Old 12-03-2004, 09:59 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default The Biggest Loser - Week 6

I wasn't going to bother posting another one of these since no left any posts from last week's episode, maybe everyone was too busy with Thanksgiving week to watch? but I really wanted to say how amazing it was when they were doing the weigh-in, they were showing the person in a split screen, what they looked like 6 weeks ago and now currently. It was just amazing to see the difference 40 lbs can make in a person's appearance. The girls on the red team look so different in particular, so much more fit and healthy. It is unreal that Ryan has lost 68 lbs in 6 weeks. I feel sorry for Mo because no matter how much he loses on this show I really feel he has not learned the skills to continue losing weight afterwards. He gets very unmotivated very quickly. This show has really motivated me to keep at it because I want to be able to look in the mirror 40 lbs from now and see a big difference and I now know that is possible. A lot of the time it feels like diet and exercise are not enough and I need something major to get the weight off. No matter how exploitive or tacky some people see this show as being, you can't get by the fact that these people are working their butts off and seeing real results. It is so cool to see how happy they are at the weigh-in when they see the lbs coming off.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:42 AM   #2  

Hi there....I missed it this week but I have to say...I am amazed too! I also wonder about Mo....do you think maybe he has a medical condition that is stopping him from losing like the others? I would have thought in the beginning that he would have this competition all wrapped up!!
SummersComing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:01 PM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I just lost intrest in the show. I did not like the way they were set up to vote people out and how they were making people look.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

By the time rolled around, I missed the post last week (and missed who they voted off. I had to look at the website to see.)
This week I switched back and forth between the shows. I agree with kelly that her team should've been the one to vote her off. To me that was a total cop out to allow the other team the honor of doing it.

I'm with you on Mo just not getting it. I'm hoping that his big loss this time will motivate him and something will click and he'll understand.

I have to say that now that there are fewer and fewer contestants, I'm not as interested anymore either.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:10 PM   #5  

Since everybody basicallly started getting nasty on the show I am really not that interested in it anymore. I did sort of watch it this week but went back and forth from a different show. I really only cared to see the weigh-in.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:19 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I really like the way Jilian has been taking time to teach them real skills like reading labels and stuff in the real world.

I am used to the "Reality TV" of it and am still enjoying it, but am MOST interested in the weigh in since I have an idea what their program is now.

Yes, I also think the befores and afters are amazing.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 04:54 PM   #7  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile

I loved it before, and I STILL love it! I find it totally motivating and affecting, and I truly care about their success. It's a competition, with both money and the continuation of some enormous support and resources at stake, so OF COURSE it's going to get heated. They're humans, so both the best and the worst of human nature will be right at the surface level and clearly apparent.

I think there's an awful lot that's positive in the show, and some important lessons to be learned. I love that they show the continued progress of the folks who were sent home -- it proves that they developed some real life skills there, and were able to successfully implement them in making lasting behavioral changes.

And I sincerely get inspired by their efforts. Dre (Andrea,) in particular, is just my hero; I am impressed and honestly inspired by her like you wouldn't believe. I hope she wins. It would be great if there were no competition, and everyone got to just be on there till the end and we could watch their progress......but they set it up to be a competition, so the reality is that they'll have to vote people off. I think the truth is that anyone who got to be on that show is a winner, because they got some real support and training, and it looks like everyone so far has been able to continue their progress at home to one degree or another.

I just love it, and it totally psyches me up. Seriously.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:46 PM   #8  

I still love it too, haven't missed a week yet! Forget about the reality and competition stuff, the point is, these people signed up for this because they knew it was time for a change, and they're really doing it. Their progress has been phenomenal, and now, as they've gotten further into the program, the emotional and physiological changes they’ve made are becoming apparent along with the physical. I also wish they could have just gone there and all of them been allowed to work on themselves until the end, but hey, this is reality TV, they've got to keep the interest going. I will definitely be watching it till the end, and I love seeing how they all look now!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:15 PM   #9  
beautiful

i was disappointed to see kelly voted off but man did you see her update at the end?!?!?! she looked GREAT!!!!

i guess i missed last weeks thread on it. i was glad to see whats his face go but was also amazed at his update at the end of the show.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote