Support Groups - Weighty Issues #22

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #22

angieME
12-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Welcome to the December edition of the Weighty Issues Thread.

We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!

angieME
12-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Good Morning ladies!! I thought I should do the December thread since it is December already. :lol: Can you believe that it is December already? I just did my workout. I do feel better after doing it, I just hate it while I am doing it. (not really) :lol: Now If I could just do the healthy eating part.

Jay is at the Post Office right now shipping out all of your gifts so they should be at your houses in a week. I hope you guys like the stuff I got you.

Poor Jay, He picked up his snowmobile the other day and we have NO snow on the ground. :lol: Poor guy, we better get some soon or he will go bonkers.

Kempy, Did you get all your gifts wrapped last night? I kinda actually like to do that. haha I am weird though. :lol: I loved talking with you last night. Sorry, I tend to ramble though.....as Julie found out too. :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Julie, Did your hubby have a look at your puter for ya. I hate it when they screw up. It is such a pain in the bum.

Cherie, How is your day going? You must be busy since you usually beat me here in the morning. :lol: When are you going skiing? I bet you are so psyched!!

Noelle, How are you doing? What are you making Rick buy you for your birthday? Any ideas yet? What days are you and Rick going to be in Vegas this year? Are you bringing Michael this time?

Wow, I am right full of questions today. :lol: I have to jump in the shower right now but I will check back later.

PhotogirlTX
12-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Good Morning! Hi Angie.. I am not so much busy and I am just not really feeling 100% this morning. I am FREEZING.. and I can't get warm. I have my space heater set up under my desk and I have it tilted so its aiming right at my feet and legs, I have my sweater on, and my scarf. BRRRRRRR I hope I am not coming down with something. I don't want to be sick this weekend.

I did good last night. I went to the grocery store, and I stocked up on Lean Cusines. I am going to start eating those at night, and for the next month, I am just going to try to eat as cleanly as I can. I also stocked up on sandwich makings, just like the subway stuff... and will bring a sandwich to work for this week too. My problem area will be this weekend, when I am with Alan. We both love to eat, and we love to cook... and we tend to do that alot when we are together. So, this weekend will be a test for me. I did walk/jog 5 miles last night, so that felt good. I also broke down my coffee table, moved it to under my bed, set up my VCR in the living room.. and now I have space to start doing my pilates again. I am hoping for a good month. I tried on my ski stuff, and I can get it buttoned, and zipped (laying down) but it's awfully tight, so my goal is to be able to slip them on and button them without them being tight by the end of the month. I think that is doable. It might make me stay off the scale, and just focus on the way the pants fit. I have started doing lunges too... throughout the day to try to help my hips and thigh area. :)

Angie.. we are going to Vail. We are going from December 26th through January 2nd. I am really excited, the place we are going to is really nice, there are 10 of us going. And we will be there for 7 days, so a LOT of skiing will be happening. I hope it snows soon for you.. I would LOVE to go snowmobiling.. that sounds like it would be so much fun! Oh, I can't wait to see what comes in the mail. Thanks Angie.. you are a sweetheart!

Kempy, We miss you!!! Hope you can find some time to come check in with us!

Julie... I had to watch the second part of the Real Gilligan's Island last night.. not nearly as good as the Bachelor. Sigh.... oh well... Hurry up January!

OK.. well, I don't remember what was on the other thread... so I need to go check it... I'll be back later. I hope you girls have a great morning!

Noelle, when is your birthday?

melekalikimaka
12-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Good morning girls. I am heading out to get some coffee because I am freezing too. My A/C is set too high and I can't find the step stool to climb up to turn it down (can't find the remote!). Not much happening with me right now...just shirking work as usual :lol: In the past few days I have watched The Stepford Wives (as recommended by Angie), The Butterfly Effect, Taking Lives (w/Angelina Jolie), Raising Helen (Kate Hudson) and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I've probably watched more but I can't remember them all. Mom and dad fly in tomorrow so I can't slack much longer *boo!*

Cherie, I've never tried skiing and I think I would be scared if I did :lol:, scared to break some bones or fall on my @ss :lol:. It sounds like fun though, I love snow since we don't have any near me. Oooh, you'll have a great time w/friends over the New Year. I love to get away right after Christmas too. BTW, my b-day is the 14th.

Angie, I've asked Rick to ‘pimp my ride' for my b-day :lol:. Well, maybe just the sound system. I like to turn up the Linkin' Park and my old heavy metal tunes once in a while when I'm driving and the speakers leave much to be desired. How is it that you guys don't have snow where you are? I thought it was freezing up there? That tells you how much I know about geography :lol: Well, I will send vibes for a nice snowfall so Jay can ride his new toy. .

Kempy, hope you're feeling a little cheerier these days. We miss you :lucky:.

Hello to Cal, Julie, Gen, Jacks and everyone else. BBL.

melekalikimaka
12-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Oh yeah, Angie, we are probably not going to Vegas during the New Year but most probably at the end of February to celebrate our anniversary. I try to go there as often as I can...

PhotogirlTX
12-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Hey everyone..... just checking in tonight... I decided that since I cleared out my living room, I better put it to use... so I did my pilates.. (which I can tell I was MUCH stronger last year when I was doing it) and then I pulled out my basic Taebo tape.. Man.. I forgot how much fun that tape is and how hard it is!!! PHEW!!! But I need to work on muscles that my jogging and walking doesn't hit.. and this tape does it! So.. I am off to rest for a few.. and when Survivior comes on, I'll be doing my mileage on the treadmill! :D Woo Hoo!!

Anyway... 15 more minutes of rest... I'll check in with you guys tomorrow!!!!

Cherie

jbbm
12-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Cherie you are an excercise queen! Your trip sounds great. How fun to go on New Year's Eve! I wish I was going with you. You sound on track with your eating too. You will look great in your ski clothes for sure girl!

Noelle I wish I had to use my A/C!!!! I am freezing my @ss off here. haha,lol
I swear someday I am going to live where it is warm, even if I am old and just for the winter :lol:.

Angie, how are you? I am so proud of you that you worked out today, thats such great news!

Anyway today I was busy with ds's school, errands to run, had an appt. and ran the kids to my mom's this afternoon. So stupid me thought I deserve a big fattening meal tonight, spaghetti and meat sauce, and texas garlic toast(alot of the bread!). Oopps. I did not eat enough today so I really over did it tonight. Oh well tomorrow is another day. I want to eat right though just so my stomach feels good too. Well I want to catch the end of extreme makeover! Talk later girls. Hi everyone. Julie

jbbm
12-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Forgot to say where is Kempy? Come out sweetie and talk. Miss you. Chat with you when you can! How is work going, I bet you are busy, everyone probally wants to be hairless for their Christmas parties :lol:! I wish my husband's company was having one, I have not gotten all dolled up in ages,lol. I guess I will just do the family ones, lol with all the food! And shave my own legs and stuff! haha

PhotogirlTX
12-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Good Morning everyone! TGIF! I just finished my oatmeal for breakfast.. and I'm ready to start my day. Ready to get out of work actually.... :D

My thighs are yelling at me today. Between the lunges I was doing yesterday and the taebo and running... I think I have woken them up. I really don't want to lose a lot of weight as much as I want to tone up and slip into my ski pants a little better...

Any one watch Survivor????? :D Yeah.. the witch is gone! :-) Ok.. enough of my reality rant.

Well, I better get to work and get my stuff finished.. I am looking at getting out of here a little early. I hope everyone has a great Friday!

Cherie

jbbm
12-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Hi girls

How is everyone today? TGIF!! I ate so much last night that I still feel kinda full, but put something like a cinnamon roll in front of me and a hot cup of coffee and I would eat it :lol:!! But I just had some orange juice this morning. I am going to try and get some kind of cardio in today. Last night before bed I was flipping through the channels and saw this lady who is a naturalpath doctor(sp?). Well anyway she was so neat, she talked about how enough of us don't even breathe right. We should take deep belly breaths, but most of us just take short lung ones. She also talked about the benefits of massage and essential oils and also yoga. She has a botique kinda store about 30 minutes away from me. I might have to go get a massage and buy some vitamins and oils. Maybe if I lose five pounds I will treat myself. I just hate getting stressed driving 30-40 minutes on the highway to go to her :lol:.

Cherie, I have not seen one episode of the survivor this season....to addicted to Byron! LOL!! I think I will be thinking of their love story for a long time.

Well girls I will check back later! Julie

jbbm
12-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Anyone here????? LOL

I know everyone is busy. I have tons of family to buy for yet. My mom, mil, more for the kids, cousins, my brothers and new sil, ds son teachers and my dad's birthday :dizzy:. Dh and I may not exchange gifts this year. Just put the money towards the kiddos presents. Is everyone done yet? I feel so behind. We are putting two Christmas trees up this year too. I love getting the ornaments out every year and thinking about memories. It is going to be hard especially when I get my doggy's one out. It is going to be front and center of the tree.

Well wanted to pop in and say Hola! Julie

jbbm
12-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Good Late Afternoon,

Just popping in. May not be able to be on this weekend to much because dh may have to do something with this computer. But just saying hello and I hope we all have a great weekend! Julie

Kempyd
12-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Oh my gosh I think this is the longest I have been off of the site. Sorry!!! :o It started out me not feeling weel and then it turned into me being lazy and not wanting to turn the puter on. But, new month, new me!

I have had a few clients. I just worked on a lady that works in an office with 11 women that want work done. They were making her be the pin cushion first though. She loved it and said that she can't wait to tell them all on Monday. If that happens I can get off of commission and go to room rental. That would be great!!!

Angie it was fun talking to you the other day. At first I didn't think it was you that I was talking to. I thought it was Alicia. I have no idea why I thought that. I thought your accent was cute though. It is a nice change from what I hear everyday. Did I sound too bad? I don't think I have an accent but of course I listen to myself every day. :lol:

I need to get all of your gifts in the mail this morning so I need to get my butt in gear today. I will try to jump on later today.

angieME
12-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Sorry I wasnt on yesterday but I found a guy who had a litter of Himalayan/siamese kittens so me and my sis had to go get 2. One for her and one for my Mom for Christmas from my Dad. I have a himalayan who is 13 and he is brown. Mom wanted one like him but she has had siamese cats the whole time I was growing up too so she has a combo. She isnt brown like my Meanie but she is so CUTE@!!! I am in love with her. She stayed here last night and Dad is bringing Mom over later to surprise her. Rebel adores this cat!!! He has sat here all night and chewed on her fur. I call it knitting(he takes little nibbles with his teeth like he is chattering.) The cat loves it and him. I will miss her when she leaves.

Kempy, I loved to talk to you. I hate it that I ramble so bad when I am talking to someone new. Sorry. No, You didnt have much of an accent at all. I figured you would sound more like they do on tv.. Alicia answered the phone in the house and than I got it in the bakery so we were both talking at one time. :lol:

I have to go jump in the shower but I wanted to post a pic of Moms newest family member.

angieME
12-04-2004, 09:55 AM
ps: she is so small. The pic makes her look big but I will post one of her with Rebel later so you can see. She was the runt of the litter. Wendy named hers Kaluah so I told her mom should name this one Bailey. :lol: or Brandy. hahaha

melekalikimaka
12-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Happy Saturday girls. I tried 3x to post yesterday but they kept disappearing into thin air. Thanks for the addresses everyone, I will have my mailing done by Monday at the latest.

Angie, thank you so much for the gift card, I love it! I guess it's obvious how often I go to Starbucks :^:, you are a doll. Thank you thank you. I will raise my cup to you next time I enjoy one :coffee: You are so sweet to get your mom a kitten. She is just beautiful. My mom had a siamese cat named Chan w/a crooked jaw. We also had a brown Himalayan like your Meanie, but ours was named Fuzzy. We found him when he was full grown but he was the sweetest cat.

Kempy, welcome back girl! :cb: We missed you! I'm sure you'll have no problem getting those 11 new clients. There's nothing like a girl's inter-office grapevine. Good luck with that. Room rental would be cool, more dinero in your pocket. :)

Julie, I'm right there with you on the present buying thing. I have a huge family and we haven't even drawn names yet. I'd be broke til next Christmas if I had to buy for everyone. The kids are easiest to buy for since they come right out and tell you what they want :lol: have a good weekend.

Cherie, wow girl you are awesome. Keep it up! Eventually your exercise vibes will rub off on me and I'll get off my butt and start moving again :lol:. The holidays are hard to stay on track w/eating with so many of them in a row. You are doing so great, I love hearing your motivation.

Have a great weekend everyone, gotta run for now and get breakfast for the boy. :wave:

melekalikimaka
12-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Hey girls, just checking in on a Sunday afternoon. We got a beautiful 6-7' noble fir tree up and decorated. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmasssssssssss.....everywhere you goooooo... :lol:

Just took a breather. The guys are outside playing poker, the kids are in the backyard shooting hoops. There's a big pot of crab legs on the stove :hun: and my sis brought some hot and spicy buffalo wings. I think I'll take a nap shortly before dinner :yawn:. Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying the tail end of the weekend. Tomorrow it's back to the old grind. Have a good one.

melekalikimaka
12-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Happy (?) Monday ladies. Geez, I had to rescue us from the second page! Let's get posting here. How was everyone's weekend? I'm here in my office and I've still got computer glitches so I may have to get my diagnostic work done on my poor ‘puter. Darn those evil spybots, hackers, spammers and just good-for-nothing scumbags who have nothing better to do than inconvenience other people's lives for their own entertainment! :mad:

I am busy making family ornaments. I shot pics of my sisters, nephews, BIL's and pets and am making these neat photo cubes that I will hang on the tree. They're hilarious since not everyone wanted their picture taken. I'm a sneaky one though, I caught some of them in their finest moments :devil: All I do is print out the pic like I'm printing sticker rounds, then glue six of the rounds together to create a cube. I learned how to make it in the 2nd grade and I'm still at it :lol:

Anywho, hope to come back here later and see more posts. I get bored talking to myself :p

PhotogirlTX
12-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey Everyone.. sorry I wasn't online this weekend, I was at Alan's and I didn't touch the computer all weekend. Friday we went out and he bought himself some new living furniture... a really nice black leather pit type group.. can seat 7 comfortably with three recliners ..... it was GREAT for the game party we had on Saturday. Friday night we made spaghetti and meatballs.. and it was sooooooooo good. Saturday, we spent the morning cleaning house, so I think I got a pretty good workout doing that... Saturday afternoon/evening, we had everyone over to watch the OU/Colorado game... that night we made enchiladas, margaritas, chocolate souflees and had beer and everything else. It was so yummy again.... and yesterday... we ended up going out to lunch to a steakhouse with another couple, then going to see a friend's race car he is building... then back home.. and we just watched a movie last night and relaxed. It was a REALLY good weekend. Now I won't see him til my ski trip :-( so I have PLENTY of time to work out!

Tonight I plan on getting some good time in on the treadmill, do my taebo and pilates... I was so sore on Friday from my Thursday workout... so now I just need to keep it up!

Noelle... the cube thing sounds really cute... :-) They will just LOVE you for that one! :D

(((((KEMPY))))) welcome back and congrats on those new clients! You are doing an awesome job!!!

Angie.. that kitten is so adorable.... awwwwww makes me want an animal... and the girls would love a cat too.. but I gotta wait. Maybe this summer.

Julie... I have two gifts bought.. wait four for the girls. That is it. If I had more money, I probably would not dread shopping so much.. but because things are so tight this year again because of my ex's illness, I am just dreading the whole christmas season.

OK.. well back to work.... I'll check in later to see if anything is going on!

Cherie

melekalikimaka
12-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Angie how does mom like her new kitty?

jbbm
12-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Hi girls

How is everyone's Monday? Mine is going pretty good. We woke up this morning to about at least 2 inches of snow! I looked out the window and got the feeling oh it is so pretty and Christmas is almost here! Then I thought snow go away :lol:! But I got excited about it for the kids ;). My eating was okay this weekend. Well Saturday night I had a huge steak dinner and yesterday was bacon and eggs. We put two trees up this weekend. The kids had fun with that. We did St. Nick yesterday, because my dh wanted to be here to see them and their stockings. That was fun too. Did some cleaning, all in all a good weekend.

Angie that kitty is adorable. Looks like a stuffed animal it is so cute. Your trip is coming quick! I bet you just cannot wait! I wanna go too!! Hehe

Noelle I bet the ornaments we be great! It is fun to get pics of people when they are not expecting it! Not mine though ;) :lol: :D. Crab Legs!!! Yum! I am jealous, I only eat them on New Year's once a darn year! I hope you enjoyed every bite.

Cherie your weekend sounded great and relaxing. The food also sounds wonderful. You must have a good cook on your hands!! I know I feel extra stressed about the Holidays this year for some reason. I just have to remember what this time of year means. My bro. and sil are coming for two weeks. I am such a nervous hostess type :^:. I just need to relax and forget about the stupid little things.

Hi everyone else! I will check back later. Julie

jbbm
12-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Whats for dinner everyone? I might do hamburger helper or chili. Something hot to warm my bones up! Well gotta pick up this dump, haha there are toys everywhere, I mean everywhere!

Kempyd
12-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Hey guys. I went into work today for a little bit and then came home. I wasn't feeling the best. I just crashed on the sofa and now I feel better. I wish we had the weather that you guys are talking about. We have our AC on right now as I am typing this. Isn't that terrible?

It sounds like we are all doing great right now. I love to see that.

Anige are you busy getting ready for the trip? Next time I call I will have to talk like the people on TV. My cousins live in south Louisiana and they sound like that. I love making fun of them. I worked really hard not to sound country. Not that it is bad but I wanted to stand out down here. Poeple are always asking where I am from b/s I don't sound like I am from here.

Julie we had Bubba burgers and tater tots. Joe is making some party mix so I wasnted to cook something easy and get out of his way in the kitchen. You know, we still don't have any pics of you young lady. Whatever happened to that?

Noelle I guess we are going to have a Hawiian Christmas. It looks like it isn't going to get very cold this year. Oh well, maybe next year.

Cherie it sounds like you had a fun weekend. I spent the majority of mine stripping a dresser. I got the thing for $75 and I found out that is it form 1860 so I am really working on it to make it look nice. I should have taken a picture of it b4 I started to show you guys.

Ok, I need to balance the ole check book so I will chat tomorrow.

PhotogirlTX
12-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Good Morning everyone! I ended up going to bed right after I put the girls to bed at 8PM... was just tired from my weekend, and sleepy. I watched a little bit of VH1 and then turned the TV off. So... no, I didn't exercise. I will today. I got up this morning and was very pleased to see that I am at the same weight I was on Friday, so even after having a really nice food weekend, I didn't suffer from it.

Julie... SNOW... fun. My girls would be so excited if it snowed. They wouldn't know what to do. And as for having a great cook on my hands.. well, I do, and I love to cook as well, so that is something that Alan and I really enjoy doing together, cooking and entertaining. We are always trying new stuff.. and perfecting our old standby favorites. Its such a change to have someone in the kitchen with me. I couldn't even get my ex to come help me prepare dinner... much less take over and do more cooking than me. My ex's idea of making me dinner was to ask me where would I like to go out and eat. I hated that.

Kempy.... I would love to see pictures of your dresser! How cool to have something that old!

Well, it's time to get back to work. It's ONLY TUESDAY.... and I am ready for the weekend!!! Talk to you gals later!

angieME
12-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Hey everybody!!! I am running so behind so I dont have much time to post but I will try so hard to do individual posts later. I promise!!! I just wanted to check in and say hi.

It is snowing outside right now and 15 degrees. It is supposed to get pretty nasty out tonight. YUCK!!!

jbbm
12-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Hey girls

How are you today? It feels like Wednesday to me. Weird huh? Oh well, haha....It has been a crazy busy day. Ds had school, running for that this am and then both kids had haircuts, and now making a big huge honkin, lol chicken dinner for supper.

Angie busy too! Did you happen to watch the Trading Spouses last night? I loved that lady that went to go live with the new age people in California. She was so funny I laughed the whole show. Anyone else see it? I can't wait to watch the one next week. Hang in there with the snow, it is almost vacation time girl, we got some but it is raining today and melting it today. Just gloomy.

Noelle hello to you! How is HI treating ya? Warm breezes and cool waters? Ahhhhh, a girl can dream! haha, hope you are having a great day.

Well gotta run, Summer, Cal, Jacks, Holly, Gen, and everyone else come on out to play! Check back....Julie

Cherie I guess I am lucky my hubby loves to cook. I do too. I love to make mexican and italian dishes and baked goodies. Basically we just love food. My kids made a snowman yesterday. But he is pretty much melted and has fallen down. Oh well we will have plenty of more snowman to make this year.

Kempy I love antiques. We have a couple of pieces. A mirror that we refinished and a kidney desk. As for pic I hope to get my scanner going.

jbbm
12-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Darn it just tried to put a pic up and I can't get the supid thing to work. Ugh oh well those of you who want to see me, pm me your address's and I will try to send cards out! I am so last minute. Haha, I usually don't send cards out but I am going to try like h*ll this year.

Gennel
12-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Hello ladies,
I've been lurking and I still feel a bit lost in the new website. Well at least for me it's new. For the past month I've stocked up on Lean Cuisine. I started just eating Lean Cuisine for Lunch. Now I make a light breakfast and I eat Lean Cuisine for Lunch and Dinner. So far I've lost 11 lbs in 4 weeks. This past week I got T.O.M. and I didnt see a loss or gain. Oh! I also found Icecream sandwhiches 120 calories and only 1.5 fat grams!It's a Walmart brand ( Greatvalue) I like the way it tastes and its cheaper than the Skinny Cow and 98% fatfree Klondike sandwhiches. I usually paid like $3.67 for a pack of 6. I paid $3.87 for a pack of 12!!
I still kick myself for gaining nearly half of the weight I loss!! I cant really whine about it because while I was eating pizzas,lasagna,chinese rice,pork chops....I knew exactly what I was sticking into my mouth!!
I wish I could be so serious about dropping extra pounds like celebs do when they are going to the Grammys or Oscar Night lol. Everytime I set out to lose weight before a wedding or if family is coming out of state....it never happens! But I know those are all the wrong reasons to lose some weight. I was truly a happier and energetic person when I was thinner.I felt and looked healthier.Ok, sorry for sounding a bit down .
Have you ladies done most of your christmas shopping? I did most of the shopping and the rest I think I will give gift certificates!

night folks!
Genie

PhotogirlTX
12-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Well, I just finished my 5 miles on the treadmill. I feel so much better. Yesterday, I stopped by the library and checked out the Dr. Phil book, the 7 Keys to weigh loss freedom... anyway, I feel like I need some inspiration, and hopefully Dr. Phil will help. I have already set out a plan, I am going to try to have patience and go at this reasonably. I have set out 21 weeks to lose 1.75 pounds a week. That will get me down to where I need to be for my height. I am aiming for 35 pounds. I have also set out some reasonable exercise goals... run 5 hours a week, (five 1 hour sessions), 4 twenty minute pilate sessions, and 3 25 minute taebo sessions. Plus adding my lunges at work whenever I go to the bathroom. :-) Anyway... Dr. Phil says I need to have someone I can be accountable to, so guess what.. YOU GUYS are it! I will make sure I update every week, and hopfully see a change.

Genie... I too have stocked up on Lean Cusines. I have been having oatmeal in the morning, a sandwich for either lunch or dinner and a lean cusine the other meal. I've also been drinking my water. My hard days are when I go out with my friend Alan cause we like to eat so much... but he did hook up his VCR for me, so when I am there, I will be able to do my taebo and pilates.

Julie.... I did my treadmill work while watching the Biggest Loser tonight.... that show is really inspiring me..those people have made such a huge change ... I know it would be easier to lose weight if that is all I had to do for 8 weeks... work out with a trainer and work out some more... but I am still impressed by their progress!

OK... well, I just wanted to check in... I am going to go read some more with Dr. Phil! :D

Have a great night everyone!

Cherie

calnative
12-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post very quickly and let you know that I'm still here, just busy and feeling a little down. I am done with my shopping; have been for several weeks. I will be taking Ashley to see Santa this weekend. She is really excited.
We've been having quite a bit of rain lately. The high has been hovering between 50 and 60. It's quite a bit cooler than this time last year, but not bad compared to what it can be. (I'm thinking of Angie and Julie right now. :) )
December 17 is our last day of school then we are out for 2 weeks. I'm really looking forward to it.
Hubby has finally gotten a job so things should get better soon. I still wonder how we're able to pay everything. It's awful being a teacher because there's no way to work and earn overtime. I told hubby that the only way I can make extra money is to get another job. I just can't do that right now; I'm already so tired.
I will try to post more often. I love reading these posts and knowing that I have good friends to talk to. I wish I had more phone numbers; there're times when I really need to talk to someone.
Have a great evening and a wonderful 'hump day' tomorrow.

Cal

angieME
12-08-2004, 08:00 AM
hey everyone. I got an email from Verizon saying that my puter has a virus and if I dont get it fixed immediately than I will be suspended from their service. I must have had it ever since my Norton stopped working way back when because they told me to go to a sight for a free scan which I did and it found 8. I deleted them and got my Norton running again and guess what I did another scan and 5 of them were back again. I have no idea how to get rid of them so if I get cut off I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas now. :lol:

angieME
12-08-2004, 08:01 AM
ps: I will be pissed if I get cut off before Saturday because I bought my sister an MP3 player for Christmas and was planning on loading her music on Saturday.

PhotogirlTX
12-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Good Morning everyone.... I just wanted to pop in before my day started. I am going to have a busy one, I run payroll tomorrow, so everything has to be keyed today.

Angie.. I hope you get your computer straightened out.. I don't want you cut off either! :-) No advice, but I am sure there is some spybot software out there that can help.

Cal, it's good to hear from you! I understand about the working and needing overtime.. I can't get it where I am working either.. and I can't get a second job because of the girls. I just heard from my ex last night that because he has taken off so much work for his cancer treatments, his job fired him. It really sucks because I was so counting on him going back to work this month. It would really help to get a little assistance with the girls, but once again... sigh... never mind... With your hubby going back to work, I know things will get better for you! Enjoy Santa this weekend!

Well, I better get busy.... I'll talk to you guys later! (((hugs)))

Cherie

jbbm
12-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Good Morning Everyone!

Cal its great to hear from you, and I am glad that your husband has found a new job! I hope everything works out. I know money is darn tight for so many this year. I have been thinking about going to work but with the cost of daycare, I might wait until they are both in school full time. That would be a year and a half. I hope Ashley enjoys santa! I gotta bring my kids yet.

Angie oh no, I hope you don't get your service cut off. We want to talk to you as much as we can before you leave! Computers are a pain sometimes. Merry Christmas to you too.

Kempy how are you doing? I saw on the national news your state may get some rain today. Hope you stay dry and the thunderstorms stay away. I wish I could have a Hawaiian Christmas! Lets trade, lol. Pm me your email and I will send you a pic if you like. I am so bad at this computer. I tried putting one on that I had downloaded and dh even tried to help yesterday but I can not get the damn thing to work!

Cherie, hugs to you too. That totally sucks the your ex got fired from his job. Gosh, I wish this world was more sensitive to peoples lives. Hang in there. I know its easy for me to say. But I do care and if you need to talk or vent, do it hon. I wish I could help you in some sort of way.

Noelle are you busy as a bee this week? Did your ds see santa yet? We tried taking our family picture sitting by the fireplace last night but gave up after one of them kept looking away from the camera. And my dd started getting the wiggles. Ugh, and darn it, it just had to be a good hair day for me and I had make-up on :lol:! We will try again this weekend and hopefully get cards sent out this year!

Genie, I hope to get all my shopping done this weekend. I agree, I am going to be buying gift certicates for my godchildren. Congrats on the weight loss!

Hi everyone, can't wait until Friday! Julie

jbbm
12-08-2004, 12:21 PM
I wanted to ask you girls has anyone had lasik surgery, I am blind as a bat without my contacts or glasses and I would love to get it done now that the price of it is coming down here. I am just sick of spending money on contact solutions, contacts and glasses. But I am kind of scared because it involves your eyes and we only have one set! Well thought I would just ask. Thanks
Julie

melekalikimaka
12-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Hey girls, Happy hump day! I am still crafting away making those sneaky family ornaments. Not much else exciting happening around here. Oh wait, I call the police on my neighbors yesterday morning. There's a bunch of little kids that live in the downstairs unit next door. One of the boys is around 3 or 4 years old. Every single day really early in the morning and late into the night he's always getting yelled at so he's crying hysterically and screaming his head off. Yesterday morning was the usual, but this time I could hear the dad(?) yelling at him too. It was so loud it woke me up before 6 am. Then I brought Michael to school around 7:15 a.m., returned to the house at 8 a.m.–kid's still screaming, guy's still yelling. So I called the cops. I don't know what came of it, but last night was really quiet and so was this morning.

Hi Cal! Sorry to hear you're feeling down. Glad to hear Alberto found work :cb: Michael asked me what I liked most about Christmas yesterday. I said I liked to watch him and all the other kids have great big happy smiles on their faces. It brings me back to when I was little and excited about the season, experiencing it all again through their eyes.

Angie hope you get that virus thing sorted out. We will be lost without you. What's the countdown to vacation? Wow, you are a cool sister getting a mp3 player for your sis. BTW, i had my first cup of Starbucks on you–thanks! :coffee:

Julie, my sister had lasik during the summer. Prior to that, she'd worn glasses or contacts since she was around 10 years old–she's now 35. One day after surgery she was fine to go back to work and drive–without glasses. I'm jealous because my eyesight isn't bad enough for the docs to approve Lasik for me so I'm stuck w/contacts for now. I'd say if you've researched it and found a qualified doctor, go for it! Rick took Michael to see Santa a weekend ago–didn't even dress him up nice or anything. Just shorts and a t-shirt :rolleyes: That's dad's for you! :lol: Anyway, the pic was cute and the smile was nice so I'm happy.

Hey Gen, that is great progress. Yes this site can be overwhelming with all the changes, especially if you've been away for a while. Glad to know you have your plan and are sticking to it.

Cherie, that is sad that your ex got fired. Couldn't he have gotten TDI or something while he was being treated? You work hard for you and your girls, you deserve a break. Wishing good things to come your way. :grouphug:

Hello to Kempy, Summer and everyone else. Gotta get working on this pile of paperwork on my desk so I can finish those funny ornaments. Have a great day.

Kempyd
12-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey guys. I just got home from shopping. I needed to get us a suitcase for vacation and I found a really good deal at TJ Maxx. I need to go work on my dresser in a minute but I wanted to say hi.

Julie I think the rain is on it's way. I really don't want it to rain anymore. I am surprised that myhouse isn't sinking right now. I was in the back yard yesterday and I left big holes where I walked. Not good for the yard at all. Joe and I need to work on the drainage issue ASAP.

Gen I wish I could just eat LC's but I have to cook for Joe. I don't think he would want to eat those every night too. Darn! That would be so easy.

Angie you can download a free spyware checker. It is called Spybot. I am not certain of the site but just google it and you should be able to find it. I wonder why your norton didn't get rid of your viruses.

Cal it is nice to see you post. I think you and I are the only ones that are done with shopping. I finished a few weeks ago too. I feel much better when I do that. I can relax and watch all of the other poeple freaking out.

Noelle do you think it is a domestic problem next door? I hate to hear that people live like that.

I am going to head out to work on the dreaser b4 it gets too humid to do it. I will check back in a little bit.

jbbm
12-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Noelle I am glad you called. Hopefully the little boy is okay. I can't believe the dad screams at him like that everyday and every night. Poor kid. I read such scary things that are happening to little kids like parents not feeding their kids and it makes me want to cry. Most nights we prepare a huge dinner and we beg our kids to eat :dizzy:,lol. I am glad your Michael got to see santa. Its the smiles that count, atleast he is not afraid of him! Haha

Kempy I hear ya on the water thing. Its a mess isn't it? We have a big
hill in our back yard and in the spring its like a little pond on the patio!

Well I should go girls I will check back later.

jbbm
12-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Noelle, one more thing, I hate to bug ya because I know you are busy, but my sil had it done but she had to wear glasses for four months straight, no contacts before the surgery? Did you sister have to do that? I do not want to wear my glasses for that long! Thanks!

melekalikimaka
12-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Julie, I asked my sis about the need to stop wearing the contacts...she said she had to wear her glasses only for 2 mos. prior to the surgery. She previously wore gas permeable (hard) contact lenses. I had a co-worker who wore hard lenses for a long-period of time. He said the hard lenses actually create a "ridge" of like scar tissue on the surface of your eye :eek: I dunno about that though, I wear disposable soft lenses and not even every day--I don't have to clean them, just throw them out when the day is done. (yeah, I'm that lazy :lol:

angieME
12-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Hey everyone, I think I got rid of the virus. I hope!!! I have been running scans all day and I think it is fixed. I have gotten 2 scans that say there were no viruses(sp)

Kempy, I would love to see the bureau. I remember an old one we had when we first got married after I got pregnant with Brittany. I redid it with white paint and blue and pink accents. It came out so cute. It is stored at My in laws now.

Julie, We got snow last night and now everything is white. It goes with the tree Jay brought home for the kids so now it feels like Christmas. :lol: No lasik for me because I am a wimp. :lol:

Cherie, I am so sorry your ex got fired. That is sad that they would just fire someone who is so sick.

Cal, I bet you are excited for vacation and a little break from so many kids. :cheer: For your hubby getting a job. He must be happy.

Noelle, You are more than welcome for your gift. I am glad it arrived safe and sound. I was a little worried it would get there all busted up. :lol: I hope you and your family enjoy it.

Have any of you gotten your gift from me yet besides Noelle? That is weird if it made it to Hawaii first,huh? :lol:

I have to go to Bangor tomorrow to get some jelly for the bakery to get through the rest of the week and tomorrow night I have to bake a cheesecake for the Christmas Party on Saturday. Busy Busy.

jbbm
12-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Kempy you are so sweet, I love ya. We are having chili tonight and we are going to have some of your seasoning on it. You went way to overboard. I cried when I got the package. I just feel so blessed and thankful for you. All of you! Thanks honey! My dd loved the gator ornament! I have it up and everytime I walked by I think of our friendship! The tile is beautiful too. I hope to get yours out soon! You girls are the best friends I have ever had. I really hope we can all meet someday!

Angie nothing yet? I am so glad you got rid of that nasty virus.

Noelle thanks for answering me, I wear the soft ones, so who knows. Thanks again.

Well kids are really wanting dinner. I will check back after dinner.

melekalikimaka
12-09-2004, 01:00 AM
Sheesh! Rick and I went to an auto stereo place this evening since he agreed to spring for some sounds for my b-day. We listened to some demos of different speakers, amps, woofers, etc... and I told the guy what kind of sound I preferred. He drew up an estimate for a new system using the existing stereo and it still came up to around $1400! I couldn't believe the cost. Shoot, I'd rather use that to put a down payment on a new car than waste all that money on a sound system! I had no idea it could cost that much! :o The salesman was so smooth too--he used the analogy of the brand of amp being the "Ferragamo" of amps :lol: Yeah, I think I'd rather spend that money on a bag than a sound system :devil:

Hey Angie, wave hello to Stephen King for me will ya? :lol:

Talk w/y'all tomorrow.

PhotogirlTX
12-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Good Morning everyone! :-) I have payroll to run today.. so I will check back later this afternoon!

Noelle.. THANKS!!! :-) My daugthers and I had fun looking through the calendar.

I will be back later with personal messages.. I just need to get my payroll out the door this morning!

:-)

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
12-09-2004, 01:27 PM
ok.. Payroll is done. :) Now for something fun. I am about to have my lunch, a Lean Cuisine Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce and my diet coke. YUM. (or so I keep telling myself).

This morning, I broke through my weight plateau block. FINALLY. That gives me some motivation. :-)

Tonight, I am going to Alan's... and if I could get off early, he wanted to go rollerblading, but I can't.. so I won't get in any exercise. I am making good choices for my food today, so I can have something good tonight.

Wow.. Noelle, that is a lot of money for a new system... I'm with you... I could use that for other stuff!

Angie, I hope you got your computer WELL again. After your episode, last night I spent it downloading the spybot search and destroy and my norton updates. So I think my home computer is OK. Be careful driving out on that snow today!! Hope you get all your errands ran.

Julie... CHILI.... YUM. I am going to make a big pot over the weekend. My girls love it. Good luck with your decision about the eye surgery... I have been lucky.. no eye problems for me. I have some computer glasses that I use during the day, but otherwise... I am good.

Kempy good job on the suitcase... where are you going again?

OK ladies.. back to work here.. talk to you soon!

Cherie

jbbm
12-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Hi girls just a quicke from me, my kids are finishing lunch and just back from picking up ds from school. I am afraid I just ate about 4 tbls. at least of peanut butter plus some of my sons leftover lunch he did not want. Its my own fault, I did not eat breakfast.

Cherie congrats of the loss! I know what you mean about the lean cuisines. There is hardly any food in them! But good idea saving room for calories for tonight, have fun!

Noelle, that is alot of money! That reminds me my dd and were dancing in the car on the way to pick up ds at school. She loves Beyonce-"crazy in love" or god wait until the teenage years. Everyone around us driving probally thinks I am nuts dancing and singing to myself :lol:!

Angie more snow, oh no! Go away and leave my Angie alone :lol:. All of ours have melted but oh boy more on the way!

Kempy my hus is in love with ya. He went crazy last night with the chili. I loved it too!

Check back in a bit

PhotogirlTX
12-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Julie.. what spices did Kempy send you? I love the Nick Fowler's 2 Alarm Chili mix... it's the best I have come up with.... Lots of chili powder! :-)

Louisiana has the best spices.. I do have to say.... I love that place. :D

melekalikimaka
12-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Good morning ladies. I had to rush to K-mart this morning to pick up a Kris Kringle/Secret Santa gift for one of my son's classmates. I chose a holiday Barbie doll. I'm having a heck of a time wrapping it though, it's in a weirdly shaped box. I may have to go and get a gift bag instead. I'm supposed to write on the gift tag the name of the girl it goes to and make it "from Santa" so the kids will really believe it came from him. We were instructed by the teacher to hide the gift from our own kids so they don't tell :lol: They have class until 11 a.m. next Tues and Weds then it's Xmas vacation time for them. My mom and dad are thrilled I'm sure that the kids will be in their hair so soon...

Cherie, you're welcome :). It's not much, but I just wanted to share with you all some of the sights of my beautiful island state. Congrats on breaking that plateau! I guess every little victory makes eating LC's fun, huh? Just kidding, I actually like some of the LC offerings...not particularly that Basil cream sauce one though. Have you tried that chicken pasta bowl they have? That's pretty good, just add a side salad or some steamed veggies on the side and you have a pretty darn good balanced meal.

Julie, it's funny because we have the same taste in music. Right now in my CD player I still have the Clay Aiken CD + his new Xmas one :^: , and Beyonce Crazy in Love CD (along with a Linkin Park (Meteora) and Dio (The Very Beast of Dio). Michael asks me "mom what are you doing?!???" when I get into the music :lol: He sings along too though. I bet our kids would have a blast together just like you and I.

Kempy you're heading out toward CA way aren't you? Pack some warm clothes, my mom and dad just got back from Sacramento and it was dipping into the 30's--same thing for Southern Cal too.

OK, gotta run for now, I've got a delivery coming in. Be back later. :wave:

Kempyd
12-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Shhh, Julie don't tell Cherie. I sent her some too. It is funny, I got all of you guys some and I am out now. I need to getsome at the store the next time I go. I get the huge can though. I swear we drink the stuff.

Cherie I am going to California to visit Joe's mom and grandmother for Christmas. We havn't been out there in 2 years so it should be fun. It just gets to be too much money to do it evey year. Plus, my family like to see us some times too. But, we have to switch the families off on holidays.

Noelle I love the song from 50 first dates. I made one of my clients listen to it today while we were in treatment. It was really neat to hear something other than what I usually play.

Anige are you still ok up there? we got pelted with rain last night. I was awake at 2 until 3 listening to it. I get kind of worried about the trees when the wind is bad.

Summer, Cal and Gen are you guys still there?

I am going to try and take a pic of the dresser in a little bit. It still hasn't dried since yesterday though. The humidity got high right after I put a coat of stain on it but it is still pretty. I can't wait to finally get that thing in the house. I need to go play with the dogs so I will pop back on in a bit. :wave:

angieME
12-09-2004, 07:19 PM
I just baked my cheesecake tonight and it came out good. It is going to kill Jay to have to stay out of it until Saturday. :lol: We are deep frying a turkey Saturday and I am making all the fixings to go with it. We should have a good party. I bought my sister a card that says.... I was going to buy you a vibrator for Christmas and then on the inside it says.... but I was afraid you would chip your teeth. :lol:

I am so mad that noone but Noelle has gotten their gifts yet. I hope they arent lost or broken. I hope you all get them before I leave next Saturday. I cant believe that I only have a week left. YEAH!!! After all the extra baking we have been doing we are ready for a vacation. :lol:

we have to put the kids air hockey table together tomorrow night so we can give it to them on Saturday at the party.

jbbm
12-09-2004, 11:18 PM
GoodNight Girls, signing off. Angie I will be dreaming of cheesecake,lol :lol:.
Long day, talk with you all tomorrow :).

angieME
12-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Good Morning!!! We are in for some more nasty weather tonight and tomorrow morning. Have I ever mentioned that I hate winter? :lol: :rofl:

The twins over slept this morning because I let them stay upo and watch CSI last night.I told them not to ask again. haha

Not much happening here today besides work. Tonight I am going to mix up the peanut butter dough for the mice cookies and the kids are all going to make them tomorrow at the party. They are really excited about that.

melekalikimaka
12-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Good morning girls. Why am I up at 4 a.m.??? I woke up for some reason this morning remembering that I forgot to put a juicebox in the fridge last night, for Michael's field trip today. The 2 kindergarten and 2 preschool classes are having breakfast w/Santa at the Hard Rock Cafe this morning. I still have to pack a lunch which he probably won't eat. Anyway, I'm still tired so I'm going to jump back into bed. It's cold here right now, around 65 :p ! Tomorrow it's supposed to dip down into the 50's in some spots *shiver* :lol:. We expect a high of around 79 so yup, that's a hawaiian winter, except w/don't have any rain at the moment, but it's coming.

Angie, stay safe in that nasty weather. Maybe once it calms down Jay will have enough snow to ride his new toy? I remember those cute :mouse: :cookie: . Michael loved eating those, esp. the licorice tails. Have fun at the party tomorrow, if I don't have a chance to pop in during the weekend.

:yawn: It's back to bed for another hour or so. See you in a little while.

PhotogirlTX
12-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Good Morning! :-)

Noelle... WOW.. I was wondering why you had posted this morning! Hope you got some sleep. Seeing Santa at the Hard Rock Cafe.. what a FUN trip. I hope Michael has a great time. And I personally would LOVE your winters. I am not much on cold unless it involves snow and skiing. Other than that... give me the warm stuff!

Angie.. stay safe. I do enjoy watching it snow.. so that should be fun. Hopefully you are stocked up on hot chocolate! Your party sounds like it will be a great time! And peanut butter mice cookies??? What are those? The peanut butter sounds great... not so sure if I want a mouse in mine or not ;)

Kempy... awww thanks sweetie.. you girls are great! I can't wait to get a little taste of Louisiana! I hope you enjoy your trip to California. Where in CA will you be? Every trip I took there I had so much fun. Sounds like a wonderful holiday vacation.

Last night, I didn't go overboard too much... (I keep telling myself) three pieces of pizza, hamburger, with a side of ranch dressing. After we watched Survivor, we went outside to look at the stars and try out his new scope... so I got all bundled up cause it was COLD.... and I finally went in and made some hot chocolate with milk and bailieys.. so I may have screwed up there :D It was yummy however.

This morning.. I had the willpower to pass up the Pantera Bread Bagels they brought in and I ate my oatmeal. Only because I know at lunch, I'll be having mexican, On The Border. I think I will have to be working out extra hard this weekend. :-)

Well.. back to work here... I hope you have a great Friday! Talk to you all soon!

Cherie

jbbm
12-10-2004, 10:54 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

I am going to grab something to eat.

Noelle that field trip sounds fun. I hope he has a great day! And you get some rest!

Cherie, your drink from last night sounds yummy on a cold night. Have fun at your lunch today.

Check back later. Julie

PhotogirlTX
12-10-2004, 12:11 PM
My Lunch date got cancelled. :( Oh well.. means I will eat healthy and not feel guilty, I have a Healthy Choice meal in the freezer here.... I guess that is a good thing... I will just miss the company.

I'll check back later.

C.

GEMonster
12-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Hello Holiday Ladies!

Oh the weather outside is frightful but the fire is so delightful....Getting snow here today! Yeah (sorry Angie) I love it this time of year. :love: Call me crazy!

Once again I have delayed in posting....so sorry to be AWOL. I have no more business trips for a month but at the rate my day is going.....:shrug:

Noelle I hope you have fun at The Hard Rock Cafe and that Michael does too! and that you get some rest. I received your Christmas card - Thank you!!!!!!!!

Angie I hope it is not too terrible up in Maine. Are the kids excited for the holiday?

Cal I hope you have a quick week until the 17th where then you have VACATION!

Kempy how is the salon business going? When do you leave for California?

Cherie hot chocolate and Bailey's is the best and hard to resist. WTG on passing the bagels up! How are your girls?

Julie you dream in cheescake? I dream in tiramisu! :devil:

Gen you are such a source of inspiration reading your posts. I hope you know that.

I went to the Docs the other day. My blood work is great but I went up in weight even though I am exercising and watching what I eat. :mad: The doc thinks stress could be compunding all this for me. What do you all think? wits end I tell ya!

Well work is a :censored: todaybut I must get back. Holiday greetings to all!

Quote:
Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it. -Oprah Winfrey

be well. be merry! :D

;) Summer ;)

angieME
12-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Noelle, I got my gift from you today. Thank you very much. The pics are so beautiful. I am jealous. :lol: Jay loved the volcano one because he loves volcanos. :lol:

I have got to clean my house tonight. YUCK!

Kempyd
12-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Hey guys. I hate that I can only get on here in the evenings now. But, I will take this over working in the gym any day.

Angie I got your gift today. Joe and I were just saying that we wanted pancakes Sunday morning. I am going to use yours, it looks sooooooo good. I loved those mice cookies. They were pretty fun to eat. I don't think I let Joe have any of them either.

Cherie we are leaving on the 22nd. It is fun but we really don't get out to sight see very much. We are mainly there to see family. I think Joe wants to head down to Mexico but I think I want to skip that trip. It is so sad seeing all of the poverty down there and it is so close to the states.

Noelle I want to see picks of Micheal and Santa. I bet it was so cute. We don't get Santa in any good places down here. Our grocersy store has him on the weekends but I never think about getting there to take a pic with him.

Summer it is good to see you post even if it has been awhile. We are getting some cold weather too. At least for down here. It is supposed to be around 39 tonight. I have to wash the dogs so that they can stay inside. They are stinky little things.

I need to go ahead and get that done so that I can eat dinner. I think I am going to try and post a little later too. I hope to see a few more posts by then.

angieME
12-10-2004, 07:27 PM
oh Kempy, I am so glad that it arrived in good shape. I have been nervous sending glass out because I figured it would get knocked around. I have never had it myself so I bought a bottle for myself for Christmas in Florida. In the spring they do an open house whaere they make tons of different samples. I will be going next year to try some.The guy who makes it has a websight to links to areas around my house too if you guys are interested in looking at the woods and trees. :lol:

Corey is helping me clean the house tonight and Brit has already been sent to bed for being a mouthy little brat. :lol: She is so mouthy I cant stand it. I love my kids but I will be so happy when they grow up and stop arguing with us over the stupidest little things. haha

My Mom loves her kitten. Dad says she is a pain in the butt which means he loves her even more than mom does. :lol: Every cat we ever had has loved him the best. We had a snowshoe siamese while I was growing up and they said if they ever got divorced they would fight over who got the cat and force the other to take the kids. :lol: He died when he was 19. It was so hard on them both. If I could find a snowshoe in my areaq I would get one in a heartbeat. They are beautiful.

Jay has been downloading different routes into the gps for the trip so I think we are almost ready. I am so excited I cant stand it.

jbbm
12-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Good Evening girls

Had kind of a hectic day. Oh well its Friday right? Angie I wish I was on your way to Florida you could take me away! haha....I need a vacation so bad.

Angie I hope you have a good time tomorrow. I bet everyone will enjoy themselves. I'm glad Corey is helping you out. How sweet.

Summer nice to see you. You can have my snow! Ours melted, but there will be more. Sounds like we both have a sweet tooth.

Kempy, I know what you mean about seeing people in poverty, on my honeymoon in Jamacia we had to drive on a bus from the airport to our hotel for about 45 minutes to an hour and there were so many poor people there, and all the sudden we reached our resort and there were gates and they opened up and there was beautiful gardens and a beautiful hotel.

Cherie sorry your lunch date got cancelled. Darn. I hope you have a great weekend though.

Cal it sounds like the kids get more time off there. My ds has school until the 23rd.

Noelle I hope Michael had a good day at his field trip. Did he eat his lunch you worked so hard to make so early in the morning :coffee:? Any fun plans for this weekend?

Well girls, I am one tired lady. I hope to post this weekend. Everyone have fun this weekend. Bye for now. Julie

calnative
12-10-2004, 10:57 PM
Just enough time to post a few words before heading to bed. Our 7th graders had a dance tonight and I got home only about 30 minutes ago. What a long day.

Angie: I got your package today. Thank you so much. It was really nice. I love the shape of the jar. If it's ok, I'd love to have your phone number; it would be so nice to call you to thank you properly.

Noelle: I got your card and calender yesterday. The pics are beautiful. Ashley loved the volcano and said she doesn't want to go there. :lol:

Kempy: I would love to have a phone number to call you. I might be able to go to Calif while you are there and maybe we could meet. If I remember, you will be near Oceanside??

Hello to everyone else. Have a wonderful weekend.

Cal

Gennel
12-10-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm very pleased so far with my loss of 12 lbs in 5 weeks. This is soooo deja vu...spelling ? lol It's true about the Lean Cuisines. Depends on which ones you pick. Some have very little food in them. As far as the pasta dishes go ,they are enough for me. When the meal has too little meat what I do is cut lettuce in thin strips about 1 1/2 cups and use fatfree Catalina dressing. That is the only fatfree dressing that I actually like!!! I really have to push the water drinking thing. I've only been drinking about 5 glasses of water a day.I dont know why I'm not depressed about having to do this again lol. I just know I have to do it so I can be healthy.
The only way I could describe losing weight again is like this ...
You know when you've gotten so drunk that you actually think God is hearing you when you say " Oh God Please just make this go away and I promise I wont do it again !" lol lol One thing that I do every week is have a "Eat what I want Day" I either pick Mcdonald's meals or Chinese or Papa John's
I was feeling guilty as I ate a Big n Tasty/fries and soda at Mcdonald's earlier this week ,breakfast eggs,toast and bacon. I still lost 2 lbs so it does work. I see that it works and I still cant believe it! lol That is what keeps me sane frome the dreaded word "diet" I have not mentioned my dieting again to anyone . My husband knows and is very supportive. I cook regular meals for my family and I heat up my LC and eat dinner with them.Some meals I just cant sit with them ! Like when Pizza is ordered.lol

night ladies!
Gen

Kempyd
12-11-2004, 10:03 AM
WOW Gen, that is all I can say. I am still fighting with 3 lbs and you have dropped 12. Maybe I need to do the LC thing too. I guess I need to find that space where it doens't matter what is going on. I just need to lose this weight. You are a great motivation around here. How is your house going? Is eveything the way that you want it? I know that Joe and I have been here for 3 years and we are still making changes to it. It seems to never end.

Cal I have no idea where Oceanside is. We are going to San Clemente. Is that close? Maybe we could go have In & Out burger. YUMMY!!!! We love that place. It is the first place we hit when we get off of the plane.

Anige I wish we were leaving on the 17th. I have to wait for another week. I am going to miss you around here when you are gone. You guys are going to be gone for 2 weeks right? I bet that is going to be a blast!

Julie do you have all of your Christmas done? How have you been feeling latly? I seem to be doing a little better. I hate the time change though. When it gets dark I just seem to shut down. I seem to need to sun to function. I guess that explains my tattoo. :D (it is a sun)

Noelle how was the field trip? Did you get to go with him? My sister is having her 40th b-day party today and it is a Hawaiian theme. I am bringing the CD you sent. That was perfect timing. I am going to gets some pics of all of us dressed up. She got mad at me when i told her that I had a friend in Hawaii. She said that we could have been calling you to see what to do to make it real. You would have been our party planner. I think she will do a good job anyway.

I need to go eat something. If I don't chat anymore today I hope you all have a great Saturday.

jbbm
12-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Good Morning Girls

Kempy I am feeling pretty good lately. I also too, just hate how dark it gets now. And I miss sitting out in the sun, even for fifteen minutes in shorts and a tank top! I need the sun too. I told my husband a couple weeks ago I want to live somewhere warm when the kids are grown and older in the winter. Your party sounds fun today, have a great time. Aloha :lol:! I have a few more things to buy. Something for my sil, I am really stumped on what to get her. Probally some kind of jewerly.

Cal that is funny you mention Oceanside, when I was in high school I went there to visit a friend who had moved there. I love the San Diego area. It is so beautiful. I hope to go back there someday. I probally will go to Ca. again but it will be northern because that is where my brother lives. How is your husband's new job working out? I hope everything is going well.

Angie eat some cheesecake for me today! Have fun girl.

Gen congrats on the loss again. You are moving right along.

Cherie do you have your girls this weekend? Are they getting excited about Christmas? If you went for your kolaches this morning I hope you enjoyed them :).

Noelle thank you very much! You are so sweet. I can't wait until the day when we can all meet up. We will be like a bunch of high school girls again! Do you have any special plans for your birthday?

Well girls I have to get going. I want to get some cleaning done today. Fun fun :lol:, good excercise though, I have to find the postives! Julie

jbbm
12-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Noelle, I can't get over the beautiful pictures from your gift. I will think of you everytime I look at it. My kids loved looking at the waterfalls. Julie :).

melekalikimaka
12-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Happy Sunday ladies. I'm up bright and early just like a work day. We went out last night to try and see a Christmas boat parade but we missed it by half-an-hour :(. The newspaper listed the wrong time. Michael was bummed but we took him shopping at the mall and that perked him up. While there, I bumped into two of my former co-workers (guy and gal) from my last job. They work at the Big Island branch and we only met once before at a Christmas party. I recognized the guy since he's a little goofy looking, but it was great seeing them. He told me the latest gossip, but I have to call them to get back into the loop :lol:.

Kempy, how was your sister's b-day party? I wish I had known sooner, I would've sent some real flower lei at least. I would've been happy to help w/hawaiian party tips. Maybe another time? I think I will put a CD together of my favorite Hawaiian music and send it to all of you.

Cal phoned me yesterday but I left my cell at home, sorry Cal! Her message was that her computer is being worked on this weekend and she won't get it back til Monday so hello to all :wave: And Cal, tell Ashley I don't blame her for not wanting to visit the volcano. It's really beautiful but smells like sulphur (farts :rofl: )

Julie, you're welcome. Like I said, nothing big, but I thought you'd enjoy the sights :) I didn't get to go on the field trip but Michael said the trip "wasn't fine" because "we only had a donut and some fruit in a real small bowl" :lol:. I guess Santa was having a Continental breakfast :lol: I'll try and post his Santa pic tomorrow. Almost forgot! On Friday, our #2 ranked U of HI Rainbow Wahine volleyball team almost got trounced by the #14th ranked UW Badgers. We lost the first 2 games badly, then came back and won the 3rd and 4th. It was a super close 5th game, but the Badgers pulled it out and won :(. But then, I read they lost to #6 ranked Stanford :lol: so justice is served :p. V-ball is a big thing here in HI. I thought of you as I watched the game.

Angie, how was your party? You're so lucky your vacation is coming right up. I have to let you know we made the pancakes yesterday. Sooooo light and fluffy and delicious. The whole family enjoyed. I love that slight hint of cinnamon. Thank you very much :eating2:

Cherie how are you enjoying your weekend? Hope you get a chance to relax.

Gen, :bravo: You will usher in the New Year with a reclaimed svelte bod. You are doing awesome and inspire me to put down the cheetos ;)

Summer, yeah to no more business trips! You know, I believe that stress theory about not losing weight easily. Something about Cortisol levels causing you to not process your carbs/fats properly. Maybe now that you have more time at home instead of traveling, your body will get back into the groove. Enjoy your snow. Does Fenway like it?

Why is it that some people are so easy to buy for and it's so hard to choose for others? I went shopping twice yesterday and bought two things for one sister. My other sister above her, I can't think of what to get her. Darn it, I have 6 of them to buy for and 2 of them are stumping me. I think it's because they are more critical of their gifts (them ungrateful b*tches :lol: )
Anyway, I think I've rambled quite enough for now. I'll be back later to see what's going on. Have a great Sunday!

jbbm
12-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Hey girls

Noelle 14 days!! Wow I can't believe it. But I feel it coming. We baked and frosted Christmas cookies with the kids today, got a ham in the oven and it smells like Christmas! LOL! Sorry we beat ya at Volleyball. I bet it is a huge sport there with all the beaches. Its hockey and football here! That reminds me the Packers are coming on in a couple of minutes. That is so cute what Michael said, "it wasn't fine". Don't you wish they could stay innocent and say cute things like they do now forever :). Its so funny hearing you talk about your sisters! I bet you all have a blast together.

Angie yeah, woohoo, I love your gift. And it made it so don't worry. It came late yesterday. We often have pancakes for supper. The jar is so beautiful too. We will make them soon for sure! I am even thinking about having my brother over for a brunch and making the pancakes then. He is coming in from CA this weekend. I hope you had fun yesterday. Did you make any of your famous margaritas, is that why you are not here today, just joking with ya :lol:.

Kempy I hope your party was fun too! And I hope you had a tropical drink for me!

Well I am going to go check on my ham. It smells so darn good. Just what I need a huge honkin piece of salty meat and sweet frosted x-mas cookies during pms week :lol:. Thats all right I just ate my ds's leftover cookie and had some milk with it. And it hit the spot! Well dh took the kids to the store quick to pick up some gift certificates. It is a huge upscale store that has tons of beautiful different christmas scenes set up, I am sure they will love looking at that, hopefully they don't break anything :lol:. Yesterday I went to our post office to drop off some mail, just the drive through boxes and there was a man dressed as Santa taking the mail. I had to laugh! Too bad the kids were not with me he was giving out candy but they were at Grandma's. Well going go get some cleaning done and make dinner. Check back later. Julie
Hi Cal, Summer, Cherie, Gen, and Holly

jbbm
12-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Angie I just had an idea, I could make a glaze for my ham out of the syrup ;). The jar is so pretty though, I might save it for the pancakes.

angieME
12-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Julie, Here is the link to the guy that made yopur syrup and he has a recipes section on it that does have a Ham glaze/ :lol: I want to make the popcorn myself because my neighbor usually makes it every Christmas and it is SOOOOO good!!

DUH!!!! It might be nice if I put the link in Huh? :lol: :lol:
http://www.mainemaplesyrup.com/

angieME
12-12-2004, 05:14 PM
okay so I finally have a minute to post. I am glad everybody got their gifts all in one piece. I was nervous about sending them out. :lol: I hope you all enjoy it. I am making some for Christmas morning for us. My Mom brought over a ton of gifts to take to Florida so under my bed in the RV is completely full of presents. I feel so umprepared this year. I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to remember it all. :lol: I have to go grocery shopping this week so we have some food in the RV and I think me and Jay are going out to eat at Bugaboo Creek. YUM!! Theie spring chicken is to die for.

The party was so much fun. Dad and Jay fried the turkey and being typical men they took it out to early and they got to eat while we had to bake the rest of it inside for us. :lol: I will not risk Salmonella again. :lol: We all watched Christmas Vacation and laughed our asses off. Mom AND Wendy brought over their kittens for the day. Rebel loved that.We all exchanged gifts and just had fun. My sister bought Clyde(my Moms best friend and our second MOM. :lol: ) a massager shaped like a bug and it said on the box a BUG Massager. :lol: :rofl: Poor Clyde almost died laughing. She couldnt even look at us for about ten minutes. hahaha

Well, I had better go cook some supper.

PhotogirlTX
12-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Good Morning Everyone! Sorry I didn't post over the weekend, It's not like I went anywhere :-) From the time I picked up the girls on Friday, til this morning, I was at home. And I DIDN'T do any treadmill work. That kinda sucks.. but I did manage to eat OK I think.

Kempy, I got your package on Friday and it was wonderful! I love it! I can get that kind of spice here... or at least I think I can. I've gotten it in the past, so I don't remember if I was living in Texas or here! :D But Thank you.. it's great! And I hung the tile up next to another slate tile I have in my kitchen of a scene from Bourbon Street, so it goes perfectly!! Did you know the two pictures I have hanging in my living room are ones I bought in New Orleans... poster images of paintings about the food and music. I just LOVE NOLA!!!!!!

Angie.. your party sounded like fun! I am so glad things turned out well for you!

Julie.... Your ham sounded delicious too!!! YUM! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend too!

Noelle sorry about missing the parade... that would have been so much fun to watch. The girls and I were watching Mircle on 34th Street this weekend, and I told Hannah that when it started it was a Christmas Movie.. well, the movie starts out with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and she kept hounding me, BUT MOM.. I THOUGHT YOU SAID IT WAS A CHRISTMAS MOVIE.... It's NOT, it's THANKSGIVING. I tried to explain to her that the Thanksgiving Day Parade kicks off the Christmas season and that is where you see Santa for the first time in the season... she didn't get it... I guess I need to sit down with her NEXT year and watch the parade with her. They have never seen one.

Kempy, Have a blast in San Clementie. It's beautiful. I ate breakfast there on a sidewalk cafe the last time I went there... it's just gorgeous. What a way to spend the holidays!

Genie.. CONGRATS on the weight loss! You are doing fantastic! I am trying to stay OP but I keep NOT exercising. I am trying though.. and this time I know it's coming off.. just taking my time instead of rushing myself.

Cal I hope you got your computer all fixed! We miss ya!

OK Ladies... time for me to get back to work! I hope you have a great day!

Cherie

Kempyd
12-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Hey guys. I came home early from work today b/c no one was busy. I wasn't about to sit up there and look at everyone when i knew that I had things to do at home. I need to run outside and get my plants taken care of b4 tonight. It is supposed to freeze and I don't want to lose them.

Cherie you are more than welcome. I like NO too. I don't live in the city so I think I can deal with it better than the people who live there. I can get out when I have had enough. :D

Angie I loved the syrup. I couldn't stop eating it on the pancakes. I think I might have to order some once this is gone. It is so light. So this week is the vacation week right? Are you able to sleep? I usually can't sleep right b4 we go somewhere. It is usually b/c I pack the night b4 we leave so all night I think about the things I might be forgeting. Of course I never do forget anything but my brain still races.

Julie we had a great time at my sisters party. It is funny though b/c it has been warm for weeks and then her tropical party is freezing. We all had on coats and gloves. I did take some pictures so once i finish the roll I will post them.

I need to run get the plants done but I will try to get back on later tonight.

melekalikimaka
12-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Good morning ladies, I'm having a slow start and it's nearly lunch time but, I'm here. I helped my sister make photo Christmas cards for her and a friend yesterday, took us darn near 4 hours to format and print all of them but it was well worth it. They came out beautifully. I should start a business designing and printing easy stuff like that. It's what I do while I should be working anyway :s:.

Kempy, I'm jealous that you're already at home. I don't blame you for leaving if it was slow. See how great working for yourself can be? ;) Oh man, I love NO too!!! I want to come back and visit some day. I want to eat a po'boy right now. :ink: Sorry your tropical party was cold, but glad you had a good time anyway. We've been kind of cold here in the mornings too, like 60-65, that's COLD for us.

Cherie, I know what you mean. Kids are so literal. Everything has to be black or white at that age :lol:. Wouldn't it be great if we could all meet up in New York for the Macy's t-day parade? Imagine that!

Angie, oh no, undercooked turkey is scary. Glad it turned out well though, you sound like you had a crazy good time. I got to watch party of the Christmas Vacation movie last night, where he got locked in the attic, then went racing down the hill on that sled....then it was past my bedtime :tired: Funny as heck though.

Julie, I can just imagine that warm ham cooking. Yum! That is nice that your brother and new sis-in-law are visiting you this year. I'm sure you will have a fun time and some stories to tell us later on. While driving to the mall the other night, there was a Jingle Bell run, a walk/run where people dress up and can bring their animals. We saw a cute golden retriever some how dyed green, wearing a Santa hat and a beard–he was dressed as the Grinch. It was so funny.

Cal, hope your computer is bug-free now. It's really bad when you can't use it how you want. It makes you realize just how dependent we've become on those things, huh? Enjoy your countdown week. It's almost vacation, hope the kids are behaving for ya. So do you think you'll be able to meet up w/Kempy? That would be neat.

Hello to Summer, Gen and everyone else. Have a great day.

angieME
12-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Hi. Kempy, I got your gift today. Thank you very much. I loved it. I am going to try to get my hands on some alligator meat and try the szechuan alligator. YUM!! Have you ever had it? I am also taking my gator ornament to Florida. :lol: I will have to try to find a Moose santa for you guys next year because I got a Hawaiian Santa from Noelle last year(who is always on the fridge and now a cajun santa.

Cherie, Have you gotten your package from me yet? They are definately screwy with the mail this year. :lol: I am glad you had a relaxing weekend. That must have been nice.

Noelle, Tomorrow is the big day. Do you have anything fun planned? I wished we could all get together to celebrate our birthdays.

jbbm
12-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Good Evening Girls

It sounds like everyone is doing good today. I have been watching tv coverage on the Scott Peterson case. He got the death sentence if anyone has not heard all ready. What a whole sad story. I feel so bad for both families. Nobody wins in that situation. Had some bean enchiladas tonight. Still hungry, this pms is going to be a challenge this week :lol:. Well girls feeling kind of tired, sorry not to get personal right now. Will talk later. Take care girls. Julie

jbbm
12-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Angie thanks so much for that website btw, I can't wait to try some of those recipes. I didn't get to make the glaze, darn it. It was to late and the ham was done. Oh well now I can enjoy it on the pancakes and I would love to use the sweet potatoe recipe.

lexus420sc
12-13-2004, 08:09 PM
I am new to all of this, but I find it rather interesting. I believe that once I figure out how to really find my way around this, I will find it helpful for me. If there is someone out there that can help me find my way around this, that would be great.

calnative
12-13-2004, 10:43 PM
I'm Baaaaacckk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine knows computers inside and out. Her son works for Comp USA and he took out the hard drive and reformatted everything. This computer is like brand new again. I love it!!

The weather can't decide between spring and summer now. Last week we had highs in the 50's and now it in the mid 70's. It's supposed to be back to the 60's this weekend.

Only 4 more days. :cb: :hat: :dance: I can't wait.

Kempy: I got your gift. My sis in TX said she buys that seasoning all the time and puts it on everything. She said she could never cook without it again. Thank you so much. Let me know when you'll be in Calif. I just may be able to swing a trip over. San Clemente is just a little farther than Anaheim--about 4-5 hours from where I live.

Angie: I got your package as well. Thank you so much. I told hubby that the jar is so beautiful that I don't know if I want to open it. :) Thank you again.
Have fun on your trip. When do you leave again?

Noelle: I guess our weather is about the same as your's. I'll bet Michael is getting so excited. Thank you for looking for a snowglobe for me. I wanted to tell you that when I was in Alaska I looked everywhere for a snowglobe and the only place I found one was at the airport. I even tried 2 Walmarts; figured if anybody had them it would be Walmart. Wrongo!! Thank you for posting the message from me. Sorry I missed you, though.

Hello to everyone else. I'm heading to bed. Can't wait until Friday.

Cal

jbbm
12-14-2004, 11:03 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOELLE!!!! :hb: :T :hb: :gift: :hat: :grouphug: :cheers:I hope you have a wonderful day today! You are a special lady who deserves a special day, I hope all things go your way today!

Welcome back Cal....I am glad you got your computer fixed!

Cherie how is your week going so far. I bet busy before the holidays.

Angie and Kempy I am glad you had fun at your party's.

Well girls I will check back later to see whats up! I kept my ds home from school today because he was getting stuffed up last night, and at four this a.m. he said his whole body hurt. Great, his Christmas concert is early next week I just hope he is better by then. I will have to baby him today ;). Julie

angieME
12-14-2004, 11:17 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOELLE!!! :gift: :balloons: :hat: :hb:

I hope you have a great day and get everything you want. Are ya going to skip work? :s:

Cal, You sound as excited as me for vacation. :lol: I am glad you got your puter all fixed. I think I still need some stuff done to mine since I cant send out emails because my Norton intercepts it. I am too lazy to just get it done. :lol:

Julie, I hope your son feels better. Brit has been coming down with a cold so she should be a joy for the drive. :lol:

angieME
12-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Julie, I just checked the mail and you gift made it. Thank you very much. It fits perfectly too by the way. ;) I already know what I will get with it. When we were there last year there was a crystal palm tree on a mirror. I never got it and when we got home I wished that I had so now I am getting it. THANK YOU!! You are a great friend. And yes, I cant wait unti we all get together and have some fun.

PhotogirlTX
12-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Everyone, I am here.. but not feeling very well... I am currently drinking an "airborne" herbal drink... My eyes are burning.. so I will be back later to chit chat...

Happy Birthday Noelle! I hope you have a great one!

Angie... I wasn't home last night, so I don't know if I got your present or not.. I will keep you posted.. but from the sounds of it, it must be great! Thank you so much for thinking about me!

OK.. everyone.. I'll write more later....

Cherie

jbbm
12-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Angie you are so welcome. I tried to send a gift online but the p.o.box thingy would not let me, something with UPS? Well anyway I hope you get to have some fun with it. Do something special for yourself. The mirror sounds great. And I hope Brit feels better too. Bring some medicine along, maybe she can sleep :lol:! It is hard enough when they are sick at home. Julie

jbbm
12-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Cherie you snuck in on me, I hope you are feeling better soon, hugs. Are you at home today? There is so much going around right now. It never fails one of us gets sick around the holidays! What can you do though? Take care of yourself! Julie

melekalikimaka
12-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Thank you ladies for all your sweet birthday wishes. I feel special :o . My clown-of-a-sister called me at 5:30 a.m. this morning and sang happy birthday to my voice mail. She also left me a gift certificate on the Xmas tree saying "Happy 40th B-day" from your youngest sister. She always tells people that she's the youngest of our family–she's not, she's #5 of 7. She's such a
nut, it's fun.

Julie, I got your gift yesterday and I love it! I always love to try different body washes. I'm a fruity kind of gal :lol:. Thank you! Take care of DS so he can perform beautifully next week. Michael's program is tonight so I hope it doesn't rain, it'll be outdoors under a tent :crossed:.

Cherie, take care of yourself girl. Have some chicken soup and hope you're feeling better real soon. If you're at work, try and skip out early ;)

Angie, I'm not skipping work entirely–that would be like a regular day for me :devil: Michael gets out of school at 11 so maybe we'll go have lunch together then go shopping... I'm not sure if we're going out to dinner or something tomorrow or maybe just save it for the weekend.

Cal, I'm sorry I haven't found the snowglobe yet but I am still looking. I think I will try Hilo Hatties today then as a last resort, the flea market–I'm sure there has to be one somewhere! I am determined to find one anyway. Glad you have your computer in tip-top shape.

Kempy, did you get your plants all taken care of? How cold is it going to get out there? I get all giddy when it's cooler than normal :goodvibes: We're supposed to be getting some monster waves again by tomorrow. Today it's 12-15' but by sunrise tomorrow upwards of 35' – 50'. That's some awesome stuff.

Summer, are you enjoying your time staying put in one place? Don't work to hard.

Gen how's your day going?

Hello lexus420sc :wave: Welcome.

Well ladies, I think I'll make the most of my 2.5 hrs in the office today ;) See you all later.

jbbm
12-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Noelle you are so welcome! I am glad it made it, I have never sent anything to HI before :lol:! That is so funny what your sister did. She sounds like a jokester! Thats gotta be fun. Have a great rest of the day. And Happy Birthday to you, (I am singing it by the way :lol:) hahahaha....Julie

melekalikimaka
12-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Here's a pic of my baby boy--soon to be 6 years old next month. Almost too big to sit on Santa's lap :(

Kempyd
12-14-2004, 05:33 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sorry I couldn't get here sonner. I wanted to make sure that you got the greeting though. I swear Michael is getting cuter everytime I see him.

It is going to be around 24 tonight. BRRRRR!!!! That is really cold for us down here. The dogs are all frisky right now too. They love this weather. The cat on the other hand wont leave me alone. He wants to stay warm.

I can't stay long I just want to say hi. My FIL is on his way over here right now. He and Joe have to fix the tire on the GoDevil. (it is a boat)

PhotogirlTX
12-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Good Evening everyone.... I am home now.. Julie, I was at work earlier, and stayed til it was time to go home... right now, I am just feeling worse. I am starting to run a fever.. so I guess I am finally getting sick this season.

Angie... Thank you for the wonderful present... it was wonderful... the girls loved the little books.. they are still at the table working on them. The syrup looks soooo good. Hannah asked me tonight if we could have BREAKFAST... meaning she wanted pancakes with the syrup.. but I told her no, but that I wouldn't open it without her. So... I know what we will be having on Christmas morning... :-) Thank you!

Julie.. I got your card today... and all I can say is THANK YOU... you made me cry... It was so very thoughtful of you... I don't know what else to say.

I swear all of you women here are the BEST.... you all have touched my life in more ways than I can describe. Hopefully next year I can send you a taste of Oklahoma! :-)

Noelle... Happy Birthday again... I hope you had a perfectly wonderful day! Michael is so very handsome... What a great picture!

Kempy..... I hope you enjoyed being at home.. I was really wanting to do that myself, but I needed to stay at work today.... I have to leave early on Thursday for my annual OBGYN party, and then I have to leave early on Friday for Hannah's Christmas program at her school. She is so excited about it... and she keeps making sure that I will be there.

Cal.... vacation is getting close!!! I can't wait for mine.. two more weeks for me. Glad you are back!!!

Welcome Lexus.... just jump on in!

Well... I am about to go lay down.. I am feeling like my eyes are burning in their sockets.. so that isn't a good sign.... fever is raring up....

I'll talk to you all soon.. I just wanted to come online tonight and tell you all THANK YOU for being such wonder women, and I am so very thankful to call you all my friends!!

(((HUGS)))
Cherie

jbbm
12-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Noelle what a cute picture! He is growing so fast. He sure is a beautiful child. I was meaning to say before I was so excited to send out something to Hawaii and say that I have a friend who lives there! Hope your birthday was a blast!

Cherie you are welcome. I didn't mean to make you cry hon. Please don't think I expect anything from you, but your chatting with us when you can and most importantly your friendship :). You are a strong independent woman who I respect alot, I know single moms don't get the appreciation they deserve, your a hero being one, plus all that has happened with your ex in the last year. I really hope you feel better. Take care and a great big bear hug to you! Btw sorry the writing in the card was so messy, I am a messy handwriter :^:, but even more so when I got kids hanging on me when I am trying to write ;) :dizzy: :lol:.
Julie

jbbm
12-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Kempy wow, 24 degrees! Cuddle with your girls to stay warm! The low here tonight is 14 degrees. I am freezing my butt off. Well I wish it would come off from freezing, but we all know it takes working my butt off :lol:.

I was just thinking how many people are going to be gone during Christmas. I am going to miss everyone so much!! Julie

PhotogirlTX
12-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Good Morning everyone.. I am here at work.. but would rather be home.... Still feeling about 66% :)

Julie... I think I will take the girls to go see Polar Express on Friday. Thanks! Hannah has been begging to go.. so after I go to see her Christmas program at school, I will take them out to the movies.

OK.. back to work here. It's 21 degrees outside and too darn cold... Have a great day!

Cherie

angieME
12-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Good Morning Beautiful ladies!!!

Cherie, I hope you get better real soon. I dont want you to be sick at Christmas. I am glad you liked your gift. I am having the same thing for Christmas morning.

Noelle, Michael is such a cutiepie!!! I agree with Kempy, He does get cuter everytime I see him. :lol: Did you have a fun birthday?

Kempy, I see it is pretty cold down South. How are ya all handling it? Candi loves the cold weather. She was so happy when we got home from Florida last year. She did circles in the snow and laid down in it to roll around. :lol: :lol:

Julie, How is your son doing today? Better I hope. I have my Bleach wipes out and am wiping everything down regularly trying to make sure we dont get it. haha

Cal, Vaca is getting closer. Do you have any plans for your vacation?

I am almost ready to leave. 3 days!!!!! :cheer: I have lots of groceries in the RV and most of our clothes. Now on Friday I can load the rest of the stuff in. On Saturday morning I can put the jugs of water in(I hate the taste of campground water so I bring my own. :lol: ) The only thing making me nervous is that my Mom is leaving my Dad for 2 weeks. She has NEVER done that before so I hope she has fun and doesnt miss him too bad. Tonight I will try and give the pups baths and make them smell all pretty.

I am getting on my diet as soon as I get home. I am so fat feeling that it is uncomfortable. I hope I dont run into the same couple I met last year because I will die of embarrassment if one more person asks me if I am pregnant. Do you think I will fit on the rides? I hope so. I have kinda been stressing on that one too. It is amazing how much I can despise feeling like this but yet I still reach for the chips and take out.

jbbm
12-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Good Morning Girls

Cherie have fun at the movies! We went and saw it too. I know Noelle did too, and we both liked it. It really got my kids in the spirit of Christmas. Have some of that yummy popcorn for me! Hope your feeling better soon.

Angie it sounds like you are so prepared and ready to go. Don't worry about the rides, I think you will be just fine. I hope your Dad does not miss your mom to much. Hopefully she will be able to call him on the phone and see how he is doing, and she can relax and have a great time! My ds is feeling a little better. So hopefully it is just one of those couple of days colds. He did not get up last night calling for me so thats always a good sign. I hear ya on trying to keep things clean so no one else gets sick. I am trying to make sure my ds and dd don't drink out of the same cups, they are always sharing :lol:. Its funny you mention being uncomfortable, last night before bed I was whining to my dh that I am retaining at least 5-10 pounds of water and my boobs what I have :lol:were killing me. TMI. I can't wait for TOM to get here,lol.

Well girls better go. I will check back later to see what is up! Julie

jbbm
12-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Oh forgot to confess, last night made more sugar frosted cookies with the kids, I ate three or four of them :devil:, damn. LOL....

Kempyd
12-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Hey guys. Better late than never right. I really shouldn't be on the puter but I had to show the dogs. We did this to thme last night. Don't they look like the love it. :lol:

Cherie have you ever tried that stuff called Zicam? It is supposed to make you feel better quicker than with out it. Joe has used it b4 and really liked it.

Julie we gave the dogs a bath and let them stay in the house last night. I know they loved it. I feel bad for y plants when it gets that low though. I cover them up but they still burn a little. Oh well, they will come bad slowly. Nothing I can really do about it. Thanks for the gift!!!

Angie you will be fine on the rides. Shame on you for thinking like that. I think you think you are bigger then you are. You look good to me. You know that we are our worse critics. I know I do the same thing. We leave next Wednesday. So, by this time next week we will be in CA. I bet it is going to be hot while we are there too. YUCK!

Ok, I need to scoot, I have family coming for dinner. It is my sisters actual b-day today and I am cooking red beans for 12 people. Thank god it is easy to make. If I can't get back on later i will chat tomorrow.

angieME
12-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Kempy, I love those pics!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They look about as happy as Rebel does in his. hehe Have fun in California.

melekalikimaka
12-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Hi girls, just a quickie. Gotta run and pick up Mikey from school in a few minutes. I've been running around picking up last minute gifts for his 2 teachers. I finally selected 2 beautiful orchid plants, one a deep deep violet color and the other a lighter shade of lavender w/yellow--so pretty! I'd love to keep them for myself but I know they'd just wither away and die :(. I also got them some sparkling cider wrapped up in pretty tissue paper. Michael got busted yesterday for not listening and playing around during music rehearsal so he could not play any video games for the day when he got home. The Xmas program was fun--a little lacking in the sound system, but it was a low budget production. He actually sang and danced this time :cb: It was so cute.

Kempy, those girls are so cute. I love those candy canes and colored lights. They look like they're saying "mom, how could you do this to us?!?!!" :lol: So adorable!

Angie, you will be fine on the rides, trust me--I was. And I'm probably bigger than you right now so relax! I'm getting excited for you :goodvibes:. Mom will be fine and dad will be fine. Who knows, maybe next year you can take both of them along :lol:. Have a great time!!!

Cherie, i feel for you girl. Get better real soon and have fun at the movies. It was a nice movie. Sheesh, 21 degrees? *brrrrrrrr*** too cold for me!

Julie, glad to hear your boy is doing better. You are always so good at giving your little ones lots of TLC. Yup, that TOM is coming up for ya, mine is on it's way out :lol:.

Oh my husband is still a romantic. He sent me a dozen roses and a few white lillies yesterday at work. Then the silly man brought home--get this--a half sheet cake. WTF am I going to do with a 1/2 sheet cake???? We didn't even have a chance to eat it. Maybe I can find someone who's b-day is today and give it away? Well, gotta run right now. Be back later. have a great day all!

jbbm
12-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Kempy those pictures are just so adorable! What a bunch of cuties. I just want to hug them and scratch behind those ears! Good luck tonight on your dinner party. I bet you are such an awesome hostess. You are so welcome for your gift.

Noelle I am glad your little ones concert went well. The orchid plants sound so beautiful. Yeah for Michael btw for dancing and singing, I am crossing my fingers my boy sings for his! And that was so romantic of dh to get you the flowers, how sweet! About the half sheet of cake, I'll pay for the shipping to get it here, lol, I am craving sweets....well food in general :lol:. You should enjoy a piece though, it is your birthday after all. I know though once you have a piece, I anyway would want to eat the whole darn thing. Just like with the cookies last night I could not stop at one. I think your dh had his heart in the right place when he bought it for ya ;).

Check back after dinner tonight probally! Who in the heck knows what it is going to be though. Something spicy, salty and sweet. That makes me think maybe I could make it to Kemp's for supper and then fly my butt out to HI to have a piece of cake from Noelle....in my dreams :lol:!! Julie

jbbm
12-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Well girls....I think I am going to sign off for the night. My throat is starting to hurt. I hope I am not getting sick now. Yuck, I have to much to do, LOL. I hope everyone has a good nights rest! Everyone have a great Thursday. Julie

calnative
12-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Only 2 more days!!! :cb: :hat: :dance:
Tomorrow my kiddos are reading their books to the 2nd graders. They have spent the last 2 1/2 weeks making picture books with word pairs (double trouble, mish mash, hinky dinky, etc) and having a blast; they knew they would be reading their books to 2nd grade and they're really excited. The 2nd graders are as well. I figure it gets them out of my classroom for a couple of hours. I have 3 classes and 2 will be reading; the other one read on Monday.

Today was a 1/2 day (every Wed) and we usually have meetings, but today they gave us the entire afternoon to work in our rooms and get report cards done. That was especially great for me because my grades were done and entered in the computer last night. :D I had a very relaxing afternoon.

I took Ashley to Target tonight to get a gift for her teacher. We found a jar with the makings for creamy chicken noodle soup. I think she'll like it and Ashley loved it for her.

Angie: I don't really have any plans for vacation. We are thinking about going up to Flagstaff for a couple of days so Ashley can see and play in the snow. Isn't it funny, you're going somewhere to get away from snow and we're trying to find a way to go to it. :dizzy: :lol: Have a great trip. If you happen to find a snowglobe in Florida I'd like to have one for my niece. ;) I know, I know; I have snowglobes on the brain. :lol: My cousin lives in Tampa and she's been trying to get us to go for a visit. It would be great if we could go now. You're going to have a great visit. Don't worry about anything; you are beautiful inside and out!!

Kempy: Exactly what days will you be in CA? My sis is thinking about driving over here Wed or Thurs of next week. If so, I might go over there on Monday and drive back with her. If I'm going to be there at the same time as you, we could definitely meet up. I don't mind In N Out Burger at all and will gladly go with you. My sis likes it there as well. My sis in TX also likes it and Bert (in CA) will call her when she's there and tease her. :devil: I'm going to PM you with my phone number and if you're able to call long distance we could exchange numbers. The pics of your girls were great; I loved them!

Noelle: I'll try to call again this weekend just to say Hi. Great about Michael singing and dancing. What a cutie he is.

Julie: Keep warm!! It's supposed to be in the 70's here for the next several days. I'll send some sunshine to you. :sunny: :sunny:

Cherie: Take care of yourself. Have a great time at the movies. I'm taking Ashley on Sat or next Mon to see "Polar Express". She wants to see the "Incredibles" AGAIN, but we'll see. I have to admit, it was a fun movie.

Hello to everyone else. Take care and have a great evening.

Cal

angieME
12-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Good Morning. Noelle, I am happy that Michael sang and danced at his program. Mine never would. :lol: I agree with Julie, I would take some of that cake. Maybe we should all come to your house. :lol:

Julie, Does your throat still hurt. I hate that. Nothing more annoying than getting a bad nights sleep. Rest up girl.

Cal, There is plenty of snow here. :lol: I was hoping it wouldnt snow until we got back because last year we couldnt get up the hill in the RV and had to leave it at the bottom in the mill parking lot and walk up to get home. That was fun I tell ya. :lol: We have sanded the driveway good this year so hopefully we can get all the way home. I will look for a snowglobe for you too.

Kempy, I got my dogs bathed last night. That is always so much fun. :lol: Today I got Candi all brushed out so she is pretty as ever now.

Cherie, How are you feeling today.

jbbm
12-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Hi girls just a quickie from me before dinner....

Cal thanks for sending me some sun, I hope it gets here soon, I drove my son to school in the snow today ;), faster, faster :lol:.

Angie its weird my throat is feeling better. I think before my period every month my body goes wacko! Did you book our flight Angie to go to Noelle's so we can eat her cake :lol:, lmao!! Just kidding ya Noelle!!

Well Hello to EVERYONE!! Gotta go make supper, so healthy tonight, NOT, hot dogs, chips and macaroni and cheese! I am trying to talk my husband into brownies tonight. I am so bad I know :devil: :lol:! Check back later. Julie

jbbm
12-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Oh I wanted to tell you girls I almost got in an accident today. I had dropped my son off at school and came home fed my dd and then we had to run and get my ds presents for his teachers. Well I was about almost a 100 feet or so with my blinker on to turn into the store and this huge Cadilac Escalade(sp?) anyway a brand new honkin expensive SUV cuts me off, I had to slam on my brakes, everything in my car flew forward, my dd in her carseat, me without my seatbelt on :^:, and I probally skidded about 25 feet, well anyway she was going to the same store and I got out of my car and she bent her seat back and hid from me. I was just shaking. She could of at least apologized. People are freakin crazy this time of year. Sorry to rant, okay really got to go now! Julie

angieME
12-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Julie, I am glad you guys are okay. I hate it when people screw around especially with slick roads. I made terriyaki chicken,baked potatoes and corn for supper. That is my favorite meal that I cook at home. I made some to take with me too. :lol: Tomorrow is my last day of work. :cheer: I have to work early in the day so that Jay can get everything delivered and send the kids to their dance and get to bed early.

PhotogirlTX
12-16-2004, 06:04 PM
~Cough Cough, Hack Hack~

That is me today. What is worse than being sick with the flu/cold thingie ???? Being sick with the flu/cold thingie and your youngest daughter wakes you up in the middle of the night and has thrown up all over herself and her bed. And continues all night long to throw up. :-( Needless to say, that is what I've been doing today.. taking care of her. I had to go into work earlier to get my laptop so I could work some.... but she seems to be getting better. She finally has kept down her lunch, and right now she is acting like she feels better... I am still coughing. I hate being sick.

Julie.... sorry about your accident scare... thank goodness she didn't hit you. That would have been terrible. I am so glad you and your daughter are OK!!!!

Wow Angie... your trip starts this weekend!!! I didn't even realize it was that soon! Have a BLAST!!! And I will help motivate you once you come back.. I think we need a New Year's challenge to get us all back on track. Maybe Julie and I won't be sick, we will have the holiday temptations over with.. and we can start to get serious about our health.

OK.. well, I need to make these girls some dinner... I think it's going to be an early night for all of us. Talk to you soon!

Cherie

jbbm
12-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Oh Cherie you poor thing, it is hard enough to take care of yourself when you are sick let alone another person. And that is just one of the worst is when they throw up in the middle of the night and all over the bedding. I feel for you. I have been there, it is tough, but I am glad she is starting to hold down food now. Hopefully you all can get some rest. I know how exhausted you must be. Hugs and I hope you and your little one feels better soon, hopefully your other daughter won't catch it.

Angie I think you know how it is, everyone, every winter has to re-learn how to drive in snow! haha....your dinner sounds good, boy I am going to miss you and everyone that is vacationing over the holidays. It will be pretty lonely. WOOHOO I am so happy :Dfor you that tomorrow is your last day of work though! I hope your whole family has a fun, great, and safe time!
Julie

jbbm
12-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Btw I did talk dh into making the brownies tonight :devil: :lol:, Bad Girl....I know! I was doing so good for so long. But since Thanksgiving it been down-hill and a struggle. Maybe after the 1st of the year I will get butt in gear!

melekalikimaka
12-16-2004, 11:50 PM
Hey girls, just winding down my day. I think I got almost all of my Xmas shopping done--for my side of the family anyway. Rick can buy stuff for his brothers & sisters by himself :p. While we were shopping at the Navy Exchange a woman got caught shoplifting (I guess) and was being escorted out of the store by 2 MP's in handcuffs. Michael was saying, 'what did she steal? how come she's stealing?' I was rather embarrassed but it was a legitimate question right? :lol: Oh man, I wish you guys could come over and have some cake with me :( I ate a piece after dinner today--the middle of it is chocolate mousse! I put what could fit in a tupperware container and threw the rest out, otherwise, I'd be eating it for days--and I would too :ink:

Julie, girl I'm so relieved you and dd are OK. The nerve of some people, especially with a such a huge road hog. :grouphug: If it were me i would've been so PO'd I would've confronted the other driver, but that's just me *roaaarrrrrr!!!!* She should have at least apologized and came over to see if you guys were ok. Thank God you were! That must've been so scary for you.

Cherie, so sorry to hear about you and your little girl. Sending you all healing vibes to feel much much better tomorrow so you can enjoy the Xmas program and the movie.

Angie, are you guys visiting Disney World? No matter where you go I wish I was going with you. You are going to have so much fun. Don't work too hard tomorrow and don't forget to say bye! ;) We will miss you. Take lots of pictures!

Cal for the life of me I can't seem to find a snow/water globe that says Hawaii! I don't know why! I am still looking though, so even if it gets there after Xmas I'm still hoping to find one. Enjoy your final day of school tomorrow.

Kempy, how was your day at work today? Any word on the lead from the other customer? Her co-workers?

My best girlfriend from Seattle called me yesterday to wish me a belated happy b-day. She and I must've talked for well over an hour. She's thinking of moving back here next spring. If she does then maybe I'll have an exercise partner. :tread:

Summer! Are you enjoying your snow? :sman: :snf: I just love that they brought these guys back :lol:

Anyway, I've got to grab a shower then maybe Rick will drag me out shopping again. Have a good night ladies, talk with you all tomorrow.

jbbm
12-17-2004, 10:44 AM
Just a quick Good Morning from me right now....I will check back!
I just drank a hot cup of tea to warm my bones up. Be back later. Julie

jbbm
12-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi girls I am back....

Angie are you crazy busy today getting ready for tomorrow? Going to miss you soooo much! Are you going to Disney this time? I love it there.

Kempy how has work been? I bet everyone loved your beans! Beans are healthy too!

Noelle that would be great for you if your best friend moved back by you. It is always easier to excercise with a buddy. In fact I am trying to talk my kids into playing some music and dancing to get some excercise in. To cold for a walk, it is only sixteen degrees. I know you are a Motley Crue fan, well I admit it so are we! My husband really loves them. Well did you know they are doing a one time tour? One of our local radio station is having everyone write a petition on their website to get them to come to our city. If we were all going to vegas in March thats when they are going to be there :lol:! I told my husband I would feel to old :lol:! The eighties....the good ole days, huh? Haha. How cute and innocent of Michael to ask about that lady. Things are hard to explain to them sometimes. My dd asked me how I got her in my stomach :dizzy:, right now she is three I just said, God put you there honey!

Hope you and your girls are feeling better Cherie!

Well I am having a second cup of tea. I am really about thinking about going to see the naturalpath doctor after the 1st of the year and get a massage and some supplements, she even holds classes. Well now dd is hungry gotta run, hi everyone!

GEMonster
12-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Ho! Ho! Ho!:merry: merry Christmas! and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO NOELLE! :balloons:

It is cold up here - but I love this time of year! I am enjoying the snow :D and so is Fenway. For me it must be a White Christmas! I like the winter - but I wish it would leave in March. I am a snow baby - :eek: crazy, I know.

Angie travel safely tomorrow! and have a very Merry Christmas in Florida!

Cherie I hope you and your dear daughter feel better soon. Tea and honey, toast and ginger ale sounds like the food of choice. I wish I was a doctor and I could help you.

Julie good luck with naturopath. I really think that is the way to go sometime. Share the knowledge you get from her with us, PLEASE! It is about 20 degrees here - so I empathize!

Noelle I hope your friend comes back in the Spring! That would be fun. My 2 most amazing friends live elsewhere (Chicago and New Orleans) so I know that feeling. Thank you so much for the calendar I love it.

Kempy how are you? I hope you have fun in California. I've never been but dh and I are going partly for business (mine) and pleasure next October to Laguna Beach...i think....

Cal you made it to break!!!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday break full of relaxation and things you want to do. What is it like in AZ right now?

:wave: to Gen!

Well I must go. Ho! Ho! Ho! :snf:

Quote:
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

be well.

;) Summer ;)

angieME
12-17-2004, 03:15 PM
:merry: These guys are so cute!!!!!

Well, I am almost all set to go. My mom and neice will be here shortly and then Jay is taking the kids up to get their gifts from his parents. I am going to try to clean the house but I know the cats will have it destroyed by the time we get back. :lol: We are going to be heading out at 3 this morning so we can get in a good distance by sunset. The kids have tons of coloring books and movies to watch so they should be all settled in. I think Rebel knows what is going on because he has been all excited acting today.

I am going to miss you guys so much!!!! I love you all!!!! :grouphug: I hope you all have a great Christmas and I will see ya when I get back!!!

calnative
12-17-2004, 03:17 PM
Hi Ladies,

I guess my last day before break was yesterday. I had planned on going in today, but Ashley had different ideas last night when she decided to throw up all night. I'm now running on less than 2 hours sleep and a sick daughter who still wants to play, but still can't keep anything down and falls asleep as soon as she lies down. I went in this morning only to make sure I had sub plans for today. I guess this is a good time to clean.

Angie: You will be greatly missed. Have a wonderful trip and a very Merry Christmas.

Kempy: Let me know about Calif. Of course, with Ashley sick I may not be going over there next week.

Noelle: Thanks so much for looking. It's amazing that you can find those things all over the place until you start looking for one. :lol:

Summer: The weather here is sunny and cool. Anyway, to us it's cool :D It's in the low to mid 70's. Light jacket weather in the morning and shirt sleeves by noon. I have 2 weeks for R&R.

Cherie: Hope everyone is feeling better. Have a great weekend.

Hello to anyone I've missed.

Cal

melekalikimaka
12-17-2004, 03:40 PM
Good morning ladies. I'm actually here at work today *surprise!!!* I've been goofing off all week with Michael out of school and all, but I decided I would pop in and see what's been piling up on my desk.

Angie, once again, have safe trip and a wonderful Christmas vacation with your family. We will miss you! I know you won't miss your freezing weather and snow. Enjoy the rays–both sun and mantas :)

Julie, gawd, I remember those days–I was in lust with Tommy Lee **eeewwww*** I know, I know, I was only 14 so give me a break :lol:. The last Crue album I bought was Theatre of Pain, when they started to get all glammed up... my fav has got to be the Shout at the Devil album though. If they came to my town today I'd go and see them anyway, even if we'd be old :lol:

Cal, awww, sorry to hear Ashley is under the weather. Hope she feels better soon. That's too bad if you can't meet up w/Kempy, but that's okay too–maybe we can all get together another time.

Summer, good to hear from you. My BIL's parents are flying in from Cuba, NY to spend Xmas here. It's funny because my sister's MIL doesn't like the warm weather, she prefers to stay where it's cold. I bet my sis will be freezing her butt off in her own house if she has to turn the A/C on for her MIL's comfort.

Cherie, how are you and Meghan today? Is Hannah's program today? Hope you're all feeling better and are able to have a fun time this weekend anyway.

Hello to Gen, Kempy and everyone else. I gotta get some work done so I can play again later ;)

jbbm
12-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey girls check in time!

Bye Angie :(. If you see this, have a great time :D. We will miss you and Merry Christmas to you too!

Noelle, you crack me up....Tommy Lee, I admit I had a thing for him to way back when, haha, you are not alone! Now I got Dr. Feelgood on my mind :lol:!! And you are probally right I should have confronted that rich you know what of a woman but I didn't want to say anything offensive in front of my little dd. I was playing Lose My Breath on the Computer last night and my hus just hates that, but dd and ds and I were dancing. I guess I love all kinds of music.

Cal I hope Ashley feels better soon. It is so hard to see your kids sick and throwing up. Ugh, it just brings me to tears when my kids are sick like that. Hang in there. She will be better before you know it and you guys will have a great vacation!

Summer....hey Snowbunny! Nice to hear from you. I will let you know what that woman says if I go to see her.

Hi everyone....Julie

Kempyd
12-17-2004, 06:34 PM
I just wanted to pop on so that I could make sure that I could tell Angie bye. I know that you will have a great time.

Cal we are going to be there the 22nd - 27th. I will call you if I get a chance to see if you are over there.

Noelle I have been seeing those hugh waves you guys are having over there right now. SCARY!!

Julie poeple don't think about anything but themselves this time of year. Not everybody of course. I think that they only think they are important so they drive like maniacs. I am glad that you are ok.

Cherie I am sick too. I couldn't imagine having a child to deal with while I feel this way. You are truly a super woman.

Summer the job is slow. I am kind of in a funk again and I have to keep thinking positive. I know things will change but it doesn't make me feel good having a few clients. (2)

Sorry guys but I have to go eat some soup and try to get some sleep. I hope to feel better tomorrow. Chat later. :wave:

jbbm
12-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Good Night Girls I hope everyone has a great weekend!

jbbm
12-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Kempy rest up and feel better soon. There is alot of stuff going around. I will say a prayer that you get more clients. I kind of feel in a funk too right now. My brother is coming in this weekend for two weeks and I am such a nervous hostess. I am trying to think positive and relax and remember what Christmas is about....I just get so caught up in thinking about going to twenty different places ;), my dh thinks I should just chill :lol:. Well anyway get well!

Kempyd
12-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Good monrning guys. It sure is quiet around here. I feel better but I have this crazy rash under my arms. Talk about itch! I have been living on Benadryl so that I don't claw my arms to pieces. If it isn't better I am going to the doc in the morning. I need some sort of shot. I can't beleive I just said that.

Julie I bet you will do just fine. I kind of freaky out like that too. I guess it is just who we are. I have finally learned that it is ok to be that way sometimes. :D

Well, I really don't have much to say but I wanted to get on and say hi. I had to pull us off of the 2nd page. Hopefully I can come back later today and chat some. I only have 2 day b4 we leave and I want to make sure that I tell all of you bye.

melekalikimaka
12-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Happy Sunday ladies. I popped in yesterday but didn't have time to post. Thanks Kempy for pulling us up to the front page. Not much happening around here either except wrapping up the last minute Xmas gifts. We went shopping at a nearby mall yesterday and it was packed! Which is unusual because that mall sucks, JC Penney closed last year and a lot of the other merchants bailed so it's usually like a ghost town. We also went and watched Lemony Snickets A Series of Unfortunate Events last night. It's more of a movie for tweens thans little kids but Michael liked it anyway. I hadn't even heard of Lemony Snicket until a few short months ago. It's a strange and dreary story to say the least. I like Harry Potter much better. HP has Alan Rickman as Severus Snape :devil: . LS only has Jim Carrey as Count Olaf :rolleyes: ... oh wait, Bill Connolly as Uncle Monty. I'm such a sucker for a Scottish accent :lol:

Anyway, I didn't have much to say either but here I am :blah:

Well, hope all the kiddos (and adults) are feeling better in time for Christmas! Gotta get a move on and sieze the day. I'll drop by later to see if anyone else came in to chat. Have a good one!

melekalikimaka
12-19-2004, 11:28 AM
ps. Jude Law was cast as Lemony Snicket but you never get to see him, he's always in shadow. what a shame. Think I'll go and see if my 12 y.o. niece has the books to read.

jbbm
12-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone.

Kempy I hope that rash gets better....mmmm....I am trying to think what it could be from. A new deodorant? Maybe you should get it checked before you leave so you are not miserable on your trip. Thanks Kempy, by the time I turned thirty next summer, I just want to accept myself ;). You know, in every way.

Hi Noelle, I was thinking about seeing that movie but I thought my son is so sensitive, I did not want to scare him :lol:, it seemed a little teeny bobber one too. But I am glad he liked it.

Well off to wrap and wrap and wrap :D, the kids saw santa at the mall yesterday, ds would not sit on his lap :dizzy:, but got an adorable pic of dd, just wish she was dressed up! haha. Well I tried some turkey bacon this morning and it was so awful, yuck! I think my piano keys are loose from chewing the sh*t! LOL :lol:. Well I am off to dust and clean and make this place sparkle! Well gotta run. Kempy hope you feel better.

Cherie I hope you are getting better too! You lucky girl have that wonderful vac. coming up!

Hi everyone :wave:. I will check back later. Julie

jbbm
12-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Hi Girls,
Just checking in. Making baked chicken in the oven. Don't know what to have with it yet though. I am getting excited my brother comes in tonight. Well kids are calling gotta go.

melekalikimaka
12-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Hey girls. Just got back from the local flea market. I imagined myself as you guys visiting Hawaii and shopping for souvenirs and stuff. I kept saying to myself, Angie would like that, or Julie's dd would look cute in that Hawaiian print dress, etc. :lol:

Julie, how exciting that your brother is coming to visit. How long has it been since you've seen him? I know you mentioned before that you two were close. I bet you will have a lot to catch up on and to get better acquainted w/your SIL. Enjoy your time together.

Cal, I found the snow globe(s)--you'll see. I will mail them out tomorrow so hopefully you get them before Christmas. Is your niece in AZ also? Hope she likes them. Is Ashley feeling any better?

Kempy who babysits your babies when you are on vacation? I bet you're raring to go already.

Cherie, how did Hannah's Xmas program go?

Well, gotta run out again...it's another non-stop weekend. have a good one.

jbbm
12-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Noelle, I want a hula girl body! They are curvy and skinny. I was watching 20/20 and they had some on. I have not seen him for almost two years. We were really close after mom and dad got divorced, I was five and he was four. Looking back they were really tough years, but years I would not trade. I think the things that happen in life make you stronger. I bet my dd would just look so adorable in a printed dress :D. Yes I want to get more acquainted with her, and find out how in the **** she stays so skinny :devil: :D :lol:!! Well with that said I am going to go eat. Btw made some white chocolate covered pretzels today!

PhotogirlTX
12-19-2004, 08:57 PM
Hello ladies... I don't think I can catch up... but I wanted to check in real quick. I was at Alan's on Friday night... helping him XMas shop and wrap presents for his kids... yesterday, I took the girls to see The Polar Express. It was a good movie, very interesting.... and after that, I took them to go see the holiday lights.... it was a really good night. Today... I had Steven keep the girls while I finished my XMAS shopping and got my car's oil changed. I have an oil leak, so I don't know how hard that will be to fix or how much. This afternoon, Hannah and I have been busy baking cookies.. lots and lots of cookies. Ultimate Chocolate Chip cookies, Snickerdoodles, toffee peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip oatmeal, and french roast pecan shortbread. I'll take most on the ski trip.. but we had to have cookies for santa this week :-)

OK... I need to go, I've got to get the girls to bed... I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Cherie

jbbm
12-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Well girls confession time made more Christmas candy and at some too. I had some salted roasted almonds and I melted peanut butter and butterscotch chips and added the nuts, put them in the freezer to harden. They were excellent. I had three, plus the chocolate covered pretzels. Ugh, I can't wait until all this food tempation is gone!

Cherie glad you had a nice weekend, your cookies sound so good. Lucky Santa who gets to eat them ;).

Well girls we are going to have alot of people missing because of vacations and such and being busy with the holidays. I hope we can keep the thread going until everyone gets back! I know I might be busy this week but I will try and check in. Julie

calnative
12-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Just wanted to write a few lines because I was AWOL this past weekend.
Whatever Ashley had hit me very hard Saturday night. I was sick all night and all day yesterday, including fever. Haven't eaten anything since Friday night. Last night I had a little chicken noodle soup, but had to stop eating because it made me feel sick. I'm feeling lots better now. Hope hubby doesn't get it. :crossed:

Noelle: Thank you for the snowglobe. I will look for it at the end of the week. My niece does live in AZ, only 7 miles from me. My nephew, her brother, is home until Dec 26 from Korea. He works on a Blackhawk in the army. He's been gone a year. My sister is excited to have her son home for the holidays.

Julie: Enjoy your brother. It's so exciting to get together with family; especially when you've been separated by time and distance.

Kempy: I still hope we can meet up in CA. That would be so great. Have a great trip.

Cherie: You have a great trip also. Where in CO are you going again? I've spent time in Aspen and Vail; love them both, but prefer Vail. When do you leave?

Have a great week ladies. Hello to anyone I missed.

Cal

melekalikimaka
12-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Good morning ladies. We finally got the lights up on the outside of the house yesterday afternoon. We also put out the 8' tall inflatable Nutcracker soldier on the front lawn. Of course he has to come back in at night because in our neighborhood, someone's bound to try and shoot a bb gun at it. Either that or one of my cats would go and stretch their claws on it :lol:. One of my sister's is returning from Bangkok today, she went on a separate trip from the others and took along some co-workers instead. I can't wait to see what kind of goodies she's picked up. I'm picking her up from the airport in an hour or so I'll get first dibs on stuff :s:

Cal, you're welcome. So sorry to hear that you were ill, glad that you are much better! It's nice that your nephew could return home to visit for the holidays. How much leave does he have? I would like to visit Korea one day, for the culture of course, but I know their shopping is good too.

Julie, I know you're probably busy entertaining your brother. As for your SIL staying to skinny, she hasn't had any kids yet has she? :devil: Her time will come :lol: Just kidding. Some people just have naturally, infuriatingly skinny genes/jeans. Haha, I slay me :rolleyes: I think I saw the 20/20 show you're were talking about, the National Security one? Besides the topic, I think it was a great piece for tourism here :D Sorry I can't get you that hula girl body ;) One last thing, thanks for that great PMS recipe you gave in your last post :lol:

Cherie, glad you enjoyed your weekend. Gee, with Angie gone, you and Julie are the baking queens! Your cookies sound soooo good. Yup, Santa will be one lucky guy. And your ski buds too. When do you leave again? That sucks about your car. Hope it doesn't take too much time or money to fix it.

Kempy, how are you doing today? Did you ever figure out what you had a reaction too? Hope you're feeling better. I like benadryl :faint: I don't know why but I'm feeling goofy today. If you don't get a chance to pop back in, have a safe, happy, fun trip to CA :wave:. We will miss you.

Summer, OMG I just saw the weather channel and it said it was 3 degrees in Buffalo? or maybe it was -3.... yikes! No wonder my sis' MIL doesn't like it when it's too warm. I think they're flying in tonight. My sister said she will have to make her house feel like an igloo :lol: Stay warm and cozy and enjoy your white Christmas.

I bet Angie and her gang are having a good ole time in FL. Miss ya Ang.

Anyway, hello to anyone I missed (sorry) and hope everyone has a great day. Check back later.

Kempyd
12-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Hey guys. One more day to post and then we are off. I am kind of ready but I am not a fan of flying.

Julie I am not even going to think about being good right now. I know that with us being in CA I am going to eat more than I should. But, I have strated to read up on motivational weight loss stuff so I should be ready when I get back to get down to business.

Cherie when are you leaving on your trip? I know that you will have fun. I am kind of sick of the weather that we are going to have in CA. It is going to be in the 20's here at night and in the 40's over there. That sucks! I wish I was going with you so I could see snow.

Noelle I love those big inflatable things. I want one for next year. I think I had a reaction to the new deoderate I had. My brother said he gets that too sometimes. Let me tell you this was not fun. I really think I have had it in for myself this year. Poison Ivy, Ringworm, falling off the ladder and now this. AUGH!

Cal are you going to head to CA this week? I didn't know if you were going to go that way b/c of Ashley being sick.

Well guys, the salon just called and said that there is someone there that wants some work down so I am going to run back over there and get make some money!!!! I'll try to get back later.

jbbm
12-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Bye Kempy, I will miss you soooo much! And girl....have fun, Joe too! I am not fan of flying either but I will say a prayer that you have a safe flight, relax and have fruity drink or something stiff :lol: on the plane! I hope you got to make so money!! Pull those hairs girl.

Noelle your welcome for the recipe :devil:. Yup that was the show I was talking about. As for my new sil, no kids yet. But I think she was born to be skinny :D, but I made a lunch for them today, baked ham, hot buttered ham rolls, cheeses, and crackers, chips, veggies, dip, and all of my cookies and candies I made! hehe....she is so nice though. We all played with the kids today after dinner. I got some excercise in today too. We got at least six inches of snow and I shoveled it! We are suppose to get seven more tonight, yikes!!!!

Hi everyone, Julie

calnative
12-20-2004, 10:04 PM
Kempy: If we head over to CA it will be after the 26th. I'm still not sure. Now that Ashley and I have been sick, I feel it is only a matter of time before hubby gets it. We'll have to wait and see.

Noelle: My nephew has been home since Dec 8 and he leaves to go back on Dec 27. He is actually in Suwan, about 1 1/2 hours from Seoul. We lived in Puchon City (an hour from Seoul). In fact, Ashley had her first birthday there. I know what you mean by the shopping :D We spent a lot of time in Itawaen(sp).

Julie: I've seen all the news about the 'Arctic Blast' you guys are getting. Take care.

Cherie: Have fun on your trip.

Hello to anyone I missed.

Cal

jbbm
12-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Yikes girls, they just upped the snowfall for tonight up 10 more inches. We are getting an average 2 inches per hour! I want palm trees! Save me Noelle, I am sinking in this, blow some hot air this way, not that you are full of it, just kidding :D....haha....I am sore now. I am going to have some muscles by the time this winter is over or a bad back :lol:! I am so ready for Jan. 1st. I just can not wait until temptations are gone, I just feel I will have my head on more straight about eating more healthy! Its impossible during the holiday for me atleast :D.

Cherie, your trip is coming soon. Can you believe Christmas is here almost? Crazy how time goes by so fast. I bet the girls are just so excited for Christmas. I hope they have a special one.

Cal I hope you and Ashley have a speedy recovery before Christmas. And I hope hubby's immune system fights what you guys had! That would be a bummer if he was sick for Christmas. We have had plenty of Christmas days where one of our family members were sick. Things just don't always work out the way they should sometimes :dizzy:.

Well going to start getting warm and cozy for the night. Sleep well girls and Kempy if you don't get on tomorrow, love ya much and miss ya! Julie

PhotogirlTX
12-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Good Morning everyone! I am here.. just so busy trying to get my payroll out the door, and get my new payroll system set up... not to mention, finishing up my shopping. Phew.. Its all done, however, I do want to see if I can find the barbie for the Princess and the Pauper... Erica I think is her name... I found the guy and dark haired girl.. but I need the blonde Barbie. Then I will be DONE!

My trip starts on Sunday. :-) Actually Saturday, Alan will be picking me up.. and we will be packing and getting everything ready to go, we are leaving at 5 AM on Sunday morning. I am starting to get a little excited.

I wrapped gifts last night...only got about half of them before my back started hurting.. so tonight, I will finish up the rest. I set out two presents apiece for the girls and they found them this morning, so they got excited. So far I haven't been asked CAN WE OPEN IT... but I am sure I will tonight! :D

I bet Angie is having a great time... I miss her already.

Kempy.. have a safe trip today... have a fun trip... sorry you won't get any wintery weather.. but you will have the ocean.... so it will still be nice!

Julie... your snow sounds wonderful... a white christmas.. I wish my girls could see a white christmas sometime... we might get a little snow tomorrow.. but it will be the blowing around kind, not the pretty lay on the ground kind... oh well.

Cal.. I hope you and your family get well soon! I am still fighting my cold, but the girls are fine. Hopefully your hubby won't get it. Being sick just isn't any fun.

Noelle I read an article lastnight where people in Hawaii are having to buy christmas trees at 200 dollars a pop! OH MY... I couldn't do that.. I would be saying sorry girls... we will decorate a palm tree! :D

OK... time to get back to work.... I am taking this week off from thinking about my diet and losing weight... I have been way too busy, however, next week, I am hoping to get some good exercise in... just won't be eating that great.... but I've been thinking.. I want to start back OP on January 1st... so who is with me.. and lets see if we can come up with some sort of goal or challenge. We want to start our New Year off right!

OK.. NOW I am back to work! :D

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
12-21-2004, 01:48 PM
I just realized that today marks the 5th year anniversary of when my water broke and I was rushed to the hospital with a severe placenta abruption and they tried to stop my labor. One doctor on duty that night said I would have my baby in 10 days.

She was right.. Megan was born on 12/31 at one pound ten ounces. This was her then.. and this is her now.

I realized as well, I've been fighting my weight ever since then. (Actually I started fighting my weight 10 years ago when I first became pregnant with my first child. After I lost him, I started this yo-yo rollercoaster ride). I think this is the year I want to make it back down to a healthy weight and step off the yo-yo... I guess this is what has gotten me started thinking about a New Years Goal and Challenge.

Anyway.. I just wanted to share the pictures of my miracle child and her wonderful older sister! :-) This is what I am thankful for this Christmas season!

:-) Cherie

jbbm
12-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Hey girls

Cherie I never knew you lost a baby....he was and is your angel. I am so sorry you lost him. That must have been so hard on you and your family. Prayers and hugs. He has got beautiful sisters! It sounds like you have been super holiday busy. Gift wrapping is a pain! Especially with dried out hands like mine. Yes we did get tons of snow at least 10-12 inches, so the kids had to go outside and make snow angels. They love to do that. I hope your work is not to crazy today. WOOHOO almost vacation time :D. You lucky girl.

Noelle, Cherie, Cal, who is ever here today. I am kind of having a rough day. Well it started out good. Dh took the day off to go to my ds concert. We practied for weeks how he should stand still and he knew all the songs but would not sing them. That was a disaster, he did not sing. Covered his eyes. We just found out he may have a sensory problem (couple of weeks ago we had him tested?), I mean he is smart as a whip, can count to a thousand, but has a hard time with loud noises, extremely picky eating, and like when people would clap after their songs. So we may have to find him an occupational therapist. I am so sad, all you want your kids to be is normal. Sorry for being down around the holidays, just need a cyber shoulder to cry on today. On top of that hub and I are fighting, his mother said she had an appointment and would not cancel and resch. to see his first concert. I am so pissed off. If it was my dh's sister she would climb a mountain for her and her son. We always come last before her and her damn schedule. Ugh. I am so sorry did not mean to bring anyone down.

Kempy bye again, love ya have a wonderful relaxing time.

Angie hope you are having a blast with your family.

Well girls I have not ate yet, I am going to go find something. Check back later. Julie

PhotogirlTX
12-21-2004, 03:09 PM
(((((((HUGS))))))))) Julie.... I hope your son is OK. I understand about all we want from our kids is to be normal and healthy. I am right there with you. I'll keep him in my prayers!

I am trying to finish my work... I've been really stressed... if I can get the things done today that I need to have done, then the weight will be lifted. I am on hold right now to my processing center. I have two tax related issues that I need to get fixed so my W2s will be perfect. Tomorrow is my last payroll to process for the year.. so I need to make sure everything is fixed.

((((Hugs))))) I hope you have a better day. I am sorry you and hubby are fighting again.. and his mom.. what is up with that... how sad. Well, I better get back to work... talk to you ladies later!

C.

jbbm
12-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks Cherie, his mom well is his mom, he will say to me, but her NOT!! In laws, oh well not going to let her bring me down or try not to. Good luck on getting your work done. Thanks again and I hope you stressed is lifted. Lord know we don't need anymore around the holidays ;).

jbbm
12-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Sorry I just noticed my last post had tons of typos :dizzy: I meant to say he will say anything! Sorry can't type worth you know what today!

melekalikimaka
12-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey ladies. It's a dreary rainy day here today. I'm feeling kind of down as well, maybe due to the lack of sun? DH and i (and D does not stand for 'dear' today) are arguing as well. He has a drinking problem and I have a problem with his drinking. Does that make sense? Oh well, I knew this from the start and here we are still together after 15 years so...I will deal with it.

Cherie, (((hugs))) and congratulations on such a beautiful miracle baby Meghan is. I didn't know you had borne a son either. Losing him must've been devastating. I always knew you were an awesome strong woman, and this just confirms it. Did Hannah perform at her program? I'm hoping for no mistakes with my last payroll either :crossed: I really want to take the rest of the year off! :lol:

Julie, so your DS did not want to sing huh? Don't feel bad, really. Michael did not want to perform last Christmas either. He sang up a storm at home but once all the parents were gathered to watch, he clammed up. He'll probably be ready for the next performance, like May Day or graduation or something. Just have the video camera ready. That is too bad your MIL did not want to set aside her appt. to see her grandbaby in his debut. I know how you feel about in-laws having preferences though. Like I told Angie about her in-laws too, maybe they recognize that you have it all together, maybe your SIL needs a little extra help? If you know what I mean. You are a wonderful mom, wife and friend and I am glad to know you.

Kempy, have a wonderful trip and safe flight. We will be thinking of you

Cal, i went to the post office yesterday and used their automated computer system--I was in and out of there in a flash. It was awesome!!! Hope the package makes it by Friday :crossed:

Does anyone have anything special planned for Christmas eve? All I want is a relaxing, peaceful evening with my family. No stress, no arguments. Please Santa, can i? :lol:

Anyway, I just found out that I am watching my 7 y.o. niece and I can hear her and Michael tearing up the house upstairs. Gotta run for now. Check back later.

Kempyd
12-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Hey guys, I can't post much I have to pack. I just wanted to say that I will chat with you in a few days and that I hope all of you guys have a great Christmas. Please say a little prayer for me so that I wont freak out on the plane. I don't know why I am so scared to fly.

Ok, time to pack and I will be back soon!!!! Love you guys!!!

jbbm
12-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Bye Kempy :) :merry:

jbbm
12-22-2004, 01:05 PM
I hope to post more today, but just a quickie here to keep this thread going with everyone busy and gone. Is everyone holding up okay with Holiday stresses? I admit it, I broke down and cried a little last night. Just a little overwhelmed I guess. But today is my dad's b-day so I decorated a cake for him and got his gifts delivered. Whew....I think Angie has the right idea for going away for Christmas :lol:. I hope she and her family are having a great time. And I believe Kemp is leaving today. Cherie this weekend, gonna miss ya....but have a blast! So Summer, Noelle, and everyone else lets keep the party going, haha. Talk later, Julie

melekalikimaka
12-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Hey Julie, you are not alone.... :lol:

Good morning everyone. I went into the office yesterday afternoon and squared away most of what i needed to do today so I am relaxing at home. I feel like going out and getting a pedicure today, that always makes me feel better :cloud9: Michael is busy drawing monster pictures, he calls the monster "shocker". He's used up my whole new roll of scotch tape by taping the pics together then taping it to my bedroom door. I've got a mural of kids drawings in my bedroom :lol:

Julie, how is your brother liking the snow? I would be freezing my @ss off! (I wish) Thanks for the PM, I'll take you up on it. It's kind of ironic that Christmas is supposed to be a time for peace and reflection, but for most of us it seems to be going at a frenetic pace--it's become so commerical it's sad. Hope your dad has a happy b-day :gift: and many more.

Summer, got your Christmas card yesterday. Thanks! How's your holiday planning shaping up?

Cherie, do you have to work on Christmas Eve? I bet your girls are getting so excited. I know you're getting excited about your ski trip. Have a good day today.

Cal, how's hubby faring? Did he catch that cold yet? I hope not. Enjoying your vacation?

Bye Kempy, you should be well one your way...

Angie must be having a blast out there.

Gen, if you're still out there, aren't you in FL? Wave to Angie in her RV :lol:

Rick went to pick up my gift last night at the mall (I still don't know what it is) so Michael and I went and played a crane/claw game while we waited. It must be Christmas because with the first $1 we won two stuffed animal toys--a cute Dasher reindeer and a green hippo nutcracker soldier guy. I told him that he needs to give those away to his cousins for Christmas. I got rid of a huge box of toys a month ago but every time we play that crane game we come home with more stuff. Anyway, don't know what I've got on my plate yet today but let's hope it's fun. Have a good one everybody.

PhotogirlTX
12-23-2004, 10:11 AM
hey all... I posted yesterday... hit the wrong button and it dissappeared... oh well... I don't have much to say... other than I am really busy! We are getting off work today at noon, so I am trying to wrap up my payroll. I just found a mistake, that the payroll company was supposed to fix... now I will have to schedule an adjustment run.. ARGH.... just waiting on my payroll to arrive so I can finish checking it.

Anyway... everyone take care.. have a great holiday if I don't get the chance to pop back in... I will be back and ready to go after the first of the year.. so I hope I have a few more who will join me in getting back on track!

Talk to you soon!

Cherie

melekalikimaka
12-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Good morning ladies. I am on the run today. Just wanted to pop in and say good morning and have a great day. I will pop back in this afternoon.

:wave: Cherie, hope your day does smoothly with no SNAFU's :D I WILL be ready to make a fresh start next year. Let's do it. Have a great trip and a very :merry:

Hi to Julie, Cal, Summer, Gen, Angie, Kempy and any other lurkers.

jbbm
12-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Good Morning Girls

Cherie I hope your work thing gets worked out so you can get out of there! If you don't get a chance to pop back in have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I am so ready for the start of January to get on track. I am sick of having a belly ache from eating too much or the wrong things. Count me in!

Noelle have a great day today. I hope the sun is back out for you there today. It is here but it is only six freakin degrees :eek:!

Well going to get going. Check back later. Julie

PhotogirlTX
12-23-2004, 12:32 PM
DAMN SNOW. ok. I just had to vent. My payroll which was supposed to be here in my hands an hour ago is still at the Fed Ex Facility in Memphis.. So.. I will be here in the office tomorrow. DAMN.

OK.. sorry... had to vent. Good thing is, I am leaving at noon. But I will be back. Tomorrow.

sigh.... too much stress! :D

melekalikimaka
12-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Oh Cherie,that sucks. I am hoping that you can't read this post right now because YOU SHOULD BE OUT OF THE OFFICE IN A FEW SHORT MINUTES. GO ON, GO HOME ALREADY and enjoy the rest of your day. :)

Be back later.

melekalikimaka
12-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Julie, we expect more rain today but it's not raining right now...and it's 70 degrees so I can't complain. :p Stay warm! :sunny:

melekalikimaka
12-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Julie, One more thing... I got my first WI state quarter. I think it's cute with the :moo:, the :cheese: and the :corn: :rofl:

OK I am out of here for now, i promise

jbbm
12-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Cherie, that is totally a bummer! Like Noelle said get out of there and hopefully you won't have to be there long tomorrow.

Noelle, 70 degrees aaaahhhh.......

Well I had grapefruit for breakfast, I think I might have some yogurt for lunch or a tuna salad sandwich with tons of mayo :devil:! I think I will be good and have the yogurt, because this weekend and upcoming week will be full of food! Haha....

jbbm
12-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Noelle, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!!!! Cheese, cheese, cheese and more cheese! I love it. Have you ever tried any of our cheese? I am a cheese addict, haha. And gotta have that real WI butter on that corn on the cob! We love our food, gotta keep warm :D. Okay I really gotta go now too. hehe

jbbm
12-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Good night girls on the Eve of Christmas Eve. I know a few of our friends are gone right now but I want to tell you and them that I am so thankful this Christmas for all of your friendships. It is a Christmas blessing that we all met and have so much in common. I really believe we were all suppose to meet and become friends. Happy Holidays Girls and I hope each and everyone of you gets to spend the next couple of days with the ones you love! Julie
ps can you believe I was OP all day today? Gearing up for eating some goodies this weekend :D ;) :) :lol:.

PhotogirlTX
12-24-2004, 10:57 AM
Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday! Not sure when I will get the chance to post again.. so I wanted to say hi and that I will miss you all this next week!

I am here at work waiting on Fed Ex guy. Yesterday afternoon, Alan gave me my Christmas present, for me and the girls. I took it home and let them open it and it was a Game Cube! They were so excited. They barely ate their dinner (McDonalds!!!) and started playing. I had to make them quit about 9 PM... then I put them to bed watching Babes in Toyland. They were so excited. It was a great gift for them.. and for me. :D

I have to run by walmart.. we are going to have a very non traditional meal tonight. CHILI!!!! :D Oh well... they love it, and it will be easy and then we can sit down and play the new game!

Tomorrow we open gifts, inviting Dad over to have breakfast with them.. (THANKS ANGIE.. gonna have pancakes) and then they will leave for the week, and I will go back to Alan's to get ready for our trip the next morning. I have a busy weekend!

So.. everyone.. Merry Christmas... Happy New Year... I will be back on the 3rd or 4th... and I will be ready to get serious again. I hope you all have a safe and wonderful holiday!!!! You guys really mean alot to me. I am thankful to have each and every one of you in my life!!!!!!

Love,
Cherie

melekalikimaka
12-24-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey girls, Merry Christmas Eve to you too.

I have been in the stores today and everyone has this frantic gleam in their eyes :lol: Michael stayed over at his cousins last night so Rick and I were alone :devil:. We did go out and watch Ocean's Twelve--I liked it, it was very entertaining and had lots of eye candy. Not sure what's for dinner tonight but I was appointed head chef by mom... anyone hungry for Chef-boyardee? :lol:

Cherie, that is great that your girls got a Game Cube. Alan sounds like a sweetheart. Have a wonderful Xmas eve and Xmas day and enjoy your vacation! Be safe and stay warm.

Julie, I say some sort of thanks everyday that I have met all of you girls here. :grouphug:

Merry Christmas everyone and/or Happy Holidays to all :D

PhotogirlTX
12-24-2004, 10:27 PM
I just had to retuck the girls back into bed... it's 9:25 here and they heard thumping.. LIKE REINDEER MOM! We have been tracking Santa at www.noradsanta.org so they have been very excited.... We spread out the reindeer food on the ground, and picked out three cookies and a diet coke (cause you know Santa is really tired of all that milk) and sat it by the fireplace... now they are in bed... and I am waiting for them to fall asleep! :D

Merry Christmas everybody! I'll talk to you soon!

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
12-25-2004, 01:29 PM
OK Folks.. I am off for a few days. I will try to check in, but I can't promise anything! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your families.. I did. Girls had a great morning.

I am off to Colorado at 5AM tomorrow, so I will talk to you all soon!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cherie

GEMonster
12-26-2004, 02:19 PM
:merry: :merry: :merry:

Merry Christmas to you wonderful ladies! All of you are wonderful and have a unique insight and perspective that you give me on a daily basis. Thank you so much for letting me be a part!

And a happy 2005 for us all! :D

;) Summer ;)

calnative
12-27-2004, 09:24 AM
:merry:

I hope everyone is enjoying the days and had a wonderful Christmas. We did. Ashley is so excited and wanting to play with everything all at the same time. We spent time at my sister's house yesterday for dinner and gift exchange. My nephew is returning to Korea today; we will miss him, but it was great to see him again and spend time together.
This week is just going to be catching up on some rest. Everyone in the house has a cold, but at least hubby never caught that awful bug that Ashley and I had.
Take care everyone. To those traveling: be careful and have a wonderful trip.

Cal

jbbm
12-27-2004, 10:52 AM
Good Morning Gang!!

My Christmas was really nice. Crazy busy but nice, haha....too many people to see and places to go, but today we are going to go through some more gifts and stuff. Friday was a party at my dad's side. Saturday was opening gifts then lunch at Mil's and then supper and gift exchange at my moms, and then yesterday was a party at my uncle's. I am totally burnt out!! I like to have things organized,lol. I got some really great things this year. My favorite gift is from my brother. A bottle of perfume from Paris. It smells so wonderful. You can only get it San Fran, Boston, or Paris. I got some pretty clothes from mom, now I told hubby he needs to make some plans and take me out :lol:. The kids got tons, I mean tons of toys I have to get rid of some of the old ones, on some cold weekend day hub and I will go through all of their old stuff and donate some things probally to a local womans and childrens center. Enough about me all ready!

Kempy I think you are coming home today, right? I hope your Christmas was great.

Noelle, so what did Rick surprise you with? Did Michael have a blast opening all of his presents? I bet he sure did. I hope you get to take a little vacation time this week. I kind of feel "burn out". My hub told me he wishes he had off today just today take it all in.

Angie, Florida girl :lol: are you having a wonderful time :lol:? Miss ya!!

Cherie I am so glad you and the girls had a nice Christmas, now you are off on your vacation that you so deserve! Enjoy, enjoy! Happy New Year to you too!

Summer I love seeing your posts too. You all are a huge part of my life also! Whats shaking for New Year's Eve for ya? Any fun parties?

Cal catch up on your rest!! I am glad you had a nice holiday though!

Well hello everyone else. I am going to go here and warm up picking up around here. It is -1 below! Crazy :yikes: :crazy: :merry:
Julie

melekalikimaka
12-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Good morning all. Glad to hear everyone had a great Christmas. I know what you all mean about wanting to "recover" :lol:. Isn't that always the case, like when you need a vacation after a vacation? Did anyone brave the after Christmas sales?

My Christmas was really nice as well. Rick surprised me (us) with new, simple white gold wedding bands. We are approaching our 10th in February and I mentioned that I was looking to get us something that matched to celebrate the occasion. Well, he beat me to the punch, that stinker. I have to admit that I was genuinely surprised though, and pleased. As for the evening, it was really funnny because 3 out of the 4 guys (Rick, dad and my 2 BIL's) all got poker table tops for Christmas. It's what they play every Sunday on the picnic table out back. Now it's official. We could have 3 games going on at one time--come on over girls! Michael got quite a few Gameboy games from us and his aunts, but his favorite gift was a board game called Zingo (like Bingo with a Zing!) that all of us were playing together.

Julie, yes, just get all dolled up, spritz some of that seductive perfume on and grab your hubby and have a night out. Maybe to usher in the New year? Glad you had a great Christmas.

Cal, I'm sorry to hear everyone has caught a cold but at least you're all together right? Take care of each other and enjoy the rest of your vacation time.

Summer, I agree! Happy 2005 and :cheers: to all of us great ladies!

Cherie, that is so cute about your girls and hearing reindeer on the roof. I showed Michael the website you had listed, and he believed. I guess they can still hear those Christmas bells ringing :D. Enjoy the snow!

Kempy and Angie, we miss you both. Be safe in your travels and can't wait to hear from you and your adventures when you get back.

I need to get into the office today :( but I will pop back in later. Talk w/you all then. :wave:

jbbm
12-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Noelle that is so sweet and romantic, what a nice gift :love:! Btw I would love to come over and play some poker. I don't know how :lol:, but I would love to learn! Glad Michael had a nice Christmas. We got the kids some video games too. I will have to look for that game. It sounds fun. I remember one of my aunts would take me to a church to play Bingo when I was a kid and I loved it, haha....Nope, didn't hit any of the sales. Still got time, just saw a commercial and a local department store is having one all week!

jbbm
12-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Noelle I forgot to ask, how did everyone like your ornaments you made them with the pics on them? I bet it was fun handing them out!
Julie

melekalikimaka
12-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Hey Julie, I hid the ornaments within the tree and had everyone look for their own. They were fairly easy to find though, since I grouped the ornaments by families. I even made a few of the dogs :lol:. We had a few good laughs over them since I put some 'special' pictures on a few (like those of when my sister as really little and wearing a few pairs of underwear over her pants) I need to go to the store to find a good, sturdy plastic ornament keeper so they will last til next year. Otherwise I will have to make more....who knows, maybe I have started a new tradition?

Gosh, we have been having some stormy weather here and it's been raining buckets since last night! I have got candles burning all around the house to keep the moisture from setting in. I can't complain though, did you hear the awful news about that 9.0 earthquake and resulting tsunami that is devasted parts of Asia? That is just catastrophic! I even read that the King of Thailand's grandson is missing and feared dead. The death toll keeps rising, I hate to turn on the news anymore. I pray for all those people who died and their families left behind who have to rebuild everything they've lost.

jbbm
12-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Noelle, those ornaments sound fun. I bet your sis loved that one :lol:. That would be a neat tradition to start. Yes, it is so very sad about those tons of people who have lost family members, homes, and basically their whole life....it makes me think how lucky I am. I guess I should not complain about the snow and freaking freezing temperatures.

Well I should get going, we all just played a game at the table after supper, all four of us played their new Hungry Hippos game. It was fun but loud. haha
For dinner we had chili with tons of melted cheese on it :^:. I miss everyone so much, I can't wait until we can get everyone back and start motivating each other. Come back safe and soon everyone :)!

jbbm
12-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know if Angie is coming back before or after the New Year? Thanks :)

melekalikimaka
12-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Good morning everyone. Yesterday afternoon I was having trouble with my office phone lines, no dial tone at all. The rains were really heavy so I didn't think much of it. But later on when Rick came back to the office he found that all of the telephone wires to the building had been cut. Turns out some time the night before, thieves had cut the wires to disable the alarm systems and broke into the last warehouse. All of our alarm systems are independent but if they were triggered, the alarm would not contact the police since the lines were cut. Those damned thieves know how to do everything! Then the telephone repair people tell me we may have to wait til Thursday for a guy to come out and fix it. Rick raised **** with them because we have no landline available, no fax line and now no alarm to protect the place. They are sending someone this morning :). Luckily we usually have the phones forwarded to our cell phones after hours so we can still get our customer phone calls. Anyway, what a way to end 2004.

Julie, I think Angie may get back on Saturday? I'm not reallly sure. I know they would be gone for 2 weeks. I remember that hungry hippos game--with the marbles right? Last night we played tic,tac,toe and connect four. Eventually all those little game pieces will get lost :lol:

I have a question for you guys. How do you celebrate on New Year's eve? Here in Hawaii, setting off fireworks is a big thing. I mean, doing it yourself, not going to a show or anything. Hawaii is one big choking, noisy, smoky mess on NYE and if you suffer from asthma or are afraid of loud noises, HI is not the place to be. We usually set off a string of 20K to a 100K firecrackers at the stroke of midnight. It's a cacophony like you wouldn't believe. Oh yeah, and we usually toast with champagne or something, if the guys haven't already passed out from drinking all night. I'm sure there will be a poker game, prime rib and king crab legs involved somewhere in there too. :lol: I'd be interested to know how you guys do your thing. Well, enough rambling for me.

Have a good day everyone.

jbbm
12-28-2004, 12:34 PM
Noelle those damn thieves is right!!! Oh my God! I can't believe that happen to your business. You must have that creepy feeling....like you know what I mean? Did you call the police? I am glad the phones are going to be fixed. Lord only knows you can't run a business without phone service. I hope they catch the you know whats :censored:! But I am glad you and Rick are safe and were not there when it happened. You never know, they could had a weapon, well that is obvious they did if they cut the lines. Get some pepper spray girl! Now that you mention it I think Angie is coming home on Saturday.
Julie

jbbm
12-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Oh I forgot to answer your question I was so upset that someone is messing with you guys! LOL, Anyway we usually have been just celebrating at home with crab legs, lobster, scallops, shrimp, and steaks the last couple of years because the kids are younger. The only darn time of year we get crab legs and lobster. Haha....but now that my brother is in town my mom wants to go out which would be fun but I told her no way in h*ll I am going to bring a three and a five year old with me and try and control them. When I go out I want to have a few drinks get dressed up and not have to worry if they are minding their manners. You know? So I am trying to talk her into having champange and surf and turf at her house! But trying to find a sitter is going to be tough anyway. But she said she is leaving it up to my brother, which kind of pisses me off in a way. Excuse my language! I would love to come to HI and sit on the beach though and sip some champange or a pina colda.
We seemed to lose every puzzle and game piece too! haha....just part of having kids! Talk later with ya. It seems like you and I are keeping this board going strong while everyone is gone! I am proud of us that we are not on page five now! Okay I will shut up now!

melekalikimaka
12-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Julie, I am proud of us too for keeping this thread going :) It's fun coming back here during the middle of the day and seeing what my friends have to say. Your New Year's eve celebrations sound like ours. Do you have a regular sitter that you use or would you have to go and find one? I'm really lucky in that I have my parents to rely on and if they're not available, one of my sister's is. If we lived near each other I'd take your kids off your hands so you can go out and cut loose every once in a while. I'm sure you'd do the same. I know what you mean about taking a kid out to eat somewhere, not only do you have to worry about their behavior, you have to worry about whether or not they'll eat what the restaurant serves! My son has this thing where if he really likes something, he'll eat too fast and then as fast as the food went down, it'll come right back up. Sorry for the visual :^: But you know some of the gross things kids do :lol:

As far as the break-in situation, we are really fortunate that our warehouse unit was not hit. It's a 4 unit building and the business that got hit is on the other end--still, the cutting of the phone lines is a major inconvenience for all. The business that did get hit wholesales Hawaiian themed gift items (wooden bowls, rubber slippers (flip-flops), all kinds of little trinkets that have to do with Hawaii)...they seem to have had a rash of break-ins and all of us other tenants of the building are starting to think it's an inside job. They employ all these people who look like druggie-loser-lowlifes who probably only get paid minimum wage. I hate leaving my car parked outside during the day when these people are hanging around. Sometimes I drive right into the warehouse and pull the gate down. Makes me feel safer! Anyway, I'm waiting for the phone repair man who better show up soon. I'll be back later.

melekalikimaka
12-28-2004, 01:09 PM
haha, speak of the devil here he is! :devil:

melekalikimaka
12-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Telephone guy is repairing the lines right now. I'm entering my a/p invoices and my carpal tunnel is acting up...hmmm, too much Gameboy methinks. :lol:

jbbm
12-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Noelle I am glad he is there. About the sitter for my two darlings :D, we usually just use my mom or dh's mom, but mil just had knee surgery. I wish I had a sister. I know what you mean about eating too fast or too much before bed thingy! Haha....I am kind of in a weird mood today, kinda feeling funny, I told my new sil, mind you she wears all designer clothes, probally weighs 105 and has beautiful long black hair, anyway we were talking about pms and I told her I turn into a WWF wrestler and a talking trucker! I told her it should have been in my wedding vows that dh will be called some sort of name every month! She kind of looked at me funny! Then I kind of felt stupid. I LOL....my mom bought me a book as a joke for Christmas, I can't wait to read it, I believe the title is Hormone Jungle! Actually I don't think it was a joke. Well I am just a chatterbox today. It is to bad we can't do lunch today! Btw American Idol starts soon. My dh said he heard That Hung guy(that sounds bad) on the radio and he was just terrible it was so funny. I believe it was from his Christmas cd.

jbbm
12-28-2004, 01:56 PM
carpal tunnel is painful, do you have a brace?

melekalikimaka
12-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Hey Julie, my carpal tunnel acts up only when I work (which isn't too often :s: ) and I lent my secretary sister the brace... I have to lay off the Gameboy which will be a little difficult since Michael got all these new games :cb: Anyway, I had some business errands to run today which landed me at the mall. I did some after Xmas shopping and got 3 boxes of xmas cards, a cute little Santa snow globe, and a dozen cranberry-apple tealight candles--all for under $20.

Hormone Jungle? Let me know how you like it, maybe I'll go look it up at the library? I'm reading Chicken Soup to Inspire a Woman's Soul (only now did I realize it's a book for mid-life women :lol: ). I'll get there eventually.

Oh yeah, can't wait for A.I. either!

melekalikimaka
12-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Good morning everyone/anyone....

Good morning everyone/anyone...

is that an echo in here? echo echo echo :lol:

Just popping in to say good morning. Getting ready for work and will be back later to chat. Have a good day.

Kempyd
12-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Hey guys! We are back. We got home Monday night but I got REALLY sick. I havn't been that sick in all of my life. I would have gotten on to say hi yesterday but I had a fever of 100 and I couldn't do much of anything but sleep. I feel much better today though. I think my fever broke around 5 this morning so I and in a better mood today.

We had a good time in CA but it is good to be home. I don't know if you all heard but it snowed here on Chirstmas for the first time in I think 60 years. Of course we missed it. THAT SUCKS!! My neighboors took a pic of our house so that we could see it. I havn't seen it yet though. I bet it looked pretty cool. While it was snowing here in CA it was in the 70's. That just chapped my hide.

I don't have time right now to read the past posts. I have to go unpack. Something I should have done yesterday. I just wanted you guys to know that we are home and doing fine. I will be back on a little later to catch up.

jbbm
12-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Good Morning Girls

WELCOME BACK KEMPY!!!! Sorry you got sick, but glad you are feeling a little better :grouphug:!! I am sorry you missed a white Christmas. That was so nice of your neighbors to take a pic for you guys. We for sure have a white one here! I bet you are glad to be home. It feels nice to be home after being gone for a while! And I know you missed us ;)! Haha....

Good Morning Buddy :lol: Noelle, sounds like you got some great after Christmas deals. Thats always fun. Now you have your cards for next year! Yeah the cover of that book cracks me up. I think it is geared towards women in their mid 30's-to 40. But I feel like I am there! Haha....Oh I wanted to tell you, your are not going to believe this, dh told me last night and I was like "oh my gawd" the crue are coming to our town on our wedding anniversary. Not exactly how I wanted to spend it. But it would be kind of fun. I said I would kind of feel like a fish out of water, lol. But I love several of their songs. Actually probally about six I can think of. Dh thinks I am weird because of my taste in music. I love Destiny's Child to Usher, to Lionel Ritchie and the Crue. I love all kinds I guess. Does that make me weird :lol:? I hope your wrist feels better, I know those games can be addictive.

Well my two brothers and other family may be stopping tonight or today sometime0, I have no entertaining food! Frozen pizza does that count? But I do have cheese and sausage. Maybe I will just invite them over for a nice ice cream after dinner drink like a grasshopper. I wish I was not such a nervous host!! Chill baby chill..........

Cal, Summer, Genie, everyone out there?

See you Saturday Angie!
Check back later

jbbm
12-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Hey Girls

I hope everyone is having a great HUMP DAY! Mine is going okay. I hope you don't mind if I vent a little here. But I feel a little p'oed by my family. They cannot plan anything. And it is really getting to me. Not that I am planning freak but I would just like to know if what time they are coming over or if they are going to eat dinner here. I mean so I can make fish sticks or something nice for them, ugh....they say I want to see the kids so I invited them over this morning and then they said no we are going shopping instead. Ugh....oh well put on a happy face and go on with the day. I want to move far away right now :lol:. Sorry and I hope I did not bring anyone down with me.

calnative
12-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Hello everyone,

Welcome back, Kempy. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, but sorry you got sick. I was really sick the Saturday before Christmas; right after Ashley was sick it was my turn. Luckily, hubby didn't get it.

We are getting lots of rain and are under flash flood warning until midnight tonight. Sedona, north of here, had evacuations because they are worried about the Oak Creek Canyon walls giving way. It's beautiful up there, hope not much washes away.

My sis is still here from Calif; she's leaving tomorrow. She's hoping to get home before the next storm hits southern Calif.

Noelle: I got the snowglobe and the S/P shaker. They are really nice. I got them on Monday, but I haven't seen my neice yet to give them to her. Thank you so much for sending them. You are a real sweetheart.

Julie: I hope things are better for you. I would like Ashley to experience a white Christmas just once. The last time it snowed here was about 15 years ago. The area where my brother lives, Peoria, got about 2 inches of snow at that time. In Rialto, Calif, it snowed at about the same time. I remember having to get into my car on the passenger side because the lock was frozen on the driver side door and I couldn't get the key to go in the lock. Very rare for southern Calif or Arizona.

Have a great rest of the week ladies. I have to go bring in Ashley; she's playing in the mud with the dog. We do have grass, but do you think they'd play there??? NOOOOOO!!! They have to find the gooiest place in the yard to play. They sure are having fun though!!

Cal

melekalikimaka
12-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Hey girls. Welcome Back Kempy!!! Glad to have you back. Hope you weren't feeling sick on the flight back, that's miserable enough in itself. Can't wait to hear about your Xmas. Wow, I can just imagine how pretty the snow was at your house. You have good neighbors. See, I was right, there was an Echo in here :lol: I bet your girls were glad to see mom come home. When do you have to go back to work? Any special plans for New Year's eve?

Julie, haha, Motley Crue reuniting. Did you read the story about Mick Mars recovering from full hip replacement surgery? Geez Louise...I know we're getting old when our teenage idols are having geriatric surgeries :^: Guess what I'm listening to on MusicMatch radio? Def Leppard's Rock of Ages--that fits right in there w/the Crue. I'm just like you w/the taste in music, except I don't care much for Lionel Richie :p :lol:
Hmmm, Josh Groban :yes: Megadeth :yes: Anthrax :yes: Jim Brickman :yes: Destiny's Child :yes: ...
I couldn't agree w/you more about people making plans to visit and then keep changing the time--not considerate at all. You're handling it well though. You're welcome to move down here if you like ;)

Hey Cal! Nice to see you today. Is that Bert visiting you? If it is, Hi Bert :wave: You're very welcome for the snowglobes. I didn't know that one was a S/P shaker, until Rick pointed it out to me, duh. I like that one better anyway. Now whenever I go out, I still keep an eye out for "hawaii" snowglobes-very hard to find apparently. No prob though, hope your niece enjoys.

Anyway, gotta get back to work!

Kempyd
12-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Julie I hate it when people don't do what they say they are going to do. We know a few people like that. It makes Joe and I so mad. We are not like that at all. When we say that we are going to do something we stick to it. I hate to put people out. Just like what they are doing to you. Here you are planning everything and they just change their mind. AGH!! See, now I am all mad. :lol:

I had to take a break form the madness here. I am washing clothes, balancing the checkbook, (man we spent alot) a just trying to get the house in order. It really wasnt' dirty we just brought a good bit of sutff home from Christmas. Soem much that we had to pay extra for my suitcase being too heavy. From now on I am telling Joe's mom to give us Bift Certs. instead. :D

OK back to work.

Kempyd
12-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Noelle we were posting at the same time.

Well, Echo was pissed at Joe for leaving her so she was sitting in her kennel all night the first night. But, he made up for it yesterday. He went to the camp and took her with him. She gets her feeling hurt by him so easily. Rhea was just as happy as ever. She was tired though b/c the little girl started her period. Fun, huh?

I wasn't sick on the plane and that is when I was so suprised that I got sick at all. There were no warning signs. I am just moving in slow motion today. I am going in to the salon tomorrow but I don't have any clients. I hope that I at least get someone this week. My neighbors are having a few friends over Friday so we are going to walk down there. We really don't do much for New Years. We did for 2000 and I think we did ourselves in with that one. Since then neither one of us talks about doing it again. I have plenty of pics to remind us of how stupid and funny we were.

melekalikimaka
12-30-2004, 11:28 AM
Happy Thursday ladies. This week is taking forever to reach Friday! I'll be sad when all the holidays are over...then i have to buckle down with both work and weight loss. I suppose that's a good thing though. I'm getting much to big for my britches :lol:

My sisters and I went to watch a stage production of Grease last night, it even had Frankie Avalon as the Teen Angel in it! Other than that, there weren't any big names in the cast but it was a good show. He sang songs from his heydey like Venus and Beach Blanket Bingo--stuff my mother would swoon over :lol: Rick took Michael to see the Fat Albert movie. hey hey hey

Kempy, one of the 2 cats that lives in the house always hides out for about 2 days when my sister comes back from vacation, like she ices her out. After that, she is stuck like glue to her and meowing up a storm. Pets are funny.
You know, when I was a kid we never had a female dog so I didn't know they had periods too :rolleyes:. Duh, where do puppies come from? :lol: You would think my mom, with 7 daughters, would welcome an opportunity to explain about stuff like that and have a female dog in the household. Nope, we only had male dogs so we wouldn't have to deal w/pups :lol:

Cal, I didn't know you guys had gotten a dog for Ashley (or maybe my old memory fails me). I remember (or do I :lol: ) last year you were talking about what kind of dog you wanted to get and that started Angie searching on her petfind thing, then she got Mickey. How's the weather holding up over there? Have the rains let up? We're supposed to get thunderstorms beginning tonight w/high winds up to 60 mph! I can't wait. I like rain.

Julie, so did you get to entertain your visitors yesterday? Did you guys decide what's happening for New Year's Eve? I know I'm just hanging out at home where it's safer, but I hope Rick's brother and sister and kids don't pop up unexpectedly like at Xmas--that's another story. I think I'll try my hand at shrimp pad thai and jasmine rice. :hun: I feel like Thai food :T

Anyway, I guess i should get ready for work... have a good day everyone.

jbbm
12-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Good Morning Girls

Just popping in to say Hello! Can everyone believe the year 2004 is coming to an end? I just can't get over it is going to be 2005. Time is flying. Well not to much to say right now....my plans are up in the air for new years. But I know for sure I will have a glass of champange. Well check back later. The weather here is terrible, it is raining but it is turning to ice so the roads are suppose to be like ice rinks today. Not a good day to drive. Bye for now

jbbm
12-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Noelle hi you and I were posting at the same time. Glad you got to go out last night. Sounds fun. About the entertaining thing yesterday, I tried....I tried, it is a long story, I do not want to bore anyone with the details. But I cleaned up my whole house. Picked up every toy the kids have, organized the Christmas tree and they didn't show for three hours later. I was :mad: to say the least. But oh well, can't change other people so I am just going to say whatever and deal with it :lol:. Btw I had jasmine rice once and I just loved it. I was in Minneapolis at the mall of America. It was soooo good. Oh come on now, you don't even like Endless Love by Lionel Ritchie? Just kidding, I am fooling with ya :lol:! I do like Josh Groban too. Hope you can check in later and I agree totally with you. This week is just dragging.

enigma74
12-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Just desided to stay a while as you suggested. :)

melekalikimaka
12-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Welcome engima74 :wave: thanks for joining us here at Weighty Issues. A few of the others are on vacation but should be returning in a few days, that's why traffic may be a bit light today. I've had a rough day at work but I'm looking forward to tomorrow, a day off!

A little about me, I'm a newly 33 year old (b-day was 2 weeks ago) mom of a 5 y.o. son, married for 9 years...been fighting the battle of the bulge for most of my life, but found this website about 2 years ago and have made some awesome friends here. I have to admit that I am not making any effort to lose weight at the current moment but will resume my efforts after this weekend, when everyone gets back and motivation for the New Year is high. Glad to have you aboard here and hope to get to know you better. I am self-employed and use this place to hang out whenever I get the chance (which is often).

Hey Kempy, how was work today? Do you remember Angie aka 'dips'n'twists'? I swear I saw this Monster.com commercial and there was this pretty girl saying, "hi my name is Angie and I was in the military doing communications..." The commercial happened so fast but I could've sworn it was her--of course I only saw it once, but that was my first impression. Wouldn't that be neat if it was her? I wonder how she's doing? So what exactly did you do 4 years ago on new year's eve that's got you all partied out? hmm? enquiring minds want to know :devil:

Julie, nope, didn't like Endless Love :p... something about his hair that bothers me--'just say no to jeri curl' :lol: Stay safe on those icy roads out there. In fact, just stay home if the roads are too crazy. I can think of a few things I'd rather do with ice and salt than drive on them, if you know what i mean :hat: I think strawberry or passion fruit margaritas are in order for New Year's eve instead of champagne.

Everyone else, have a good evening and I'll chat w/ya tomorrow.

calnative
12-31-2004, 06:52 AM
Well it's the last day of the year. I don't have any plans for tonight, yet, but we'll see. My sis decided to stay until Saturday. Her boyfriend cancelled out on their plans for tonight so she decided that there was no reason to hurry home. I'm glad she stayed; we've been having a great time just hanging out.

Noelle: Now that you mention it, I don't think I ever mentioned anything about Ashley's dog. We went to the Humane Society back in October, just to look, and found Tucker. He is a German Shepherd mix (not sure what the 'mix' part is), but Ashley loves him. He was very timid at first; he would just try to hide, but now he's very active and it is so much fun to watch him and Ashley play together. The other day they were playing in the grass that hubby put in just 2 weeks ago and I told him that that was the reason I wanted to put sod down as soon as possible-to see Ashley playing in the backyard and not worry about stickers. He's almost a year old, so in dog years he and Ashley are the same age. :lol: Rain has let up here, but we're supposed to get more this weekend and early next week. Just in time for school! :dizzy:

Julie: Be careful with the roads out there. I agree with Noelle--stay home where it's safe.

Kempy: I never did make it over to Calif. I sure wish we could've met. I'm working on planning a short road trip in March and my sister wants me to come visit her in TX; maybe I'll have to see about checking out NO. ;) We'll see.

Everyone have a great New Year's Eve. Party harty. It's my birthday and I hope to find something fun to do. I'm planning on taking Ashley to the movies today; she wants to see "The Incredibles" AGAIN.

Cal

melekalikimaka
12-31-2004, 11:15 AM
:hb: :joker: :gift: :hat: :balloons: :queen: :lucky: :grouphug:
Happy Birthday Cal!
May all your birhtday wishes come true :wizard:

You didn't list your b-day in your profile so it didn't pop-up on the 3FC calendar. Are you trying to keep it on the down low? :sssh: Well, we can't have that. We have to celebrate a birthday with friends! ;) Have a good one!

Tucker sounds great. He's found a good home and he and Ashley can look out for each other. Glad the rain has stopped for you. It's weird, here they predicted thunder storms and high winds...I haven't felt one drop of rain in the last 2 days and it's been so muggy you'd hate to be here. I guess it's the calm before the storm. I hope the rain gets here tonight to dampen our roads and homes. People here get so crazy about setting off fireworks, never a year passes without someone's house burning down because of it.

Well everyone, just starting my day off here. Gotta do a bank run for work then I'm done. I'll be back later.

jbbm
12-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Cal, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!! :cb: :hat: :gift: :dance: :grouphug: :balloons: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: I hope your day is so special! Double celebrating for you today! Have a good one girl and have fun at the movies with Ashley!!

Noelle, I hope you get some rain with all those fireworks! We pray for rain every 4th of July here because it seems to be so dry and we don't all of our beautiful wooded forests to burn down, let alone the houses. I just can't believe all those people that have died in the disater of that terrible tsunami. The news just keeps getting worse for those poor people. I hope you and your family have fun tonight!

Kempy have fun at your neighbors tonight! I hope you got some customers this week. Also I hope whatever you had, you are feeling better now to bring in the new year!

Angie can't wait to hear about your vacation!

Cherie I also can't wait to hear about how much fun you had too!

Well hus has a half day at work today. So he should be home soon. I am going to go pick up now. I got my dusting in this morning. Got to tackle some more of this house. Julie

jbbm
12-31-2004, 10:22 PM
It's Almost 2005!!!! Woohoo, I hope everyone is having fun!

jbbm
12-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Forgot to say Thanks all of you for being their for me all throughout 2004! I love ya guys and lets have a great 2005....HAPPY NEW YEAR :D :lol: :D

melekalikimaka
01-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Happy New Year ladies!!! We're having a nice family night tonight. My shrimp pad thai and jasmine rice came out wonderfully :T . My hands are still burning from slicing up those hot hot hot chili peppers. Rick and Michael started playing with their fireworks around 4:30 pm, Michael just came inside to have dinner (4 hours later). My BIL just came over with a whole case of firecrackers. It's going to be a long, noisy, smoky night. All the animals are indoors, dogs and cats. I'm taking a break from my pyromania :lol:.

Thank you all for making 2004 a great year. I am so fortunate to have made great friends and wish you all the best in 2005. :grouphug: Let's not forget, let's all get skinny in 2005 :cb: Love you girls!

melekalikimaka
01-01-2005, 06:07 AM
Come look for the new thread, Weighty Issues #23! Happy New Year! toot toot :hat: