Support Groups - Jingling Cow Bells in the Winter Wonderland

Cowpernia
12-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Wabby, if I ever have s*x again, which is unlikely at this point, I'm going to use my duct tape to cover the cracks around the doors as well as close the shades. Thanks for the advice. How can I lure a man with this drippy face though?

Don't forget, y'all, to visit DS's page once in a while. There is some importance attached to traffic on a page. He has recently updated it a tad. Homework seems in get in his way.DS's page (www.tuahan.com)

I have to wake up in an hour. Must return to bed. Must not go to kitchen. Craving chocolate. I could tell this when DS asked me my favorite pie and I said chocolate in 1/1,000,000th of a second. Then I asked my favorite salad and I didn't have one since there is no chocolate salad.

Bagz, did you get your card yet?

SugP
12-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Umm...at what age exactly do we have to start turning the lights off? :D This getting old stuff is more complicated that I thought it would be. But you know what? I saw this picture in a magazine of a couple in their 80's at a nudist colony ("Sugar, what ARE you reading?", you might ask) and yes, they were completely wrinkly and saggy, but just so in love and so darn cute at the same time. Which has nothing to do with anything, really.

Wabby, the 3-mile Super Fat Burner is the tape I use and it's pretty exhausting, isn't it? I've done it twice this week and have actually lost half a pound, I think. I guess it gets your metabolism going and helps burn off a few more calories that normal.

Oh yeah, doc says my blood pressure is totally normal - 122/75- if you take an average of all the readings over 24 hours so I'm going to live a good long while.

Bagzz
12-02-2004, 04:27 PM
good news on the BP there Sugarplum!!!! I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ALL TALKING ABOUT---HOW DO YOU DO A "TAPE"---DO YOU WALK OUTSIDE LISTENING TO LESLIE OR DO YOU DO THE TREADMILL!!SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS!!!---I JUST HAD a smell in my head of a maple syrup cake that i made for dd's bday last time-----it makes me want to make it----it was sooooooooooooooo delish---and earlier i almost made fudge---it is soooooooooooooo awesome---if i made some and mailed it,how long before it was stale???? it's sooooooooooooo good---NO i didn't get your card yet peachpie----------------I AM MAILING MY CARDS THIS WEEKEND!!! GET READY BAGS!!!!!!----------by the way,my CANADIAN IDOL has broken all records with his single release---best selling single for a canadian EVER!!!! swoooooooooooon :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Kiwonk
12-02-2004, 06:58 PM
WHAT??? There's no chocolate salad? That's a crime!

Glad your blood pressure is normal, Sug. I really should have mine checked again. It sure didn't sound normal to me. Is it just me or are doctors schizophrenic? Some of them seem to be alarmist about everything and others seem to think nothing is ever wrong even if you walk in on fire.

Not to worry, Bagz, there is no such thing as stale fudge. Fresh fudge is good, fudge that has been sitting around for a year is good, dried up and flaky fudge is good, even melted into a puddle fudge is good.

Oh, and congratulations on your boyfriend's CD.

Why are those threads at the bottom of the page "Similar" to ours? I don't have time to check it out. Someone else do it.

I am baking potatoes for dinner. They are the biggest :censored: potatoes I've ever seen. I was shopping at a discount grocery store the other day and they had these things. They are like industrial sized potatoes. I couldn't resist trying them. I hope they weren't grown in radioactive soil or something. Or genetically crossed with whales. I wonder how long they'll take to bake.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
12-03-2004, 03:06 AM
I am never ever going to a nudist camp. Especially with naked strange men. Strange naked men? Whatever. I'm just crossing that off my list and adding it to the "don't even think about it any more" list.

My cards will NOT be out anytime soon. I haven't drawn/thought or done anything about them yet. Let alone cleared my desk to address them. I made a to-do list (in excel no less) and there are 41 :censored: items on it. DD has sent it back to me with notes on my prioritizing. (Of course I'm writing all of you rather than even doing something ON the list. No wonder it's got so many items.

Went to a cookie exchange tonight after making cookies as fast as possible this afternoon. WHY DO I PUT MYSELF IN HARM'S WAY?

The nice thing about having the nest empty is that you don't have to worry about anybody noticing whether you are attempting/succeeding/playing at s*x.

SugP
12-03-2004, 05:55 AM
I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ALL TALKING ABOUT---HOW DO YOU DO A "TAPE"---DO YOU WALK OUTSIDE LISTENING TO LESLIE OR DO YOU DO THE TREADMILL!!SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS

OK, to put you out of your misery, you poor dear, I will explain this: You put the video tape in the machine, put on your walkin' shoes, stand in front of the tv and walk in place, just like Leslie and her perky friends. She tells you what to do - no treadmill, no outside stuff. Sometimes you get to do a side step or lift your knees. And you use your "Walk Away Weights" for upper body toning at the same time. I just use my 3 lb. dumbells. When the tape is over, you've walked 2 miles or 3 miles or whatever. And it's not that bad, except for Leslie yakin' the whole time. TRY IT!

Can't imagine what having an empty nest will be like. But by that time I'll probably be on my second husband and too old for s*x. Or something.

Just finishing up the Advent wreath I'm making. Fake green stuff - don't tell, ok? Should have been finished last Sunday which was the first Advent, but what the hey. Did I mention that dh has ripped apart the downstairs powder room and that there is dust EVERYWHERE? Like even in my ears and other assorted bodily crevices. New tile, new ceiling, new toilet (than the lord for that!). It's been the same since 1969. Time for a change. He's not doing the tiling himself, thank goodness, because he's cranky enough as it is just doing the other stuff. What a grump. Who wants to trade? :dizzy:

Cowpernia
12-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Kiwheat, I clicked on the Poetry Corner one and it's just like ours except it's different people and all they do is post great poetry by famous poets. They have different icons too and come from different places. They don't punctuate creatively. But, like us, they're really nice.

Kiwonk
12-03-2004, 05:18 PM
I need drugs.

Wabby
12-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Re: drippy faces - According to some magazine I was reading, men are actually attracted to women who are interesting, not especially the prettiest face in the crowd. Supposedly they like women who have their own lives. I won't tell DH, as I have no life of my own. Re: the appropriate age to turn off the lights - I don't have an appropriate age, however an appropriate weight comes into play. If in doubt, turn 'em out. hee.

You see, Bagzie, Sugar and I weren't holding anything interesting back. Leslie videos are very boring, but not as boring as a treadmill and they take up less space. The first obstacle to get over is feeling silly marching in place. I did 2 miles of my 4 mile super challenge dvd this morning. I didn't have time for the other 2 miles.

Painty, I always thought a cookie exchange would be fun, but since I'm always in a panic just doing the regular holiday stuff, I'm afraid it would be just one more thing to panic over. I took yesterday off and went shopping until my feet actually had blisters on my toes and they started cramping up. ouch. Barely made a dent in it. Then when DH & I were debating who's turn it was to turn off the lights last night, he said I should because I got the day off!!!!! argh!!! I just put up the fake office Christmas tree and decorated it. It looks pretty in spite of it's fakeyness.

I went to visit my newest Great Nephew yesterday. He's 3 days old, and beautiful. His parents are only 17 and 18 (my nephew). I worry about the little babes future. How can kids that age raise kids?

Sugar, congrats on the healthy BP. I'm hoping that if I keep exercising and lose some more weight I can quit taking BP meds. I'm good about taking them because there's a tv show about a medical examiner and she tries to figure out how ppl die by autopsying them - kind of like a true life CSI. Anyhoo, you'd be surprised by how many ppl die from complications of high BP. It causes a bunch of nasty symptoms.

Tomorrow is our company holiday party - lotsa fun, lotsa food. No Christmas cards out yet. Must go do payroll. Ppl want paychecks.

Cowpernia
12-03-2004, 05:41 PM
1. I disapprove of Kiwi's drug comment. She is setting a bad example.
2. I have no life. I just got my hair colored and it looks great! But the hair-woman said, "We've got to perk you up. Don't you do anything for fun?" She's from Oregon and added, "I imported my boyfriend from Oregon. I heard about these guys before I came."
3. I want a life.
4. Is chocolate a drug?

SugP
12-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Everyone in or from Oregon is perky.:smug: She brought her own man with her to Dogpatch?? How clever. Please describe new hair in great detail. Streaks? Lighter? Darker? Cost factor? Upkeep? Wolf whistles in the street? Extra attention from the butcher at the Winn Dixie? I think men are intimidated by women who are tooooooo beautiful and perfect. They like to look at them but they're afraid to approach them.

Feeling overwhelmed again by all the crapola around here. I want a magic fairy to whisk me away to somewhere else. Please?

Xmas p-cards have been bought. May even write them tomorrow and mail on Monday. They should get there by Easter.

Bagzz
12-03-2004, 11:26 PM
SUGAR=---COME HOME---CANADA MISSES YOU---------- as you describe your Leslie tapes i am enjoying picturing you marching like a good littel volksmarcher in front of your telly. and of course,cute little wabby dancing and prancing in front of hers!! here is my news---mil's friend who is 81 and lives alone,and drives a NEW caddy and has an suv in her garage that she uses for bad weather----she just bought herself a new plasma tv system----twenty one thousand dollars---------- Also,i have a two day Job---i get two hundred dollars for decorating the LIQUOR STORE!!!-a friend of mine who is a designer handed the job over to me as she is too busy-----so far,i am having fun,but i must say i am tempted to try all the new liquers!!!! and they have already made shooters in a plastic shooter glass with a partition to seperate the two diff boozes---------------gotta go to bed---HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW!!!!!

PainterWoman
12-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Shooters?!
So shoot me.

Met with nutritionist this a.m. and got major dose of HUMBUG. Bah. Feh. I'm restricted now. Turkey. Chicken. Fish. Fruits. Vegs. decaf tea. water water water. NO bread unless 100% whole wheat, brown rice. It should be enough, don't you think? Well, I have this big bucket of awesome cookies from last night's cookie exchange. And those mint hersehey thingies. I am having a huge pity party. No Christmas parties. Just chores. (We did buy some lighted garland for the stairway bannisters at Garden Ridge today. Jeez those "other" shopper were determined with their shopping carts. Vroom vroom. crash bang.

Weepy all the way. This did not smell like christmas spirit. Took a long nap. Still cranky cranky. Dare any of you to cheer me up. Bah!

I tried for almost 30 minutes to get this colorful and festive. It isn't working. Bah. Feh. Maybe later. Is everybody in the world on 3fc? Or my ISP. Bah Feh.
I need to extend my @#$%'ing "glad list"....

Lohani
12-04-2004, 01:08 AM
Poor Painty. I suggest you start your diet tomorrow.
Dec 3 is a tres memorable day for me.....it is the day my hs boyfriend and I made it certain that my kids would never have the house to themselves for any extended period of time.
I consider today to be the official start of the holiday season. I am decorating. Our tree is 11 feet tall. With star it will touch the 12 foot ceiling. The branches are drooping right now, I will decorate it tomorrow. I have my snowman on my computer and my stairs are almost finished. I just can't find the wire I need to hang the garland.
I have NOTHING to do this weekend. DS12 has been home all week with what started as a cold and have now become an extended asthma attack.
Did you notice that they now put "similar threads" below our messages?
Sugar, isn't it boring to march in front of the tv? Do you picture in picture it so that you can at least watch something entertaining?
I'll see you tomorrow.

Kiwonk
12-04-2004, 01:19 AM
1. I disapprove of Kiwi's drug comment. She is setting a bad example.
4. Is chocolate a drug?You're quite right, I am a bad example. But I wasn't necessarily requesting illegal drugs. Chocolate could be a possibility. But I think maybe I'll start taking St. John's Wort again. Christmas doesn't agree with my constitution. You know how alcohol is a depressant? I had one beer with my pizza this evening (DD has a friend over and we were watching The Stepford Wives and eating pizza), and I definitely feel much "downer" than I did before. Blah. It comes from not having any stimulating conversation. Well, that's not quite fair, because after the movie DH went upstairs to play the guitar and I sat around with the 2 girls gabbing. That was mildly interesting. Nevertheless I feel sedated.

I did manage to get a walk in this morning. Unfortunately it wasn't any more than a mile, maybe a little less, because I had to turn around and go home and spend half an hour in the bathroom. :o Apparently my body was seriously shocked at the activity.

Right now the girls are singing along with Christmas songs on the TV. I just realized it's after midnight. Oy.

Jeez, Painty, good luck with that diet. That's why I never went to the nutritionist when I was told to. I hate 100% whole wheat anything. Oh, sorry, you wanted cheering up, not more crankiness. My bad. No doubt it's all in the frame of mind, because I can't even begin to want to eat right at the moment. Anyone tries to take away my Doritos I just might clock 'em. But when I feel a little better, it doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

Lean poultry and fish, veggies, water water water and whole grains. I know it's doable, at least it should be. I think if you give yourself one day a week to cheat your a** off and stick to it every other day, maybe it would be a little more doable.

Here's some nuggets of wisdom? and a recipe (http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?itemID=385&itemType=CONTENT&path=29) Does that url come in okay? Pay no attention to all the ads--I just liked the Duh Files and the recipe.

I guess I'm going to drag myself out of this chair and go roust those kids.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-04-2004, 01:22 AM
Hi Lush. I have things you could do this weekend. Do you know how to decorate a wreath?

SugP
12-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Hi Lush. I have things you could do this weekend. Do you know how to decorate a wreath?

I'm not that naughty, naughty Lush (OK, I had a high school boyfriend too - just can't remember the date.:o ) but I take three or five of whatever I have lying around and stick them on with a hot glue gun. Don't you still have those rusty gingerbread man thingies? The wreath on my front door has pinecones, red bows with musical notes printed on them and some kind of gold wire stuff with stars attached. Can you picture it?

Christmas kind of depresses me too. Same procedure as every year. Doing well on the chocolate and cookie front though and not eating tons and tons. IF I eat chocolate, it's dark chocolate and good quality. No crap. Get this - I actually LIKE whole wheat stuff, but not exclusively. Too boring. I'm trying to get in more fruits and vegetables. Wouldn't it be great to have a cook at home who would prepare you delicious meals and snacks with only the ingredients you're allowed to eat. I just tend to eat the first thing that falls out of the fridge when I open it (must get biggger fridge) and that's usually cheese, which is my downfall.

Lushy, walking in front of the tv is BORING AS HECK, BUT it's SO boring and monotonous that you can totally tune out still catch all her cues. No concentration required whatsoever. And somehow the time goes by really fast because you know what's coming.

Kiwonk
12-04-2004, 02:26 PM
- just can't remember the date.:o ) Yeah, me neither. Sadly I can't remember any dates of such interesting events. Well, I can usually remember my anniversary, and if not, it's inscribed on my ring... Whatever shall I do when I write my memoirs?
Wouldn't it be great to have a cook at home who would prepare you delicious meals and snacks with only the ingredients you're allowed to eat. That would be heaven. Even if they just did the meal planning and shopping, I would probably be happy. My biggest problem, other than cheese, is that when I get inspired to cook healthy meals, I have to face the fact that nobody else around here will eat most of the things I want to use for ingredients. DD would be happy if she never saw an onion, pepper or tomato in a dish ever again. And DH would subsist on pizza and burgers with fried onions permanently (well, until the heart attack, anyway). A short-order, healthy-food cook, that's what I need.

Here's what I woke up to this morning: DD and her friend were pounding an old bag of clay and playing with her little kid pottery wheel. At least they were doing it in the kitchen. Silly girls.

Gotta go shop. I think I'll be spending the whole day shopping online.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-04-2004, 06:00 PM
I bought hamburger patties and stew beef yesterday. I forgot to refrigerate them til the next morning. Can I put them in cold water in the tub and they'll be ok? Seriously, I hate to throw them out but I guess I can't eat them and I can't feed them to DS. I don't want raw meat in the garbage either. Do you all get weekly pick up? It's not enough.

Bagzz
12-05-2004, 12:25 AM
make sure you store ground beef properly. Dr. Gold says "the problem with meat is that if the meat isn't refrigerated or stored properly the bacteria can multiply so that you can get a lot of the toxins released, and then if the meat isn't cooked properly you can get sick. We have to get out of the habit of eating rare hamburger. To be safe it should not be pink at all." PEACHERS-------THROW THE EFFIN MEAT OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

SugP
12-05-2004, 09:13 AM
Peachy, DON'T eat that meat.
Especially the hamburger. What a drag. I've done things like that before, like leave things in the oven or microwave overnight. Bleh. You could freeze the meat and throw it in the garbage on garbage day so the gators don't get it. That's what a friend of mine's mother used to do - froze all the chicken bones and stinky garbage and put them out just before garbage pickup. But get this: when my mother was 11 she went to summer camp and her mother sent her a ROAST CHICKEN in a care package. She kept that chicken under her bed for a week, eating bits and pieces the whole time and sharing it with her friends and no one got sick! That story really freaks me out.

Cowpernia
12-05-2004, 09:14 AM
okokokok.. it's gone. chickenis defrosting. in the fridge. do you all get that belly on your screen when you're on here? the hand comes across and pulls up the shirt? why is her wedding ring on her right hand? is the North Pole in Saskatchewan?

SugP
12-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Forgot to say that in a futile attempt at weight loss and fitness I got up at 9 f-in' o'clock this morning and walked 3 miles with Leslie. Go me. Those 45 minutes just whizzed by today.

SugP
12-05-2004, 09:19 AM
okokokok.. it's gone. chickenis defrosting. in the fridge. 1. do you all get that belly on your screen when you're on here? 2. the hand comes across and pulls up the shirt? 3.why is her wedding ring on her right hand? 4.is the North Pole in Saskatchewan?

1. What belly?
2. No! How creepy. I get no ads at all.
3. She must be German.
4. Not the last time I looked, but maybe they moved it?

Cowpernia
12-05-2004, 10:24 AM
ok. thanks. the beef is in the freezer til the garbage goes out. Maybe I'll take it to work and toss it there.

I learned that Canada has more doughnut shoppes than any other country in the universe. Timmys? Also, Bagzites eat more Kraft Mac and Cheese than any other people.

scary Bush story (http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1204/chafets1.asp)

Cowpernia
12-05-2004, 02:40 PM
who else gets the belly? 'fess up.

SugP
12-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Factoid of the Day: In Canada Kraft Mac and Cheese is known as Kraft Dinner. Really. When I was at university they used to say you were a real man if you could eat a whole box by yourself. I don't even want to think about how many boxes I downed. But I'm still a girl.

Cowpernia
12-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Sugar did u add anything to it? It's kind of boring. Good but needs stuff added like a lot of pepper.

Kiwonk
12-05-2004, 10:34 PM
hamburger patties and stew beef ... Can I put them in cold water in the tub and they'll be ok? Yes, they'll make a lovely bubble bath when they begin to ferment. Or, here's a good idea: go ahead and cook them and eat a little bit every day, an excellent laxative.do you all get that belly on your screen when you're on here? I don't get that ad, never have. Apparently I have all the belly I need.

Am I going to have to get a Sansone tape? It sounds much more doable than the tapes I have. Sounds like you could really get started while you're half asleep and be halfway done before you realize what you're doing. When I was at university they used to say you were a real man if you could eat a whole box by yourself. I don't even want to think about how many boxes I downed. But I'm still a girl.You were probably only eating the macaroni and cheese -- the guys were eating the BOX. :lol: DH used to tell me about subsisting on cases of mac&cheese and red hot dogs. Red hotdogs, by the way, are not "red-hots", but some strange hot dogs that abound in this area that are dyed bright red. You should see the water if you boil or steam them.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Good grief, which Leslie tape do I get? There must hundreds of them.

PainterWoman
12-06-2004, 02:43 AM
I get the tummy on my screen, too. I wish mine looked like hers!

WHAT, dear cows, do you suppose possessed me to allow, even ASK DH to change from Windows 200 to XP? Now I cannot get any of my email addresses, unanswered email, and I'm running out of time, patience, energy and definitely out of good cheer. CRAB CRAB CRAB. Did any of you read the NYT op ed piece by Maureen Dowd? I agree that frosty needs his face ripped off.

And unlike SOME of you, I walked yesterday, but not today and my heels hurt. Should probably walk tomorrow to avoid losing benefit of yesterday... However, I have appointments from 9 am to 9 pm. What was I thinking? That I wanted to earn a living or something? Jeez.

And all of this without benefit of gingerbread men, sugar cookies, chocolate. Etc. Pooooooooooooor me.

If you hear somebody yelling, it might be me on the Christmas Cyclone Roller coaster.
Thanks for listening. I hope I'm in good enough shape to be a professional listener tomorrow.

Kiwonk
12-07-2004, 01:30 AM
And unlike SOME of you, I walked yesterday, but not today and my heels hurt.Do they often hurt? Or are they hurting more and more? I had horrible heel pain last year and found out it was plantar fasciitis, which sounds bad, but is actually surprisingly easy to cure. I mean I had gotten to the point where I thought I was having edema or serious blood pressure problems because my feet hurt so much when I stood up. Putting heel cup pads in my sneakers completely fixed the problem. I had to wear nothing but the sneakers with the pads in them for a while (oh, okay I wore clothes too, good heavens), but after a few weeks/months I was able to go back to other shoes and now I only wear the shoes with the pads in occasionally. Never had anything so bad turn around so easily.

Anyhoo. It's so durn cold here, heck froze over. Yep. True story.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
12-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Thanks, Kiwonkers-- Yes, it was definitely fascitis... Turns out that doing calf stretches also helps... Hadn't gotten to heel cups yet... AND if I walk a little bit everyday, it eventually goes away.

So, I have most of the new Window's system up and running... still can't find the old email addresses or old emails.... (I did transfer the Christmas card addresses to my "regular" email list, though... so that'll work.. (but don't hold your breath... I have many things to do before those get to the top of the list!!)

DH cleaned my office today and made room for another bookcase. I am a fortunate woman. (Plus I don't think he threw anything away... just put some of it in boxes.)

Now, if I could only drop about 20 pounds over night and find a full bankaccount.... well, even so, I have a lot to be happy about. Hope you do, too.

Wabby
12-07-2004, 03:06 PM
OK, we solved Painty's foot problem. I'd like a diagnosis too-- my feet absolutely kill me when I walk for any period of time with any kind of shoes. I'm not talking high heels here, my Nikes are probably the worst, followed by any other shoes, and I'm talking sensible shoes. I thought I was going to have to call someone to piggyback me out of the mall last week. My feet start cramping up and huuuuurrrrrtttt. Most of the pain seems to be in the ball of my foot. When I do my Leslie walking tapes I go barefoot and then I have no problem. If I try to wear athletic shoes I'm in excruciating pain by the time I get to the first mile. Major cramping. Advice, please.

I get the belly. Very annoying.

My favorite Leslie tape is the 4 mile super challenge in the Walk Away the Pounds Express series. You can always do just 2 miles if you want. (which is what I did this morning.) The sets on the older tapes are kinda cheezy.

Our company party was most fun. The guys gave me a gift certificate for a garden center and the hugest basket of lotions, bath stuff, soaps, etc. that I've ever seen. It was too heavy for me to carry. They gave DH the cutest fishing rod and reel that folds up to pocket size and a gift certificate for his favorite fishing tackle store. They are all such wonderful ppl, we are really fortunate. Then on the way home, DH insisted that he needed to stop by DD's bar to tell her how much he loved her. (he gets pretty sentimental when he's loopy). I think next year he gets to be the designated driver.

Kiwonk
12-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Aww, that's so cute, Wabbit. What did DD do when she saw soppy Dad coming at her? :lol: I think it's lovely that the guys get you nice presents--you must be great bosses.

I tried the calf stretches too, Painty -- they helped some, but my pain actually got worse over time, even when I walked regularly (although with the heel pads and walking regularly it went away). Hope yours goes away too.

Wabbit, I don't have a solution to your foot pain, but I have had that myself. Not with just sneakers, but with ice skates and ski boots. I really can't do either anymore because the pain is excruciating. I thought originally it was just bad ski boots, so I tried better ones and they were just exactly as bad. I can tolerate it in cross-country boots, because you have more movement in them. What happens to me is that eventually my feet warm up and the pain eases up. I'm pretty sure it has to do with exercising without being able to stretch the foot; that's why barefoot is so much better. Maybe you need some really flexible workout shoes--aerobics shoes or dance shoes, maybe?

Pain. Isn't it fun?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-07-2004, 04:17 PM
I am just wondering why only Sugar, who lives across the ocean, has acknowledged the Christmas card I sent over a week ago. :rolleyes:

PainterWoman
12-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Feet are good. Y'all have given great suggestions.
AND.... drum roll.... I've almost resurrected all my old emails and addresses. (I at least managed to integrate a relatively recent email address book. There is probably a lesson about backing up files in all of this. sigh.

DH straightened most of it out AND cleaned my office (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so that it's just about ready for DD when she comes home for Christmas. I know I did NOTHING to deserve this.... it was a gift. I am grateful.

Nevertheless, in spite of my gratitude and joy, I wish i could eat a bag of M&M's.
hmph.

Off to do my end of year newsletter. Later, bovine beauties.

Kiwonk
12-07-2004, 05:20 PM
I am just wondering why only Sugar, who lives across the ocean, has acknowledged the Christmas card I sent over a week ago. :rolleyes:Personally, I am savoring this very first Christmas card of the season (not counting Staples') and contemplating the eloquent message of gratitude that will be most appropriate, in the fullness of time. :cloud9:

Kiwi

Wabby
12-07-2004, 05:21 PM
I am just wondering why only Sugar, who lives across the ocean, has acknowledged the Christmas card I sent over a week ago.

1. I have oldtimers disease and I would see the card at home and think "don't forget to e-mail Peachers" but by the time I get to work where my puter is I forgot. 2. I didn't want to gloat if the other cows hadn't received theirs. 3. I'm a social klutz. Sorry, Peach, and the cocoa was delish, by the way. I fought off DS and fixed it just for me.

Kiwi, did you go to the Dr. about your feet? I'm considering actually getting a medical opinion.

Kiwonk
12-07-2004, 08:13 PM
the cocoa was delish, by the way. I fought off DS and fixed it just for me.
Kiwi, did you go to the Dr. about your feet? I'm considering actually getting a medical opinion.
I hid the cocoa -- hope I can find it later.

I went to the doc about my heel pain. Well, actually I put up with it until my physical last year and then asked him about it. However I have never discussed the general foot pain coming from ski boots or skates. I just figured it came under the heading of "It hurts when I do X"/"So don't do X." In my very limited experience with doctors (although I like my current one, many in the past have been awful and I've mostly avoided them), they will address something that is a pathology but not something that is systemic. I'm not sure those are the right terms, but if something is clearly fixable with medicine or some treatment, then they're all over that. If something is the result of something you do in your life, they just ignore it. I can't get a doctor to discuss my food allergies with me. And they don't seem at all interested in the fact that I am 50 lbs overweight. But if my cholesterol is too high, then they want to do something. Similarly, DH's doctors, even the one who diagnosed his sleep apnea, have never once suggested that he quit smoking! Is that incredible? Maybe if he gets emphysema, they will suggest it. :mad:

I really have way too many things I can rant and rave about, don't I? This is why I'm putting myself back on St. John's Wort. I'm going to become all mellow. And forget that our country has been taken over by religious zealots and corporate greed. Oh, there I go again.

Let me start over: :moo: Hi dears. Isn't it a lovely day? It's so nice and cozy here in my nice warm house. I believe I'll have some lovely pasta for dinner. I had a delightful visit from my 7 fingered friend this afternoon. Oh and I received a package of things I was expecting. Such lovely items. How nice. Ladida. :flow2:

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Oh my goodness!!! guess what i got yesterday~~!!! some raspberry hot chocolate mix and a kitty kat kard!!! what a sweeeeeeeeeeeet little treat---and RASPberry is my FAVourite!!!! thank you miss peachypooo!!!!! did you get MY card yet????? i don't know what is wrong with me but i cannot get motivated to decorate and BUY gifts----i feel like christmas is weeks away and it is really just days--------what is WRONG with me????????????????? if lushie were here she would be talking all about it---and then maybe i would DO something------BUT no such thing----let's talk about feet some more----when i was in Boston this summer,the mid part of my foot --the arch i believe---began to HURT really bad-----------i could barely walk or put any weight on my foot----out of the BLUE----now my shoes were quite flat and we had been walking around all day,but it was several days before my foot stopped hurting and i never wore those flat shoes again-----WHAT OLD HAGS WE HAVE BECOME TO BE ABLE TO RAMBLE ON ABOUT FEET FOR SEVERAL PAGES-----------THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS. REMEMBER WHEN WE USED TO TALK ABOUT THE COOL MOMS AND HOW THEY ALL WORE BLAZERS AND JEANS AND WE WERE JEALOUS OF THEM BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO "SAUSAGE THEMSELVES" INTO THEIR PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERFECT 99 I BELIEVE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lohani
12-08-2004, 01:59 AM
My christmas tree is 11 feet tall. It is full or ornaments and looks lovely. Sadly, the room around it is a tip and there seems to be no remedy for that. I have done my steps and my drop leaf table, but nothing else. I have garland on one shelf in the fr and seem to have abandoned that project entirely. I don't know what is wrong, either. We are doing nothing to the outside this year. I have yet to buy one present. Well, we are going skiing, I made that reservation...that is kind of getting a present, isn't it?
I'm sure that if I walked my feet would hurt. My life problem is dry skin. I am starting to shrivel.
I got a LOVERLY card with simulated gagfast bars in it. How sweet. I will try to score some crack, but times are tough.
I am still watching the f-ing Sopranos. Midway through season 3, they lose the Gangsters with Heart theme and roll right into nutbagdom. I liked it better when Tony was trying to change.
Let's go back to Perfect 99. Where's Cherry? My problem is that my blazers all have wide lapels.
Wabby, do you think I should buy your walking girl? How long does it take? 4 miles? It would be an improvement because if you walk inside you dont' have to be pleasant to all your neighbors. BTW...all my nice neighbors are passing on. In their place are these upwardly mobile young people whose kids are perfectly dressed. When we moved here it was a cool mix of people...old, young, rich, poor, some were normal, some were Pineys...sort of the NJ equivalent of Hillbillies. They're all gone. There isn't one car up on cinder blocks in my whole neighborhood. You would think that's a good thing, but it's not.
Kiwi, I have removed the bumper sticker from my car. I still don't feel better. Why am I the only person in the whole country who thinks that there is something fishy when the exit polls give Kerry a win and the vote tally is completely different?
Should I give SJW a try? I used it in the past. I don't remember if it worked or not.
Must go to bed. bye

Bagzz
12-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Lushie says she doesn't know what is wrong !!! I thought she would have all the answers!!! Do you think it is a collective let down after the election???? Maybe we are all just depressed as a continent.It would have been so exciting to have the government change and attempts made to get those poor babies out of Iraq. Last year when they published all those soldier's pictures in People magazine I was so shocked at how innocent and YOUNG they were.....and now we have to listen to more of this over Christmas. I guess it's like the last century---the country IS at war and it affects the whole planet.BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHH------I guess the answer is to just bury your head in the sand and FAKE IT~~~~-----okay,i NEED A LITTLE CHRISTMAS ,RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE----DEE DEE DEE DEE LA LA DEE DEE DEE LALALALALALLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: HOW'S THAT??? Okay,today ,school has been cancelled---icy roads from the New ENgland storm system!! today i will at least get the railing decorated ,the nativity scene up and the wreaths in the porch-----OH BY THE WAY,I SPENT TWO DAYS DECORATING THE LIQUOR STORE---TOO BAD I DON'T LIVE THERE---IT'S VERY FESTIVE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SugP
12-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Let's talk about feet again because mine are KILLING me. Seems like it started after I had ds8 and it's never gone away. I mostly get pain in the arch and sometimes cramping, and it's really bad in the mornings when I get up, or when I've been sitting for a while. Although today I went Christmas shopping downtown for a couple of hours and could hardly walk when I got back. Ho ho ho. I was wearing running shoes, not stilettos BTW. I find very flat shoes with no give, like sandals, just do me in. Could my pain be fasciitis too? The guy I go to who claims to be a doctor also specializes in sports medicine so he might even know something..

Lushie, people ( i.e: Bush supporters) on some list I'm on were claiming that there WERE no exit polls and that there was nothing fishy AT ALL about the election. Yeah right. Those poor young soldiers just make me cry. They have no clue what they're doing.

Some guy is coming over tomorrow to slap some plaster on the guest bathroom walls in preparation for the tiles. He was supposed to come today, but he apparently broke his teeth yesterday at breakfast (!?) and had to go to the dentist who could only fit him in this morning.

House is still a pit under all the festive decorations. Might put up the tree this weekend. Still have to get through travel agent birthday extravaganza Friday. Clothes I ordered haven't arrived yet. May have to go naked - NOT.

Everyone should go out and get a Leslie tape and we can all walk together! I only have the 3 mile, which is 45 minutes long but I'd love to have the 4 mile. I think a person can walk at about 3 miles an hour at a regular pace, so these tapes are pretty lively and keep you going. The one I do also has upper body work at the same time, but you can do it without the weights if you want to. I did it again on Monday and totally zoned out. I was composing e-mails in my head and could somehow keep up with her at the same time. Your brain just kind of absorbs all the cues and you become a walking zombie.

Cowpernia
12-08-2004, 01:59 PM
just commenting that simulated gagfest bars were a tribute to non-chocoholic-lushbreath.

Wabby
12-08-2004, 02:11 PM
I have the Leslie 2 mile, 1996 version which has a very dated set, but the work out is good. I also have the 3 mile circa 2001 or so, work out partners are dressed in yellow and orange. It has some work w/ weights in the 3rd mile. It's ok. My favorite is the 4 mile Walk away the pounds express. I love her workout partners in it. They are my imaginary friends. I especially love Carol with the short red hair who has lost 60 pounds and is in her 50's. She is my idol, as she is over 50, fit and adorable. If you do the whole 4 miles it takes an hour, but on days I don't have time I just do 2 miles, which is about 30 minutes plus I add on a few minutes for cool down and stretches.

Re: Christmas preparations - I'm in a world of trouble. My home decor hasn't progressed beyond the kitchen and a wreath by the door. We went to the tree farm last Sunday and got the tree, but in our post Christmas party stupor, we didn't manage to get it put up or decorated. It's out in the barn, waiting for someone to put it in the tree stand. I have a few presents bought for DD and DS's girlfriend, but no one else. All DS wants is cheap white boxers from Target. DH can't think of a thing he wants, but I think he'd like a small tv for his shop w/ a dvd player so he could watch the f'in Sopranos reruns while he's working on his cars.

I don't want to talk about young soldiers. My friend's nephew is in Iraq. He's been wounded 2 times. Last time he got shrapnel in both legs, but they're going to patch him up and keep him there. I guess you have to actually lose a leg to get to go home. Yesterday there was a funeral at a local church for one boy. It's so surreal. Vietnam all over again.

Bagzie, I want to see pictures of your liquor store!!!!

I don't have dry skin yet. I've just recently gotten over acne. I'm going in for another light peel tomorrow and in February I'm trying something called Thermage which is supposed to help w/ the sags and bags without surgery. I'm a sucker for any snake oil cure that comes down the pike. But of course you already knew that. ;)

Wabby
12-08-2004, 07:48 PM
A developer type guy just brought by plans of what they would like to do with our property. They want to make it into a subdivision. gulp. We've been talking about this for a long time, but it's different to see pictures of streets right on top of where your little old farmhouse and barn are standing. Not to mention my trees and flowers. I keep asking myself if this is the right thing to do, but I sure can't figure it out. Will I be happier in a big new house a little further out of town? I'm not so sure. :?:

Bagzz
12-08-2004, 11:54 PM
will you be RICH when you sell all that land??? if so,will you invite us all out to your new ranch for our annual reunion???In that case,out with the old and in with the new!!!xxoxoxo come on wabs,we only live once {as ourselves anyway,maybe next time as REAL cows}

Bagzz
12-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Don't you think my boyfriend looks more manly in this avatar???I AM SOOOOOOOOO IN LOVE WITH KALAN!!!!!{his singing of course}you have to hear him sing Mary Did You Know ---it's on the Christmas Platinum 2 cd-------------swoooooooooon.{you can download it off one of the music sites}

PainterWoman
12-09-2004, 04:17 AM
Kitty Card arrived today with Chocolate/Caramel packet o' sin enclosed. I don't know why it takes SOOOOOOOOOOO long for things to get here. There's a massive mail distribution center just down the freeway near a big jail. Hmmm. Maybe that's a clue.

My cards are neither conceived nor executed. Do not yet begin to hold your breaths.

DD's elephant teapot arrived today from Canada/Ebay. It looks just like the photo!!

I haven't done any decorating, but I am nearly caught up on laundry... and may finish my PR/class announcement by tomorrow night.

A friend sent me the following... and I thought of y'all. (We really DO say y'all around here, y'all)

HOLIDAY EATING TIPS> >
1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet
table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots,
leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. Like fine single-malt
scotch, it's rare. In fact, it's even rarer than single-malt scotch. You
can't find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it
has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into
an eggnog-aholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have
two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of
gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your
mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or
whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car
with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control
your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other
people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Years.
You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the
time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while
carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like
frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself
near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the
center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave
them behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or,
if you don't like mincemeat, have two apple and one pumpkin. Always have
three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the
mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some
standards.

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party
or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention.

And, I got a Snapple lid today that says starfish can turn their stomachs inside out. What's the point?

Wabby
12-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Painty, I luuuuv your holiday eating tips. Bunco is on Saturday so I'll be putting them in practice.

Bagzie, your idol looks infintessimally (sp??) more manly in that photo. It's ok, we know your intentions are honorable with the lad. We will be richer than we are now if we sell our land. It will mostly mean that we will have a new place, with a little more property, a little further away from town that is all paid for. There is a thing here called the urban growth boundary. Land inside it can be subdivided. Land outside it cannot. Builders are running out of property to build on and the next time the UGB can be expanded is in 20 years. This makes property inside the boundary worth a ridiculous amount. Our property is inside the boundary and ridiculous. That is, if we sell it. One way or the other everybody's invited for a reunion. Y'all don't mind sleeping in the barn do you???

Bagzz
12-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Wabby,if the barn looks like those redone ones in Architechtural Digest we would be most delighted to attend-----------I VOTE FOR MAKING YOU RICH AND BUILDING A NEW FANCYPANTS HOUSE-----------REMEMBER,WE ARE LIVING ONCE SO MAKE IT GOOD---AND THERE IS NO FOOD IN HEAVEN SO MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW PAINTY'S RULES{I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THAT }----------WHERE IS KIWONK??? THIS IS NOT NATURAL!!!!!!

Wabby
12-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Our barn looks like the undone ones in Farmers Digest.

Kiwonk
12-09-2004, 07:37 PM
No, indeed, there is nothing natural about where I've been for the past day and a half. Partly on the toilet and partly hanging over it. Not nice at all. Don't know what it was from, no fever, but I was sick as a dog all day yesterday, and weak as a puppy since then. Nasty, I assure you.

Wabbit, you can only do this if it means you'll get a really nice house and someone to do the cleaning. You deserve it. Of course, don't we all?

I'm not good for much conversation. Gonna go try to get re-hydrated.

Kiwi

P.S. Only lost a couple of pounds...

Wabby
12-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Poor Kiwonkers. That doesn't sound like any fun at a-tall.

Bagzz
12-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Poor Kiwi!!!! We Knew Something Was Up When Thou Was Not Online!!! I Feel A Bit Bleccky Myself---must Be In The Airrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lohani
12-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Wabby, take the money and run. I would really think twice about a BIG house. How about a well appointed small house that is no work and doesn't encourage adult children to bunk on premisis.
Peachez, I NEVER said I didn't like the simulated gagfast bars. They were wonderful. PLUS my friend is a subcontractor for the manufacturer so she made 1/10999th of a cent on them. I'm sure she'll use it to buy me a present.
I must go fold wash.
Wouldn't I feel like a fool just walking in front of the tv?

SugP
12-10-2004, 03:47 AM
Get well soon, Kiweeeeee! Don't you hate it when that happens? And usually you can never figure out what brought it on. Hope it doesn't last too long.

I have neither a barn nor a blazer. What a loser.

Bagzie- your boyfriend is lookin' much more manly these days. I'm sure he'd love it if you invited him over and made shake 'n' bake chicken and mashed potatoes for him. Poor guy probably doesn't get any real food with his busy schedule.

Cowpernia
12-10-2004, 09:06 AM
I am glad I made Lush's friend rich. Now, I must go take a shower and get ready for work. Tonight I am taking DS to the Jewish temple where they are observing Hannukah. I have no idea what to do there or what to wear or anything else. DS is 1/2 Jewish and is curious. I told I'd take him months ago but now that I work near it, today is the day i chose. Didn't know it was Hannukah. Think we'll get presents?

What is the tactful thing to do if you're new at a job and you have to ask someone at another agency questions to make sure you're doing your job right. This person is so sweet and helpful. But yesterday, my own boss told me that another high ranking person at the other agency told her that I'd been doing certain things which are all completely wrong. I have done no such thing. I know this is like a game of gossip. The person I spoke to relayed information which changed and changed. What should I say to her? I want her to know that I don't want this kind of rumor circulating about me again but don't want to put myself in a bad light for saying something.

Lohani
12-10-2004, 09:36 AM
I suspect a Nice/Nasty situation is in our midst. The person who you spoke to has repeated what you said once. It is reasonable to assume that she will do it again. Make sure your boss knows that you have not done whatever that person said you did, then be more careful. She is a gossip. I would let it drop or say something that is vague but not confrontational. NO, I would let it drop.
I wouldn't count on the presents.
DD is in NYC and her Mac card won't work. I must go do something about this. L

Wabby
12-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Right. What Lush said. She's so wise. Sometimes it's better to let things drop or it just gets exponentially worse. Just do your job the best you can and that's the best way to handle the gossiper. People are usually smarter than we give them credit for and they can spot b*llsh*t a mile away. Do you know any other Jewish ppl that you could ask advise from? A friend who works for a Jewish lawyer told me she actually went on the internet to research Jewish ettiquette. She accidently scheduled appointments for him on Yom Kipper, and she got in big trouble so she's making sure she doesn't goof up again. She's also making special Hanukah cookies and gifts for every day of Hanukah. She is a bit of an overachiever. And yes, I realize that I spelled all of the Jewish words wrong.

Sugar, you don't need a barn or a blazer. You have youth on your side.

Lushy, that is exactly the type of house we want. Not big, but nice. I'm making my list of things that are essential. #1 on the list is an automatic sprinkler system. I've got my priorities. We would also have to have a place for Grandpa Jim, but all his junk would not be moving with him. We are going to lay down the law!!!!! Ha. ----- You would feel like a fool walking in front of the tv, but you wait until no one else is around. I walk in front of my bedroom tv so I can lock the door and walk in my sports bra and jammie bottoms. Leslie and I walked 3 miles today. She makes me feel so smart -- she always tells me what a good thing I'm doing for my body, how well I will sleep, that I'm getting rid of stress. By the time she's done with you, you'll wonder why in the world would you not want to exercise.

Wabby
12-10-2004, 02:37 PM
I want to nominate "The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd for our first book club selection. I know we don't have a book club, but I think it's about time. Go to Amazon.com and read about it. It sounds like a good mid life crisis book.

Kiwonk
12-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Wabbit, I loved Kidd's Bees book, I think it's a good idea. I'll get it with my Christmas $$ (hey, my MIL is all about giving us money these days) -- I won't be able to start reading anything new until after Christmas anyway.
Bagz, the kid does look a lot more Sir Galahad-ish in that photo. I'm sure he'll grow up to be a really hot man. Seriously, he's cute. You knew that.

Cowpeach, DH has all kinds of experience with work politics, especially in the job he has now. He would probably tell you to talk to the person who is spreading misinfo, but personally I would think as long as your boss knows the straight scoop, you will be all right. I hate confrontation.

I purchased a Leslie DVD on ebay right before I got violently ill. Hopefully it will be here in a day or two and I can get some walking in before Christmas. I was planning on starting the beachbody program again this week, but frankly, getting up from the couch occasionally has been all the exercise I can manage after the past couple days.

I have actually done a lot of Christmas shopping. Only because I've done every bit of it online. Or delegated it to DD and DH. They did the post-Thanksgiving ratrace shopping, lord knows why, but I figured they might as well get some of my shopping done while they were there. :s: That's what a goddess does, right?

I still haven't decorated my wreath. I suck.

Kiwi

Lohani
12-10-2004, 09:04 PM
I am in for the book club. I'll order the book.
Poor Kiwi, it is miserable being sick like that. Maybe I'll buy a leslie tape. It can keep all my other tapes company...and any way, they're cd's aren't they? It is like calling music things "records"...I'm so dated.
DH never lets anything go at work. He is good at confrontation. I am terrible at it. I always make things worse.
I must go watch Prancer with ds. bye

Kiwonk
12-10-2004, 11:53 PM
No, actually the Leslie tapes are videotapes. Although they also come in DVDs. I bought a DVD. Because I'm all about the digital world. Or something.

I still call cds and records "albums" -- is that totally passe or can I keep doing it for a few more years?

Did you know that geospatial technology is the next big field? Get in on it.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Don't let that boy prance.

Bagzz
12-11-2004, 09:24 AM
peachy---i agree with the herd====don't say anything to the Bit@# but still act fake friendly if you have to deal with her----if she is trouble,the higher-ups already know about it-====just ask YOUR boss when you need something clarified====what a bunch-=----they say women are the worst and sometimes i MUST agree===esp when they pounce on the New Girl------------suck it up and watch your back!!!!!LETS ALL START BUYING LOTTO TICKETS AND GET THE **** OFF THIS MUNDANE TREADMILL====thanks for the compliments for my boy-====he is really cute and i am doing my best to help him crack the US market---you are my guinea cows. I WILL JOIN YOUR BOOK CLUB----SOUNDS LIKE FUN===WABBY YOU HAVE TO RUN IT !!!!! FUN FUN FUN---I JUST READ "how to be good" by nick hornby {about a boy and high fidelity}---it was hi larry ***-------now i have to finish my displays and send out annoying photos to cowgirls. LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSS---the group mentality has infiltrated my mind and now i have to have a leslie tape----can i do it on the treadmill if i want----------??????????????????????????

Cowpernia
12-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Ok I'll get the book, too. Wabby will facilitate. Bagz will bring refreshments.

BTW, DS and I went to temple last night. After the service, they served little communion cups of grape juice which they all drank at once after saying Mozel Tov and they they all broke pieces off a loaf of bread and at them. Religions are all so similar.

Lohani
12-11-2004, 09:41 AM
It turns out that the Prancer girl was whiney so we dumped the show and went back to the f-ing Sopranos. I fully intend to turn my life around today. I will finish the house and maybe even buy a gift. If my connection comes through, I plan to score today. We'll see.
ANd Kiwi, do I really have time to look up this thing? Don't you think it is a little inconsiderate of you to make me look something up when Christmas is two weeks away and the house is a tip? That was selfish. It has taken me three searches to get a definition. Because I am nothing if not sweet, I will give the definition to others:
Geospatial Technology is the application of Geographic Information Technologies (GIT). The practice of GIT combines Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and other data collection methods, including remote sensing and geographic information software. GIT users employ this cluster of techniques to acquire and analyze geographic data. The information available from the analyses is distributed in a variety of graphic representations (e.g. maps, three and four dimensional visualizations, graphics, enhanced imagery).
I'm off to be productive. I just thought of a brilliant place to hidepresents. This is becoming more and more of a problem. Rotten kids.

Kiwonk
12-11-2004, 04:22 PM
I'm off to be productive. I just thought of a brilliant place to hidepresents. This is becoming more and more of a problem. Rotten kids. You're so helpful, looking that up -- just think, you may have inspired someone in a new career direction! Doesn't that make you feel good? Do you really hide presents? I guess that must be the difference between one kid and more than one. Pretty little gets by me, so I know if DD snoops. None of us do -- it's all "don't look in any of those bags" and we don't. If something is too big or obvious to just leave around in its bag, we put it in the gross basement or the gross attic, or mix it in with the junk pile in the garage. Too messy/dirty for anyone to want to go snooping. Demented, isn't it? Never understood why people want to know ahead of time what they're getting for Christmas.
I JUST READ "how to be good" by nick hornby I loved that book! It was brilliant. I put it in BookCrossing, didn't I? I can't remember. I figured I'd better give it away because I lifted it from the laundry room collection of the motel we stayed in in Fla. 2 years ago.

I think I must be over my stomach nasties -- I ate a bag of microwave popcorn in the middle of the night last night. :hungry:

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-11-2004, 08:15 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh kiwonkers---i LOVED that book too====so saucy and british!!!! i loved when she was thinking terrible things about her kids---so funny!!!!!we are having the book club christmas party on tuesday and will be discussing it!!! fun

Kiwonk
12-12-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm eating a bowl of Cajun Ramen with extra fresh mushrooms thrown in. I'm pretty sure they don't make up for the fact that this is a bowl of salt and starch, but hey, somebody ate all the canned soup.

How are you ever going to keep up with our high-powered intellectual book club when you already have another one you belong to, eh Bagz? I hear Wabby's a tough book club mistress -- she has spurs, and she's not afraid to use them.

My mouth is burning.

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-12-2004, 06:34 PM
you are making me want to fry up some onions and muchrooms and eat them just like that.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm----you are right kiwonk---i am nervous of wabby's prowess around the round table discussions------the people in my bookclub are kind of intellectual---not really intimidating because they are so nice,but sometimes i sort of feel like a BIG DUMMY with no fifty cent words to use!!!!

Wabby
12-13-2004, 01:58 PM
-i am nervous of wabby's prowess around the round table discussions------

Ha,hah,ha,heee,hee,heeeeeeyeah right!!! You don't have to worry about intellectual discusssions w/ me. When discussing books I say things like "it's a really cool book, why? I dunno, it just is"

I thought GIT technology is so big brother can keep track of where ever we are on earth. My brother was telling me there is discussion of equipping all new vehicles w/ GPS so that they can tax us depending on how much road useage we consume. Which would also mean they could track exactly where and when you were somewhere. Whatever happened to privacy???

I was the bunco queen Saturday night. I won 30 bucks!!!! and I'm going to spend it all on me!!!!!!me.!me.

No you cannot do Leslie tapes on a treadmill.

Yesterday was DS's girlfriend's 19th birthday. I baked her a cake. Being sociable, I ate some cake. It was chocolately and moist. It had ice cream on the side.

I don't have present snoopers around here anymore. When the kids were little they were terrible. One year they unwrapped all their presents and then rewrapped them. I was soooooo mad, but what can you do with kids??? And they were past the I believe in Santa age. I threatened them I was going to take back all their presents and buy stuff they didn't like. Even DH said I was mean, but geez, it takes alot of work to orchestrate the whole Christmas extravaganza.

I'm feeling overwhelmed. I always do at this point in December. We have DH's family on Saturday for dinner.(and DH's sis is feuding w/ his sil and his other sis's DH just left her this week and she'll be in a merry mood, I'm sure.) Then my family will be over on Christmas Eve. Then Christmas dinner w/ immediate family. I'm tired and I haven't even started cooking. We have 2 open houses to go to next Sunday. I'm going to someone else's house and eat their food and drink their booze and relax.

Hey, cowsies. I've got a question for you - Do you tip your postman at Christmas? Our postman at work made it a point of telling me that "he loved the month of December because he usually collected anywhere from $500 to $600 on his route, and that we could give him up to $20 cash and that it was interesting to see who appreciated what he does for them." I kinda felt like I was getting the shakedown. Am I just cheap? It never occurred to me to tip him before.

Lohani
12-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Yeah, Wabby, your mailman sure isn't subtle. I guess he was clear that he wants 20 bucks. Makes you want to call his boss, doesn't it?
I do give my mail lady, Josephine, some candy and a grocery store gift certificate every year. But, she's nice. She deserves it.
I had a run-in with a weenie today at work. I am crotchety, obviously, because I can no longer pretend not to notice when I am in the company of an ***.
Wabby, don't you feel like you sound like a nut when you talk about the government tracking us with gps? I do. Do you have EAsypass? It automatically charges your credit card for tolls on the turnpikes, expressways and bridges. Dh has it but I refuse because I don't want some bureaucrat knowing every time I leave the state. I know, I sound like a nut. It's pointless to fight it anyway. I'm sure they automatically record your license # when you pass through the toll whether you have easypass or not...but it bothers me.
I have to go make kids take showers....bye

Kiwonk
12-13-2004, 10:32 PM
We tip our mail carrier (how PC is that? Ours was a woman until a few months ago, so I got used to saying "mail carrier"), but sort of randomly. When we remember. She must hate us. We tip the newspaper guy more often because he actually leaves an envelope! It sounds just like a shakedown to me too. I would be tempted to wrap up a present for him that he's sure to hate, just to piss him off. You know, like an elderly fruitcake. But then I'm a horrible Scrooge today. Seems to me he's doing well enough off the other customers. I wonder what he would've said if you'd replied "Can't I give you more than $20?"

Goodness you have a lot on your plate (food metaphor) this month. I feel overwhelmed just reading it. I've been feeling very stressed and I hardly have any responsibilities this year -- just the usual presents and cards -- we're freeloading off everybody else for meals and parties, decorations and everything. I did decorate my wreath (minimally), but I don't think I'll be doing anything else. Apparently it's all I can handle anyway.

The nicest thing happened to me today. I was not having a very nice time. While DD was doing her music lessons, I went to do some shopping. The first place I went was a drug store, which I thought was going to be good because they had already marked down all their Christmas stuff 50%. But I couldn't find much of anything I wanted. I bought some ribbon and some wrap just for the principle of the thing. The whole time I was in there this awful depressing music was playing. While I was waiting in line to check out, I considered asking the clerk how she could stand to be listening to the stuff all day; didn't it make her want to shoot herself? But I decided to keep my thoughts to myself. :rolleyes:

So then I went out into the mucky parking lot and got filthy opening the back end of the car (everything is sort of snow/ice/mud right now), and drove over to the grocery store, where the bag-lady put 3 bags worth of groceries into 2 bags. Then I had to get filthy again putting it in the back end of the car, plus I wrenched my hand closing the :censored: thing and I was about to trot my cart back to the store (no cart carrel at this place and the entire parking lot is on a hill, so it's pretty much of a problem if you leave your cart) when a little boy, about 10, who was walking by with his dad, actually asked me if I'd like him to take my cart back to the store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I of course thanked him profusely and he actually said "You're welcome." I was so shocked I nearly fainted.

It's a Christmas Miracle.

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-13-2004, 10:42 PM
kiwonk you warm the cockles of my grinchy little ice pellet of a heart.

Cowpernia
12-14-2004, 11:09 AM
I know my mail carrier makes more than I do so to hill with 'em.

I am in a shutty mood. I am a batch. Even I don't approve of me. Here's the story:

DS, as you know, is very shy and quiet and smart. He is currently Senior Patrol Leader in his scout troop which IS a big deal. It really is. The other kids chose him and he has last say on everything. So last night there was a Court of Honor (when kids get the stuff they've earned and we all eat) and DS knew it was coming but no the scout leader is gone (to the middle east) and no other adult thought to talk to him about it.

We walk in and this nice boy says, "Do you have anybody for MC?" DS was thrown off guard and said in his shy, apathetic way, "no." Another boy (this is where I become a batch because I don't like this child!!!) said, "I'll do it. I've worked up something." He had worked up nothing as was evident but he got to the be star of the show because DS had said 'no.'

So .. my emotional problem here is that the mother of the boy-who-took-over then got to enjoy watching her son shine and get bragged on and IT SHOULD"VE D&MNWELL BEEN MEEEE.

But it's DS's life isn't it? But DS is my investment. I think I should be considered in these times.

Help.

I'm looking for that book. First bookstore didn't have it.

Bye.

Wabby
12-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Peachy, the book hasn't come out yet. You can pre-order it at Amazon.com. See? I'm already goofing up this book club thing.

If I liked my mail carrier I wouldn't mind giving him a tip, but this particular guy is a jerk. He likes to brag about his workman's comp claim he's cooking up for his injured back, and in the next breath tell you all about riding his moto-cross bikes. Now do you think his back is messed up from carrying mail or jumping motorcycles across hills and such? grr.

Peaches, don't worry. The other boys know your DS is the real star or they wouldn't have made him Senior Patrol Leader.

Kiwi, sometimes I try to be that nice person to take back a cart or hold open a door, but ppl often look at you like you're a nut. Everyone except old ppl. They seem to remember when it was ok to be friendly.

And yes, Lush, I suspect I really am a nut. We don't have no such thang as Easypasses way out har in the frontier. This is the land of the brave and the home of the free as in we have no toll roads, and the only toll bridge that I know of is between Oregon and Washington in the Columbia River gorge. It costs a buck and it's definitely not computerized. They call our interstates freeways for a reason I guess. They're free. So far..... and ya wanna know something really crazy?? we don't have a sales tax in Oregon. Of course our property taxes are high, but at least we aren't nickeled and dimed to death. And the real kicker is that it's against the law to pump your own gas in Oregon!!!!! We have polite gas station attendants who pump the gas and run our credit card. we don't have to step out of the comfort of our car.... isn't that a concept??!!! and our gas prices are no higher than Washington's which is right next door to us. Now don't be telling everybody this stuff or everybody will be moving out here.

Kiwonk
12-14-2004, 11:26 PM
I went to a lovely program of Christmas music this evening. By myself. Couldn't interest anyone else in going with me. Oh well. It was very nice. A bit elderly, but nice. This one lady sang a Christmas Lullaby without accompaniment that was so beautiful it was just mesmerizing. And one of my neighbors (yes, only 2 miles away!) who used to be a math teacher played several pieces on the organ, a solo and a couple of duets. Really nice. And some crazy lady banged on a glockenspiel and then played Joy to the World on an ocarina. What is an ocarina, you say? Well, it looked like a low-tech pitchpipe. And sounded like a whistle. And then there was this old lady who could really sing, and also played the French Horn. Not at the same time. All in all an uplifting evening. And there were refreshments.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
12-15-2004, 04:33 AM
I wish I'd gone to Kiwi's Christmas program.
Instead, I got roped into one by a friend. don't get me wrong, I loved being with the friend... (and she said it was OK with her if I knit.) But the alleged "
Traditional Anglican Service of Lessons and Carrols" turned out NOT to be traditional at all, but a Crystal Cathedral styled extravaganza with big swelling harmonies, not much finesses and crowds and crowds of people. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinch. At least they didn't take up a collection!
I am going to prepare lasagna for Christmas day and a small ham, and a salad, some other side dish(es).... and I don't know what else. but DH and I are skippping out first and going to Kerrvile. Not for the annual folk festival, but for an exhibition of hand/home-made furniture. And some R&R.
Stayed up til 5 am last night and it's 2"30 am now... have Cmas card designed and a few printed. Don't start holding your breath yet... need to address and stamp and hand over to postal workers who are unlikely to get a tip from me. I never actually SEE tham, and the guy who comes most of the time is surly and slow.

Bless us every one... in hope that we get called "Tiny"!

SugP
12-15-2004, 09:43 AM
Cow Town Rule # 1: Any card that gets there before Easter can be counted as a Christmas card. I have cards, but I haven't even started with the writing and the stamping. Haven't taken the annual picture of the kids either. People are used to getting my cards way late. They'd be disappointed if they didn't.

Feeling like cr*p today (Dh says I'm too much of a lady to need to use words like that. Heh. Little does he know). Headache, muscle aches, nice raspy cough. Might be because that tile-layer person has been here almost every day this week doing the powder room and he smokes the WHOLE TIME. I don't take too well to second-hand smoke. If it's doing that to me, imagine what it's doing to HIM! He started puffing away on the first day before I noticed and now I'm too much of wimp to say anything. Yeah, I know, it's MY house, but... I sure hope he's finished by Friday. If the whole thing isn't done by Christmas we'll be forklifting Grandpa up to the upstairs bathroom. :D

Peachy! One day ds will be rich and famous and will go around making speeches about how he owes it all to his lovely mom and you will be swamped with awards dinners and research grant extravaganzas to go to.

It's illegal in Germany NOT to pump your own gas. No attendants except for the people inside who sell snacks and take yer money.

My youngest baby brother turned 36 yesterday and I forgot to e-mail him. Not even sure if I have his address. He won't mind. We're just so lazy about birthdays.

Must go and rake in the big bucks tutoring someone else's kid. See yas! :smug: :smug:

Cowpernia
12-15-2004, 11:01 AM
sugar, I copied and emailed to ds what you said about him !! Are you teaching those kids anything interesting? How to greet people by saying, "Get back, you wanker!"?

PainterWoman
12-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Oh, Sug-- thank you. I'm finally pretty satisfied with card image. So when I get home this evening I'll fire up the printer and begin doing envelopes. I used to do ALL the envelopes in full-blown calligraphy. It was a 3 day process because I was vain enough to send literally hundreds of cards. Between the US postal costs and my DH wanting me to be "available", I am more casually about the addresses... but perhaps my new bovine buddies will elicit the old calligraphy nibs and some red ink!

Hope I stay awake while my clients are here!! hee hee.
I am proud of eating well at breakfast this morning... (just some egg & veggie omelet, tomato juice and a bit of applesauce. Skipped the deli's latkes, blintzes and hashbrowns. :-)

Wabby
12-15-2004, 02:33 PM
I have tons of stuff I should be doing, and yet here I yam. Procrastination R me.

Late cards can be savored in the post Christmas lull.

Sugar, sometimes it more important to get a nice tile job than to breathe. You can breathe next week when he's gone and your bathroom is pretty.

I wish I'd gone to either Kiwi's or Painty's concert. I could use a little Christmas cheer. I have to admit that I would prefer Kiwi's concert because it came with refreshments. My favorite part.

Painty, when do you sleep???? 5 am? 2:30? are you partying or insomniac?

OK. I guess I really do need to go get something done. Must make a list.

Kiwonk
12-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Late cards can be savored in the post Christmas lull. Exactly, the post Christmas lull -- like January, February....

Oh ick, I feel cr*ppy too. I'm starting to understand how stress can make you sick. I spent an hour on the phone this morning with my stepfather (and mother in the background) trying to either a)help him understand what was wrong with the document he printed out or b)how to email me an attachment so I could fix it myself. Good thing he has a thick skin, because I was practically yelling at him before we gave up for lack of time. This was after 2 phone calls last night to try to help my mother (and stepfather in the background) figure out how to type her Christmas letter on the computer. They claimed that since their computer had crashed a few months and everything had to be reloaded, they didn't know any of the programs anymore. We had this kind of conversation:
"Well, do you remember the name of the program you used to use to type things?" "No." "Maybe Word for Windows?" "I don't know" "Would you recognize it if I mentioned some of them?"

"Should I press Okay?" "Sure" "Are you sure?" "Well, yes, if you want it to do something you're going to have to press Okay" "Well, sometimes I press Go" "Yes, sometimes you press Go and sometimes you press Okay, but you have to press something for it to work"

I am not soooooooooo not kidding.

And I have a pain in my side.

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-15-2004, 11:02 PM
hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa--------------youse guys are a riot------LOVE to hear all the latest----------------sugar is absolutely correct peach!!=====your boy is headed WAY above and beyond these local yokels----they will eat his dust----------------you will be feted ad nauseum in the future---you will be complaining about all the events you must take in!!!!----------------dd is home from university for christmas holidays---so far has two course marks in--an A- and an A+{good thing cause if she's not on the dean's list out goes the scholarship!!!}--NOT done decorating,NOT done shopping,haven't started wrapping...............yikes

PainterWoman
12-16-2004, 02:34 AM
Kiwi-- I'm not sure that pain was actually in your side.

I've been skipping sleep. It means I have an excuse for staying fat fat fat, right?
No? Oh, well off to bed then, and those pounds better evaporate.

PainterWoman
12-16-2004, 02:37 AM
PS: My DD said the NICEST NICEST things about me in her blog. (well, after rambling about some other things.) you can read it at http://www.sometimesatypical.blogspot.com
I have the best daughter possible (and I know all of you are good daughters... but she's wonderful.)

Wabby
12-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Hi Cowsies, I'm coming to you via my new computer!!! It has a beautiful flat screen monitor so I can pile my desk with even more papers and junk. Everything's up and working except my email, so bear with me on that. If you have something to tell me that just can't wait, send me a message on 3FatChicks, please. Once I rework my old computer I'm going to take it home with me so I'll be yakking at you 24/7.

Paintypants, I love your daughter. Such a sweetheart. Isn't it nice to have a grown up daughter? I'm going to my DD's place tonight to make Christmas candy and cookies. I never would have believed it when she was going through her goth stage in high school. She actually wore a dog collar with spikes for a necklace. Thankyajesus that we lived to laugh about it.

Must go work. A client just dropped off 2 lbs. of chocolate covered caramels and creams. Must not give in. Well maybe just a couple. :devil:

Cowpernia
12-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Queen of Stories~!!!!!!!! What a wonderful title. sighhhh.

I have no choco covered caramels and creams and I love them. sighhhh

Sighhhhh.

Wabby
12-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Do you all get that ad at the top of the page from Dollartree? I bought 20 of those plates with the holly around the rim. Cheap dishes for Christmas parties and they're actually pretty. I'm thinking of buying another 10 or so, because when I started counting up how many ppl we have for family dinners 20 will be cutting it short.

Peaches, please come take these durn caramels away. I can't stop.

I walked 2 miles with Leslie this morning. Do you think that will make up for eating a dozen candies?

Kiwonk
12-16-2004, 07:42 PM
OO OO Guess what!!?!! I got my Leslie Sansone DVD in the mail -- it's a two in one thing. It has the 2 mile and the 4 mile. I'm going to try it out tomorrow. Couldn't do it today; had to take the car 45 miles away for service. Spent the whole afternoon -- Got some Christmas cards written, at least.

Painty, I think you're right about that pain... I did get an email from my stepfather and he has managed to accomplish the task in question. Although by re-typing the whole thing, not by using my simple suggestions. But the main thing is they got the thing done...

Gotta go eat dinner. Can't wait to hear from Wabbit 24/7 :fr:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-17-2004, 11:22 AM
1. I am sick of that stomach.

2. Sugar and I have a problem. Yesterday, DS and I went to a German restaurant. All that was the menu was pork, cheese or briscut. How is briscuit spelled? Anyway, it's fatty. The bread came with sour cream mixed with a few herbs. The meat had cream sauce on it. The potatoes were fried. DS didn't like his. I was afraid to eat mine. We took it home and it's in the fridge.

3. DS sold popcorn for a fund drive and Herbie bought some. Herbie couldn't meet us somewhere to get it. He couldn't stop by my office which is near his own stupid office and which he passes twice a day. NOOO. We had to go to his stupid house. I stayed in the car. He came out, stood by the car and waved at me. I waved back, then started talking to his brother who was visiting him.

4. DS needs volunteer hours so I took him a no-kill cat shelter. It was not good. It was a house full of cats. A real house. Cats on all the furniture, washer, etc. They had a screened in yard, cubby holes in the walls, all full of cats. It smelled horrendous and the cats ... most of them ... did not look well. Runny eyes. Blotchy fur. About 80 percent were dark tabbies. A few black cats. A couple of sickly siamese mixes. One calico. A litter of small orange kitties .. also not robust with health. I was afraid DS would take something bad home to our cats.

Kiwonk
12-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Ick! I hope he's not going to work there! If he really wants to do some service, he should relieve them of a dozen or so cats! You are right to be concerned about diseases.

I'm sick of that stomach too. I gave it to DH. Poor guy. Got up in the middle of the night. He's okay today though. So I guess I gave it to him, but it didn't take.

I'm going to the mall shopping today. Right now it's 11:38. I'm not getting an early start....

Kiwi

Wabby
12-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Which stomach are we talking about? Kiwi's upset stomach or the stomach pop up ad?

Ick about the cat house. The way you described all those kittys is exactly the way the roof cat looks. I don't think he's long for this world. :( No matter how much we feed him, he doesn't gain much weight, he has scruffy looking fur and he seems to be out of it alot of the time. I don't know what he was doing for the last couple years, but his ribs feel like they're all broken up. He is really no longer a roof cat, because we let him in every evening and he has my dogs terrorized. If they get within 10 feet of him, he growls and hisses. I could take him to the vet but I really think he's just old and beat up. Poor kitty. Is DS going to continue to volunteer at this place? I'd be worried about kitty diseases too. Loved the Herbie story.

Look, we have Christmas smileys :) :D :o :rolleyes: :eek: :sball2: :sman: :sball: :snf: :merry:

DD and I made candy yesterday. I have a container full of fudge, toffee, etc. sitting right next to me. Someone brought in donuts this morning. They are sitting right next to the candy. The 2 lbs. of chocolate dipped caramels are next to it (not all 2 lbs. of course) I'm not going to even have one piece of anything. If I do, I'm totally lost. I did the Leslie 4 mile super challenge this morning and I'm not going to undo any good it did me. Hee. The day is young, though.

Kiwi, I'm going to the mall today right after work. If I go home, I'll never do it. It's torture. There is a myth that women like to shop. I got DH a color depth/fish finder/gps thingie. I could have bought lots of fish for 400 bucks. At restaurants.

SugP
12-17-2004, 04:47 PM
2. Sugar and I have a problem. Yesterday, DS and I went to a German restaurant. All that was the menu was pork, cheese or briscut.

Pardon me for yelling, but HOW DO YOU THINK I GOT SO D*MN FAT??? :o :o :o Pork, pork, pork, pork, pork - that's all there is to eat around here. When I came here, I weighed 125 lbs and just look at me now. A huge porker. What a weird menu. What kind of cheese. Some German food is good, actually.

Wabby
12-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Since I've never even visited Germany I can't blame it on that. What could I blame it on? It's past noon and I've only eaten a teeny piece of toffee. Holding fast on the donuts. Are you proud of me?

Cowpernia
12-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Fried Brie. Not kidding. FRIED

Don't you have chickens in Germany?

Cowpernia
12-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Bagz, Ds wants to know who that "guy" is. Pat Something? Leslie? Sasha? I can't remember.

Kiwonk
12-18-2004, 05:12 PM
That is Sir Galahad.
:)
Fried brie. MMMM Who wouldn't love that combination of fat and fat?
Wabbit, you can do it. All that candy would just make you feel crappy. Oh, I just remembered that you are not at work anymore. I hope you left all the candy there.
I got all the shopping done. Except for a couple of things I still have to do online, and some computer stuff. And all the wrapping, and the food for the inlaw family dinner tomorrow (I'm only entrusted with the raw veggies and dip, so that's not bad), and most of the cards and all the laundry and and and :eek:
How do you like my new avatar? :D

Kiwi :merry:

Cowpernia
12-18-2004, 06:00 PM
I have spent hours trying to decide what your last avatar was. Yesterday, I was telling ds that my avatar needs a santa hat and showing him al lthe Christmas ones. Then there was Kiwi's. I could not convince him it was Christmasy.

Have you looked at the new 3FC tickers? Not Christmasy either.

Bagzz
12-19-2004, 10:34 AM
YOU CAN FIND OUT ALL ABOUT MY BOYFRIEND THERE!!!---yesterday i got my tickets for his concert in March---third row centre---i am taking ds and his two girl cousins with sissy and her babysitter.CAN'T WAIT!!!--- Sarah Maclachlan is coming in May so i have to get her tickets early cause she will likely sell out around here. We are getting a Major Juniour Hockey team next year so we are all EXCITED cause we have been without a team for a few years.These are the kids who are headed for the NHL {if there IS one,now that the strike is on}----they are aged 16-19----HAHAHAH----just my AGE-------------JUST KIDDDDING {SORT OF} :D :D :D kiwi---you are making me VERY jealous with all of your organized christmas plans----NOT too happy with my progress----last night we had to go to TWO parties and then end up at a Bar to see the dd20 and her band do a set {they are quite hilarious}-----went to dh's work party on Thursday and had Beer,Champagne and Coolers ......WHY WHY WHY WHY ????????I STILL HAVE A HEADACHE-----pretty good,though cause i have been to three parties since that one and only had Pop {soda}. :o :o It looks like i will be getting my STORE in the market sometime in January=--==I am soooooo nervous!! i plan to have a computer there SO I CAN POST FROM WORK JUST LIKE WABBALICIOUS!!!!!!!must go and assess my shopping needs----WE HAD SNOW TODAY---HOW ABOUT YOU KIWONK?????? :^: :^:

Kiwonk
12-19-2004, 12:45 PM
kiwi---you are making me VERY jealous with all of your organized christmas plansLet me just point out that I DIDN'T DO ANY DECORATION WHATSOEVER -- NOT EVEN A TREE! And the dinner today? All I have to do is show up with raw veggies and presents. Don't be jealous. I'm quite pitiful.
I have spent hours trying to decide what your last avatar was. Yesterday, I was telling ds that my avatar needs a santa hat and showing him al lthe Christmas ones. Then there was Kiwi's. I could not convince him it was Christmasy.Peachie, it was a KIWI!!!! Now how can he say a little piggy with a sproingy Santa hat isn't Christmasy? Maybe I should adjust it a little so you can see it better. Personally I think it's hilarious. But you know me.

Gotta go cut up veggies. We're leaving in 45 minutes :eek:

Kiwi

SugP
12-19-2004, 07:15 PM
A piggy with a sproingy Santa hat. Of course!! At first I was going for a piggy with a Santa-hatted vacuum cleaner hose in the background but I knew that couldn't be right.

I'm cancelling Christmas. I have cards to write, pictures to take, parcels to send, and I haven't done ANYTHING. Well, the kids and I slapped together two ginger bread houses today and I managed some mini-fruitcakes (no peel!)for the teachers, but all that activity only sets me back a couple more days because of the horrendous mess that is now my kitchen. And Mr. Stinky is coming back tomorrow to finish up the tiles. Did I mention that we've had a toilet (unused, as far as I know) sitting in our front hall for the past three weeks? Very elegant.

I won't even mention that I now weight two pounds MORE than the starting weight on my ticker. Blaming it on water retention. I love this peri-menopausal thing. First comes the Great Flood, then one good week if yer lucky, and then two lovely weeks of PMS where you gain 5 lbs over night. Leslie must be wondering where I am.

Bagzie! All the Christmas markets are on right now and I was thinking of you because you love them so. Get this: they did this test on the mugs they sell Glühwein in and found out that there are strep and herpes bacteria/virus/whatever in most of them even after they've been washed. They get washed in a dishwasher, but they use the SAME WATER all day long because there's no water hookup at the stands. Eeeeeeeeeeew! :D

Must go stare at my kitchen in disbelief.

Kiwonk
12-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Lord. No wonder they call it Glue Wine.

Have returned from inlaw Christmas. Very nice. We gave DD her new guitar. She is tres happy. I am tres full.

Apparently I'm going to have to work on the piggy/hat thing. See, the pig has a wire sticking up with a clip at the end, intended for holding notes or photos or whatnot. The Santa hat is pure stolen computer graphic. I expect a knock at the door from the cybergraphic cops any day now.

Make me stop eating those nasty Fritos twists. Stop it, I say! Tomorrow morning: Leslie, if it kills me.

Kiwi

Wabby
12-20-2004, 02:04 PM
I've been AWOL from the Leslie troops for 3 days now. Weekends have gotten crazy and I had a nasty :headache: this morning. Actually I had one yesterday too, so we missed 2 open houses that we were planning on going to. I feel bad to have been such a party pooper. The DH family gathering was really nice. I was a regular Martha Stewart. Before she went to jail. My lasagna was yummy and I made a chicken/cheddar, cream sauce lasagna for those non beef eaters in the crowd. A peppermint punch - very festive w/ candy canes hanging around the edge of the punch bowl. We're going into the home stretch, cowsies. I did the rest of my cards, baked mini pumpkin breads & made more pear butter for gift baskets for my family yesterday. I'll finish up my shopping tonight, wrap tomorrow, shop for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner food on wednesday, relax on thursday, my siblings & families over on friday, my children & Grandpa Jim for dinner on Saturday. Crash on Sunday. Whew. -----Kiwi, you're not pitiful. You're smart.

I bet all those little virus bugs are happy bugs after floating in all that wine.

Bagzie, can't wait for you to open your shop. You're sure to be a success, as you're the most talented and personable in all of Canada.

That candy that was here on Friday is still here on Monday. I ate one piece of p-nut butter fudge, but that is it. No more. I'm putting it out in the shop. Don't need it staring at me all day long.

Kiwonk
12-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Wabbit! You are a dynamo! :D Go Wabbit :cheer: Go Wabbit! Hope you don't have any more headaches.

I have exactly 24 hours left in which to:

Finish the laundry (1 load to be folded, 1 load drying on racks, 1 load in the dryer, 1 load in the washer, 2 more to wash + 2 hand wash sweaters to do
Select and print out photos to include with cards
Package and mail some ornaments DD sold (fundraiser) (anyone want a cute little gold ornament of Mt. Katahdin? Only $5)
Wrap presents that are going with us to NC (I've only done 2 Oh good grief!)
Charge the video camera battery
Send a note to school saying DD won't be there on Wednesday
Make DD sell more ornaments
Make dinner
Finish recording 2 tapes that I'm making for presents
Turn on that Leslie video or else.

Help. Where's :) when you need him?

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-21-2004, 02:22 AM
So far ...

Finish the laundry (1 load to be folded-DONE, 1 load drying on racks-STILL, 1 load in the dryer-DONE, 1 load in the washer-IN THE DRYER, 1 in the washer, and I more to do + 2 hand wash sweaters to do-DRYING
Select and print out photos to include with cards-A FEW
Package and mail some ornaments DD sold (fundraiser) (anyone want a cute little gold ornament of Mt. Katahdin? Only $5)-NAH
Wrap presents that are going with us to NC (I've only done 2 Oh good grief!)-UM WRAPPED ONE...
Charge the video camera battery-NOPE
Send a note to school saying DD won't be there on Wednesday-NAH
Make DD sell more ornaments-SHE DID DELIVER ONE
Make dinner-MMMM YES VEAL STEW
Finish recording 2 tapes that I'm making for presents-WELL, DID SOME
Turn on that Leslie video or else.-I DID! I WALKED! UNTIL DH CAME HOME AND I TURNED IT OFF...

Changed my piggie again.
Kiwi

SugP
12-21-2004, 04:43 AM
Way to go, Kiwonk! So how did you like Leslie? Could you stand the chattiness? It gets better after you've done it about 4 times. Then you know what she's going to say so you know where you are in the tape and how soon it'll be over. :D

The tiles will be finished today! Woo hoo! Toilet and sink must wait until Thursday but dh's doing that and he doesn't smoke.

My daily horoscope says: Nervous energy and non-stop gossip are the things that will pop the bubble of a truly tender moment alone with a loved one. Oh, please! Nervous energy and non-stop gossip are my life. :p

Repeat after me: I WILL finish (ok, start) Christmas cards today. And attempt to take some sort of picture of my kids and then attempt to print out numerous copies for those who receive pics of my kids every year. Except I'm not exactly sure how to do that and will probably mess up big time. Oh well. :)

Bagzz
12-21-2004, 08:36 AM
hello my dear christmas cows :D :D i see you are all atwitter with your chores and christmas duties!!! i must say i am so behind that i feel like i'm in front {heard that somewhere and can identify}-----i still have shopping to do and have wrapped NOTHING----still need christmas groceries (have to make TWO trifles}----can't think of a gift for sissy {who has EVERYthing} Mother {who is fussy} or Hubby {who wants NOTHing}-----and i must spend at least 100 dollars on each .It feels like a WASTE of money {how unchristmaslike and RUDE of me :o :o :o }---oh well,no different from any other year.My displays are ALmost complete----my tree is decorated in my MARTHA BALLS that i bought last year {poor martha ---probably her first{and last} Charlie Brown Christmas Tree for sure!!!!}---mother is taking the 5 younger grandchildren this morning and having them bake gingerbread cookies----23 year old nephew is helping { a sweet kid---must tell him about my 19 year old boyfriend}-----must get to the mall-----KIWONK----YOU ARE BECOMING A DYNAMO AND IT'S DISTURBING ME!!!!!------WABBY----YOU SOUND UNBEARABLY ORGANIZED DARLING-----STOOOOOOOOOOP IT!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: ---AND dearest Sugarbuns------heard an interview on CBC this morning with a guy from Nunnenburg{????} northern Germany anyway---he worked here this summer and is back home-----he said he hates Gluewine!!!!! but LOVES the Christkindelmarts {sp??}----made me jealous :cry: :cry: :cry: ---have a good day hags---get lots done----report in later!!!! :D :D :D

Wabby
12-21-2004, 02:24 PM
:sman: Morning troops! the sorry truth about Wabby is that even though my Christmas stuff is getting done, I have mountains of laundry, dust bunnies everywhere, and I haven't watered my tree since we put it up. I can't do everything!!!! :eek:

I have sad news to tell - Roof Kitty died Sunday morning. I found him in the back yard, looks like he just laid down and gave up. He was still warm so he hadn't been gone long. DH buried him under the tree where our little Chopper dog is buried. At least his last few months he was getting regular food and somebody to pet him. Poor kitty. :cry:

SugP
12-21-2004, 04:00 PM
:no: RIP poor Roof Kitty. Could you tell how old he was, Wabby?

Dh caught a cold. You know what that means. Non-stop whining right into next week. I'm going to have to do everything Christmas related while he lays on the couch sniffling.

Yep, if you don't have a headache now, you'll surely have one after drinking that Glühwein. Nasty stuff. I'll take eggnog any day. :coffee:

Wabby
12-21-2004, 05:19 PM
We weren't sure how old kitty was. He came to us about 8 years ago. He appeared on the roof one day, meowing for some food. He hung around for about 6 years, then just disappeared. He reappeared last summer, same old kitty, demanding food very loudly. We don't have any idea where he'd been for the last couple years. He was a tough old kitty.

An elderly man came into my office a few minutes ago. I knew right away who he was - my dentist when I was a kid! I haven't seen him for at least 30 years. What a sweet man. I had a crush on him when I was about 7 yrs. old.

Kiwi, do you like Leslie? We're waiting for your review.

Cowpernia
12-22-2004, 12:55 AM
I am sorry about Roof Kitty but so touched that Wabby took care of the kitty at the end and we all have a clear conscience. Helpless chings, like kitties, are so touching.

Did I tell you DS and I are invited to a friend's house for Christmas dinner and it's ALL GERMAN!! All stuff starting with spit and spat. She says there's nothing for us to bring but I know it's because they don't want the theme ruined. Sugar, what easy thing could I take to impress them? They're having pork tenderloin and German potato salad. Those are the things I can spell.

Kiwonk
12-22-2004, 01:59 AM
Way to go, Kiwonk! So how did you like Leslie? Could you stand the chattiness? .....
The tiles will be finished today! ........
print out numerous copies for those who receive pics of my kids every year. Except I'm not exactly sure how to do that and will probably mess up big time. Oh well. :)
Yay on the tiles!!!!!!!! I was wondering if you were going to have to decorate the toilet for Christmas.

Well, considering I only spent 15 minutes on Leslie, I didn't get too annoyed with her yet. She sure is perky...

Honestly, I am just not getting enough exercise in, and I can really feel it when I have to be on my feet and really busy (they feel swollen and achy and my back hurts). Maybe I'll take the DVD to my sissie's house and we can walk together if the weather sux. If the weather's nice, I will be walking the doggie frequently. I get to love on a doggie for a whole week! Yay me!

I am printing out photos right this minute Sugar. It is a bother, getting them the way you want them. If you're online before I go to bed -- right now it's 12:20 here and I expect to be up for hours wrapping presents and printing these things out. -- I'll help you out if I can. I'll also be online probably Thursday night or Friday morning, although it's hard to say how much help I'll be with 3 little kids in my lap. Ah, other people's children, what a wonderful concept!

--and i must spend at least 100 dollars on each .It feels like a WASTE of money {how unchristmaslike and RUDE of me :o :o :o So why do you have to spend that much? Do you guys have some gift agreement or something? DH's sister used to say every year that we should stop exchanging gifts between the adults, and we would agree and then she would make us a quilt or something, so we stopped listening to her. I have quit worrying about whether someone's gift is "enough" and get more worked up when it's "too much". DH always wants to go overboard on some people so I have to rein him in. Then he completely ignores other people and I have to force him to think about them. :snf:

So sorry about the roof kitty, Wabbit. Poor little baby. He was obviously hanging out at your place because he knew you were kind. Sometimes that's all that can be done.

Oh good point, Sugar. I need some eggnog. I was just getting hungry and that would hit the spot nicely. 'scuze me.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-22-2004, 02:52 AM
Finished the laundry
Select and print out photos to include with cards-STILL WORKING ON IT
Package and mail some ornaments DD sold -- DONE
Wrap presents that are going with us to NC (I've only done 2 Oh good grief!)-STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANYWHERE
Charge the video camera battery-DONE
Send a note to school saying DD won't be there on Wednesday-DONE
Make DD sell more ornaments-ACTUALLY DONE! AMAZING
Make dinner-PIZZA TONIGHT
Finish recording 2 tapes that I'm making for presents-ALMOST DONE...
Turn on that Leslie video or else-OH WELL, THE SACRIFICES...

Gotta go get started on that wrapping.....it's only 2 am.

Guess what I'm not going to even attempt to do -- get a new route map and directions. We'll just have to wing it this time... :eek:
Kiwi

Wabby
12-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Seems to have gotten quiet around here. I presume that's because we're in our pre-Christmas frenzy. :)

I've got one more run to Costco tonight after work for a ham for Christmas Eve and pork tenderloin for Christmas day, but first I have to stop by my hairdo lady to drop off a little gift and to wish her well on her boobie bob she's having done 2 days after Christmas. Then just one more day of work this week. Thank heavens. I am tired. And I'm not sleeping well. I wake up at 2:30 every morning and fret about what I need to get done. Then when I wake up I'm too tired to do it.

DD has to work Christmas Eve. Since when do bars stay open on Christmas Eve???? I guess Santa needs somewhere to unwind after his long delivery route.

Kiwi, I'm giving you Leslie asylum until after Jan. 1. I skipped her this morning myself. My DH always wants to go crazy buying our kids stuff. We had to buy special candy for their stockings yesterday. I was asking him how old they would be before we quit doing all this stuff. He said when they had their own kids. It looks like that will be awhile. Until then, we go nutz. :dizzy:

Peach, my favorite thing at our local German restaurant is cheese fondue. I don't know if it's actually German food, but it's delish.

Sugar did the tiles come out beauteeeeful? Tell us all about it. What color?

I received a lovely card from Mz. Paintypants.

I'm almost ready for the holidays to be over and to start in on Perfection '05. oh. yeah. I mean Adequate '05. :D

SugP
12-23-2004, 02:43 PM
Well, I actually managed to print some photos in the right size and everything but they came out a really weird colour - sort of sepia brownish, if you can picture it. I think it had something to do with the photo cartridge thingie because some of the pics changed colours slightly half-way through. Who knows. Sent them anyway and pretended they were supposed to be that way. My kids aren't actually that brown! Thanks for the offer of help, Kiwi! I suppose you and your vegetables will be on the way to NC now anyway, won't you?

Peachy! I honestly don't know what you could take that would go with pork tenderloin and potato salad. That's a weird combination. I guess they mean warm potato salad. A lot of people have weenies and cold potato salad on Christmas Eve or some kind of roast with potato dumplings and read cabbage the next day. Cheese fondue is really, really popular, but it's actually Swiss. We have Swiss raclette on Christmas Eve and meat fondue on New Year's Eve. I have this coleslaw recipe that I make sometimes with equal parts of sugar, oil and vinegar heated up and poured over finely shredded green cabbage. It goes well with pork and other salada. Don't think it's very German, though. I will delve further into the recesses of my atrophied brain and try to come up with something before the Piggly Wiggly closes. Can you get lamb's lettuce? That's really popular here as a green salad with tomatoes or what-have-you mixed in.

Haven't exercised in ages and am therefore a fat, flabby pig. And cow. I was reading another one of those depressing "How to save your marriage" books and it says one of the reasons women gain weight is because they use food as a substitute for emotional support. Oh oh. Don't know if I believe that entirely though.

Oh yeah, I got most of my cards done and sent - no customers at the post office today, if you can believe it. Must remember to always send my cards two days before Christmas. Cards to you cows are not out yet, but I did buy the stamps - "Oh, sorry, we don't have any more stamps in that denomination, I'll just give you ten zillion 5 Eurocent stamps and you can stick them all on, ok?" You'll be lucky if you can read anything between the stamps and the air mail sticker!

The tiles are kind of pale green and marbly with a flowery border along the wall and darker green on the floor, set in diagonally. We're not actually sure that these are the tiles we ordered because they seem lighter, but they do the job and we just didn't have the mojo to go back there and start all over again. So the teeny tiny guest bathroom is now the nicest room in the house. I'll have to make sure to spend a lot of time in there escaping the masses :D

In-laws will be coming tomorrow after attending the afternoon church service and then the fun will begin. Can't wait.

Wabby
12-23-2004, 05:47 PM
So the teeny tiny guest bathroom is now the nicest room in the house.That's nice, though. My main bath that is the one guests use is the one DS uses, so its often a mess, and it's old and icky. Nothing but the best for our guests. Keeps ppl from staying too long. ;)

I walked w/ Leslie for 4 miles this morning. Re: why women gain weight - I think it's because we get so wrapped up in doing for everyone else that we forget to put ourselves at the top of the priority list. That, and the fact that husbands and kids suck the emotional life right outta us. :sball:Just kidding.

Everyone has gone home for the weekend here. Just me left to close up. I just wanted to stop back by here and say :merry: I'll see all you darling cowsies on Monday. ho-ho-ho.

Kiwonk
12-24-2004, 01:07 AM
I am in NC. I am tired. I should be in bed, but I am saying hi to you instead. The sushi place is GONE! I don't know where you have to go now to get a neckrub, Peachie! :eek:

Kiwi, slightly punchy and taaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhrd

Lohani
12-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Merry, Merry Darlings!!!!!! I am exhausted. I made the fish dinner tonight...it was fun. Now I'm going to church to hear my adorable DD sing. Then I must wrap. ARGH. I will be sending Valentine's cards this year. I can't imagine having time before that.
I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful day tomorrow, or in Sugar's case, today. Perfect 2005 is just around the corner, so stay alert. XXOO....lushie

is it time to get rid of my halloween avatar?

Bagzz
12-25-2004, 11:10 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY VERY FAVOURITE COWS !!!!! THIS IS THE BEST PASTURE IN THE WORLD!!! XOXOXOXO TALK TO YOU SOON!!!! :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Kiwonk
12-26-2004, 01:16 AM
DITTO

i HAve had too mnayY MARTINIS. for coping. You know

and a merry christmas too0=;oq3w=-[w9siq[3wepq[esro you all .

littl4e children and mothers and husbands and too little sleep and babies and dinners which all have to be on the table at the same time. good grief how can anyonedo that/\????? And sick sisters and sick nieces and loud toys and little boys. I'm going to write a country song.

A happy christmas to all and to all a good night.

From
Kiwi
Surviving in Davidson.

P.S. My nephew is getting married to the sweetest, smartest, funniest girl in the world. Hope he can hang on to her.

SugP
12-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day, Cowies!! I am not drunk, just FULL. And really, really fat. None of my pants fit. Will do Leslie tomorrow FOR SURE. Starting over on my ticker too. :o

Bagzz
12-27-2004, 01:25 PM
yikes!! there is major blizzard raging outside----there was a city bus off the road in front of the house and a bunch of stuck in the snowdrift cars!!!you need a four wheel drive to get around at all!!!----staying in and watching movies----even the MALLS and grocery stores are closed!!! happy holidays :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Wabby
12-27-2004, 02:20 PM
That sounds like a good excuse for staying home and doing nuthin'!!!! Hope you stay cozy and warm Bagzie.

We had a wonderful Christmas, but I'm sure glad it's over. I'm just too tired for any more frivolity.

My parents sent me a check for Christmas. My dog ate most of it. The part with the signature, anyway. I guess I'll have to call and beg for another one. I've decided to quit being mad at my Dad when it comes to money. I've decided that I want to be sitting somewhere in Italy on my 50th birthday and I'll need all the Christmas and birthday money I can get my mitts on to pay for it.

I'm sick of rich food. I've eaten pounds of chocolate, mountains of cookies, pie, full fat sour cream, cheese, etc. etc. etc. bleeeeh. Even the green beans were sauteed in a little bacon grease. TODAY, however will be a different story. I did 2 miles w/ Leslie this morning, I ate cottage cheese and an english muffin for breakfast, and I have plans of behaving myself the rest of my life. Heeee.

Bagzie, dear, I spent yesterday afternoon working in my yard. It wasn't warm here, but it was dry, and it felt really good to get out and get dirty. I planted 5 lily bulbs, and I have only 30 more to go. eek. What was I thinking when I ordered all these? Weeds still grow in the wintertime. Amazing.

Perfect 2005 - here we come. sheesh.

Cowpernia
12-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Hello y'all. I have gained weight. Have we all gained weight? I guess so. What a dirty trick this is. It is not snowing here and you KNOW WE'D LIKE A SHARE.

delimma: my new boss said several times that she doesn't shop for gifts; she takes us to lunch on birthdays and Christmas. I think that's great. Lunch is fun. Gifts are unnecessary. But ... I know of a particular interest she has and I saw something on ebay (antique bells, actually. Small. Rusty. Handmade. Working. Charming.) and bought them for her. I just wanted to give her the bells. I enjoyed giving her the bells. That's all.

So .. days later she comes in with a gift for me. Way expensive, generic, probably a rewrap. The gift has nothing to do with my personality, interests, desires. I will never use it and don't want her to do this again. I was so happy with the lunch.

What should I do?

Wabby
12-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Say thank-you.

OK, then next year do not, for any reason, buy her a gift. Some ppl just aren't comfortable unless they reciprocate. If you find her something really cool and you just have to buy it for her, give it to her for a "no reason, but I just wanted you to have it" gift. Some time not connected to a holiday or birthday.

I walked 3 miles w/ Leslie this morning. I didn't gain weight over Christmas holiday. Yesterday I was up 2 lbs., but today it's all gone. I have no idea how this happened. I give Leslie all the credit.

Kiwi's kinda cute when she's tipsy. ;)

Kiwonk
12-28-2004, 03:48 PM
AND she has no hangover.

Hi cowsies. This is my last day here in NC. Tonight I have to pack up again and head out in the A.M. Can't believe it. It is rawther zoo-y here most of the time. Except nap time. Fun and noisy and chaotic.

Can't believe you're having a giant blizzard without me, Bagz. Also can't believe you are planting bulbs, Wabbit. How odd. It will at least 4.5 months before we can plant anything.

I know people who can't stand the thought of not reciprocating on gifts. Makes them really uncomfortable if they think they have under-given. Nothing much you can do but scale back next time. "Fortunately" my half-sibs don't feel that way -- they don't have the slightest problem getting gifts from us and not reciprocating. Some we get a thank you note from, which is nice. Others we don't hear from. This year they didn't hear from us. So there.

la de dah. Enjoy your snow/gardening/hot sunny weather?/

Kiwi

Wabby
12-28-2004, 08:18 PM
What's everyone doing for New Years Eve? I believe we have plans for sitting on the couch until about 10 pm, waking each other up and dragging ourselves off to bed by 10:15. We lead an exciting life.

Wooo-hooo! I scored some 2 for one coupons for the Amtrak train to the garden show in Seattle. First week in February. Can't wait.

Kiwonk
12-28-2004, 11:49 PM
We are intentionally leaving NC before we really have to in order to be home by New Year's Eve. Although we have NO PLANS. How dumb are we? :shrug: We actually thought DD would be itching to be home because the guy she is nuts about was supposed to be in town for Christmas through New Years but it turns out he's not. So I guess we are going home for nothing. We might be able to get to together with a few people, but I know DH is going to suggest we stay home. So, probably DD will get an invitation to someone's house and we will stay home and DH will fall asleep and I will be up surfing the internet. Who wants to party? :hat: Good grief, is there anything more pathetic than having to troll the internet for a New Year's Eve party? :twirly:

Kiwi

SugP
12-29-2004, 08:53 AM
No parties, no way. Much too old for that. The four of us will be doing the usual: fondue, but with broth, not oil because we are FAAAAAAAAAAAT, nice dessert, doughnuts and fireworks at midnight for the kids. Can't get Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve so will have to watch some other drivel on tv. Bedtime 12:10 a.m. I know you're all excited to come over and celebrate with us, aren't you? I went to a Doug and the Slugs concert once for New Years. Bleh. And once I was 7 months pregnant and held a dinner party for 10 people. Oof.

Oh Wabby! You're such a lucky duck to be able to go the Seattle Garden Show again. Maybe I'll actually get there some day. *sigh*

Peachy, that was wonderfully sweet of you to get your boss a gift "just because". That's what gift-giving should be like but it so often isn't.

Kiwonk
12-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Oh yeah. I used to actually invite friends over for a dinner and/or party on New Year's Eve too. I never went to a Doug and the Slugs concert, but I think I went to the NC equivalent...

Too bad you can't catch the "rockin" New Year's Eve, because I'm pretty sure that having Regis hosting it is going to make us feel like genuine old fogies. Like I used to think of my parents, watching what's-his-name. Can't think, too many small voices around me.

Gotta get packed and outta here. Y'all have a lovely couple of days. I'll be driving. And sitting.

Kiwi

SugP
12-29-2004, 04:13 PM
3 miles with Leslie today!! She perked me right up. I'm thinking of posting my mileage every week if that won't bore y'all too much. I know it would bore me all to h*ll, but I HAVE to lose this weight. I can do this, right?

Bagzz
12-29-2004, 06:07 PM
did i tole youse guys that i gots meseff three leslie tapes----they came in a handipack-----nows maybe i can loose some of this here wate.anyone want to buy any sponges???---oh---i am shocked and appalled that CHERRY and MUFFIE did NOT stop by to say Happy Holidays to us=-----aren't YOUSE all---------peachers---re=gift the present back to the boss next year---she won't bother you ever agin. :devil: :devil:

Wabby
12-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Bagzie! I was afeared you was stuck under a drift.

I'm so excited that ya'all are gonna be my Leslie walking partners. I walked 2 miles w/ her mesself this mornin'. And I was tahrd too.

Why are we talking like this???

Geez, Sugar, why are you asking our permission to bore us? I've been boring all of you w/ the Leslie report and I didn't ask permission. Now I know I've been boring you all to h*ll.

Regis hosting the New Years Eve celebration is a travesty. Dick Clark was always cool no matter how old he is. Regis was born uncool.

Kiwi, when you get home invite some ppl over for New Years. Make your own party.

High speed internet at my house would cost $55 a month. That's too much money for my cheap self to pay for!!!! I guess I won't be coming to you 24/7.

Cowpernia
12-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Wabinski ... you think Dick Clark is cool? Did you not see the Michael Moore movie about gun control? Go get it.

Also, I DEMAND that you all rent "Shaolin Soccer." It is completely funny and not very stupid. It's a Chinese movie by the way. Cheer you right up. Go get it.

Bagz, I should let you know that the "gift" way three "gifts." Two are appropropriate for Christmas displays and should go to you. One is silver and glass. One is glass. The other is a calendar. Paper. Don't go get it.

Does anyone else have this thing where they feel way good and so happy then ... depressed .. then happy again and nothing has happened?

Bye.

Wabby
12-30-2004, 03:15 PM
I think that is called that perimen*pausal thing, Peach.

I don't watch Michael Moore movies. I think he has a way of proving his point in an obnoxious and underhanded manner. Even though I may agree with many of his views, I don't like the way he manipulates ppl to prove a point. Re: Dick Clark's interview in his movie - http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/bowlingforcolumbine/scenes/clark.htm
I will get off my soap box now.

Leslie and I slogged thru 3 miles this morning.

Bagzie are your Leslie tape the "express" tapes? Do they come with a "stretchie" band?

Cowpernia
12-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Ok. ok. that scene is in the movie and I really didn't see it that way. Didn't you at least take offense at the "sausageesque fingers" remark?

Go get Shaolin Soccer. Nothing controversial there. Just plain funny and not juvenile. (not more than me anyhow)

SugP
12-30-2004, 04:02 PM
I certainly didn't mean that YOU bore us, darling Wabbilicious (and thanks for the darling card, BTW) I meant that I'd bore my little ol' SELF all to h*ll, I mean more than I do already. You keep posting that progress. Obviously it's working for you so I suppose it can work for me too.

Peachy, I have those up/down feelings ALL the time for absolutely no reason. And the terrible tragedy in Asia isn't doing much to improve my mood. :( :( Kicking the vacuum usually makes me feel a bit better.

I mailed p-cards to the herd today!! Can y'all believe it? And a Christmas parcel to the parental units. Slow as molasses, that's me.

Since dh has had his cold, he has been snoring *really* badly and the other night I just couldn't stand it any more so I leaped out of bed, grabbed my pillow and quilt and stomped off to the guest room to finally get some rest. So in the morning he says "What happened to you last night?" and I said, "You were driving me insane with your snoring so it was either leave or murder you in your sleep.", to which he replied, "Oh, uh, thanks. I guess." :smug:

Wabby
12-30-2004, 04:48 PM
And the terrible tragedy in Asia isn't doing much to improve my mood.Now that's something we all can agree on. Day by day the toll keeps increasing. It's hard to get your mind around those numbers.

So I'll just blather on about trivia----I'm sick of my regular fast food low calorie options. I don't want to go to Subway. I'm tired of a small Wendy's chili and salad. Maybe I'll just stop eating all together. It's just too hard to fix healthy food. Sugar, I don't know that the walking videos are working so far as making me lose weight, I'm trying to tell myself I'm doing it for my health benefits. It really does make me happier mentally, and I sleep better, and it's really not so bad. Besides DH said I was looking really good, and I said "I haven't really lost any weight lately" and he said "your shape has changed, though." See why I love him??? He occasionally will come up with just the right thing to say. :love:

We're closed here tomorrow, so if I don't manage to get back here, I just want to tell you lovelies Happy New Year!!!!!! :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: