Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 07:00 AM   #1  

Default Confused about phases

Is phase 2 a lifelong phase? Or is there something after phase 2?
Old 12-02-2004, 07:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

After Phase II, you go to Phase III. Do you have the book? I think it's explained in there but I don't have my copy handy.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:34 PM   #3  

I do not have the book, so if anyone could explain phase III it would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:33 AM   #4  

Default phase 3

My understanding about phase 3 is that you go into it when you have achieved your goal. I think it is a time when you test what you can add back and adjust accordingly. My son has added beer but only a few a week and not just for something to drink. Also you can watch what adds pounds and what is "just important enough" to have. I see the SBD as lifelong but have no intention of "never" eating things I want, just understand the results and adjusting accordingly.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:49 AM   #5  

Phase 1 is the "induction phase". You only stay on it for 2 weeks and it's basically designed to "detox" your system. No refined sugars, starches, etc. and even fruit is forbidden. This is all to rid yourself of cravings and to get your system ready for the real weight loss phase which is...

Phase 2. Slowly introducing the good carbs and good grains back in to get a good healthy balance of nutrients. This is where the real weight loss happens (with a few stalls thrown in just to keep it interesting LOL). You stay on Phase 2 until you reach your goal weight and then....

Phase 3. Lifetime maintenance. This is the way you will eat for the rest of your life. Basically it's Phase 2 except you allow yourself a few indulgences once in awhile like "normal" people. If you see a bit of an increase, you jump back to a strict Phase 2 for a few days.

During stalls it is tempting to go back to Phase 1, but they really do not recommend that because it is so limiting on the good carbs (grains, fruits). I have basically been in a stall for several weeks and it's frustrating ( I never cheat except maybe overdoing a portion size of SBD food). Doing the best I can to keep on keeping on here and waiting it out.

Last edited by halfame; 04-03-2005 at 11:52 AM.
Closed Thread