100 lb. Club - Weekly Move Yer Kaboose Thread 11/29 - 12/5

Sheila53
11-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Didn't see one so I thought I'd start it. Hope that's okay!

1 hour deep water aerobics
20 min. stretching
2 mile WATP

teapotdynamo
11-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Still feeling too run-down to work out. :( I'm hoping I'll be back in the game tomorrow morning!

barbygirl43
11-29-2004, 04:35 PM
I'm getting back into the swing of things starting today. I plan on getting in one mile of WATP tonight before preparing dinner. I'll strive for more later in the week.

mezmerize
11-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Monday
WATP 3 Miles & WATP 1 Mile
I want that Body SOF - 15 min. Program #1 Abs.
I'm also going to try and sneak in Arm & Abs Of Steel 2 tonight.

djs06
11-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Mon.

10 minutes stair master
20 minutes cross trainer
25 minutes upper body weight lifting
10 more minutes stair master

ouch :( i really noticed how much Ive been slacking today. All out of breath and sore and the like.

edit: JENNIFER, i just noticed your sig! congrats.

PamPSM644
11-30-2004, 01:59 PM
:jig: Today I upped my walk to a full 30 min,half of which is slightly uphill. :drill: I walk every day now,rain or shine. Bon Bon always comes with me but I also bring pepper spray just in case of stray dogs. There are a lot of Pit Bulls aound here and a couple blocks away theres a house where their Pit climbs the fence at will,My Bon Bon weights 16 lbs and wouldn't stand a chance.I feel safer with the pepper spray. :^:

Sandi
11-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Yesterday I REALLY didn't feel like going to the gym. Went anyway, but had a pretty wimpy workout.

10 min treadmill
10 min newstep

Had an average heart rate of 106. WIMPY!!!!!! :(

Tammy32
11-30-2004, 07:21 PM
Monday:

Walking: 5 miles
Back and Triceps: 30 minutes
Elliptical: 25 minutes

I'm still trying to kick whatever the heck it is I have. Hopefully I can do better at the gym tonight.

slimmingsi
11-30-2004, 07:26 PM
tai chi 30 mins. 5x2 min rounds skipping (jump rope)
20 push ups and 3x10 sit ups. tomorrow maybe a little walk or a jog.

teapotdynamo
11-30-2004, 07:28 PM
I still haven't been able to go. :( I'm afraid that whatever I've got is moving to my lungs (or at least bronchial tubes), so I've been terrified to work out. Unfortunately, I'm also scared of not working out. My hubby basically had to talk me out of going tonight because I miss it so much. I just have to keep remind myself that it's not forever, and I'll get back into it as soon as I can.

:(

Tammy32
11-30-2004, 07:35 PM
Jennifer, it sounds like you have the same thing I had. My husband pretty much had to let me know that I could not go for a couple of days because it was not going to improve how I was feeling. I missed it also. I was just worried that I would get out of the loop if I missed to many days thus making me flip out a little bit. I went back yesterday and it was rough. My chest was still hurting. I hope tonight goes better.

Sheila53
11-30-2004, 07:50 PM
Okay, so which thread are we posting exercise in? It would probably be better to stick with one thread. If we're doing it in this thread rather than the exercise thread started yesterday, perhaps Sandi can put the posts from the exercise thread into this thread?

1 mile WATP
20 min. stretching

Tammy32
11-30-2004, 07:57 PM
There is another exercise thread? Grrrr...I guess I did not notice.

lessofsarahtolove
11-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Hi everybody -- I've been out of town for a few days and, with the exception of like 3 minutes, without internet access......so sorry I didn't start the thread today! So there are TWO of them? Whoa, you guys go, starting the exercise threads! :lol: Really, thanks! :)

Once I get caught up on posts, I'll report on my exercise and everything else. Jennifer, I hope you feel better really soon, sweetie! :grouphug:

mezmerize
11-30-2004, 11:33 PM
I decided to post on both... does this mean I worked twice as hard?? ;)

Monday
I want that Body SOF - 15 min. Program #1 Abs.
I'm also going to try and sneak in Arm & Abs Of Steel 2 tonight.

Tuesday
I'm hoping to get the 15 min of I want that body in. I'm cutting it close.

lessofsarahtolove
12-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Mez, you ROCK!!! I'm so proud of you!!! Great job, my friend...... :D

Tammy32
12-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Tuesday:

Walking: 2 1/2 miles
Legs and shoulders (weights): 40 minutes
Elliptical: 35 minutes

I almost feel normal again. I think that I am almost well from being sick. I hope it stays gone.

Sheila53
12-01-2004, 03:13 PM
1 hour shallow water aerobics
20 min. stretching
2 mile WATP

Sandi
12-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Hmmmm...Did I do that?? (said in that Erckle voice). Sorry Sheila, I must have missed your thread and split out last weeks. Oooops!! They have been merged and now there is only one!!

Tuesday: Much better day at the gym last night.
3 min warmup
weights
25 min elliptical
5 min treadmill

mezmerize
12-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Wow everyone is doing GREAT!!!

Sarah You ROCK MORE!! ( Thanks it means alot)

Wed.
WATP 3 mile And WATP 2 mile
Once again I'm going to try and fit in I want that Body SOF Abs and to put a little kick Arm & Abs Of Steel 2 but I'm only going to do the abs part. Well I'm off to do just that

barbygirl43
12-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Tues: 8 mins. on step machine
30 minutes walking in place at home

Wed: 10 mins. on step machine
15 mins. walking in place

Sandi
12-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Wednesday:

25 min on treadmill - Average Heart Rate - 136

mezmerize
12-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Thursday.
WATP - 3 mile
WATP - 2 mile
WATP - 1 mile
Going to work on the Abs tapes again.

Sheila53
12-02-2004, 09:15 PM
3 mile WATP
20 min. stretching
biceps, triceps and shoulders

mezmerize
12-03-2004, 01:09 PM
WATP 3 Mile
Christmas party today!! I have ton lots to do!!

barbygirl43
12-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Thursday
10 minutes on stepper
20 minutes walking

Sheila53
12-03-2004, 05:44 PM
2 mile WATP
20 min. stretching

lessofsarahtolove
12-03-2004, 10:42 PM
3 mile WATP for me -- 6 lb. pair of Ironhands.

Annie-Rose
12-04-2004, 04:39 AM
I've joined a gym! Instead of Christmas presents I asked for cash and I've spent it on gym membership and some personal trainer sessions to get me started. Reading this thread was like reading a foreign language! I'm not sure what some of you are talking about but I am IMPRESSED! Here I go.....
(I'm going for my induction and assessment at the beginning of next week.)

mezmerize
12-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Saturday
WATP - 3 mile
WATP - 2 mile
WATP - 1 mile

Tammy32
12-04-2004, 01:51 PM
I need some suggestions. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this. When I am on the Elliptical and about 10 minutes into it my feet fall asleep. My husband thinks I am having poor circulation. At first I did not think so but I am inclined to agree. I basically am now doing it with my shoes untied and I still am having the problem. I thought it was my shoes so I got a new pair. Made them very loose also. It was worse. Any advice to what might be going on and how I can fix it? It's starting to really irritate me as the elliptical is my machine of choice for cardio. Thanks :)

Sheila53
12-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Shoot, Tammy, don't know what to tell you, but I hope someone can help with that problem. Must feel awful!

Today I did combo water aerobics for an hour, and then we're on our way to spend the night in a downtown hotel and do some shopping. At least I got my exercise in before I left!

teapotdynamo
12-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Funny that you mention this, Tammy, because it happens to everybody I know who does the elliptical (including me!). It's not you or your shoes -- I believe it results from pushing on the balls of your feet to propel yourself. Something I read somewhere that has helped me is that when it starts to happen, make a conscious effort to push through your *heels* instead. Another thing that really works for me when I'm doing intervals is to do a few minutes on the reverse setting. It also puts pressure on a different part of your feet and wakes them back up.

Give it a try -- hope it helps! It sure did for me.

Hope to be well and back on the exercise wagon MONDAY MORNING. I miss it so much!

Tammy32
12-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Thanks Jennifer, I was afraid I was having a medical problem. It does not happen to my husband, but I have watched him on it and he uses his heel much more than I do. I'm a slacker in that department. It makes the workout harder to use the heel more..hehe... Now I don't have a choice. I think that going backwards is a great idea. I will give it a try tomorrow for sure. I was going to get off midway and walk for a sec and work it out but that idea was not that appealing seeing that it would drop my heart rate considerably and that would not be the greatest considering I am doing cardio. You offered me some great advice..Thanks again :) :)

Sheila53
12-05-2004, 08:55 PM
1 mile outside walk
20 min. stretching
(and way too much fork-to-mouth exercise :( )

lessofsarahtolove
12-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Sheila, I too enjoyed a bit of a culinary workout --- someone that I thought loved me gave me some Belgian chocolates. ;) How could you NOT eat them if you had them in your possession??? I'm taking them to work with me tomorrow and giving the rest away.

As for exercise, alas I must report that I did only 20 minutes (6 miles) of HIIT biking today. Yesterday was shopping for 4 hours followed by a 6-hour round trip to a 7-hour party in NJ.....we didn't get home 'till almost 4:00 this morning. :tired:

Ah well, tomorrow's another day. :sunny:

mezmerize
12-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Sunday - UGH!!!!! Two of my nieces brought over Girl Scout double dipped chocolate covered peanuts and chocolate turttles and gummi berries. I was so so good the whole day then as it got later I popped one DDCC Peanut in my mouth. (you it doesn't hurt if you only eat one theory) Next thing I know I've had 5 eaten. (I told my kids to take them away)Not only did I lose control with that I had a hard time not filling up. I did eat healthy but way to much!! As for walking I went shopping but I didn't do enough to make a dent in what I ate!!
On a good note I did buy Xbox Yourself fitness after I read about it on a post here lastnight. I have a 15 min workout that I'm going to do today. AWWWWWWWWw feeling much better the sun is shining and it's a NEW DAY!!! I forgive myself for yesterday!!!

P.S. My husband had ordered these items when he wasn't dieting. (he's doing wonderful 20lbs loss) We still have an order to be delieverd from the little girl next door. :faint: I think I'll just quickly wrap them for teacher gifts.

teapotdynamo
12-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Mez, I've fallen for that trick many a time as well. I'm learning (slowly) that it's better not even to taste the darn things!

Well, I'm back in the exercise game after an illness that has just draggggged on forever. I had a harder time with cardio than I expected, but I did 35 minutes of upper body strength training and 10 minutes cardio warmup/cool down. I hope to add more cardio tomorrow, but I'm just so relieved to be able to go again!