Support Groups - The Bulging Beauties!

View Full Version : The Bulging Beauties!

Bulging2Much
11-30-2004, 08:41 AM
Since we've graduated to "support group," we've voted for a new thread. I'm off to bed. I was good at work, only water and one small pack of pretzals. However, I had my cheese & mayo sandwich with a glass of milk this morning for my "breakfast" (3rd shift people will eat anything at anytime). And I know it's not good to go sleep right after eating. Go gentle on my ladies. ;)

Lori, how did you make out? I'm curious to see how everyone else is doing as well. Have a great day.

umma
11-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Thanks for starting a new thread Sarge. I postedon the other thread before you (or while you) were doing this one, but from now on will post only here. To give you a summary, I lost 2 pounds this week. :D Well, going to do my workout that I wanted to have done already but was still drinking my coffee :coffee: . Will type to everyone later.

TTFN
Lori

Bulging2Much
11-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Great job, Lori. I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work!

umma
11-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Hello everyone,

I was sitting on the couch, getting bored, haven't started dinner yet, starting to get hungry, was thinking about munchies, and decided to come on here instead. :dizzy: When I am done here I am going to start dinner and stay away from the munchies. I figure if I write it to you then I have to stick to it....right? lol
Anyway, I did get a workout in today. Also cleaned the house. Not to fond of the water today becase I am cold already. I am just drinking it one glass at a time today instead of putting it all in a water bottle and looking at it all day/night, which I think is working better. About every hour or so I get a glass and drink it. Whatever works right?

Thank you Sarge for the encouragemnet. Thats what I needed to read to keep me away from the snacks. :D

HELP........ MY HUSBAND HAS GONE COMPLETLY NUTS AND IS TRYING TO KISS ME ALL OVER. :o Sorry he wanted some cuddeling time.

Now I am going to cook some dinner and relax on the couch and watch my shows. (Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill) Type to you later.

TTFN
Lori

ittybit71
11-30-2004, 08:33 PM
I just thought I would check in and say hi. Well, I asked my boyfriend to hide the scale. He keeps giving me crazy looks :dizzy: , I don't think he's taking me seriously.... :dz: He hasn't done it yet. But I'm going to keep on him about it.
Well, today I did better. No candy for breakfast! :smug: I had lean meats and salad and my South Beach approved ricotta desert all day. I did snack on some sunflower seeds, but I think they're ok? Does anybody know? I know they have fat and stuff but I'm under the impression that it's the "good" fat like in nuts. Oh, I also had a small hot chocolate :no: I don't think it'll kill my good intentions but it's still a no-no since I didn't make it myself the South Beach way. It's cold and rainy here today though, perfect hot chocolate weather! I know, I know, I've been lacking in the control dept. lately. I did really well for 3 weeks, and this is when I always start slipping. I'm trying really hard not to though (exept for yesterday!) and I've actually done better than usual talking to all of you. I'm so glad I found this group! :grouphug:
Congrats again on all the losses! And I hope everyone has a great night! I can do this! :strong: We can do this!

Lisa

ps. Sarge- I don't believe it. I came home and the first thing I did was weigh myself! :dunno:

ittybit71
11-30-2004, 09:24 PM
oops! I forgot. I also did an hour of pilates this morning-as per goal for the week.

Lisa

gfmomx6
12-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Good evening everyone! Lori, I have the same problem of munchies before dinner!! :o AARGGG! I wish it could just fix itself and I would stay out of the kitchen! ;)
I read a journal today of a lady who has lost 97 pounds and her writing made a lot of sense. She wrote that any day she stayed on program she made goal, any day she broke program she didn't make goal. She didn't set pound goals, or anything else, just staying on program. It makes a lot of sense except I would NEVER make goal!! I break some "rule" everyday!! :( :( Oh well, I am doing pretty good. I write down everything that I eat and I am getting some exercise. I bought some workout tapes and I am going to start doing them every morning. I got Walk Away the Pounds(thrift store 1.99!) and the beginners TaeBo(bought on eBay but haven't got it yet). I'll let ya'll know tomorrow how it goes!! :dizzy: (No I won't be doing both, just one at a time!!)

Brittney-Good job on the weight loss!! As for the water, I usually try for 100 oz a day. Yes, I spend alot of time in the bathroom!

Michelle-I hope you feel better soon. Don't push yourself on exercise or it will take longer to get better!

Sarge-Cheese and Mayo sandwich??? YUM!!!! One of my favs! I have weaned myself down to 1/2 and fatfree mayo, but the lower fat cheese just doesn't taste as good :mad:

Lori-Great job -2 is super! Sorry I never came back on IM the other day but hubby came home at lunch, said he was off till Monday and we skipped town fast as we could! (If something came up at work they would have called him back in!) I'll catch you again later-I have more questions!!
As for your post earlier-Doesn't cuddling burn some calories??!! ;) :lol:

Well I better get to bed so I can get up early and do some walking with Leslie Sansone!!

Peace,
Kathy

oldwriter
12-01-2004, 10:16 AM
:coffee: Hi found you! Had just put message on wanted support board. :)

umma
12-01-2004, 11:21 AM
How is everyone doing today? It is rainy and windy and chilly here and I just want to crwl back into bed, bring my daughter with me and take a nice nap. I know thats not going to happen because trying to get her to take a nap is like trying to get my husband to mop a floor.....impossible!! :lol:

Anyway, I am going to do another workout today. I really can't wait till Christmas. I am getting an ab roller and a glide machine (kinda like a tread mill). Then I can change up some of these exercises. Kinda getting tired of the tapes everyday. Wow I really am whining today huh? :( Ok enough of that.

Ittybitty-- you are doing great, keep up the good work. Remember why you started this in the first place. 3 weeks is a start, don't quit now. Think of good it will feel when you can say that you have been doing this for 10 weeks and by then it will be second nature for you. Really stay focused and come on here and we will help you. You can do this. And tell your B/F to put that scale somewhere that you can't find it and stop giving you crazy looks. It's for the better. WTG on the 1 hour od pilates.

Kathy--You said that you didn't think that you are sticking with a goal but somehow you must be sticking to something.You are losing weight and thats what counts. Your also doing it healthy. Keep up the great work. Hope you had fun with your hubby the past few days. My husband and I don't get to see much of each other right now with our conflicting schedules. As far as IMing me.....I am here all day long, on and off the computer, Probably more on then off, so you can IM me anytime. I will answer what ever questions you have. Oh and I am sure cuddling is burning calories. Do you think I can use it as an extra workout? :lol:

That goes for anyone. If you need to talk to someone and posting a note just isn't cutting it then look in my profile and IM me. Like I said I am here alot and only work wed, thurs, and friday nights.

Carol--Welcome to the new thread. I did read your other post and WGT on only gaining 1/2 a pound. NOt bad at all considering that you had company and Thanksgiving all in the same week. Keep up the good work.

Well, time to go do a workout, and I will "see" you all soon. Have a healthy day.

TTFN
Lori

Bulging2Much
12-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Hi everyone,

Lori, cuddling is considered an "extra" but you still have to do a regular workout! Nice try though. ;)

Kathy, I have Leslie's tapes, too. Maybe we'll have to walk together sometime. Read below and you'll see why.

Carol, I hope your sister is doing ok. I'd like to lose at least 50 by June. I have to plan my sister's 40th bday so I'll be seeing a lot of people from high school that I haven't seen in many years. The last time they saw me, I was 140. UGH. :mad:

Lisa, you have to tell you BF to get behind you. Don't let it deter you if he's not as supportive as he should be. Is there a friend or family member that would hide the scale? You need to get rid of it. Don't let it have that much power. I don't want you getting discouraged if you don't like the results you see. Besides, your weight will go up and down from water in a day. Stop the madness woman!!!

Ok, now for me. I've been in a major funk since getting back this past weekend. I haven't exercised at all. My side is killing me. I pulled a muscle or reinjured it somehow. I've been eating like :censored:. My water intake isn't meeting my goal. Basically, I'm not practicing what I'm preaching. Don't ask me why, but I tend to sabbatoge myself after we visit my family. I think I put so much pressure on myself. My family is very athletic and good looking. They've never said much to me but I know they worry. I also feel self conscience about how I look. I'm pretty much feeling like crap, both physically and mentally. I won't discuss my "party-girl" diet that I've been indulging in. I just want to keep up the exercise through the holidays. I can work on the diet thing in January. Is that a cop out? I feel like the wind has been let out of my sails. I had been doing so well. The good thing is that I'm still hanging around this group. :grouphug: I'd have bailed by now as I have in the past. I actually dreamed about having the surgery last night. I'm really too scared to do it. And as I said in the beginning, I don't want to do it. I want to accomplish my longterm weight loss on my own. I also said I was on a one-way road so I consider this a rest stop, not a U-turn. Ok, that's my whine fest. :stress: Help give me the kick in the butt that I need. Bring it on ladies. Thanks for letting me get that off of my chest.

I'm off to get a nap before work. I probably won't check in until tomorrow afternoon. My friend is watching my son so I can sleep tomorrow. :faint: :cb: Have a good night.

mrs.ladybug
12-01-2004, 07:56 PM
hey everyone...I just got done doing a 4 mile workout...I have leslie sansones tapes also. Now I am getting ready to fix dinner. I have 2 weeks till school is out. Thank goodness. Well ladies have a good evening. And keep up the good work.

And Sarge....I understand. I have a sister that can talk to wind out of your sails pretty quick!

ittybit71
12-01-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey everyone! How are we all doing today?
Rebecca- I'm about to give you a taste of your own medicine, so be prepared... :drill: YES! THAT'S A COP OUT! Are you listening to yourself? :blah: You're making excuses and you know it. And you don't need surgery! You can do this yourself! No rest stops allowed! I understand the thing with your thin family. My cousin who I'm very close to, is a size 6 and beautiful. I feel like a whale around her. But get over yourself, stop the self pity and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Ok, I'm done. :D :grouphug:
And by the way, I hid my own damn scale! I stuck it somewhere where it's a pain to get out and I haven't weighed all day. As to the rest of my day, I did good eating, I drank all my water, and I power walked for 50 minutes at lunch. Not too bad! I hope everyone else is having a great, healthy day! I've got to go put the kiddo to bed now. Have a good night Beauties!

Lisa

gfmomx6
12-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Come on lady!! Get with it! I know I've never "met" you, but I think if we knew each other we would be good friends, and I am not going to let a good friend talk herself into failing. We can do this without surgery, we can do this with each others support! We are strong women(we have children!!), we don't need someone to cut us open, staple our stomach and then tell us how much we CANT eat. We can do this, slowly, but we can do this. It is too easy to say "I can't do it", thats the :devil: talking. We knew when we started this wasn't going to be easy, that's why we came here looking for support. We are each others guardian :angel: :angel:'s
I had 2 mayo and :cheese: sandwiches today-no fatfree mayo either. But I am not going to beat myself up, take a break, or quit because of it. I'm going to get up in the morning and walk. For those of us with the WATP tapes, lets get going, this means you Rebecca! The more you exercise the more you will be working off the food indescretions. Just try to remember before you put something in your mouth that you shouldn't, you're going to have to walk a mile!!
With each pound I lose the more faith I have in myself. You have to have faith in yourself, or you'll never reach your goals. You have lost weight, you know how to do this, you CAN do this!! :coach: Now get walking lady!!
Have a good rest after work tomorrow and get refreshed. You're not at your parents house anymore, you are home. YOU are in control! Get your friend and go to Curves, get back in the groove!
:grouphug:WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! :grouphug: TOGETHER!!!!!!!

Peace,
Kathy

umma
12-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Rebecca, Rebecca, Rebecca.......Where do I start? I think the other ladies did a fine job telling you how it is. Did you forget that you LOST 2 pounds last week? Even with it being the holiday? Did you leave you head at your families house. What would you be saying if that was one of us telling you that? A rest stop??? I don't think so. You better get back on the road and keep driving to that one way trip to a thinner life. Do it for yourself. Do it for your kids. Do it for your life. A happier, healthier life.
NOW, GET ON TRACK!!!!! You know better then this. Your the one who attracted all of us here and started to get all of us motivated and your going to take a break!!!!! I DON'T THINK SO. You can do this! As of right now you need to get over yourself and come back down to reality. The first cop out is to take a break from the dieting thing. Then what? A break from exercising? Then, where are you going to be when January gets here? Think about it.....If you keep going on this journey with us then instead of being upset in January that you "took a break" you can be happy that you sticking with it and be proud of yourself.
So to end this if I hear another cop out story like that I will have to find you and make you do crunches till you come to your sences.
Seriously though, make the right choice.

TTFN
Lori

Bulging2Much
12-02-2004, 07:58 AM
I just wanted to let you know that I'll post later today after I've slept. You could say I'm sleeping on your comments. :D

Jenn, you're family is in my prayers.

bandit2
12-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi everyone :-)

Lori - I also like to watch Gilmore Girls, I can relate to it (I have a daughter who is 18 & is in 1st yr university) and was a single mom for a long time.

Kathy - I really like my WATP tapes as well. I find I stick with it better if I do them in the AM before work - if I wait until evening I usually find an excuse not to do it.

Rebecca - I hear you & know how you feel. I am an emotional eater & when things (especially bf) upset me I usually snack on "unfriendly" things. (BF leaves chips around the house & these are my worst downfall) I know it's stupid but in the moment I don't care & once I start eating them I cannot seem to stop until they are ALL gone.
Then I feel so guilty afterwards & don't understand why I keep sabotagging myself.
But get back on track - you will feel so much better. We need to do one day at a time and treat each & every OP day as a victory.

Brittney - WTG on that workout - good for you!

Lisa & Kathy - Nice motivating comments - we all need that. Good job on the walk.

It is nice to know we all have weaknesses & have support from each other. My bf does not support me at all in my effort to lose weight - he keeps buying lots of chips,
candies and other junk. I know he does not force feed it to me, but won't even make an effort to be supportive. He also needs to lose weight, but just rolls his eyes when I mention anything at all. Anyway, even whining from me.

Everyone - keep up the good work & talk to you soon.

umma
12-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Just a quick hello to bump our page to the top. No work out for me today. To many other things going on right now. Not bad things just busy. Getting the house ready for decorating, and putting the tree up. You know the age old tradition of cleaning and dusting before you can do anything. OK enough complaining.
Time to get ready for work. I will be checking back tonight to see how Sarge is dealing with all the posts and what she has decided. I'm sure I could bug her some more by saying that if she takes the time off maybe we all should. Then maybe she would realize its just a silly little hurdle that she has to get over in the next day or two and get back to the healthy living.
Well untill later.....

TTFN
Lori

gfmomx6
12-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Hi everybody, how are we all doing? Pretty good here, although I ate 2 fudge covered choc. chip cookies today :( I did walk the entire 3 miles this morning with Leslie, so I don't feel too bad! :^: It was much easier today than yesterday. Yesterday I had the woodstove in the living room burning and it was HOT, HOT, HOT!! This morning I let the fire go out first!! :D Yesterday I got to 2 miles, hoped to get to 2.5 today, but made the whole 3!! :D :D The most I've ever walked before was 2 so I am very happy with myself. Now if I can get my behind out of bed every morning, I could get this going!

Bandit2, I have the same problem, if I don't do it in the morning, it doesn't get done! That goes for everything in my house, dishes, laundry, housework, kids schoolwork...etc!! And I am NOT a very good morning person to start with :?: That should give you some idea of how much gets done in my house!!(not much some days!!)

I've read that if you do more exercise, the more energy you will have. It was true for awhile today. I did the miles before 9, kitchen before 10, laundry, schoolwork, almost everything I was supposed to get done. Then about 1 I ran out of gas!! Just couldn't get anything else done. I didn't even really cook dinner, just fried some hot dogs for the hubby and kids, warmed up some soup for me and threw some salad on the table. At least they were all happy! Maybe you have to work up to lots of energy??

Sarge, where are you? I hope we weren't too hard on you, but you deserve it. You deserve the best for yourself, and taking a detour on this road is NOT the best. Now, get up and start this race again!!

Carol, glad you found us! Good job on only a little gain, it can be so much worse during the holidays. (Although you know that seeing your brothers gain!!)

Jenn, your son and your family are in our prayers. Remember to take care of yourself!!

Everyone else--Where are you???

Hope everyone has a great night and a healthy tomorrow.
Peace,
Kathy

ittybit71
12-03-2004, 01:47 AM
Just wanted to check in and say I'm still here. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow. It's 1 am and I'm heading to bed after getting ready for my Macroeconomics final I'm taking tomorrow. :faint:

Goodnight! :grouphug:

Lisa

Bulging2Much
12-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Hello Ladies,

Well, I'm back. No, you didn't scare me off but nice try anyway. So Lori didn't like my "rest stop." And apparently no one else did either. Geez, I can't get away with anything. The good news is that I'm planning to do some sort of exercise today. I don't know what. Ok, how about this. I'll start with Leslie's one mile. I'm hoping to get back to Curves on Monday since my side is doing better. It's only been a day and I don't want to mess it up. So I'll give it the weekend before I start resistance training again. I thank you all for your words of "encouragement" of whatever sort. :)

Now for you. Kathy, good job with walking. Don't beat yourself up about the cookies. That's great that you did the entire 3 miles. Oh, I have a new site for you all to check out. A dear friend, met through this site, turned me on to it. It's called Fitday.com. It keeps track of your daily nutritional intake. It may be helpful for some. Lisa, I'm glad you hid the scale. Although, you still know where it is. But remember how silly you'll look trying to go through all of the trouble getting it out. I used to be on it everyday. But since I've started here, I'm only on it on Mondays. That's been a huge positive change for me. Brittney, keep up the walking! Jenn, how are you doing? How's your family making out? Any news yet? Bandit, I'm worried about the lack of support from your BF. Why do you think he's not supportive? Does anyone else have this problem? My husband is my best cheerleader, however, I'm driven by all of you gals, too. Kathy, you're right. You all are my:angel::angel:. I know he doesn't force you to eat those things. But by not understanding your efforts and having the stuff around, it sets you up for defeat. Did you say if he needs to lose weight? Perhaps he's a little upset that he doesn't have the self-motivation that you do. It would be so hard if I didn't have my husband's support. Just something to think about.

Ok, gotta get going. Thank you again to all of you. I feel your friendship and support coming through my screen. Have a great weekend.

OH! New challenge...:drill:25 crunches for everyone! No excuses! I want them done the day you read this.

Take care and thanks for setting me on the road again. I'm grateful to you all. You're all remarkable women. :yes:

luvinmom
12-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi all, I have barely skimmed all the post I've missed, but if I wait until I have time to read everything I'll never post again.
My son has mono. The quick test came back negative, but the tubers? came back with high numbers and doc said that he is definitely infected. The other test all came back okay. She said my 6 yr dd will probably get it, but my younger 2 shouldn't be infected and neither should daddy or I. I wonder though. I've been sluggish for 2 weeks, coughing, sore throat, and remember those dizzy spells? There back with a vengence. Does anyone have any experience with mono? I've got a 'handout' on it, but it doesn't say much at all.

Now for me, I've reached 190!! One more measly pound and I will have broke my first goal!

I've got a ton to do and little energy/time. I'm going to go get busy, starting with some crunches.

Jenn

raindancer1
12-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Hello Beauties! This is the Mild Manned Captain Coconut. Nice to meet you all, and wish that we all meet our goals. Now listen up, troops: BACK OFF OF SARGE! While I agree that she needs to be told the truth, and given support, can't we do it NICELY? You guys have no idea what an angel this lady is. She is the one who makes me hide/ignore my scale, keeps me focused and positive, and makes me do 100 push-ups when I stop smiling. I am not sure what this whole discussion is all about, but pleeez be nice to Drill Master Rebecca.

Look, I have one daughter who whines when she cannot fit into her size 3 jeans; she was the youngest contestant in Ms. Universe a few years back and placed 12. She was also 1st runner in Mrs. Florida; she was Ms. American Virgin Islands when a senior in highschool. Do I give one hoot? No, she loves me, and so does everyone else in the family, all of whom are small framed and normal in weight. Rebecca, we will give you support, whatever you need...and the ladies will not yell at you.

Your buddy under the coconut tree, Cathy

ps...this new forum(?) is the bomb. Congrats to all we graduates!
pps...those of you who have not tried Fitday.com: DO IT, that is an order from Capt Coconut. An eye opener and reality check in black and white about calories, etc.

Bulging2Much
12-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Oh, my carzy coconut. You're too much! Don't worry, I'm a big girl (emphasis on BIG) and can take it. In fact, it's what I asked for and what I needed. It's worked and my frame of mind is much better. Besides, if I dish it out, I'd better be able to take it, correct? I appreciate everyone's words, sweet and sour. :D You have to take the bees to get to the honey.

Jenn, lightbulb moment for you with the dizzy spells. You better take care of yourself and your family. I hope the recovery is speedy for all. At least you know it isn't leukemia, correct? That's a relief. Congrats for reaching 190!!!!! ;) Way to go.

Just for the record, I had my 1-mile walk with Leslie this morning. I also did 25 crunches and 5 leg lifts. That may not sound like a lot but I could feel it a little in my side so I took it easy. But watch out for more challenges. :devil:

OK, I hope you all have a good day. I'm anxious to hear how everyone is doing. Take care.

Fondly,

gfmomx6
12-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Hi Capt. Coconut :wave:
Don't get us wrong :no: , we love our :drill:!!! She is the :queen: beauty here! We just give her what she gives us-encouragement. A little tough love, if you will! These are her words from her first ever post on Support Wanted: "I'm great at making excuses. So don't let me get away with anything! I'm giving you permission to let loose on me, if needed." I think that applies to all of us, sometimes we just need that extra kick in the lazy behind--I know I do :lol:

Sarge-Good to hear you're getting back in the groove, take it easy though, don't want to hurt your side anymore.

Jenn-Great news on your son. Praying it passes QUICKLY and no one else gets it.(have your Dr test you!!) Remember to keep taking care of yourself!

Lisa, Lori and Bandit2-Keep up the good work!

I did another 3 with Leslie this morning-I really like this workout. I have read that you should mix things up in your workout, so I hope my TaeBo tape will get here soon. I also asked my hubby for some weights for Christmas(I know he wants them too, so I think I'll get them!!) He has lost a total of 9 pounds in 3 weeks!

Have a great evening, see you all tomorrow!

Peace,
Kathy

Bulging2Much
12-03-2004, 05:34 PM
I hate when my own words are used against me. :p

ittybit71
12-04-2004, 12:10 AM
I just wanted to check in. I'm very tired after my late study session last night. I've only been getting about 4 or 5 hours of sleep all week and last night only about 3. I'm exhausted. :tired: I was even too tired to fight myself today and I had Chinese food for lunch.... :eek: I feel so yucky and full now though I'll be right back on track tomorrow! I even have heartburn! yuck! I didn't get any exercise in either. Yet. I'll be doing those crunches before bed.
Sarge- I'm so very happy to hear your back on track! :cb: I hope I wasn't too hard on you. But it sounded to me like you needed it. And I wasn't "yelling" Cathy, I was just being forceful, trying to snap Sarge out of her "woe is me" thing. It seems to have worked. :D I think it's very sweet of you to be watching out for her though.
Kathy- Way to go with the walking! Keep it up!
For Lori and Brittney and Alysia and bandit2 and Cathy and anyone else I may have forgotten - I'm sending you all positive thoughts and group hugs! :goodvibes :grouphug:
Well ladies, I'm off to get some much needed sleep. Talk to you all soon!

Lisa

ittybit71
12-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Oh, and Jen! Great news! Congratulations on the weight loss!! We're very proud of you!

umma
12-04-2004, 12:58 AM
Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days but work is kicking my butt with overtime. Ok more about me later.....

Kathy, 3 miles two days in a row? :cp: WTG Sounds like your kicking butt. Keep up the great work. Oh and tell Hubby cograts on the 9 pounds as well.

Sarge, welcome back!!! I knew you would come to your sences. ;) Sorry to hear that your side is still hurting. Hope you feel better soon :flow2: . By the way, I did the 25 cruches today, as well as an extra 20. My husband was teasing me telling me if I didn't do the crunches before work he was going to come on here and post a note to you all telling on me (he knew that I wouldn't do them after work) then he told me to do an extra 20 so I did those ones for him.

Jenn, As silly as this sounds, I am so glad its only mono, and not something more serious. You and your family are still in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Please get yourself checked out. Sounds as if you might have it as well. And by the way..... :bravo: on getting to 190. You must be so proud of your self. I know we are all proud of you. That 1 pound will be gone in no time. Keep up the great work.

Lisa, sounds like you could use some rest. I think you may have paid enough for that chinese without us "yelling" at you. Just remember how you felt afterwards and think about that the next time you go to eat it.

Ok, as for me, I didn't do a regular workout yesterday or today. I did do the 25+20 crunches today though. See, I work in a convenience store as a shift manager and I am on my feet for 6 to 8 hows walking at a pretty fast pace all night, so I figure that is a good excersice. I really should get one of those pedomiter thingys and see just how much I actually walk on work nights.
Maybe santa will bring me one. Is anyone else hoping for anything impiticular? I am hoping for a few things. My gazelle is definitly one of them, and an ab machine thingy.
As far as eating I am doing pretty good. I am staying in my points for the day but i personally think I could be making better desisions when it comes to food I think its that time of the month soon because I am craving chocolate ALOT latly. Plus I am more sleepy. Oh well, I will get through this.
Well enough for now. If I don't go to bed the kids will find me here with my head on the keyboard sleeping.
I will "talk" to you all tomorrow. Start the day int he morning with a smile and the knowledge that you can overcome anything......even this. :cb: Hugs to all :grouphug: , and to all a good night :wave: . (I'm tired can you tell)

TTFN,
Lori

luvinmom
12-04-2004, 07:29 AM
Quick Q, Lori. Craving chocolate and extra sleepy? Are you pregnant?? With babe 2 I was craving pickles and so tired I could hardly stay awake for more the 5 hours at a time! It started really early to, before I was due to start my cycle.

ambytes
12-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Hello Everyone!

I've been lost! I couldn't figure out how to find the new thread. I know I know it was simple, but I guess I'm getting old...LOL Haven't read all the posts to get caught up I have some exciting new to report! After gaining 2.8 pounds after Thanksgiving I am very happy to report that I weighed in at my WW meeting this morning and had a lose of 6 pounds!!! Yes! 6 pounds! :cb: :flow1: I'm doing the happy dance! I know we usually tell our totals on Mon., but since I weigh in at WW on Sat. I couldn't wait.

Now I'm trying to plan ahead. Does anyone have a really good low cal. cake receipe they will share with me? Its my B-day the end of this month. If I don't make a cake I know my hubby will buy one and once it gets here I know I'll give in. Its a weakness I haven't gotten over yet. Oh and I"m happy to report hubby is doing better about not bringing junk food into the house. Maybe if I keep reminding him and thanking him for being good, he'll keep it up.
I hope everyone has a good weekend.

mrs.ladybug
12-04-2004, 10:32 AM
alysia - it is my birthday today!!! lol when is yours? And yes a nice recipe would be appreciated. My family party is sunday! Oh yeah glad to hear your hubby is doing better. So is mine once I explained that it is like poison to me and keep reminding him if we want a babdy this is what I have to do.

Well ladies I walked around 3 miles yesterday. ahubby and I went to a christmas festival and walked the whole length of it twice!!!!

I have been doing good. Glad to have you back sarge. I have only been here a week and I love your posts!!! (And everyone elses) My wedding ring almost fits again!!! I havent been able to wear it for a few months! :-(

Have a fabulous weekend ladies!!!!! Make it a h ealthy one. Oh and I will be doing 25 crunches today.

umma
12-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Jenn, I understand how it sounds that I could be pregnant but I really am not. I am on that depo shot for birth control. Which is one of the reasons for some of the weight gain. It really is that time of the month for me and thats where the chocolate craving is comming from. Not to mention, I am a chocolate freak anyway. As far as being tired, work has been keeping me till about 2 or 2:30 in the morning and by the time I get home and get to sleep its about 3:30 to 4:00 am and I have to get up at 7:00 am to get my son to school.
Thank you for your concern though.
Wow....I just rambled that didn't I? Sorry but the thought of another child right now is not a good thing for us. We are cramped where we are living right now. If we had another baby it would have to sleep in the bathtub or something. lol ;)
Anyway, thanks again for the concern, but no baby for me. Just an over worked, undersleeping, mom of a school child and a 3 year old. I don't know how you all do it with more then 2 kids. God Bless you.

TTFN
Lori

umma
12-04-2004, 12:23 PM
:hb: :gift: :goodvibes :balloons:

Happy Birthday Brittney. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Glad to hear that your hubby is behaving. And WTG with the 3 miles yesterday. Soon enough that ring will be on and comfortable.

Alysia-- :bravo: :cb: :cp: Great Job with the 6 pounds. Thats awesome. I bet you feel great. Very proud of you. I bet that 2.8 was just water weight from Thanksgiving and all the salt intake. Keep up the great work.
I am also glad to hear that your hubby is behaving as well.

Jenn-- I just reread what I wrote and I am sorry if it sounded like I bit your head off. I just really can not have another baby right now. Again, sorry.

I am off to do a workout, and then go clean up the garage so I can get to the christmas decorations. I will be back on later. Hope all has a great and healthy day.

TTFN
Lori

gfmomx6
12-04-2004, 02:01 PM
Another COLD morning in Idaho! I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, so I didn't! Until about 9:30!! So no exercise today, but I have done my 3 days this week. I also received my TaeBo tape yesterday, I can't wait to try it! :workout:

Brittney-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :hb: Hope you have a great day!! :sunny:

Sarge-Don't you hate it when your words come back and bite you!! My kids do it to me all the time, it was fun to do it to someone else! :devil: No, I haven't done my crunches yet, but I will before I jump in the shower!

Alysia-So happy you found us! :dancer: SUPER GREAT job on the -6 lbs!! That is awesome! :cheer:

Jenn and Lori-GET SOME REST! :rollpin:

Well it's crunches and shower time. Then we are putting up our decorations
:spin: :dizzy: 5 kids and me! :faint: Maybe I should wait till dad gets home? :lol:

Ladies-Behave! Be Healthy!

Peace,
Kathy

bandit2
12-04-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi everyone - just a quick note to say I am off to Vegas until next weekend.
Leave tomorrow right after my breakfast with Santa. Everyone, keep up the good
work & I will talk to when I get back.

gfmomx6
12-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Just wanted to say I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Bandit2-Have fun in Vegas! Wish I could go with you! I used to live in Nevada, don't want to live there again, but would be nice to take a break and go to Vegas for a week. Maybe someday! 10 or so years from now!! LOL!

Good night everyone!

Peace,
Kathy

ittybit71
12-04-2004, 11:35 PM
Brittney! Happy birthday! :hb: And Alysia! Wow!!! You go girl!! :cp: :cb: :dancer: :encore: :cheer: :goodscale 6 lbs!!
Everyone else seems to be doing very good too! I'm very proud of all the exercise I'm reading about. And Lori, we need more sleep! :tired:
I had a good day today. I ran 3 miles this morning and did a 15 minute tae-bo tape tonight. I love tae-bo. I've been doing it for 5 years though, which is why I'm trying pilates. I drank most of my water too and kept the food within limits. I'm still tired though. AND I still haven't taken that stupid test. There's always too long of a wait. Today there was almost a 3 hour wait at the testing center so I'm going to be going down first thing tomorrow again. It's so frustrating! I just want to get this last test done with and I'll have 5 weeks off of school till next semester.
Well ladies, I'm still pretty tired so I'm going to go relax and watch a movie and turn in. Everyone stay strong! :strong: WE CAN DO THIS!!

Lisa

PS. Hey Sarge! I've still stayed off the scale! :D

ambytes
12-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Ms. Ladybug
Happy Birthday!!! :hb: :hat: :gift:
my birthday isn't until Dec.30th. that is why I'm looking for a receipe for a cake. Trying to think ahead. With my b-day being so close to Christmas I usually gain about 5 to 10 pounds!! :fr: Really blow it this time of the year. But planning on staying in my WW points and losing this year.
Hope you have a Happy and Healthy Birthday.

Lori,
You need to tell your boss to give you a break. The holidays can be stressful enough without working such a crazy schedule. I don't know how you do it. Plus exercising, trying to lose weight and being on here giving others support. Your amazing!

Bandit2,
Hope you have a great time in Las Vegas, hope you win big!!

Lisa,
Good job staying off the scale!! And good luck on your test.

Well I'm off to bed...good night all!

mrs.ladybug
12-05-2004, 10:53 AM
lisa what are you studying in school? Or do you work in a school?

Well ladies you are fabulous. I had a wonderful birthday!!!Just relaxed, spent all afternoon lazing around the house watching movies with my husband and working on my sisters christmas present!

Today is my family party. It is combined for my and my sisters husband (they married in April) I know it is stupid but he doesnt even seem to like us. He throws fits. Is sarcastic and rude and I have to share my birthday month with him. But then my own mom doesnt even try to get a cake or something I can eat. So I cant have dinner (she tried to talk me into just having a little, it couldnt be that bad) and then she did HIS favorite cake and did get some no sugar added ice cream but didnt check the fat content. Depending on how good I am today I can have a small scoop. But she was saying yes you can have the ice cream, well maybe, oh no...I am sure you could have a least a small scoop in a small cup! GEE WHIZ!!! ok I am done ranting and raving now....

My husband is being very supportive and so is my sister in Utah.. and you guys have been awesome!!!!!Hope everyone has a healthy, restful sunday!!!

umma
12-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Good morning Beauties,

I am rested and ready to go.

Kathy-- How did it go with the decorating yesterday? I bet everything came out very pretty. Did you wait for your hubby to come home? I think I would have. ;) Don't worry to much about not getting the workout in yesterday. You have made your 3 for the week and you should be very proud of that.

Bandit-- I know you probably won't see this till you get back but I just wanted to say have a good and safe trip to Vegas and win LOTS of money.

Lisa-- WTG :dancer: on your 3 miles and taboe yesterday. NOW GO TAKE THAT TEST :rollpin: And good luck on it.

Alysia-- Your going to do fine this year with your birthday and Christmas. When you plan things out and stick to your plan you almost always have very little to no gain and sometimes even a loss of weight. Your strong and can do this. So just keep planning and you'll be fine. ;)

Brittney-- I'm sorry to hear that your not to happy with your brother in law. Maybe since he is new to the family eveyone just wants to please him. You can go to the party with a plan as well. Bring things that you can eat, fill up on them and then just have a small amount of the other stuff. You can do this. Besides your hubby will be there to help you and he is on your side supporting you. I have a sister that is just like your mom. On Thanksgiving she was angry that I wouldn't just forget about WW and eat what ever I wanted. Little did she know I was eating everything I wanted just in smaller amounts.

Is Sarge missing again?

As for me.... I am well rested today and ready to do a work out. My daughter and I had a day together yesterday and it was pretty fun. Started out by doing laundry (not much fun) but then we (just me and her) went to dinner together. Then we came home and had a slumber party in the living room. Since she is only 3 she didn't make it very long but managed to stay up long enough to play a little bit. Then we snuggled on the couch and watched cartoons till we fell asleep. My husband got up for work and left us on the couch lol. All in all it was a good time and we both got sleep.
I am also off of my chocolate kick (for about another 3 1/2 weeks anyway)
I am feeling pretty possitive today.

Well ladies, I am off to do a workout, and clean (again) And since I have so much energy today maybe I will do another extra 25 crunches. Anyone with me?

I will type to you all later. Have a healthy day.

TTFN,
Lori

ittybit71
12-05-2004, 11:31 AM
:coffee:
Brittney- Right now I'm going after my 2 yr. Business Associates degree and I'm not sure yet what I'm going to go for as my 4 yr. degree. It's taken me 5 yrs to get this far (I work full time as an Accounting clerk for the state, raise a child, and go to school part-time), but I should have my 2 yr done the end of next yr. I was going to go for an Accounting degree, but after taking 15 hrs of Accounting courses I decided I didn't want to do that and changed over to the BA degree. I used to be a hairstylist, which was fun, but there was no insurance etc. and my hands started getting bad on me. I still do it on the side. So now I'm 33 and going back to school. I appreciate it more now though that I'm older. Except for this stupid Macroeconomics course! That's what my final is for today. I'm going to get there right when the testing center opens and hopefully I can get in. I couldn't wait yesterday cuz I had to go over to my mom's and do my little sister's hair (and 2 of her friends) for a high school formal dance. And today, I'm sending you :goodvibes and just tell your mom, gently, "I could eat that. But I'm not going to." And stay firm! Bring something for yourself to eat that's allowed. I always make my low-carb cheesecake for things like this and I'll eat that. And sharing your b-day with your brother-in-law? :no: My family does the same thing for some of the idiotic men in my family. I think it's just their generation. The women bend over backwards to try to please the men.
Well, I made my son my homemade pancakes this morning and I only had a couple of bites instead of a plate of them. That's going to be my breakfast. I hope everyone is having a good morning! I need to go look over my stuff for my test. I'll check in later! And Alysia, I promise I will send those recipes today! I'll look for a cake one too. Have you tried looking online? You can find a lot of good recipes. Bandit2, I'm jealous. I went to Vegas last year with 2 girlfriends and had a blast! Wish me luck everyone!

Lisa

SW-210
CW-202
Mini goal- 180

mrs.ladybug
12-05-2004, 12:38 PM
lisa.. I was an accounting major for several years... ( i also work fulltime and go to school part time, I dont have kids but I have a husband that is just as bad!!lol) I am now majoring in Special Education!!!

That is what I tried to tell me mom, low carb cheesecake sounds good. but I am on a lowfat, no/low sugar diet. It is hard to find things (sweets) I can eat!

Good luck on your test. When I was in accounting I tried to take that class and I dropped it! lol

luvinmom
12-05-2004, 09:36 PM
Quickly checking in, I'm trying to conserve what energy I have doing the million and one things around the house that need to be done. I'm not eating a whole lot right now, so if nothing else this illness might break my platau (mom always told me to look for the positive) , however my throat is hurting horribly and ice cream feels so good... I'm eating more ice cream than I would normally, but I eat little at a time, so hopefully it isn't adding up to badly.

Lori, don't sweat it, I had that same panicky "no way it can't be, uh-uh, no way no how" feeling a few weeks ago when I had those dizzy spells. I thank God for my little ones, but for the first time since I got married I honestly hope I don't get pregnant in the near future. I want to lose weight first and I have a lot of projects I'd like to finish and get off my plate before I have baby #5.

Didn't someone mention that they were trying to conceive? It was on the other board, but I can't remember who said it. I'm to wiped to go hunt for it. I'm not trying to get pregnant, but one of the reasons I'm trying to lose weight is so I start the next pregnancy out healthier.

Thanks for all your prayers, I'm doing pretty good considering. I'm enjoying following along with you guys on your journey. Sarge hit a low that I've seen/felt many times myself. The tough love and support given to her really made me think about my own struggles. Thanks for being so honest and then willing to take the rebukes.

I've got to get back to bed. Keep up the good work! 6 pounds! 3 miles! Amazing. You guys are my inspiration!

Jenn

By the way, I don't have a cake recipe, but I do know you can trade applesauce for the oil in a recipe and cut back on fat/cals. I tried it in brownies a few weeks ago and it was so good. They were so much better than usual.

mrs.ladybug
12-05-2004, 10:28 PM
jenn yes I am trying to conceive but decided to lose some weight first and to manage my pcos first.

Well I did fab at the party. I ate what I could. Stood my ground and explained to my mm about PCOS (I hadnt told her yet) and she totally understood. And was a lot more supportive. Then I fiddles around with a brownie recipe and used unsweetened applesauce and splenda and whole wheat flour...not bad!! All in all it went good. I had more patience with my brother in law and he half way behaved!! it was a good night. I am anxious to weigh in tomorrow!!

Have a good/healthy night

ittybit71
12-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Hey everyone! I finally got that stupid test over with! :cb: I am soooooo happy! I had to wait 4 hours to get into the testing center. It's been really bad trying to get tests taken this semester for some reason.And I think I did well enough to get a "C" in the class. This teacher grades really weird. But if I have things figured out right, I only needed to get 10 questions right to get my "C" and I got 33 right, so....
Jenn, you sound so sick! I think ice cream and popsicles are perfectly alright for your sore throat. Especially if you're not eating much else. You poor thing. I really hope you feel better!
Brittney and Alysia- aren't angel food cakes supposed to be more low-cal, fat etc? You could make it with Splenda so it was sugar-free too. That's how I make my cheesecake. I wish I could be more help, but I'm not much of a cake eater.
Ok, I'm off to send Alysia some chicken recipes. But before I go, I have an example of how much it helps me to be on this site with you all. While I was waiting to take my test, I left for a minute to go get something to eat. And instead of going to KFC and getting some really bad wings or a sandwich, I went to McDonald's and got a salad instead because I thought about you ladies. :grouphug: Everyone stay on track tonight! Don't forget tomorrow is weigh in time!

Lisa

gfmomx6
12-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi everyone,
How has your weekend been? Mine went okay. We went out to lunch and grocery shopping after church. I picked LOTS of low fat/healthy food for our meals and snacks so I think I'll do okay. I didn't buy any junk except some pies in the freezer for Christmas. I will be making everyone eat light/fatfree whip cream on the pies!
Lunch wasn't wonderful, but it wasn't terrible! We went to my fav mexican restaurant, but I didn't order my fav or have the buffet! I'm very proud of that! I had a chicken taco salad w/rice and beans, sour cream and guacamole. I had chips and salsa also. I think the worst part was the chips and I ate the fried flour tortilla bowl. I know I shouldn't have!! :o Well, I'll see how bad it was on the scale in the morning!! I feel really good about most of the week though.

Lori-Your slumber party with your daughter sounds fun, I'll have to do that with my girls! We didn't get the decorations up yesterday :( we had a pipe break underground outside my husbands garage, so we have water(and ice-it's COLD here!!) across my parking area. He had to bring the backhoe and dig a long trench across my driveway, then dig with a shovel to get to the pipe and cap it off. Soooo, we didn't get anything else done! Hopefully tomorrow will be calmer!(not usually around here, but I can hope :dizzy: )

Lisa-Good luck on the test! How long does it take for you to get the results back?? Now you can take a break for awhile!!

Jenn-Take it easy! Did they ever test you? Rest, rest, rest!

Brittney-Great job at the party. Maybe now that you've explained things to your mom things will get easier? I also have pcos and I have 6 kids. Not everyone is so lucky but I will tell you-it definitely helps to lose weight. My friend now has 3 and it was the same for her. We both tried and tried and when we lost weight together, we both got pregnant. I hope you have the same luck!!

Well, it's bedtime! I have early errands to run in the morning :mad: Although I know I will much rather stay in bed where it is warm!!

Peace,
Kathy

See you all tomorrow at the weigh in!! Don't forget to make your new goals for next week!

ittybit71
12-06-2004, 07:34 AM
Starting weight- 210
Last weeks weight-202
weight for the last 3 weeks-202
today's weight- 202 :(

(Big sigh)

Lisa

ambytes
12-06-2004, 10:27 AM
SW: 302.2
CW: 292.4
total loss 9.6

I plan to exercise more this week and drink more water.

Lisa,
Hang in there, the numbers will come down. You problaby have put on some muscle and it weighs more then fat. Have you measured yourself?

umma
12-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Good morning everyone,

It is monday and the dreaded day to weigh in. ;) How did everyone do this week? Did everyone meet there goals? I didn't :o . I know thats terrible right? But I have excuses. Will they get me out of trouble? Probably not right? Ok so I don't have any real good excuses but I tried. I only did 2 out of the 3 to 4 workouts I wanted to do. Although I did stay on my food points all week I could have made better choices. I also did get all my water in every day, so that is a plus. I think I just got into a funk this week. I am promising to do better this week.

My goals for this week is to (as always) get all my water in, Make much better choices with my food selections, and to at least get 3 (hopefully 4) workouts in. I am also going to get calcium in this week. Everyone is saying that 2 to 3 servings of calcium a day helps you to lose weight faster. I do get 2 in most days but I am going to make it everyday this week.
I have my WW meeting tonight so I will have to get back to you with my weigh in for today after I get home. Although I bet if I look hard enough I could find that stupid little metal box they call a scale and tell you earlier what I weigh but that would just make Sarge give me more crunches to do.
Oh yea I think I may add crunches to my list of goals, or I will just make it an extra. Yea I think I will just make it an extra for this week. Maybe next week I will make it a definite goal.

Jenn--Hope you and your family are feeling better soon. Its terrible to be that sick. Especially with the holidays here. Eat your ice cream and don't feel bad about it. Anything to make your throat feel better right now is a plus.

Brittney-- Congrats on doing so well at the party :cp: . You should be proud of yourself. We are proud of you. Maybe now that you explained to your mom about your problem things will be better. I am happy that you ahd a good night and your brother in law didn't bother you to much.

Lise--YEA.. :cb: no more test worries for now. I bet that take alot of pressure off your shoulders. And please don't get discouraged with no loss this week. You didn't gain and thats always a good thing. Are you getting your water in. It really does help. By the way, very good job with getting the salad instead of the KFC. Glad we could help.

Kathy-- Your luch sounded yummy. :T and yea the chips could have been one of the things that you could have left behind, but you are doing so well that a treat is not going to hurt you. Sorry to hear about the pipe breaking. Sounds like it was a pain in the butt. Now is not the time you want something like that to happen. But its all fixed now right? I hope so at least.

Well, ladies I must go for now. I will be back on later tonight to let you all know how I did on the scales. Have a funfilled, happy, and healthy Monday.

TTFN,
Lori

umma
12-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Alysia, you posted while I was writing. Hope you ahve a great week as well. did you lose all that weight in this past week????? thats a great start. Keep up the gret work. Have a great, healthy day.

TTFN, Lori

umma
12-06-2004, 09:08 PM
Just wanted to post a quick note to let you all know how I did. Somehow, someway, I lost 2 pounds this week. Go figure..... I really thought I didn't lose anything. But I did. So, YEA for me.

Well I must go spent some family time. I will type to you all later.

Lori

ittybit71
12-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Hey Beauties, I'm back. And I'm feeling renewed after this morning's disappointment. My goal this week is to stick to my diet! :lol: Apparently I have an evil metabolism who doesn't like me to have hot chocolate. Tomorrow I'm making my diet allowed kind, if I can't control myself.I'm also going to have another goal of 2 pilates workouts during this work week added to my usual 5 days of walking/running at lunch. And then my usual weekend workout.I met my goals last week with the water and workouts.
Alysia- I don't think it's muscle weight. I've been working out for 6 years, usually 5-6 days a week. I alternate between tae-bo, walking, running, and now pilates. Occasionally I pick up the weights too. I haven't done that in a while though. Thanks for the optimism though! :grouphug: And no, I haven't been measuring myself. I did notice my clothes fit better after that initial 8 lb. loss.
Brittney- Excellent job at party! :cp:
Kathy- Don't feel too bad about the restaraunt...I think you showed some good control just not getting the buffet! (They are also evil.. :devil: )
Lori- :cb: 2 lbs! Whoo hoo! And yes, I'm soooooooo happy to out of school for the winter break. 5 weeks with no school!
Well, this Friday I'm having my girlfriends over for a holiday girls night that'll probably end up being a slumber party...except with alcohol and real food. I'm going to make a couple of things I can eat and try to stay away from the rest.We do this on occasion. We sit around and whip up drinks and munch (pot-luck style) and talk and laugh, watch movies, etc. My son is staying over at my aunt's that night with his cousins. I'm determined to not go overboard with the food. And I don't drink very much anyway. (I may need some help being "determined"... ;) Goodnight ladies! Be good!

Lisa

Bulging2Much
12-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Hi Ladies,

Well, my slacking has paid off. I'm back up 5.5 lbs. However, I know there are some other isssues at work and I'll be better next week (if ya'll catch my drift). I've been retaining water and have not had the power to fight my cravings. Anyway, my goal is to increase my water intake and exercise at least 2 times. Believe it or not, that's going to be enough of a challenge for me this week.

Congrats to all of you that had losses. Keep up the good work. For those of you that didn't, remember not to get too down on yourselves. We're works in progress. Just keep at it.

Have a great week.

ambytes
12-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Lori, I gained 2.8 pounds the week before and I think that was water retention. Because this last week I weighed in at WW I had a lost of 6 pounds. In one week.

gfmomx6
12-07-2004, 12:38 PM
I was hiding because I gained 2 pounds!! :o I couldn't believe it! I thought I did so well last week :?: I want to blame it all on mexican food, but I know it was the whole week. I would eat something I shouldn't(not a lot) because I was exercising and figured it would even out? WRONG!! I am definitely watching what I put in my mouth now! This is the first week I have gained all summer. My dh gained 3 back! I guess I really need to watch what I am cooking and what we are eating!
I did my 3 miles yesterday and have been putting it off this morning, but I know if I don't get it done soon, it won't get done.
My goals for this week are-Exercise 4-5 days(1 down), crunches 3 days(already did them this morning!), write down everything I eat and drink and drink 100 oz of water everyday.
Well, I better get walking before my day gets completely hectic!
Have a great day everyone!
Peace,
Kathy

umma
12-07-2004, 06:01 PM
How are we all doing tonight? I'm tired.....just got done with alot of shopping. Christmas shopping that is. Got some pretty good sales. :cp:

Lisa--Have fun on Friday......but not to much fun. ;) It sounds like you have a good time with all your friends. It also sounds like you have a plan. Enjoy your night.

Sarge-- You know where you went wrong. Now you must stop whatever you were doing and get back on track. End of story....No IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS, about it :rollpin: Get back on track starting NOW. You have done it before you can do it again. We are all here for you. :grouphug:

Kathy--Hiding is not allowed. You also know what you did wrong and it sounds like your going to fix it. Good for you :high: . You will be fine (hubby too) as long as you stick to your plan. That weight will come right back off in no time.

Everyone else..... :goodvibes good vibes and hugs :grouphug: comming your way from me.

Well, I am about to go cook dinner before my family starts to starve. lol ;)
I will be back on later.

TTFN,
Lori

umma
12-08-2004, 07:39 AM
Just a little note to say hello and wish you all a great day. It has been raining here ever since I said I wanted to get all the decorations out of the garage so I haven't been able to do it :mad: . So far today though it is NOT raining so hopefull today it will happen :crossed: . I also didn't get a workout in yesterday. I went shopping all day and then came home and cooked a big dinner. We were having friends over (or we were supposed to have friends over) for dinner. They never came. Something at the last minute cmae up and they couldn't come. So needless to say I had a bunch of dinner left over. Guess what my family is haveing tonight whil I am at work? Yup, leftovers. :D

Anyway I am going to definitly get a workout in today. Its already Wednesday and I still haven't done one yet :o .

It seems as though we are getting slower and slower at posting these days. Is everyone just busy with the holidays or are you hiding? If your busy then we understand.......however, if you hiding, then get your butts back here and post. Remember the reason for starting this thread in the first place? Remember why you went and found this place (3FC)? WE CAN DO THIS. Even if it is one of the hardest times of the year to lose weight. WE CAN DO THIS.
Just think of how proud you can be of yourself when the new year gets here.
Ok, thats enough preaching for now. But seriously, come back and post more if you can.

I must go wake my daughter up and drive my son to school now. I will be back later. Have a great, and healthy day.

TTFN, Lori

rebelridergirl
12-08-2004, 02:57 PM
I am new to this group, but thought that I would stop by and say hi. I have over 100 pounds to lose, but it seems that every time I do good for a week...I mess up the weekend. I am feeling stronger, so I am finally serious and realizing that being healthy isnt just a Monday- Friday deal. I hope to get to know you!

gfmomx6
12-08-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm not hiding Lori! ( I was Monday though!! ;) ) I woke up with a migraine:headache::bomb: this morning, it is slowly going away(I hope) I hate when you feel okay for a little while and then it slams you again-me anyway!
I haven't gotten my decorations up yet either. I don't know what's wrong this year, I am usually bugging everyone the day after Thanksgiving! I need to get moving!! Maybe tomorrow if this migraine is completely gone.
I didn't get my walking in yesterday, ended up going to town, and from where I live town is 25 miles away. So it was a long afternoon! Now today I'm not getting any exercise either :( Tomorrow WILL be a good day! I WILL get my days of exercise in this week! I WILL, I WILL, I WILL!!!<<--picture child laying on the floor kicking feet!! :rofl:

Rebelridergirl-So glad to see you made it over to our thread, maybe some of the other ladies that responded to you will make it over here, too. We always say the more the merrier!! :grouphug: We need all the support we can get on this journey!

Well, I'm going to lay back down, maybe take a nap-wish me :goodluck: on this!!

See you all later-I better see some of you gettin back in here, gettin back in the groove! Write, let us know whats going on, how can we help motivate you if you are not here!!!! COME BACK!! WE MISS YOU!!

Peace,
Kathy

umma
12-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Just wanted to stop by and say a quick hello.

Welcome, welcome, welcome.....Rebel.
Welcome to our group. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Well, I did a workout today. Actually I did 2 but will only count it as one since the second was carrying all the Christmas stuff in the house. Now I know that doesn't sound like much but I live upstairs (14 steps) and I had to make 8 trips up and down those steps. But I finally got it all in and started setting the stuff up. I think I am the last person to actually do this. Everytime I wanted to get it out of the garage it was raining. Today is pretty nice out though. I think I will put the tree up (a fake one) tomorrow, then we can all decorate it Friday or Saturday.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and welcome Rebel to the group. Hope your all doing well.

TTFN, Lori

rebelridergirl
12-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Thank you Lori and Kathy for the warm welcome! This looks like a very fun board to be on. I should tell a little more about myself. I am 27, married for 6 months, and I weigh (at least last week) 275 pounds. Two years ago I weighed 315 pounds and lost a lot of weight. I got to 190. Then after meeting my husband I started gaining it back. I still havent gotten as big as before, but I wont allow myself to. I think that my weight gain was due to the last several months of dieting I was really starving myself. Then I was looking better and I started eating. It seemed like I didnt gain for awhile and then all of a sudden I blimped out. Which is where I am at now. I think I am finally feeling in control. I am exercising, eating healthier and drinking more water. My big problem has been that I will lose during the week and then when the weekend comes I pig out and gain it all back. So, even though I have been trying for over a month my heart hasnt been totally into it until now. Anyhow, that's enough about me. I just wanted to introduce myself.

What are the plans that you ladies are doing? I am doing a loose South Beach, that's what my Dh likes and its easier for me to cook the same foods.

ittybit71
12-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Hey ladies! I'm not hiding, just taking a break from the computer for a day or so after staring at it constantly between work and school (which is done for the semester). Guess what? I found out today that I got a "B" in that stupid Macroeconomics course! Yea for me! :dancer: So glad that is over.
Welcome rebelrider! Welcome to our group! :grouphug: You sound just like me and my eating habits. I do well all week and then blow it on the weekends. I've been doing better lately. I've lost 8 lbs. so far and my mini goal is to lose 12 more (for now) then eventually 40 more after that. I'm also doing the South Beach. I'm on phase two. Well, I need to go back on Phase 1 for a week now (you'll see why below). On Mondays here we weigh in and that helps me stay more on track over the weekend. We also set goals for the week, like drinking enough water, exercise, etc. Speaking of which, I've already failed at one of my goals... :( I have a goal of sticking to my diet this week, and instead I've been eating millions of pounds of chocolate! (ok, I may be exagerrating a little bit ;) ). I get horrible chocolate cravings once a month. I think I'm about over it though. Other than that I've been doing good the rest of the day.I haven't gotten my extra pilates in either, which is my other goal. I'll have to make sure and do that tomorrow and Friday. I've been trying to get up earlier and squeeze them in, but I think I'm catching up on the lack of sleep I get during school. I have been doing my usual 2 1/2 mile walk/run at lunch everyday though. Well, I'm going to go get a shower and spend some quality time with the boyfriend (Does that count as a workout? :D ) Goodnight Beauties!

gfmomx6
12-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Great job on the B!! And yes, you deserve a break from the computer! Just don't stay away too long!

Lisa, I'm right behind you with the decorations! My kids won't let me put it off any longer! I would say stairs 8 times is a workout-I would count it!

Rebelrider-I agree, weekends are so hard! I just try to remember that we weigh in here on Monday! Last week wasn't good, I gained 2 lbs., but I think I'm doing much better so far this week. I only have 1 day of exercise done out of 3-4 that I want done this week, but I still have 3 days to go. We weigh on Monday and also set goals for the week, exercise, food, water, etc. Your goal for the week could be to keep your food healthy for the weekend? We have a great group of ladies here, glad you joined us!!

Night Beauties!
Peace,
Kathy

umma
12-09-2004, 02:16 PM
I have had a completly lazy day. Just hanging out on the couch watching tv. No workout. But I am eating healthy. After I pick my son up from school I have to come hme and clean up, and make dinner. I also have to work tonight.

Rebel-- I am doing WW. This is the first time in my life that I am actually sticking to something. Every other time I would try to "diet" it would last about 2 weeks and thats it. I think this time its different because I have such wonderful people here to come to and have them understand me and motivate me.
Thank you everyone.

Lisa--A break from the computer is good but don't stay away to long. We would miss you. :bravo: on the B We are proud of you. NOW.....STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!! I understand the cravings but try to keep it to just a little bit instead of a million pounds ;) ( I could probably live on chocolate) By the way, I tried to get quality time with my husband counted as a workout but they wouldn't let me do it. Sorry. Good try though.

Kathy-- The last time I posted you were posting too and I didn't realize it. Sorry for missing it. How are you doing with your decorations? I am putting my tree up on Saturday and on Sunday we are all going to decorate it. I think I am finally getting into the holiday spirit. Never takes this long. :shrug:

Well, I must go now, but I will be back tonight when I get home from work. I really need to get a bit of a life. I think I am on this computer way to much. ;)

Talk to you all soon.
Lori

Loki's Concubine
12-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Hi all. Just joined the forums and thought I'd stop in and say hi. I've been enjoying reading the posts so far and hope I can keep coming back to check in.

Lil' about me? I'm 27 years old, female from South Carolina. My highest weight was in November of 2003, at 367 lbs. I started trying to lose weight in January of this year and have lost just over 40 lbs so far. I've been 'morbidly obese' since I was about 4 years old, so fat has been my entire life.

I have 200+ pounds to lose, so it's going to be a long road. I'm hoping that I can find others here who are in the same situation and share ideas/thoughts/goals etc. Have a great weekend!

rebelridergirl
12-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

1 more day until the weekend! Yeah! I hope everyone is doing good today. I haven't gotten my decorating done either. I dont have kids, my husband isnt into the decorating, and we dont have company too often. My mother in law gave me a HUGE fiber optic tree...it's 7 1/2 ft tall (and probably wide too!). I wrestled with that thing the other night, it kept falling over, I got frustrated and now it's just sitting in the dining room! I feel like I have to put it up just in case she makes a surprise visit to see the tree.

Loki- Welcome...I am new here too! This seems like a great group! I am the same age as you and I have over 100 to lose. We can do this. I am trying to not think of the total amount to lose, but instead setting a 10% goal.

Lori- I have done WW in the past, I really like it. I would do it again, but my dh is dead set on SB...if I dont get enough results or dont feel good about being on it, I may go back to WW. I really like the program, because there arent really no-no's...whatever would fit into the points.

Lisa- Thank you for the warm welcome. Chocolate is so good, I have my other vices that I am trying to control somewhat, I guess we all do. Oh, and the quality time with b/f or significant others does burn some calories!! I looked it up on fitday! Maybe not as many as a workout...but a lot funner!

Kathy- You can get those 2 pounds off. The main thing is to not give up. Sometimes when I want to eat things that I'm not supposed to I try to think how good it will feel in summer to be able to wear shorts and be comfortable and knowing that it's all because I stuck to it through the holidays. Good luck with your goals this week. My biggest goal is for the weekend. To behave myself!

Talk to you ladies later!

Bulging2Much
12-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Hiya,

Welcome new beauties. I'm still here, just been so busy.

Lori, I got myself kicked from the store! Actually, the owner was ok with us being there but the property management wasn't. Anyway, the PM came and asked that I scaddadle. They have an interest in the school property anyway. So, we're off to hit the neighborhoods.

Kathy, way to keep your head about you. I hope you have better results this week. GET YOUR EXERCISE IN! :drill: Seriously, how are you doing with that this week? Personally, I'm sticking to don't ask, don't tell. :^:

How's everyone else doing on their goals? I must admit, it's very hard this week. I guess that's because I didn't set any goals! UGH! Can you believe me? I hope my troops don't dessert me! Don't let my personal plateaus be an excuse for you to slack off. I'm here to help you along.

Rebel, if WW worked for you, why don't you go back? What works for your husband may not be correct for you. You need to get motivated with your personal program. Just a thought.

Loki, good for you losing 40+ thus far. What has been the difference? What are you find that's working best for you?

Lisa, how are the cravings? ( :sssh: Don't tell Lori, but I was sneaking some chocolate, too.) Actually I can blame this on my husband. You ready for this excuse? He has a goatee or "growtee" as my nephew calls it. Anyway, I think it looks good but I hate the prickles. His hair is so coarse and it feels like needles. He's had this since August so time's up. I told him for each time I don't get a proper, facial-hair free kiss (we figure minimum 3/day-national average, not ours mind you!), I'll eat a Hershey's kiss. Well, I guess I'm making up for lost time because I'm going a bit overboard. He still hasn't shaved. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes off this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Ok, sorry I haven't checked in for awhile. Keep up the good work. Don't make me open any cans of whoop:censored: ! :drill:

Talk to you soon.

ittybit71
12-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Good evening Beauties! I'm glad to hear everyone seems to be in good spirits! (Even you Sarge......it must be all the chocolate. :sssh: As Lori told me, "STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE!!!!!" :nono: I don't think the chocolate for beard is a good plan! Why don't you try for foot rubs or something?
Everyone will be happy to hear that I stuck to my "healthy eating plan" today!! I resisted the chocolate kisses! :strong: I drank all my water, and I ran/walked my 2 1/2 miles at lunch. The only thing I still didn't do today was my exra pilates exercise session. And now I'm too tired. I also think I'm coming down with something, so I'd better make sure and get my sleep. Can I change my goal to controlling myself over the weekend?
Lori- You're on WW right? They didn't tell you about sexercise? They told my stepmom about it when she did WW, right down to the calories burned.
Loki- Welcome to the group! I think you'll really like it here.

Ok, are you all ready to just hate me? I've had my Christmas decorations up since the weekend after Thanksgiving! :encore:

Talk to you soon! :grouphug:
Lisa

gfmomx6
12-10-2004, 12:32 AM
Sarge- :drill: Good to see you back!

Loki- :wave: Welcome to the group!

Lisa- :p - I'm getting the decorations out already!!! OKAY??? ;)

Lori- I count "everything" as some sort of exercise! :D

I got this off another site I belong to...it's well worth the read.

Why do we keep telling ourselves --- I'll do it later, I'll start tomorrow, I'm waiting till after the holidays to start on my journey to better health?

WHY?

Because we are giving ourselves an excuse to not start !!! Yup, it's true. By saying we will do it another time, we are allowing ourselves the NO GUILT that we are not doing it right now.

Think about it.

Why don't we just DO IT? Why don't we just START NOW and not keep putting things off? It's easier to SAY we will do it later, and not to HAVE TO do it NOW !!!
More times then not, that time comes and goes and we still haven't done what we said we were going to do. Instead we *reschedule* it yet AGAIN and put it off for another time...and soon says are going by and maybe weeks, and then were just forgetting or giving up altogether.

WHY do we put so much effort into the not doing then the actual doing?

We are not going to lose those pounds, lose those inches, gain that muscle, strength and energy by putting it off.

YES I know we all have busy lives, but in reality we do have 20-30 min a day to take out for ourselves. Think of it as your PLAYTIME. Your sanity time.... YOUR time.

So whats your excuse? Why are you waiting till *later* to start on that exercise, to eat better , to do something for YOU?

You don't have to go all gung-ho on plan. It's amazing what BABY STEPS can do for you. As simple as getting in more water, watching your portions, and maybe getting in a walk or some form of exercise in throughout your day. Even 5-10 min a day to start is SOMETHING...if it's more then what you have been doing, then it is such an improvement!!! And just think how much better you will feel about YOU!!!

By saying we will do it LATER, we are just shadowing it, covering it up, it will sit there in the back of your mind till you just DO IT.

Stats show that we gain 5-10 lbs over the holidays!!!!
Yup it's true. I have been talking about it with people at work for awhile now ( I work in a gym). And I see alot of people who are still coming in to get their workouts out of the way because they know they are going to indulge in holiday *splurging* Drinking, extra goodies, festive food etc. We even have an 8 week challenge going on at the gym to keep members interested over the holidays, to keep them coming in for their workouts.

So are you going to join me in getting started, or continuing your journey throughout the holidays? Or are you going to give me an EXCUSE as to why you are going to put it off till whenever?

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Whats YOUR CHOICE going to be?

Makes a lot of sense!

Peace,
Kathy

umma
12-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Hello ladies,

Well it is a rainy, cold, windy day here. (isn't this Kathys favorite wheather? ;) ) I just want to crawl bad into bed and watch movies all day.

Loki--Welcome to the group. Congrats on the loss so far. Keep up the great work. Let us know what your doing thats working for you.

Rebel-- I have to agree with Rebecca, if WW worked before you should really think about going back to it. Oh and you might want to put that tree up just in case your MIL does stop by. Besides it sounds really pretty.

Rebecca--I know the truth about the store. You got asked to leave because when people didn't want to sign your paper you told them to drop and give you 20.......right? ;) By the way........candy for shaving? I like the thought process but not a good idea :nono: . I think you should do what Lisa said and get a foot rub or a back massage.

Lisa-- WTG on resisting the chocolate :cp: :cb: It sounds like you are right on track this week. Keep up the great work. Oh yea, WW never told me about sexercise. I might have to ask them about it. But then again that would require me to actually have sex right? Hhmmmmm, might have to think about that. lol :lol:

Kathy--I like the letter you posted. It does make a lot of sence. By the way, the decorations are out of the garage and in boxes on the living room floor. Only thing I have done so far is hang a wreath on the door. So your not alone.

As for me. I am following my points pretty good this week, and getting in my water. I have done 2 workouts so far this week too. I would really like to get another 2 in. :crossed: we'll see though. Definitly one more.
I am going out to finish up my Christmas shopping this weekend. With the crowds and lines it ought to be fun. Other then that there really isn't much new on my end. Hope everyone has a great day.

Talk to you all later,
Lori

Bulging2Much
12-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Geez,

Kathy, you just want to guilt me into it, don't you? :dizzy: Yes, it does make sense. However, I'm a tough cookie (sorry for the food reference). It takes much more to break me. My husband always tells me how stubborn and persistant I am. But he can't understand why I don't follow through with my weight loss plans. He's tells me when I put my mind to something, I can do anything. But I seem to have a problem with my weight loss. I'm not making any promises, ladies. Keep trying though, I'm listening.

I liked my Hershey kiss idea! :devil: I'll rethink it when the bag's gone. Hee-hee.:lol: Man, I'm setting myself up for some butt-kicking.

I haven't started decorating at all. I usually wait until our annual Christmas party. Good news is that it's next Saturday. So, we'll get our tree next Friday. We're going Christmas shopping next Sunday. That's actually early for me. I've always waited for a day or two before Christmas. Can you believe it...me, a procrastonater? :D

Ok, I'm off to finish my famed banana bars. One order down, ??? more to go. Have a great day.

gfmomx6
12-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Hi Beauties!

Rebecca-That wasn't "aimed" at you, but you know, I'll do what I can! Guilt, begging, bull whips!! :lol:

I understand though about being able to accomplish so much in other areas but letting the weight win. I've done that for so long now, I just finally had enough. My oldest is almost 19 and my youngest is almost 2. I don't want to be the fat mom in my childrens wedding pictures. I want to be there for the children of my 2 yo as much as my 19 yo. I am cheating them(future them!) and myself of that as long as I stay overweight and unhealthy. I don't feel good in this body, I want a better one!! The only way I can do that is to lose weight.
Okay, sorry for the rambling! I have achieved my 3 days of exercise, failed drinking 100 oz of water/day and only did 1 day of crunches. We'll see what the scale says Monday! Hopefully those nasty 2 pounds will be gone again! :^:

Well, I'm off to wake the troops! I hope everyone has a great, healthy day! I'll check in AFTER the Christmas lights are up!!

Peace,
Kathy

Jenn-I hope you and your little guy are feeling better!!

umma
12-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Mornign all,

I feel liek I was gone forever but it was only yesterday. I didn't post because I was feeling very blah. Not in the mood to do much of anything. So, I took a nap, cleaned up a bit, and did 50 crunches and 30 leg thingys each side. Then I went to work. I didn't even make dinner for the gang before I left for work, I made my hubby do that.
ANyway, I am better today. Getting ready to go out and do a liitle more shopping, and then come home and get the tree up. We are going to decorate it tomorrow. My kids are really hasseling me abou tit though. We usually have it up by now.
Ok so I am going to go before I end up not doing anything and I will definitly post more later. Have a great day.

TTFN, Lori

ittybit71
12-11-2004, 02:30 PM
:coffee: Just wanted to check in so you didn't think I'd abandoned you. :D I did pretty good at my get together last night. I did eat and drink some stuff I shouldn't have, but I'm proud of myself for not going overboard like I usually would have. Anyway, I have more to say (Rebecca! :nono: ) but I'll have to get back to this later. I haven't hardly slept and I have to get ready to take my boy to a b-day party. I'll try to get back on here later! Have a wonderful day Beauties! And behave!!! And get your exercise in! :strong:

:grouphug:
Lisa

oldwriter
12-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Just checking in. :goodvibes

Have been very busy getting things done downstairs to get house ready for Christmas. Put up new drapes and rods - definately arm exercise. Repairing the couch and adding foam padding to it- lots of hand sewing. Hope to finish the basic part of couch today & put up tree so the cats can get used to the tree being there a few days before I decorate it. :cp:

After Christmas, I have to get the basement ready for the waterproofing guys. Move shelves and freezers to the center of the room - don't know if enough room to do that but said they could work around it. I have 3 parts to my basement. One half is mud floor, one half is concrete block and cement and under the kitchen is crawl space. There are two 8' long shelve units, one upright & one big chest freezer, one refridgerator, one furnace, one water tank, and two sets of stairs in the concrete area & a wall deviding the concrete from the mud floor area. :?: :shrug:

After they get done, I have to find places to put stored stuff from two closets as the construction guys will be gutting the old outside entrance, one quarter bath & hall closet to make a bath/laundry room. I also have to finish pulling down the ceiling plaster in the front bedroom upstairs & store everything in the small bedroom? :dizzy: :shrug:

And I need to finish Christmas cards too. :lol:

Been trying to eat sensibly especially at night, still not happy with my sugar numbers. Tom brought home some sugar free butter pecan ice cream for me. :spin: :rolleyes:
Will try to eat small amount. Thank goodness it was very frozen last night so couldn't get but little teaspoons of it. I use small bowls and eat like I'm savoring each bite and nut. more satifying that way. Don't mineless eat that way.
Try to come up to office tomorrow to check in with weight & measurements.
See you tomorrow. :coffee2: :goodluck:

ittybit71
12-12-2004, 11:55 AM
:coffee: Hi everyone! Sorry I didn't make it back on last night. I was SO tired. I'm feeling better today, just bloated. I can always tell when I'm retaining water because my ring gets hard to pull off. Probably a combination of the food I've been eating all weekend :nono: and the time of the month it is. I must confess ladies. I have not been very good about what I've been putting in my mouth the last two days. :( The only good part is that I haven't been eating a lot of it, so hopefully it won't do too much damage. Friday night I had some chips and queso (my favorite and I still have some left over in fridge. Been trying to keep it to small servings).Some pot stickers (chinese type food, salty), and of course, we had alcohol. See, my cousin (who is more like my sister) is going through a very rough time in her marriage right now. She may be getting divorced.So I had her and a couple of other girlfriends over to make her feel better and celebrate her b-day. I stayed away from the wings and the bagel bites though. Yesterday I had a little bit of chips and queso, then went to the b-day party where the theme was a "tea party" for my cousins 3-yr old. I had some kind of sweet biscuit things there with my tea and a piece of cake. My only pathetic defense is that I had only slept a few hours from 6 am to 9 am and I had drank too much the night before ..... :shrug: Now today I woke up and I'm not feeling really well. Could be allergies. I'm going to go do a workout after this though anyway. I'm thinking I'll do my short tae-bo tape and my short pilates tape. That'll give me a good 45-50 minute workout. Today I'm going to the grocery store so I'll restock my "good" food. Oh no! I just remembered we're going to be going to a little x-mas thing this afternoon where there's supposed to be lots of food! :stress: Lord, give me strength! :crossed:
Well, I'm off to my workout. Where is everyone?

Lisa

umma
12-13-2004, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm still here just been in a mood the last few days. Not really a good one but not really a bad one. Make any sence? I have been doing good with my points each day but not very good with getting my fruits and vegitables in. I'm just not getting enough of them. They want me to eat about 3 to 5 servings a day. I think for the last 4 days or so I am only eating about 2 if I'm lucky. We'll see if it did anything to my weight loss. As always I go in tonight to get weighed in so I will have to get back to you on that. I did get my 3 workouts in this week and of course all my water.
As for my goals this week,
1. I am going to eat at least 3 servings (hopefully more) of the fruits and vegitables.
2. I will get 3 maybe 4 workouts in this week.
3. I am going to get back in the swing of things and post more.

I have been reading everything just not posting. I haven't felt like there was much good news to post so.....
Well, I must go get ready to pick up my son from school, and I will check back later to let you all know how my weigh in went.
Hope you all have a great day.

TTFN, Lori

rebelridergirl
12-13-2004, 04:33 PM
I lost 6 pounds last week...yet again I flubbed the weekend and gained all 6 back. I cant seem to get myself to behave over the weekend. The only plus was that we didnt go out to eat as much. Not that it helped any, I guess. A big problem was that we had some Christmas parties to attend. Then we have treats every other day at work. So, I snacked too much there this morning. I DONT WANT TO GIVE UP!!! But I feel like a total and complete failure every Monday. One problem that I see is with the parties I had too much wine...therefore I got the "munchies." I was thinking that when we have those kind of weekends again to stock up on some Lean Cuisine pizzas, since I cant avoid the late night snacking on weekends. At least its better than a Mc Donalds drive thru. I really need a kick in the butt. How can I deal? I'm tired of feeling like a failure. HELP!!!

ittybit71
12-13-2004, 09:51 PM
First of all, YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE! :nono: Because if you're a failure, then so am I! And I don't think I'm a failure. I do think however, that we both need to figure out a way to behave on the weekends. My weekend splurging has even carried over to today, and the scale showed it. I also did not achieve my goals this week. A bad week for me, but I will do better. So, I think the first thing to figure out is WHY the weekend is so hard to control. For me, it's just because I'm home and not at work. I get into things I shouldn't be. It's also because like you said, we eat out sometimes, go to parties etc. You mentioned that you and your husband eat out a lot on weekends? Why don't you start weaning yourself off the bad habits and try balancing out the bad food with some good? Like instead of a burger and FF, get a small burger and a salad? ( :p Not the same I know). And stock up on better types of snacks. Get something you can munch on, like nuts or raisins or popcorn or something. The biggest thing that works for me is taking the time to be prepared. Have stuff available that you CAN eat. That's been part of my problem here lately. With all the holiday stuff, I haven't taken the time to have stuff ready for me to grab. Instead I've been eating whatever leftovers we've been getting. So, think about it. Have any suggestions? Let's do this thing!
Lori- I understand perfectly about the mood thing. Ever since I finished my final last weekend, it's like my brain is fried. Blah.
Ok- and now the moment all waited for.....

SW-210
CW-205 (up 3 lbs from last week :( I blame the time of month.)
GW- 180 (short term)

I also did not achieve either goal of the extra workouts or sticking to my diet.
So come on Sarge, give it back to me...I'm waiting!

Goal for this week- No overeating, and 2 extra pilates workouts during the week, besides my everyday lunchtime routine.

Loki's Concubine
12-13-2004, 10:28 PM
Bulging2much - Surprisingly a pretty good difference. Not to get too graphic, but it's easier to use the restroom now. And also I *think* (hope and pray more like it) that my menstrual cycle is now evening out. I have PCOS and have bled nonstop since I was 18. This week I have it now, but nothing like it was before. AND I went a month with none at all. It was like Xmas right there! hehe.

As for what I've done that's been working, I'm not quite sure. Little things I guess. Smaller portions, less eating out and more cooking at home. Also less sodas and IF I do have them it's been diet. More exercise (altho this past month that has slipped as has the water). I've been bummed lately though and have put a few pounds back on (I was down to 321.5 at one point). The big thing that has helped was joining TOPS and making friends there to do things with like go walking. Just have to kick it back into gear again!

Thanks for the welcomes. :)

umma
12-13-2004, 11:44 PM
Just a little note to let you all know how I did this week. I am down another 2.4 pounds. That puts me at a total of 27.2 pounds lost. I will change my numbers at the bottom tomorrow. Anyway, with being in WW I have finally hit my 10% weight loss and they gave me a keychain. THey also said that 80% of people who make it to the 10% will go on to make it to their goal weight. I really hope that I am one of them.
Well, I have a splitting headache and need to go lay down. I will reread everything tomorrow and post replies then. Hope you all have a great night.

TTFN, Lori

ambytes
12-14-2004, 12:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on for....gee I can't even remember. Has it been a week. I've been really sick just haven't had the strength to get on the computer.
I lost 6oz LOL I guess its better then nothing. And this week with me being so sick you would think I would lose more, but I've been having cravings for chocolate. And the cravings have been winning. Its weird I never dreamed about food and now I'm dreaming about eating chocolate!
No not pregnant. When I do give in I'm trying to eat one small piece of chocolate, but on me it will still come out to be a pound on each thigh.

bandit2
12-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi everyone - Back from Vegas & it was fabulous, as usual. Didn't bring home any $ but had a great time & Celine's show was super. That in itself was worth the trip.
BF couldn't get over how much Vegas has changed since he was last there. We gambled lots, ate lots, walked lots so it was really nice.

I was up 2.2# at my w/i last night which was over the last 2 weeks. Even though I was up it could have been alot worse with all the eating & drinking I did in Vegas.
And tonight I have my company Christmas dinner so am eating light til then.

Sounds like you are all doing well so keep up the good work & I will talk to everyone soon. Bye for now.

umma
12-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Good Morning my fellow beauties,

Ok so I wasn't hiding yesterday, I was shopping and wrapping gifts. All my shopping is done and 95% of my wrapping is done. Unfortunatly my back is killing me now from sitting on the floor doing all that wrapping. I did get a workout in yesterday as well. Other then that not to much is going on over at my end of the world. Its very cold out and they are predicting snow by Sunday here. My kids are very excited about it. I, however, could live without the snow.

Alysia--a loss is a loss. Be proud of it no matter what it is.

Bandit-- Nice to hear that you had such a good time in Vegas. Sorry you didn't win. Concidering you were away from home and having fun, 2.2 is nothing. You can lose that in no time now that your home.

Ittybitty-- Don't worry about the gain. I'm sure it has alot to do with it being TOM. It sounds as though you have a good plan for your eating habits. Hope your feeling better from the allergies the other day. Keep up the good work.

Rebel-- Try to plan your meals somewhere around wednesday for the weekend. If you have a written plan maybe you will do better on the weekends. You can do this. We all can.

Oldwriter--Glad to see you back. Sorry to hear that you are so busy though. Try to relax as the holidays are really getting close and you don't want to push yourself to hard.

Kathy and Rebecca-- Come Back!! I did. We can do this together. We did it before. As long as you keep posting and keep us informed that you are OK then come the new year we can all start kicking some butt together. I'm ready, are you???

Well, I must go and do some things in the house. I hope we all start posting abit more. I still need you guys. You all are a big help to me. I miss being active on here and I for one will post to myself if I have to. ;)
Have a great and healthy day. Type to you all soon.

TTFN, Lori

umma
12-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Just checking in before I have to leave for work. I guess everyone is busy today. I will be back around midnight to check in again. Have a great night.

TTFN, Lori

Bulging2Much
12-15-2004, 07:46 PM
:d

Hello!!!!! I Have To Run. Goodbye!!!

ittybit71
12-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Lori- I'm still here, don't worry! :D And I read the postings everyday even if I don't respond...which isn't very much. I usually do. Last night I was just tired. And I've been feeling a little bad because I haven't been sticking to my eating plan. I haven't been overeating, but I've been eating the wrong stuff. :dunno: I did walk on Monday, and on Tuesday I did 10 minutes (wanted to do 20 but didn't have time) of pilates in the morning and then walked for 30 minutes at lunch. It's been cold here the last couple of days! I'm trying to keep a good attitude for the holidays. I keep telling myself, "Just because it's the holidays does not mean you have to eat bad and stuff yourself! " It's kind of working, I'm not stuffing myself, but I'm busy so I haven't been preparing my own food. My goal is to not gain back over the holidays the 8 lbs. I've lost ! ;) By the way, congrats on the 2.4 lb loss!!!! :cb: :cp: You go girl! I'm jealous!
Alysia- I'm so glad you're feeling better! And any loss is a good loss! The important thing is getting well. Once you're feeling better you can get back on track. Don't wear yourself down. Let me know how you like the recipes when you get a chance to try them.
Bandit2- Glad you're back! And it sounds like you had fun in Vegas! Now forget those 2 lbs, they're probably water weight anyway.
Rebecca and Kathy- I hope you girls are doing better than me! :lol: Look forward to hearing from you.
Rebelrider- where are you today?

Have a good night ladies! :grouphug: :goodvibes

Lisa

umma
12-17-2004, 01:02 AM
Ok so it is late here and this is what seems to happen when I work. I get home late, go to bed late, get up early and then sit in a vegitative state most of the day. Thats how last night and today was. Looks like thats how tomorrow is going to be as well. Oh well, just 2 more weeks of work then I am taking a personal leave from there for a while. Just going to work when they really really need me, but won't be on the schedule.

Lisa, Keep up the great work with the excersize and maybe you won't do anythng with eating the bad stuff. Although you do know better. It is the holidays and it is very hard to fit everything into ones schedule. Maybe on a day off you could cook a few things and freeze them. Just till it eases up with the holidays. You can do this. I did notice that you didn't mention water. How are you doing with that?

I am having a problem with drinking to much coffee at night, but only when I work. Maybe thats why I am still up. lol

Well, it is time for me to go try and fall asleep and I will "talk" to you all soon.
Have a good night and an ever better day.

TTFN, Lori

umma
12-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Just checking in to say hi. I have been pretty good this week. I did eat a candy bar but it fit into my points for the day so it worked for me. :D
I have gotten in 2 workouts this week, and am doing much better with my veggies. I have to work tonight, yuck, but as I said earlier I only have 2 more weeks of this work stuff. Well, the kids are out so I am going to try to get the rest of my wrapping done. I will be back after work tonight or in the morning. I have to get up kinda early to get my son ready to go to New York with a friend of his. They are going to see the Lion King on broadway. I think I may be jealous. Not really I am happy he is getting to do this. Anyway, I will talk to you all soon.

TTFN, Lori

gfmomx6
12-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Hi everyone!! :wave:
Sorry I haven't been around but I have not been hiding! It's just been so busy around here! 6 kids and all the craziness that goes with Christmas! My in-laws will be here Sunday or Monday(to stay for a week and a half :eek: ), my daughter will be here on Tuesday and my dh has decided to take off work Wed-Mon. I am going to be more insane than I am now!! :crazy:
I have been doing good on pretty much everything-food, water and exercise. So far this month I have done 29 miles with the Walk Away The Pounds tapes!! I set my goal at 35 and I am going to pass it!! Maybe even double it! I have been getting all my water and doing well with food. Some of the foods haven't been very good but I have been trying to go by points and keep it within range. I haven't even added in flex points or activity points! Hubby is still doing good, he has lost 12 pounds so far and is very proud of himself(as am I!!) I don't know how much weight I lost(or gained) last week, I didn't get on the scale Monday(I forgot!) and my hubby won't get the scale back out for me until next Monday!! So I'll just have to wait!
I hope we get everyone back soon, although I know how busy it is right now. If you can just post a quick note to let us know you're still around, we don't care if you are staying on program or not! We want to see everyone!
Well, I better get moving, SO much still to do!
Peace,
Kathy
:merry:

umma
12-18-2004, 01:16 AM
Hi everyone,
Just got home from work and decided that i couldn't sleep, so I came here :D . Work was alittle crazier then normal because we had someone call out. But thats ok that just meant more walking for me.

Kathy-- sounds like you are going to have a house full. God bless you. I am really happy to hear that you are doing good, and hubby too.

Well, I got all my wrapping done......I am ready for Christmas :) . thay are talking about us getting snow on Sunday and Monday. I'm not sure weather I like that idea or not :?: .I wish it could just snow on the grass and stuff and not on the roads. Wouldn't that be nice?

Ok well, I am going tot ry to lay down and get some rest. I will talk to you all tomorrow. Good night.

TTFN, Lori

ittybit71
12-18-2004, 11:56 AM
:) HI everyone! How are you? I'm doing pretty good. I'm still not totally in control of the food again... :o , but I'm doing better. I did get some chicken cooked and stuff, I've just been drinking starbucks and grabbing chocolate here and there. I haven't been eating a lot of regular meals though so hopefully I haven't been doing a lot of damage. I think I've dropped those couple of pounds of water weight back off again. We'll see Monday I guess. It's so hard around x-mas with my family. It's all about food! And you get so busy it's to the point where it's either just grab something or don't eat at all. :shrug: Like last night I got home from work and then did hair until 11 pm. ( I used to be a stylist) My mom brought me some dinner, but I had her get Quizno's on the low-carb flat bread. Oh and yes Lori, I have been drinking my water. :D And I'm still doing very good with my exercise. Actually, I'm about to go do my pilates when I get off of here. The good news is I've got all my shopping done! So hopefully things will calm down a bit around here.
Kathy- It sounds like you're doing great! Good for you and the husband! :cp:
I wish everyone else would quit hiding! ;)

Have a wonderful day everyone! And get some sleep Lori! You know that more sleep helps you lose weight right? :grouphug:

Lisa

umma
12-19-2004, 01:19 AM
I was sooooooo bad today. I went for an hour and fifteen minute drive to visit a freind of mine that i haven't seen in a while to find out that her husband (who is like a chef) was baking cookies and making homemade pizza. The pizza was for our dinner and the cookies, well, they are for christmas but boy did they get the best of me. For the first time since I joined WW I didn't care much about how many points I was eating. Shame on me. I went soooo overboard. I feel guilty and ashamed. Somehow I think that may be a good thing so that don't do it again tomorrow since he sent me home with a gallon size ziplock of cookies for the kids.I know I am going to wake up feeling sick so that might be a good thing to. Although I will wake up and do extra exersice and I will also forgive myself and start fresh tomorrow. I really hope I didn't damage my weight loss. Hopefully I will at least stay the same this week and not gain. But if I do thats ok too (I just really hope I don't). Well it is time to go to bed before I raid that bag. lol I will let you all know how sick I am tomorrow. Good night.

TTFN, Lori

ittybit71
12-19-2004, 10:17 AM
Good morning beauties! Don't feel too bad Lori. I wasn't very good myself yesterday. I got up and had hot chocolate, then I went to the grocery store and since I didn't eat before I went :nono: I grabbed some potstickers from the sushi bar and ate them as I shopped. Then when I got home I had 3 big frosted cookies that I bought for my son at the store. Later on we went bowling for a friends b-day and I had mozzarella sticks! :o It didn't seem like too much at the time but when I added up the whole day I realized that all I ate was bad stuff. And I didn't drink any water either. I did do my hour of pilates though. Now this morning I woke up with a stuffy head and a sore throat. Yuck. I'm planning on doing a lot of cooking today though.
Lori- STAY AWAY FROM THE COOKIES!! :rollpin: THEY ARE BAD!!! HIDE THEM SOMEWHERE!! Ok, now let's recite together....I will do better today....I will do better today.... I will do better today.... :goodvibes

Talk to you later!
Lisa :grouphug:

Bulging2Much
12-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Hi Beauties,

Good for ya'll for checking in. I've been reading and it sounds like the holidays are doing their thing. Making us eat things we shouldn't be eating. :o OK, no one makes us but it's so much harder during this time of year. I haven't stepped on the scale for a couple of weeks now. Nor do I plan on doing it until the new year. I'm just trying to maintain my sanity until then. My goal is to go over and write my plan of action. I'm going to make out my menus for the week and exercise goals, too. There's another week and a half but I know I won't stick to anything for now. It's a cop out but I feel focused for the new year.

Congrats on all that are keeping up with your exercise and water. Kathy, great job with WATP. That sounds like a great idea...miles per month. I think I'll try that. Lori, don't beat yourself up over the cookies. Goodness knows you've given me a break on more than one occassion. But watch out when the Sarge gets back in action! :devil: I'll be taking names!

Have a wonderful week. Enjoy your families and these special times. We're so blessed in many ways. Take care.

umma
12-20-2004, 09:14 AM
I will do better today......I will do better today....I WILL do better today.
I did pretty good yesterday too, untill the cookies called my name after dinner. ;) Only had 3 though, and I had enough points for them. I have weigh in tonight so we will see how bad I damaged the scales today.
Rebecca, good to see you still posting. I can't wait till the new year so we can have Sarge back to get my butt in shape.
Kathy, I also think the miles per month is a great idea and will also use that idae after Christmas since I am pretty sure I am getting some of the WATP tapes under the tree. I am really proud of you for keeping up witht he exercise theought he holidays.
Ittybitty, We need to stop cheating......I know I don't want a gain for the rest of this year. Me and you need to make a pact not to do much more damage for the rest of the year. How about it?

Well, I did 3 workouts this week, did better with my veggies, and posted more like I said I would. It was jsut those damned cookies.
I will post again after I have my weigh in tonight and then also post my new goals for the week. I will talk to you all later. Have a great and healthy day.

TTFN, Lori

oldwriter
12-20-2004, 10:29 AM
Good morning! :)

I have new resolve, after pictures of me sitting down and looking over my shoulder at the camera :eek: and finding out that my cousin can no longer tie her own shoes or hook her bra. :cry: for her.

I followed the diet sample on the fridge & if I can get thru the first two days of nibble :tape: tempting stress, I'll be back on track.

I am fixing dinner for us on Christmas & will make plenty if kids drop by, but not planning desserts. If I end up making one, try to make kind that doesn't tempt me. :balloons:

I even got in my Tae Bo this week, will go down and do another today. Would like to get up to almost every day with it. Tom's mom's exercise instructer said you could do cartio every day but not weight lifting.
Feel great when I get in the habit of doing that. :dance: :cp: :strong: :spin: :jig: :dancer: :cb: :cloud9:

Hope your Christmas is a happy one. God bless.
Carol

umma
12-20-2004, 10:50 PM
Hello everyone,
Well, the cookies did damage but not as much as I expected. I did have a loss. It was only .4 but it is still a loss and not a gian. I am happy with that.
My goals for this week are to just purly behave. It is Christmas week and thats all I can hope for. As soon as this Christmas thing is out of the way I will do more. I hope all is well.
Have a great night.

TTFN, Lori

ittybit71
12-20-2004, 10:59 PM
If I could moan through the computer, I would.... I feel awful. I either have allergies or some kind of "crud" as my mom says. So this is gonna be kind of short tonight.
First of all, Lori- you're on for the pact. We won't do any more damage and will not gain weight over the holidays. On that note:
I'm back down to 202 lbs. Last week I was 205 lbs. Seems I was right and it was water weight. Of course, if I hadn't CHEATED so much :o I may have lost something... I did get in one of my extra workouts ( I wanted 2), which is better. I slacked off the water over the weekend though. And today I have a very sore throat so I stuck with tea to drink. Maybe I'll lose something not being able to eat much? :D
Goals for this week- drink my water ( at least half of it even with sore throat) and try to stick as much as possible to plan and not overeat for Christmas.
Sarge- At least try not to gain over the holidays.
Have a good night everyone!

Lisa

Sw-210
CW-202
GW- 180 (short term goal)

bandit2
12-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Hi everyone!

Kathy - great job on the walking! Lori - I agree about the snow, not on the road -
I hate driving in the snow. Lisa - hang in there.

I have been doing not so great with my eating. Alot of social things & goodies.
But I am not letting in ruin Christmas. Everyday I start again & try to do better.

I have my shopping done & wrapped. Pick up dd from university tonight - so am looking forward to that.

Anyway, time for lunch (big salad & melba toast) so got to go. Bye for now & everyone keep up the good work.

Bulging2Much
12-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Hi everyone,

Lori, great job! You lost, woman! I'm so proud of you. I won't go on too much since I'd have to practice what I preach and that ain't happenin' this week. :D

Lisa, I'm sorry you're not feeling so well. I'm kind of gathering from everyone that it's a very tough time to be focused for whatever reason. Just resolve to get back in the game when Christmas is over. Some beauties have gone MIA but I'm hoping they'll be back after the holiday rush.

I had a check-up yesterday. I'm happy to report that my BP was good as well as my pulse. I'll find out how my TSH is in a couple of days. I declined to step on the scale because I know I'm up to around 292 or so. Honestly, I don't feel that I've gained that much except for in my back at times. When I bend over or turn a certain way, I get some pain. However, I've was on my feet for the entire weekend and wonder if that had something to do with it. It's more of a gain than I would like but it's coming off. I have another check-up in 6 months. I'm resolved to be 50 pounds lighter. I'd like to at least lose 65 by August. We're going on vacation and I'd like the life vest to close this time when I ride the jet ski (yes, I drove it this past summer). What a sight I must have been but it was so fun! I found I still have a competitive or athletic streak in me at times. How wonderful it would be to be lighter. Anyway, that's my plan. I can't stay like this anymore. Next year is a life altering year for me. Someone save this and remind me of my words if I should start to stray. I want to be healthy and live life to the fullest. I will be a better wife and mother if I take care of myself. Surgery has been sneaking back into my mind but I just can't bring myself to do it. I got myself in this condition, I'll get myself out! Wow, I'm really babbling on here. Sorry, folks.

I'm off to do some more shopping. I don't know if I'll get a chance to post again before Christmas so all of you have a wonderful weekend. Take care and God bless you and your families.

Fondly,

ittybit71
12-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Hey ladies,
Well I'm still sick although I feel better today than I have been. My throat is still really sore though and I've been eating nothing but noodles and ice cream and hot tea. Both a big :nono: but the only things I can seem to tolerate. I tried to drink some water today but the tea is better. And I've only done a little walking since Sunday. Hopefully I'll kick this soon.
Sarge- I saved your words! Even though I KNOW I won't need to remind you of them later in the year. ;) And I enjoyed your babbling. It would be so nice to be lighter. I don't do a lot of things I would enjoy because I hate the way I look and think I'd look like a fool. I'm determined to not gain weight over the holidays, and right after Christmas I'm getting strict again with my eating habits. I refuse to let my weight have control over me.
Bandit- Happy to hear from you! Sounds like you're keeping your resolve a little better than the rest of us! But tomorrow is another day.....repeat :D .
Kathy- I apologize! I forgot to praise you for your walking! Way to go! :cp: :cb: :cheer:
Lori- I'm anxious to hear how you did today. Are you getting more sleep?

Well, goodnight ladies! I'm off to snuggle up with my theraflu...

gfmomx6
12-23-2004, 01:57 AM
Hi Beauties!
Is everyone ready for Christmas?? Not me! It has been so hectic around here for days. My daughter came down from WA, my inlaws will be here tomorrow and I'm trying to clean house. Christmas with 6 kids is fun, but I am TIRED!!
Tomorrow will be the start of tempting food for 4 days! I am not looking forward to it, but since I know how hard I have worked to lose these 31 lbs, I don't want to do it again. I was so disappointed in myself a few weeks ago for gaining back 2 lbs I had lost, I never want to see them again! I just hope I can keep that in mind when all the food is in front of my face!
I hope after the holiday that everyone comes back and really gets motivated to be healthy. I miss all the posting we had going!!
I hope you all have a blessed and peaceful Christmas with your family and friends!
Peace,
Kathy

ittybit71
12-23-2004, 09:13 PM
:) Just a quick hello to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I have a weekend full of tempting food to look forward to as I'm sure we all do. I just keep telling myself that I don't HAVE to overindulge just because it's there. Hopefully I'll talk myself into believing it... :D
I'm looking forward to having everyone back after the holidays! I miss my support group! :grouphug:

umma
12-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Merry Christmas everyone.

Enjoy your family and friends and have a wonderful Merry Christmas.

Bulging2Much
12-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Hi Beauties!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I sure as heck feel blessed. Ok, Sarge is emerging now. For those of you that pulled into a rest stop, as I have, it's time to get going again. This is the last week of puttering around. I want some reasonable goals out of you. You're mine come 1/1/05! No foolin' around! I don't want any pansy excuses. We will succeed! For those of you that have been doing well, let's step it up a notch. I expect more from you! If you're doing 25 crunches, I want 30. You get the picture. I'm the party pooper and the party is over.

Weigh in is next Monday. I also want one weekly goal that can not include drinking water. We're all going to drink! We're going to be better than ever, ladies. In fact, I'm thinking this time next year, we'll all be so skinny we should take a vacation to the islands to celebrate!

In closing, get yourself back in the game. No feeling horrible for what you've eaten over the holidays or for not exercising like you should. What's done is done. I say we start a tally and see how much weight this group can lose together. Should we say 400 lbs.? Maybe 500? What do you think? I plan on being a healthier and more energetic person. It's about damn time I do something about me. Remember, we can all do it! We're here to help each other. Now go forth with a reenergized attitude! I'll see you all Monday morning.

Forever your Sarge!

raindancer1
12-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Salute Sarge!

Standing at attention...however, do you want me to let the cat out of the bag and tell all these frightened troops what a soft and furry pussycat you really are? Trust me ladies, the bark is bigger than the bite! Still, we want to lose the weight regardless, so we will all do what we are ordered to do. Otherwise, Sarge may have to call on Capt. CocoNut to help get you guys shipshape! Seriously, if you feel like I do, it is TIME to DO something that will show results. Let's get moving! I am starting with a morning walk on the beach (1 mile) 3 times per week.

Wonderful to hear that you are your old self, R! Lots of love to you and all...
Capt. CocoNut

ittybit71
12-27-2004, 07:57 PM
That's what I like to hear! :cp: I have to confess, I've been on a bit of a rest stop myself. I hardly even exercised last week :no: . However I have been sick with allergies or something. Today though I went out and power walked on my lunch break. I feel so much better! Even though I'm now coughing after that cold air.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We did. And I'm happy to say that although there was no official weigh in today, I did anyway and I have not gained back any of the 8 lbs. I lost! :cb: That was my goal last week...and throughout the holidays.
My weight loss tally for next year is to lose at least 60 lbs., preferably 70.

Well, goodnight ladies! I'm off to watch a movie with the bf. Take care and have a wonderful evening! :grouphug: :goodvibes

Lisa

Bulging2Much
12-28-2004, 07:56 AM
Come on, people! Wake up from your food comas! Where are you all? Don't listen to that Coconut from Paradise. She's spreading vicious lies! The only thing that's soft on me is my abdomen. Ahem, getting back to ya'll. You're all going to be mine. It's time to shape up or ship it on out. I want nothing but "losers" in my camp! No who's with me?:drill:

umma
12-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been missing and its not because I was hiding, not because I was cheating, and not because I fell off the wagon. I let the Christmas blues get to me this year like it has never gotten to me before. I appologize for being gone, and am very happy that everyone is still here to listen to me and help me.

Sarge-- I am sooooo happy that you are back and ready to take names. I missed you ;) . I am right there with you, ready for the new year and the new me. I am sure that everyone else will be showing up too.

Well, since I am already loseing weight, my New Years Resolution is to stay focused and stay on a workout program that I can handle. I think staying focused is the big one. Every year I say that I am going to lose weight......it never happens......This year I have already started that so I am just going to continue it. I am glad you are all here to keep me focused. Thanks in advance.

I did go to my meeting last night and lost another 1.6 pounds. Not sure how that happened sice I did over indulge 3 days this past week. Guess I didn't over do it as much as I thought I did.

Well, time to get my day started. I have to go to the stores and do some returns. That should be fun. :lol:

Have a happy and healthy day, all of you.
TTFN, Lori

gfmomx6
12-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Hey Beauties!
It's so nice to see you back Sarge! I guess we all needed a rest stop! Glad everyone had a good Christmas!
I will not weigh this week, my husband is calling it my "buy" week(like in football)! I know I didn't do very well over the last 4 days and I don't want to kick myself till after 1/1, so I will wait until Monday! I haven't done any exercise since before Christmas, but I will be doing my WATP in the morning. My goal for Dec. is 35 miles and I'm at 33, only 2 more to go! I was hoping to double my goal but am barely going to achieve it, oh well, I am doubling it for January! I also bought a book off of ebay- "Strong Women Stay Slim" about strength training. It was recommended by a lady who has lost over 100 lbs and says you can not lose weight without lifting weights and working all your muscles. Total cost, with shipping, was only 5.04, so I thought I would try it. At this point I will try most anything that sounds reasonable!
My goal for this year is to be at 160 by Aug. 30th(hubbys bday). That's around 80 lbs in 8 months-I really need to get in gear. My first goal though is to just get under 200! I live to see the 9's-239, 229, 219, 209, 199!! I was so close to seeing 239 last week, I know I would be disappointed if I got on the scale this week. Hopefully I can do well this week! We have one more family dinner tonight at a "ritzy" restaurant, before all the guests (finally) go home and leave my house in peace (as peaceful as it gets with 6 kids anyway!!) This restaurant has the most awesome food! I will try to control myself! I PROMISE!!
Well, I'm off............Why do guests think you have nothing better to do than drive them around to see "the sights"? I live in Idaho-there are no sights!! :lol:
Have a great day(or week if it takes too long to see all the "sights"!!)
Peace,
Kathy

oldwriter
12-29-2004, 07:08 AM
I looked at my reflection and didn't get on the scales. The other day it said 279. :( SOOOOOOOO! This morning I had 1/2 cup of leftover mashed potatoe w/pepper & butter buds; spreading it as far over my plate as possible to look like lots (mind trick) and sliced thin & spread over my plate to look like more, 2oz of leftover (boy I'll be glad when they are gone) baked chicken; and 1cup of lettuce w/1Tablespoon of Ital dressing made w/ red wine vingegar & olive oil; and black coffee. Ate very slow and savored - am very satisfied. ;)
Praying for God's help to get thru each day. Came here to help keep on the straight & narrow. :)
So onward Christian soldiers - as the song goes- this is a war, isn't it?
A war with our selves and food abuse. :rolleyes:
Lets pray for each other that we get thru the day together even tho we are far apart. Love you all. Carol :coffee2:

Bulging2Much
12-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Carol, my dear, let not your heart be troubled. You're right, it is a war. But Sarge here, is going to lead the charge!:drill:

We're all in a slump, a holiday coma, if you will. However, the new year will be our best yet. We're blessed to be on this earth for another year and we shall stop taking our bodies for granted. Now, if anyone is like me, I say this every year. So what's the difference? YOU!!!! Never before have I had support from a great and diverse group of women. We'll help each other get and stay motivated through the hardest of times. We'll cheer each other on when needed. And we'll laugh at ourselves. It's not like we haven't done this for the past few months but we're going to do this with a renewed vigor.

If you think it, you'll be it. We need to refresh ourselves. Carol, God will get you through but so will the rest of us.

Ok, beauties. I'm off to do my chores. Have fun for the rest of the week. Live it up. But remember, 1/1/05........YOU'RE MINE!:devil: Start planning for next week. Weigh in and long & short term goals on Monday.

Toodles,

umma
12-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Hello everyone,
Well, I did some walking yesterday. We went to 4 different stores yesterday and probably walked a good 3 to 4 miles. I didn't do a regular workout because I didn't have time. I do plan on getting some crunches in today and maybe a workout as well. I do have to work tonight so that will be another walking workout.
For Christmas I got an ab roller, some hand weights, and 3 different workout videos. I am also getting a gazelle in the next week or so. So needless to say I plan on doing alot more exercise in the upcomming year. I am ready for Sarge to be here and get me into shape.

I also just want to say thank you for everyone still being here. It means alot to me to have you all here, keeping me accountable and focused. I am glad I found this site and a great bunch of women to chat with.

The next couple of days might be busy for me so I might not get time to come on here and post but after this week I will be here often. Can't wait till the new year to really start working on the new me again.

Have a great day.
TTFN, Lori

ittybit71
12-29-2004, 07:48 PM
:cp: I'm so glad to see everyone posting again! (Well, almost everyone!) I have to say I agree with Sarge. I think this year is going to be THE year, thanks to you ladies. I always say the same thing, "This time I'm going to lose the weight and keep it off" and everytime I either lose some and then gain it all back or I don't lose it at all. I've actually been doing pretty good the last couple of days eating-wise. Of course, the fact that I'm still sick helps. :( Don't ever move to Texas. My mom keeps telling me it's the "cedar-fever" allergies I have. Last week I went from a stuffy nose and sinus pain to a BAD sore throat for a few days, back to sinus and headache and now this week I've developed a painful congested cough, body aches, and still have the nose thing. Yuck. Even as bad as I feel though, I've still been briskly walking on my lunch breaks.
Well, I'm gonna go get my jammies on and get in bed. I want to be healthy and ready to do battle come January 1. Have a great night everyone and I will try to check back in tomorrow or Friday. Night! :grouphug:

Lisa

umma
12-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Hello beauties,

Well, I did a workout today. I did WATP power mile, and 110.....YES 110 crunches. I know I will be feeling it tomorrow. But thats ok. I know I will be sore form a good thing. Hopefully I won't be to sore to do another workout.

Lisa, hope you feel better soon.
Kathy, nice deal witht he book, how is it?
Sarge, can't wait till the first.
Carol, This is our year, we can do this together, I have faith in us all.

Tonight is my last night of being on the schedule for work. Then I will only be on call if they need me. More time at home will help me get better rest and better workouts.
Ok, so now I must go and pick my son up from his friends house so I will be back tomorrow. Have a healthy and happy night.

TTFN, Lori

umma
12-31-2004, 12:17 PM
Hello Beauties,

Well, last night was my last scheduled night at work. I am sure I will still be there probably 2 times a week but it won't be as bad as normal.

I am so excited about tomorrow. New year......new us. I hope we all get back here and post, post, post. I miss you all, and I am ready for Sarge ;) .

I am also taking my tree down today. I know I was probably the last one to put it up and I am the first one to take it down, but I just need the space. I am getting my gazelle in a few days (maybe a week) and it is going right where the tree is. I am also going to do more crunches today. Although that might be it for today since my calves are sore from the workout yesterday. I might try something light. Maybe.

Anyway, I wish you all a Safe, Happy, and HEALTHY New Year. I am staying home with my kids as I do every year.
I will type to you all soon.

TTFN, Lori

Bulging2Much
12-31-2004, 12:42 PM
Hi Beauties! Are we getting psyched?! I am. First, let me make a clarification. We are going to weigh in on Monday. That's the "official" kick-off to the year. Now, what I want you to do over the next 2 days is plan your meals, workout schedules and goals for at least the upcoming month. My husband is on board with me so we're measuring and weighing in together on Monday. Use Saturday and Sunday as planning days. Refresh your attitudes and mindset.

Lori, great job with the workout. My stomach hurts just thinking about 110 crunches! Lisa, I hope you're feeling better. Carol, are you hanging in there? And, Kathy, I'm with you...living for the 9's.

Please forgive me for rattling on again. But I just wanted to get my plan "out there" so it's real. I started journaling. I do it on the computer because I can type faster than I can write. My eating plan is to go lower carb. I just need to get some of this weight off then I'll start weening from that. We're just doing it smartly and not strict Atkins-like. I'm making menu cards so I can just choose breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I think it'll help with feeling like I have many choices. I'm also making a monthly workout plan and revolving it around my night-shift schedule. I'll need to figure that out, too, with the food. I guess I'll eat at work and not eat before I sleep when I get home. That'll be a BIG change for me. I'm used to eating at work and when I get home. My husband and I talked about not eating 2 hours before bed and I also want to increase my water intake. Pepsi's a goner but Diet Sierra Mist is in, but only once a day.

I look forward to tomorrow but more importantly, Monday. Enjoy the New Year, ladies. I know it'll be the best yet. Think about that island we're all going to next winter! We can do it! :) Best wishes for the new year and I'll type to you on Monday.

Last time writing at 29?,

ittybit71
12-31-2004, 04:49 PM
I can't talk long, I'm heading to my parents for awhile and then home to start cleaning up the holiday mess. Just FYI for Sarge and anyone else....I asked my doctor about what to eat and her suggestion is to eat like you're on WW but get all your carbs from fruit and veggies, which should stay to about 20-30 carbs a day.
Well I'm off! Have a great and safe New Years! Hope that helps!

Lisa

umma
01-01-2005, 11:17 AM
I hope you all had a great, and happy new year last night.

I raise my glass, :hat: , and have a cheer, :cheers: , for each and every one of us on here. This is our year. May you haev a safe, happy and healthy new year.

TTFN, Lori

gfmomx6
01-01-2005, 03:12 PM
I hope everyone had a good, safe night. We took our kids to our church, there was LOTS of food :o and lots of games and lots of fun! I think I did well not eating too much. I still don't want to weigh myself, but I am going to today. I want a record of 1/1/05, to compare it to 1/1/06. But my official weigh in will be Monday with the rest of you.
I hope now that the holidays are over more of us will be back here, giving and getting encouragement.
I will be spending today setting my goals for this week, month and year. I will be setting more than weight goals, I want to set life goals. I want to take a class, take a vacation, do things. I am a stay at home/homeschool mom and I don't do much! I want some life! There are so many things I would like to do but I don't take the time. I'm not going to ignore my husband/children/house, but I'm tired of ignoring ME!(Do I sound like a bad country song? :lol: ) Oh well, that's my life right now! But this is a new year and a new attitude for me is in order.

Lori-I was just telling my hubby last night that I am going to order the gazelle, I figure for the 14.95/60 days TV offer, I would know if it works or not! (Haven't got my new book yet, will let you know)

Carol-Life is a war and I'm with you in prayer! Philippians 4:6 & 13!

Lisa-Hope you are feeling better and ready for this fight!

Dear Beloved Sarge-So glad you are back and sounding in good form! Glad you had a good Christmas. Now....Give us your best shot!! WE ARE READY FOR THIS BATTLE!

HAPPY, HEALTHY, BUTT KICKING, WEIGHT LOSING NEW YEAR BEAUTIES!!

PEACE,
KATHY

gfmomx6
01-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Got this from a friend, a real *****! and thought it fit with my last post about doing things for me!

*****OLOGY

When I stand up for myself and my beliefs, they call me
a *****. When I stand up for those I love, they call me a *****.
When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts or do things my own way,
they call me a *****. Being a ***** means I won't compromise what's
in my heart. It means I live my life MY way. It means I won't allow
anyone to step on me. When I refuse to tolerate injustice and speak
against it, I am defined as a *****. The same thing happens when I
take time for myself instead of being everyone's maid, or when I act
a little selfish. It means I have the courage and strength to allow
myself to be who I truly am and won't become anyone else's idea
of what they think I "should" be. I am outspoken, opinionated and
determined. I want what I want and there is nothing wrong with that!

So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame, try to squash
every ounce of beauty I hold within me. You won't succeed. And if
that makes me a *****, so be it.

I embrace the title and am proud to bear it.

If someone calls you a *****, smile at them and say "You make that sound like a bad thing."

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Kathy

ittybit71
01-02-2005, 11:12 AM
:rofl: Kathy! I loved your last post! " You say I'm a ***** like it's a bad thing?" is like my motto. Also, I was a stay-at-home mom for two years and I know how you're feeling. I started to feel stagnant. Then I started back to school (and I'm still going) and started working again (had to due to divorce), and it was like I came alive again. Not that I didn't love staying home with my baby, cuz I did and I would do it again. But you start to lose yourself in the mom/wife role. I think it would be wonderful for you (and your family) for you to take some classes, or join some sort of social group.
So how is everyone? I'm still suffering with this allergy stuff. I guess it's allergies? I've had it for over 2 weeks now along with everyone else here. I don't feel as bad as I did though, so that's good. Well, yesterday I got all my x-mas stuff down and put my house back in order with the help of the b/f, so today I don't have much to do. We didn't do much for New Years. My family runs a fireworks stand here a few times a year to raise money for my sisters hobbies (soccer, dance) so my son and I went out there for a while and helped while my b/f was working. My little guy was determined to stay up till midnight, and he made it! Then went right to bed and crashed. :D
Today I'm going to get some "good" food prepared for the week, and get some rest and do a little something exercise-wise so I'll be ready to start the battle tomorrow! :strong: I'm feeling pretty good about the weigh-in tomorrow. I don't feel like I've gained anything anyway. I'm also going to think of my goals I want to do. Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Happy New Years! :cheers:

Lisa

umma
01-03-2005, 07:37 AM
I am so happy that my life is going to back to normal today. My son is going back to school today so no more vacation. I really enjoy when he is home but am so used to my schedule when he goes to school that I was messing up this week. I didn't go over my points but again was not making the best of choices.
I go to my WW meeting tonight to see if it messed up my loss or not. I hope not. :crossed:
I have been thinking about goals that I would like to meet for this new year and have a few in mind but will post them later after I write them all down and give my official weigh in for the new year. I am really excited about getting motivated again with all of you.
Maybe we could start a new thread like every week or every other week. Sometimes it takes a while for my computer to load all of these pages. Just a suggestion though.
Well, it is time ot go get kids ready and start my day. I will be back tonight after my weigh in. I really look forward to getting back into the swing of things with all of you.

TTFN, Lori

oldwriter
01-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Just popping in to say I am at 279 yet.
Have to run, lots to do today.
Started off right this morning.
Good luck.

bandit2
01-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone:

Back to work today & back OP. Really motivated today & hope everyone else is as well. I know I gained over the holiday, but am not going to obsess over it. Back on track today & will check in after my ww meeting.

Bye for now.

Bulging2Much
01-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi Beauties. Well the dreaded step on the scale was what I thought....dreadful! I weighed in at, gulp, 294.5. :( So, first order of business for me is to get my butt in gear. I had a hard time getting my game face on today. I started out well but faltered a bit in the afternoon. I was a bit tired from working and from getting to bed too late. Anyway, tomorrow is shopping day. Lots of "program" foods for us. My husband and I also re-arranged the basement so we can actually use the equipment that's down there. We have an eliptical, Bowflex and Total Gym. I'm really feeling guilty about spending $29 for Curves. My plan is to start with 5 minutes on the eliptical tomorrow and add a minute each day. I plan to start Curves in a couple of weeks. I just need to get a few pounds off and gain a little endurance. I also will add some crunches and stretches as well. I'm thinking ahead to Kathy's idea of doing x-number of miles/month with WATP.

I'm glad everyone is feeling reenergized. It'll take a bit to get us going again but we can do it. I like the idea of a new thread. Do you want to keep it in Support Groups or go back to Buddy UP? I was thinking we could start calling it BB Week#1 and keep make a new one each week. What do you think?

I hope to hear from you all tomorrow. Keep up the water intake! Drink at least 4 glasses for me tomorrow. Talk to you soon.

ittybit71
01-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Hi Beauties! :grouphug: Well , here we go! I'm very excited about us all getting back on track! I got my power walking in today and drank my water. My food intake needs to be improved however :^: . Didn't too very well in that department today. On the good side though, I think I ate all the bad holiday stuff so I've got nothing but good food to eat now. :D Oh, and I weighed in this morning and I'm still at 202 lbs. so I didn't gain. :cp:
Sarge- don't feel guilty about spending money at Curves. You do whatever will keep you motivated to do it! Whether it's going to Curves or working out at home.
As for the rest of you Beauties- I'm anxious to hear how everyone did over the holidays!
Well, my boy is requesting snuggle-time with mommy, so I'm going to cut this short. I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

SW- 210
CW- 202
STG- 180
LTG- 140

Goals for the week- 3 Pilates workouts along with walking 2-3 miles every day.
Second goal- no more cheating!

umma
01-04-2005, 07:13 AM
Hello everyone,
SOrry I didn't post last night after my WW meeting but it was a bit crazy with diner, homework, baths, and then Hubby wanted me to watch TV with him.
Anyway, the scale was nice to me again this week. I did lose another 1.6 pounds. Did another 100 crunches yesterday too. I think my goals for this week are to alternate crunches and workouts. Since I did crunches yesterday I will do a workout today, and so on. I am doing great with my water, and ok with my food. I think I am starting to realize that I can really do this. It only took 3 months of actually doing it but I feel good about it today. I know that this feeling will only last as long as I don't mess up but for now I am going to enjoy it.
Sarge, I am so glad to hear that your husband is doing this with you. It makes it so much easier so that you don't have someone that you live with snacking on things that just don't fit into your daily menus.
Itty, I sooooo enjoy when the little ones want snuggle time. Makes it worth haveing to clean up after them 24/7 ;)

Well, ladies, I must go wake the big kid up for school. I will be back soon.

TTFN, Lori

bandit2
01-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi Everone:

Kept OP yesterday & did my WATP tape last night. Going to ww tonight, so wil post
after that. Feeling pretty good today.

Lori - nice job on the weight loss, keep it up.

Sarge - nice you have support at home. I do not at all & it is really starting to bug me.
BF said he was going to lose some weight starting in new year & last night at 10 pm made frozen pizza. I had already had supper so I just went to bed. And on Sunday we went to store with dd for some supplies for her to take back to university & he put chips in the cart (my biggest challenge food) so told him when they are opened to keep them in his office so I won't be tempted. So I really think it is great when someone has support.

Anyway, hope you are all doing great & keep up the good work. Bye for now.

ittybit71
01-04-2005, 08:05 PM
How is everyone tonight? I'm doing good. I didn't get my pilates in as planned this morning but I was thinking I'd go do some crunches instead. The tv is taken now. :rolleyes: I did do my 3 mile power walk at lunch also, drank my water, but did very bad with the food! :( Up until 2pm I had nothing but a cookie and some peanut brittle. Then I ate a couple of baked chicken strips that I made and some sunflower seeds (better), came home and had oatmeal for dinner (except I also had a very small slice of my sons pizza :nono: ). I have to detox myself of this bad food!
Lori- Congrats on the weight loss!! :cp: :cb: :dancer: :grouphug: You go girl! I think you're doing the best of all of us. You're certainly an inspiration for me. :D
Bandit- Hang in there girl! You did great with the chip compromise, keep it up! And I'm so happy to hear everyone is getting their exercise in! Go girls!
Well, I'm off to do my crunches! I'll be back to report in tomorrow! I will do better....I will do better....I will do better....

Lisa

umma
01-05-2005, 08:43 AM
Hello everyone,

Well, last night was NOT a good night. We went out to diner to a NON WW FRIENDLY Diner.....oops :o . Well I didn't to bad at the diner. I had teryaki chicken and mixed veggies. It was when I came home with the cookies for my kids dessert that was bad. My kids don't like the cookies that this place give and I do. Guess who ate one of them? And when I say one I mean it was a big one. One was enough to give me an awfull belly ache last night and this morning. So I guess I am getting what I deserve for eating it. :(
So instead of just doing crunches today I am also going to do a workout. I think I may do that for the next few days, so I don't kill the scale when I go back for my weigh in.

OK, Listen up Ladies........Do you remember when you decided to start losing weight? Do you remember the desire you had? How about the determination? Do you remember why you wanted to lose it? SO why are we letting it slip now? Go back to the way you felt when you first started this journey. Go back to the basics. Go back to writing everything down, measureing, and weighing your food. What ever it was that you did. GO BACK TO DOING IT!!!! Why is it that we let our selves get so bothered by the holidays and then just keep eating the way we did when the holidays were here? Like Ittybitty said, DETOX your self from that food. Lets be the big losers this year. Get back on here and post. It was helping before......let it help again. I think a new thread is a great idea and should be started every week. I remember when we all couldn't wait to come on here and see what extra challenge Sarge had for us to do that day/week. I say we get back to it.
I have a personal goal for this year. I want to be able to go to Six Flags with my kids and go on all the roller coasters with my son. Last year we went and I didn't go on many becasue I was afraid that I wouldn't fit. I am not going to do that this year. I am going to go there confident that I will fit and thats that.
I need you guys. I know that sounds terrible but I really enjoyed when we posted ALL the time. It helped me. I know it sounds that I am being a whiny brat, but damn it, GET BACK HERE. I am determined and I want you to be to.

Ok I will stop that now and hope you all don't hate me for being pushy. Just trying to get you all back on track.

Extra challenge being thrown at you........25 crunches the day you read this. I will be doing my crunches today so I will add 25 to mine. Who is with me?
Well, time for me to start my day. I will talk to you all later. Have a happy and healthy day.

TTFN, Lori

bandit2
01-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone - well my w/i was not good. Up 6# over the last few weeks.
But knew I would be up so have to accept it & keep going. Day 3 of being back on track & feel great.

Goal for this week is to exercise 3 x for at least 1/2 hour and stay OP with my food.

Keep up the good work & talk to you soon.

Bulging2Much
01-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Hi Beauties!

Sorry, I haven't posted. Yesterday morning I had a little mishap. Long story short...I messed up the car, I don't know the extent of damage to my gas tank or underside of car, but hey, I'm alive.

Lori, I just did 30 crunches for you. My sides are in a slight spasm but I'll get over it.

Bandit, keep at it. Think the positive. You think it, you'll be it.

Lisa, good for you turning something into nothing. You couldn't do pilates but you did (or I hope you did) crunches instead.

Personally, I'm getting the vibe that everyone is having trouble refocusing. Is that my imagination? I know I am. Do you think we need new blood? I know I felt better helping others when they wanted to jump on board. Please don't get me wrong ladies. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! I'm just wondering if motivating those new to the site might motivate us. Just a thought and I know Lori mentioned a new forum. Think about it.

Ok, I'm off to get some chores done. New challenge. 5 leg lifts when you read this. No excuses!!

Talk to you soon. :)

ittybit71
01-05-2005, 08:44 PM
And, and! I did 50 crunches this morning! (and I did some last night too!) and I power walked my 2 1/2 miles at lunch...in the rain! And now I'm going to do 50 more crunches for Lori and leg lifts for Sarge! :strong: I did lots better eating today. Not perfect...but much better. And for tomorrow I've already packed salad, chicken, low-carb yogurt, and oatmeal for breakfast! Lori- you've inspired me even more tonight! It's true- I don't know why I start out so strong and then burn out? Well, I'm done being burned out! I don't want to look lumpy anymore! I'm with you Lori!
Bandit- don't be discouraged! Keep up the positive attitude! It's probably a lot of water weight anyway, and will drop off again fast.
I also wish everyone else will get back here! But in the meantime, we may be few but we are strong! Let's motivate each other and fight this war! We will win! :cheer:

Am I motivated tonight or what? ;)

ittybit71
01-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Sarge, Lori- I just did my pilates workout. :encore: Thank you, thank you very much. :D

Have a good night!

Lisa

bandit2
01-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi - did my WATP again last night & had a really nice OP dinner with dd. Grilled salmon with rice & veggies.

Feel really good today & am drinking lots water.

Thanks for the encouraging words & keep up the good work.

Bye for now.

ittybit71
01-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Hi ladies! Boy, I haven't had a chance to log on in a few days and I figured I'd be way behind everyone's news, just to find out that NOBODY has been here except for Bandit! Where are you? :(
Well, here's my update: I've been doing very good with the exercising the last few days, did my pilates this morning. Food-wise I've been doing so-so. I'm going to the store tonight or in the morning so I'll stock up again on good stuff. And I've been doing really good on my water except for today. I just realized I haven't had any today! Well, just a glass or two. :dz:
I'm going to have to cut this short, the bf and I are going to the movies. I hope everybody's kicking butt with their plans! :goodvibes Talk to you soon!

gfmomx6
01-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Hi Beauties!
Okay, I'm guilty! I have been hanging out, reading posts, but not posting! That doesn't help support anyone and I'm sorry. I really need you all, like Lori said, posting here helps. Keeps me on track having to be accountable to someone else. I have actually been doing pretty good, except yesterday :( but I got up today did my 3 mile WATP and I have already drank all my water. I will get up in the morning and do it again! and again, and again! And I will come here and bore you all to death with it!
Sarge, are you wimping out on us??? ;)

Come on ladies, we can do this!!
Type to you all tomorrow!!

Peace,
Kathy

ittybit71
01-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Just wanted to tell everyone that I just found a cool website called FitDay.com. You can get on there and keep a journal, track what you eat, exercise etc. and it breaks down everything for you. Also, it's free!

Be back later, after my exercise and stuff.

Lisa

gfmomx6
01-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Hi ladies! How was everyone's day? Mine went well until we went to a friends house for dinner! She made some REALLY good Chicken Al Fredo! I had 1 1/2 helpings :( before I stopped myself and emptied my plate into the garbage! I did get up first thing this morning and WATP 3 miles though! So hopefully I evened out the day?? :^: My weigh in is in the morning, so we'll see what has happened since last Mondays 243.5
Come on ladies, get back on board! We all ate a little too much over the holidays but we can't let that keep us away!

Have a great night!
Peace,
Kathy

gfmomx6
01-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Hi Beauties!
My weigh in was great!! I lost 3.5#!! I am at 240! I live for the 9's, but I'm just gonna pass it on by this week, I'm going down! When I was at my Dr.s office last week I looked in my chart and found that at my 6 wk check up after having my son(who just turned 2 Saturday) I weighed 239. So I am back to where I was 2 years ago. I didn't look back farther in the chart to see how much I weighed at the beginning of my preg., although I'm sure it wasn't much lower, I've been heavy for a long time! When I had my oldest son, 17 1/2 years ago, I weighed 200#. Hard to believe when I started that preg I was at 135!! I don't think I'll ever see that again after 6 kids! I'm just hoping for around 160. Slowly but surely I will be there by the end of this year!
Did everyone find new groups to join or what? It sure is quiet around here. I can't believe that everyone(almost) has just quit?
Come on ladies!!
I hope everyone has a great day.
Peace,
Kathy

ittybit71
01-10-2005, 09:26 PM
I just wrote this big old long entry here and my computer went wacky and I lost it! This is gonna be shorter. :D
Kathy- Congrats on the 3.5 lbs! :cp: :dance: You go girl! And don't worry about getting back down to 135. Just worry about getting healthier. I'd be happy just to get down to around 160 too! Plus, if we got TOO thin now we'd have all the "loose skin". ;)
Sarge- Where are you? I thought you were going to lead us into battle?
And Lori? You're doing so good! Where are you?

Well, I've got good news and bad news: The bad news is I've gained! I weighed in this morning at 207 and last week I was 202! Maybe water weight? :shrug: The good news is that seeing the scale this morning got me back on track with my eating habits. I didn't cheat at all today! Not one thing went into my mouth that wasn't supposed to be there! :cb: I'm very proud of myself. Once you get through that first day or two it gets easier to stay on plan.
So I hope to hear from everyone soon! My goal for this week is stay on plan. And I have a challenge for you! I want everyone who reads this to do an extra 5 minutes of exercise (whatever kind) at your next workout! I power-walked/ran an extra 1/2 mile today at lunch. I've also been doing really good drinking all my water. Keep it up girls! We can do this! :grouphug:

Lisa

bandit2
01-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Kathy - good for you on that weight loss, keep up the good work.
Lisa - you really sound motivated which is great. Keep focussed!
This week at w/i I stayed the same, so I am really going to have to stay right on track this week. Did my WATP tape only 2x last week, so this week my goal is to do it 3x and stay OP all week.

Everyone else - hi & hope to hear from you all soon. Bye for now.

ittybit71
01-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi ladies! How is everyone? I started classes again tonight. Texas government and Business Calculus..fun, fun! :rolleyes: I think Texas is the only state that has it's own govt. class...kind of egotistical, don't you think?
I'm proud to say that I did well again today! I did have a starbucks coffee during class, but I got the sugar-free, fat-free, decaf and all that. I walked at lunch and drank all my water too.
Kathy and Bandit- How did you do today? Did you get that exercise in? speaking of which, did anyone take me up on my challenge? :s: And don't get discouraged Bandit! Think of it this way...you didn't gain! (Like me :( ).
Well girls, I'm tired. :yawn: I'm anxious to hear how everyone's day went! Have a good night and I'll talk to you soon! Stay strong! :strong:

Lisa :grouphug: :goodvibes

gfmomx6
01-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Hi girls,:wave:
Just wanted to check in, see if anyone has come back?? NOPE! Come on, Carol, Lori, Sarge, where are you???
Well, I have now done something I haven't done since high school PE class!! I have exercised 4 days in a row!!:encore: I have done the 3 Mile for Abs WATP tape everyday! I am amazed with my flabby self!:dancer:
Sorry Lisa, I forgot the extra workout :( but I will do it in the morning! How is Pilates? I am wanting to do something different besides walk every day. I have all the Tae Bo tapes, but man, they tire me out!! I don't think I'm ready for that yet! The www.winsorpilates.com/special_offers site has a special for 9.95, for the DVD(or VHS) Basics, Step by step, 20 minute workout, Sculpting journal and Win-in-10 Meal Plan. It sounds good, but how is the workout? I don't know anyone who has it. Good luck in your classes!
Bandit-Better to stay the same than to gain! Do an extra workout one time this week and you'll see that scale go down!
Don't forget to drink your water!!! I have been having a hard time with this lately!
Food today wasn't too bad. I will bore you all now with my food journal-
Bfast-Chai latte tea-sugar free
Light peach yogurt with 1/4 c grape nut cereal stirred in
Lunch-Turkey sand on ww bread, light mayo, mustard
chips and salsa
diet dr pepper
Dinner-scrambled egg and ham burrito with light sour cream and salsa
left over red potatoes fried in a little olive oil
water

Well, thats my day! Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!

Peace,
Kathy

ittybit71
01-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey Kathy!
I'm at work right now so I can't talk long, just checking the posts. I'll get back on tonight after class though and give you the run down. Till then!

Lisa

ittybit71
01-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Ok, Kathy- How are you? I do Tae-Bo also. I've been doing it for 5 years or so. I wanted to try something different and my cousin had ordered the Winsor Pilates and never used them so I got them off of her. So here's the low down: Pilates is easier on the joints because there's no jumping around. It uses a lot of control and there's some stretching in there too. It seems easy until you get the moves down and do them correctly and then you realize that it's pretty hard. I do the 20 minute and 1 hour work-outs. I haven't gotten to the ones where you use the band or anything yet. It's floor work with a lot of stomach work. Some of the moves I can't quite do cuz my fat belly gets in my way.. :D but there's a girl doing modified versions of all the exercises if you're not quite flexible or strong enough yet. I would think it's kind of similiar to yoga maybe? I've never done yoga though. Once you get the movements down you'll work up a good sweat doing it. I like it a lot.
Well, I'm off to bed. Hello to everyone else! I hope you're still checking in. Bandit- how are you doing?
I'll try to check in tomorrow. Night! :grouphug:

Lisa

ittybit71
01-15-2005, 12:41 AM
Kinda lonely here these days.......I'll check back in tomorrow.

Night ladies.

oldwriter
01-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Good Morning! :coffee:

I have been in the middle of house construction in kitchen, new floor, next is waterproofers doing basement, then guys back in to turn 1/4bath/closet/outside basement entrance into a bath/laundry.

Also working on finishing a book manuscript for an agent/editor - a childrens book for 7-10 yr olds.

Put tile down on kitchen so will have to keep cooking on table in front room. made a mini kitchen w/ mico, slow cooker, electric skillet, toaster, coffee pot, can opener, roaster. haven't used roaster or slow cooker yet. Fridg weighs about 400lbs so had to work around it as wouldn't fit thru door.
May use roaster as fridge when they grout tile. Cook mostly easy stuff from freezer.
Manage to have 2 more lbs of water weight gain :?: and lost that. Took me up to 281, but ankes and legs looked loggy. This morning I weighed 277 1/2. WHEW! :)
2 1/2 to go to be back to starting weight here. Will get exercise running upstairs to go to loo - my second home. :lol:
Prob won't be here tomorrow for weigh day. Guys are finishing edges of kitchen tile. Fine dust everywhere. :dizzy:
Have to police basement for basement guys on Tuesday.
Didn't let Tom see a $15 Body Bow I bought at Big lots. Snuck it into my office under a desk. I have the exercise equipment stored in his work shed until I get the upstairs ceilings done. Thought I could at least do that and Tae bo since I'm not trudging in the snow to the cold shed. Think he might get a bit annoyed if he sees another piece. :lol:
Have a great Sunday! On to Victory!
Will change ticker later. ;) God Bless!
Carol

gfmomx6
01-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Sorry I haven't been around, things get so crazy around here :dizzy: Should slow down though, my 2 homeschool girls are going back to "regular" school this week. We have come to the conclusion that instead of having them hate me and school we will let them go back! I am really relieved! I'm tired of fighting with them everyday to get school work done, it has been very stressful lately. Enough about my week!!
How is everyone? Carol, so good to see you back! Hope your house is back to normal soon!
Lisa, Thanks for the info on Pilates, I think I'm going to order it this week, I really need something to work different parts of the body.
Well tomorrow is weigh in, don't know how it will go. TOM came today, so we'll see how much water I'm holding onto!!
See you soon-hopefully!
Peace,
Kathy

bandit2
01-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone - I am doing OK, weekends are tough. Went to movies & of course, had to have the popcorn - it was great! Didn't really get the movie "Oceans 12" - bf really liked it but it did nothing for me. Going to ww meeting tomorrow, so will check back in with results. Tonight I am having roast beef with turnip, peas & a little gravy. Had a big salad for lunch.

The excercising is not going too well. But tonight I am going to do my tape as soon as I get home, that seems the way I get around to it.

Anyway, have a great evening!

oldwriter
01-19-2005, 04:58 AM
Hi girls,
Just a quick note as I have to shower and scramble to get stuff ready. Both crews were here yesterday, 9 men; today there may be 12. Basement might be finished be thurs or Friday. They ran into a problem - a bad sewage tile. They weren't sure if already broke or broke when jack-hammering.
Getting my exercise empying closets for next project.
I had real skinny ankles this morning - Yea!!!
I cooked on the stove last night. They finished the kitchen tiling yesterday. Boy was I sick of cooking the other way.
Well, I better scram. Have a great day.
Carol

bandit2
01-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Hi everyone:

Carol - nice to have skinny ankles!

Had my w/i last night & was up .2#. Goal this week is to stay OP, do exercise tapes 3 times & have healthy snacks.

Got snow overnight & suppose to have 30 cm more today. Don't know about everyone else but I am ready for spring.

Have a great day & talk to you all soon.

oldwriter
01-20-2005, 05:55 AM
Hi Bandit,
You'll get back. Don't beat yourself up.
I have a very cute and active young cat named bandit. Black and white female, her face seems to have a little black mask over her eyes and nose. Always zipping around and looking at me like what did I do? :lol: When I see your name , I think of her, so i will see you as young and active, ok?
When you are young and active, you are up to all the challenges.
I try to stay young at heart so the body has to move wheather it creaks or not! :lol:
We'll make it hon. It takes time & most blew it over the holidays so we are all getting fired up to GO ON TO VICTORY!
Well, I got to go, construction guys will be back today and they come early.
Love to all,
Carol :coffee:
PS: don't see those skinny ankles often.

bandit2
01-24-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone:

Carol - my dd cat name is Bandit & he has the mask look hence the name. Yes, you can think of me as young & active that would be nice. Actually I think I am pretty immature most of the time & people say I look my younger than my age so I guess that is good.

Yesterday we ended up going to a hotel since we had no water since it froze.
It is very cold up here & our new garage door froze so I guess the wind froze the pipe.
It was OK this morning so that was a relief. We have so much snow right now, I can't even see the back deck anymore & they say more is coming.

So looking forward to spring - in the meantime I am keeping bundled up & making the best of it.

Have a good day & talk to you soon. Bye for now.

oldwriter
01-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Hi Bandit, :)

Wonder where everyone is?
There is nothing wrong with being young at heart.
I'm 58 but I feel young on the inside. Some people seem to be old at a young age.
Pity, so much of God's world to enjoy, even if you are only looking at it.
Take the snow for example, it can be distressing; but on a cold clear night when the stars are in the sky and the moon shines on the crunchy snow, it sparkles like a million diamonds. :)
Can you get heat tape to wrap your pipes ?
Have a great day!
Carol

bandit2
01-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Hi - yes, the pipes are taped but the new garage door wasn't working & the door was open for 3 days & with the wind chill it was -60 so that was the problem. After getting the door closed they were fine the next day.

It really has been cold up here & so much snow. I find it hard to believe it is only half over. Looking forward to spring & going to my trailer again. I went to Vegas in Dec & it was chilly there as well. One of the ladies I work with wants me to go away with her for a week somewhere hot - so we will see what she comes up with & I just might go. That is what I need right now - to sit in the sun, swim & have some nice drinks around the pool - bf can stay home this time :-)

Haven't been too bad with my eating so far this week. Had a nice steak, baked potatoe, asparagus, mushrooms & peppers last night for supper. Have enough of the same for tonight - so just have to heat it up for tonight. Love leftovers - especially with a daily commute, it really saves me time.

Anyway, it is almost lunch time - today I brought a lean cuisine canneloni & will have some melba toast with it - I really like that one.

What is your weather like? Bye for now.

oldwriter
01-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi,
You could go to Florida. Disney World is awesome but not cheap. My sister lives an hour north of Miami. Nice place to visit but this is home.
It was one degree this morning with a pretty good wind. Coldest it can get in our area is -20. Cold enough. Hate what it does to middle aged skin.:-( LOL
We have several inches on the ground but the streets are dry now.

Been munching since Tom brought home potato chips -my favorite- do better when
guys get done working on the house. Should have come up to the office today to work, I could have stayed out of them better.
Maybe I'll try on of those Lean Cuisine -have to watch the sodium tho. Most pre-packaged are loaded with it. get tired of fixing from scratch.

Do you have to put something special on your skin to survive -60?
Mine feels bad just feeding the dog -she's husky mix-she loves the cold.
Have a thin day!

Carol

bandit2
01-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi Carol:

I use a good mosturizer on my skin before going out & before bedtime & have a bottle at work as well. I wear a scarf & lots of turtleneck tops that I can pull up over my face if I am out for awhile. All this helps.

Have a good day & try to stay away from those chips! (That is probably my worst
weakness - I just love them)

Have a good weekend & talk to everyone (where are they??) soon.

oldwriter
01-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Hi! :coffee:
Looks like we are the only ones keeping this thread moving.
Finally got a little warmer here.

Enjoying quiet of no workers in the house.
Taked to my children, son and wife expecting 5th child in July.
Daughter and hubby are trying to start a business. they are a little scared.

I'm out of chips now and don't get paid till Tuesday. :lol:
As the work progresses, I am calming down and don't feel so much like munching.

My hands are a mess - trying to drink more water to replenish the skin.
My sister has cancer, she looks dry and wrinkled in the morning and by the end of the day, after hydrating she looks smooth again.

Well, talking to my daughter, so have a good weedend. :)

Carol

gfmomx6
01-30-2005, 01:28 AM
Hello Ladies!
I'm still here, just been on "lurk" mode lately. I been popping in and out to see whats up. SORRY!! My girls went back to school, and my son also left to go to school in Oregon. It's just me and the 2 little one's home all day now, we watch lots of cartoons! I've been doing pretty good though, I got on the scale this morning and was surprised to find I have lost 4# this week! That puts me at 9 for the month. I told my hubby that I wasn't going to eat till after my "official" weigh in Monday, I want to be at -10 for the month!! But, then we went to lunch. Wasn't too bad, hubby and I shared a sandwich and salad bar. I finished 34 of 50 miles I wanted to with my WATP tapes, better than last month, but I have really been slacking off the last 2 weeks since my girls went back to school. I get really motivated though when I see those numbers go down on the scale!
Carol, glad to hear your construction is getting done, won't it be nice to have your house back? Congrats on the new grandbaby, we have 6, and I'm sure our parents thought we were nuts every time we called to tell them another was on the way!!
Bandit, I wish you warm weather!! We all know how much I detest the cold, I don't think I could live where you are!! Good to hear you got the door fixed and got your water back!
Well, it's bed time, but I promise I will be back!!! I really miss talking to everyone, I wish Rebecca and the others would come back! Do you think we should start a new thread? This one is getting long.
Peace and STAY WARM!!!
Kathy

oldwriter
01-30-2005, 07:04 AM
Hi Kathy,

Up to you if you want to start a new thread.
Congragradulations on the loss. Time to do a little something nice for yourself. ;)
They got the tile floor laid in the new room and are putting in the 200 amp box and wiring Monday, may not have power for a little as power company has to come. Hope that doesn't take long. :?:
Kids ask me to come to NC to help a bit with the new baby, I'll get charge of the other 4, I'm sure. She always nurses and is very, baby needs me type.
She homeschools, too and translates for childrens services half days. She took 6 months off with the last one. Will try to take down some money to get groceries as I will probably be cooking too. That way I won't feel like I'm using up their stuff and they are very tight with groceries. Definately lose weight at their house. :lol:
Haven't been down to see them since last one was 6 moths, Grace is 18 months now. They are Sarah, 9 ;David, 7; Isaac,5 and Grace, 18 mos.
Glad they told me early so I can get money together to go. Be good to see them again.
Be the third time in 20 years that I've been out of the state. :)
Not that I didn't want to, money too tight. When down to check on my sister that year too. She is in Fla and fighting cancer - hanging in there.
Well Bandit and Kathy, need to get my day started. Have a blessed Sunday.
Carol

oldwriter
01-31-2005, 06:28 AM
Good morning. Up in the office early this morning. :coffee:
Foggy as pea soup this morning. 11 degrees
Got errands to run this afternoon. Maybe I ought to put on my pedomiter so i know how far I go in one day, much of it spent going upstairs till they get downstairs bathroom finished. At my age and weight, that's more than I care to admit to. :o
Grabbed a small strawberry muffin and coffee on way up here as I have my meds down and get crummy stomache if i don't eat something after. Yuk- too sweet. I don't care for sweet stuff much. I'm the salty chip person and meat. :rolleyes:
Hope you are staying warm bandit. Guess you get plenty of exercise with 6 children, Kathy.
Going to put my old heavy scales that i inherited from my mom on that nice level tile floor in the new bathroom. It's very honest. :( :lol:
Going grocery shopping today. tired of trying to make a meal with less than needed. Boring! :dizzy:
Edited this, more than anyone would want to know. Carol

oldwriter
02-01-2005, 06:32 AM
Guess I scared eeveryone off. :lol:

Hope you are having a great day.
I'm going to work on cleaning the upstairs for my exercise today.
Most of the construction dust is done. Yea!

Think I'll have to fix my favorite Talapia fish today.
Another site i am on asked what our favorite diet foods were.
What are yours.
I fix this wonderful tasting fish w a few drops of lime juice, mixed herbs and a sprinkle, when I flip it, of bread crombs. They come frozen and individually shrink wrapped. I buy the box of 16 for $13 something at WalMart. They are farm raised.

Have a great day!
Carol :coffee:

oldwriter
02-01-2005, 06:43 AM
Let me know if you start a new thread so i don't come here and talk to myself.LOL

oldwriter
02-02-2005, 05:52 AM
Yoo HOO! Anyone home?

oldwriter
02-03-2005, 05:59 AM
All ALONE AM i EVER SINCE YOUR GOODBYE, ALL ALONE WITH JUST THE BEAT OF MY HEART. PEOPLE ALL AROUND BUT I DON'T HEAR A SOUND. :?:

This used to be a really moving and groving site.
Please don't stay away because you feel you've failed. :(
I don't know if I've lost anything; but, I made up my mind to check in and try to say Hi each day. :)
Believe me I know how it feels to feel like I'll never get thin- I feel that way now; but, I don't dare give up. My life is too important to throw it away. :wave:

Let's step out there and try, try, try. :^:
Most of you have already lost, i'm probably still at the beginning- but it's the beginning-not the end. :dance: :cp: :bravo:

Let's get together :grouphug: and keep this going.
Love to all,
Carol :balloons: :thanks: :goodluck: :coffee2: :goodscale :dancer: :dance: :cb: :strong: :spin: ;) :coffee: :) :D :hat: :goodvibes :bubbles:

gfmomx6
02-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Hi Carol! I'm still around, in and out! Sorry! I think we should start a new thread and maybe get some new people to join us. I know I don't like to join in groups that seem to have been together for awhile, I don't want to feel like an outsider. Just my opinion!
My diet is going good, down to 236! Hubby is still losing too, faster than me :?: and he's not being as good as me!! It's not fair :( Oh well, at least we are both getting healthy. That's the whole point.
Well, gotta go make dinner. I PROMISE I will check in tomorrow!!
Peace,
Kathy

oldwriter
02-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Will it be the same thread name, will it bring it up higher on the frist page?
It may be confusing looking for it for a new person. I noticed it moved when you posted. Don't think it does for me.

Just let me know, I'll be there. Hope bandit comes back.
Carol

oldwriter
02-05-2005, 05:22 AM
I'm still here.

gfmomx6
02-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Good Morning Carol and everyone(anyone?) else still here!!
I made a new thread in the Buddy Up! section, It's called "New Chicks, Old Chicks, Need a Buddy? Come on In!" All you have to do(I think!) is click on this link- http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=771497#post771497 It should be clickable, but if it isn't copy and paste it in your address bar, I tried that and it works.
YOOHOOOOOOO--Lori, Lisa, Rebecca, rebelridergirl, where are you all at?? I hope you check in with us and let us know how you're doing!!
Peace,
Kathy

PS-Carol, everytime someone posts to a thread, that thread is put at the top of the listing. When someone posts to a different thread, that one is put at the top. That's why this thread keeps getting pushed around, sometimes to the second page, it doesn't get posted to very often, and it makes it hard to find. If you go to the purple bar at the top of the page click on "Quick Links" , then on "Subscribed Threads" and it will show you the threads you have posted to and you don't have to go searching! I hope this helps!! Hope to see you in the new thread!!