100 lb. Club - Weekly weigh-in (Nov. 29-Dec.5)

View Full Version : Weekly weigh-in (Nov. 29-Dec.5)

barbygirl43
11-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Since it's almost 1 here in Oklahoma and I still don't see one of these threads, I'll go ahead and start.
I gained about 3 pounds give or take and am back up to 265.5. I know what caused it and how to fix the problem. Looking forward to reporting those pounds gone next week.

How'd you do this week?

teapotdynamo
11-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Weird... Dawnyal, I think we may have entered the Twilight Zone or something! I too was suprised nobody had started this thread yet, but I thought I must be missing it somewhere!

Well, I'm very pleased to report that I've lost 6 pounds over the last two weeks (I didn't weigh in here last week as I didn't have internet access). It's really a first for me not to go crazy over the holidays. I have to admit that I'm feeling pretty good about it. Just two more pounds until the 50-pound mark!

Dawnyal, hang in there. You'll probably lose it all this week. Look at it this way - you may have jump started your metabolism :).

barbygirl43
11-29-2004, 05:36 PM
That is so awesome you lost 6 pounds even amidst a holiday. WTG and so close to the 50 pound mark as well. Do you have a reward set up for that milestone?

teapotdynamo
11-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Funny, hubby asked me the same thing! I don't, really. I was going to wait until I hit 199 for a big one (still have to figure out what it is, though!). Maybe a spa day or something? I originally had my eye on a pair of very cute Fluevog shoes (way more expensive than I have *ever* bought). They look like Betty Boop or something...super cute! I'm very bad at rewarding myself, though!

Ivanna B. Skinny
11-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Well, folks, no weigh in for me this Monday...Tom is here. Plus, Im fighting off some sort of funk thats going around...hubby had it all weekend. I htink I over medicated myself, b/c as Im sitting here typing, I feel kinda dizzy. I took 2 midol, and 2 dayquil at the same time... ooops. I didnt know that was too much. Actually, at the time, I felt too bad to care. Take care all, I hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

howie6267
11-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Jennifer that is awsome 6 pounds at this time of year. You are doing great. :bravo:

I don't know if I'll lose or not this week. Probably not. I ate what I wanted on Thanksgiving but then I also piged out Saturday night. I went out taking photos with a friend Saturday and did really well eating. He wanted to go to Burger King and get this new Angus Burger. I had chicken and a salad. Then on the way home from his house I just caved in. I'd been thinking how good his burger looked all day. I hate how attached to food I am. So I will be thrilled if I can just stay the same weight. I did good Friday and Sunday plus today so who knows how it will effect the scales.

PamPSM644
11-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Same weight as last week,232,at least I didn't gain,Now back to the grind stone. :tape:

Annie-Rose
11-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Well i'm still the same. I'm feeling better now and am eating properly again! Congratulations Jennifer!

teapotdynamo
11-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks, you guys! I appreciate the kind words. I had some off-plan meals, but I managed to balance it out better than usual (and exercised like a fiend!).

Now... (sung to the tune of "Where is Thumbkin")

"Where is Sarah? Where is Sarah?"

(Now is the part where Sarah pops up to say, "Here I am! Here I am!")

Sandi
11-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Where is thumkin!?!?! Now I have that tune in my head!!! :lol:

Tammy32
11-30-2004, 07:55 PM
Dawnyal, Great attitude in spite of your gain. It's good to know that you know exactly what you need to do. You will see results in no time.

Jennifer, a 6 pound loss during the holidays is quite an accomplishment. Having so much self-control shows how strong you are. You should feel overjoyed and then some! :) :)

Amy Jo, I hope that your funk does not last as long as mine did. I was sick over two weeks. It was not pleasant. **** along with TOM, I feel really bad for you. Not fun to have both at the same time. I hope that you get to feeling better soon.

Pam and Annie, Great job on maintaining! Like always it is so much better to maintain than to gain. :)

mezmerize
12-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Jennifer awesome Loss!!!

Dawnyal youíll find your way the holidays are ruff.

Howie I know what you mean about being attached to food. Iím also craving a burger from Hardeeís I think the one that was posted not to long ago looked so good. We drove past there the other day and it smelled great! What has saved me is when I picture that burger I picture that ugly fat piled high. ( Iím donít know how long that will work but I have my fingers crossed)

Pam / Annie Rose thumbs up on maintaining.

Amy Jo I hope you feel better.

I lost 1lbs.

howie6267
12-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Yep that picture was a hard one to get by for me. That thing looks so good.

On a good note I weighed at work just to check up on myself. I usually weigh a little heavy here and I still weigh 338. So no gain and I'm hoping by Friday to show a loss for the week when I weigh officially.

lessofsarahtolove
12-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Now... (sung to the tune of "Where is Thumbkin")

"Where is Sarah? Where is Sarah?"

(Now is the part where Sarah pops up to say, "Here I am! Here I am!")
Here I am! :wave: Here I am! :wave: I've was at a friend's house for a few days and without computer access for all but 5 minutes. Sheesh, I feel like I missed so much!! I'm all discombobulated! And Jen, I just completely heart you for noticing I wasn't here, you sweetie pie... :love:

slimmingsi
12-01-2004, 06:38 PM
damn right howie that burger looked so awesome like i said though more appealing with lots of beer :D

Fitbabe
12-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Still at 171. I'm starting to wonder if my scale is broken and just stuck on that number....

Charbar
12-02-2004, 09:13 AM
I gained 1 lb.
I think all of you did amazing over the holiday!! Congrats!!

lessofsarahtolove
12-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Hey everybody -- Well I thought I'd just ballooned in weight, but even with TOM I'm down a pound. Given the passage of time, it's not where it should be, but darn if it isn't a lot better than I'd thought it would be!

Woo hoo -- I love that pound loss!! :lol: A pound is a pound is a pound. :yes:

rebelridergirl
12-02-2004, 01:06 PM
The last two weeks have been really hard for me. :ink: I am up to 275. UGHH! I need to change my ticker! I have done really good this week and I feel good about decisions I have made. More exercising, less snacking, and eating healthier. Hopefully next week I will be able to report a loss. Good luck to everyone!

barbygirl43
12-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Dana--that is great that. You are still under your prepreg weight.

Wow Sarah--all that and you still lost a pound WTG.

Rebel--you'll be losing again in no time. Just keep doing those healthy changes you are doing and the weight will come off.

howie6267
12-02-2004, 02:28 PM
That is great Dana. You must really be doing good eating healthy.

Good for you Sarah. One holiday down one to go. We can do it. As they say in the Starsky and Hutch movie "DO IT DO IT". I don't know if you all seen the movie but me and Kimberley are always saying that to each other. Just one of those dumb things that struck us funny.

Rebel you just get back at it. The holidays are hard for all us but together we can help each other and get this weight off.

howie6267
12-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Well I really thought I would have a gain or maintain this week. I can't believe I lost 3 lbs this week. I hit the 80 lb mark and then some. I'm so happy.

barbygirl43
12-03-2004, 02:07 PM
WTG Howie---Look at you losing. So what are your rewards when you reach that first 100 pound mark?

howie6267
12-03-2004, 02:43 PM
I don't really have any rewards in mind for 100 lb mark. I'm looking forward to a new suit and wedding band when I reach goal. Plus I'm going to throw a half size party when I get to 245. I will be half of what I once was at that weight. I'm going to have people try on my old pants and take pictures.

rebelridergirl
12-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Dawnyal- you are right...I just need to stay focused!

Howie- WTG...that's a great idea about the party. I really like that!

Everyone else that has lost...GREAT JOB!

And those of who havent...Keep going!

barbygirl43
12-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Howie that sounds like a cool idea

Tammy32
12-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Well, I did not listen to the trainer when he told me that I should hold off weighing for a month. I was up 2/10 of a pound. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it is hard. I am doing weights 6 days a week now. I have some serious toning to work on. I'd much rather be gaining some muscle to make up for some of this flabby skin but it is difficult to get into my brain that not losing does not necessarily make me a failure. The trainer told me to measure as opposed to weigh, but in my mind at 195 I still see myself as being very overweight and think that I should be seeing a loss. I know that this logic is not right seeing that the trainer told me that I was likely to see a gain. I'm going to have to re-focus and try to re-teach myself a different way of thinking. I realize that what I am doing is good and that it is healthy, thus I should not feel let down when I don't see a loss like I want.

Congratulations to all the losers over the holidays. I worked very hard at the gym and closely watched what I ate so I am still considering myself a loser. Maybe not in the traditional sense but by losing fat and gaining muscle. :) :)

PamPSM644
12-05-2004, 11:58 AM
:encore: Weighed muself last nite and lost 4 more lbs. Yippi! From 280 to 238.

mezmerize
12-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Fitbabe - You know we might have the same scale mine also does that... but then something happens and it moves again.... Wonder why it does that ;) Seriously Nice job maintaining. (Sometimes it does help to kick it when it moves up instead of down)

Rebel - Keep going it takes time for change and your on the right path.

Charbar - Your doing great!! I agree you are doing an amazing job!

Sarah - YEAH!!! Your working so hard and with TOM comming speechless!!! I told you ROCK more!!!

Howie- Yeah!! 3 lbs loss!! That party does sound awesome but I don't know if I would be brave enough to others take pictures in my old jeans. (it' might be a girl thing)

Tammy - I also consider you a loser! Your doing great!!! I completely understand the weighing thing it's hard not to see those numbers go down when one's been so good with workouts and diet. I'm so happy you posted that. I think we have all been there. Thanks