S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default Manic monday!

eek.. brb!
Old 11-29-2004, 10:09 AM   #2  

Hehe, sorry! Forgot to go pee before sitting down.. lol

So! I am ONPLAN!!! But this morning I got on the scale, it says I'm up 5.5 pounds, yes thats right! How do you go up that many pounds in 2 days?!?! I weighed myself on Saturday when I was talking to my mom on the phone, and with the phone and all my clothes it said I was 262.5. HOW??!?! Grr! I am trying to drop a few pounds, water weight included, for a christmas party.. it's not working!

How are you guys doing? Whats new? We've been hiding a lot lately... busy or off plan? I know I've been both... heh.. I gotta shower... bbl!

-Aimee
Old 11-29-2004, 10:41 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Aimee
I'm on the first day of phase one of SBD that has to be bloating! I have to go to the doc today to switch my bc b/c the pill I'm on is making me waCKO
we bought our xmas tree on saturday we're bringing it home this week and putting it up and we painted the train layaout i will bbiab
Old 11-29-2004, 11:55 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls! I have been MIA in the field and then I was sick Sat/Sun. NOt sure if it's just morning sickness, or if its a flu...

I stood on the scale on Sat morning and nearly died. I was up to 221. 5lbs up!! Surely, it must be bloating (which is what Aimee is experiencing I am sure too). That is a LOT of weight to "gain" in a few days, you are right. Esp since you've been good, and so have I.

Kier, you are doing SBD? Good luck! Phase one is supposed to be killer, but it gets better I like your xmas ticker. Can't believe that it's less than a month to xmas!! I haven 't started my shopping yet but I think I'll go to the baby Gap on lunch and look for the girls!

Well, must get work done. I'll go and catch up on what's been happenin' looks like a quiet week last week!

TTFN and BBL
Old 11-29-2004, 01:09 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

after my isane sugar cravigns I remembered Aimee Said it killed her desire for sugar. . .thats what i need so we'll see what happens i did induction on atkins but then i could have heavy cream lol thats a wacko WOE
I'm sorry you were sick Belle the weight gain is obviously water.
I have to get my arse in gear and move!
bbl
Old 11-29-2004, 03:10 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

OK I just got back from a 25 min walk on the island. It was super nice, the ducks are still out and not a lot of other people! I feel so much better now. Ihope the nausea stays away.

Girls, and Lori in particular - do you think it's OK to journal food during pg, but not with points I mean. Just to see what sort of nutrition you are getting and to keep a running track of consumption and exercise? I have been thinking about it and although I don't want to be too focused on calories/points, I really like seeing it all on paper. I feel more in control and then I can identify gaps.

Ali, Aimee - are you watching the Greatest Canadian tonight? I have been following a bit (it's quite hokey). Last night I watched for Paul Gross (he's cute still, even old). But I am curious. If it were Don Cherry I'd choke.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:28 PM   #7  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi!

Hi, ladies! Sorry to have been MIA--I broke up with Aaron about a week and a half ago and I've been wrapped up in that lately. It's strange, because I broke up with him, but he has no place to live, so he's still at the apartment (until December 1). The worst part is that he's not even looking for somewhere else to live and he's claiming that he'll have no place to go, which is just a guilt-trip tactic. Anyway, it's bizarre having him there and sharing the bed with him and everything. We're still a civil, but end up screaming at each other a lot, too. It's good that it's over, I just wish he were gone already so I could start getting over him. Perhaps you're wondering what happened (but perhaps not because some of you may recall that I was ready to break up with him in January of this year). I finally got fed up with him being totally unmotivated. I was tired of doing everything around the apartment. I was tired of him staying out until all hours of the night and I was tired of him spending all of his free time with his friends. So, one day, I told him I wanted to break up. I've actually been wishing he'd dump me, but got tired of waiting. The day after I told him that, we talked a little bit about it and I told him what it would take to stay together. One of the things was that he couldn't be staying out super late all the time. Two days after that talk, he was out until 4 a.m. and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I actually think that we're both a little bit glad that it's over, despite how sad it is to see this end.

Anyway, since I told Aaron I wanted to break up (on the 19th), I've put on 9 lbs. I think there will be an initial "getting over him" period (but maybe not--I've never really done this sort of thing before) that I'll eat a lot of Ben and Jerry's, but once that's over, I have this crazy feeling that losing weight won't be nearly as hard as it currently is. Plus, the semester is almost over for school and I'll be off work every night at 4 instead of at 7 o'clock three nights a week.

So, that's what's been going on for me...

Aimee--How is the SBD working for you? I think it's a pretty reasonable plan to be on. Aside from the 5 lb gain, how much have you lost? I tried it once for almost two weeks and lost 9 lbs, so I was pretty impressed. I hope that it's working well for you.

Kier--Have fun decorating your tree! When you say that you painted your train layout, is that for a toy train that will run in your house? If you're looking for a different b.c., I highly recommend NuvaRing--I think it's wonderful.

Belle--I'm afraid that I have absolutely zero input on whether or not to journal while pg. Personally, I don't see how it could hurt--it's a good thing to make a habit of for the rest of your life. But I am definitely not someone to ask for baby/pregnancy advice.

OK, I need to get back to work. I just wanted to pop in for a minute and say hi. I'll try to make it back regularly, but I probably won't until about Wednesday or Thursday (after Aaron leaves).

See ya!
Old 11-29-2004, 05:44 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Jess Huge hugs lady that is corageous of you to dump him
as for the nuvaring I was thinking of it except that :blush: I'm not sure my pelvic floor muscles are strong enough
Belle I think keeping up with journaling is a good idea while you're not counting calories or points, you don't want to end up eating foods that aren't good for you either So by Journaling you could keep track of your eating patterns more so than trying to lose weight
Old 11-29-2004, 10:47 PM   #9  

Uhm.. yah.. I quit South Beach.. I was too sick to continue.. I planned to just add brown rice and yogurt.. but I didn't stop there. My bf is a bad influence.. tonight I asked him if I should come online, watch tv or get a quick workout in. He said I should come online... how am I gonna lose 4 pounds by FRIDAY!?!?! I better hope to drop water weight... grr! I can't afford to buy new pants.. so I gotta fit into the dress pants I plan to wear.. k I'm babbling.. and no one is around.. hehe.. I'll complain more to you gals tomorrow

-Aimee
Closed Thread