Old 11-28-2004, 02:24 PM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Week of Nov. 28th

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was nice, but it sure has been a busy weekend. We ended up going to my aunt's, despite the traffic (it's only aout 50 mi., or an hour, tops, but took us 2.5 hrs. to get there!) Yesterday my IL's threw an east coast reception for my BIL & SIL who got married in CA last month. It was nice, but Peter didn't have a nap and was a monster a good part of the time.

Peter & I are both sick. I'm sure it's sinus' on both of us. He's been miserable coughing and snotty. I kept him home from daycare Wednesday. He's up and in bed with us by 1:30am every night. I've stopped fighting him to go back to his bed...it's not worth the aggravation and lost sleep. I'm ready to shoot myself in the head I'm soo miserable...and that's just from the sinus'...nevermind the fact that i don't sleep much anymore and work sucks and DH is driving me nuts.

Ugh, hope everyone is doing better than me.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 03:33 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Afternoon Guys,

I cleaned house ALL day yesterday. I'm talking deep/spring type cleaning. I'm sore and exhausted today! DH kept Alex and I worked for 7 hours. Whew. I'm glad that is over. Now, if I just get off my behind and keep it clean!

Lauren: I *so* know how you mean with the no nap monster! We were there on Friday. I dread those days. Glad to hear that you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Hello to all!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 09:04 PM   #3  
No description available.

Hey guys! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I just got back from a road trip. I did not do very well food wise. I made 2 choices I feel good about: I did get a run in one day and I chose to have cereal at an aunt's house for breakfast instead of donuts or pancakes. Other than that, yikes! McDonald's twice, Taco Bell once, chips and cookies in the car. This is a new week though, thank goodness!
I think my little ones are glad to be out of the car, too!
Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:12 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,
My Thanksgiving was good. I ate a little too much, but like Jen, this is a new week and a new start.

I am going into finals week next week, and this week is raping up loose ends and final reports. I still have a report to research and write due on Wed. No stress here.

Thanks for letting me vent. I cant wait for this semester to be done.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:11 AM   #5  

Good Morning All,

This stupid cold/allergy attack is just hanging on and on. I'm so tired of blowing my nose. It seems like that's all I do all morning and then the rest of the day it's stopped up. I don't know which is worse.

Lisa: Yuck. Finals. I always hated that time of year. How much longer do you have in school?

MW: I think the best part of a road trip is getting home and getting out of the car for the last time!! You feel so good about not having to get in the car again! We drove to TX in the summer and whew! was I ever glad to get home!

Have a great day all!
Old 11-30-2004, 03:24 PM   #6  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all...
Lisa--Good suggestion about the teeth..She will be 2 in 3 weeks and there is the 2 yr molars..The ears are a different story..First set of tubes at 5 months and the 2nd set 3 weeks ago..Friday, they started "squeaking" when she rubbed them and the yuck started so we are on drops again..Now she is running 103-104 temp at night and soooo congested..I am over going to the Pedi, tired of DH complaining about "wasted $10 copay", tired of her screaming and being soo upset and nervous when we go that I am opting not to go this time..I did call and they are starting her on Tanafed DMX so we shall see how this one does...
I honestly know that GOd knew what he was doing when I miscarried in May..K needs me more now than ever!!!!
Good luck on finals!!!

Lauren--Hope U R better..I came home with 101 fever but after sleeping 20 hrs feel wonderful..I think my body needs rest that is does that to make me stop...

Karen--Hope U R better also..The only thing worse than K being sick is that DH has been sick since Thursday..He stayed home with K and didnt even give her medicine all day cuz "he was sick" OMG--what about us mommies??????

Jen--Glad U R back!!
I am back on track..DOnt weigh any more but fitting in pre preggo jeans so I am happy with that...
Well..off to get something done during naptime!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:35 PM   #7  

hi all - sorry I have been missing lately. I was out of town for Thanksgiving and have been oh so busy since returning Saturday night.

just wanted to say hi - hope all is well - I'll catch up soon!

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #8  

For those that asked Finals are next week. (AAAAGGGGGH) I have two take home finals due Monday, and I just finished typing up a paper due today. After next Wednesday, I will have something like 6 weeks off. Its a beautiful thing. I have until Spring of 2006. That is my planned graduation, even though the school thinks Sp. '07. Commencement will be May 20, 2006.

Because of finals and the stress I am sitting with Mint Chocolate Hershey Kisses in front of me. I am trying not to look at them, but they are taunting me. And oh are they good. I started in yesterday because of a bad day at work, and now they are here saying "eat me, eat me" I've actually eaten a couple but I am trying not to eat anymore.

Last edited by lppennington; 12-01-2004 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:05 AM   #9  
No description available.

Lisa! STEP AWAY FROM THE KISSES!! For a bit of motivation, read the latest Skinny Daily Post forum entry "Kiss Off". She talks about how much candy one eats when it is on one's desk, versus in a drawer or across the room.
Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:58 AM   #10  

Good Morning All,

Not much going on around here.

RR: I hope her ears clear up soon. No wonder she is scared of the doctor. I had a lot of ear infections as a child and they went away when they took my tonsils out. I was 4 when they took them out and I've never had another ear infection.

Lisa: Good luck on the finals. Try to stay away from the kisses!

Jen: I have a candy bowl in my living room. I put Hershey nuggets in it the other day. Our playroom is downstairs. I think I've had 3-4 in the past week. If we were upstairs I would have eaten the whole thing by now! So I know how true that statement is!

Have a great day all!
Old 12-02-2004, 11:17 AM   #11  

I am feeling better about myself, the kisses disapeared (No I didn't eat them all). I am done with the classes. I just have three exams next week. (2 on Mon. and 1 on Wed.) Gotta go see the grandparents talk at ya all later.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:36 PM   #12  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I've been reading, but haven't had a lot of time to respond...didn't realize I haven't posted since Sunday!

Had my 35 wk. appt. today. I lost 1 lb. BP was great - 112/72 and baby's HB was great. He's measuring a couple wks. big, but he has been for quite awhile now. I go for an U/S tomorrow AM to check position and size. We're sure he's head down, but she just wants to be 100%. I told her bending over to pick things up is getting harder...have to spread my legs more...so he must be head down! Next appt. is next Friday AM, my last day of work! WooHoo!!

Things have been really busy at home trying to unpack and find a home for all our stuff...too much stuff! We're going to attempt to put our Christmas tree up this weekend...although I'm not sure where we're gonna put it!! Still don't have the PC hooked up at home either, but at least Mom has one I can use...if I get a chance!

Hope everyone is well!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:00 AM   #13  

Good Morning Chickies,

Warning: VENT I hate that new pop-up ad. I don't mind the banner ads. But I hate having to wait for that one to finish it's animation before I can close it and get the thread open. /VENT.

Lauren: I keep meaning to ask...do you have a tub now? Just being nosy. Wondering if you can enjoy a nice long soak about, oh, 12 weeks from now! We are not putting up a tree this year. It would have to go where Nikki's bed is and I don't want to take her bed out of the living room. I thought about getting a small table top tree, but I decided that I didn't need that battle with Alex.

Lisa: Yeah for not eating the kisses! Good luck on the finals.

Have a great day all!