Support Groups - Battle of the Bulge #1

View Full Version : Battle of the Bulge #1

Crime girl
11-28-2004, 11:27 AM
Hey everyone!
Good idea moving us to support and I am glad our wonderful moderator will help us make that happen. :D

Today is weigh in day- it is really important that we all weigh in so we can get a start point and can see all the great progress we are going to make. If you don't want to post your weight that is OK too- you can just let us know how much you lose each week.
My weight: 286 (lost one pound)

I am so glad that you all decided to join me and feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. I am excited about this project :cb:
and want everyone to get as much out of it as they can.
I am going to keep a progress chart for everyone and will post on Sundays the "success stories" of the week. This can be a big victory or even just that you managed to stay on your plan all week and deserve a big pat on the back. So- let me hear about them. A small victory to you can be a big inspiration to the rest of us.
Glad to have everyone on board and I hope to get to know you all in the weeks to come.
Have a wonderful day everyone!
:spin: :spin: :spin:

Michiemish
11-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Hello my name is michelle and I would like to particapte.... weighed my self today 227...Looking for a few people that can share the same struggles as me...hopefully with everyone support everyone will reach their goals and smile brighter then they already are... :D

Crime girl
11-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Welcome Michiemish!
For those of you just reading this board to see what it is all about-
It was started on the buddy up board and moved here so there is an explantion on that board under "For those that need support and motivation"
but basically we are banding together to offer support and track our progress.

The schedule is:
Sun- weigh in day
Mon- support
Tues- support
Wed- food consumption: how is everyone doing? day
Thurs- exercise inquiry- how is everyone doing? day
Fri- fun and support
Sat- recap of week
Every Sunday is a new thread and the group is called Battle of the Bulge!
Everyone is welcome and you can jump in anytime. I am going to keep a progress spreadsheet on what we share so we can see how we are progressing. :D

oraki
11-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Hello crimegirl and Michelle!!! Well I weighed in today at 278!! I'm so disappointed in myself. Before my birthday (Oct 23rd) I was down to 269. I thought I had been doing pretty well but I guess not. I've been out a few times plus these darn potlucks I guess I ate a little more than I thought. I'm back to my eating plan as of today and I'm exercising. Hopefully I'll be back to 269 soon.

Crime girl
11-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Don't get discouraged oraki!
Look how far you have already come- one slip is not that bad and you have made an effort to stop it and now it is time to get heading in the right direction again. :dancer:
You can do it!
You still have lost a lot of weight so don't get discouraged.
:nono:

susanne
11-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi Ladies,
Count me in. I need support and motivation everywhere I can get it. I didnt weigh today but at my moms yesterday I was 236...with clothes...and right after a big meal. I have trouble dealing with the moments of hopelesness. I do ok and then stumble badly. I need a good source of support.

I am also new here. I am considering surgery but would rather not I would rather do this on my own. Socially I am surrounded by overeaters so as a dieter, I am quite alone in my real life. I can be great at working out or skip for days.

I look forward to this!

Susanne

Jazzmine
11-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi everyone!! I am jumping on board here too. I soo need the support and motivation!!!

little grasshopper
11-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi guys - can I jump in too! I was doing great. 5 pounds from my goal and then something went very wrong. Now I weigh more than ever. Don't know the exact weight. I've been dreading that number. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I was down and in serious need of support when I logged on tonight but just being here is already motivating me! For instance...I was eating a pie when I logged on...now I have water with lemon and am planning my walk tomorrow A.M. might even take my bike to work and ride around the lake during my afternoon break between clients! :)

Looking forward to losing with all of you!!! Finally excited about getting back on track. I feel like I can do it - FINALLY. THANKS ALREADY! :)

http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;54;78;0;0/c/0/t/-30/k/18c4/weight.png
[/url]

Crime girl
11-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Hi everybody,
I am so happy so many people decided to join in- I think this is going to be so good for all of us...
Welcome on board Little grasshopper, Jazzmine, and Susanne! :D

Ok- so this ends Sunday- I have beginning weights for most of you and for those I don't we have a start point to start losing those pounds! :dizzy:

Tomorrow nothing special needs to be posted but maybe we can share what motivates us..for example, I like to surround myself with quotes from famous people that inspire me. I also am going to keep my most current pic on my fridge. Not only will it scare off any bugs- it keeps me on track because I have to look at it to get in my fridge. :lol:
What kind of things do you guys do?

In the spirit of quotes I love- here is one for everybody...
"You can't escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
~ Abraham Lincoln
Good night everyone! Talk to you all tomorrow!

little grasshopper
11-29-2004, 08:03 AM
okay guys - going right now to strip down and get on the scales. I have not been looking forward to this moment at all.....well that didn't kill me. My starting number is 148. Guess I have good news after all :) :) I didn't gain the seven extra that I thought I gained :) :)

Here are two quotes that I love and think of all the time...both by Hellen Kellery. "While they were saying amongsth themselves it cannot be done, it was done." and "I long to accomplish a great an noble task, but it is my cheif duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble."

See everyone tonight. I am walking the lake today and started a book about training for a marathon - for beginners.

susanne
11-29-2004, 12:54 PM
OK, I dont have a quote for you CrimeGirl, but your optimism is contagious. Im off to food shop and will have the goal of not doing something stupid like buying all the ice cream... I am putting a scale on my shopping list as well.

What motivates me is constant interaction with other people struggling and succeeding. Part of the problem of weight loss is the social isolation. All my friends are fat, no one works out. So I have no company or even someone to talk to. Losing weight can be very lonely and isolating. So just gettting to talk to someone else is a help. Just having someone care that I walked or that I manged to escape the grovery store without ice cream is a help.

Susanne

Crime girl
11-29-2004, 02:35 PM
I know there are some of you that are shaking your head right now and asking- "How can she be on the board so much?? She needs to get a life!"

I promise I will calm down some soon! I am working on two big papers for school and believe me - this site is a lot more fun than that. :lol:
Besides I am excited because I know this will be the key for me losing weight.

little grasshopper- good news! :cb: I am so glad that you didn't lose ground on all your hard work. Happy Lake walking today and I think it is great that you are thinking about a marathon. ( I assume you are not reading the book for its plot line) :D

Susanne- I am looking through the screen right now :mag: and I am happy to say I don't see any ice cream in you kitchen. That's true, right??
I swear I hear it screaming for me in the grocery store so kudos if you managed to escape its demand for attention.
I am glad you decided to join us- I feel the same way about social isolation- either my friends are skinny as rails and dont have to worry about what they eat or they are overweight and not that concerned about it. So- I am also happy to have someone to talk to that understands my angst! :headache:

I hope everyone else is doing well today as well. I just entered the December challenge on the 100lb. board so that is one more thing for motivation. :dance: I have to eat right, exercise, and drink water everyday to earn points and try to win the challenge. I just love a good challenge! :cool:
Alright- I will go now! Happy eating right everyone!

susanne
11-29-2004, 06:54 PM
I did manage to do ok at the grocery store. I bought no goodies. I bought white meat, soups, salad and Rice Chex.

I hope you dont calm down, someone to talk to is what will keep me going. Overeating is impulsive. It doesnt help if you post and then 3 days later you get a reply. Chatter keeps me going. Anyone who wants to write me and whine feel free!

I didnt exercise today but I did manage to eat salad, chicken and cereal. I also bought a scale which said I weigh 239! Ok, I was 232 friday at the gym but I think I will keep the 239 as this will be the scale I will weigh in on each day. I tried the "dont look at eh scale thing" but I always go up. I need the scale ..its sort of my food police...lol.

I tried a challenge board once before but without the conversation, it was like empty posting.

Ok, today I did ok with food, now lets see if I can add working out back.

Susanne

HW 265
CW 239
LW 128
1st GW 199

oraki
11-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Hey everyone!! I guess I'm late checking in for today. I had a great day!!! I stuck with my eating plan and I did aerobics for 45 minutes!!! I didn't think I could make it that long. Plus some ab exercises!!! GO ME GO ME!!!! I just finished eating dinner but you know what?? Now I want something sweet. I have to figure out a healthy snack that I can have after dinner that will satisfy my sweet tooth. I tried a banana but that didn't work.

Now for my motivation. I found some pictures a couple of months ago that I took about 8 years ago. At the time I wore maybe a 16 or 18. I was trying to lose weight then also so I took pictures in just my sports bra and shorts. When I found these pictures I started thinking I wish I looked like that now!!! So I put all those pictures in my bathroom mirror. So every day I look at those pictures and they motivate me to get back to that size.

little grasshopper
11-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi guys!! CG I feel your pain!! I worked 3 jobs and went to shool full time - I thought I was going to explode from all the papers! What are you studying? Good luck on the challenge!!! Just the thing to keep you motivated!

Susane - I went shopping with BF tonight. It seems the healthier I shop, the worse he shops!! We have soda, cookies, bread, popcorn, chips, dip, and all kinds of other stuff. Luckily I can keep away from most of it. It's not screaming my name yet...I know it will though :) Most of my friends say they're doing something about their weight but in truth they're doing nothing more than talk about how they're starting next week.....always next week.

Today has been great! I walked the lake. Two hilly miles. I don't know the time, I didn't have a watch and I'm trying to get out of looking at time and focus on distance. I am looking tonight for a marathon I might want to run. The book I'm ready is about a marathon running class and their training program. They took 200 out of shape, non runners and 199 of them completed a marathon! I fit into the out of shape, non runner catagory pretty well....I need a goal too. This might be it. I'm surprised to hear myself say that I think I can do this...but I really think I can. If I can just stick to the program...and it's very easy. We'll see. Either way, I'm very motivated now and am excited about the new board!!! Better go before I write a book!

susanne
11-29-2004, 08:02 PM
I am popping in here instead of eating a bowl of Chex,,,,lol.

Oraki ! YOU GO GIRL!!! ... maybe for a sweet treat a single hard candy? I think its only like 5 calories and will last in your mouth and its really sweet.

I have an idea for motivation for me. I am going to get a mirror for the back of my bedroom door and draw my outline. As I lose weight...which I will this time...grrr....I can watch myself shrink....ok..this could be fun.

Grasshopper, yes I have those frineds too...the " I need to start exericsing "people. The who never come with me to the gym even though I can give them one free day, I havent had one person willing to join me. Dieting is a lonely place to be. I am interested in the book you are talking about. what is the title?

Susanne

little grasshopper
11-29-2004, 08:04 PM
I'm a slow poster today - sorry. oraki here is something I use when I want something sweet but not devestating :) fruit chopped up mixed with fat free sour cream and honey or splenda (tastes best wtih honey but I don't know your eating plan...) It takes care of my sweet tooth pretty well. I've also done the low carb cheese cake mixes and they worked for me too. Hang in there!!!! Drink lots of water!

susane - I know what you mean about no one posting. Not very motivating when no one is there when you really need it! We'll all do our best to be there!!

okay, off to stretch and lift some weights! See you guys tomorrow!

little grasshopper
11-29-2004, 08:13 PM
:) cool - we're mostly here...too bad Crimegirl picked now to get serious about the papers!! That's okay, they need to written anyway! Susane - you can make it without the rice bowl. Grab some yummy water :) I'm running out of things to flavor my water with :) any suggestions?

The book I'm reading is "the non-runner's marathon trainer." I've had it for 2 years. I got it as a used book store and stuck it on the book shelf. The most you ever run is 18 miles. You train 4 days a week. Two short days, one medium and one long. You never worry about time and you have a preliminary training program to get you ready to start training...for two weeks I'll just be walking, then jogging for 5 minutes....walking for 10...3X. Stuff like that. It looks like a good, gentle running program. I use to love to run. That was some pounds ago though :) It takes atleast 4 months to complete the training. it will take me atleast 6 because I'm doing all of the preliminary stuff.

What eating programs is everyone on? I'm on a diet that my MD put me on. It's for allergies. the only grain is brown rice, then I can have meats, and veggies (except spicy ones) and no sugar, lots of nuts and berries :) Try to eat as much oraganic as I can but the meats are EXPENSIVE! I do my best. How about you guys??

Crime girl
11-29-2004, 10:00 PM
WOW! I am so glad I am not the only one who likes to talk more than once a day. I was worried you guys would get sick of hearing from me. ;)

I am going to try to answer some of the questions and of course I have to put in my 2 cents on anything else I think up in my fried brain...

Susanne- you did so well shopping! :cp: Good job! I know it seems like a small victory but it is the answer to everything you will eat for the week. If there are no bad foods in the house you can't eat them. It also sounds like you are doing really well with the food intake for today. Keep it up! We are cheering for you. :cheer:

Oraki- Great job today! :bravo: You keep this up and you will meet your goal in no time. I think the pic idea is right on! Great idea.

Little grasshopper- I feel your pain shopping with bf. I actually send mine to the grocery store by his little ole self. Talk about a bull in a china shop. Disaster! He buys the worst stuff for himself. I could kill him sometimes. :devil: Anyway- it sounds like you did really well too today. 2 Miles and hilly- you are a better person than me. :D

As for me- where to start today! I followed my meal plan all day which is based on the American Diabetic website and their modified food pyramid. I did really well today so I am happy about that.
As for exercise well... :o I just didn't make time today. I would say I didn't have time but I would be telling a lie. I should have made time. :^:

The papers that have been distracting me today are for two classes I am taking in Criminology. I am in the masters program and it kicks my butt :lol:
Each paper is 20-25 pages long and based on 2 months worth of tedious research so I want to be done with them and never have to look at these subjects again! UGH! :bomb:

Well that is all from me- I am hopefully going to bed soon then it is back to work tomorrow..then more on the papers...then class..then more on the papers...then I drive my car over a cliff. Just kidding! :dizzy:

Hope you all have a wonderful night and I am happy we have formed such a great little "gang" of support.
Tomorrow is Tuesday so you are off the hook for stats on food or exercise. How about tomorrow we list at least one thing we can do when we lose weight that we can't or won't do now? Just a thought! :chin:
Good night everyone!

Jazzmine
11-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi everyone
Wow-Everyone is so motivating!! I had an off day today-No sleep last night, lots of stress... yadda yadda-excuses excuses

Ok I got that off my chest thanks for listening-on to tomorrow, and better choices and better living!!

I think I may have to go back to my beginning and make one small change per day until I have eating under control again.

Water consumption and exercise usually are not a problem for me, but eating and portion control are an issue for me.

Michiemish
11-29-2004, 10:34 PM
I feel like i'm being the quite one..I love to talk as much as u guys..But have to work from 6am to 6pm and i try to log on at work even though not really suppose to..Someone has to answer the 911 phone calls and tells cops what to do..
Crime girl..Papers suck...

Its hard going to school full time and school fulltime..I was going to school full time this semster but both parents got sick and were in and out of the hospital.. One reason for these little pesky pounds creeping up on me... :mad: And being the good daughter i am i was helping as much as i could and i couldnt keep up in classes..major bummer for me... But its time for me otherwise wont be able to keep up much longer at this pace..

I think everyone has those friends that say they need to lose weight and don't do anything about it...I have a boyfriend like that..I just learned to say "yeah, ah huh, yeah" kind of what he does to me when i'm talking.. :D

Hopefully one weds,thrus and fri i can talk a little more often..everyone can whine and complain and of course share joy with me..

As for what diet or should i say change of life style i'm doing in WW i'm going to start on wedsenday, first day i can get off :lol: ... And i'm going to set a goal for myself every week about exercise and try to reach it..A couple of my coworkers are doing WW too..So them and i are putting our own little support together..
well talk to u guys tomorrow..

susanne
11-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Ok, I will admit it. I'm a blabber.

Grasshopper, I'm going to see if I can get the book. I use to run and LOVED IT!! If there is anything in this world I want, it's to be one of those sleek, pony-tailed women who runs along side the road with grace and speed. Hey, we all have to have goals!...lol. RIght now its like running with an entire second person hooked to me. Ok, at a 100 pounds overweight, that is a second person!

Jazzmine, I also have portion control as a problem. I do really good at rationalization. Like pie...what is the difference if I eat one slice a day for a week or just get the whole thing over with and eat it now?....geez, I swear I could rationalize anything.

Michiemish, I also have a horrible schedule. I love the woman on you posts...lol...

Thanks Crime Girl for the applause!

I have to start my list now as I may not get on tomorrow.

What I will do when I lose weight!
1- Join the adult ballet class
2- Run without a 100 pounds of fat jiggling on me while I attempt to leave the
driveway without getting out of breath.
3- I will sit in a restaurant booth and have space between me and the table.
4- The cups of my bra wont be large enough to fit my head.
5- I'm going to buy cool high-heeled shoes and walk gracefully in them.
6- I will shop at Victoria's Secret!
7- I will be able to sit with my legs seductively crossed.
8- I will wear fun belts that wont disappear into my folds.
9- I will try ice skating again.
10-I will go dancing A LOT!

Susanne...ps.. I am so glad you guys are blabbers!

oraki
11-29-2004, 11:33 PM
I LOST MY MESSAGE!!! I had just sat here and wrote a long post and it's gone!!! GRRRR!!!! It's late now so I guess I'll have to do it in the morning. Everyone's so excited here!! I just love it. Okay before I go to bed I'll post what I want to do once I lose weight. Here's a few that come to mind

1. Learn to dance
2. Learn to walk in heels. I always wear flats. A friend of mines wears the nicest boots. They have a high heel and they look so good. I know I would look so sexy in them but right now I got a lot to hold up! :-)
3. Buy some nice bra and panty sets that aren't so expensive!! The really nice ones in my size cost a lot.
4. Try some of those positions my husband mentions. (did I just say that???)

I can't believe I said that. It's true though. I'm ready to get rid of this fat!!

DonnaD
11-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Ok, I'm jumping in late here. Just been busy at work and then more stuff at home. Weigh in today ...ugh...272 (Grasshopper, I found those 7 lbs you avoided) I was on my gazelle for 25 minutes today. (but that doesn't make up for the apple pie dh brought me. He came home today with 2 full bags of cupcakes,muffins etc from the Hostess thrift shop. He's impossible. :?:

I did drink my water, I avoided the carrot cake at work. That's a big problem. We have sabotagers at work who bring goodies in all the time. I managed to avoid them but then blow it at night. It's like my mind thinks I've been cheated. I really have to get over it. I was doing really well up until the pie.

Motivation: My eyesight is really diminishing. I have to go to the optho Wed.
Diabetes is cruel.

Quotes: Not big on quotes but I like fortune cookies so here goes: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt. :lol:

ttyl :D

oraki
11-29-2004, 11:36 PM
I just have to pop back in and say I'm glad I've found some ladies who like to keep in touch more than once or twice a week. I really need constant motivation so I know this is really going to help a lot. I guess I'm needy!!! lol

oraki
11-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Oh Donna don't be discouraged. I gained some weight too. Before the end of October I was at 269 and now I'm back up to 278. I'm quite disgusted with myself about it. Just take it one day at a time and keep going. Also tell your husband to leave those goodies at the store!!!!

oraki
11-29-2004, 11:41 PM
BRAVO TO EVERYONE FOR HAVING A GOOD DAY!!!! JUST TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME ONE MEAL AT A TIME. WE CAN DO IT!!!

Okay I have to go bed........I'm hungry.....GO TO BED!!! lol

susanne
11-30-2004, 12:01 AM
OK, Im going to bed and hurrah for me, I managed NOT to eat any snacks at all outside of my meals!!.....YAY!!!

Donna, I am diabetic as well. YAY! on the gazelle!!
Okari, I also need constant motivation ...and attention.

Ok, its 11:58, I will officailly say Goodnight and Congradulations to us all and best of luck tomorrow!

Susanne
HW 265
CW 239
LW 128
GW 199

Cinisha1
11-30-2004, 03:08 AM
;) Hi everyone. 27 year old single mom, 5' 1, 155 pounds desperately seeks motivation and support from others in the struggle. Not following any specific diet just staying within my calorie range I think it is 1600 a day. I try to get to the gym 3-4 times a week mainly treadmill and pilates at home. Past weight loss attempts: skipping meals, eating as less as possible thinking that would work but it didn't, so right now I'm learning to eat balanced meals and cutting out the junk food and staying within my calories. What motivates me: looking good and feeling confident for my vacation in May. I don't want my smaller friends to out shine me this summer :lol: Any suggestions please feel free.

cw 155
gw 130

Phoenix_walker
11-30-2004, 06:47 AM
oh my....I just wrote a whole lonnnnggg post and it was lost...wow thats fustrating.

anyway, here we go again...

Morning evreyone :coffee:
I hope that I am not to late to jump on board with you guys! Sounds like heaps of fun and motivation!

I am a 26 yo SAHM Homeschooling Momma of three, a 7yo, 4yo, and a 2yo. I have been all over the place with my weight for years. My highest weight was 301, lowest was 165. Right now 180, gained a few lbs last week... :mad: thinking becuase of AF? (aunt flow). Right now , I am finding that food isnt so much the issue, as activity is...I find it really hard, expecially since its gotten cold out to motivate myself to GO OUT to do exercise...lol..we go to playgroups, homeschooling drop ins and stuff, but not a whole lot of intentional exercise. I do have a gym membership and I made the time to go yesterday :cb: I was so proud of myself becuase I have not been in a few months. My DH doesnt work sat, sun , mon so he can be here with the kids on those days. I then spoke to a friend of mine and shes going to watch my kids for me so that I can go on wed mornings, and friday mornings. :dancer: Thats great news for me because I dont have a car the hour and half walk with the kids to get to the gym was a wee bit nuts. Not only the walk, but the time it took. It gave us very little time to do housework/school work or anything really. SO now I have a friend who will drive me on wed and friday mornings AND I dont have to drag the kids out in the morning, AND they can start some of their work while I am gone. I really hope it works out as well as I am thinking it will..PLUS, if I dont have a ride , it will still be ok becuase I can heel toe it alot faster on my own then I could with three kids. PLUS it gives me a break. I really hope this works out.
oh ym goodness , my youngest just woke up and was sick.. :?: ..yum...gotta go..will check in later.

Phoenix

Crime girl
11-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Hi everyone,
What a beautiful today here in Florida- I hardly ever say that because frankly-I hate it being hot all the time! ;) But today is really pretty and I love mornings! Bright new spotless day ahead of me...

Welcome cinisha and phoenix walker!! :D We are glad to have you on board.

phoenix- WOW! :cp: It takes real dedication to walk to the gym so far and to work your schedule around your three little ones! Pat yourself on the back!

oraki- I LOVE your list of things you are going to do! I can relate- it is hard to feel sexy and feminine when you are overweight- my opinion for what it is worth. Keep up the good work and keep on talking. I love the chatter! :coffee:

susanne- I completely understand you wanting to run. I can't get out there and run either and I miss it. I read a story, however, about a guy who was overweight and wanted to run a marathon. He started by picking a street and running from one telephone pole to the next- he then walked to the next telephone pole- then he ran to the next one so he was running, walking, running, walking until he could just run, run, run, etc. He ended up running a marathon a year and a half later. By the way he was 82. :)

michiemish- talk when you can with us..we are happy to talk to you whenever we can get ya. I also work and there will be days (like today) that I won't be on as much. Constant chatter is great because you can read through and catch up and still be part of everything we are talking about.
;)

jazzmine- one change per day is great! :cb: Don't underestimate any change you make toward your goal. Strong and steady will stay the course. This isn't a contest to see who can get there first so go at your own pace. We will be here cheering you on! :encore:

Donna- GOOD JOB!! You kicked some gazelle butt yesterday! :bravo:
On top of that you avoided the carrot cake- so that is wonderful! I have one of those people in my office too! Brings sweets everyday! :cry:

Okay- I need to go to work so I will post my list..
I am going to:
1. Go to Six Flags and ride the scariest roller coaster.
2. Shop at Victoria Secrets
3. Sit comfortably in my classes without requiring a shoe horn to get in my seat! :lol:
4. Go for a long run!
5. Buy some stilleto high heels and learn to dance in them. :dancer:
6. Wear shorts and a tank top to school.

Well that is it for now! I am going to try to sneak on at work but that is touch and go so we will see. If not- I will be home at 5:30 and will catch up with you all tonight!
Have a wonderful blessed day today everyone!! :D
Keep up the great work!! Together we can meet our goals!!

Michiemish
11-30-2004, 09:53 AM
UUGGGG...Morning everyone..Woke up this morning with a huge headache another day of not going and walking before work...shame on me..Let see if i can kick my headache by the end of work and go after work..

WELCOME..DonnaD and Phoenix and Cinisha

Phoenix - you rock..I haven't even walked to the gym yet and its like 2 blocks away from my apartment..

Lets see the things i want to do when i get skin..

1- stare at myself in the mirror and admire what i have done.. :D
2- go buy clothes in the skinny girl store and actually get a pair of shorts up my leg :lol:
3- wear a short skirt again w high heeled shoes
4- go to the beach in a bikini and try to surf again
5- go to sea world
6- and of course flirt :devil:
7- where a tank top and the little shorts to the gym :p

One more day til my first WW meeting can't wait...Of course and to start off today with a Starbucks..ugg..had a hard time waking up and going to work but it is friday for me and i have the next three days off..yay me.. :joker:

little grasshopper
11-30-2004, 10:36 AM
WOW! Aren't we a bunch of talkers!!! GREAT! :) :)

Sounds like everyone is doing well and making some progress! That's wonderful!

Last night I got a horrible headache. The kind that sends you to bed with no noises or movement allowed. BF decided to check the speakers on his stereo. He's not an A$$ just didn't realize how sick I was. At any rate - that was enough to make me throw up my dinner. I finally fell asleep and am feeling a little better today. Headache is still there. Luckily this is a rest day so I don't have to do too much. Stretching and ab/arm stuff. I know it's just a detox headache but still - I want it GONE.

Okay enough whining (BTW - I ADORE wine!!! Can't have any right now though) What will I do when I hit my goal.

Yoga with out the extra "me" roll. I might be able to get into those poses after all
wear a sexy pair of jeans with a cute summery tank top
buy ALL NEW BRAS!! No more DDD for me!!!!
buy lots of sexy panties (to match the new bras :) )
start rock climbing again - can't see doing it while carry all this weight..just too much work right now.
run a marathon ?? :)
I really want to own just one of the cute summer dresses that the girls in Practical majic had.....flowy and beautiful.
Get one really hot, perfect fitting bikini and go to the beach with pride :)

OH - susane - don't ever let anyone try to stuff you bras with socks. You'll be shocked at how many pairs it takes to fill them up!! I'm still dealing with that memory :) :)

Okay, off to eat breakfast. I don't have much of an appetite but I need to find something to keep my sugar up. Don't want it getting too low....I become a food monger! See you guys in a couple hours.

I'm SO GLAD we're ALL here!!!!!!! Just think of what we can accomplish together!!

Crime girl
11-30-2004, 12:46 PM
I thought I would jump on at work for a sec..
I think you guys have rubbed off on me because I have the WORST headache ever right now. Maybe it is work induced :lol:

Anyway- Just wanted to say- Stick with it everyone!!!
We are having a great week and I am looking foward to Sunday when we weigh again and see how well we have done! :D

I better go- I will keep reading through the day even if I can't sneak a post in.. :dizzy:
I have one more thing I am going to do..
I am going to throw a victory party! :dancer:

Here is a group hug for everyone.. :grouphug:
Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Phoenix_walker
11-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Hello
Thanks for the welcome. With sick children in tow, my day ahs gone pretty well. Though it has been a bit of a lazy one in the sence of activity simply becuase the kids are just feeling snuggles all day long. bless their hearts. I am wicked sore from my work out yesterday...SUCKS...can hardly move. I am really proud of myself with my water intake today..I have been doing really well. I did eat a bowl of cheessies...I felt bad after, but it wasnt a large bowl..ok I am over it. I was hoping to get out for a walk this eve, but I dont think thats going to work out. Thats all right. I am going to the gym tommorow am.
anyway , I am gonna go get din din started. The kids want beef aroni...The way I make it its actully good for ya..lol..well not the best thing in the world...BUT..I make it with veggie ground round rather then beef..and I use low fat cheese. hmmm i do love it.

anyway , talk soon
Phoenix

p.s. I dont know if its dedication that gets me to walk to the gym or a serious need to DO this THIS time. I know that might sound bad...but I guess that is dedication isnt it? I find though that I want to go t get a bit of a break. some me time. Sometimes I dont feel like working out , but I feel like a break..so I go to the gym and work out..lol

little grasshopper
11-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Crime Girl - sorry about the headache! Hope we didn't give it to you :) :)

Phoenix walker - what ever it is that gets you to walk to the gym - it's still impressive!! Plus you burn even more fat getting there and home again :) :)

I'm in a contract struggle with my gym right now and I can't decide if I should just give up on them and drop the contract or wait for them to fix the mistakes and keep using the gym. It's not close to me anymore but there is one open 24 hours a day that is close to my work.

Today has gone pretty well. Headache is finally gone. I did make a bad choice today. Blood Sugar was crashing...didn't realize I'd gotten that out of hand, that my blood sugar was so sensitive..anyway, blood sugar was crashing and I needed lunch NOW..I ate a low carb burger from Hardee's. I promise I didn't eat anything else with it and I drank water. To make up for it I had soup for dinner. Chicken, lots of veggies and a little brown rice. It's yummy and will be perfect for the rain tomorrow! Sometimes when food is really healthy it taste extra yummy, and others it just tastes boring. I need to get an allergy diet cookbook or something.

Well better go!! I'm sure I'll be back tonight!! See you all then.

susanne
11-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Hey Everyone!

I managed to squeeze 20 mintes of gym time in...better then not going at all. I also manged to avoid snacks so far today.

Crime Girl, yes I have heard of the phone pole thing! I can run to a phone pole...(barely..lol).. we all have to start somewhere. I love that he was 82 becuase I worry I am too old to bother with all this.

Ok, mIchimish, "stare at myself in the mirror and admire what i have done"...I think that is the one I like best.

Thanks for the warning about socks Grasshopper!

Wow, Phoenix Walker, you sure lost a lot of weight already! Congrad!

Im off to eat my very controled meal. Good Luck everyone!
Susannah

Crime girl
11-30-2004, 05:46 PM
It is me again- getting a little quality "board time" in and boy do I need it-
I am STILL working on my papers and quite frankly it is stressing me out so I think the headache came out of the stress- you guys are off the hook! ;)

Phoenix- I think maybe you needed a day to recoup if you are sore and besides I bet the "snuggle time" is doing you a lot of good. Sorry the little ones are sick- I hope that they start feeling better! :flow1:

Little grasshopper- I didn't know you have issues sometimes with blood sugar- I was recently diagnosed with diabetes (not sure if I told you guys that already) and I am working day by day to try to regulate my blood sugar and recognize when I HAVE to eat. I am a slow learner...
Don't beat yourself up about the burger- we all slip and frankly it wasn't much of a slip- A large pizza and a gallon of ice cream is a slip. :lol:

Susanne- Great job getting to that gym today!! :strong: and as far as marathons go I know if you truly want to do it - you can and you will! :dance:

As for me- I have enjoyed reading everyone's responses on what they will do when they lose the lbs. It gave me a few to add to mine as well- things I didn't even think about so thank you all for those! :lucky:

As for tomorrow- it is "what in the heck did I eat so far this week" day-
also I would love it if we offered tips and helpful things we do that help us keep on track with our eating plan. For example- I pack my lunch the night before because otherwise I will end up at McDonald's pigging my face out! :ink: Sound good? Let me know anytime you guys don't want to do something or have a better suggestion..I just like to give us at least one things to contribute each day. I think it is interesting reading everyones' responses.

Ok- well before I write a small novel I am going to go.
Have a delightful night everyone! :)
Keep up the great work!!

little grasshopper
11-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Crimegirl - WORK ON THE PAPERS :) just kidding. I'm so glad paper writing is over for me - believe if or not, I've actually had to go back to some of the ones I wrote to treat clients. Guess it's good I wrote them....darn it! You can do it!!! You wouldn't be where you are right now if you couldn't! I do have sugar problem - but mine is too low usually. That's why the md put me on the diet I'm on. If I'm good I can't even tell I have a sugar problem. (that's a big IF)

Susane - if you want to try to train, I'm here :) :) It would be nice knowing someone else is trying the same thing. I told BF last night what I want to do, he said nothing...then later brought me a ton of horror stories about people that have run them and pooped themselves! nice.....I need to talk to that boy about how to support someone you love.....:(

Pheonix, you're beef aroni sounds wonderful! I'm so hungry!!! time for more water :)

I'm sure everyone will pop in later tonight - it's great to have all of you here. I'm really excited to have so many people to chat with about reaching such a huge goal!! I'm glad you're here!

susanne
11-30-2004, 09:47 PM
Grasshopper when you teach your BF how to support someone he loves,... can you publish it so all men can learn??...lol...HAHAHAHA!... ah, men,,,got to love 'em. Yes, I would love to train with you. It is a huge help knowing someone else is doing the same thing.

Crime Girl, I am writing papers as well and I bought some perfumed bubble bath to take long soaks when I am too stressed. The gum chewing is really taking off well,too,
Thanks for moderating here!

..off to do homework...I'll pop on later.
Susanne

DonnaD
11-30-2004, 11:22 PM
I can't believe this board just ate my post, so if it shows up twice, I apologize. My middle son has been on the pc all nite. (he's 23) My oldest is 27 and my youngest is going to 22 in a few months and just got engaged today. OMG!

So, when I get thin...

I will look great at my son's wedding(she's got son's how old?)
I will wear heels with my dress and dance in them.
I will be a healthy grandma (but not too soon .. :lol: )
The only pill I will take in the morning will be a vitamin(no more meds)
I will buy a bicycle( I love it as a teen)
I will shop off the rack at any store.
I will ride every wild ride at great adventure.
I will get back in the water. (avoid pools and such)
I will take the top... :o ;)

You guys are great. love the posts. 25 minutes on the gazelle again and tonight I did not eat the pie. Had some lf wheat thins.

Michiemish
11-30-2004, 11:45 PM
Hey everyone.. Sounds like everyone had and ok day...Don't want to be the downer but i had a bad..Didn't head for the junk though...But i didn't get my walking in..But i did walk and up down my parents driveway which is a extremely step hill so i could take down the trash..

Tomorrow is my first day at WW and i'm already nervous..Hopefully i don't back down almost did today because i received bad news about my mother.. :( ... My mom has to go in on monday and have surgery..and she will be in the hospital for 4 days and i have to stay at my parents house and take care of my dad because he broke his hip 2 months ago and is having problems and he is having a hard time with his diabetes..Doctors told my mom she might have an advance form of cancer and it has moved to her lungs because she keeps getting fluid in her lungs for no reason..But they don't know what type or where it is..So it is going to be so hard to stay on track the next couple of weeks..Hopefully i can do it... I think i'm going to make a bet with my mom and make her stay positive about her health and i will stay on track w the diet thing..I know that would mean alot to her if i lost weight..Now that i have everyone down..And i'm sorry i did..
:grouphug:
Everyone must smile and it looks like everyone is doing so good w their goals and watching everything..GOOD JOB..WOOHOO :cb: :dancer:

Everyone have a nice night

Crime girl
12-01-2004, 12:22 AM
Oh Michimesh! I know that things must be hard for you right now and I wish there was something I could do! :crossed: here is hoping that the docs are totally off base. If you need to talk or just need someone to listen you can email me or send me a PM. :callme:
Don't worry about bringing us down- this board is about support and friendship! We are here for you!

As far as progress goes for everyone- it sounds like we are truckin along with an occasional speed bump and that it is OK! I know we will all be pleasantly surprised when we look at the scale on Sunday so stick with it! :goodscale
Just keep thinking about how good it will feel to do all the many things we have listed. :encore:

As for me today- I am STILL working on the papers from you know where and I STILL have a massive headache. Tomorrow will be a better day! Besides school I also have done well with the eating part of my plan and water intake but can't seem to get my butt moving! Somebody kick me in the seat of the pants won't you? :lol:

Have a wonderful night everyone -Thanks so much for sharing and caring!I truly believe this is what is keeping me on course.
Good night!

little grasshopper
12-01-2004, 12:54 AM
Michiemish - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother and your father too. Don't even think of bringing us down - what's a support group for if we're only here for the good times???!! Sounds like a great deal to make with your mother. It will help you too. You will think more clearly and be less stressed over all - believe it or not - if you're eating a healthy diet. So you'll be better able to handle the added stress....we're here too!
Keep us posted as you can.

Poor Crime Girl - working away on the papers. And Susane too - you get sympathy also :) :) Hope you guys finish soon!

Donna - congrats on the great day. Good news and exercise too :) You're having a good week!!

Well It's way past my bed time but I can't sleep. I have two clients first thing tomorrow a.m. I'm going to go try again :) See you tomorrow

Jazzmine
12-01-2004, 06:09 AM
{{hugs}}} Michiemish Hoping for good health for all 3 of you!!

I had a strange day yesterday...never ate until 3:00 pm and that threw me off totally. Did not do any formal exercise, but did lots of shopping and logged over 20,000 steps on my pedometer.

Am hoping to get back on a normal track today...I have to work, so it should be easier

Have a great day everyone

Crime girl
12-01-2004, 10:01 AM
How is everyone this morning??
As you all know - today is "what in the heck have I been eating all week??" day! :D
So- you can either give us an idea of what your daily intake looks like or just how well you are doing. Also- I think it would help us to talk about anytime that we stumbled. By looking at these times, we can see what was happening at the time that might have brought on the urge to cheat.

For me- I have done really well thanks to all of you- except last night I ate half a bag of popcorn at 8pm which is against my rules. I think it was because I was so stressed about my stupid papers which was totally unnecessary. Right after I shoveled down the popcorn I talked to a girl from my class who hasn't even started writing hers. So- that made the stress go away. Anyone have any suggestion of things I can do on top of exercise to relieve stress?? :?:

There are a couple of things I am doing which you probably are all already doing but they are new for me and I have the urge to share. ;)
I eat a bowl of all bran every morning and I swear it gets me through the day. I don't really like the taste but it kind of gives me a good base to work with for the whole day. I also try to eat every two hours and have started eating lettuce in place of potato chips (which I love) because it is crunchy and makes me forget I am not eating chips. :lol: Most of time I am shoveling chips in my mouth in the past it is habit not taste so I am trying to replace the habit.

Jazzmine- Great job on the # of steps yesterday! :bravo: I have those days too when I just don't want to eat until late in the day but I usually sabatoge myself because by the time I eat my body is screaming for food so I overindulge. :dizzy:

Susanne- I feel your pain with the paper writing- hang in there- semester is almost over! ;)

Donna- Congrats on your son's engagement! :hat: Any idea when the wedding will be??

I just remembered another tip- (wow my mind is all over the place)
I also plan ahead my meals. So first thing in the morning I know exactly what I am going to eat all day. That way- the MCDonald's drive through doesn't get me. :burger: :mcd:
What kind of things do you guys do???

Well- need to get back to my papers. You guys have been a Godsend to me and I credit you with keeping me on course (this is the longest I have ever stuck with it) so keep chatting! :comp:
Also- I second little grasshopper's statement that we are here for the bad as well as the good times so let us know how we can help. :)
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Don't forget to laugh, dance, and enjoy your day! :lol: :cb: :dance:

little grasshopper
12-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Hi there. I have a great stress tip - it doesn't involve food though. It kind of "resets" the nervous system so it can handle whatever has you rattled. I use it with clients and they feel great afterwards. Here goes....

You sit or stand in a quieter place (where you can spend a few minutes or seconds for yourself) Place one hand across your forehead (like you're checking a child to see if they have a temp) Place the other hand across the top of your head. You don't have to press hard. Now think about whatever has you stressed out and breath. Picture it ending well and things going just fine - or picture whatever hard thing you have to go through happening and you being able to cope easily. Do this for as long as it feels good. 1 minute is usually a good amount of time. You should feel much more relaxed and in control of the situation afterwards.

Hope that helps! It has a name but I swear I can't remember it!! Sorry :)

little grasshopper
12-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Okay, I'm ready to confess my sins :) Eating has been pretty decent. I can eat beef and chicken, veggies and pears and nuts. So I've been having soup, salads, and stir fries with meat. I did mess up yesterday and have a hardees burger but I promise that was only because of blood sugar. I'm not doing a very good job at scheduling that part of my meals. It's almost impossible to eat fast food right now. I have been drinking tons of water with lemon :) Another problem I've been having is snacking. I think I'm not eating enough at meals and I'm getting really hungry shortly after I eat. They'd rather I eat 5-6 small meals so I wonder if that's what I'm basically doing or if snacking on nuts will stall me.

As for tips that I have. One thing I do when I know bad weather is coming is make a big bowl of healthy soup! It works as a comfort food and keeps me out of things like chili or hot chocolate. That's what I made this week. My challenge is that it's hard to make it taste different with the limitted ingredients I have to work with. I'm going to have to start making one veggie soups - just so they'll taste different :)

I also put lemon, lime and ginger in my water - not all together though :) It breaks up the water we drink all day :) :) I use a lot of seasoning. OHHHH!! You can chop green veggies up really small - like a spice and put them in dishes and they give them a neat unique flavor - AND you're getting green veggies. :) I topped a chicken breast with mustard greens last week and grilled them. The greens made the chicken yummy and spicy :) :) The more flavor the better I feel about my food and the less likely I am to cheat.

I walked today and timed myself. I'm not suppose to do that but I wanted to make sure I was somewhere in the ball park of where I needed to be. I'm doing well. two miles in 30 minutes flat. I have to walk again friday - 40 minutes of walking :) So far so good. Nothing hurts and I actually WANT to do more than I'm doing. Nice logic they're using on me :) I have been doing ab and leg and arm exercises too.

this weekend is BF's holiday part for work. I don't have anything "worthy" to wear. I can almost wear a top I have. I'm doing my best to turn the "almost" into a "can wear" I'm close - wish me luck!!!! I don't want to buy anything when I'm so close to being able to wear the larger stuff in my closet.

Well I've rambled enough - looking forward to seeing everyone's posts :) :) you guys keep me going too :) :) don't stop!!!!!

oraki
12-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Hi all!! Just wanted to pop in and say hi!! I'll post more later. Hope everyone's doing well!!

susanne
12-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Michimish, I am truly sorry about your mom. I hope you have support and help. You are in our prayers. Life can be so tough sometimes. My heart goes out to you and your family.

As far as food goes for today. I am doing pretty good. Today was my first morning eating Egg Beaters, 30 calories a serving, no cholestrol,,,, costs a fortune!... I know they are good for me and I really wanted to like them but was scared I wouldnt...but I really liked it! I got the garden variety kind and it was really good! This is important because scrambled eggs are my most favorite breakfast in the whole world! This is an excellant replacement! I had a chicken leg for lunch with Hazalnut coffee... Then spent an hour at the gym!!! Now I just sat down to another chicken leg and a big salad.

I would use Fitday to log it in and keep track but I had to stop that. I found tracking food daily makes me obsessive and then all I can think about is eating. So I go back and forth. When I feel like I am out of hand I record my food for a few weeks to get me back on track.

I am using my scale and that helps a lot. I know for some its not good to weigh often but for me its like having food police. DAy 3 and still in the same pound.... digital is easier to read though, no eye squinting wondering if you hit the next pound.

GOod luck to everyone!
Susannah

Crime girl
12-01-2004, 06:23 PM
I am happy to say that I have finished 1 of the 2 papers I have to write so I am feeling so much better! :dancer:

Little grasshopper- I am going to try your stress tip- I need something for when I freak out and this would be perfect. Also- soup is a great idea-I may have to steal that one. It is getting cold now, by Florida standards, and soup would be perfect. Don't sweat the party clothes- it will work out and the important part is that you go. :D

Susanne- I didn't know Egg Beaters come in different varieties (shows how much I go to the store) I usually eat the plain ole regular ones. Took a while to get use to but now I like them better than eggs. I am also like you with writing down what I eat- I get way too concentrated on it. :headache: Sometimes I just wait until I get home at night and then write everything down- it makes me go through my day and face any indulges I make. :lol:

I am going to go- I am tired from my paper! :faint:
I will be on later -
Have a great night everyone!

oraki
12-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Michiemish I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. Your family will be in my thoughts. Don't worry about bringing us down. That's what we're here for. To support each other through good times and bad times. Here's a hug for you.

It looks like everyone is doing okay!! Good for us!!! Okay let's see what have I eaten this week??? Actually I've stuck with my plan. Okay wait a minute I did have that late night snack Monday night. I had already eaten dinner but around 11 pm I was starving!!! I tried drinking water but I was still hungry so I ate a bowl of cereal. I don't think that was too bad. Other than that I've been doing great. I owe a lot of to this thread. :-) It really keeps me motivated to stay on track.

As for tips. Hmm I can't think of anything right now. I know I'll think of something soon...I'll be back!!!! lol

kjk123
12-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Hello everyone!

Crimegirl suggested I join your forum, and I just spend quite some time reading all of your posts. I must say that you all are an inspiration!!! I hope that I can sometime soon become as dedicated as any of you.

I have had a really rough week with work, my hours are killing me. I have to be at work by 8, and have never been successful at working out beforehand. But then by the time I get home after 7, I am too beat to work out. So that's a battle I'm fighting. Which is hilarious, because...get this....I work at a YMCA!!!

I'm also struggling with food at this point. The holidays are a killer, but reading all of your posts has motivated me to do better at sticking to my plan. Which, by the way, is just to eat well-balanced meals, sort of WW based. I was a WWer about two years ago and had some success, but it's honestly the most sensible option I've tried.

As for what I will do when I've accomplished my goal:
1. Enjoy roller coasters again, because I'll be able to fit in the cars.
2. Buy cute outfits like the skinny girls.
3. Enjoy all of my cute shoes more because my feet won't kill because of the extra weight.
4. Swim!!!
5. Take a vacation and not worry about how I look in a suit.
6. Get a tattoo (this is a pact my best friend and I made, but it's been a long time coming, but I'm sticking to the deal).

Ok, that's it for today. I'll get on track with the schedule tomorrow hopefully. Thanks again, and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Kelly

oraki
12-01-2004, 08:35 PM
kik123 WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!! It's a great group of people here. You'll feel right at home. You work at the YMCA???? I wanted to join my local one but it was just too expensive. Maybe you can squeeze a workout in on your lunch break??? I know about feeling tired once you get home. What I've been doing this week is coming straight home and putting my exercise tape in. I don't even sit down. If I sit down, that's it!! It's not going to happen!!!

Again welcome welcome welcome and post often!!!

little grasshopper
12-01-2004, 08:56 PM
kik123- HI!!! WELCOME! We're so glad you're here. We're a chatty bunch - which is great because sometimes you just need to know NOW that others are thinking of you and understand what you're going through! I really feel that way here. I can understand the work struggle too...I did it for years. I almost made a morning person out of myself trying to go in the a.m. Good luck finding a time you can work out!! As for the food - any small change is a positive one!!! Make one change a week and see where you are a few weeks from now :)

oraki - I hear you with the exercise tape thing! I made the mistake if sitting down today. Then I get a list of things that are "more important" than exercising (i.e. excuses ;) ) I did manage to finish tonight. And I think you're right - as long as the bowl of cereal didn't derail you, it shouldn't make that much of a difference. You did a great thing sticking to your plan the next day!! That's huge!!

I've cheated..and on check in day too. Nothing too bad I just seem to be eating non stop. Little things. I really need to get a hardcore meal plan set. I had two of the raviolis I made for BF. I dipped them in the sauce. I know that won't kill my diet but I'm sure I'll remember it when I'm not 5 pounds lighter tomorrow :) :)

Crime Girl - congratulations on your paper success!!!!! You made it!!!! 1 more to go, right??

Guys I'm really excited. It's hard to get organic foods here. I just found out there is a farm near me that has veggies, meats, eggs, milk, cheeses - the works. They go to the farmer's market right by my house. I'm going Saturday - I love organic veggies - they taste sooooo much better! More soup :) :)

Okay, this is a book again - sorry guys!! talk to you soon.

Crime girl
12-01-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone!!

Welcome kjk123 :cb: I am so glad you decided to join our group! We have managed to group together some really supportive and caring people and we are always glad to get one more. :D
Your schedule sounds like mine and I have been doing lousy on exercise too. :?: It is Okay though- one day at a time! We will try to nudge you back on track. ;)

Just a reminder that tomorrow is "Have I been getting off the couch and moving my bootie" day! :lol: I can tell you all- I will be the person that deserves to be kicked in the pants tomorrow!
So- tomorrow post what your exercise plan is and we will go from there..
and of course let us know how you have been doing. (Then quickly disregard my failure to do it :devil: )
I think it would be fun tomorrow to talk about the things we love to do..
do you love to ski, swim, rollerskate, go handgliding, hike, etc.? :strong: :dancer: :tread: :kickcan:
It can either be things you want to do, things you do, or things you have seen others do and want to learn how to.

So- I am going to go now. I have to concentrate to think of the word "sports" so I think the paper is still messing with my mind.
Have a wonderful night everyone!
And thank you all for all the great support! :grouphug:

oraki
12-01-2004, 09:08 PM
little grasshopper Don't apologize!!! Talk away!! It doesn't sound like you did too bad. Ravioli? That's not too bad I don't think. It's not a pizza!! Organic huh? I don't think I've ever had organic veggies. Can you really taste the difference? I may have to try some. Sounds healthier for you. Right now I'm looking for some recipes. I'm determined not to eat junk food. The way I figure anything I may have a desire for I can find a healthier alternative for it. Anyone have any recipe sites that they like??

oraki
12-01-2004, 09:25 PM
I plan on buying some groceries over the weekend and I was trying to put together a grocery list of things that are healthy and can turn into a quick easy meal for me and my husband. Any suggestions? What's normally on your grocery list?

kjk123
12-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Thanks to all for the supportive welcome! And I'm glad this is a chatty group - I'd rather be constantly online chatting and posting than eating!!!

oraki - I'm not sure what your diet plan is, but when I was doing WW, I found that dottisweightlosszone.com had great recipes, as well as points for eating out at most major fast food/sit down restaurants. Even if this isn't your plan, check it out - you never know what you might find!

crime girl - I think we might be sharing that butt kicking tomorrow, but that's ok. Good luck on that paper - the end is in sight!

Kelly

Michiemish
12-01-2004, 10:07 PM
HEY EVERYONE!!!!
Sounds like eveyone is doing good.....CONGRATS CRIMEGIRL for getting your paper done 1 less thing to be stressed about...

Welcome kjk123...

Well just checking in..I went to my first WW meeting today..it was ok..just have to start now...I was going to go to the store this week but i'm going to be staying at my parents house for 2 weeks...so no point in stocking my fridge...THANK YOU everyone for your support. :grouphug: .I'm trying to hold it together for my mom..She is alsways the strong one and now she is totally losing it...so i'm my mom support..

Let see to keep me on track with my eating i plan what i'm going to eat all day and put it aside also write it down..so i can see how much i'm intaking...i also don't carry any cash on me so i don't go to a fast food place (don't like using atm in fast food places..so that helps..)..

But i'll check in w everyone tomorrow..have a good night

little grasshopper
12-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Hi guys. This has not been a good night. Bf has been falling down on the job lately, as far as he doens't tell me I look nice - ever. Doesn't notice if I clean the house from top to bottom, has made several really rude comments - in a joking manner (they cease to be jokes when there are no compliments to go with them). I finally sat him down tonight - when he went to bed without saying goodnight, to ask if he was okay. I finally told him that I'm getting scared. He just said huh. FINALLY he asked what it is I'm scared about. I told him I'm worried that he doesn't love me as much anymore or that he's no longer sure I'm the "one". He just sat there for the longest time. FINALLY he said "I don't know why you would say that." Nothing else. Didn't hug me, tell me he loves me, look in my direction, nothing. I just said good night at that point. It's late and he gets up early anyway. But I was sooo hoping he would do what I needed. Tell me he loves me, tell me he's been closed off lately and either tell me why or tell me it has nothing to do with me or SOMETHING. As it is I'm just suppose to take "I don't know why you would say that" as assurance that he does love me as much.

I cooked his dinner tonight - 30 MINUTES LATER he asks me if I'm going to serve it up for him. (joking). I just said, "I did, half an hour ago." He's not a jerk at all, he just doesn't think about how things sound sometimes - or that women are different from men and need the affection. He's the least affectionate person I've ever met - and it's hard because he was just the oposite when I met him and fell in love with him.

okay, I'm dumping a lot on you guys. I'm sorry. I've just been festering with this for a while, trying to tell myself it wasn't bothering me. It is. I'm going to drink water now so I don't eat. luckily I'm not hungry. I have to keep telling myself - he does love me and this is not worth pigging out over because it will blow over and I will feel horrible about myself if I let this derail me. I just wish he could be a little more affectionate.

oraki
12-01-2004, 10:50 PM
oh little grasshopper it's going to be okay. I know how you feel. Sometimes I feel that way with my husband. The other day I told him sometimes I feel like I'm just his errand girl. "Do this, do that, get this, get that". Sometimes that's all I hear. I think after you've been with someone for a certain amount of time you tend to take that person for granted. I know me and my husband have that problem sometimes. How long have you two been together? Sit him down and tell him exactly how you feel. I think if he really loves you and cares he'll realize that this is very important to you and what's important to you should be important to him. Don't pig out. It's not worth it. Believe me you'll regret it in the morning. It's going to be okay. :-)

Crime girl
12-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Hi guys! Thought I would check in with everyone before I go to bed.

WOW- while I was typing oraki posted again- I love this group! :D

Little grasshopper- I am in the same boat as you- live with bf. Mine never says anything nice anymore- he is just there. Eating, annoying me, and ocassionally being social. I am with oraki though- don't pig out. It is SO not worth it! Besides the weight loss is for you- it belongs to you- don't let him trip you up and take that from you. For me- I am going to go my own way when I graduate- for you, it is a call you have to make. I also agree with oraki that you need to sit him and down and talk to him.

michimesh- Good job going to WW! Hang in there at your parents. It is so great that you are there to support your mom. I know it is hard so when you need to let it out- come here- we will
be here for you. :grouphug:

oraki- I buy carrots, celery, chicken for chicken salad (Sue Bee's in a vacuum bag), raisins, V8, a lot of veggies, brown rice, lean lunch meat - I also get some Lean Cusines and when my bf is at work at night I have that and a salad. Hope this helps! :coffee2:

kjk-glad you are jumping right in and I liked your list of things you are going to do when you lose weight. I can identify with all of them. ;)

Well, I need to take a shower and go to bed. I have class tomorrow morning and then I have to edit and put cites in my last paper. I am trying to look at the light at the end of the tunnel but it is hard. I will be SO SO SO happy on Saturday when all this is over. :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

Good night everyone!!! Have a wonderful night and I will see you all tomorrow. :D

Cinisha1
12-02-2004, 02:22 AM
Hi everyone. You guys are so inspiring I've never seen a bunch of people so motivated and really doing something about it. When i get off work I'm anxious to get on here just to see how you all are doing. I'm so motivated the next day. Sorry I'm on here so late. This week so far has been crazy just lack of time to do anything. But I have been eating right trying to stay under 1600 cals. I have been eating oatmeal every morning, some fruit, no junk food or soda so far. It's hard to squeeze in lunch, but today I had some chicken and vegetabe soup from Subway sooo good :^: and turkey and greens and a little mac and cheese for dinner. I'm doing pretty well eating. Crime girl: the lettuce idea great. I love potatoe chips. I work at night and that's the first thing I grab when I want a quick snack- some greasy potatoe chips :lol: lately I've been snacking on walnuts or pecans, but that is a great idea. I will give it a try. Exercise hasn't been so good. I have been up early, dressed and ready to go, but with all the things I had going on this week I havn't made it yet. I'm still going to try to get at least two days in this week. At least I'm eating a little better than before I don't think I lost any weight yet but at least I am off to a good start.

The one thing I want to do when I lose weight is to take pictures. I don't even have pictures of me and my son and he is ten years old and that's bad. But it'll happen for me one day. It's a slow process for me because I'm finally learning how to eat like a normal person and it's hard. but I can picture myself so clear- smaller, healthier and happy. So everyone keep up the faith and stay motivated. I'm going to get some rest and I'll post later tonight. :)

Jazzmine
12-02-2004, 06:53 AM
Hi everyone :wave: I am really sick, but I am still here in spirit. I am reading everone's posts and keeping up-I am so proud of you!!! You all are so inspiring

susanne
12-02-2004, 08:04 AM
Well I was going to write a message addressing each person but Good God! we cant shut up!....lol.... I JUST LOVE THIS!!!....yup, Im a blabber too. And thank you Crime Girl for giving us topics... I need direction and constant attention when I lose weight...(whiny baby comes to mind)....and someone here said it was better to be here blabbing then eating. I AGREE!!

I ate my egg beaters again....now I have to go buy more..

Someone asked for food suggestions...my greatest suggestion is a steamer...the kind that comes as a large saucepan with an inset with holes. When I was succeeding at losing..( long ago).. I would fill the steamer with veggies and white meat either chicken or fish.. and sprinkle with herbs... then steam... the glory part is that you can let it sit there and pick and the food is all healthy with no fat. The whole steamer can even go in the fridge and then pull it out later and it heats back up in minutes. I find I eat whatever is accessable. so you have to make the good food look tempting and accessible.....like egg beaters!

Lets see if I can actually get my butt to the gym somehow today..the schedule is a bit crazy...

Good Luck Everyone! I'll be back later! Hang in and Good Luck Soldiers!

Susanne

little grasshopper
12-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Hi guys. Thanks for all the support last night. Today is a new day. I'll talk to him tonight and after a long night of thinking and worrying, I know he loves me...it's just that the way he shows it don't match the things I look for. We've got to meet in the middle on that...makes me worry that the way I show him, doesn't match what he needs either. Does that make sense. communication is soo hard sometimes!!!

Susane you made me laugh with the egg beaters :) :) I can't eat eggs either but sometimes I break down and have them. Mine is an allergy thing.

cinisha - I can understand not wanting pictures. I won't put any of mine up right now. I'm developing a website for my business and I need a head shot. I am putting that off as long as I can. If I'm going to be represented in one snap shot I want it to be the best me I can offer, you know?? We'll all get there though!

What do I shop for?? I get lots of veggies, chicken and beef. I make a pot roast and then when we're tired of eating it I turn it into beef BBQ and we eat somemore. (ours is a vinegar, red pepper based bbq sauce, not the heavier surgary red sauces). I also make a lot of soups. And because I can have brown rice I know EVERY PRODUCT made with brown rice :) I'm like the forest gump of brown rice....rice chips, rice crackers, rice cookies, rice cereal, rice milk......the list goes on and on :) OH and rice cheese :) YUM!

One thing that is important for me is to have healthier choices around in case I do crash. I have Heathier corn chips around. (not suppose to eat them but it's a lot better than caving on regular chips...) Or I'll make sure I have access to better chocolate, or I'll get oraganic, non sugar foods so that when I really crave them i can have them but I'm doing as much damage as with what I use to eat. Now when I cheat for the most part it's not as bad as it use to be. (you have to forget the hamburger thing for this story to work :) )

Well I'd better get going. I have breakfast and a belly dancing tape waiting for me :)

little grasshopper
12-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Oh, before I forget. My exercises for this week looks like this...

Monday - 2 miles walking, yoga and ab/arm stuff.
Tuesday - yoga and longer ab/arm stuff
Wednesday - same as monday

I feel stronger already :) My plan is to follow a running/walking plan to get in shap and run marathon next year. So far I'm in the Pre training phase so I'm doing walking. Each week you bump the amount of walking or running you're doing and slowly build the joints and ligaments to be able to handle it (and the lungs and heart). I'm adding weight training and yoga for stretching and stress to it.

What do I like to do? :) I love the outdoors!! I love to hike (my pack doesn't even fit right now) ride bikes, camp, anything outdoors. I use to rock climb - I want to do it again. I like photography and BF and I are planning to take a photography class together. I have two dogs and I'm also beginning to enter them in dog training classes. That is a lot of fun - and helpful too!! And I love to cook!!! Love it! My dream vacation is to go to Tuscany and eat and learn to cook :) :) One day......and last but not least - I really do like my job. I get to make people feel better. I feel like I've done something good each day (usually). I'm passionate about it and love learning more about it.

Look forward to reading everyone's. have a great day!!!!

Crime girl
12-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Hi everybody!!! I just got back from class where I turned in megapaper #1 and I am ready to tackle editing megapaper #2. I thought I would pop in and say HI! :wave:

cinisha- I am so glad you decided to join and post with us! :D You are doing really well on your food so :bravo: I will make a deal with you on exercise- I haven't done anything this week - I will exercise today and tomorrow if you do! ;) Maybe if we buddy up and know someone else is having problems getting motivated - it will get us going. I also understand what you mean about pics- I have maybe 4 pics of myself at this weight- I hide from cameras. :o

Jazzmine- Get better soon!!! We miss your chatter so get well ! :lucky:

Susanne- A steamer is a great idea!! Is there any particular brand name that is better then others??? I also eat whatever is around so this sounds great.
You better get in your car and go get those egg beaters! Watch out for the screaming ice cream- it will try to get you to take it home. It is a trap! :lol:

Little grasshopper- I am glad that you have thought things through with bf and you make a valid point- maybe I need to try to figure out what my bf thinks about the way i treat him...also GREAT JOB :cp: with the exercise. That is going to help you so much and I think a marathon is a great goal for you. You can do it!!! :dancer:

Well as for me- no exercise all week and I have decided I am blaming my papers - don't try to change my mind- that is my story and I am sticking to it! I really need to get off my butt and go walk - I know it will help me think yet I sit here like a big dummy. Sigh! :doh:

I really have nothing else going on except papers and that is a boring subject! I will finally have my life back Saturday and I am excited to not have school for a few weeks. :cb: ( I love this little guy)

I will write more later-
oh- things I like to do-
play soccer, run, and hike (all things I cant do at this weight) Always wanted to run a marathon and also wanted to learn how to ski.

little grasshopper
12-02-2004, 04:27 PM
:D :D :lol: :lol: I don't think I'll every look at the icecream section the same way again :) :) Thanks!!!

Today has been hard. I'm eating okay but really want to cheat. I mean REALLY want to cheat. SF candies are out for me (they send me running if you know what I mean :) ) Having a big bowl of green beans right now. Had soup for lunch. I know the cheat thing is just because I'm down. I feel like this thing with BF and I is a basic communication thing. Learning how to really communicate I love you....and learning how to really meet each other's emotional needs. But feeling this way doens't help me deal with it much. We just need to be active about it. We tend to do better for a couple of days and then he slacks off - but maybe I do too, I don't know. We have to be constant about it. I think we only have so many times of finding ourselves in this place before one of us decides it's not worth it.

Well enough about me. I'm going to reread everyone's posts and be more positive when I come back :)

susanne
12-02-2004, 05:58 PM
HI everyone!

Yes, Crime Girl. I believe that papers have prevented you from working out.... papers can make some people not only not work out but eat all the cookies too. ..so your doing good!! YAY!!! One paper gone!!!

I did mange to to escape the grocery store with only the intended items and no more....YAY!... I got 3 cartons of egg beaters.... I am stocking up for an exam. The weekend will be a study session and thats my greatest time to overeat! Egg beaters have only 30 cals and I love scrambled eggs so its a good substitute and hopefully I can pig out on them and not somehting more devilish.

I did go to the gym..30 mintes of the eliptical rider and 15 minutes of nautilus! Tomorrow I wont get there... I leave at 6am...I wont be home til 7pm and then nap before I go to work at 10. But I am on day four of eating good and working out.

Grasshopper, I love rice too!!... but it sets me off.. if I eat it, I will be devoring pasta, oatmeal and God know what else without any concern for portion control. Grains set me off... I can eat a serving of ice cream and behave... grains I cant.

No advice on the guy thing..Im in the middle of a divorce...

I was going to do some running but my calves were killing from the eliptical rider...in fact they feel crampy...think I will go soak in the tub...

Good Luck Soldiers!!

Susanne

Michiemish
12-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Hey everyone thought i would check in...Been pretty good today i have stayed within my points so far but i still have a dinner and a softball game tonight...

Grasshoper.. totally understand on the bf thing..I don't live with mine because when we lived together we just did get along at all..I just got off the phone w my bf..he is being a dork too..He tells me not to go to his game tonight and if i do go he is going to be mad at me..he says he doesn't want me going because of the whole thing with my mom..but things have been like this for 2 months and he has been telling me that he feels he is not that important to me and that i haven't been with him enough blah blah blah blah...But i have gone to every one of his games and seen him on my days off..So know that my mom has to go into the hospital again he is telling me maybe we shouldn't be together because i won't be able to be there for him and that he will be on the back burner again...Too much drama for me right now...I want to go for the junk and pig out but i am restraining myself from it..Its hard but i just come on here instead and post..

But anyways have to go talk to u guys later

***hugs****

Crime girl
12-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Okay- well...
By no fault of my own (of course) I just ate a foot long sub from Publix with mayo and cheese...the whole sub...eeekkk! :eek: I am blaming the paper- I know there is only one but it ganged up on me. What was I suppose to do???
;)
SO- I am feeling disappointed because I have been so good-
I think I am going to have to go walk in my neighborhood tonight to make up for it..Sigh! :cry:

Well I am on page 16 out of 18 pages to correct and put citations in for...
susanne- I happy the ice cream did not get you- ice cream can be cruel and demanding sometimes. :D Are you getting ready for finals?? and what are you studying?? what year are you ?? give me details girl! :dizzy:

Okay- i will be on later and I will catch up with everyone-
Thanks for reading- needed to vent.. :coffee:

little grasshopper
12-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Crime Girl - hope that sub didn't hurt you too much when it ganged up on you! - we'll forgive this one :) don't let it get you again for a while though :) :) Don't let that paper have power over you and how you feel about yourself!! You slipped and that's okay, that's life. Time to make sure you don't completely fall of the wagon :) We're here for you and quite chatty :) :)

Susane - look at you go, at the gym :) :) good for you!!!! Rest those calf muscles, you don't want them cramping on you. If they do let me know and I'll see if there is anything I know that can help. Make sure you're stretching before and after you work out - the big muscles at least. That'll help. Believe it or not, tight calf muscles can be associated with extra stress too. (wierd but true) To anything you can do for yourself that is relaxing will help them relax too.

Michiemish - boys are strange. Just when things are good they get wierd again. Good luck with your situation!! I know what you mean about the drama. Sometimes it's just too much. Glad you came here though :) :)

Well at the risk of sounding like a hick, one of my dogs ate a dead squirrel and she smells like the dang thing!! I have to go give her a bath.

Jazzmine
12-02-2004, 10:25 PM
Hi Everyone!! :wave: Still sick here, so that is good for my eating plan-I can honestly report that I am not over eating !! :wink:
Hope I am back up and able to feel more social soon!!!

I didn't even do my watp tape today, I felt so cruddy-But I have tomorrow off, so I am hoping to rest and recuperate!!

Crime girl
12-02-2004, 10:30 PM
I am official finished with both papers and I am ready to ...I was gonna say party but frankly I am SOOOO sleepy and tired..... :faint:
:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:
(my little banana happy congo line)

And I have to say :rofl: Little Grasshopper- Your dog ate a squirrel... :lol: :lol: I don't know why but that is the funniest thing I have ever heard...maybe it is sleep deprevation...

OK- I am going to be short tonight...
Tomorrow is support day and I know everyone is good there so..
How about tomorrow we list 5 things we can't do without? ( and NO I don't mean ice cream. ;) )
Have a wonderful night everyone!!!

I almost forgot- Michimiesh- don't sweat it-I am a firm believer in the premise that boys suck! If he can't appreciate you for who you are then he is not a very bright guy! Maybe he is just a little scared about how things will go now that you have other more pressing priorities in your life...either way- good job staying on course and hang in there. We are here when you need us. :flow1:

Cinisha1
12-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Hi everyone. Feel so welcome to join you guys :^: Little Grasshopper & Michimiesh- relationships are so hard. Tell him what's on your mind and be open to here his side but don't let it stress you. Pray on it and keep doing what's best for you. Leave it in God's hands, it I'll work out.
Crime girl- don't feel bad I did well all day. I had a bagel, soup for lunch and a turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato for dinner and then a strawberry shortcake parfeit from KFC. Peer pressure :( and then my boss made a birthday cake spiked with rum and brought it in to share with us..I couldn't resist, I was the first one in there to get a peice. :smug: that's so bad but I'll get back on track. Sometimes I feel like my co-workers don't want me to lose weight. I don't know, it is strange but I will show them. And for all those who got some good excersise in great job! :)
I didn't make it to the gym at all this week, been so busy these past mornings but next week I plan to be prepared and ready to go in the morning before work. It's not even difficult I just have to be on point and go do what I have to do. Before I know it, it will be summer again. I'll post soon.

oraki
12-03-2004, 06:21 AM
Good morning everyone!!! I fell asleep way early last night so I have to catch up on the latest posts. Just wanted to say TGIF!!!! Woo hoo!!!! Talk to you all later!!!

little grasshopper
12-03-2004, 07:12 AM
Yeah!!! It's friday!!! :D :spin: :spin: :D I have a full day of work today but luckily for me I HAVE to eat well at my job - they're the ones that put me on the diet in the first place (doctors - not evil coworkers)

oraki - glad you made it in. I wish I'd gone to bed too early. I went late and then woke up at 2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep until about 30 minutes before the alarm went off. :mad: I hate alarm clocks!!

Cinsha - where in the world do you work that they bring in cake spiked with RUM? :) :) Are they hiring? Hang in there with your job. This is a hard time of year at work ...all of the sudden everyone is baking. You can be strong though - and even when you do cave a little, remember, you'll still doing better than before your lifestyle change. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, just a steady pace at eating a better lifestyle. And you did say you did well all day until the end - that's something to be proud of. :) Tomorrow you'll make it to the end.

Crime girl - you should smell the squirrel breath - it's not funny after that :^: My sweet, dainty lab just shows up with and end of a squirrel SO PROUD of herself.....she rolls in it, slobbers on it and then brings it for me. YIKES! The wild one - mac (an australian sheppard) has no idea how to catch an animal..but he's the wild one?? go figure.

Well guys Have a great day!!! A skinnier one :) :) We're getting there one day at a time!!!! Yippie!!

little grasshopper
12-03-2004, 07:15 AM
oops forgot homework....I would like to add one thing to my list of things I'm going to do when I hit my goal.....I'm going to buy a pair of jeans that make my butt look like a booty :) :) A really nice, hot pair of jeans!

okay, 5 things I can't live without.

1. apparently affection
2. stress breaks
3. books
4. nuts
5. ....still thinking, I'll decide later and get back to you.

oh, it's 32 outside and I have to go walk. I know that's not cold to some of you but to me it's pretty freaking cold!!! wish my toes luck! :)

Michiemish
12-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Hey everyone

don't feel bad crimegirl..I was bad too..went to chilis after the softball game i had a grilled chicken sandwhich and took off the dressing..But the fries were so good...But so far today i have been good and i know i will stay on tract today..Hopefully the weekend will be good...I have 2 more night in my own apartment before i have to move home to stay w my dad for a week..But i will stay in touch while i'm at my parents..

See u guys later..

hope u get better jazz

kjk123
12-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Hi all!

Well, I'm totally off plan and probably will remain so the rest of the weekend, as today is my birthday. I've eaten so horribly today, I don't even wish to share! But let's just say that I will officially begin (AGAIN!) on Monday.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, and best of luck to you all. I'll rejoin the ranks on Monday (I promise!!!)....

Kelly

Crime girl
12-03-2004, 06:09 PM
How is everyone today?????

So far only one list of things that you can't do without- not a good subject?
:?: Ok- well no prob...We have to all get back on plan (except kjk because it is her birthday..HAPPY BDAY!!!! :hb: ) I also fell off the wagon except I let it run over me- Chinese for lunch and Bennigans for dinner...I feel like complete crap. :sorry: We started so well....

Ok- I am getting on my soapbox.. :soap: We have to get back on plan..we all want to lose weight and we all can lose weight...past mistakes are OK but lets get back with it and start losing again...who is with me?? :D

Lets hear it everyone- I need an "I can do it" from everyone! Don't quit on me now- I need you guys. :^:

Well- I will check back later-
Jazzmine- Hope you are feeling better- Get well soon.

Have a wonderful night everyone!! TGIF! :coffee:

susanne
12-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Crime Girl, Im here...and we are doing it! I am good with any topic... topics and direction keep me going. I just got home.

Five things....hmmm....
1- I cant go without support or I wont lose weight.
2- I have to have my kids.
3- I have to have a place I feel safe.
4- I have to have the hope that I can be the runner I want to be
5- At long as I have coffee and egg beaters, the rest can be fudged as I go along.

Crime girl
12-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Hi again everyone!

I just got on to apologize because I think my last post came off harsher than I meant it to- I know everyone is trying their best and we are all doing really well! I just was so disappointed in myself I think I let it trickle out into my post...so sorry if I was too much of a downer. :o

Anyway- I am going to do my list of 5 things I can't live without-

1. My wonderful dog Charlie- he keeps my cheered up and laughing! :lol:
2. Really good books to read! :D
3. Support from those around me- especially you guys! ;)
4. My friends and family :D
5. My faith in God and his influence in my life :angel:

That is mine- I promise tomorrow I will come on this board ready to get back with it and have a better attitude about everything!

Thanks for all the support and understanding-

little grasshopper
12-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi guys!! It's so late today because i worked in the office all day long. Relaxing day but no computer in our company. Weird huh? The head Doctor doesn't like the problems that people develop sitting in front of computers all day, so instead we get writers cramp :) :) Just kidding!

I have been pretty good today. I did have a small brownie like thing - but was gluten free and had grape juice in it. I'm not sure if it was on plan or not. I think it was. I didn't get to walk today though because I had to run all kinds of errands at lunch then my best friend found out she had to go to a wedding tomorrow night - formal!! So we had to raid closets - I'm a foot taller than her..that didn't work..we went shopping. :) Ate dinner but was very good. Sea bass and brocoli. YUM!

I figured out my 5th thing....rice anything....rice ice cream today. It's what I cheat with. Not the best thing for me on a regular basis but completely legal to cheat with :) It keeps me normal (as normal as a girl eating rice icecream can be).

Well tomorrow is the day. I'm stuck between two jean sizes...one is too tight in the waist (I gain all my weight around the waist and my but stays flat...so jeans can theoretically fall off my butt and yet still have a fat roll hanging out the top. It's great. :( ) Anyway, one pair does the thing above...so sexy and the other is almost kind of baggie. Wierd.......not the look was I going for.

tomorrow I'm working charity work at a local mall. Chair Massage for donations. Cross your fingers I drum up some more business :) :)

Mich - do keep in touch with us while you're at your dads!! We're gonna miss you :) :)

Kik - happy birthday!!! Live and enjoy!!!

Crime girl - it's only today. You still have tomorrow and it's a clean slate :) This weight loss plan has got to has some flexibility in it. I know you're frustrated but this is for life!! Sometimes there will be extra food involved :) You're okay! I know you'll be back on track in no time....we're ALL with you!! :) :) I'm excited about next week!!!!

If I forget anyone sorry - I'm barely awake! See you in the A.M.

susanne
12-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Crime Girl, I didnt think of you as harsh at all!....

I am glad you are done with papers! I am still in the final weeks of my semester and I have one course I am borderline flunking so I am hauling butt here studying.(nursing).. Stress eating is my down fall and I have a ways to go before I graduate! I had lost 65 pounds before I went back to school and then gained back 50 during the first 2 years of school... Now down 15 of that... I have to lose weight...I cannot stand being fat anymore!!!... I feel like I am missing so much of life!!... I LOVE clothes and cant fit into anything that I want to wear. I would love to date but feel horrible about myself at this weight. I know what 128 feels like and since I am a small frame, 128 was NOT thin!.

Michimish, how did you do today?

Grasshopper..."apparently affection"?...lol.. that calls for explanation...lol

Lets all try to behave around here..after all isnt Monday weigh in?? Thats like 48 hours isnt it? Remember... instead of eating..post, post, post ...chew gum...or I may go look at myself naked to remind me why I shouldnt have a cup of cocoa!!

ok.. I will pop on later..

Susanne

little grasshopper
12-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Hi! I found the cutest bear running on a treadmill cartoon but I can't figure out how to get it to post here. I'm working on it.

Susane - you did it before, you can do it again! I know what you mean though about wanting to be skinny again and being sick of this weight. I just bought a new set of scales because the old ones were flip flopping all over the place and the ones at work were saying I hadn't lost a pound. I'll find out tomorrow morning. I'm going to be so ticked if I haven't lost any weight at all! Usually you get a few water pounds at least!!

As for looking at yourself to see why you shouldn't cheat. Please remember that that body is all you've got. It is the vessel that takes you through life - to work and school and play. Love it! It may not look like what you want it to but it's still special!! Don't hate yourself - be proud of who you are and the fact that you can lose weight!! I hope that doesn't sound dorky. I really don't mean it to. It's just so easy to hate our bodies and that can easily turn to hating ourselves. We can't slip further down that path. We've gotta stay possitive as much as possible!! I believe we can all acheive our goals!! And now we've got each other to help :) :) I feel really good. (it does kinda feel like someone's holding a match on the wall of my tummy though - too much spice on the bass I think). better go!

Crime girl
12-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Hi everyone- I wasn't going to get on again tonight because I am having end of semester blues. I always get like this right after the semester ends- I think I work under stress for so long that when it finally goes away I go through this weird funk for a day or so..anyway, I feel better on that front. :)

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I think I needed to hear cheating is not the end of the world. I am going to get up tomorrow and exercise and eat right! :D I just hate that Sunday when I weigh in there is a good chance I won't lose weight now. Sigh! Also- my blasted scales fluxate between 5 and 7 lbs.- so yesterday I got on and was 280- today I got on (before I cheated) and it said that I weigh 286. Is this the scale or me? :shrug:

Ok- well...
Little grasshopper- I am with you that we have to love our bodies. (although this is asking a lot for me) so I don't think you are dorky at all! Also- you did a great job today!! :cp: and don't worry about your jeans- it will be OK- I promise.

Susanne- Thanks for being kind about my post- I reread and thought it was a bit harsh so... :o Anyway- hang in there with school!! You can do it! Just keep thinking about when the semester is over and you got through with losing your mind! :dizzy: I feel for you- nursing has got to be hard. So you should be proud of yourself - going to school is not easy! :D

Jazzmine- Hope you are feeling better! Drink lots of fluids!!

I am going to go! Thanks for all the support- You guys are really awesome!!
:cb: :flow1: :dancer: :flow2: :grouphug:

Cinisha1
12-04-2004, 01:35 AM
I'm so happy it's Friday :cp:I have to work tomorrow, but still :dancer: I am HAPPY. I had a long week but I do need the overtime. That's good most weekends when I'm off I usually check the fridge all day, so working will keep me busy for a while.
Little grasshopper-I'm a processing clerk at a bank. My job is crazy. All everyone talks about is what are we eating for dinner. But I'll be prepared next week I'm going to start bringing my dinner to work so I won't be so tempted to go across the street to Burger King.
KjK-"Happy Birthday to you" :balloons: and many more.
I'm right with you, I ate Okay :^: But next week is a brand new week and I'll be well prepared.
Okay, we all have different things were going through right now and it's stressful but we'll get through it. But we have to stay in control. We can do this. It's only food. We're all on the right track and I'm proud of everyone in here. I hope that everyone has a blessed weekend. And I'll post tomorrow.

susanne
12-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Good Morning my Losing-Weight Buddies!
I am sitting here eating my morning plate of egg beaters... gosh they are good! I have always LOVED scrambled eggs this garden veggie kind is SO GOOD!

This is study weekend, notoriously when I eat myself through every store within driving distance...lets all give me lots of motivation so I can frigging survive this test without gaining 10 pounds...please!?!??!

I gained 5 over the last exam....no kidding.

The store near me makes great garden salads. I have to get a book at the library so on the way back I will grab a couple of salads. If they are all made and ready to stuff into my anxious face...then hopefully I will pig out on salad and not the cookies and others things in the bakery aisle. My house now only contains cans of veggies, low cal soups, herbal tea and chicken. I figure if its not here I cant eat it.

Thanks for the wisdom Grasshopper! I have TONS of clothes from when I lost before. If I can get to 215, I have clothes galore! I had gotten to 200 and those clothes were getting big..then of course I gained and I can get then on but geez are they tight! Just getting back into those clothes will represent an accompishment of at least getting back to where I was!

Cinisha1...yes, I check the fridge too... I may win if I can keep only healthy food in there.

KJK Happy Birthday!!

Crime Girl..is it Sunday or Monday that is weigh in day? I was thinking Monday...thank goodness you are here to keep us straight! And its ok about cheating... it happens...its a fact of life... it will happen to all of us eventually... wasnt it Grasshopper who admited to eating a "brownie thing"?...oh yes but it sounded healthy, so that was good, we need healthy alternatives to fun food....but cheating is like a bad storm that overpowers us....it will happen and we have to forgive ourselves and get past it....But lets be strong people!! We have a goal here!....

Ok, I'm off to buy a bunch of salads to keep me from doing my usual " eat all the food on the planet" before a big exam.

Talk to you later!

oraki
12-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Happy Saturday everyone!!! I hope everyone's doing okay. Remember tomorrow's weigh in!! I'm ready. I'm pretty confident that I've lost something. I've reallly been sticking to my plan and exercising so I know my hard work will pay off. Plus it's almost time for me to take pics of myself. I've decided to take pics of myself once a month to see my progress. This is my first time doing this so it's motivating me to stay on track. I know everyone here can do it. I've just decided that it's not worth it anymore. Being healthy is too important to me now. Anything that I might having a craving for I've decided to find a healthier option for. No excuses. Well I'm headed to the grocery store now to pick up a few things. Our local Super Kmart has chicken breast on sale for .99 so I'm going to stock up on those. I also need to find a low calorie drink. Sometimes I get a little bored with water. Okay everyone keep up the good work. I know we can do this!!!!

kik Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!

crimegirl congrats on finishing your papers!! I know that was so stressful but you did it!!!! I don't think you were harsh. You were just telling the truth. I'll come back and post on yesterday's topic. I missed it.

jazzmine feel better okay?? :-)

little grasshopper I hope things are going better for you. :-)

Okay I gotta go. Hubby is FINALLY ready. He takes forever!!!!!

little grasshopper
12-04-2004, 01:02 PM
:) Hi guys!!!! Sounds like we're all pumped!

Susane - good luck studying!!!! You can do it. Smart Idea getting the salads and stocking the house with good stuff!! Clever girl :) :) You're doing great! That last exam was just that - LAST EXAM. It isn't this one!!!! We're here for you! And good luck on the exam!

Crime girl - you're done!! YEAH!!!!!! Feels wonderful huh! School seems like a blip on the radar now but when I was in the middle of it, well I gained 30 pounds and ate everything I saw. maybe I'm not a good example.....:(

Oraki - I like the picture idea. Then you have proof of your progress if you get down! You'll see just how great you're doing.

I went for my walk this morning. BF even joined me. Did everythng with me but the stretching. He's too "athletic" to stretch :) heehee! I feel great though and I was really happy he went with me.

I'm off to drum up some business and give money to doggies :) Wish me luck :)

Everyone hang in there :) We're doing so great!!!! This is the most encouraging group of people and I'm so glad you're here!! I really look forward to posting to see how you're all doing and I appreciate the support you're giving me - I've been scraping the bottom of the 1/2 gallong of icecream BF brought home last week, with out you guys!

Crime girl
12-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Thought I would hop on and see how everyone is doing today- it FINALLY hit me this morning that the semester is really over.

susanne- you my friend are an "egg beater freak" :lol: I am glad that you found something you love that is good for you. For your study weekend I have two suggestions- 1- make sure you have an alternative to eating for those times when you really get stressed with studying and get up for a few minutes to find something else to do for a few minutes. I am not sure if you are like me but I always get frustrated and then get up and go to the fridge. :^: 2- find something or plan something to reward yourself when you get done :D The garden salads are a great idea! Keep up the great work! ;)

oraki- you have done such a great job this week- :bravo: I think the pics are a great way to keep you on track.

little grasshopper- so good you got up and walked :cp: - even better w/bf. That kind of support can really help. Thanks for the encouragement!!

For me- I have been doing good today- I made some beef stew in my crock pot for later and have been vigorously cleaning my house. I am getting ready now to go for a walk.
To answer the confusion- Sunday is weigh in day-
for today why don't we look back at this week for things we did that were little "victories" - things we did right and challenges -like people with food and temptations we avoided.

For example- I didn't cave for doughnuts in my breakroom- Monday I didn't eat breakfast at McDonald's like I normally do.

susanne
12-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Crime Girl, My alternate activity is bubble baths..I use my junk food money to squander away on perfumed bubble bath! The other activity is coming here and whining at you all....lol...oh and remember I changed my starting weight to 239. That is according to my new scale and even though it doesnt match the gym or the doctors scale, it is the one I will be using. I know I lost as it was the week of AF. So I am sure I lost but it isnt all fat...thats ok it will give me a start.I can pretend its all fat...

Thanks Grasshopper! Wow, that sounds nice to have BF go with you.. someday I hope I can meet someone nice. Good job on getting out there!

Oraki, pictures sound like a great idea!

My victories??
1- working out nearly every day
2- no ice cream or pudding...(my downfalls!!)
3- buying only the correct food!!
4- posting here instead of snacking.

I will probably think of more later!

little grasshopper
12-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone. Back from being USED at the charity massage event today. The business that I was joining told me I could promote my own business, then when I got there told me I couldn't....that I could sign a contract with them and give them 50% of any massages I booked because of it. I was livid!!!! I didn't stay for the whole event but I did stay long enough to work on a friend that I lost track of when I left my old job. We haven't seen each other in years. Looks like she and her husband may become clients. So it wasn't a total loss but it still made me really mad to be used...so victory #1

1. not eating my way out of the mall after finding out what happened.
2. meeting all of my exercise goals...although one was a day late
3. not eating the icecream BF bought
4. eating on plan last night when we went out to eat.
5. almost fitting perfectly into the jeans I'm wearing tonight :) another week and it'll be perfect :)

Susane - bubble baths sound wonderful!! Keep that brain pumping :) You're almost through with the semester!! Nursing - good for you! My scariest exams were always the anatomy exams! I still don't know how I packed all that stuff in my head??

I may need to get a new scale - again. I can't read this one. The lines are too small..I have to squat down and i'm convinced it makes me heavier when I do :) I'm going to just break down and get one that's digital.

Well I'm off to the scary xmas party. eating now so I don't pig out there. cranberries (left over from thanksgiving). I will think of you all while I'm there :) keep me on track!! I want to post some good numbers tomorrow :)

little grasshopper
12-04-2004, 06:46 PM
I have one question...I'm built like a water mellon on tooth picks. this body, skinny legs and arms. I gain all my weight in my back, then my ribs and stomach. So WHY IS IT that when I lose weight - I lose it in my ARMS AND LEGS??????? Just makes me look like a bigger water mellon! :) :)

can't wait to loose some of the mellon :) :)

susanne
12-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Hey Everyone!
So far so good... only healthy food...though the call for ice cream with fudge topping is creeping in from the shadows...

Yes, Grasshopper, its weird the way we lose and where.. i seem to maintain my gut even as I lose. I got the digital to end the argument I have with the scale..with the digital the number is simply stated...no squinting, no figuring out is it on the line? next to the line? which line?....now I get a big red number...no debate...thats what I weigh...although this doesnt have the fraction...only the whole number...oh well..

off to study more!

Cinisha1
12-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Hi ladies. Had a great day. :) Even better when I come here to post. :^: Someone even told me I looked like I lost some weight. It feels so good to hear that even though I may not see it. But It made me smile. :^:
Susanne, right idea. I try to do the same thing, except, I have a ten year old boy in the house, and when I go shopping I can't buy all healthy food and no junk, so I trick myself and buy the stuff he likes so I won't be tempted to eat any of it. Keep some healthy snacks in the house in case you get bored of the veggies. And good job on your victories this week you did good girl. :cp:
Little grasshopper, I'm glad to hear you and your bf are getting along. It's nice to have someone special to share a walk with.
Good job all of you on your victories. I think we are all on the right track even with the minor slip ups. :bravo:

Okay my victories
-no chips (which are my favorite)
-no soda (which is my favorite, especially pepsi)
-no candy bars

redballoon
12-05-2004, 07:08 AM
Hi there people. Wondering if I can join you? I've just been so unmotivated lately and it looks like my usual thread is losing activity. . .not that I helped much there. My computer was down for a long time.

Life is extremely stressful now, or rather, it was, and I gained a lot of weight, turned a ton of muscle to flab, am utterly disgusted with myself, just want to and DO cry all the time. I need to try to get going again, take baby steps if necessary, big ones if I can (as I like to) but whatever happens, just keep going.

I'm not too sure what this thread is about but it just looks like people encouraging each other and sticking to the eating and exercise. I need that. Simple, active. Can I join? Tell me what I need to do. . .

susanne
12-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Thanks Cinisha!.. I agree with your plan as well.. when I lost weight before.. I bought the food the kids liked and I hated and it worked...gummy bears and fruit roll-ups never called me into the kitchen the way a good cookie does....or fudge...or pudding...

HI REDBALLOON!!...WELCOME!.. you did pick an active group here and we are new as well so dont feel like you are behind in getting to know people...we only met a week ago ... and I think all of us here are under stress from one situation or another. This thread isnt about anything in particular.. we are just blabbers who are determined to lose....

All that is required (I think) is to come on, whine and clap for each other...at least that is what I do....lol...Crime Girl is our wonderful leader and she gives us stuff to do and she's here a lot. Like yesterday we listed our weeks victories. That helps a lot initiate conversation. Today is a good day to join because its weigh in day...

Ok, my weight...Started at 239 (new scale) and today was 234!!!! YAY!!!!
ok...its kind of a cheat because it was the week of aunt flo... but hey the numbers
are down!!! Hail to Egg beaters and Salad!!!...ok I did eat chicken and other good things too.But my success of the week I blame egg beaters and the ready made salads that I can grab instead of something terrible for me. Today I am steaming root veggies...potatoe and winter squash.

How is everyone else doing?

little grasshopper
12-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi Redballoon - welcome aboard!!! If you're willing, we'll encourage you through the baby steps!! and some big ones too :) Susane summed us up pretty well....we do like to talk :) :) It's becoming the highlight of my day - to post here and see how everyone is doing! So welcome aboard!!

Susane - YEAH!!! :cb: :cb: :bravo: :cb: :cb: :cp: That much weight isn't all water!!!! You did great this week - that has to make you feel good!!!!!

I got on the scales this morning. I started at 150 - but have had a lot of scale confusion this week...so I'm sticking with the number for sheer morale boosting reasons :) Today I'm a solid 145!!!!! I would like to thank 6 miles of walking, soups, and salads, oh and you guys! :) :) I'm so excited for next week!!

I have to go figure out how to change my ticker thingie.... Susane - when is your exam??

stormy1
12-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Hi. I need some support. Something just woke me up the other day and made me realize that I need to gain some control in my life. I was trying on outfits in my closet for a party and nothing fit. I work full time and commute to school everyother weekend. I have a 7 hour drive to school and I have not been making healthy choices on the road. Between studying and working all of the time I have gained 40+ pounds. I have a month off for the holidays and I decided that it is time to make a change. So this past Wednesday I started my lifestyle change. Everyone is saying that this is the worst time of year to do it, with all the temptations around, but if I do not do it now I may just keep gaining. So with 40+ pounds to lose I would love to join you all in giving and receiving encouragement. THANKS!

oraki
12-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Morning all!!! Well I weighed in this morning at 271!!!! Yay!!!! That's a 7 pound loss!! I know some of it may be water weight but that's okay. I'm still so happy!!!

susanne Congrats on the 5 pound loss!!! yeah!!!!!! Doesn't matter if it's water weight or not, it's still a loss!!! Also how about low fat or fat free ice cream with some hersheys syrup?? I think the hersheys syrup is low fat.

Cinisha What a great idea!! I never thought about buying things that I don't like. Great tip. Thanks. Keep up the good work!!

redballon WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!! Just start eating healthier and post here. You can't imagine how much it has helped me posting here daily. It really helps keep me on track.

little grasshopper Congrats on the 5 pound loss!!!!! Keep it up!!! I'm going to try and figure out how to change my ticker too!!! lol

stormy1 WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!! I know what you mean about the holidays. It is a tough time. I messed up for Thanksgiving but it's not happening anymore. Make sure to post here daily and it will help so much!!!

Crime girl
12-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi all! I slept in so late this morning now that school is out...

Welcome red balloon and stormy- we are happy to have you in our group!! :D
There is no need to do anything but talk- we weigh in on Sundays so if you want to participate you can let me know your start weight or just how many pounds you want to lose. Wednesdays we talk about how food is going for the week- Thursdays is exercise and everyday I try to pose a question to everyone. ;)

Congradulations everyone!! :cp: :cp: :cp: :cb: :bravo: You guys have lost so much weight this week and I am really proud of you all. Great job and keep it up!
:D :D :D

As for me -I woke up this morning with a surprised monthly visitor and the mean scales say I have gained a pound! :mad: I think they are lying and come next Sunday I will prove them wrong. I am thinking the pound is water from TOM. I hope so- well that will mean more weight loss next week, right?

Okay- I have new numbers for you guys! I can't quit smiling I am so happy you guys are doing so well!! :D ;)

I will be on more later and check in- I will also put the question for tomorrow up- if you guys ever have one you want used PM me and I will put it on a day. :)
Hang in there Susanne- semester is almost over
Cinisha- I know- it feels so good when someone notices! Sometimes it gets easy to think you are the only one that can tell but that is not true. :cool:

Okay my friends! I am going to go eat my bowl of bran- need to start my day and get my bootie moving. I am making a pledge on here today that I will begin walking everyday starting today so later I will post how i did today..

Have a wonderful day today!!

Crime girl
12-05-2004, 12:12 PM
I almost forgot- anyone heard from Jazzmine??
I hope she is feeling better and will be back with us soon!

susanne
12-05-2004, 12:30 PM
YEAH! GRASSHOPPER!!!Ok, I am following your example. I think I will just bring my notes to the gym and plant myself on a treadmill and read notes there. I need to keep moving and the winter weather is going to start getting in my path. I want a ticker thingy,,,how do I get one? ,,I cant even figure out how to change fonts and stuff.

Welcome Stormy!! ..who are these people who say this isnt a good time to lose weight. Tell them the best time to lose is before all the complications of obesity set in...lol... To lose we have to learn how to say "NO!" to the food we all love and crave. It doesnt have to be holiday time for me to spot food I want....lol...WECOME!!!

Oraki...HUGS TO YOU GIRL!!! YAY!!! 7 pounds is wonderful!! YOU GO GIRL!! I am so excited for you... Gee, you guys make me feel like I cant slouch... now I feel condemned to doing this for another week..lol..I am staying in the house and away from stores that sell food. I am armed with salads, soup and such.. Pre-test anxiety means I will eat the entire carton of fat free ice cream...and I believe at that point the fat free part of the equation is lost on the extended calorie consumption..not to mention polishing off the fudge...and then of course.. who ever heard of eating fudge without whipped cream?....nope... I best keep myself emprisoned with my salads til I get past the wednesday exam...lol

Thank you to everyone for being a captive audience to my whining through this weekend. Posting instead of snacking is really helpful....

Ill be back later when I need to fight of the urge to go buy cookies...

susanne
12-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Crime Gril, I can gain up to 3 pounds when the monthy thing comes.. so dont feel bad, you probably lost a few if you only showing a gain of 1. YES! Go walk! I did aerobics this morning after I was sure the landlady down stairs left for church. I dont want to know if her dining room chandelier is swinging while I jump around my living room. Tomorrow I will walk on the treadmill at the gym.

stormy1
12-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Crime girl, my weight is 179 (well I have lost two pounds of water since Wednesday) and I would like to get down to 135.

stormy1
12-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Sussanne,
I know what you mean about pre-test anxiety. School is one of the reasons why my weight is where it is at. School=increased stress=increased eating. I am so tired of making up excuses for my weight...but school has contributed.

What type of diet or lifestyle change are people following in this group?

redballoon
12-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Everyone, thanks for all the kind welcomes! Oh, it's what I need. An active thread and lots of encouragement. I am so in the dumps these days and that's not like me. But I'm beaten down and I think I'm getting sick, which would explain the depression. I'm usually not that bad.

I'm a bit hesitant to weigh in as I've lost a lot of muscle and haven't been exercising much. Also, I want to put muscle back on and now this will wreak havoc with the numbers. Maybe if I give you measurements along with the weight. How about that? Can I do that? I tend to get extremely hung up on the scale and it works against me. Even when I know I'm losing inches I get discouraged when I see the numbers on the scale go up or stay the same and then I eat! What a waste! What a waist! Waist, where might that be, my dear?!

Well, I weigh in kilograms and think I'm somewhere in the 70s, probably somewhere in the 160 lb range. Not sure, will get back to you with the stats. :)

susanne -- thanks for your big welcome. Ok, I can whine and I can clap :cp: so let's just hope I can get my ever-expanding butt in here often enough to post. Congrats on your 5-lb loss! :dancer: Don't belittle it. A loss is a loss and take it anyway and anytime you can get it!! It sounds like you're doing great with your food as well. This is where I've been really failing and normally I am something of a health nut. Continue to inspire me!

little grasshopper -- hello and thank you too! please, please encourage me. I am a big baby these days, maybe always was. I need talk and more of it. Looks like you and I are about the same in weight. I used to be solid, now it's all jiggly. Oh yuck! Well, back to work on this wonderful bod. 6 miles of walking, good for you! :sunny: Did you figure out the ticker thing?

stormy -- WELCOME!! :wave: I just started here too. Wow, what a commute!?!! How do you do that? No wonder you've put on weight. Work and then more work is so stressful. I am under horrible stress as well so find solace in knowing you're not alone if you can.

It's easy to eat well and exercise when you've got loads of time (well, not for everyone) but add stress and well. . .kiss it goodbye unless you can really dig down deep to that tough stuff you're made of. Remember how diamonds are made! Me too, 40 pounds gone would make me very happy. Let's work on this together.

oraki -- thanks for the welcome and :bravo: on your 7-pound loss. Go girl! Great stuff. Water looks like fat! Don't pooh-pooh it. Yes, BE happy! You're a success. :cb:

crime girl -- Hello, thanks for the welcome and thanks for this great thread. It looks like you've got a great bunch of people here and this is very hard to find this time of year when most people wimp out and just indulge until the New Year.

Yes, don't worry about the scale this week. Little fluctuations don't mean much. It's the big picture that matters.

Looking forward to your question. I'm a day ahead of most of you I guess (unless we've got some Aussies here) so don't mind me if I get confused or confusing with days.

little grasshopper
12-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone!! Aren't we a great group :)

Red Balloon - I know what you mean about all the good stuff turning flabby. I remember the first time I realized I couldn't get into yoga position - not because I wasn't limber enough, but because I had a fat roll in the way!! That didn't stop me from eating though!! The program that I am on is an allergy diet decided by my doctor. It is meant to control chronic pain and prevent arthritis and help with hypoglycemia, but don't let that make you think I'm really sick. I guess I do have those diagnosis, but I don't look or feel that sick at all. I eat mostly organic meats and veggies, nuts (except peanuts), seeds, and pears - OH and I can have brown rice "anything" so I can have the icecream and cookies and stuff like that without it doing too much damage to the nervous system. A side effect of the diet is that you drop any weight that isn't healthy for your frame. In addition to that I'm in the beginning of a marathon training program. I had to start at the beginning of it (lots of walking) because of the pain thing. I want to make sure my body is ready for the stresses of long runs. I tend to over do where exercise is concerned....this plan is helping me keep it in check and keeping me excited because I always want to be doing more. I do weight training and yoga too. but only about 20 minutes a day of each. That will become more formal as the marathon training progresses. I use to be an extremely active black belt. I trained 3 hours a night - it was my life and I had the body to prove it. (no life though). In the spirit of all or nothing behavior I somehow stopped training and started eating instead. Don't know if I'll pick up martial arts again or not....anyway, long story short..there's my plan. So far so good. As I progress health wise, I'll get more foods back - my body won't be sensitive to it. I can almost eat oats :) :) Man, that's huge!!! I'm hanging in there for eggs :)

Well this is already a book. I'd better try again later :) See you guys soon.

little grasshopper
12-05-2004, 07:55 PM
howdy!

Stormy1 - I got you confused with Redballon and told her my whole "weightloss plan" saga....sorry - to both of you :) 2 pounds of ANY weight loss is great news....after all you'd be peaved if it was a 2 pound gain, wouldn't you :) Congratulations!!!! I didn't figure out the ticker thingy - I have to try again. It's at tickerfactory.com though. I guess it's okay to put that in a post...everyone sees to have them.

susanne - congratulations :) :) hang in there - you're almost at the end of the semester and you're doing a great job staying clear of the tempting foods. Have you planned a non food reward for after the semester?? You should!! Crime girl - you should too!!! Rewards are great and you've definately earned them!!!!

Well I'd better go. I didn't get my walk in today. I was unusually sleepy all day. Took a 3 1/2 hour nap - not like me at all. We did tons of grocery shopping though and I managed to buy all organic foods that will touch my mouth this week :) We'll see - that's EXPENSIVE! Doing the best I can. Talk to you guys soon!!

redballoon
12-05-2004, 08:03 PM
oh grasshopper, don't say that! I enjoyed being talked to so much!! Besides, it's all for everyone if it's on here, isn't it. I don't stop reading after I see someone's name. You and I sound like we have a lot in common. I'm a vegetarian so tend to overdo the carbs. Tell me about overdoing the exercise! When I'm in form, I just go and go. . . . Now, that I'm out of form, I keep going in the wrong direction!!!

Well, gotta run to work now but will write more later.

stormy1
12-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Grasshopper,
Wow it is wonderful that you are training for a marathons, especially if you do have arthritis. I used to run track but my knees do not allow me to run anymore. I would love to train for a marathon if my knees could handle it. I started taking Glucosamine about two months ago and it is helping my knees. If I could drop this weight maybe I could start running again. It has been about 12 years since I have ran! Anyway, congrats!

Crime girl
12-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Hey everybody!
Sorry I havent been on much today but I have been having a hard time with TOM today- I am bloated and I feel sick to my stomache. I did manage to walk today- not as far as I would have liked but it is a start. :D

I am going to make this short because I am not feeling too well-
red balloon- whatever works for you is fine with me- you dont have to tell your weight at all if you think it will sabotage you. You can just give me inches and progress- that is fine. ;) And don't worry about trying to keep up with the days- I always post the night before what the next day is so you will know what is what. I am glad you decided to join us. :D

Little grasshopper- - It is so great that you were a smart shopper and the organic route will make you so healthy and strong for marathon running. You have to keep us posted how it is going.

stormy-- I am on the diabetic pyramid- I was recently diagnosed and am trying to start just eating healthy which is a big change from my norm. Are you still in school? You are so right that school=stress. :) Also- so glad you decided to join us too! :D

Thanks for the kind words from everyone about my weight- I know my TOM will cause me to gain a little but it still hurts when the scale is so mean to me. :mad: I am going to be SO motivated this week though to prove the scale wrong. :coffee:

For tomorrow- lets do: if I knew I was going to be stuck on an island and could only take 3 things what would they be?? can be people or objects. :dizzy:

Well this is longer than I thought it would be- you guys make me feel better!
I will try to get on later!
Have a wonderful night everyone and keep up the great work!!

little grasshopper
12-05-2004, 08:22 PM
stormy - good luck with the knees and running! I should warn - I just started training :) It's easy right now. I just walk a lot. But I use to love running. Never ran this much, but I need a goal and a hard date to reach it to be most effective in anything, so this seems like a good plan. I'm going to try to do 5K's and stuff to keep motivated and get use to running with groups. (plus they give you t-shirts:) )
One word of caution!! Becareful with your knees. Taking Glucosamine is wonderful to help with pain but it can do it's job too well sometimes. Since the pain will be better, use things like strength, flexibility and new popping to tell you if you're knees are okay...if anything like that changes - come off the supps and see how the knees are doing. Pain can keep you from further injuring yourself, but at the same time, as long as your smart and attentive, there is no reason you can't do the things you want to and enjoy the fact that the supps help with the pain!!! I just don't want you to think the knees are good and further injure them. :)

okay, I've gotta go fix my ticker thingy....looks like I'm writing in secret code so you won't know my real weight :)

Crime girl
12-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Oh yeah- One more thing- I am going to move this to Battle of the Bulge #2 since we are in our 2nd week and our thread is getting so long!
So- stop posting here and look for Battle of the Bulge #2..
Thanks!