South Beach Diet - Curves for Women

View Full Version : Curves for Women

foxykitty
11-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you beach girls go to Curves. I have been thinking about joining and trying to get some exercise into my life. I would love to hear your thoughts about joining. Thanks in advance.
Foxykitty

a broad abroad
11-26-2004, 02:59 AM
It seems like there was a discussion about this on the beach recently but I can't find it now. If you go to the top of the page and do a search for 'curves' you will get all the threads that mention curves. I have seen several discussions in all forums about that subject, though, so there will be a lot of results. Here is one:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48228&highlight=Curves

fireflynova
11-26-2004, 09:35 AM
I tried a free workout at Curves and wasn't impressed.. It didn't get my heart rate up high enough, and I didn't even break a sweat while I was there. I benefited more from going to my gym and doing cardio and weight training. Perhaps its different for everyone.

sarahyu
11-26-2004, 09:42 AM
I've heard others talk about it on other forums-different web site.

What I've heard is that it's great if you really out of shape and/or overweight, if you are in half way decent shape the work out is not very challenging. Then again, that's just what I've heard.

Don't they have an introductory membership that you can check it out for not very much money? Or am I thinking of somehting else?

Sarah

MarineTubaMom
11-26-2004, 11:08 AM
I know the one here offers you a free trial but I can't recall if it is one day, a week, or 2 weeks, etc. I was going to join, too, but some of the girls I work with were saying how after a few months, it doesn't do as much or feel as challenging, so they go to regular gyms now.

I'm fortunate that we have a small weight room in our apt complex that I can utilize, so I ended up not joining Curves.

I think it would have benefited me as I have a lot to lose, but when it comes to my budget, free is so much better to me than paying. LOL

foxykitty
11-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the response. Based on their hours and what feedback I have gotten, I think I need some other source of exercise. Thanks for your feedback. This forum is terrific.

Mamacita
11-27-2004, 09:51 AM
I don't go to Curves, but I go to a place with a similar concept called Contours Express. I love it! Gives me a good workout (I'm really out of shape), it's close to work and the hours are good for me and it's not crowded. No flatbellies and no guys, either which is a definite plus!

Mamacita