Old 11-23-2004, 07:50 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #295 TUESDAY

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:05 AM   #2  
Sherry

Goodmorning girls! My goodness, its's been a long time since I've been on! I miss checking in! I've just been so busy w/the kids school and we're having Thanksgiving here at my house this yr. so I've been shopping for that. I don't even know what's going on w/you all. so I thought I'd make it a pt. this mng to check in before my workout. I have to get it in early because I have to be at school for Taylors teachers conference at 10:15am. So I'm going to have my coffee and go up and get this in. I hope everyone is well! We're much better here. Taylor is up and running and my laringitis has finally gone away after 2 weeks! That's better than last yr. I had it for 3 weeks!

Ok, I'll check back this afternoon!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:09 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Tuesday Morning

Good morning ladies. So sorry I wasn't around yesterday. It was just a really busy day. We were without water for more than 24 hours, I had been washing dishes with bucketed water from next door, warmed on the stove and such. We still don't have our own, but we're borrowing from fil. We've got a hose hooked up at his place and ran to our well. So we do have some now. I think the well guy will have our's fixed if there is a break in the rain today. There wasn't yesterday and is suppose to rain most of today and tonight.

So in the rain, we had to go to Walmart to get diapers and the stuff to cook for Thanksgiving, it was soooooooooo crowded, I had to clean my mom's house since I didn't on Friday and I had to do some laundry over there. On top of having NO choice but to school. So it was just crazy around here. I started to have some stomach pains last night thinking I was doing too much, so after everything was done, I was able to rest up.

Congrats to all you losers. Right around the holidays...that is great.

Hello to all you Desperate Housewives. Hope everyone had a great night and continues to have a great day.

I'll be around today, the only thing I'm hoping is to go get my haircut this afternoon, but dh said he'd make NO special plans to be here to watch the kids, so I'm just gonna make the appt. and hope he's here and I'm just gonna go. We'll see. All the kids hair is cut and I'll cut dh's hair today or tomorrow so it's only me left and it's been 4 months or so. I wanted to get it done before Thanksgiving. Anyways, we'll school and I'll nap and I'll make stew for dinner so hopefully I can fit that into it too.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:56 AM   #4  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning!
I stayed up way to late for me and ended up getting a junky night's sleep. You know I have to admit I'm whipped I couldn't get my new siggy from Michelle on my sig/edit. Can one of you tell me how to do it? If my children were at home now, they could have figured if out already! A sign of old age.

Crystal- OOOh! I thought you might over do it. Take it easy a little today. I hope that you get your haircut in today and it looks nice. Running water is a great thing! One we take for granted. I hope you get yours back soon!!

Sherri- hi! You sound busy! Hope you have a great day today!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Roxy, to use your siggie follow these steps:
Right click the image and select save as, and save it to your computer.
Then you'll need to upload it to an image server, I use photobucket, they have free accounts along with pay accounts.
Once you have it uploaded to the image server it will give you 3 codes you will want to use the img code just copy and paste the whole thing into your signature box in the user cp.

Sherry I'm glad your laringitis is better, also way to go on the workout!!

Crystal, does your hubby have the day off? I would be absolutely furious with my husband if he wouldn't watch the girls so I could get a haircut or go out and do whatever. I wish my hubby had the day off today but he works like 70 hours a week during the holidays

Kristin and Jill, I had such a blast last night!! It was good talking to you both!! Kristin remember we should start looking in to getting govt. grants to start Baby Goth Inc. LOL those tiny dog collars and gothic clothes and boots will just be adorable, and remember we need to find a black hair dye that is safe for children!!

Okay speaking of children mine need some breakfast. I'll bbl!!

Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:06 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Morning!

Hi Out there

Still no word from the cancer warriors.... Maybe I'm a criminal ..

Michelle,
So where are you volunteering at tomorrow??

Roxy,
Hope you get your siggy done soon! It is too cute!

Crystal,
Wish I could come watch the kiddos for you Sorry you didn't have any water Did a line get cut or something with the house building?

Sher,
Let us know how the conference goes! Glad your larnigitis is gone!!!

Well I need to get my butt up and boot scoot and boogie...lol

We are doing a float in the Xmas parade this weekend so I need to start working on it! TTYL
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:29 AM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all, checking in before we start school.

Michelle, dh doesn't work right now. Pretty much. This was Saturday when he told me this, he didn't have any plans but was going to do something with a friend and help him do something. He just doesn't see the importance of a haircut for a woman. Of course I was mad, but I have to plan sitters for my kids even if it's him. I have to see if he's available when I need to do something. Most of the time I take them with me. I could take the girls, they'd be fine, but I can't take Andrew while I'm getting a haircut. And now dh woke up feeling like crap so I'm only asking for a fight if I ask him today. But I'm still going to schedule a haircut and hope he's here because I'm just gonna say I'm going to get my haircut be back shortly. Who knows if it will work out that way or not.

Penny, no line was cut. Something happened with a part of the pump on our well and the well guy couldn't believe it happened he said he's never had that happen. Our warranty would be up next Monday, can you believe that? Thankfully, it's covered and he's here now trying to fix it.

Roxy, I do plan on taking it somewhat easy today. I've got three loads of laundry to do and one is going in the dryer now. Other than my basic daily stuff I'll be taking it easy.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:45 AM   #8  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! I am doing afly by........gotta get to the store, and run a few errands before picking Sydney from Pre-school. Had a blast last night with Jill and Michelle and yes Michelle, we should see about the grants and loans and such. Also I was thinking that we could create our own line of 'saying t-shirts" you know like...... take black little onsie and wite on it " I'm only wearing this until they find something darker" !!!! LOL! okay, well I need to get off here and get my pants out the door! Penny, it took about a week to get mine, it just takes a lot, there are so many registering is what Christina told me. She can't keep up !!! Be patient! You will get one !! As sad as it is, you will. Wouldn't that be wonderful, to find out that there are too many voluteers and not enough children with cancer! ?!?!?! Well ladies, have a wodnerful day, gonna try and get here while dd is napping! hugs to all my ladies!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #9  

Morning all...well I suppose its almost afternoon now..the day is getting away from me again..time to make another pot oh coffee me thinks. Its raining here....so were having a bit of an indoor day...which is great by me...I have enough ot do around here thats fro sure. My daughter woke up with a really congested chest so we cancelled her group again today. I am sure the leader is wondering what the heck is up with our family...lol..one of the great things about homeschooling, you dont wanna go out in the rain, you dont hafta...
so the plans is to catch up on some housework..the kids are pretty much done their school day...woot woot...
I need to work on some knitting, I have three blankets to finish in a month sounds like fun. We made our family wine yesterday fro christmas..we go back in 4 weeks to pick it up...woot woot..

TALK later...
p.s. does anyone else gain pounds during AF?
Phoenix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #10  

Penny lol I volunteered to work at my job you silly girl. I figured the time and a half would be nice and pluss my boss was going to have to work all day so I told her I would take 7 hours of it for her. No biggie We're usually done with dinner by 4pm anyway.

Crystal so sorry about youer well, that sucks!!

Phoenix

okay I must go I need to get the house picked up because I'm putting together teh xmas tree today, yesterday we got the house decorated outside and the fireplace mantle we just have to finish up and get the tree done now Well I'll be back in a bit!!
Love to all!!
Michelle
Old 11-23-2004, 12:03 PM   #11  

omg Kristin I love the saying for the shirt!! We really must add those to our baby Goth line!!
Old 11-23-2004, 12:11 PM   #12  
I'm a homeschool mama

Okay, well is fixed. So I'm gonna get caught up on all the laundry today.
We're schooling and I'm hungry, gonna go snack. TTYL
Old 11-23-2004, 12:23 PM   #13  

Good morning ladies! May I please join your group? I have read some of your posts and you seem like such a nice group of motivated and supportive people. Exactly what I need. It would be so wonderful to talk to other SAHM's. I'm the only one with little babies around here, all my friends with kids work outside of the home. Leaves me feeling rather alone.

My name is Misty, I'm 27. I live in rural PA just south of New York State. My in laws run a dairy farm and we live next door to the barn and across the road from thier house. DH and I just celebrated our 4th anniversary. We have two babies: Audrianna (aka AJ), 18 months and Ben, 3 months. We also live with two dogs, two cats and two horses (two 2 year old stallions with big atitudes to be exact).

I was working on losing wieght after I had AJ, and found out I was pregnant again when she was just 8 months old. That threw me into tail spin, but now that he's here I wouldn't give Ben away for anything. I only gained 14 pounds while pregnant and had lost all but 5 of that when I left the hospital, two weeks later I was below my prepreg. weight. I figured things were going so well for me I'd jump right back in (not everyone has two babies in less than two years and comes out weighing less). Since the begining of September I've lost 16.5 pounds. I'd like to see 199 by Christmas (I have 8.5 to go). I am doing a combination of what I learned in WW when I went right before I got pregnant with Ben and Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Solution. I was nursing but I just can't keep up with Ben. That's made it difficult to know just how many points I need, b/c I had to suplement. I now nurse at night and use formula during the day and do the non nursing points.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and sharing this weightloss journey with friends.

~Misty
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 02:24 PM   #14  
I'm a homeschool mama

Misty, I'm Crystal, 27 yo sahm of Alisa 6, Ally 3, and Andrew will be 2 next Wednesday. I'm expecting little Allison Feb. 1st. I'd say mine are still little, lol. I live in Texas and homeschool my oldest in first grade. I'm so glad you found us and you will definitely find new friends, a great group of ladies, all the support and motivation you need to accomplish more than weight loss.
Sounds like you're a busy mama, but who isn't, right?
Hope you like us here and stick around.

We're done with school and wow, it's raining like CRAZY today, so glad I'm staying home. I couldn't get into get my haircut until tomorrow and that may work out better anyways.
We're having lunch and then I've got laundry to put away and I'm gonna get my stew started for dinner.
Hope everyone's day is going well. TTYL
Old 11-23-2004, 02:50 PM   #15  

Crystal thanks for the warm welcome Bummer about the weather there, but I guess it's good you don't have to go out in it afterall.

I'm stuck here at my computer for awhile. I'm in the midst of preparing some activities and projects for tomarrow, so while the kiddos are sleeping I'm hanging out here at my desk.

My parents adopted 4 kids with special needs (ages 12, 11, 10, 8). They started out as foster kids. They are a huge handful and my mom can't leave them with anybody except for me when they aren't in school. The older 3 are all in special education classrooms, and the youngest doesn't have the learning disabilities, she has emotional and social difficulties, but she is able to be in mainstream classes and is doing very well there. Since they have the day off from school tomarrow I am driving the hour to thier house to babysit all day. When I have them all day I find it best to come up with projects and games to keep them busy. Good thing I used to be a speech teacher, I can employ all my ideas from then!! When you add in my two I will have 6 to take care of tomarrow . We have lots of fun though and my brothers and sisters are great with my kids.

After that I have to sort through Ben's clothes. He's growing so fast!! DD is 18 months and still wears size 12 months and has some 6-9 months pants. Ben has been is 3-6 months stuff for a couple weeks and he turned 3 months today. A nieghbors gave me a HUGE box of baby clothes so I nee dto sort through that today. Hopfully between getting ready for tomarrow and sorting clothes I will be too busy to think about the cookies I made for a playdate we had last weekend, they've been calling to me all day. So far I haven't had any.

Well my printer is finally finished with the last page of the Turkey Hats we're making tomarrow, so I better get going. Have a great day!!! I might be back tonight, but I won't be on tomarrow until late evening.

~Misty
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote