Old 11-22-2004, 10:26 AM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up Weekly Move Yer Kaboose Thread 11/22 - 11/28

Hello, sports fans! Well, I'm (with gratitude) robbing this wonderful thread idea from elsewhere on the site. It seemed to me that it would be a good idea to have a weekly thread here within our group devoted to exercise check-in; my thought is that it will help us to keep ourselves accountable for getting in some daily exercise, help us to motivate one another, and just plain be interesting since we like each other and are interested in how it's going for one another!

So, if you want to participate, just log in and give a quick post with an update on what you accomplished in the way of daily exercise! Doesn't have to be a big, long-winded explanation -- just the quick and the dirty, unless you have more to say!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 05:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Sun - Went shopping. ( so some walking)

Mon Tues - WATP - 3 Miles (Lost my Pedometer so I have no ideal if I made my goal of 10,000 Steps.)
I want that Body SOF 15 min. Program #1 Abs.
I also plan on lifting 5lbs weights while I watch T.V. tonight.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 05:41 PM   #3  

LOL Sorry Just Monday. I'm getting ahead of myself.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:44 PM   #4  

Monday-2 mile Watp
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:07 PM   #5  
I climb mountains!

Hey, Mez -- I did an I Want That Body workout tonight too! I did the Arms portion, and also biked 7 miles in 25 minutes.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

1 hour deep water aerobics
2 mile WATP
20 min. stretching (at 9:30 pm)

Last edited by Sheila53; 11-23-2004 at 05:16 PM.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 04:48 PM   #7  

WATP - 3 mile
Arms and Abs 2 - 40 minutes (full tape)

Sarah - What did you think of the Arms Portion of I want that body? I wasn't sure if my form was right on the Abs Portion #1 . But I tell you I sure felt them later that night. I LOVED THAT!! I really like that they have the work outs broken down into 15 minutes. It takes away the "I don't have time" excuses and I felt I got a really good workout.
Sarah you are so darn awesome you work so hard. I only hope to be able to get 1/2 as good as you with my workouts!
Old 11-23-2004, 05:17 PM   #8  

20 min. stretching
2 mile WATP tape
biceps and triceps
another 2 mile WATP tape
Old 11-23-2004, 10:16 PM   #9  

Monday:

Walking: 4 miles
Upperbody with Nautilus: 30 minutes
Elliptical: 30 minutes total with 24 minutes of that being HIIT. Two weeks ago it was taking me 12 minutes to do a mile. I am glad to report that I can do a mile in less than 10 minutes. Never before did I think that I could really get into shape. But results like that don't lie and I can see positively that I am improving over time. I just find that amazing coming from someone who could not even walk a mile or so without feeling totally exhausted when I started this journey. Also, when I started HIIT, I was doing a minute of fast and then had to take 2 minutes to recover. Now I can do a minute of fast and only have to wait a minute and a half for the recover. I hope within the next two weeks I will have it down to 1 min. fast, 1 min. recover, etc.

As for today. I am still sick and have been for over a week now. Today was the worst day so far. I stayed on the couch most of the day. I could not muster up any energy to go the gym. My husband knows I am really sick if I am not pestering for him to go the gym with me. I hope that this passes soon. It is more annoying than anything. I don't like anything to come in between me and my exercise routine.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:35 PM   #10  

Sheila deep water aerobics sounds like alot of fun. I wonder if they offer something like that in my area.

Tammy I hope you feel better. You doing an great job with your workouts!!
Old 11-23-2004, 11:46 PM   #11  
I climb mountains!

Tonight I did the 1-mile WATP and then Kathy Smith's Great Buns and Thighs Step Workout. I still can't do the whole thing with the arms, so I just delete the arms and try to hang through the rest of it......it's TOUGH for a step newbie!! Definitely a good workout though, and I like the variety.

Mez, you are ALWAYS so sweet to me..... :grouphug I swear, you just boost me up at all the right times, my friend! I liked both Arms routines on I Want That Body, but so far that's all I've done. I'm afraid of the abs! You're a better woman than I, I'll say that! I'll get to it eventually...obviously I'm just prolonging the inevitable. I also have Kathy Smith's Lose Weights to Lose Weight, and I'm using that one weekly also. (I do have a CrossBow but only work out with it now like a couple of times a month, so my goal is to get going with these short workouts on tape/DVD, and then hopefully I'll feel more motivated to do the longer CrossBow routines. And Mez, I think you do GREAT on your workouts! You inspire me too! I'm proud of you, my little Mezster.

Tammy, your progress is AWESOME, and I'm really proud of YOU, too! I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling poorly, but I think you did the right thing in taking it easy today. sometimes it's great to exercise through the sickness -- but not when you're just without any energy. Good job listening to your body, and you'll just jump right back on that elliptical soon enough. Hope you feel better very soon!
Old 11-24-2004, 06:12 PM   #12  

WATP - 3 Miles
I planned on doing more but my husband came home early from work. So I'm going to try fit a workout tape before I go to bed.

Sarah, you are such a wonderful person you're always so nice and helpful to everyone. How could anyone be nothing but sweet to you! As far as my workouts. I love to workout my abs. I'm not very strong so the arm workouts are what I'm afraid of. I can't do pushups. Humm I see a goal here. That is something for me to work for. Thanks Sarah You just helped me again.
I've heard great things about the Crossbow. I'm going to wait til the 1st of the year and see what kind of workout equiment they have on sale. I was so close to buying Elliptical it was an awesome buy and it had about everything on it. Plus it rode real smooth. Somehow my husband talked me out of it. Oh well the store still carries it so I'm sure it will go on sale again. Thanks for your kind words on my workout.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:52 PM   #13  

Wednesday:

Walking: 2 miles
lowerbody with Nautilus: 30 minutes
Elliptical: 30 minutes total. 10 of that HIIT. I just could not get any further with HIIT tonight. I was really tired to begin with. I am feeling better, but I am still working on getting my strength back. I forced myself to go to the gym today as I knew that tomorrow I won't exactly be eating on-plan. My gym is open tomorrow til noon. I will be going. Gotta love having a marine base close. Those people are 100% about fitness and the gym is open on the holiday.

You all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 01:08 PM   #14  
I climb mountains!

Thanksgiving morning, I did the 1-mile WATP.......no time for more before driving 6 1/2 hours to Long Island, then back again the same day!
Old 11-26-2004, 02:16 PM   #15  

Wednesday

1 hr. shallow water aerobics
20 min. stretching

Thursday

45 min. high intensity aerobics (annual Turkey Day Stomp at the Y)
20 min. stretching

Today

1 hour deep water aerobics
20 min. stretching
2 mile WATP