Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-21-2004, 04:24 PM   #1  

Red face pregnancy, exercise, and going to Curves for women?

Hi, I'm new to this but I needed some answers before I work out too much and hurt my baby...
I am about 4-5 weeks pregnant, and I want to know how many days a week I should be going to Curves? I usually exercise anywhere from 2-5 days a week pre-pregnancy, so what is a good ratio for me to go now?? Keep in mind that I also stock groceries third shift full-time for a living... I am 5 ft 4 inches tall and I weigh 170 now... I've lost 45 pounds snice last October, and this puts a strian on my weight loss. PLease help!

Holly
daddysgir16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:47 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Hi, Holly! This is definitely a question for you OB/GYN. You mentioned this puts a strain on your weight loss. Your weight loss days are over for the next 8-9 months.
You can certainly get activity and eat right and gain an appropriate amount of weight.
I know many women that started a healthy lifestyle when pregnant and actually weighed a few pounds less after delivery. Just please don't focus on weight loss right now. Look over guidelines of what you should be eating while pregnant, stick to those, and get your doctor's advice on how much to exercise. They don't want you to gain an unnecessary amount, either so he/she will keep you on the right track.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote