Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #90

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #90

gma22
11-21-2004, 08:23 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
11-21-2004, 08:42 AM
SUNDAY: today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is, Was there anything you wanted for Christmas as a child that you never got?

Morning girls.

Thought I better FYI you today. There will be no topics all next week and no pts etc. I will not be back until Sunday night so everyone will have to hang on until I get back!

MsCat: It was nice to see your post!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have been trying to get stuff done for the trip. Got the upstairs all cleaned last night and am doing the downstairs today. (I know, what noodlehead cleans house and then leaves it, right? Well, what if someone comes in while we are not home? :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Did most of the baking yesterday and will finish it up today and pack sometime tonight I guess. We pick up the van tomorrow.

As for the poll, there were two dolls I desperately wanted as a kid and never got, a Thumbalina and Chatty Cathy. My next door neighbor was almost like an only child as she was the only girl and had at the time one little brother. She was spoiled, a brat and would do things to hurt you. She was also in my grade and I had to put up with her all the time. She was one of those kids who was a spiteful little thing and never got over it though I now have the last laugh as she is this old maid and I have this adorable husband and family. Anyway, she found out one year I wanted the Chatty Cathy and demanded her parents buy it for her like the day after Christmas when she found out I didn't get one (I heard her mother tell my mother I think) This woman is the same one, that stood around at my 25th class reunion and talked about how fat I was behind my back and I sneeked up behind her and caught her at it! Funny thing, she was a fat child and became a fat adult (she is at least 75 lbs overweight)and even has this brain disease that she had surgery on and takes meds for life now and still hasn't become a nicer person. My two sisters and I made a special trip down to where her parents live, stood in line at the funeral home for an hour and a half when her mom died, and she was barely civil to us. Really really sad to be that icky and has to be really unhappy don't you think?

You ladies all have a great day and if I can't get back in here have a wonderful:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING :grouphug:

Faye ;)

Satine
11-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Morning All ... I too may not be able to get on here much this week so I want you to all have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy it...you can set aside a diet for a great Thanksgiving meal with your family...or at least that is how I feel...

Julie - Congrats on the loss, great job, keep it up...this week may be harder to do that, but good luck !!!

Faye - Have fun with your family !!! :) :)

MSCAT - Good to hear from you!!

Amanda - Hope you get to feeling better, I know how you can get down about it...hope you feel better soon !!

I was down another pound last week to 193 but still not where I was at 188, oh well 5 more pounds and I am there... :)

Have a great week and Thanksgiving with your families!!!!

Mirabelly
11-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Morning ladies,
Sounds like we're all going to be super busy this week. I had 4 point days all weekend! Without really trying, even.....this cold has totally taken away my appetite, and I think my stomach is shrinking because of it....YAY!!

I'm not cooking T'day this year, we're visiting friends....so that should really help with the weight thing. I won't have a weeks worth of leftovers to eat. I am doing some sugary baking for Xmas gifts, but I'm determined to get it all done in one weekend and then pack away the flour, sugar and sprinkles until just before the 25th. Then I'll bring them back out and bake cookies with my babies.

Speaking of babies.....my oldest dd, 10 years old, just got her first TOM :eek: :eek: She was very calm and collected about the whole thing. But all I can keep thinking is "great, now I'm officially old enough to be a grandmother!!" :lol:

Carrie--congrats on the pound down! Keep up the great work.

MSCat--sorry to hear about your troubles....just keep on shimmying and things will get better :D

Amanda--Hope you're feeling sunnier now!

Faye--Have a great trip! We'll see you when you get back.

Everyone else...have a great day!

TTFN<
Julie

Mirabelly
11-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Morning Ladies,
I know everyone's busy, but I want to keep this thread on the front page. So, just let me say....4 points yesterday :bravo: for me!

Hope you're all doing well. Drink some water early on Thursday to help keep you feeling full. Use a smaller plate....then the seconds and thirds on mashed potatoes won't add up to as much :lol:

TTFN,
Julie

Mirabelly
11-24-2004, 09:08 AM
Hellooooooo in here.............

Just bumping us up to the top for the day.

Hope everyone is well.
Julie

gigglez
11-24-2004, 01:02 PM
Hello everyone.

I know that everyone is off to enjoy their time with friends and family but just wanted to check in seeing how I am now back into the land of the living.

Mirabelly
11-25-2004, 10:20 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

Eat Drink Be Merry....Enjoy your friends and families. And remember, this is NOT the last turkey dinner you'll ever enjoy. There will be others....so don't stuff yourself until you feel sick. Save some turkey for sandwiches tomorrow!

I am so thankful for each and every one of you!

TTFN,
Julie

Mirabelly
11-27-2004, 02:30 PM
"One is the loneliest number that you'll ever dooo......"

Just bumping us back up to the first page so you all can find us when you get back to real life.....

Hope everyone's having a great holiday.
Julie

gigglez
11-27-2004, 02:42 PM
I guess that everybody is still gone. Didn't go overboard so that is good. Just checking in and saying HI!

gma22
11-28-2004, 08:56 PM
Hello sweeties, I am back home safe and sound and POOOOOOPPPEEED! Bumper to bumper traffic on the interstate for 8 hours UGH!

I just wanted to let you know I am back home and will post in the morning. My baby (cat) had a tough time of it. I guess he wouldn't come downstairs Thanksgiving day when my dd and grandson came over and last night he was crying when she was here. When I got home he just meowed his little heart out and I got things around sat down and he jumped up and cuddled in my lap like you would hold a baby. I always feel so bad when I leave him but we were afraid he wouldn't travel well. Fortune is still at the kennel and a-ok.

Well, nighty night and see you in the morning

Faye :)

gma22
11-29-2004, 09:28 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is to commit to take one of our three components (food, water, exercise) and commit this week to be 100% with it. That does not mean we shouldn't be racking up 4 pters, but if you find one is harder than the other 2, commit to do it every day this week!

Don't have time to gab right now. I have tons of stuff to put away and laundry and all. We were so wiped out we did nothing last night.

Talk to you later

gma22
11-29-2004, 04:00 PM
I don't know where everyone is today, but just wanted to pop back in and check to see that everyone is doing well.

Everyone have a great day!

gigglez
11-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Methinks that everyone is still under the spell of turkey. Faye sounds like that this mission is very doable. As for me today I just couldn't seem to get anything right. Tomorrow is another day. Checking in sleep is calling so check in later.

gma22
11-30-2004, 07:33 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is emotional eating. Let's work hard this week not to emotionally eat by replacing it with something else.

Well, the site won't let me bold and color our target this week so hope you don't miss it! I will be in later. Grandson is coming early this am while mom is at the dentist.

Faye

Phoenix_walker
11-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Hello
WHat a great thread and group! I hope that its not to late o join in?
For yesterdays mission...I am going to be completly dedicated this week to my water intake.

As for emotinal eating, I am really bad for this, and its a HUGGGEE challenge for me everyday. BBL to post an intro and all that jazz :coffee:
Phoenix

gma22
11-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Phoenix: Welcome to the group. This is a great group of ladies and I think if you are serious about losing weight, you will certainly enjoy it here. Though we socialize, it is not our main function. I run the thread completely and just want you to know to join right in. The first post of each thread tells what we do here and includes challenges etc for the quarter. Again, please come often and join in our discussions and work here.

Mirabelly
11-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Good Morning everyone!

WELCOME Phoenix....you'll love our little group here. :coffee:

Like everyone, I ate way too much this weekend. Mostly after Thursday, though , when we had company. Oh well. I wasn't fooling myself into thinking I wouldn't eat. I think I gained a pound or two, but not worried about it.

I just put away the last of the baking goodies. I made Christmas yummies for presents, and they are all boxed and ready to be mailed. So, I put away the leftover fixings so we won't be tempted to just eat a handful of choc. chips or sprinkles. Believe me, if it's there....we'll eat it! :lol: I'll bring them back out again just before Christmas for a cookie marathon. and then hopefully they'll be gone.

For this week's mission, I"m going to concentrate on exercise. That's the hardest thing for me! Especially with this cold still hanging on. I had dance class last night and today I'll be moving boxes and stuff in our attic. We finally got the sheetrock done, so now it's ready to be transformed into a craft/sewing room. Just have to get everything sorted and moved out of the way so we can lay down some carpet.

Is Carrie moved yet?? I forget when she closed on her house. I'll bet she's busy as can be!

Faye, glad you had a good trip. Did your house survive without you there to clean it? ;)

Gotta fly, but I'll check back later.

Julie

gigglez
11-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Welcome Phoenix! Welcome back Julie. Baked goodies there is no way that I could do that without eating lots of goodies!

Ok girls, I need lots of help right now. I have been on a binge for about 3 days and I an sick and tired of it! I am trying to figure out what triggers me to start these nasty binges, so far no luck. Guess one thing that is contriubting to it is lack of sleep. Sleep is my friend or I wish that it was.

I have vowed to make tomorrow the first day of getting a grip on all of my troubles. Wish me luck. Going to get a move on getting ready to get in the bed. Sweet dreams girls.

sandy

gma22
12-01-2004, 06:39 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What can we help you with?

check in later girls

Faye ;)

Sandybrat
12-01-2004, 09:58 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!! It was a looooooooong week last week... but a very nice thanksgiving... and i was good about eating... yeah!! Welcome Phoenix... this a wonderful group here. Ive been alright on points ... fighting a nasty cough and cold... i can feel it in my chest...yuck... so i have vicks on and lots of tea and hot stuff. I hope all is well with everyone.. i wil check back later lovelies...
Sandy

Mirabelly
12-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Morning everyone

I got 2 points yesterday for water and exercise. I was so depressed yesterday, and then I went for a walk cuz of this week's mission and me promising to be 100% on exercise...and I felt so much better! I did go overboard on pasta, though. It was the only thing we had in the house to eat, and so I ate it. Gotta go shopping this morning.

Sandy, I'm right there with you on the no sleep thing. This experiment of waking up at 4:30 to write thing has done wonders for my writing, but my body is rebelling! I know it's why I got sick and it's why I've been overeating lately. 6 hours with a nap in the afternoon just doesn't cut it. Today I woke up at 5:30 and wrote almost the same amount as if I'd been up an hour earlier. I also went to bed earlier....and I feel human today! Imagine that... I have to remember that I'm NOT a full-time author, much as I want to be. I'm a full time mom, a full time housekeeper, a part time dance teacher....and THEN whatever's left of me is a part time author. And dh is bummed cuz I'm "not interested" in the things we used to do together...I DON"T HAVE THE FREAKIN" TIME!!!!!! :dizzy:

Anyway, gonna keep on with the exercise and getting at least 7.5 hours of sleep (though I work best on 9)...hopefully, that will keep me sane and on track during the holidays. HEY, the sunny thought is that I have all my Christmas packages ready to mail today!!! After that, all I have to do is a little shopping for the family. Woo hooooo...........

Okay, gotta get to the store before I pick up Ben.

TTFN,
Julie

gigglez
12-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Afternoon ladies!

Welcome back Sandy. Sorry to hear that you are under the weather. It seems that there is so much of that going around lately.

Woes today are none! Yeah! As for exerciseing or anything today I am alone at home today and am using this time to rest something that my body needs.

Everyone have a great day....check in later.

gma22
12-02-2004, 07:13 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Be sure and take time out for you today!

POINTS FOR WEDNESDAY:

Julie :dancer:

SandyB: Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you get to feeling tim top soon.

AMANDA, CARRI AND THE REST, WHERE ARE YOU AND ARE YOU GUSY DOING OK?????

Sandybrat
12-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Morning beautifuls... still feeling yuck.. but the medicine is doing its thing so thats a good thing... just need to get some more rest today... and thats my plan.. bed after i get the kids off... the cough is less but i am just wiped out... Its so good to be back here... i really miss u guys when i cant post of be here to read...lol I hope u all have a great day... take care of u...
Sandy

Mirabelly
12-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi everybody!

I'm not doing so well on the eating today...went to McD's for lunch....but I also have to haul 4 rolls of carpeting upstairs and lay out a 20' x 24' room! So I think I'll burn off some of it.

Means I'm 4 days into a 100% week for exercise! Woo hoooo......4 points yesterday.

Sandy, sounds like you have the same cold I had. It took me more than a week of concentrated REST and lots of liquids to get over it. I do feel better now though.

TTFN,
Julie

gigglez
12-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Evening chickies!

Sandy, sorry to hear that you are still under the weather. I know that a few weeks ago I was out for about a week. I would only concentrate on rest and that is about it. I don't know which is worse to be sick and can't move or to be worked to death and can't move. It all sucks in the end.

Julie, I think that all the work that you are going to be doing I really wouldn't worry about the lunch at micky d's. Wish that I had the engery to do work like that.

Today has been so so but it is getting better each and every day. I have finally delt with lots of issues that was bothering me so now things are looking up. With these things happening I am confident that I will be 100% on track soon.

Gotta run things to do.

sandy

gma22
12-03-2004, 06:34 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Do we have any losers this week?

POINTS FOR THURSDAY:

Julie :bravo:

Julie: Great job with the exercise! You keep it up.

FYI: ONLY 3 1/2 WEEKS TO END THE QUARTERLY CHALLENGE SO LET'S WORK HARD!

later girls

Amanda Panda
12-03-2004, 01:46 PM
Hi Friends,

I'm just popping in to say 'hello' - I'm having a break from this group (and 3FC in general) - I'm just trying to take a step back from the constant pressure i am putting on myself. I love you ladies, but I do not want to talk about weight, diet and exercise for a while!

It has actually helped me to take a step back for a bit - I haven't had a takeaway pizza for 2 weeks (which is a real achievement for me!). I'm hoping that I will have broken the 'addiction' soon - I'm certainly not craving it as strongly as I was.

I've been really struggling with depression over the past month or so, but I've been trying to keep busy by doing voluntary work 2 or 3 days a week. I've also started to see that counsellor I mentioned earlier. I really like her! I'm paying to see her once a fortnight, but my GP is making a referral and I will be able to see her for free after the new year (thank God for the NHS!) . I've had one introduction session with her, and it felt really good to talk to someone about how much I am struggling. We talked about my overeating and she has asked me to write down everything I eat and how I feel before and after. I am finding this harder than I thought it would be - trying to work out what I am actually feeling. I don't know if I am doing it right, but I suppose there is no right and wrong in this sort of thing is there? I feel really positive about seeing this counsellor - we can't really afford it at all at the moment, what with Christmas, but I put my foot down and said to Nigel ' I NEED TO DO THIS NOW!' and he understood. He did say that all he wants for Christmas is for me to be happy!

Anyway, I won't be around much for a while. I 'll probably be back after Christmas as I intend to start a serious diet in the new year.

I'll pop back to wish you guys seasons greetings and all that jazz!

All the best, friends,

Love Amanda x

gma22
12-04-2004, 06:54 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Anything you want to share with us?

Amanda: You may not see this but it needs to be said. You must take care of what is going on health wise with you first then you can feel comfortable concentrating on losing weight. A huge part of losing weight is what goes on in our head so hopefully the counselor can help you with that. Try hard for now just to maintain a good eating routine and exercising to keep the weight steady so you won't backtrack. Good luck to you, sweety.

Hope all the rest of you are going to have a great weekend. I will talk to you again soon!

Mirabelly
12-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Morning everyone!

Sunny thought for today....there's a couple inches of snow on the ground, the sun is shining, and it finally is starting to feel like Christmas! Yaaay! Oh, and I HAVE ALL MY PACKAGES MAILED!!!! That's like a miracle for me

I didn't get any formal exercise in yesterday....really just went shopping for a while and then picked up the kids and stayed home snuggled by the fire while it snowed outside. But tonight I'm putting on a holiday party for my dancers, and I'll be dancing in the show....so I'll get lots of exercise to burn off the goodies we'll have at the party.

I'm having a lot of parties this year...another one in 2 weeks. If I come out of this season without gaining, I'm going to claim it a victory! Really....I think I'm going to just concentrate on working out every day. THe food this time of year is difficult, but the exercise is the most important thing for me. I'm feeling renewed vigor for the whole "getting fit" thing, and getting really bored with the "trying to stay on a diet" thing. So we'll see what happens, eh?

AManda--It's great to hear from you, sweetie! I'm glad you are getting things sorted out in your head. Depression is a tough thing to beat on your own. Don't worry, you'll be back on track soon....and you have a wedding to plan, don't you? Focus on the cheery thoughts and remember you can always come here to talk, if you want. Doesn't even have to be about weight loss. We're here for you.

Sandy and Sandy--hope you gals are having a great weekend!
Carrie--hope your move is going smoothly and you'll be back with us soon!

Everyone else--Have a great weekend!

TTFN,
Julie

gigglez
12-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Morning all!

Amanda, I agree with Faye and Julie you need to take care of you first and foremost. I know that there are times when this is hard to do but if you don't you are only headed for more troubles later on down the road. I have been there for a little while now and have recently gotten everything sorted out and am able for the first time in over a year able to take time to focus on "ME". Let me tell you that it does feel strange but wonderful at the same time.

Julie, party on girl. There is only one party that I have to attend and I have to close on that night so I wont have to fool with it. I do enjoy the parties and all but a small part of me knows how over the top that some of them are and that is what makes me glad. I agree with the focus on exercise. I love the way that I feel when I get to get my workouts. I use to constantly kick myself in the rear if I didn't get to workout, now I just go with the flow. I know that there will be days that I will not be able to get it in for one reason or another and now that is alright with me.

Sunny thought.........Tomorrow my best friend and I will be taking our boys out for a day date with mommy. We have planned to take them out for lunch, a movie, and then they are going to get a small amount of money and they have to buy the other a small gift. I know just seeing their eyes light up will be priceless. Everyone try to have a great day!

sandy

gma22
12-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Afternoon ladies! Sounds like everyone is getting in the spirit of things for Christmas. I am dragging my stuff out to put up tomorrow. First time since the cat was a kitten and he tore the tree apart so we will see. No front claws now so hopefully he won't be able to climb up it like he did! :lol:

WANT A GREAT MOVIE FOR CHRISTMAS TO TAKE YOUR KIDS TO THAT IS FUNNY AND SWEET: CHRISTMAS WITH THE KRANKS. We saw it this afternoon and it is a great movie. Put me right in the spirit for Christmas.

Sandy: Sounds like you guys are gonna have a great time so have lots of fun!

Julie: We got to Indiana a week ago with nothing and the next morning got about 8 inches of heavy wet snow. We didn't have winter coats and no boots etc so we just suffered. It was pretty but I don't miss it anymore. Hope you have fun in the snow with the kids!

My sunny thought is this: You are the best thing about you. Sound nuts, maybe, but there is no one as great as yourself and YOU have the power to make the difference in your life so let's make that difference and make our selves better this coming year. I would like the majority of us to say we are at goal by Dec 31 of 2005 so let's commit ourselves to that lofty goal!

Love to you all

Faye ;)

gma22
12-05-2004, 08:34 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is, If you could any car of any type, what would you like to own?

Morning girls! It is cool here this Am and I am going to be putting up my Christmas tree etc this morning. Since there are no kids here anymore, it is not as much fun. My dd especially loved doing it and decorates her home for every holiday now. It is mainly a pain to me to drag all the stuff out and put it back when no one sees it, but I promised my grandson to have it all up by the time he came here for me to sit again so I am going to do it.

Hope everyone is keeping warm and enjoying their time with their families. I will be back in and check later.

gigglez
12-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Toyota Camery not built in Georgetown, 5speed, sunroof,

gma22
12-06-2004, 07:28 AM
MONDAY: today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is to review everything we are doing, see where our weaknesses are and work to correct them.

I am giving us all a little slack because of holidays and such, but we must get serious soon and of course I point at myself first. This thread was once alive and vibrant and hard working and I pretty much blame myself for it kind of falling down because I am surely not giving you much of an example. We all need to sort out our priorities when it comes to our weight loss and what we want to do with it next year. Every one of you except me, can probably be at goal by the end of the year.

I will peek in later and see who has been here

Satine
12-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Hi all !! Yes I have been MIA because of the move...we finally got everything done and closed on last Tuesday and was moving all last week, it has been crazy, and so has my eating..not so much gorging myself as just eating the wrong thing, I have probably put on a couple of pounds but I have also been working my butt off carrying in heavy items and carrying all sorts of things upstairs so it might not be as bad as I think...I am worried about this month, Dec is always bad for me, too much tempation around...I figure if I put on 5 or so I will just have to work extra hard in January, probably not a smart thing to do but who knows ... Christmas is a hard time to diet...

I am sorry that I have missed too much to do individual replies but I hope you are all doing well and I will get back in here soon!!!

gma22
12-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Thought you could all you some Christmas cheer and encouragment to get those decorations up and going so here goes:

Carri: I bet you are thrilled to be in your new house! Congratulations!

It is pretty wet here, but I think I may get out with the dog for a walk anyway before it starts raining again. I, who you know rarely skips exercise, have let it go by the wayside along with everything else, but I am committed to getting back to basics and start this process rolling again. We are going to buy a treadmill so we have something indoors to use this winter since it looks like it will be pretty rainy. I can deal with snowy weather, but can't combat rain or icy stuff. Looks like we are going to be mild but really wet this year UGH!

Notice the variables when it comes to Christmas stockings. The two on the left and right are the kids and in-laws and the middle is Thomas's! :lol:

Have a great day ladies!

Faye ;)

gigglez
12-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Evening ladies.

I agree about Christmas being a hard time to diet. Yesterday I started on doing pilaties(yes again!). Unfortantly today there isn't going to be exercise. Sick once again. I am going to ask Santa to bring me a new immune system for Christmas.

gma22
12-07-2004, 07:20 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is goal setting. I think we have dropped the ball with this and to be successful we MUST set goals for ourselves. Let's commit to setting a goal for February 1st for each of us!

Morning ladies. Ok, my goal for Feruary 1st is 25 lbs. A little lofty but I need to get back to where I was as I am bigtime in the hole.

I will peek in later.

SandyG: take care of yourself and feel better

mscat816
12-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Been MIA again - usual busy week. Chaos at work, evening commitments, and a weekend in Ohio with my family in Houston which was outstanding. We met to attend my daughter's final performance in the Yuletide Feaste. There were 17 in our party and she had a solo part. She gets her BA in December from Kent State but will remain for one more semester to complete her chorale commitment as a post grad.

I too am working on exercise and sleep - diet and water are difficult for me at this time for various reasons. I did 4-15 minute :tread: workouts and taught 2 dance classes last week :cheer: and felt great. Today I started out the week with an 18 minute mile and I am committed to do that everyday. Now that the sunroom is almost done (one last contractor snafu to be completed tonight) I am going to move the treadmill in there so I can watch the news during my workout.

My February 1st goal - break the 200's!!!!

Welcome Phoenix - you are truly an inspiration - from the 300's to the 170's :bravo:

Faye - I appreciate your honesty about your responsibilities as a leader - but you are the best and most extraordinary leader for this group. It is through your trials that we see that no one is perfect, this takes work and commitment, and we must keep on. You move, touch and inspire me everyday just by your commitment to share with us every single day your resolve and commitment to your life and ours. :thanks:

Have a great day :wave: mscat

gigglez
12-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Ok, here goes. As for the Feb first goal I am shooting for 20lb down. I am going with the attitude that this may not be a doable amount but I am giving it my all.

Mscat, I think that we all understand what you are going thru with the hollidays. I know that you can't wait to get your sunroom finished I bet that it will be your gift from Santa...so to speak.

Feeling a little better but not 100%. Going to go and get more rest. Take care everyone.

sandy

gma22
12-08-2004, 07:25 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Complaints heard here!!!!

I got 2 pts yesterday and am working my way back to being 4pt everyday. Had too many cal yesterday but will work hard again today to rectify that.

later girls

Mirabelly
12-08-2004, 09:47 AM
Morning all!

SNOW DAY!!! Or should I say, ICE DAY.......no school, everybody just chillin'. Chocolate Chip cookies for breakfast :dizzy: Well, not really...nice big bowl of apples and steel cut oats, with a side of choc chip cookie.

Sorry I haven't been posting...been in a major black pit of depression the past 3 or 4 days....marital problems and lack of sunlight and lack of money at Christmas time. You know, the usual holiday woes. Anyhoo...dh and I worked things out and after some great make-up "stair climbing", I'm feeling better.

I NEED to exercise, lifting weights specifically. Gonna go clean out the rest of the garage so I can get to all the gym equipment that's out there. Not sure if I'll leave it there or bring it inside for the winter (after Christmas, of course...there's no room with a big tree and all).

And hey! I only have 11 more scenes to finish on my book...that's just a little over 10,000 words. Which means, if I stick with it I can finish before Christmas! Which was a serious goal for the fall.....if I can get this accomplished I will feel so much better about my other goals.

Sandy, take care of yourself! Get lots of fluids and Vit. C

Faye, I agree with Cat....you shouldn't blame our lax-itude on yourself. We are all responsible only for ourselves! And you are a shining example of how to keep on keepin' on, even when we've backslid a bit.

Speaking of backsliding.....sheesh, I've been cramming sugar through this whole depression thing. I knew I was doing it, and a couple of times I made myself stop. BUt I'm back up to 210...GRRRRRRRRRRR................ SO, Feb. 1st goal...195. Recommitting myself right now. We can totally do this!

I think I'll force myself into a little holiday spirit and do some decorating today. I just haven't felt like it lately. But the kids won't be denied much longer! :lol:

TTFN,
Julie

Satine
12-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Morning All

Julie - That icy snow day home sounds great, enjoy!!

My woe is this..we are having to give away our little westie dog that we have had for 3 years, since we moved we can no longer come home for lunch and he is all alone for 10 hours - then we come home and if we want to go anywhere he is alone again - with our new hard word floors I have him in his cage so he is caged up that long as well, it is not fair to him and I found a nice lady who has another westie who is willing to take him ... my dh is greatly sad over this and I think he is blaming me ... I feel like the most horrible person in the world and I am getting pretty depressed...yes eating is not doing real well right now...sorry I cannot be more upbeat, but most of you know how attached you can get to a dog...

Well I hope you all have a great day...

gma22
12-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Boy this sounds like the pit thread and we need to do something about that!

Julie: Glad a little stair climbing helped the situation! :lol: Keep warm today and stay away from those darn cookies!

Carri: oooh sweety I know how hard it must be to give your doggie away. Fortune is like one of my babies as is Butterscotch. Just know he is going to a good home and you can always go and visit him.

We need to stick out chins out and get this stuff going again. I am on line for a 4 pt day, yahoo! I am tubby tubby tubby probably back to about 340 for gosh sakes. Maybe not that much but I am over 330 and totally disgusted. I am however past my caffeine headache. I let myself drink regular soda like an imbecile. I know I get addicted to that crap. We also were given chocolate covered nuts for Christmas so I felt compelled to eat that junk too, but threw it ALLLLLLL out this morning.

Gotta run and put a check in the bank before getting Jack and our bank is across town!

Everyone have a great day and stay tough!!!!!!

gma22
12-09-2004, 07:44 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Take some time for you today!

4 pts yesterday YAHOOOOOO!

Check back in later

Mirabelly
12-09-2004, 08:33 AM
WOOOHOOOOOOOO For Faye.....Great job on your 4 pts!! :cp: :cp:

Okay, I got the big goose egg for points yesterday....BUT today I'm GOING to have 4 points. Really. I'm throwing out the damn leftover baking stuff, cuz I'm just eating it and I'll have to buy more to do the kid's goodies anyway. I can either buy it with a clear conscience or a guilty one. I didn't even get in exercise yesterday, cuz I had to cancel my dance class due to icy roads.

Carrie, I hope the hurt goes away quickly. I still miss my sheep, over a year after we had to give them up! I never was a dog person, but I understand the sadness.

MsCat...hey, it's nice to see you back!

I managed to get most of the decorating done yesterday. We'll get our tree on Sat. and then that will all be done. I'm having a huge party here next weekend and I have tons of cooking to do. Need to work on making HEALTHY snacks and stuff. Fortunately, we're doing a potluck dinner...so I don't have to make too much of any one thing.

Speaking of snacks....here's an idea you all might like. I love onion dip with veggies, but didn't like all the calories in the sour cream version. So, I blended up the onion soup mix with LF cottage cheese and a tiny bit of milk. It was so tasty! And it was actually good for me....lots of protein. Any way, that's definitely on the menu for next weekend.

Well, gotta go scrape an inch of ice off my windshield. THe defroster has been on for about a half hour, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Have a great day everyone!

Julie

gma22
12-09-2004, 07:29 PM
It is certainly quiet around here anymore. I think we are all struggling with our programs and even our lives. We need to remember that our friendship here with each other keeps us uplifted and we really need that. I know I do!

Faye :bravo:

Don't let dispondency get you down. It is truly important to keep your head up and keep going as best you can. I have been struggling for months now with this menopause stuff and I have to admit I was almost to the point of giving up but after gaining those lbs, I know I NEVER want to go back where I was and am trying hard to again gain control over my eating, which is my big problem.

Everyone take care and remember I am ALWAYS here for you day or night! PM me, e-mail me, snail mail, whatever I will help in whatever way I can!

gma22
12-10-2004, 07:19 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #91