Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 01:06 AM   #1  
I graduated!

Default Phase II Meal Planning

I joined the SBD web site and it has this area about planning your own meals for phase II... I thought I would share the info since it's amazingly useful (IMHO)

BREAKFAST

Protein: Quantity is not limited.
Vegetables: Minimum 1/2 cup.
Fruit: 1 fruit serving allowed daily (with this meal or other). Gradually increase to 3 total servings for the day.
Starch: 1 starch serving allowed daily (with this meal or other). Gradually increase to 2 or 3 total servings for the day.
Milk/Dairy: 2 cups allowed daily (including yogurt)
Fat: 1 tsp mayonnaise or oil (optional)

LUNCH

Protein: quantity is not limited
Vegetables: minimum 2 cups
fruit: (see breakfast info)
starch: (see breakfast info)
milk/dairy: (see breakfast)
fat: 1 tbsp mayonaise or oil

Dinner

Protein: quantity is not limited
Vegetables: minimum 2 cups
(all the rest the same too)

Sancks and Dessert: optional. Choose a protein, vegetable, fat-free plain yogurt, artificially sweetened non-fat flavored yogurt, nuts/seeds, or a Sweet Treat.

Drinks: Diet, decaffeinated, sugar-free drinks are not limited. You can enjoy caffeinated coffee or diet sodas with caffeine added, but limit to 1 - 2 servings per day.

I hope this is helpful...

Old 07-13-2004, 08:52 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Exclamation How to Start Phase II

Day One of Phase 2
From the Daily Dish, July 13, 2004

So you've made it successfully through Phase 1—now what? Proceed with caution as you begin Phase 2. Moving too quickly can cause cravings to return or weight loss to stall. Here are some tips on how to reintroduce carbs.

Start Small. Choose one carbohydrate—like a piece of fruit or a slice of whole-grain bread—and add it to one daily meal for one week. If after one week you're still losing weight and are free of cravings, then you can move on and begin adding more carbs. If your progress stalls, try a new carb until you find one that works.

Start With Something You've Missed. Dieters typically complain about missing their breakfast cereals the most when beginning The South Beach Diet™. If your cereal means a lot to you, try reintroducing that first, but make sure it's made with whole grains.

Expect Changes. The rapid weight loss associated with Phase 1 will not and should not continue into Phase 2. One to two pounds of weight loss per week is a healthy and achievable goal once you begin adding carbs back into your diet.
Closed Thread