100 lb. Club - My Progress

View Full Version : My Progress

tkdkathy
11-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Hi, everyone. I have been reading here a lot, trying to see where I fit in. I just wanted to report on how I am doing so far. I have been faithfully writing everything I eat down in my new food journal. I can't explain it, but I just think I am going to succeed. My next step will be to evaluate what I am eating. I know I have made a lot of progress over the last several months---as far as eating in a healthier way---but still have a ways to go. I have cut way down on sugar and fat, but not as far as I want to. You might remember I have been basically maintaining for the last several months, but recently lost 1 and a half pounds :). I have been exercising and reading The Thin Books. I think weighing every two weeks will be what I settle on---every week doesn't work, and longer than 2 weeks is too long, I think, for me. I am slowly working out my own way to do this. Thank you so much for the support. I just wanted to report on my progress. :comp:

barbygirl43
11-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Sounds like you are doing well and have a great mindset. I too have been going to the every other week weighing. Hopefully the scales won't call my name too bad and have me give in!!!

tkdkathy
11-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks, Dawnyal,

I just wanted to post my progress and be accountable. I thought it might help me to stay motivated and keep going. Good to know someone else does the every other week weighing. Have a good week this coming week!

dowsx4
11-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Making your own thing is a great! I think it helps to stay on program when the program is taylored for you. Great progress and I look forward to hearing more!

tkdkathy
11-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Thank you, Julie,

Just seeing a post from someone like you who has been so successful is so inspiring. How did you get to your goal? Maybe I can look back through some past posts to see how you did it. Thanks and I wish you continued success. :)

Annie-Rose
11-20-2004, 02:15 PM
You are doing great Kathy.

tkdkathy
11-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Thanks, Annie :).

Annie-Rose
11-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Kathy, who wrote the thin books as somebody else has recommended them? Do you find them helpful? Thanks Annie

tkdkathy
11-20-2004, 08:28 PM
Annie,

The Thin Books is actually one book by Jeane Eddy Westin. My copy is one I have had for awhile. The first part talks a lot about how to go about losing weight, and the second part is thoughts, or things to focus on for each day of the year. I really like them (it). Very commonsense and positive. I think the author does a good job at presenting solutions to a lot of issues about eating. It is definitely worth checking out. There is a lot in there about improving how you feel about yourself, which I can definitely use help with!

Annie-Rose
11-21-2004, 04:52 AM
Thanks Kathy, I'm going to get it!