Old 11-17-2004, 07:35 AM   #1  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default Desperate Housewives (Formerly Stay At Home Moms) #289~Wednesday~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 07:39 AM   #2  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning.....I think!

I've been up for over an hour and a half. Dh got up to go deer hunting and I got up to make coffee. With only an hour left to sleep didn't see much point in crawling back in bed.

Another busy day here! Dd has school, scouts after school, dh has to work.....again! But he's supposed to get a 4 day weekend, so we'll see. He will know tonight if he has to pull any OT over the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!! I'll check back later.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:08 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Wednesday Morning

Hi all. Hope you all slept well. I slept okay. Went to bed at 1100, Ally woke up to potty at 100, Andrew woke up at 230 and not long after that wanted me to lay with him. So I fell asleep in there and didn't wake up until about 630. So I didn't sleep comfortably. I'm staying home today, so hopefully I can work in a nap.

Deana, glad you had some nice quiet time this morning, that's why I like to get up early. Hope dh doesn't have to work OT this weekend.

Ginny, so glad you were able to pop in. I'm feeling fine. So far I'm still quite a bit under my weight gain from my previous pregnancies and that's my goal. I gained 40 with Alisa, 39 with Ally, and 50 with Andrew. So far I've gained 20 pounds.

Spryng, sorry you've been staying so tired. Do you think things will settle down after all this training? How long is the traning? Hope you get some time with us soon. And some for yourself, lol?

Morning to Mel, Michelle, Amy, Chris, Jill, Jaymi, Angel, Steph, Sherry, Jeniqua, Geri, Ricci, Penny and all you other Desperate Housewives. Hope you all have a great day.

Okay, I'm staying home today. Got some phone calls to make, school to do and I'll make dinner since these past few days it's been skimpy because I've been busy. And I almost forgot, today is my dad's Birthday. Yeah, he's 52. I'll have to call him later too.
I'll check back later and I hope you all have a great start to the day.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:33 AM   #4  

Morning all !!!!! just checking in!

Crystal, I'm sure you are getting increasingly uncomfortable. I hope you get some better rest soon.

Deana, Hi there, I'm so happy you are seeing losses on your end. I can't wait for us all to be skinny, or at least healthy weight. We don't have to be model thin, only feel good right>>???

Anyway, no gym today. I know tomorrow's going to be tough getting back into it. I am on call to pick up a friend, so I can't go to the gym now. That's ok, I have to go, because I have training tomorrow. I'll try to check in later.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:39 AM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning ladies!

My day starting a little later than usual. The school called and told us that school was an hour later because of the heavy fog. Last night at midnight when DH came home you couldn't see the garage (75ft away) it was so heavy he said it was like driving in a blizzard, he could only go 30 mph. Glad there weren't any deer in his path!

Deana- Wow! You shrinking woman! That is so great!
Are you going to put those inches lost on your siggy? You should, you've earn them my evil sister! Hope your DH gets a deer, one less on the road.
In MN we have 1.2 million in our state alone! There are so many all the time on the along side of the road.

Crystal- how's the house coming? Is it getting to the fun part yet? Picking out colors, fixtures, decorating? When do you guess it will be done? Before the baby comes (I hope). Hope you have a good school day and get your snoozer in.

Michelle- Are you feeling better today? Lungs still hurt? I'm glad you got your warrior, that is so awesome! All the comforting things you are planning already for the whole family. I already have my angel, Christopher Murtha, he
is my dear friend's little guy. He was diagnosed with non-hodgkins Lymphoma
(longer name I can't remember). They've been Chemo-meds-spinal chemo., all those good and bad days for two long years since he was sick at 2 yrs old.
He is in remission now, he is just off his meds I think last week and will have his port removed 11-28. They are having a party! He's a real cutie pie and runs and plays like all the other children now. BTW- the parents are incredible, I can't even imagine how they endured. I Like your siggy too. I hopeless about that kind of stuff. I think I'll see what my DS#1 can do for me and get me in the spirit of things!

Jill- Hope your appraisal went okay. Hey! Now you have a superclean house!
What are you going to do with all tha free time today? Oh I know, your paper!

Whoops! Can't finish yet, somethings going on upstairs!
BBL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:40 AM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all you early risers...
I am here and feeling much better today. The cold isn't in my head so much today. More down in my chest, which I can handle alot better. I even got a 40 min. workout this morning. THAT makes me feel a whole lot more energetic. I might actually get the house done today. I've been messing around and not getting much done. It's so monotonous and it gets undone so quick...(absolutely depressing). I got alot to do though since we are having Thanksgiving at our house this year.

Deana-Don't you hunt too? I used to, but the ex got my gun in the divorce. I don't think I'd feel comfortable enough going alone anyhow. I hated the nasty job of doing the "deed" but I loved getting outside and the meat was alot cheaper than beef.

Roxy-Good morning! Your little "angels" are busy already? Mine is actually okay. I've only had to confiscate nail polish from her little grip. Nail polish is a bad thing in here. We have light beige carpet in the basement (bad color with kids) and on the first day of school Tiana knocked dark purple nail polish off her closet and it hit stuff on the way done and splattered the carpet and her clothes and the wall...I have no idea where Nicole found this bottle.

Crystal-I don't know how you do it. When I was that far along, I needed some room to roll when I was sleeping. I can just picture you all snuggled up with Andrew. Of course I could never get comfortable when I was pregnant. I hope you can. 11 weeks to go. You must be excited.

Mel-No gym? I'm so used to reading how your workouts went. I'l let it slide today. But I expect an exercise post tomorrow. Have a great day!

Guess its time to get cleaned up and get this house into shape. The flylady would have a cow! I'll be doing some flying today.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 12:27 PM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all, checking in while we're schooling.

Mel, sorry you don't get to go to the gym today. But a good hard, trained, workout tomorrow will make you feel better about not going today.

Roxy, the house progress is moving so slow. We just got our order placed for the framing materials. So hopefully they'll start this weekend. Probably will take them about two weeks. Then we'll have another slow step, waiting on the bank to release our draw and getting more materials ordered. The only fun thing we're working on are the windows. I've got to get them ordered by the end of this week. And NO the house will not be finished when I have the baby. We're hoping for March, so the baby will be several weeks old. And when the fun stuff starts, I won't get to do much of it, because I will either be about to have the baby or will have just had her. So I'll just get to supervise and hope everyone listens to me and does it the way I want it, lol. Thanks for asking.

Chris, so glad you are feeling better today. Yes, that workout will make you feel so much better. And I am uncomfortable, but the things we do for our kids. I can give up comfort to make them comfortable.

I haven't told y'all I don't think, that dh goes in for a stomach scope AND a colonoscopy on Friday. My mil and dh's grandma will watch the kids so I can take him. I'll let you all know how that goes.

Okay, we've got to get reading done, so I'll check back later.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:36 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good morning......actually afternoon!

Deanna- got a deer hunting hubby, huh? (mine usually does but will not be going out this year.....too busy). Hey, venison is low in fat! get some rest, ok?

Crystal, all the house plans sound exciting....you have such a full plate these days.
BTW- the colonoscopy,is this routine or diagnostic? Hope all goes well.

Chris- glad you are feeling better!! And hope you got your house clean....mine is a never ending project. And I never really get it all done.

Mel- sorry no gym today....hopefully you can get a nice workout in tomorrow.

Roxy- you sound so busy......hope you can find a wee moment for yourself.

As for me, got a walk in (the only reason I am sane) and some cleaning. Tonite, I am enlisting Dd to help clean her room.........that ought to be an advernture.
Gotta go.......have a good one!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 12:43 PM   #9  
I'm a homeschool mama

Ginny, so glad to see you around more often. Dh's colonoscopy is diagnostic. Dh has stomach problems and always has. He thinks it's an ulcer, but we're not sure. Doc seems to think it IBS, but wants to run these tests first to rule out other things.
TTYL
Old 11-17-2004, 02:35 PM   #10  

Hey all, well, My friend didn't need me after all. I am waiting for my br to come and we are going to go to the gym together around 3:30ish or something. So, You can all take back your sorry's and I'll take back my no gym comment. Hope you are all having a good one. check back in later. I'm beat with dh away... I miss him soo much. My best bud ya know! OK, sob story, I'll get over it. I just move on with out him the way I always do. ttyl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 02:39 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Crystal,
My dh had his stomach scoped and had a balloon inserted in his esophagus to widen it. He was having horrible stomach pains and after all that found out he has acid reflux. They had to widen his esophagus because he had a lot of scarring that really narrowed it. Hope all goes well with your dh. I am definitely not jealous of either procedure, esp. not the colonoscopy. I've heard about those and...I never want one. Did his doctor ever mention acide reflux? I know my dh has it really bad and if he misses his pills, he is miserable immediately. It causes horrible stomach pains too.

Ginny-Hey, I got my kitchen cleaned. Okay, so the rest of the house looks like a tornado went through it, but like you say-It's endless.

kind of a quiet day on here again. I guess I should quit flattening this chair out and get some laundry in and the rest of the house picked up. YUCK!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 03:07 PM   #12  
I'm a homeschool mama

Chris, it seems like the doc has said something about it in the past. But dh has a couple of different pains. And mostly his problems come with digestion, if you catch my drift. Therefore, the doc has said and I have also said after doing some research that it sounds like irritable bowel syndrome, but the doc said the only way to diagnose that is to rule out everything else. Dh has worried often that he may have an ulcer because it comes after eating certain foods. Let me tell you how hard he is to cook for...anything too spicy or garlicy bothers his stomach. Anything too greasy, pancakes, waffles and french toast all bother his stomach. I could go on and on, EVERYTHING bothers him. I will ask him later if the doc has said anything about acid reflux but like I said, it's a "deeper" problem. He's not looking forward to any of it either, but he's sick and tired of having problems as well. We'll hope all goes well.
TTYL
Old 11-17-2004, 03:16 PM   #13  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone I think I will be able to get a real post in today!! Anyway I was up till 2 getting a paper done for tonight, it really wasn't that hard but I'm not one to sit and pound it out, I like to write a little, think, play slingo, write a little, check the posts, play with dd, write a little, watch t.v............you get the picture right? LOL Anyway I tried to sleep in but the dogs were relentless with their barking this morning so oh well, I don't feel too bad.

As far as my house goes it's still pretty clean! The stinkin appraiser was only here for like 15 minutes and didn't even take inside pics! I was like dude you better notice my clean house! LOL but I did look at the appraisal they did a couple years ago and checked out the pics and we have done quite a bit of work, have gotten rid of a lot of the clutter. So anyway I hope I can keep it picked up since we have relatives coming up for Thanksgiving, I want to be able to have people "pop" by without feeling like I have to hide and pretend I'm not home LOL and yes I have really done that before, several times actually!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm you would think after 2 weeks of great losses I would be more OP than ever, not the case. Today has been good so far and yesterday was ok but Monday and the weekend were not. I think I would have been fine if it weren't for my dad's b-day, that kind of screwed me up. Oh well I am doing good today and will hopefully maintain. Gotta get back to drinking all that water, that really helped me. I lost my good water bottle though so I'll have to get a new one, for some reason it helps me drink more.

Hey Deana you were up early, did you go to curves today? Are you still liking it?

Hi Crystal, great about the doc's appt yesterday, 11 weeks? That's it? That's so close! I'm so excited for you! Hope you get a nap in today, I also hope your dh's appt goes well and it's something treatable.

Well Mel I was going to say sorry you didn't get to the gym but you are going to go so cool! This is week 3 of me not going and I hate it!! I am in a mode now of not going and I don't like it. Bayley is still sick though! I don't think she is contagious anymore but no one else knows if that's the truth or not so I just figure we won't go. I miss is though, can't believe I am still losing with not going and all, just hope it wasn't muscle that I lost!

Roxy we get heavy fog here too but I was never fortunate enough to get school postponed for an hour, we seem to always get just enough to hinder driving but not enough to call things off, same goes for snow. We get snow days in college too but we haven't had one for like 5 or 6 years, maybe this is the year! And yes I will be doing my paper after I get done with my reading, it's a never ending process around here. However there is light at the end of the tunnel so I will keep plugging away!

Hey Chris why not get someone to come appraise your house? It worked for me! LOL It's clean now! I already told my dh when I start teaching full time we are getting a part time house keeper, that's all there is to it! LOL we'll see if it really happens. I mean work full time and have all the household duties, I don't think so. I know women do it all the time and I know I could do it..........I just don't want to! I know how you feel though it's never ending. Just when it looks good here comes someone who first of all doesn't even notice it's clean then they proceed to mess it up!! Whenever I clean really good and dh comes home from work I don't even give him a chance to notice, I just say "isn't the house clean?" that way I know he knows I put some effort into it and he better keep it clean! Not that it works but hey it's worth a try. Oh and as far as the diet thing goes how much starches are you eating? Things like bread, pasta, potatos. I noticed a big difference in my weekly losses when I cut things like that to one meal. It sounds hard but after awhile you find other things to eat that don't include starches and it really helps with the cravings. I usually have a potato with dinner and that is my starch. Anyway that's what worked for me, just thought I would share, glad you are feeling better. Sorry about the book I just wrote! LOL

Ginny glad you got your walk in, funny how exercise makes us feel better. I always feel more motivated to get things done when I exercise. Good luck with dd and the room!

Ok enough from me, need to go read while baby is asleep then do some e-bay stuff and fax things to the bank. TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #14  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi all you busy ladies posting alot while I was gone!

I'm doin' a quick flyby before I go to pick up the school kidlets.

Crystal- when your husband eats these particular foods does he feel like he has a "painful-tight band" all around his mid section? Greasy foods, especially may be gallbladder, just a thought. My hubby had this for two years off and on, then steady, then just about everything set it off. One day ate a bowl of peanuts, vomited up blood. The fool still didn't want to go to the hospital. MEN! Ended up having to take out the gallbladder (waited too long). Glad yours is going now! Outta time-gotta fly!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 04:03 PM   #15  
I'm a homeschool mama

Chris, I've had my gallbladder out and I don't think his has anything to do with his gallbladder. I can't really explain the pain he gets, but he STAYS constipated all the time. A HUGE sympton of IBS.
Gotta go too, ttfn.