Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 05:11 PM   #1  

Unhappy Okay, I'm Doing it Wrong

Okay, it appears I do not understand the CORE concept. I was under the impression that CORE meant no weighing or measuring. Whereas Flex gave you many more options but you had to weigh and measure. I thought by choosing CORE, I could eat from a pre-defined list of well balanced healthy foods until my hunger ceased--not until I wanted to burst, but until I was happy and no longer hungry. Now I hear start with one portion size and than add 1/2 portion size, and see how you feel. I thought CORE took away the need for weighing and measuring. My 8-year old eats a whole can of soup for a meal. How can I expect my husband to eat 1/2 can?

Being a former Atkins dieter, the weigh/measure thing will never last with me. Does WW offer a program where weigh/measure is not necessary as long as you don't stuff yourself food of food?

Can someone please tell me if there's a healthy diet out there that doesn't force you to weigh and measure your food? I'm sorry if I sound angry, but I'm very frustrated! Thanks to all of you for any help/advice you can offer!
Old 11-16-2004, 05:21 PM   #2  

hey, i don't measure on core. i eat until that first sigh and quit. i feel just right and i have been losing about 2 lbs a week.............i dont find it restrictive at all.......but i think we have to be honest with the size of the serving......common sense applies
Old 11-16-2004, 05:32 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Basically that is core but you need to be honest and know the difference between satisified, full and stuffed.

All diets boil down to calories in vs calories out.

My leader gives a good idea (and with Core this can be sort of eyeballed and not exact) to start with a normal serving such as the package states (2 ounces dry pasta, etc) and see if that satisifies you if it doesn't move on to another 1/2 serving or full serving until you are satisified.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:34 PM   #4  

Wink

Frannie,

Thanks so much for your response. I agree you cannot eat a 30 oz steak and 3 potatoes and expect to lose weight. But I keep hearing and reading recipes that say CORE for one serving after that count points or 1 serving is 1 cup, or I really blew it by eating a bananna and an apple or I ate the whole grapefruit. Shoot, let's face it, we didn't gain all this weight eating too much soup, fruit, or whole grains (okay, at least I didn't unless of course Ben & Jerry's is a fruit!). As long as I know I'm not the only one out there who's not measuring my food, I feel better. Will weigh in Friday morning and let you know. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!
Old 11-16-2004, 05:35 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

A bunch of us answered you http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49425 on your original thread with much of what is done.

Core is basically a no weigh/measure program but you still need to be honest about calories taken in vs what you are expending. And I only said that so that you can get a clue as to how or when your are satisified etc. It was only a SUGGESTION because many people have a hard time judging on when to quit especially when there is a large amount on their plate.

Last edited by Kelly_S; 11-16-2004 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I agree with the no weighing and measuring. I put away my scale the day I started core and never looked back, I completely go off of how I feel as I eat, and if that means going back for seconds than that is what I do, but if that means leaving half on my plate because I am satisfied, then I have done that also. So yes, core is the no measure no weighing plan so enjoy it!!!!!!! (the only things you might have to weigh or measure are things off of your 35 WPA's so you will get a accurate number of pts)
Old 11-16-2004, 07:52 PM   #7  

sprying,

totally agree with you. this is my 7th week down 14.4 lbs! love it. i do count my wpa's but this week i have only used about 10 and i weigh in on thursday night. seems each week i reduce the amount i use because i stick to all core.or my cravings for salt and sweet are leaving me

keep up the good work bopolina!!! gotta do what suits you best !!!! we also have to encourage and not discourage........causes nothing but anxiety

staying on the sunny side of life,
Old 11-16-2004, 08:21 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

I don't weigh or measure. I just try to eat what I think is a reasonable, thin person portion. I try to eat my fruit and veggies first at a meal and then the meat/starch. I try to stop eating when I'm satsified (most times I'm successful!) rather than full. I've lost 14.8 in 9 weeks so I'm pretty happy with my progress. If I ever stop losing, I'll probably weigh and measure for a couple of days just to make sure that my portion sizes haven't grown. Other than that.....no weighing or measuring for me on Core!

Viva Core!
Old 11-17-2004, 08:58 AM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

I just wanna clarify that I only suggested it because from her post I got she was having a 'difficult' (for lack of a better term) with judging her satisfaction levels.
Closed Thread