South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 09:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default help with hot chocolate mix

I made the hot chocolate mix awhile back and the flavor is pretty good BUT...the cocoa doesn't dissolve very well when I had hot water. I've tried several ways, add a little bit of water and stir the dickens out of it, then add more water; place it in a jar with hot water and shake the dickens out of it.
So, now I get as much dissolved as I can then scoop out with my spoon the clumps and throw them away.

I would say about half to 2/3 of the cocoa dissolves and the other is pretty nasty if you get it in your mouth. I used the dutch cocoa form Trader Joes.

Any hints, should I run it through the flour sifter or something?

I'm wanting to make some of this to give as gifts for Christmas, but not until I get the undisolved problem taken care of.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:08 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

hmmm... I know what you mean... have you tried microwaving it with the mixture and the water already in the mug together?
Old 11-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

I just made some the other night and didn't have trouble with it. However, I used skim milk, rather than water...

Put chocolate, splenda and a little skim milk in cup and stirred the dickens out of it. The water took a while to boil, so the mixture sat for a bit. I stirred it again before I put the water in, then added a bit of hot water. By that time the mixture was completely dissolved.
Closed Thread