Old 11-15-2004, 07:28 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #287 Monday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:42 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Monday

Good Monday morning ladies. How did everyone sleep? Did everyone have a good day yesterday?

Michelle, so sorry about having to go to the ER. Glad it turned out and everything was okay. Hope you get some rest.

Jill, wasn't lasagna easy and good? LOL! Glad your dh helped you out yesterday.

Deana, hope your day ended up good.

Jeniqua, happy you had a chance to pop in yesterday.

Has anyone heard from Leigh? She's who I'm swapping with for Christmas and I would love to be able to ask her some questions. She hasn't been around in quite some time. Just thought I'd check.

Hello to Mel, Chris, Jaymi, Spryng, Penny, Angel, Amy, Steph, Sherry and all you other desperate housewives.

What does everyone have planned today? I'm getting school prepared now and I'm staying home and hopefully will get a nap in at some point. Not that I slept badly, but a nap always makes things better. I should be around all day and I'll check in later. TTFN
Old 11-15-2004, 08:19 AM   #3  

Good Morning Crystal! Glad you had a decent night sleep, mine wasn't so bad either. What kind of lesson do you have planned for today? How is the house coming.

Michelle! OH MY GOD!!!! I hope you are feeling better today. How do you get pleurisy anyway? Is it contagious??? That's so scary! Doctors sometimes just don't get it. I know my body and If I go to the dr, I'm sick or something is scaring me. Sometimes they think, bcause your young nothing could really be wrong with you. Always check it out! Thoughts are with you.

Jill, that's nice dh helped you out with cleaning and dinner, even know dinner was frozen...lol. my dh helped my on Saturday to clean. It makes it so much easier and faster. Much more time to spend together. How's everything else with you. Sorry, I haven't been around much.

Kristin, thats so nice you'll be helping at the adoption center/childrens home. I forget excatly what you called it...sorry. Anyway, my friends daughter is adopted and she is always worried about the future. SHe doesn't mind if she wants to seek out her birth mother and all, just worried one day she will say "you not my mother, I don't have to listen to you" Do you know anything about your birth parents? If not, do you want to know? You don't have to answer if you don't want, just curious.

Spryng, I hope that job of yours is going well.

Cindi, how is your job going. Is it tough getting you and both little ones out the door to work each day? Anyway, I'm sending you present out tomorrow, so be on the look out.

Penny, I hope Andrew is feeling better today. Maybe you'll get to the gym. I think my scale is going to take a dump this week. THe last two weeks it said I was up 3 lbs and this week I lost three, so I think the muscle is gained and the fat is going to start melting off. At least that's what I hope is going to happen. My training is almost over, but I may renew for 5 more 1 hour sessions or 10 more half hour ones. It's so expensive and with xmas coming, I can't afford to spend this massive amount of money. I feel such a difference though. Once, your back from Disney, you'll have more time. The planning for the walk, I'm sure will settle a bit for a little while anyway. BTW, you'll get lots of exercise in disney that's for sure. Hmmm, you should wear a pedometer while your there to see how many miles you walk. be interesting to see.

Pedometer reminds me.......

LEigh how r u, hope you get that computer fixed. Kristin you too with the pedometer right?? how's that going?

Deana, don't worry about having the kids clean. The house everyone lives in should be a joint effort to take care of. There's nothing wrong with it. Abigail, uses the dust buster, and helps fold laundry. I don't make her do it all the time, but she askes for things at the store for like 5 dollars or something and I tell her she has to earn it. I hope you have a better day today. OH yes, Happy B-lated BIRTHDAY!!!! You're going down in numbers ....right???

Anyway, I hope I didn't forget about anyone. Yell at me if I did. I read some posts yesterday and some today and am trying to remember everybody.

HELLO OUT THERE!! HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:20 AM   #4  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! Got everything situated to start my day. We are staying home all day, just getting the basement, desk,bills, done today. And finishing up the laundry. Its too cold to go out, and I just don't feel like it. The new puppy got a spank today (again), she ate the wicker basket that the plant is in!!! GGRRR! Now it looks all gross and cheap because its all it up! oh - I hate, hate, hate, training puppies, but gotta do it to get to the good part! Thank the lord for fenced in back yards and kennels! LOL!

Michelle - wow lady, maybe I should send you a pain meds sorter for your gift ! I am glad that you are feeling better, and hope that you aren't too loopy on Percoset (however you spell that) I had to take vicatin once too after a car accident, that stuff made me hilucinate at night! Anyway, hope you are resting, I will say a little prayer for you that you can stay heathly especially through the holidays

Mel - Hey there! I know you will see a loss! you go girl! You have been doing so awesome! I was trying to do the pedometer thing, but I slacked off big tiime..ugh....I just forget to put it on, I should though, it couldn't hurt! I Don't mind questions at all about adoption! I had a closed adoption whick I am guessing your friend did too? So many of them are "open" now, where they keep in contact. I think there are pros and cons of both ways. Most adoptions now a-days are open though! I really believe that it is how your children are raised regarding their adoption that makes the difference! My parents were always very open with me regarding my "biology". THey always told me, for as long as I can remember, "you were picked out special"....or "you grew in my heart, not my tummy"...and we always had an open line of communication regarding my birth mother. As far as my biological father goes, I don't care about him. when he found out she was prego - he skipped town and pretended that I wasn't his. So I could care less what he thinks now! My parents always explained to me that I could meet her someday and that she would be a special person in my life. However, i would never ever say "your not my mom" tp my parents. It would break their hearts and even in the middle of my "teen angs" would never have said that, since I know it plainly wasn't true. I had a case worker (who I still see) and if I had a question for her, my parents would take me there to see if she could answer it for me! one time I went and all I asked was if she had brown hair like me. I guess if they treat it the right way, they won't have to worry about her saying that, etc! If you want to know anything else, please ask! Okay, the thesis has been written!

NOw I need to get the little one some breakfast, she has been yelling from me for about 10 minutes now..she is waiting up stairs, sitting at the table! LOL! okay, well, sorry not to get to the rest of you! Gotta run! but...I'll be back!!!!!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:23 AM   #5  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies Today is going to be a rough one. My poor dd is sick with the stomach bug . I barely got any sleep last night and had to be up by 6 to take care of the kids I watch . I know 6pm isn't going to come quick enough today . We were suppose to go to my Pastor's house for dinner tonight but I guess that's not happening either . My hubby is back on the road this week. They're in SC this week. I just found out he'll be off all next week though for Thanksgiving. Today, I am back on my diet full swing . I hope to by our Wedding Anniversary to have lost most of my weight. I have 40 pounds to lose, so if I can lose 30 pounds by Feburary 13th I will be very happy .

Crystal~ I've been meaning to ask you how homeschooling is going? I am seriously thinking of homeschooling my daughter next year. My pastor's wife homeschools too and I've been talking with her about it. My daughter is very quiet in school so the school automaticly assumes she has problems!! Last year they evaluated her for Speech and OT. They said she only needed OT. When she took it they saw how smart she really is and said that she didn't need it anymore. Well this year I received a letter saying that they wanted her to have speech!! I don't think sooo..I'm sick of the scool system trying to always a label a child. I know how smart my daughter is. For some reason she's just really shy in school. When I sent the letter in refusing for her to take speech the teacher started sending home notes saying my daughter needed to participate more but before that she was writting excellent and good job! Anyways, sorry to ramble on..it just really upsets me.

Hello Sherry, Penny, Michelle, Spryng, Deana, Mel, Chris, Jaymi and anyone else I may of forgotten Here's to a brand new week
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:28 AM   #6  
**Kristin**

sorry - one mor thing for mel !

I have not met my birth mother ...yet! I want to, just need to get myself together and get the funds to start searching. I think she is in Ohio. Nt sure though, I know she is married and had kids. etc. When I run into my caseworker, whick for some reason, I do often, she always lets me know if Geri (thats her name) has updated her profile, or she would call me if she had! I am actually going to do this type of thing for porspective parents and parents that are thinking about giving chidlren up for adoption, answering questions, etc, that is what I love, so please let me know if I can help in any way!
Old 11-15-2004, 11:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Jeniqua, I hope your dd gets to feeling better!!

Kristin, Ha ha!! No need to send me the pain meds sorter pack lol I already have one of those in my cupboard lol I have taken vicodin off and on for almost 2 years, same with percocet and demerol, so I have atleast 2 bottles of each in my cupboard. At one point I was afraid I would become addicted but I've done good and only take them when my pain needs something more than advil. I have never met my birth father and would love to meet him and introduce him to his grandchildren but as with you its money when it comes down to it. Lots of people don't realize that it is pretty spendy to look for a long lost family member.

Crystal, I think at this point we're going to have to cut Leigh from the swap I sent her an email and a PM and haven't heard from her so We'll have you get a gift for Deana. Then All bases will be covered as far as thats concerned Let me know if this is okay I don't want to cut her out but we haven't heard from her here on the boards or by email for about a month and I don't want anyone who is here and actively participating to be left out

Mel I can't wait to hear your weigh in I'm sure it will be great I had McDonalds yesterday, after I was done at the hospital and I was totally nauseous from the shot they gave me, I just didn't feel like cooking and it was on my way home so I figure one meal out of the week wasn't going to kill me Okay now to answer your question about pleurisy, yes you can catch it, IF its viral but not if it is brought on by irritation. They believe mine is viral but that doesn't mean that I will pass it on to my family who may just get cold like symptoms. did that make sense? lol

I signed up today to be an Angel for a Cancer warrior!! I'm so excited!! A cancer warrior is a child battleing cancer and an angel is assigned to them to send the child and one family member something twice a month even if it is just a card or a drawing or a gift I just can't wait!!

My lungs feel like crap today, but I refuse to take pain meds while I'm home alone with the kids so I'll wait til hubby gets home to take something and then go back to bed

Okay I need to go make some breakfast!
Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:23 AM   #8  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all.
Thanks Michelle for letting me know about Leigh. Deana would be great, if I remember, I think she has my name too so that will be fun.

Deana, you are now who I'm swapping gifts with. A question, do you have a fireplace?

Jeniqua, hope dh gets to feeling better.

Okay, I'm on a roll this morning. I'm kind of moody I think although I didn't think I was when I got up. I'm sick and tired of this little bitty house. It's sooooo cluttered and disgusting and even if I clean it never looks clean. Dh was moody this morning, he hasn't been sleeping well, and he ALWAYS makes comments about my dusting and such. So I dusted this morning pretty well. Laundry is going and school is prepared. Andrew is laying down though, and I think it'll be a good idea if I do too so maybe I can wear off some of this moodiness before we school. I've learned, it's NOT good to school if I'm in a bad mood.
I'm also sick and tired of Andrew being so freakin cranky. I think alot of it is his teething, that one stupid tooth won't come through but I can see it trying to. He's also cranky because with each kid I tend to let them get away with more things because I've got more things to tend to and don't want to hear it so I give in. Does anyone else have this problem? Andrew has regressed back to the bottle. He never actually quit, but when he was in his baby bed, he would just take one at night before bed and maybe one in the middle of the night. When I moved him into the room with the girls, he started taking one to go to bed and a couple during the night. And since he wasn't caged during nap time, I gave him one for nap to keep him in bed until he fell asleep. Now he wants one when he watches tv and lays on the couch. I'm tired of it, but I hate fighting it. I know it's not that big of a deal, it's not like he's going to be 5 years old with a bottle, he's just now going to be two but I hate seeing him walk around with one, I usually don't let him do that, I just hate giving them to him. Now, when we go out or someone sits him, I never take one for him, he's on his own, it's just at home. That's bugging me too. I'm soooo ready to start framing on the house, I haven't been able to pay bills in like two weeks, they're all late because we're waiting on the bank to approve our draw, which should be today, then I can pay them.
I didn't mean to go on and on, but these things are bugging me and I guess that's why I'm sort of moody. I think I'll go lay down and rest some of it off.
We can school after lunch. I'll ttyl.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:53 AM   #9  
**Kristin**

michelle - real quick...where did you sign up for that Cancer warrior thing! I want to devote time to volunteer for the CHildrens home/Adoption center, but I would love to do that too. As with Allie and Sam, Fieldon and such, they are so well known that I want to do it for some family that is really needing it ! LMK!
Old 11-15-2004, 12:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

http://cancerwarriors.org/ there ya go Kristin!! I just can't wait to be assigned my warrior!! This is just so exciting!! I hope you sign up too, we can discuss things to send our warriors !!

Crystal I hope you get a nap in!! I'm sorry you are feeling moody I'm always like that lol. Hang in there

Okay I'm off again, I get to take a percocet now since hubby just got home. I was hurting so bad earlier that I was crying so I'm glad I can take something now!
TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 12:26 PM   #11  
I'm a homeschool mama

okay I'm back. Tried to lay down, but had too much on my mind and thought I may do better to stay up while Andrew is napping and the girls are playing and have some quiet time. Plus, as soon as I decided to get up, the bank called and will deposit our draw TODAY, which means we can get paid personally and get some bills paid up to date and get Lowe's paid by tomorrow and get our framing materials ordered. That all means we should start framing by Friday, the weekend or no later than next week. All this is GREAT news. Apparantly, getting up instead of laying down was a good thing.
Okay, I've got lunch cooking and now I'm gonna focus on bills and after lunch, we'll school. I think today will turn out to be a GREAT day. I go to the doc tomorrow for my 7th month check up. I'll keep you all up to date on that.
TTYL
Old 11-15-2004, 02:27 PM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Michelle,

Great idea about the cancer warrior. I know the kidney foundation has something similar to the very same thing Congrats to you and Kristen both for making a difference!!!

Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 02:46 PM   #13  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Hello all!

Sorry I've been MIA all day, been trying to work on laundry and had to take dd to preschool then run a couple errands.

Crystal: Yes it will be fun to exchange with each other. And yes I have a fireplace, not used often but I do have one. Woohoo on the draw today. Hope you're in a better mood now, which I'm sure that helped alot. As far as the bottle thing with Andrew, when I was ready for mine to quit I "lost" the ba-ba and the only thing in the cbinet was a sippy cup. Always kept one for emergencies, like if they got sick and needed that extra comfort, but it always worked.

Mel: Hope you find the extra money to rejoin the gym. You have been doing sooooo awesome, I'd hate to see you have to give it up. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Kristin: That is so cool about your volunteering. I wish I could do something like that but there isn't a whole lot in this small town and money is always an issue. I do try to make a donation to the food pantry twice a year. I have had to access it in the past and figure that's the least I can do to give back.

Michelle: Hope you get to feeling better very soon and that none of the family gets any of it. As far as my experience with pleurisy, it's been a long time now but I do remember that shot in the butt .

Jeniqua: I know what you mean about the school labeling kids, that's why I have homeschooled my oldest since 6th grade. That and the principal and I butted heads a few times over how he treated my son when he can't even control his klepto wife and druggie kids....grrrr. Hope you get things worked out for her. Sometimes kids are just quiet.....of course I don't have that problem with mine....just the opposite . But then again, I know where they get it from .

Penny: Hope you're having a great day!

Hope everyone has a GREAT OP day!!!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:39 PM   #14  
I'm a homeschool mama

Deana, thanks for the suggestions with Andrew. But he will NOT drink milk from a sippy cup. And the reason I totally am not ready to get rid of it altogether is because he shares the room with the girls and sometimes Alisa sleeps light but Ally ALWAYS has been a light sleeper and when he cries for one, she'll wake up. I'm usually not in the mood to deal with two of them. If he were in his own room, I think I would have gotten rid of it altogether by now. I've been a bit stronger today in letting him have one. I only fill it to like 3 or 4 oz. and he's only had the one for the nap. He wanted one to lay down on the couch and watch tv and I said no. He got over it.
That's the way I broke Ally, I kept giving her less and less until she was literally like only getting 2 oz. She was over 2 years old and only took one at night with less milk and then got over it quickly. I'm not too worried, it's just driving me crazy that I don't have enough self discipline to do it, but I did with Alisa and with each one, I tend to have less and less.
Didn't mean to go on and on. I've got to finish school. I'll check back later.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:40 PM   #15  
**Kristin**

YAY! I just emailed the cancer warriors, that is so cool! If any one is looking ot give something this Christmas, they have short term commitments for like just a birthday or a christmas gift, check it out!

Michelle - Thanks for the link! I'm exited to do it!

Deana - We did that same thing with the bottle! whooops! its gone! haha, it did work!

Crystal - I think we all have those days, just focus on what is going right, and that youe house may be small and seem dirty all the time, but ya know, you get the bigger one soon....and you have 3 almost 4 beautiful healthy children to fill it with love, no matter the size!

Penny - HI ! Hope you are having a great day!

well - had to go to my parents for a bit, so now I need to get this desk work done, and then the laundry, and the "deep cleaning" of the basement. whoo-hoo...NOT! LOL! Anyway, better keep moving! TTYL!