South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 08:26 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Weekend chat on the Beach!!

Here you go... chat away, darlings.

Back in a mo... must get coffee...

Ruth, how did it go last night?
Old 11-13-2004, 08:39 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I am starting to like this sleeping until 7 routine!

Last night went very well, Ellis. Thanks for asking. They were rolling in the aisles so the show is a hit although Ted still didn't know his lines. Fast thinking got us through. The Director kept giving me the thumbs up from the wings. I have to keep remembering that the audience does not have a copy of the script in their hands so it doesn't matter if we are not dead on.

Today will be relaxing, reviewing lines again, walking poor neglected Lucy and making some kind of comfort supper for poor Harry who finds the evenings really long.

Have a good weekend, Chickies.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:17 AM   #3  

I'm so glad it went well, Ruth. I knew it would, with you in the cast.

I'm just heading out to pick up more supplies for the never-ending kitchen reno.
Still haven't found a sink yet... I'm looking for a round one. I hope DH can cut the hole okay. What am I saying... I'LL cut the hole!!

Have a great day, girls!
Old 11-13-2004, 09:42 AM   #4  

Morning Ruth and Ellis!

Ruth Glad to hear that your play went well last night. How many times will you perform it?

Ellis Do yoiu have a projected date for the completion of your kitchen? i bet it is going to be awesome!

Bups I had to laugh when you commented about not eating one fry! The french fried potato is my biggest downfall. Prior to SBD, whenever we would go out to eat I would always snag them from DD and DHs plates. I haven't had one since May 17th.

Laurie Your trip to Europe sounds like it is going to be fabulous!! When do you leave?

Me- Hanging in there by the skin of my teeth! I didn't anticipate a 2nd pregnancy to be so hard!! Just the 1st trimester exhaustion with a 3 year old, makes it a bit tough. DH had to work last night, so I set her up with videos while I dozed on the couch. How is that for parenting??

I have bunco at my house on Wed. night and then DD's birthday party this upcoming Saturday, so I have some major cleaning to get done today. Like Mama, we are on a tight budget this week, so I need to get creative with the grocery list and meals! When, oh when, we will win the lottery??????

Enjoy your Saturday- it is gloomy and overcast here in Dallas, so we will be indoors most of the day. Guess that will really force me to clean and do laundry!
Old 11-13-2004, 05:20 PM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Hey Chicks~~

I'm in a "fowl" mood, so don't mind me...But I need to rant. Anyone want a husband? He's done just about every possible thing today to piss me off. Between him and his brother, who, by the way, can't move to Nevada fast enough to suit me.

Bad enough that I cook his--to borrow Ruth's pet word--frassing meals for him, he does absolutely freakin' nothing to help out around the house. He PROMISED me ages ago that he would build me a triangle loom. I even went out and bought all the materials. This morning at 6:30 he told me he would do it today. 11 hours later, it isn't even started, much less finished. I only have a few weeks left til Christmas mailing. I'm NOT going to get my projects done. Thanks heaps BIL.

Dh is obsessed with playing computer baseball and spades and wouldn't care if the house were on fire around him, he wouldn't get up out of the stupid chair until he was finished with the game. God forbid he lose 30 precious points!!!

I think I need a vacation from men. A very long, very relaxing, very female-oriented vacation away from the male species.

I could keep ranting, but what would be the point?

I think I'll go take a Prevacid and go knit something.

Mamacita
Old 11-13-2004, 09:01 PM   #6  

Mama - I know how frustrating husbands can be. Heck, I'm on my third one! I wish you luck and lots of patience.

Ruth - Good luck with the play! I'm so glad it is turning out well.

Ellis - I would love a new kitchen but not the hassle.

Kiko - I remember how tired I was when I was pregnant with Brian. It must be really hard with a 3 year old. Don't feel guilty for using videos to help. Maybe some quiet reading time with her would help you spend time together without too much physical effort (but you are probably already doing this since you are such a good Mom).

Me - I spent all day at a first aid/CPR course. I'm now fully trained for awhile. I made homemade cranberry sauce tonight with a bag of cranberries, a cup of Splenda and a cup of water. Cooked for 10 minutes and pushed it through a strainer and chilled. Not bad although Brian wanted it sweeter. I had to give him more Splenda. We don't even have any sugar in the house right now! I guess I better get some before we have people over.

I checked in and my works been delayed about 2 hours so they won't be ready for me until midnight. Oh, well, at least I can sleep late tomorrow. My den leader just dropped off the 60 items of popcorn so we'll be busy delivering popcorn tomorrow. I sure hope the rain stops!
Old 11-13-2004, 09:24 PM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick peck in. I am soooo tired from the sale! I did pretty good though. got a lil shoppin money! lol I did have to pack up alot more of it than I expected. Although I have already had 2 of my customers call me back and want something they didn't get. They are just darn lucky I still had it! lol
Oh mama I can soooo relate. UGH! We need a 3fatchicks sbd retreat to bash men! lololololol Oh a girl can dream can't she?! Tee hee Ok I know I am to tired and need to go to bed! OMG 8:30 and I'm about to fall out. Try to check on y'all chicks tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:46 PM   #8  

Hello to all,
Just thought I would try to pop in. We just went to a block party and met several of our ne neighbors. OH MY GOSH THE DESSERTS But I did not have one bite:: Though I will have to have a fudge pop now that I am home. Other than a little wine I was pretty good. Since I took 2 thing that were OP it helped me stay op and I ate alot of protien it might not have been the leanest cut of meat but was better than going for the potatoes, pasta or cakes! Miss talk to you all. I will try to start checking in a little more often.
Hope everyone has a good noght.
Hugs to all
Old 11-14-2004, 09:03 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

good sunday morning chicks just a quick pop in, but I am trying to get in everyday again so I will get back on track. I have to get ready to go to work in an hour and I am still in my jammies and am tried from yesterdays out from 8-9.
Ellis- good luck with the kitchen.
Ruth- glad the play went well.
Mama- maybe my dh would give yours lessons. I got home last night and he had the house clean the grocries bought. I just love that guy.
Kiko- congrats. Don't feel guilty there is not a mom I know who has not just the video.
Bamiegirl- sounds like you had a great sale.( what where you selling sorry I am a bit behind in the times here)
skherb- you rock chick. You have great will power.
Well chicks I really have to hit the shower or I will never be ready to go to work. Have a great day.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:06 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss That's me decompressing!
The play was great. Today I am going to do a few things but will be relaxing and waiting for the Hollywood and Broadway producers to call!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:35 AM   #11  

Karen, that's what videos are for!! Don't stress about it, hon... you're a good mom.
The kitchen? Well, it's GOT to be finished for Christmas. DH's brother is coming over today to give us a hand.

Mamacita, you must be knitting like mad with those men around! Get rid of that BIL!! You're a saint to have him there!!

Barb, you're a busy lady!!

Bamie, I'm glad the sale went well! What do you make?

Skherb, congratulations on not touching the desserts!

Little Chick, what a darling man you've got.

Ruth... take a little time for you, eh?

I'm completely out of coffee, and I NEED some... going to pop out to the store...
Have a wonderful day, girls!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:52 AM   #12  

Can you believe I am still waiting for work to be ready for me to do my part? The schedule said my part was 10 PM last night and its almost 9 AM. I checked with them about 10 and 3AM and again at 7AM. I'm sure glad I didn't stay up like I was going to do originally.

I'm planning on trying out the Easy Cherry Cheesecake recipe that I posted under Holiday desserts. I want to make sure it tastes good before I plan it for Thanksgiving. The Daily Dish talked about holiday recipes but I don't belong to the paid site. If anyone does, could you post those that look good?

I've stayed down for a few days now so I get to update my signature today.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:43 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi my wonderful friends

Sorry I have been MIA -- with the elections going the way they did, let's say I've been in a bit of a depression.

I've gained, (Bah!) but I am trying to get back on track...which means coming back here. I am feeling sick but should get to the gym for the first time in 2 months...ugh

hope all are good!
Old 11-14-2004, 06:51 PM   #14  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Evening All!

Hope everyone's weekend went well.

Ruth - I'm never sure what to say to a Theatre person because I know that there are a lot of superstitions so i didn't dare say anything. But I was thinking about you with positive thoughts all weekend.

Well I finally did it! I posted my first post on the the exercise challenge. I've had exercisers blok and finally got my butt moving. I'm hoping that I'll be able to move tomorrow. I'm sticking mostly with cardio and a little toning. I want to get below 160 before I really kick up the toning.

See you chickies in the am!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:19 PM   #15  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey my lil beach chickies! I am back home and so tired! I need sleep! I went to bed lastnight at 8:30 (which is unheard of for me especially at Mom's) was sleepin sound until 2:40 and was awake until almost 5! OMG I'm like what is up with this! Then my 2 nieces that had spent the night were up and in there at 6:30! Oh my gosh I was like paleaze! Anyway so I am tired and ready for bed but I want to watch Wild Card at 9 soooo I will stay up!
Little Chick and Ellis... I am a Home Interiors & Gifts Consultant. I'm sure you know what this is because we are in Canada as well.
Ruth... I'm so glad everything went well for all of you! Thank goodness the lead showed up! lol
Hello to the rest of you chickies. I am just to tired to post to all. :-(
Closed Thread