Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-11-2004, 08:39 PM   #1  

Default Nine months later......

This past February Meg started a thread here, 'Things that Work'. Here is the question she asked back then:

<<So my question to all of you is: what have you learned to do in your everyday life that makes weight maintenance easy and natural? What things work for you, day in and day out?>>

What would you list now for this same question?

Thanks, Jan.
jansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:53 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Default Nine months later!?!?!?!?

Gee Jan, I thought you were telling us you were pregnant or something!

What is really working for me lately is just being very comfortable with my myself. Accepting the things I cannot change such as I easily gain weight if I'm not constantly vigilant about my food intake this is my new lifestyle....and changing the things I can, exercise and healthy eating and making the right choices.

It may sound simplistic but I just eat when I'm suppose to and what I'm suppose to. I enjoy and savour the foods I CAN have and I don't dwell on the junk and the foods I cannot have. IF I should happen to have some junk I have very little I don't beat myself over it because afterall I did have a choice of putting it in my mouth...

I am reading some good books... Win the Fat War by Anne Alexander, Thin for Life by Ann Fletcher... They keep me motivated...

Once thing that has NOT changed is coming to 3FC for more motivation ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 05:34 PM   #3  

Thanks for the response Ilene. I had been hoping those who answered before would this time too, and see what had changed over the past year of maintaining. To see what had been tweaked so to speak.

As to the pregnancy issue my being pregnant is no longer possible, thank goodness. Although I might adopt another cat one of these days....

You mention two books, 'Thin for LIfe' is one of my all time favorites and I am also currently re-reading it for the umpteenth time, but I do not know 'win the fat war'. What do you like about it?

Jan
jansan is offline   Reply With Quote