Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #89

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #89

gma22
11-11-2004, 06:19 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
11-11-2004, 06:27 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for us Thursday and this week is DIFFERENT! I want your time to be spent here complaining, begging for help, griping whatever. What better thing can we do for ourselves than to rid ourselves of guilt and stress. EVERYONE NEEDS TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS ONE SO WE CAN ALL FEEL BETTER!!!!!!!

Julie: Honey, that is what we are HERE FOR!!!!! You do not have to come here and pretend. Bad crap is going to happen to all of us.

OK, I am going to take my own advice. I know I haven't been posting much either and I have similar reasons to Julie. I have had a lot of medical/hormonal issues so I am not sleeping and haven't for days and days. I have NEVER been depressed for more than a few hours and I am totally down in the dumps and worst of all I am above 330 lbs. My eating is out of control again and though I am throwing stuff out that was in the house (or like on Monday sat and ATE everything instead of throwing it out,) I hope I can get myself back on track and keep it up during the holidays. I desperately need this as I am not going to balloon back up to 400 no matter what. I am getting in water and exercise thank goodness.

I want to hear from everyone today and honesty, brutal honesty about what is going on with you. IF YOU ARE DOING WELL, for heaven's sake, say so don't stop posting. We need to hear that too!

Faye :)

Mirabelly
11-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the love, ladies! I needed it. This is a great Thursday catharsis, Faye....just to "evaluate" out loud. I hope everyone takes advantage of it.

As for me, I wasn't avoiding posting because I didn't want to bring anyone down or because I didn't know I'd get support. I was just plain in denial. I would type the same basic things I've been typing for over a year now and in my little brain, everything was fine. But my body was telling me different.

Last night I think I figured out a big piece of the puzzle. Last year when I was losing steadily, I took a vow to put myself first. To take care of my needs at all costs, so that I had the energy and strength to take care of everything else. I dropped a TON of volunteer and low paying work that I had piled up....just dropped it, apologized and moved on. And I paid attention to what *I* needed to eat, not what the kids *wanted* to eat. And I pampered myself, and I exercised and I lost weight. AND I was happier than I had been in a long time.

SOmewhere along the line, I stopped putting myself first. I always go overboard working on my dance school's May show (where starting in JANUARY I am the director, chief choreographer, costume designer and seamstress for over 40 dancers!! PLUS dancing in 4 numbers myself) I think that was probably when I just slid into my old habits of ignoring myself and putting everyone else first. I KNOW it's the same time that I stopped losing weight. This past weekend was another marathon session where I work my *** off for my dancers. It's absolutely worth every minute and I enjoy it. BUt it comes at a time when my strength and immunity are at an all time low because of months of NOT TAKING CARE OF MYSELF!

Yup, now that I write it all out....that's exactly what's wrong with me right now. I've gone back to putting myself last.

I am proud to say that I had a 4 point day yesterday as all this dawned on me. I actually looked at our eating habits to find (and weed out) our 3 highest calorie staples. Meat, Pasta/bread and cheese are the top 3. I resolved to have at least 3 vegetarian nights a week and planned a menu to reflect that. THe family, especially dh, will just have to get used to it. Meat problem solved.

Then, I actually looked at the calories in pasta....HOLY CRAP!!!!! I had NO IDEA........one little bitty box has EIGHT servings and EACH serving is 200 calories!!! :eek: That's WITHOUT the sauce you put on it!!!! I eat at LEAST 3 or 4 servings worth in one helping, easily, and then often go back for more. So NO MORE PASTA for me!! I saw a recipe on here that suggested roasting cauliflower and/or broccoli and dipping it in marinara sauce. So I tried it last night, only with pesto sauce and feta cheese. YUMMMY.......Honestly, I decided that when I make spaghetti, it's really for the kids and usually only when I don't feel like cooking (cuz it's really easy, and if I am supremely lazy the kids can cook it themselves). It's not the pasta I like, it's the sauce! Any hard substance will do for a sauce delivery device...even cauliflower. Now, I know some of you are going EEWWWW....but I don't cook it until it's mushy, just so it's tender and crunchy. And I really don't taste the vegetable at all, it's just texture with my yummy sauce. Pasta problem solved. And I hardly ever eat bread unless it's whole grain or rye, which is fine a few times a week.

Cheese. I can live without cheese. Except Feta. LOVE that stuff. But I only need a tiny bit for flavor. THe main thing I eat cheese on is homemade bean or chicken quesadillas...and I've tried them without cheese. They taste the same. So, Cheese problem solved.

I figured out that as far as the rest of my life goes.....exercise is just going to have to happen. EVERYDAY. the more the better. I can cut calories until I'm eating grass, and my body will adjust to the calorie level I'm at. I'd WAAAYYY rather adjust to a higher calorie threshold and just rev up my metabolism with lots of exercise. I've been a total sloth the past few months! I have a $400 home gym just sitting in my garage collecting dust. TIme to get my butt out there.

Okay, I've rambled on long enough. I feel much better....thanks so much for being here everyone. I know I can get back on track, holidays or no holidays. And SO CAN ALL OF YOU!! Faye, I know you can pull yourself up out of this (just don't give yourself a wedgie! :lol: ) We all can. It's 7 weeks until the New Year....Let's help each other reach our goals during these last dark days of the year. I still want to be in the 190's....that's 10 pounds in 7 weeks....I can do that!

I love you all :grouphug:

Julie

Sandybrat
11-11-2004, 09:33 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS.... thank you faye.. u r so right... everyone needs a day to purge their feelings... so here i go...
since hubby has been gone i have been doing very well, with my eating, my routine of getting the kids ready for bed and school... we all have chores to do... theres a stability that hasnt been there before... sounds bad eh??
My biggest problem is and always has been exercise. the last few weeks is because of the pain i have been dealing with... but i used it more as an excuse... actually when i do my yoga i feel better...the pain subsides... so i need to get my but in gear and work on it... i bought that iron horse thing and havent used it in a year
what a waste...i need to move it in the house... so its there staring at me... and i bought that exercise ball... i love the workout... but have i done it lately?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... i no longer snack at night... and the beer is gone.... i dont want it... but then again i dont have anyone else having one... or having snacks at night... and i dont miss it at all....
So when i finish here i am doing my yoga.. and then my exercise ball work out. I know i feel better after i exercise... so i just need to start doing it... everyday of the week...
On a different note... i love my new "do"... its short and sassy and i absolutely love it... i am coloring it a lighter blonde this morning after my workout... i will try to post a pic later...
Everyone... take care of u today... i love you all
Sandy

gma22
11-11-2004, 12:20 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :bravo:
Carri (didn't get your pts yesterday posted, sorry) :bravo:
Faye :dancer:

I am doing better physically this am I think. I cleaned the downstairs and rearranged a bunch of stuff, had a banana for breakfast and have had 3 servings of water so far. Raining here so no outdoors but am going to weight lift when I finish here and toning stuff. I am a little happier today too, not so down in the mouth. My poor husband is beside himself with worrying about me. He knows there is nothing he can do and neither can I for the most part, just hang in there, but he still worries so much about me. Our 32nd wedding anniversary is next Thur (18th) and I can't believe we have been married that long. The longer we are married, it seems, the better our relationship is all the way around. We have never gotten tired of each other or took each other for granted. If we have, the other partner understands and pretty much waits it out. I love having him as my best friend and we have great times together. I just thank God everyday having him in my life.

Julie: Glad things are coming back around for you. When you have stretched yourself so thin like that, the first thing you give up on is you! Give yourself some breathing room and you will be back on track pronto!

SandyB: I think most people have the most trouble with regular exercise. I can't stress enough that if you get it into a routine the same part of the day everyday, it makes it easier to stay with it. I can't believe that I have pretty much stayed with it constantly. I have harder time with food. Can't wait to see the new do!

Gotta go and get me some lunch. I am waiting for the UPS man to bring me my pink shoes!!!! I bought a pair of pink and black ones and they didn't fit so ordered another pair and they are supposed to be here today. One thing, is my sodium level is up and my feet have been swollen so I am hoping they are getting back to normal

Gotta run

Faye ;)

gigglez
11-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Afternoon everyone!

Seems like everyone is suffering from the same thing. Part of me thinks that it is due to the change of season. I went thru the depression thing not too long ago and it is slowly creeping back. The only thing that has help is the book that I have been reading. THere is so much in the book that make sense and I have been taking it to heart. One thing is getting to know yourself. That is something that has been so hard to do. Like all of you there are so many things to do and there is always no time for me. Looking back I was happiest when I had time to go and workout at the gym and pamper myself at least once a week. But so many things have changed since then and it is so hard to pamper yourself when you work 2 jobs. I have been searching for a soultion and hopefully am getting close to finding one. There are about 6 of us girls at work who are going to join the gym together and hopefully we will get to work out together every now and again. One of the few things that has been stressing me out is some of my friends. One I told off...and I felt so much better. Then there is the fact the my best friend and I work such opposite schedules that we haven't had time together in a long time. She is one of the few ppl that I can relate to and be myself with. The other thing that has been getting to me is the fact that there is so many ppl that I want to reach out and help and there isn't enough of me to go around. OK I have rambled on but just a little longer please induldge me. I have finally accepted that I am responsible for everything in my life and I am the only one that can change it.
As for the Christmas challenge I am shooting for 5lbs.
Thanks everyone for listening and being there!

sandy

Amanda Panda
11-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi Friends,

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: to you Faye, Julie and Sandy - thank you for opening up and sharing your feelings.

JULIE - I was wondering if you were feeling down as I got a hint of that in your last post. I think you are absolutely right to begin putting yourself first sometimes - you have so much on, with your family, your dance classes and now your writing (aand a hundred and one other things I bet!). Finding time for yourself is something you need to discipline yourself into doing - it's so easy to let it fall by the wayside. It sounds like your dance production is ALOT of responsibility and hard work for you - are you sure it's not too much? Is anyone else doing ANYTHING??? It sounds like it's a one woman show to me!

FAYE - I am so sorry you are having such a rough time - and I am so happy that you have such a lovely, kind husband to help you through this! Not sleeping is horrible and affects all aspects of your life - if you could just get a good nights sleep then it would be easier to cope with all the other stuff. I really hope you turn a corner soon!

SANDY B - You are doing really well! You are coping so well with looking after yourself and your kids alone - you are a strong woman! Don't beat yourself up about the exercise - just do what you can when you can. And post a pic of your new hairdo - it sounds gorgeous!

As for me - I'm okay, but can't seem to get out of this yo -yo pattern of a few good days, then a bad day. I'm doing really well with the exercise as swimming is something I enjoy alot and it doesn't feel like a chore. But I am really struggling with food. I managed to cook healthy meals for 4 nights on the trot - but then got really fed up with it and just ordered a pizza. I'm hoping it's just PMS and TOM talking - I just really feel like I need looking after for a few days. Nigel is still ill and his sleep pattern is all messed up so he's never awake to cook for me, even when he is awake he just sits on the computer all day and will just eat toast so he see's no need to cook. I told him today how I was feeling (just before he fell asleep at 6pm) - he said 'sorry' but I still feel so neglected. I'm still struggling with my depression on a daily basis and i feel constantly guilty and ashamed at not being able to take control of my weight problem. Sometimes I wish I could just be one of those 'fat and proud of it' people - at least I could just enjoy my life and stop the constant trying and failing and then feeling guilty.

I suppose that's about it for now! Oh yes, I got 4 points yesterday!

Love Amanda x

Amanda Panda
11-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Sandy G - we posted at the same time! Didn't want to not acknowledge your post.

I think it is a great idea, you joining a gym - i hope you MAKE the time for you to go! Well done for standing up to your friend - I'm rubbish at that sort of thing, which is probably why I suffer with depression, as they say that depression is anger turned inwards.

I think the most important thing for you is finding some time for yourself - I know that is easier said than done when you have 2 jobs, but it is so important - please try!

Love Amanda x

Satine
11-11-2004, 03:40 PM
HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE BEEN WHERE THE MOST OF YOU ARE RIGHT NOW AND I DID GET OUT OF IT...ya know these last few weeks where I was stressing about my house and all of this crap, well I gained 9 POUNDS in 3 WEEKS!! I was back up to 197!! and I am just down to 194 this morning, so I have lost 3 of it in the last week but still need to lose another 6 pounds to even get back where i was three weeks earlier, yeah it sucks and it has me depressed but I got back on the wagon and I have been OP since last Thursday, so one week today...I am still struggling daily, believe me, with wanting fatty food, but I know that I cannot go back to 258 EVER, and I will fight and do what I have to do...

Julie - LIke I said I know what you are going through, great job on the 4 pointer yesterday, I know you can get it back on track !!!

I think it is great that we can come on here and just be truthful with eachother about going off program and honestly say "yeah we have gained weight back but today is another day" and lets help eachother....we CAN all do this !!!!!!

Hope you all have a great evening, OP of course, ha ha!!!

Mirabelly
11-11-2004, 05:36 PM
You gals are all awesome! Don't have time to chat. Just wanted to say that.

Talk more in the morning.
Julie

gma22
11-11-2004, 06:33 PM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Here's a cheer for all of you,
We've had bad times and good ones too.
We'll beat this thing and be our best,
We won't give up and we won't rest,
Until our health and bods are good,
We'll start to do just what we should,
And one by one our goals we'll see,
Each at the place we want to be!!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL ! :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss:

Faye ;)

gigglez
11-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Evening, or it is something like that!

Amanda, hey a slice or two of pizza wont hurt that is as long as you don't go overboard with it. I have found that we deprive ourselves in order to loose weight we end up gaining it all back and then some. I think that every now and again there is nothing wrong with a little treat so to speak. We all have to learn ourselves and what works for us in order to be healthier. Right now there are so many things that each of us has to deal with and it does make it hard but we all have to rise above it all. I personally tend to get a lonesome feeling lots of times. I think that in part it is due to a deep fear of being left alone forever. But in the end I know that no matter what I will be alright! Gotta go Corey needs to use the puter to write his personal narratives for school. Here's a start of something that is bigger and better than what we all have now!

sandy

gma22
11-12-2004, 06:06 AM
FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Who are the losers this week???

Be back in later girls!

Sandybrat
11-12-2004, 08:22 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!! I cant believe i keep forgeting to post points... duh... 4 both yesterday and the day before... i am down 3 more lbs... so i am back to my starting weight of 220... but i am on the right track and will keep loosing... YEAH!! LOL thanks for the cheer faye...
I just feel so good about getting back to 220... sounds weird but i hated being above that... i worked so hard to get there... then boom back up it went... granted only 6 lbs... but still 6 lbs...
Amanda, i totaly agree with sandy g... we have to allow ourselves a treat so to speak once in a while... its in our nature to want , so as long as you do so with good measure it will all balance out in the end. at least thats how i look at it. its getting colder and colder... frost on the ground the last 2 dyas... but its crisp and clean smelling... very refreshing...
I hope you all have a fantastic day... i will check back later lovelies...
take care of u... love to u all...
Sandy

Mirabelly
11-12-2004, 08:37 AM
Good Morning Beautifuls!

Great poem Faye! It's nice to have each other to lean on when we all need to climb out of this depression pit.

I only got 3 points yesterday. I got a little exercise walking around the mall with dd, but not enough to really count. BUT I did lose a pound this week! Well, in the last 2 days I guess. So, I'm at 209, five away from where I was....but only 10 away from my Christmas goal. I have been drinking tons of water and hot tea and I feel pretty good. Loads of veggies, too.

Sandy B--Good for you to get yourself back to your low weight!

I know all the maintainers say that you have to have a trigger weight that once you get back up to it, you stop yourself and do whatever it takes to get back down. Right now, for me it was 210....not going any higher, only lower! The trigger number will keep changing as I lose, but as long as I have one...

I have company visiting from NY, so I can't do individual responses....just know that I'm thinking of you all and we're on the right track, I can feel it!

Hugs!
Julie

Satine
11-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Morning All

Great poem Faye !!! I think we could all use that... :)

Julie - Good job on the pound down, see you are already on the right track back...

I was down the three pounds this week that I told you about yesterday, so I am thankful for that but still have a few pounds to get back to where I was, which sucks, but I will deal with it :lol:

Sandybrat - Great job on the three pounds down, WTG !!!

HI to Amanda and Sandy aka Gigglez !! I hope you all have a great weekend and I hope to get back on here on Monday and say I stayed OP all weekend, heck I did it last weekend, so I guess I can do it again....I CAN !!!!

Talk later!! Oops, 3 points yesterday !!

gma22
11-12-2004, 11:58 AM
POINTS AND LBS DOWN:

SandyB :bravo: :bravo:
Fasye :bravo:
Julie :cp:
Carri :cp:

SandyB :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale
Faye :goodscale :goodscale
Julie :goodscale
Carri :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale
Amanda :goodscale

I walked to the grocery store and back today (about 1.4 miles), uphill and with glass candles so I figure I got my workout! :lol: I am doing ok this am, had fruit for breakfast and am having soup and ff pudding for dinner. My dd's birthday dinner is tonight and she wanted homemade sloppy joes and onion rings so that is what we are having with cake and ice cream. I will probably do the sloppy joes but bypass the onion rings and have a teeny piece of cake and no ice cream. They are going to have to take it home with them or out it goes.

I need to go and check on my laundry and see if it is done so I can get it folded and put away. Have a great weekend girls!!!!!

Amanda Panda
11-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for all your supportive comments about the pizza's - the trouble is I have been having them about 3 times a week over the past few weeks! I think if I can cut it down to 1 a week for now I will be happy! It sounds silly, but I think I am addicted to pizza! Seriously!!! If I don't have it for a couple of days, I start really craving it and it's all I want! How sad is that? In the past I have managed to break the addiction by going 'cold turkey' for about 2 weeks - then i stop craving it - so I'll have to do that again and be strong! :nono: :jeno: :strong:

I have taken a positive step and contacted a counsellor who specialises in eating disorders. All I've done is email her and ask how much she charges, but it's a start! I REALLY hope that she is affordable and offers a discount for people on benefits. I figure, I'm spending about 30 or more each week on pizza - so I should be able to pay for a counsellor! The only thing is I won't be able to afford a counsellor AND pizza! There are free counsellors, but they have long waiting lists, and I really like that this lady is specially trained to deal with eating disorders. I haven't heard back from her yet, so I'll have to wait and see!

By some sort of miracle, I lost 1lb this week! I should have lost 4lb by now to reach my Nov target, but I'll take the pound - and I'll do better next week!

Well done everyone on their pounds down - we should be proud of ourselves!

Love Amanda x

gigglez
11-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Just checking in. No lbs down to report it looks as if I went up 3 more. That totally blows! Don't know if I am going to get back into the groove again. On the brighter side I did go to the gym today if only for a little while. This morning I got in some time on my glider! YEAH! Just checking in catch everyone later!

sandy

gma22
11-13-2004, 06:11 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What can you share with us? TODAY GIVE ONE SUNNY THOUGHT ABOUT YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT LOSS SITUATION!!!

My one sunny thought about my situation is I have been 4 pts for 2 days now! YEAH!

later girls

gma22
11-14-2004, 07:35 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Poll this week is, Do you think Scott Peterson killed his wife and baby?

Morning girls! Hope you are all having a great weekend. It has gotten pretty cool here so my ole bones are complaining, but other than that I am doing pretty good. At least I am sleeping better for the moment! :lol:

As far as the poll, though the evidence was circumstantial, I think he did it sadly. One of the biggest things that disturbed me was the fact he dyed his hair and was getting ready to run for it when he was arrested. That in no way proves guilt, but with the other stuff they found (even if you totally ignore the ongoing affair) I think it was enought to convict him. I pray both those families might find some peace.

Have a great day!

Satine
11-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone...wow Faye looks like you are the only on here this weekend huh? ha ha...for silly poll, YES !! I think he did it and I am so glad that they found him guilty!! I was so scared that he was going to walk, and I am glad justiced was served, especially for her family...

Well I have had two 3 pointers for Friday and Saturday and am so glad that I am back on the right track, it is helping so much that my dh is back on Atkins and I do not have to watch him eat what I cannot have...the only thing that is bothering me is that my hair always starts to fall out worse when I go back on my diet, I was monitoring my protein and I it is very low on a daily basis, it seems I mainly eat carbs on WW...so I need to start stepping up on the protein, maybe just eating low fat chicken or turkey for lunch and nothing else...or might even try a protein shake a day if I could find one that tastes good...what do you guys think? What are some things that are very high in protein that I could eat but still be lower in fat?

Well I hope you all have a good Sunday , talk to you later...

Sandybrat
11-14-2004, 01:18 PM
HELLO BEAUTIFULS.... 4 points yesterday... as for the poll... yes i believe he is guilty... sadly...and i too hope that both families can find peace.
Carrie... try just bulking up on more lean protiens... like turkey and chicken...even tuna or salmon... eggs are a good source as well. I am making french onion soup today... been craving it...lol so i am off to find a good recipe... hope you all have a great day... i will check in later....
Sandy

gma22
11-14-2004, 02:08 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Faye :bravo:
Carri :cp: :cp:
SandyB :cp:

I am still in jammies and am trying to get on our library website to look up my library card and make sure they checked my last load of books in on time, but I can't get in so I guess I am just going to have to go to the main library and argue with them if they checked them in late. I need more reading material. I read my last book today and will die of boredom without some more! :lol:

You gals all have fun today and keep warm!

Amanda Panda
11-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Hi there,

Just thought I'd pop in to say hello!

Been feeling very low over the past few days - eating has not been good and I'm feeling constantly guilty and ashamed of myself. The sooner I can get some counselling, the better! I still haven't heard from this counsellor I emailed - honestly, what is the point of listing your email address if you don't check it? I'm going to have to ring her, which I didn't really want to do as I'll be embarrassed if I have to say I can't afford her! Oh well!

Love Amanda x

gigglez
11-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Evening everyone!

Poll...guilty! But no matter what happens I know that when the end comes he will get his.

Faye, I am lucky here it doesn't matter if the library books are late or not. I guess that is because this is such a small town. I also get delievery to the store that I work at. The women that work at out library are such wonderful people.

Amanda, I really can understand how you might feel badly about calling and then finding out that you may or may not be able to pay for this person's service but then agian who knows you may say something and in the end she will wave the fees. Bottom line is that it is better to give it a shot then to sit back and wonder what if.

Carri, I am glad that you said something about your hair falling out when on WW. Come to think of it my hair was comming out more when I was on it as well but I just blew it off to just getting over my hyst. Aloe juice works wonders.

This weekend has been awful food wise. I think that if it was junk I ate it. Have no idea why. I am praying to be over this tomorrow. Almost like TOM but then again I knwo that isnt it. Just checking in have to get to bed have to be at work at 4am and it is already 920pm.

Bright sunny thought
sandy

gma22
11-15-2004, 08:18 AM
MONDAY: today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is to lighten up! We need to understand that we have lots of things in and out of our control that will mess with our program. We cannot concentrate so much on what we are doing wrong that we dip into depression about it. All we can do is work it the best we can. We must have NO regrets when it comes to ourselves and remember to love ourselves the way we are FIRST AND FORMOST!

Amanda: I would call and find out the cost and ask some other questions like hours etc and then tell them thank you, you will call back when you check your schedule. If you can't afford it, don't call back! There is NO SHAME in not having enough money for something. People that truly want to help people should have some slots open for those who can't pay or can only pay a minimum.

Carri: Looks like me may be in Indianapolis on Saturday, Nov 27th. I have a reservation at a dinky hotel for Sat night if Penn High wins their game this coming Friday and goes to the state championship. Think we might be able to get together for lunch or something on the Saturday after Thanksgiving? Just let me know and we will work it out.

I had a crappy eating weekend, but I am up and at em this morning and getting ready to walk as soon as I get my chores done and get off here.

Check back in later, girls!

Mirabelly
11-15-2004, 08:43 AM
Morning Ladies,

Just a quick pop in to let you know I'm here, and I'm lightening up (thanks Faye!). It's so true we are harder on ourselves than anyone else. Life's too short to be depressed.

I ate too much over the weekend, mainly because I had friends visiting and I always overeat while we're playing board games. But I'm in for a great week! I'm going out for a walk as soon as I get off here.

Let's all work to keep our thoughts sunny and bright this week! Think of all the things we have to be thankful for....why do it only one day a year?

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
11-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Well I had a meltdown this morning! I decided since my brother and the gang are going to be here Sunday I would get out this morning and clean the deck up of leaves etc and wash my patio table etc. The stupid neighbors had thrown lit ciggie butts onto my deck and one of them had burned a hole in my patio chair cushion. Freaked me totally out and of course made me madder than a wet hen. No one was home so I left a note telling them not to throw their butts onto my deck from now on. She doesn't allow people to smoke inside I guess because there always seems to be someone on their back porch smoking. It scared me more than anything to think about what could have happened if it had smoldered then set on fire while we were asleep or gone or something. I hate both the neighbors so much. They are trash. You have to be so careful what you say to them though, you don't want to end up with something destroyed while you are gone or something and believe me they would do it here. It is just common courtesy to throw your butts in a coffee can or something, but not on someone elses property. I have already gone round and round with them both about parking in front of our garage, the one neighbor's kids throwing bottles, wrappers, and cans onto our patio, the idiot letting her washer overflow into our bathroom and when I said something, her comment was "well, it is just a little leak in our house" and now this. Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done, but I am telling you, if it keeps up, I am going to demand to get the address of the landlord's of these people ( they are both renters and don't own their condos) and contact them directly and tell them I will sue their behinds if they don't do something. I started out so well with my food today and totally lost it after this happened. I am still shaking about it all. It doesn't make me too comfortable going on trips now and leaving my condo unattended. My dd comes by and checks on my cat, but is not here all the time. I had to move my patio stuff to the other side of the deck and it kind of blocks coming up onto the deck, but I have no choice. I am not sure they will quit doing it and I don't want it to happen again.

Sorry for my griping, but this really did shake me up because I keep thinking about what might have happened, especially if it hadn't been chilly and rainy the last few days. I think the cushion was damp enough still not to hold the fire, but it had a nice big burn hole. Ahh well......

Faye

gma22
11-16-2004, 06:45 AM
TARGET: today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is reviewing our eating patterns. Take time this week to look at when you eat. Do you try and eat at the same times everyday? Most experts feel a good weight loss program is aided by eating meals around the same time everyday. Try to set yourself a routine this week to eat at regular periods!

be back later girls!

Sandybrat
11-16-2004, 08:08 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!!! 4 points for yesterday... Faye, I understand completely about the situation... it never ceases to amazed me how assinine people can be. The whole... its not mine so why should i care attitude needs to be throw in the garbage along with the trashy people who believe so strongly in it.... i have been on the receiving end of that kind of treatment too many times. But i would never assume that i could do so as well... some people...
I am taking a new allergy medicine and it takes away my hunger... nice side effect...lol but i also cant have any diet coke... it upsets my stomach so badly... so... no more soda... which is alright... i will jsut have to do some more exercise at the time in the afternoon when i get my sleepies...lol
I hope everyone has a great day... take care of u... love you all
Sandy

Satine
11-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Morning all, hope you all are having a good day so far...I am, stayed OP for 8 straight days and had a small binge last night with some buttered popcorn and chocolate, but oh well, today is another day...

SandyGigglez - Aloe juice? Is this something you drink? and where could I find it? I will try anything at this point, the shedding is getting pretty bad, well and of course I need to up my protein...

Faye- Sorry to hear about your neighbors and BELIEVE me I know all about renting neighbors, they do not care about anyone! I have had to deal with it alot in my neighborhood, the ones we have now are definitely the worst, thank God we move in two weeks...I think your note was a good idea, you were too mad to confront them, might have made them do something stupid like you said...

Amanda - Dont worry hon, it will get better, you can do it !!!

Julie - Glad to hear you are roaring to go this week, me too !!!

talk later !!

gigglez
11-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Evening sweet chickies! Hope that everyone is fairing well.

Carri, the aloe juice I get is drinkable. I have seen some in WalMart before and I would just bout bet that you could pick it up at GNC. I get mine from a friend who is a dealer in that and other supplements. The juice that I have is sberry kiwi. Not bad at all just remember to keep it in the fridge. My hair is finally not falling out in handfulls. I haven't been drinking it as I should but I am planning getting back into the swing.

Faye, don't blame you at all for writing the note. I have similar problems at my mother house. THere is a church across the road from her house and when it is church time(this church meets on the first weekend of the month) I get blocked it or parking spots is taken all together. THere has been times in the past that we have had to walk home at night(funeral there). I have been tempted to walk in during services but so far I haven't.

Sandy, I think that I would love to have that medcine. Was wondering if you were still planning to be here in KY for turkey day? WOuld be great ifin we could meet.

Eating is slowly gettting back on track and that I am thankful for. Exercising is comming along slowly. Time to get a move on and get some hours called in for the other job. Take care everyone!

sandy

gigglez
11-16-2004, 08:26 PM
http://my.webmd.com/content/article/96/103920.htm

I ran across the articale and wanted to share it with eveyone!

gma22
11-17-2004, 05:28 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes, what can we help you with?

SandyB :bravo: (sorry Sandy, kept waiting for more people to post their pts!)

later girls

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
11-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Hi Everybody!

I've been freaky busy, no time to post....just thought I'd pop in to say "I'm here and I'm doing ok." I wish I didn't cook so darn well! I eat totally according to taste now. If I cook something yummy, no matter how healthy or low calorie it is, I just want to eat it all!!

Oh well...stay strong everyone. I'll be back when I have more time.
Julie

gma22
11-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Really quiet here today. You must all be busy busy busy! Hope you all had a very good day.

My 32nd wedding anniversary is tomorrow and dh is taking me out to dinner, nothing fancy, just a little celebration for the two of us. We had a few "words" tonight about something and I partly understand and partly am frustrated that I don't think he gets it.

As you know, my brother and family were supposed to be here on Sunday and they are now not coming, but I found out from my sister who lives in Indiana not by them. Neither he nor his wife have called and I said something to dh about it being rude and he said he was going to say something to him on Thanksgiving about if he needed a dime to make a phone call. Well, I lost it and told him I didn't want anything said to him at Thanksgiving (they live in Chicago so will just be over for that day to Indiana) I tried to explain to dh that I can't stand having stuff like that at holiday celebrations. I lived with having drunks, confrontations, people disappearing,fights, people getting violent etc every holiday from the time I was about 8 so I just can't take it anymore. Just thinking about it causes me to cry. I lived that life for years and years and it was horrible to the max. He got mad and said, "When are you going to stand up to your family and quit letting them walk all over you? I am not going to let your sisters or brother treat you this way." He just doesn't get the fact that I don't want a HOLIDAY mess not that I care whether or not my brother gets teed off about dh climbing up his behind. I know he never lived that dysfunctional life, but I sobbed when he kept on about it until I got up and cleaned up dishes slamming stuff around and he came in and apologized for upsetting me, but I am still not sure he understands the difference in what I was trying to get across. Do you guys understand where I am coming from or am I not being clear???? It is all over now as he will not say anything. My hope is my dope of a brother does call maybe tonight to say they changed their plans and are not going to Atlanta for Thanksgiving, then it will not be an issue under the surface.

I hope everyone's program is going well. I am hanging in there trying hard to stay close to my program and get exercise in to stay level until the holidays are past. I am stressed right now with that, traveling, keeping my program in the black so to speak and menopause issues that can't be addressed until after the holidays. Luckily, I am sort of sleeping. I never get a full night's sleep but I have periods of about 2 hours that I am sleeping ok. I know that is not good, but it is better than total insomnia.

Everyone have a great evening and I will catch you in the morning!

gma22
11-18-2004, 05:42 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so give yourself an hour or so and do something just for you!

I will check in later girls

Mirabelly
11-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Morning ladies!

Sure is quiet. Holiday preparations must be keeping everyone busy.

Faye, I sent you a PM about your "argument" with Jack. Glad it's resolved and Happy Anniversary to you both!

I had a super super 4 point day yesterday! I felt so good, ate much less, got my water in, exercised....and woke up with a ***** of a head cold! Go figure. Oh well, maybe I won't feel like eating today. That would be nice.

I hope everyone is doing well and not letting the holidays stress them out too much. It's way too early for that anyway.

Be back later,
Julie

Satine
11-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Hi girls!! Just stopping in for a quick "hello" .. my program is going great, have been getting 3 pointers ( just no exercise, unless you call stressing out exercise, ha ha ) ...

Faye - I understand what you are saying but normally my dh and I have the same conversation only my dh is in your role and I am in your husbands...I am outspoken and just tend to want to get to the root of any family problem, my dh likes to keep things nice, but I can appreciate your situation and wanting to keep it nice for the holidays...I hope you have a great anniversary, enjoy going out !!

Julie - Glad to hear your spirits are back up about your program, great job on the 4 pointer, hope you feel better soon !! :) :)

Talk to you all later...I close on both houses in 11 days!! Scary...then the stress will be over right?? :lol: :lol:

Sandybrat
11-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Good Morning... or is it?? lol I havent been sleeping well these last few days... it seem i only get one or two good nights a week... not good for the psychy...or however u spell it... Im sad and depressed... cant seem to shake it and i dont like it... but i guess this too shall pass. My boys seem to think that whatever i say is somehow negotiable... and most of the time it is... unless i tell them to specifially tell them to do something... like go to bed... man i am so sick of it... then last night i finally get them in bed and hubby calls and wants to talk to them... so i went up to bed ... told them to shut off the lights when they were done. i feel like i have lost my mind... but then again thats somewhat normal for me... got 4 points yesterday... i am going to rearrange the living room today... tehn clean out my closet... so i had better get to it.. have a good day all.. i wil check in later...
Sandy

gma22
11-18-2004, 11:13 AM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

SandyB :bravo:
Julie :bravo:
Carri :cp:

Carri: I know you are going to be sooooo happy when the houses are all done and you can settle into the new one proper! Then the fun of decorating begins! :lol:

SandyB: Just take it slow and easy and things will come back around and be ok. It is really tough doing things by yourself but try hard to be consistent with the boys and not give in even if they drive you nuts. Once they see your weak point they go for the jugular and it's all over!

Julie: Great job with the points. Hope you are back on the straight and narrow now!

DGS won't be here until 11:30 now, dd just called and said she had the time wrong for her meeting. Darn, could have stayed in my jammies for another hour instead of getting dressed! :lol: My problem is I HATE bras. They were a terrorist instrument devised by men to get even for something we don't even know we did! :mad: I try every way I can not to wear one unless I am in public or if someone is in my home. They may hang to my knees, but I could care less at this point. Half my body hangs below where it is supposed to anyway! :lol:

We belong to Netflix and I rented a documentary called Twin Towers and watched it yesterday. Tore my heart out. I originally saw the information on Maury Povitch who produced it so I put it in my Netflix queque and it came yesterday. The documentary won an oscar for a short film and it is very touching. It actually started as a documentary on the ESU part of the NYPD. It focused on a man with a lot of heroism stuff named Joe Vigiano. He and his partners in this ESU (Emergency Sevices Unit I think) and how they did their job, BUT his older brother was a NYFD fireman and his dad is a retired Captain in the NYFD. Both boys were killed in the Trade Center bombing and it went from the original documentary and tied in their dad and the boys. Very sad and tear jerking, but great for your kids to see just what good police and firemen are all about. I recommend renting it and watching as a family.

Rainy here today so no outside. Will do something else to get moving, probably chaising the stinker around Here is a pic of my grandson (his school pic this year. Gorgeous like his Nonny! :lol: )

gigglez
11-18-2004, 10:55 PM
evening everyone.

been sick cant hold up my head check it later

gma22
11-19-2004, 05:55 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Frfiday. How did we do this week?

sandyG: Hope you get to feeling better soon, sweety. Don't worry about us, take care of you!

later girls

Mirabelly
11-19-2004, 07:51 AM
Morning Ladies!

First off....3 pounds down!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D
I'm at 206, only 2 pounds more till I'm back to square one....

I think this is mainly because I have had such a crappy cold the past two days that I haven't eaten anything. (yesterday I had a bowl of oatmeal, a bowl of yogurt w/flax meal, and a cup of chicken broth....all day!) I decided to sleep in this morning rather than getting up at 4:30 to write. And I feel much better. The sore throat is gone, my head is still stuffy and eyes are watery, but I can live with that. I've been seriously pushing the chewable vitamin C and echinacea....it really helps.

Now, of course, I have to get some serious writing in today. It's so much easier when everyone is asleep!

Sandy--I hope you feel better soon! Don't underestimate what some vitamins, water, and rest can do for you. I'm sure it's tough on you all of a sudden being a single mom. Maybe you should try to get out one night a week just to do something fun. Take a class with a friend, or something. You can't be mom 24/7 without going crazy....trust me, I know! :dizzy:

Faye--I was doing some research on toxins in the body and came across some interesting info on SLS (sodium Lauryl/laureth sulfate). It's the stuff that makes soap, shampoo, and laundry soap foamy. It doesn't clean squat, just foams. Apparently it's on one of the government's lists of dangerous and toxic chemicals but it is EVERYWHERE. Anyway, the main thing it does is cause skin irritation and hair loss, but it also seeps into your body and totally F**Ks up your hormones. It mimics Oestrogen (I've never even heard of that one) and causes some people to have severe pms and menopause symptoms.

The chemical builds up over time and doesn't go away unless you totally stop using products with sls. I thought with your symptoms and being at your wits end and all....maybe it was worth looking at. Maybe it's an internet myth or something, but there were tons of sites all providing the same info. Including government sites. So, who knows? I know you can get non-sls products for about the same price at health food stores, but you have to look at the labels carefully. "All natural" doesn't mean what it used to.

I was only looking this up because I've been interested in making my own chem-free cleaning agents, makeup, skin cremes, etc. Mostly because it's really fun to do, but also because I think the chemical loads in our bodies are a primary cause for alot of illnesses.

Sheesh, didn't mean to rattle on so............time to get the kids to school!

TTFN, hope everyone has some great pounds down to report!
Julie

gigglez
11-19-2004, 11:32 AM
scales who cares right now as long as i can find a couch. sleep is calling time for a nap and then it is off to work.

gma22
11-19-2004, 01:40 PM
LBS DOWN:

Julie :tread: :tread: :tread: great job!

No lbs down, but no lbs up either so I can live with that for right now.

Julie: Thanks for the info on the detergents and whatnot!

It is chilly and wet today and kind of icky. My lovely neighbor with the kids threw chicken bones onto the patio sometime this morning. Luckily I went out to get the garbage can and saw it before I let the dog out. What PIGS!

Have to go. Everyone have a spectacular weekend.

Amanda Panda
11-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Hi all,

just popping in to say a quick 'hello'. I've been pretty down lately, so I'm just trying to muddle through. My eating has not been good, but I'll get there!

Might not be around for the next week or so - need to sort my head out.

I'll be back though, so don't worry!

Love Amanda x

gma22
11-20-2004, 06:52 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What can you share with us?

I am going to try hard to be more diligent about this topic. We need to share more and not just woes. My sunny thought this week is that each one of us have people who love us and we love. There is a natural high associated with having people that care about us. When you want to take that bite of cake or veg in the chair, remember that there are people who love us that want what is best for us! We also have each other to come to and when all else fails, we have God that is always there, never on vacation, never not answering his door to talk to!

Have a great day girls.

mscat816
11-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Sunny Thought for today - I have been MIA but your posts, especially this last week have been so uplifting - There seems to be a movement to rededicate yourselves to your programs and focus more on what you have done than what you have not done. It is very inspiring! :thanks:

Sorry I have been away so long - but I do drop in on you all in the a.m. whenever I am on the :tread: I have been extremely busy with contractor headaches, work challenges, my fit and fair community project, my landmark class, choir rehearsal, and trying to eat and workout regularly.

Just a quickie update on a few of those items:
Bedroom extention contractors took 3 weeks to determine how to solve the heat duct problem and did nothing with plumbing or electric in the interim:mad: Sunroom contractors forgot to have the beams and studs inspected before we paid someone else to drywall over them. The inspector said no go and had parts of the new drywall cut out :eek:

Work is crazy. I have only 5 of my student advisors in place and working at their schools. But I still have 7 schools open and have been doing the recruiting of new participants in a few of them all by myself. On top of that, our assist. dir. has not processed the new apps for our participants regularly and I alone have about 300 plus new apps that are piling up.

And with all that plus the other things I have found it more challenging to exercise and eat right everyday. Getting 3 meals a day on my schedule is tough. But I taught 2 great bellydance classes this week and managed 2 treadmill jogs! Still struggling with water and getting enough rest.

Sandy - Thanks for the article Sandy on sleep deprivation and obesity - I am a firm believer that sleep is just as important as water, eating on plan, and exercise!. But I am working on it. Hope you feel better soon!

Julie - My "trigger" weight is now 230. It used to be 239. I toggle around that number but never above it. Today I weighed in at 228. So I just got off the treadmill and drank 50 oz of water. Congrats on your pounds down!

Other sunny funny news - I lost a bet to dh before he went to Germany and today I fulfilled it - I am now a long haired beach blond - Can't wait for him to get home tonight and see it -I think I may get lucky!

Have a great evening all. :wave: mscat
Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results!

gma22
11-21-2004, 07:21 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #90