Support Groups - Plump and Merry Christmas Cows

View Full Version : Plump and Merry Christmas Cows

Bagzz
11-10-2004, 10:18 AM
okay---someone direct me to the christmas avatars--if i get you people started early maybe we can get christmas done right for a change---LIKE MAYBE I COULD SEND YOU GUYS CARDS ON TIME ---!!!!!---- my song is not all Mixed yet,but when it is i will send you a cd hahahahaha that will be very funny------my TEEN IDOL who turns 19 tomorrow is coming to MY town next week!!! the radio station is running a contest where you can have lunch with him----i am NOT entering the contest as i feel it is unfair to frighten the youth with Hagginess and Sagginess---Kalan is too delicious to disturb in this manner---i shall live vicariously through the young people {even though i know there are many shameless hags who will try to WIN}---------------i have to go help dd this morning at her job---sooooo---- i will return to see instructions on my CHRISTMAS AVATARS!!!!KIWI???!!!!---- :p :p :p

Cowpernia
11-10-2004, 05:06 PM
I will be a Christmas Cow but that's it. If you want people to post under your NEW THREASDDDDD, TEKK them it's there. You old bat!

Wabby
11-10-2004, 07:56 PM
I walked w/ Leslie this morning. 2 miles. Did I mention I did the 4 mile super challenge on Sunday? Go me. :cb:

Quit with the Christmas avatars. We need Thanksgiving avatars. Oh, yeah, you Canadians are already done w/ that. :dizzy:

I tried to have someone clean my house, but you have to have your house pretty cleaned up before the cleaning service comes, and I never manage to get to that point. I need help w/ the day to day clutter. Someone to make sure the shoes and coats and mail and dirty laundry and newspapers and stuff is picked up. Someone to clean the dog bowls, someone to fold and put away the laundry. DH was shocked when I told him cleaning services don't do all that. Besides, I'm cheap and I would rather spend the money on me. I'm having a light facial peel tomorrow. That's how I spend my housecleaning money.

SugP
11-11-2004, 05:19 AM
That's it, Wabby. It's the STUFF that's so hard to keep under control. I don't really mind cleaning something ('cept dusting, of course!) if all the clutter is out of the way, but it's such a chore to bulldoze it out first.

Had to go to the library again today for final details of Baldwin Bookworm Birthday Bash. I now have everything totally under control and have enlisted some other poor slob of a mother to help me with the fascinating activity I have to do. How I got caught up in this I'll never know. At least I don't have to dress up like a bookworm with a giant paper mache ball on my head like the school secretary does. That should be entertaining.

Feeling barfy today. No idea why. Dizziness and lovely dry cough that better not turn into pneumonia. Maybe it's because I couldn't get a hair appointment for this week and must run around looking like a floozy until next Wednesday when they can finally squeeze me in. Geez.

I refuse to use a Christmas avatar until Dec. 1 but my go back to my evil hamster before then. The Halloween treats are getting old.

Kiwonk
11-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Wow, Wabbit, way to go on the walking!!

Tuesday night I walked for 40 minutes at the indoor walking club (through the halls at the high school). I worked up quite a sweat because I was trying to keep up with a woman I know who is actually a middle school gym teacher (what was I thinking?)

Then last night DH and I went to Parent Conferences at the h.s. and did nearly as much walking as I had the night before -- we asked for conferences with all DD's teachers (we like to be a major thorn in their sides, you know) and they scheduled us with 8 back to back meetings with 2 minutes in between them. And I swear every single one was on the opposite side of the school as the last one. We were getting breathless trying to get to them all; I'm sure it was very amusing for the staff... I joked with the French teacher that they did this on purpose and were laughing at us from their doorways -- she actually took me seriously and assured me that Mrs Bonus, the sweet little old lady in the office, would never do that! I had to tell her I was kidding :rolleyes: Anyway it was a good workout and we heard good stuff (like I was expecting something horrible?) Sometimes I wonder why I bother, but I really think it helps DD to be taken seriously as a student when her parents show up every year and meet the teachers.

Geez, Sugar, I hope you're not getting the flu. My mother still can't get a flu shot, even though she's 74. There have been a couple of flu deaths already. Just one more U.S. fiasco mismanaged. Have a great time with the Bookworm Extravangaza...

Want me to send you something to use as your avatar until they put some up, Bagz? Might take me a while, I'm pretty full up today. Big opening night for DD!! She's singing all the chorus numbers; let's see--here's the list:
I Can't Be Bothered Now
Slap That Bass
Tonight's the Night
I Got Rhythm
The Real American Folk Song
Stiff Upper Lip
Nice Work If You Can Get It

For DD's part, the best stuff is the tap dancing, and her lines. She has a ton of funny lines -- she's kind of the comic relief. I still haven't seen hardly any of the second act, but I get to see the show twice, so I'll have a chance to enjoy it all. I'm also working backstage on Friday as a costume fixer, so I can probably watch any parts I want. And take some pics too.

Well, I got stuff to do. Later, babes.

Kiwi

Wabby
11-11-2004, 04:30 PM
I didn't have to get into work early today so I did the Leslie 4 mile walk again this morning. woo-hoo me! a whole hour of workout!! It doesn't seem to make me lose any faster, but at least I feel better. Then a wife of the one of the guys who works here brought in chinese food for lunch. I ate it. I was just being sociable. :^:

I always went to the school conferences, even when the reports were not good, Kiwi. That was no fun. I recently told DS that I always felt like I was the one in trouble when he was in high school.

Sugar sorry to hear you're feeling barfy. Nothing I hate worse than barfy. Unless it's achy and barfy. Why does barfy look funny if you spell it enough times? barfy. barfy. barfy.

Kiwonk
11-11-2004, 04:40 PM
I found some of Jen's avatars for Thanksgiving, although it's for her Thanksgiving challenge:
http://www.boomspeed.com/jenr/thanksgiving.htm

Kiwonk
11-12-2004, 01:20 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/survey.php
Go take a survey! You get entered in a random drawing to win $25 at Amazon.com! Yeehaw!

Remember the Christmas doggie I used as my avatar last year, Bagz? I can do the same for you with a pic of your kitty if you want. Or whatever. I'll send you a couple of correctly sized pics, or you can send me a pic you want me to alter. ~Kiwi rubs her hands together with glee~

The play was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! DD was a riot! She had the funniest lines in the play. Great character to play -- she had to be really ditsy. A cowboy is heard saying something like "I ain't been that excited since the day my horse foaled"; DD pipes up "it must be really hard to fold a horse!" :lol: She had a whole bunch of lines like that. She had the audience in stitches.

Kiwi

Bagzz
11-12-2004, 09:24 AM
kiwi!! as you know NOTHING thrills me more than singing,dancing and acting!!! and when if involves our CHILdren!!!i i am over the moon!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOO you must be on cloud nine!!! every musical season i could hardly breath i was so excited and when it was over i was in a depression!!!! I HOPE YOU ARE VIDEOTAPING {OR SOMEONE IS!!!} I STILL WATCH CLIPS OF DD SINGING "CAN'T GET A MAN WITH A GUN " ON THE COMPUTER!!!!{YOU CAN STREAM HER ONTO YOUR COMPUTER BUT OF COURSE YOU KNOW THAT!!!!} AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! such joy----i can feel how much fun you are having so yahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy the rest of the performances {and go to the cast party!!!!}--and thanks ---i will send you a pic of Miss NB---that will be "swate"----------------darling wabby----i am SOOOOOOoo impressed that you are walking with this leslie girl---do you do it on the treadmill or around your neighbourhood---i don't get how this works???;you wear a headset,or she is on tv???EXPLAIN!!!!-------and of course dear sugar----hope your wormfest is soon put to rest---wish i could come and shop in your town for christmas---i LOVE The german christmas marketssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---hi painty,peachbag,lushie----LETS START PLANNING OUR CHRISTMAS DISPLAYS-----HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cowpernia
11-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Having daughters sounds like so much fun.

Kiwonk
11-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Datters are swate, eh Bagzie?

Off to mend costumes or yell at loud kids or something...

ta,
Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-12-2004, 06:26 PM
10:32am (UK)
Trapped Cow Is Rescued

A cow has been winched to safety by fire crews in Somerset after becoming trapped at a school.

Poppet the cow got stuck in between a metal gate and concrete wall at Brymore Agricultural School in Cannington near Bridgewater at 11.55am yesterday lunchtime.

Fire crews were called and took just under an hour to bring Poppet to safety.

The animal escaped without any injuries.

Wabby
11-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Poor Poppet. Or lucky Poppet.

Kiwi, I will accept tickets to DD's first Broadway play in lieu of musical concert tickets.

Bagzie, I'm "walking" w/ Leslie Sansone of Walk Away the Pounds w/ Leslie Sansone videotape fame. I walk and walk, but never get anywhere.

It's Bunco weekend cowsies! I'll say hi to the girls for you.

PainterWoman
11-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Daughters are fun.
I want to be "up" emotionaly, and down gravitationally for Christmas.
I'm going to find a Thanksgiving avatar in the mean time.
I'm tired. We got LR dusted and vacuumed.... then we treated ourselves to dinner at Corner Bakery. That was a good trade.
More soon. Cow Peach, I like your ticker tracker.

Kiwonk
11-13-2004, 03:00 AM
Cowpeach, you're so skinny! How did it happen?

Thank goodness Poppet is okay. Maybe now she'll be able to post more often.

I bought a bottle of champagne at Sams Club today (along with a slew of other stuff) and then forgot to take it out of the car. It sat in the car from 1:00 to 9:00 pm -- in the 28 degree weather. I thought maybe it would be champagne slushie, but no luck there. It was a little light on the bubbles though. When DD and I got home from play tonight, DH had cheesecake with Dove chocolate sauce and a vase of flowers for me. Isn't that sweet? Very sweet. Yummily sweet. And you wouldn't believe how well slightly flat champagne goes with cheesecake and chocolate!

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-13-2004, 08:49 AM
I think Kiwi's DH has moved up a notch on the husband-acting-right-scale. Yummo. I don't like champagne but it sounds wonderful anyhow.

Yes, I lost three pounds in a week. How nice of someone to notice, Kiwi. Thank you. I deserve praise and chocolate covered stuff. Actually, last night, I had a tiny chocolate thing left from Halloween.

BBs is broadcasting about Fallujah and the starving, bleeding civilians. Seems Americans have (thank God) set up a medical station for civilians to come to in the town's train station but they're afraid to come outside. Water has been off for days, no place to get food, no electricity. Of course, they WERE warned to get out but I keep thinking if that happened to Dogpatch. Where would I go? Could I go back into the closet like with Ivan?

Only seven more months and Bagz will mail our Christmas cards and my Rose Tea. Hooray!! I had some this morning.

You know what's TERRRRIBLE???!!? Non-fat half-and-half. It looks like half-and-half but it's made with Corn Syrup. Oh So Gross. I want to brag about DS doing something entertainery and musical. Lemme think. Hmmmm. Nope. He's selling Boy Scout popcorn. Who wants some? He's really too shy to ask people to buy but for sommmme reason, Herbie has been emailing DS lately and he bought $90 worth. Let me recall that:

*Months ago, Herbie mailed DS a little carboard with tiny pieces of wood on it. They're sample of wood that grows in Costa Rica where Herbie had traveled. We thought it was odd and odder and that was that.

*Herbie emailed DS some jokes or something with a note, "Keep in touch."

*I encouraged DS to email Herbie to seel popcorn as Herbie is the person who got DS into scouts and owes a debt there.

*Herbie said he "needed" a case of chocolate and let him know how much.

*Herbie emailed DS that he went to Russia and brought DS some stamps (hooray!!) but won't send them until he know DS got the wood chips. DS responded with "thank you" for the wood.

*Herbie began emailing DS and ME (!!) pro-Bush crapmail about how misunderstood Bush is and unappreciated, etc. I think he's misunderstood by those who voted for him but that's the world I live in. (Another local friend told me he wouldn't let political differences interfere with our friendship. I replied that if I did that, I'd have no one to talk to at alllll!)

*Herbie emailed DS that another man who we all know needs help with his website and wanted DS's site address again to show him.

*That man is now showing DS other sites that he wants his to look like.

Synpopsis: Herbie sees both Bush and himself as saints and is fulfilling his oblligations that will let him continue to see himself that way.

Kiwonk
11-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Cowpea, you are my hero, you sent that Psalm 2004 to him! I never have the, um, fortitude to send stuff like that to people who will be incensed by it. Good for you! Well, just make sure DS forearms himself for any possibilities in dealing with Herbie and friends -- the way I figure it, people who are so convinced they are god's gift to mankind can justify anything in their own minds, and that is the source of such things as the Catholic priest abuse problems. Oh, not to besmirch anyone in particular, of course. :s:

Really, dear, anything that is supposed to be made from a high-fat source but is labelled "non-fat" should be rejected soundly. I mean, would you eat non-fat butter? Actually I think most "dairy substitutes" are nothing but corn syrup made white. Eww, when I was at Sams Club yesterday, I partook of all the samples (made a nice lunch) and after one of them I thought I was going to need a doctor: some nasty soy milk thing. Vanilla flavored chalk, I think it was. Then my throat started to feel a little itchy :yikes: -- fortunate it went away quickly, but I was thinking allergic reaction in Sams Club -- this could be the end of me. After all, wouldn't the paramedics have to come in a case of 12?

Gotta go cut veggies, do laundry, take a shower and get dd to her final night of the show. And I get to watch it one more time!! If I get a minute, I'll post some pics of her in her costume.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Kiwipie, I don't imagine that most people are pedophiles. Men who are restricted from sex of any type ... voluntarily ... may require another look. paramedics iin a case of 12??? LOL >>> I love Sam's. There's SO MUCH there of SO LITTLE> There are no green beans but you can get corn several different ways. They have sausage made with apple and chicken. Pesto sauce in a two-pint container. DS has gone camping and I am enjoy being alone. I am cleaning bathrooms. Those fiberglass shower walls are a bear! Does Sam's sell something for that? I could use a lot.

Kiwonk
11-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Kiwipie, I don't imagine that most people are pedophiles. Well, golly I hope not...

I was looking for something for shower walls while I was at Sams. They had something called Kaboom! in 2-bottle packs. Supposed to clean anything off a shower or tub. I wanted the spray on stuff that you just use after a shower, but they didn't have that.

K

PainterWoman
11-14-2004, 12:53 PM
It's Sunday. I don't want to think about shower stall walls OR pedophiles.
DH and I did a fair amount of cleaning/straightening yesterday. Looks lovely. Treated ourselves with mexican food... I even had a margarita. Ole. made me sleepy. what a party pooper.

I posted the following at Journals, but i don't think many of you read them... so here goes:
From The Washington Post...in which readers are asked to supply alternate meanings for various words.
1. Coffee (n.), a person who is coughed upon.
2. Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have gained.
3. Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
4. Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.
5. Willy-nilly (adj.), impotent.
6. Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which you absent-mindedly answer the door in your nightgown.
7. Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.
8. Gargoyle (n.), an olive-flavored mouthwash.
9. Flatulence (n), the emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.
10. Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.
11. Testicle (n.), a humorous question on an exam.
12. Rectitude (n.), the formal, dignified demeanor assumed by a proctologist immediately before he examines you.
13. Oyster (n.,), a person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddish expressions.
14. Pokemon (n.), a Jamaican proctologist.
15. Frisbeetarianism (n.), the belief that, when you die, your Soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck there.
16. Circumvent (n.), the opening in the front of boxer shorts.

SugP
11-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Frisbeetarianism - hee!

Nothing to report here. Mundane and monotonous as usual. Busy week ahead filled with this and that. Must exercise again some time soon. Are we doing the Darling by December challenge?

Wow Kiwi! Can you believe that beautiful, funny young woman is your little baby girl? And what's with your dh?? Did he turn over a new leaf or was he just having a guilt attack? Today I said to dh - "You know what? Women think men who take out the garbage BEFORE it starts overflowing are sexy" He just stared at me in disbelief.

The Herbivore never ceases to amaze me with his weirdness.

Kiwonk
11-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Wow Kiwi! Can you believe that beautiful, funny young woman is your little baby girl? It boggles my mind--how can it be? Just astonishing how you get from one place to the other, doesn't seem like it could be in the same life, but there you are.
And what's with your dh?? Did he turn over a new leaf or was he just having a guilt attack? Today I said to dh - "You know what? Women think men who take out the garbage BEFORE it starts overflowing are sexy" He just stared at me in disbelief.:lol: I'm thinking either guilt attack or DD goaded him into it (although she is pretty clueless on people's birthdays too). He has good intentions, but boy o boy is there a disconnect between there and execution! We had the garbage thing going on the same day -- I was in a rush because I had to get some dinner on and leave at the same time as DD because I worked backstage that night -- so I asked DH to take out the garbage. It had been piled way past the top of the bag (I use paper grocery bags) and he pulled it up and went "ewww!" because it had leaked so of course I had to practically do it for him. :rolleyes: You know they say "God loves a willing worker"? Well, we humans need one with a clue as well.

Gotta give DH credit, though -- He takes direction well. I made him pick up the flowers for DD and also for the honoree of the birthday party we went to, and they were quite nice. I'm going to upload a couple of pics in a minute here.

Kiwi

Wabby
11-15-2004, 08:00 PM
I went to bunco. I ate chicken enchiladas. I drank lemon drops. I ate pound cake w/ peppermint icecream and Dove dark chocolate sauce. I didn't win any money. I didn't lose any more weight (duh). That was my weekend.

Kiwi, good DH training.

Sugar, I think my darling days are over.

DH is at the dentist right now having 2 teeth extracted. That's what he gets for having a dentist phobia. It's been 5 years since he went to the dentist. Can you believe that??? Thank goodness he doesn't have to have mammograms. That would never happen.

Kiwonk
11-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Heck, I go to the dentist twice a year, and I still had to have a tooth extracted. :p (Hey! Why don't they have poutyface smilies?) I think we're all falling apart by degrees.

I have absolutely nothing to say. Well, except for I got the coolest big fat pitcher from my sissy for my birthday. See? It's as big as a watermelon ;)

Kiwi

Bagzz
11-15-2004, 11:06 PM
:) :) :) oh my gawwwwwwwwwwdddddddddddddd====you know my BOYFRENN the little nineteen {as of last week} year old Canadian Idol!!! wellllll------my darling dd18 MET him today {by hanging outside the tv station in Nova Scotia} all by herself======he came out of the station and gave her an autographed photo,and then let someone take a pic of them together==============CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---i will send the pic when i get it,as you all know ---if i can't have him,i will let dd ----------KIWONKERS---HOW WAS CLOSING NIGHT????ARE YOU DEPRESSED???? I WOULD BE CRYING AND WATCHING RERUNS OF THE VIDEOS BY NOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS PEACH ON THE POUND REMOVAL!!!!!XOXOXXO I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT KALAN!!!! :) :) :)

Cowpernia
11-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Kiwi is that a little seedless melon? Not a family-feeder, right?

Bagzzzzzz, this adoration of children is out-of-style. It went out with Brooke Shields and Fabian. You must stop this and develop an infatuation with Andy Williams.

I just bought glasses. My first. Since they and I will be inseperable (like Bagz and the teenybopperboy) I got the zilliion dollar ones.

Now, let's talk about hair color. I've been using that kind that's supposed to wash out in 28 days. I'm tired of it. What now? Lahunnny needs to round up her circle and weigh in here. I'm sure Wabby knows but I suspect Wabby goes to the salon. Must I? Too $$$$

Wabby
11-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Ooooo! Bagzie! I'm sure he'd make a wonderful son in law.

I did the 4 mile super challenge walk on Sunday and today, and 2 miles yesterday and I was rewarded w/ the scales finally hitting 1-5-0 today!!! It's funny that on the way up that weight depressed me, but on the way down, it's a reason to celebrate! I've been doing the walk videos for at least 4x's a week for over a month now and it's amazing how much better I sleep, how improved my mood is.

Kiwi, I looooove your pitcher. It would be wonderful filled w/ margies. or those Lemon Drops we had at bunco. I will post the recipe for them someday. They had lemonade concentrate, vodka, and triple sec. Served in a glass rimmed w/ super fine sugar. mmmmm. I also have a new cheese dip recipe if anyone is interested. really yummy.

Cowper, I do go to the salon for color, but since its only highlights, I can get away with only about 3 or 4 times a year. And I've been going to the same person for at least 15 years and she does it for 15 year old prices. She loves me. I give her Ginger Pear Butter. I will pay for haircolor, but my glasses are the cheapest Costco glasses I could find. They are hideous, but I only wear them at night after I take out my contacts. Tell us about your zillion dollar glasses.

Poor DH is miserable w/ his dental work, and his face is swollen. ouch.

Lush does need to check in. We need to know whats up. I need family advice, especially since we've gone and invited my siblings for Thanksgiving now. Thats our limit, though. Only my very own immediate family for Christmas. The problem with inviting the family members that you love to have around is that then you have to invite the ones who make you crazy.

Kiwonk
11-16-2004, 04:47 PM
Yeah, that's one of those little round melons. They came 2 to a net bag, I think so you could use them for a costume...

Oh, good idea, Wab! Here I was thinking of using that pitcher for juice or milk or something and I'd totally missed the point! I must be overtired or something. Who wants to come over for margies?

I've never colored my hair. Do I have to? The stray grays go well with my reading glasses.

I'm very impressed with Wabbit for keeping up with the walking vids and losing weight!! Yay!! :cheer: I raked for 20 minutes this morning. It exhausted me.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-16-2004, 05:00 PM
please post the cheese dip recipe.

the pitcher looks just fine as watermelon holder, I think. How are those melons? Saw them at Sam's .. explaining why they were not sold by the "one."

Also, Sam's has wonderful Land'o'lakes assortments of hot chocolate mix which I think would be a good Christmas present for someone.

My zillion dollar glasses has "progressive" lenses and brown metal frames. I tried on lots of frames and found that the pricier, the better I liked their look. How does that work? They put in extra shape for the bucks?

Wabby
11-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Cheese Dip

8 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces blue cheese
1 small can chopped black olives, drained & chopped finely again
3 finely chopped green onions
dash garlic salt
dash worcestershire sauce

combine all ingredients, can be shaped into ball & rolled in chopped nuts.

This is really good and even if you aren't a blue cheese fan, lots of ppl didn't even know it had blue cheese in it, just thought it was yummy.

Kiwi, of course you don't have to color your hair. You have good hair. I started having color added because it makes my hair corser. I have fine, baby hair that is a pain because it never looks good without a ton of hair products and messing around with. All my hair genes went into my eyelash production. I have crappy hair, but the longest eyelashes of anyone I've ever met. Go figure.

Kiwonk
11-17-2004, 05:45 PM
I got stiffed in the eyelash department, although they are very dark, so I guess that makes up for their dearth.

Those little watermelons are surprisingly good -- very juicy and sweet. I think Sams has a lot of good ideas for gifts, too. I made notes of what I wanted while I was there...

I spent 2 hours trying to decide what color jacket I should exchange my new LLBean barn jacket for. It's "British Khaki" and it's too yellowish. DD says light blue. It took me 2 hours to figure out she was right.

How about the Lemon Drop recipe? I need to try out my new pitcher...

Kiwi

SugP
11-17-2004, 07:16 PM
But I will anyway. Busy with bookworm birthday crapola. You give them an inch and they take a yard, or however that saying goes. Next time anyone calls wanting ME to call other people and persuade them to bake cakes I will make use of spy phone and pretend not to be home.

I am forced use copious amounts of cheap semi-permanent hair dye from the drugstore, for I have not been blessed with long, taffy-coloured hair but rather with floppy mousy-brown hair that makes me fade into the woodwork. Nor can I afford to shell out the big bucks at the Beauty Silo. Doin' ok in the eyelash department, though. Thank the higher power of your choice for small mercies. :D

Besides the fact that she makes a mean cheese dip, our adorable, long-lashed, skinny-as-a-rake Wabby is living proof that exercise works! Darn. Must do some sometime.

Light blue is fabulous! Those khaki colours can be so tricky.

I will be SO glad when this week is over. I'm thinking about taping my mouth closed with duct tape so I won't stress eat between meals. That's how fat I am.

Cowpernia
11-17-2004, 10:32 PM
Sugar, tell about your spy phone!

Bagzz
11-18-2004, 07:45 AM
just in case you are interested in the pain and discomfort of others {me of course}---i had a VERY uncomfortable procedure performed on my LIP yesterday---I had this thing that seemed like a long skinny cyst that was irritating the inside of my upper lip---naturally i asked about it last april and naturally it took til end of September to see a Plastic Surgeon and of course it took til YESterday to get a clinic appointment {we have "free" medical care but unless you are dying you have to WAIT}---Anyway---i had two LONG and SKINNY needles slid into my lip {"DON'T MOVE OR WE HAVE TO START OVER!!!}--To freeze the nerve or what ever and then they put a cloth
OVER MY FACE!!!! with a hole for them to work on===i am SOOO claustrophobic i made them move it a little so i could at least peek out the hole----ANYWAY---they got the "thing" out and now my mouth is puffed out with stitches itching and i look like someone who misjudged their collagen implants {and installed them themselves}---AND IT HUUUUURTS----okay --now for the upside----my mouth is too sore to eat. :^: AND THAT IS THE ONLY REASON I DIDN'T STALK MY CANADIAN IDOL YESTERDAY---HE WAS EVEN AT HUBBY'S TV STATION AND I COULD HAVE "JUST HAPPENED TO DROP BY" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GROSS.{THE THING in my mouth was a "calcified" artery----how is that for DISGUSTING!!!! :mad: :mad:

SugP
11-18-2004, 11:48 AM
My goodness, Bagzie! Poor you. I would have passed out when they put the thing over my face. Thank goodness they got the THING out and at least knew what it was. Maybe you'll get a chance to see your fabulous new boyfriend when your lip isn't puffy any more. :coffee:

Went to the doc today and my blood pressure is still high so next week I have to wear one of those 24 hr monitor thingies. Ugh. How convenient. I also have fluid in one of my ears. Yippee. Once you hit 40 you go downhill FAST, I tell ya.

Dh is being a hudda-head this week. No fun for him. He just doesn't get that it takes two to make a relationship. Pthhh. I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow when I get more than 3 hours of sleep like a got last night. Hurricane force winds outside and just general crappy, depressing November weather. Must dig out my Wellies.

Peachy! I promise I'll mail ya when the bookworm thing is finally over!!

Kiwonk
11-18-2004, 05:23 PM
i had a VERY uncomfortable procedure performed on my LIP yesterday
---naturally i asked about it last april and naturally it took til end of September to see a Plastic Surgeon and of course it took til YESterday to get a clinic appointment {we have "free" medical care but unless you are dying you have to WAIT}--- You poor thing, I hope it heals fast. I had to have a "procedure" done last Friday -- on my birthday -- at the gyn. office. Actually it didn't hurt, she just snipped a polyp or something. But geez, all this medical stuff is getting kind of ominously frequent, wouldn't you say? How udderly annoying. Here's the flip side of the "free" med. care situation: my regular gynecology checkup may cost me $185 because my stupid insurance company claims I should be having it at my "primary care physician" Oh no, I don't think so, people, I will not be standing in stirrups with the family doctor. Insurance companies are evil.Went to the doc today and my blood pressure is still high so next week I have to wear one of those 24 hr monitor thingies. Ugh. How convenient. I also have fluid in one of my ears. Yippee. Once you hit 40 you go downhill FAST, I tell ya. Lord, that sounds like a real fun way to spend the week. I'm picturing the thumping of your heartbeat reverberating in the fluid in your ear. You think you weren't getting any sleep this week, just wait, eh? My blood pressure is up too. I guarantee it has to be stress. We should both get a prescription from the doctor saying that our DHs have to follow prescribed activities for our health: take out the garbage, say only nice things, take care of the kids for a while every day (or my case stop butting in every conversation with her when I'm trying to make simple arrangements), bring us little gifts, limit guitar playing to 30 minutes (oh, that's probably just me), help with the dishes, do the yardwork... it's all for our health, how can they refuse?

Later gators.
Kiwi

Bagzz
11-19-2004, 11:46 AM
thank you darlings for your concern---thankfully you all have problems as well so i can dwell on all of our irksome events at once---some friends and sissy and i were supposed to go to a dinner and concert event with a favourite singer {bruce guthro}---it is tonight---my friend "am" who is on chemo for her colon cancer doesn't feel like sitting through dinner,my mouth is throbbing and sissy doesn't even get in from new jersey til after supper----------the tickets were fifty bucks and my poor chemo friend had sprung for all of them as a way to thank people for their support----as it stands we are planning to skip the three course meal and try to take in the concert at 10 pm----we even had a table up front BLAHHHHHHHHH---goes to show you can't plan in advance at our decrepid age :devil: :devil: :devil: COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN-----oh yes---i keep expecting to develop flesh eating disease as well----i don't trust hospitals=====kiwi!!!! that is a terrible charge for the gynnie appt---you can have anyone do it here IF YOU CAN GET A DAMN APPOINTMENT!!!--- actually they have a reproductive health clinic that you can get that stuff done pretty quickly-----you really don't have to pay around here but the service is sllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww--and the taxes are higggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! ohmygawd i need coffee and drugs------------------it is almost noon and i haven't had either----advilllllllllll hellllllllllllllp mmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-------WABBY!!! DONT' WORRY ABOUT THAT MONITER THING---MY FRIEND HAD IT AND AT LEAST YOU WILL GET A DEFINITIVE ANSWER---- now that you are loosing weight your pressure may adjust downward too!!! :^: :^:

Bagzz
11-19-2004, 11:50 AM
this year i WANT CHRISTMAS CARDS FOR SURE--- and don't be like me and send them months late----WHO IS IN AGREEMENT!!! LET US ALL AGREE!!!! PUT YOUR NAME ON THE LIST AND GET TO IT --------------I WANT IT =-------------WANT WANT WANT-----------AND I WANT ONE FROM THE LONESTAR STATE!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: MERRY CHRISTMAS :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cowpernia
11-19-2004, 02:50 PM
This color is Dim Gray and it fits me. I am gray and I am dim. I don't know what to do about my hair. I could have it streaked like Bagz's boyfriend, I guess.

Sugar, what's with your bp and is Wabby's up, too? What are you eating? I demand to know. Is it all those sausage and potatoes and beer? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: I didn't lose weight this week although I was very good except for the bag of chocolate I ate.

Bagzz
11-19-2004, 03:28 PM
what the **** are you doing to loose weight you chocolate peach???what the ****???

Wabby
11-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Oh cowsies, I didn't say a thing about my blood pressure or wearing a monitor. That was Kiwi and Sugar. Reading glasses are next on our list. :lol: I haven't even been around for days because I'm having trouble getting on to 3fatchicks thru my new internet connection. I don't know what to do, because AOL won't work soon. Does anyone else feel like this website has more spyware and pop ups connected to it than anywhere else on the web??? I hope I don't get banned for that comment.... back to the blood pressure... mine is high if I don't take meds for it. I'm hoping I can get rid of the pills if I stick with the exercise. I did 4 mile super challenge yesterday (1 hr or exercise!!) and 2 miler today. and I've dipped the scale into the 140's!!!! just barely in the 140's - 149- but I'm feeling pretty happy about it. I'm hoping I don't do too much damage over the Thanksgiving holiday.

I go to my general practitioner for gyn exams, but I picked her because I figured I'd feel comfortable with her in that regard. She's very bright, very nice and in her 30's.

Bagzie, I want a Christmas card!!! Lots of Christmas cards. I guess that means I'd have to actually get my act together and send some out.

Cowpernia
11-19-2004, 04:21 PM
since you ask Baggie-bottom, I'm on the South Peach diet. I really am happy with it as it's the way I like to eat mostly.

Wabbo, no reading glasses yet? I will be happy to get my new everything-glasses next week. I think. Maybe.

Bagzz
11-19-2004, 05:00 PM
i was wondering why wabby's tickertape said she wasn't 150-------i think it's the orang-ee avatar i was focusing on-=----------weird that we both were wrong----losers-----PEACHERS-----I THOUGHT SOUTH BEACH RESTRICTED FRUIT??? I HATE THAT----------------WHAT THE ?>????? OH WELL====CONGRATS TO YOU FOR SURE---I AM ON THE FAT LIP DIET=--=-=-I CAN ONLY EAT UNTIL IT HURTS TOO MUCH.

Cowpernia
11-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Fruit? Who cares about fruit? I want chocolate. Anyway, it's only restricted for two weeks, I think. Do you have my current address? Don't mail it wrong like you usually do. And put pictures of kids in it. Load it up!

Bagzz
11-19-2004, 07:05 PM
SEND ME YOUR REAL ADDRESS---I LOSE EVERYTHING---EXCEPT WEIGHT!!! HAHAHAHA---I HAVE AN IDEA---SEND AROUND A MESSAGE WHERE WE CAN PUT OUR CURRENT ADDRESSES FOR THE CHRISTMAS CARD EXTRAVAGANZA---AND PREPARATION FOR PERFECT 05----------HAHAHAHAH WHAT A LAUGH-----TO THINK WE THOUGHT WE WERE OLD BEFORE PERFECT 99-----------HAHAHAHAH WHAT OLD BAGS WE ARE!!!! AND FAT TOO !!!HAHAHAHAHA!!! [OKAY WABS AND PEACHASS ---YOU AREN'T FAT,SO WHO'S COUNTING!!!} :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cowpernia
11-20-2004, 12:22 PM
Good morning. Just showing off my new ticker.

Kiwonk
11-20-2004, 03:01 PM
skinny beach

Kiwonk
11-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Good grief, Wab, I've had reading glasses for about 5 years now! Join the old people club!

I haven't found that 3fc is too bad on the popups and I don't ever get spyware from it -- I check for spyware frequently because our other computer is always infested with it for some reason (I don't use it to come here). I get one popup ad when I get to 3fc; usually I just close it and it never comes back until the next time I come into the site. I have a link to a website that might help you: http://WindowsSecrets.com/041104 I just read it. Do you have XP on your computer?

Good idea on exchanging addresses. I'll send mine and you can all add your addresses to it and send it back to everybody.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
11-21-2004, 02:29 AM
Is that really you in your avatar Bagzz? You oughta be in pictures....BEAUTIFUL.

Sorry to have been awol so long. I've been knitting for the holidays. Carpal Tunal here we come. And sleeping. And wanting to bake and eat rather than run jump and reduce. Arrgh. DD and DS are going to be in MA with exH, their Dad, for Thanksgiving. DH and I wangled a feast invite with gourmet cooks with darling grandchild.... We skipped the 8 hour drive to boring in-laws this year.... per DH's dictum.

Is mars in retrograde? I'm post hysterectomy'd and have been feeling weepy and PMS'ish. I think the holidays are making me miss the mother I never had. Other people have mothers who are sweet and adorable to them..... :bb: :bb: :stress:

Cowpernia
11-21-2004, 10:58 AM
I'm with you, Painty. Bagzes boyfriend DOES look like a GIRL. IN FACT, LOOKS LIKE HER!! Which is why she loves him. I think people who look like me are the most attractive also.

Painty, I don't miss the mom I never had but now that you mention it, I may start doing so.

PainterWoman
11-21-2004, 12:11 PM
I have a pizza hangover. In more ways than one.
ARrrrrrrrrrrgh. Stop me before I beat myself stupid. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kiwonk
11-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Cut that out. Beating yourself up will not result in weight loss. So why expend the energy?

Yeah, that's a cute little BF Bagzie has. Probably make a good accessory for her public appearances. Arm candy. Hope there's no fighting with DD involved.

Did I ever tell you I have a kiwi on top of my computer monitor? Not the fruit, the bird. Just thought I'd share.

Kiwi

SugP
11-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Did I ever tell you I have a kiwi on top of my computer monitor? Not the fruit, the bird. Just thought I'd share.
Kiwi

I have a rubber bat, Rex, Boo, Roz, Mike Wazowski, a weird looking mouse and a tiny little man in a red suit. Discuss.

I actually put off procrastinating today for a bit and did some stuff for tomorrow that I knew I'd never get done if I left it. Make sense?

PainterWoman
11-21-2004, 09:39 PM
I have my wireless adapter on top of my monitor. And dust. Nothing else. Pathetic.

Just tried to whip finances into shape by figuring how to transfer bank/credit card info to computer. It won't work because my version of Quicken is antiquated. How can something named "Deluxe 2000" be defunct? Jeez.The world is f'ing passing me by. I should just sit in my rocking chair and give up, I guess. I am feeling slow and dumb. Dumb and dummber. Dumberer. Oh, and ANGRY, too.
Now that I know there will be A Christmas card exchange, I'd better get cracking on them. Don't dust your mail box until late December though...It'll take me that long to get inspired/organized.
DD and i went out for dinner after a bit of gardening and woodworking. : I had chicken breast (just had half) and brocoli and mushrooms with peppers and onions. Probably sauteed in lard or something equivalent to arsenic, but tasted very good. I want to take a nap. it is 7:41 pm. I don't want to call it a day. The day won. I am lost. :yawn: :cry:

Kiwonk
11-22-2004, 12:36 AM
I have a rubber bat, Rex, Boo, Roz, Mike Wazowski, a weird looking mouse and a tiny little man in a red suit. Discuss.

I actually put off procrastinating today for a bit and did some stuff for tomorrow that I knew I'd never get done if I left it. Make sense?Makes perfect sense to me. I unprocrastinated on the laundry this evening. After roasting a leg of lamb for dinner! Mmm the whole house smells like garlic and rosemary. I'm saving the leftover roast potatoes and gravy for my midnight snack. What do you mean I'm not supposed to be eating midnight snacks!?

Hm. I get the rubber bat and the weird mouse and the tiny little man, maybe (Santy?). But Rex, Boo, Roz, Mike Wazo, not so sure about them. Pets?

Hey, Painty, don't give up! You're doing great -- gardening, woodworking and what sounds like a healthy dinner! DH uses Quicken as well and the impression I get is that they have pretty good support -- maybe they could help you set up for what you want, or upgrade your package.

Kiwi

As you can see, my kiwi has company -- my DD brought me the little piggie from Quebec last spring.

Kiwonk
11-22-2004, 12:54 AM
I think with a little work that could make an excellent avatar, don't you?

SugP
11-22-2004, 05:37 AM
I think with a little work that could make an excellent avatar, don't you?

For sure! Kiwis are the cutest. And the roast lamb just tops it all off. Mmmmmm! You know, eating roast potatoes and gravy at midnight is probably a lot better than eating chips or something. But what do I know?

You would have to be a mom to someone under 10 to "get" most of the stuff on top of the monitor. Mike Wazowski and the rest are McDonald's Happy Meal figures from Monsters Inc. But the things is, they don't even belong to the kids - they are MINE and hold secret meaning which I can't go into here for fear of being struck by lightening or something. :D The man in the red suit came out of a gum machine last week. He looks like a rapper or something. Definitely not Santa.

Painty! You are FAR from dumb. Don't even think that. Computer software was made to annoy us. Never trust anything with 'Deluxe' in the name. :coffee:

Bagzie's boyfriend is too, too pretty for me. He needs to go finish his homework and remember to wash behind his ears. Man, 19 year old boys didn't look like that when I was 19. Darn.

I was watching my psychic hotline show yesterday and there was this guy on called Mike Shiva who supposed to be some big psychic star in Switzerland. He mentioned that he was concerned that some people may have looked him up on the internet and not only found his real web site, but also pictures of him in Brazil with naked girls. So he says "That is absolutely not true! Don't believe everything you see on the internet. I swear I've never been to Brazil in my life...unfortunately." :lol:

It's 10:33 a.m. and I'm still hanging on the computer when I'm really supposed to be at the post office and grocery shopping and stuff BUT I am showered, dressed AND exercised. Yes, that's right, the cow that hasn't exercised in weeks forced herself to do 3 miles with Leslie this morning because at the rate I'm going, I'll probably hit 170 soon without even noticing.

Cowpernia
11-22-2004, 11:08 AM
because I know the Canadian post office does not RUSHHH things, my card to Bagz goes out today. I expect hers by August.

Cowpernia
11-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Bagzoid, please explain the Canadian Postal System. Our mailman says there are different postal rates depending on where you mail from. Everybody gets to set their own rate, he says. Why is mail so slow? Expound.

Kiwonk
11-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Because they have free health care.

I'm relieved to hear that Mike Wazowski is not some sports idol you're being forced to sport on top of the monitor. I knew the name sounded familiar, but I couldn't think of it.

I had the stupidest dream. I was taking a nap, so I set my alarm to wake up to the radio. There is only one radio station that comes in well enough to set for an alarm and it's the horrible local country station. So of course when I finally woke up there was this vile loud obnoxious country song on, and I had been dreaming that someone kept asking me what that song was, because it was really loud, and I kept yelling "I can't hear anything. I'm in denial." :lol:

I'm thawing a turkey. I haven't done a turkey in years. I actually think I'm going to have to go out and buy a decent roasting pan -- I put it in my big glass oval roaster and it's, um, a tad snug. And that was while it was all wrapped up tight in its plastic. Ever done an organic turkey, anyone? Probably has to be basted every 3 minutes, right?

Does anyone else want to throw a shoe through the computer screen because of those flashing red arrows on the right side of this page?

Later, Dahlings.

Kiwi

Wabby
11-22-2004, 04:32 PM
I mailed Thanksgiving cards to my parents, my sis & my brother. They left this morning via my office mail. Do you think they'll make it by thursday? It's iffy. I don't know nuttin' about Canadian mail. Do their mailmen have uniforms? Do they complain all the time like my mailman does?

MMMMmmmm. Kiwi, roast potatoes w/ gravy. Rosemary and garlicky leg of lamb. I can almost smell it. DH and I went out on Friday w/ our nice neighbors. Prime rib. garlic mashed potatoes. bread w/ honey butter. It was yummy. You can tell it's lunchtime here. :hungry:

My 20 lb. turkey is thawing in my fridge. I started on Saturday. Do you think it will still be a frozen brick on thursday??? I'll probably be running out at the last minute to find a fresh bird.

Sugar, atta girl on the 3 miles w/ Leslie. Leslie is becoming a pal of mine.

Painty, the world isn't passing you by - if you go to the work of figuring out all this new technology, it will just change in 6 months anyway, and all the work was for nothing. Knitting is a skill that a person can use. And it will still be useful next year.

I am so old that I thought Bagzie's beau was a girl too. Don't boys that age grow beards anymore?

There is dust on top of my monitor.

Kiwi, I have cheater glasses from the drugstore. I passed into geezer-dom when I found out I have glaucoma and have had to spend so much time hanging in the eye doc's waiting room w/ the old folks.

Time for lunch. A lovely lean cuisine spaghetti w/ diet coke. I'll have to drive to Wendy's for a side salad. Has anyone tried their new fresh fruit cup? It's yummy. Geez. I have blathered on, huh? gotta go. See yas.

Cowpernia
11-22-2004, 07:07 PM
No red arrows. I have an arm that reaches across the screen, pulls up a previously-invisible shirt and shows me a SMALL Tummy with writing on it. Don't know what it said. In denial and won't read.

Kiwonk
11-22-2004, 07:07 PM
I keep seeing that Wabbit posted a new message, but when I come to look at it, it's not here. Where are you Wabbit? You're not Lost in CyberSpace, are you?

Kiwonk
11-22-2004, 07:08 PM
There you are! Thank goodness, I thought I was losing it

Kiwonk
11-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Ohmygod, bread with honey butter.

Kiwonk
11-22-2004, 07:19 PM
No red arrows. I have an arm that reaches across the screen, pulls up a previously-invisible shirt and shows me a SMALL Tummy with writing on it. Don't know what it said. In denial and won't read.
Eww. Probably some intestinal thing. You know, "click here for nausea". heh.

Kiwonk
11-22-2004, 07:21 PM
I can't stop posting.

Bagzz
11-22-2004, 11:03 PM
i am not listening to you talk about Kalan like that----he is gorgeous to me and if he looks like a woman,then i must be GAY!!!! hee heee----old and gay that's for sure,but i did get me hair coloured today-----peachbag,our post office is just as lethargic as our health care system----and i am planning on mailing your card ON TIME THIS YEAR!!!! so THERE~~!!!!----------i am freezing go i will go to bed now,but i will address all your insane posts tomorrow!!

PainterWoman
11-23-2004, 03:36 AM
Oh, Bagzz... I must be as smart as a brick... I can see androgynous boy now....
For some of us, it is apparently easier to think of ourselves as women loving women rather than CRADLE ROBBERS!!! (I lusted after my daughter's guy friends when she was in highschool, and my son's guy friends when he was that age... Do you think I missed my adolescent flings? Duh. And as it turns out, neither child was interested in guy friends... You just never know, do you?
DH is going to upgrade Quicken for me tomorrow night. If I were smart, I'd clear off my desk/working space so he doesn't get clutterphobic. But I'd much rather send my thoughts over the air waves.
Don't expect Xmas cards before January... I haven't designed 'em yet. Yeah, another crafty have to for Painty. I'm not inspired yet, either.
Usually when the post Thanksgiving bloat gets really uncomfortable, my brain, reeling with tryptophan wakes up shouting, O MY GOD! YOU HAVEN'T DESIGNED YOUR CHRISTMAS CARDS YET... OR UPDATED THE MAILING LIST. GET to work NOW, because those little elves aren't gonna bail you out.
Will go surf elsewhere for inspiration now. :lol:

Cowpernia
11-23-2004, 11:15 AM
bagz tell about having your hair dyed. Do you have to go back every 3 weeks for a refresher? I can't afford that. I am going gray. But I don't wanna. TeLLLLLLL

Wabby
11-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Peachez, there is lots of home hair color product that is permanent. One of my bestest friends w/ lovely golden locks gets it out of a bottle right in the privacy of her own bathroom. She tells me she's been totally gray since her early 30's. I would have never known. I'm sure there's a perfect shade of rich, chestnut brown perfect for a southern belle such as yourself.

I'm not artistic like our Paintypants and Bagzie. I'll have to buy some handmade cards from my friend who is. Such pressure. What ever happened to buying Hallmark?

The turkey still seems pretty frozen. What should I do? Is it time to panic yet?

2 miles w/ Leslie this am.

Wabby
11-23-2004, 03:21 PM
I thought of something I wanted to post, but by the time I got here, I forgot what it was. OOOOhhhhh I hate getting oldtimers disease. Now what was I thinking about??? Geez. Oh yes, I'm reading Widow for One Year because Lush said it was even better than a Prayer for Owen Meaney. Now she's too busy to come talk about it. Lushy, where are youuuuuu?

PainterWoman
11-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Wabbs-- 2 miles... Woo hoo. good for you.

Re: froz. turkey..you can run it under cold water... But to meet health department standards, the water needs to run, not "soak" or stand....
amazing how hard those frozen critters can be... Once you get the innards out it thaws faster... so yank 'em if they're in there!

I don't have to cook. I'm hoping that precludes left over bingeing.
Bah. back to paper work.

Kiwonk
11-23-2004, 06:15 PM
I'm not artistic like our Paintypants and Bagzie. I'll have to buy some handmade cards from my friend who is. Such pressure. What ever happened to buying Hallmark? Hold on there, I'm not promising homemade cards. Some years I do a photo card, but I'm not promising that either.The turkey still seems pretty frozen. What should I do? Is it time to panic yet? Mine too. It's 14 lbs and has been in the refrigerator for 34 hours. Nice and solid. A few crunchy places, but it's not too promising. I suppose I will spend tomorrow rolling it around in the sink. I hope it fits. My understanding of water thawing is that if you change the water for fresh cold water every half hour or something, you're okay. I can't keep water running all day; I have a well. Well, maybe I could keep a small stream running over it. Once I almost killed our well filling up a swimming pool -- not even that big a one; maybe 6 feet across. Guess I'd better go to butterball.com or something. I don't have to cook. I'm hoping that precludes left over bingeing.:rofl: Nope.

I spent maybe ten minutes vacuuming earlier this afternoon and I had to take allergy medicine, my throat started itching so bad. I need a gas mask.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-23-2004, 10:18 PM
my cards are purchased. I am insulted that I may be seen as noncreative and with noncreative friends.

Lohani
11-24-2004, 01:55 AM
I have no cards. I'm not sending any. I know that isn't really new...it's just that this year I don't feel guilty. I am so busy with DD's off to college push and all of the other stuff that has to be done to keep Oprah from coming and showing the world how dirty my house is.
I'm cooking for TG. DD has to work until 4. We were lucky because no one found our schedule pleasing. So, the boys will dirtbike then we'll eat a late dinner.
Kiwi, have you tried the dollar store for glasses?
Painty, ick about the kids' friends.
I have a fresh turkey from the butcher's(so the opinion I'm about to express won't kill me if I'm wrong)...but I don't believe that frozen turkeys are as fragile as they say. The food and drug administration has no sense of adventure. I don't think that standing water is going to give you food poisoning. I usually fill the tub and dump it in.
Time to sleep...bye bye

SugP
11-24-2004, 07:01 AM
...but I don't believe that frozen turkeys are as fragile as they say. The food and drug administration has no sense of adventure. I don't think that standing water is going to give you food poisoning. I usually fill the tub and dump it in.
Time to sleep...bye bye

My thoughts exactly. Wabby, if you're reading this, I would pop that sucker in the sink on Wed. and change the water every hour or so and then stick the bird back in the fridge Wed. night to continue thawing a bit more. But you can't do that because you're a workin' woman, right? I guess you could leave it in the sink from the time you got home until you went to bed. I find the cold water thaws it out so much faster.

OK, from 10 a.m. yesterday to 10 a.m. today I had that truly annoying blood pressure thingie strapped to my person. So this is what three hours of sleep feels like. Stayed home yesterday so I wouldn't have to explain to people why I was buzzing every 15 minutes. Will find out results next Wednesday. I bet he'll tell me to exercise more and loose some weight. Pthhh.

Hey, go take this quiz: What Part of Thanksgiving are You? (http://www.blogthings.com/thanksgivingquiz.html) My results said: You are the stuffing. You are complicated and complex yet all your pieces fit together. People miss you if you're gone, but they're not sure why." :p Must go think about this. Stuffing. Hmphh.

Peachy, discussion of hair colouring options coming up later. You can't be serious that you're just starting to go grey now. You mean ALL grey or just a few strands that take away from your youthful countenance?

Any Christmas cards I send will be whatever I can rustle up when I go downtown on Friday. Bet you can't wait.

Cowpernia
11-24-2004, 11:23 AM
I am also stuffing. I guess it's better than being labeled "turkey."

Sugar, lots of grey strands especially at the hairline in front but all over. I've been using the temporary dye but it gets expensive because you have to keep doing it. Also, I learned too late that you must use a lighter color of that stuff. Darker colors become permanent so I have two-toned hair. But I'm tired of dealing with it and don't want to have to worry about grey roots when it all goes. Plus, Wabbo's friend is blonde. Wouldn't blonde be easier to put on grey and not have the roots show? I need guidance.

Nice to hear from Sissy. However, when Bagzie's TWO dd's left for college, she didn't desert us. That's why I've already sent Bagzie a card.

Wabby
11-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Crafty or store bought cards are fine by me. Faraway cards from foreign lands are always exciting (and that includes the land of Florida). Remember the glory days when Lush sent crack laced minty lentils???

I don't know if blond is easier. Is that why everyone gets blonder the older they are? DH has the problem w/ the gray mustache hairs. His minimal hairs on his head take the color really easy, but that mustache hair is tough. He's adorably vain about it. Thank goodness all my mustache hair has no gray. ;)

I checked the turkey this morning and I think it's going to be thawed. It has to thaw by this evening because I do a brined turkey that you soak in a salt water/herb brine overnight. Maybe I'll run home at lunchtime and yank his giblets. Sounds naughty. :o

I'm stuffing too. Appropriate since I'll probably be stuffed by tomorrow evening. :hungry:

Sugar, I hope your test turns out fine, you cute little buzzer.

Wabby
11-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Remember Perfect2000? How about Adequate2005? Passable2005? Any other suggestions?

Kiwonk
11-24-2004, 04:45 PM
I checked the turkey this morning and I think it's going to be thawed. It has to thaw by this evening because I do a brined turkey that you soak in a salt water/herb brine overnight. Maybe I'll run home at lunchtime and yank his giblets. I'm sure that'll work out fine -- any lasting frozen bits will be thawed by the brine. Mine's in the sink as we speak. I thought I was going to have to run the water all day, because the stupid sink stopper was leaking, but I rigged up a better plug and I'm turning the beast every so often and changing the water now and then.

Thank goodness for sitcom TV -- I thought I was going to have to run out Tuesday morning and buy a turkey roasting pan, but I watched Everybody Loves Raymond Monday night, during which Debra (the wife) pulled out her roasting pan, and I thought "Oh, that looks just like mine!" -- Wait a minute, I do have one! :doh:

I'm Mashed Potatoes. They must have gotten a sneak peek at my abs.

Lushie, you don't have to send out cards. I'm still sending you one, though. Are you gonna put your address on the list, or should I? :rollpin:

By the way, I don't need dollar store glasses, I sprang for the good ones several years ago, what are you trying to tell me? Did you steal my glasses? You broke them, didn't you?

:lol3: Just messing with you, dear.

CowPeach, blonde? Did you say blonde? Do we have to do that photo morphing thing again?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-24-2004, 06:11 PM
How about Whatever2005.

Kiwi, I so admire you kitchenness that a sitcom can remind of something you think you need but have yet never use.

No, I don't wanna be blonde. I just think that maybe blonde is easier to do on grey hair. But I have lots of brown hair left and it won't go blonde. I would look SO STUPID. Not cheap just stupid. Icky ugly.

Today, I took DS to a sushi restaurant. I am so good.

Kiwonk
11-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Granted my kitchenness is pretty sketchy, but I have used this roasting pan before -- the sad part is that even though it is sitting in plain sight in the kitchen, I didn't remember I had it.

Thawing a turkey is the most annoying way a person can spend a day.

Kiwi

Wabby
11-24-2004, 07:07 PM
The most annoying way to spend a day is to be at work, with not much to do and a zillion things I could be doing at home.

I wish all my Cowsie friends a lovely Thanksgiving day. Even you cowsies in foreign lands who don't celebrate tommorrow. I'm looking forward to 4 days off in a row and some serious chowing down. :eating2:You are all on my list of things I'm thankful for. See yas monday. :wave:

Kiwonk
11-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Thanks, Wabby!! You have a great weekend and enjoy your time off!

Cowpernia
11-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Kiwi ... just curious .. what was your weapon of choice in the kitchen? Roasting pan didn't make the list.

Kiwonk
11-25-2004, 12:43 AM
Knife. Might as well be clear when you're threatening someone.

Can't count the number of times I've said "I have a knife in my hand, you know."

PainterWoman
11-25-2004, 02:59 AM
Since there won't be left overs and hosts have postponed gorging til 4 pm, I might have to make rolls in the morning.
Good to hear from you Lohani-- I hope the ick factor wasn't tooooo potent.
I bet I'd be skinnier by now if I'd taken up running instead of knitting.

I wish all of you delightful souls a wonderful Thanksgiving and lots of blessings to count now and all year long. :moo: :moo: :moo:

Lohani
11-25-2004, 07:59 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!
Sugar, I was pumpkin pie. It said people like the way I smell. Test? I must go back and read. I hope it's nothing serious.
My hair is white and has been for over 10 years. I think sissy is lying. I won't be too nasty, because she is right that I have been negligent...not just of you guys, everyone. I don't know why. I'm not depressed or anything; I just feel hermity.
Wabby, my DH is FINALLY getting some grey hair. Don't you hate that they age slower than we do? Perfect 2000....hhs,hhs, hhs.
Kiwi, you are sweet to put me on the list. Maybe I'll send YOU some crack laced lentils. I only wear glasses for reading and I lose them all the time. So, I buy them 10 at a time at the dollar store. Maybe the reason they're so cheap is that they sneak into people's houses and steal theirs. I'll look for yours.
Painting, running is too unpleasant to contemplate.
I'm going to go do cooking stuff while I watch the Sopranos. bye

SugP
11-25-2004, 08:05 AM
In honour of y'all's Thanksgiving, I made a banana, walnut and cranberry loaf and ate half.Yum. :hun:

My house is a an absolute pit. Everything is sticky and grimy and dusty. And that's under all the crap that's lying around. Will I ever get it together? I'm an embarrassment to all domestic engineers.

Kiwonk
11-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Sugar, you're so supportive--thanks for bingeing with us.

I'm relieved to know that those lost glasses go someplace. Mine never get lost; I keep them on a cord or in a glasses case. I lose millions of things all the time (you know, like a roasting pan...) but I never lose my glasses or my keys. I guess I'm just backwards.

I've been up since 7:00 am and I'm not happy about it. I think I will assign dh the next couple of bastings and go back to bed.

Cowpernia
11-25-2004, 01:31 PM
I'm on ds's laptopand it took a while to get on so I forgot what I was gonna say.

1. Never make Kiwi mad in the kitchen. I chose tongs because I could snap them at people.

2. The reason we are not TurkeyCows is that a foreigner started this thread.

3. Sissy has always fought her popularity. She is a natural star and her hair is black. If not, send a picture. I am uncertain what to do. DS says dye it. I dunno.

4. A cute cat came to my house and I fed him. Then he beat up my cat. Then he disappeared for days so he isn't homeless. Now, I spray him with water when I see him. I am loyal.

5. I am going to a friend's house for dinner. I am taking broccoli salad which I dressed with oil and vinegar and these darling tomatoes which are DELICIOUS> By the way, I've lost another pound butwon't update the ticker til the weekend in case I gain back today.

Stuffed cherry tomatoes (http://http://www.bhg.com/recipe/recipedetail.jhtml;jsessionid=SPXTOPE2NGIUNQFIBQNR 5VWAVABB4IV0?recipeId=R043313&searchResults=true&showSearchNav=true&recipeNumber=2&resultCategory=kitchen&_requestid=37377)

Bagzz
11-26-2004, 04:33 PM
OKAY TRAMPS---I HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY THANKSGIVING BUT NOW YOU MUST CONCEDE TO CHRISTMAS DISCUSSIONS!!!---i was quite "tanked" last night---my gay friend and i had our annual fruitcake making evening and i had at least three glasses of RUM{large pourings} and NON-DIET Eggnog----with nutmeg of course---i was so tipsy that i signed him up to the Gay dot com website and started posting for him----i called myself {him}---"China Clippers"---that is a cute little name for "false teeth"---anyway---if Cherry were here she would be happy for me cause we are going to the "Great Big Sea" concert tonight!!They are a band from Newfoundland---very popular in CAnada-----i wish i could drink but i don't think i can pull off two nights in a row any more :^: as far as hair colour goes---i paid the 60 bucks and it will last for several months for me cause the grey is still fairly light------i hate doing the colour myself---i always pick the wrong colour and ruin my clothes and drop it on the floor----no getting those stains out!!---------------WISH I COULD HAVE ONE OF YOUR LEFTOVER HOT TURKEY SANDWICHES!!---LOHANI---IT IS STRESSFUL DOING THE COLLEGE THING---BUT WE MISS YOU AND YOUR SARDONIC WIT----TRY TO SHOW UP MORE OFTEN !!!! AND YOU GET A CARD LIKE IT OR NOT-----THOSE CRACK DAYS WERE AWESOME THOUGH!!!! :smug: :smug:

PainterWoman
11-27-2004, 11:36 PM
I am going to try making NEW socks for DH. fuzzy. House socks. I might get tanked, too. I've had three days off and tomorrow is another one. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

Cowpernia
11-28-2004, 04:50 PM
speaking of tanked .. at my friend's house to T-day, ds got put to the end of the table for being left handed. This, sadly, engaged him with the woman who had vodka cold from the freezer and her beer drinking bf. She went from charming DS to talking about the size of boobs, to arguing with her bf about whether or not she said "f**king*, to dismissing it with "sh**". Then friend's hubby pitty patted off to the bathroom to retrieve his new naked woman lighter. They did not show it to DS but he could hear the moaning sounds it made. Very sad.

Bagzz
11-28-2004, 08:43 PM
That is quite a story my dear Peaches!!! Methinks you had better get those friends to a prayer meeting soon! Hey guess what! I was chastised by a moderator at Television Discussion Forum. This person was offended by my poor punctuation and improper use of capitals. I guess I could be booted from here for the same reasons,but i really want to talk to him like Peacher's friends.Like f off .{ I don't take criticism well}

Wabby
11-29-2004, 08:18 PM
OK, we got turkey day over with, we can talk Christmas w/ Bagzie. We had a sloooow day today, so 2 of our most wonderful employees went to my house and put up Christmas lights. Too bad I can't talk them into cleaning my house and doing laundry. I suppose we didn't post that on their job description. Not that anyone said a word about Christmas lights. I decorated the kitchen on Saturday and I'm going to work on the rest of the house this week after work.

Thanksgiving w/ my family turned out surprisingly pleasant. Nobody got drunk and obnoxious. Surprisingly subdued. We had my extended family, my DS's friends w/o families, and my sis's friend w/o family. The turkey thawed right on schedule, and he was most yummy. Peaches, that's terrible about DS's dinner companions. Geez.

Yesterday DH & I went on the www.mthoodrr.com trip. We did the brunch train and the weather was beautiful. Perfect crisp blue skies and clear air.

Bagzie, you're obviously hanging with the wrong ppl. I like your lack of punctuations and improper use of capitols. You're totally within your rights to tell this person to F off. Who made him the king of punctuation???

Sugar, my house is a pit too. It was all nice and clean on Thursday, but it just doesn't last----- and the dust is thick----- how can it happen so fast?????

DH had another tooth pulled today, soon he'll be nothing but bridges and gums. and yes, Lushie, I hate that they age slowly and I'm on the fast track to geezerdom. no fair. He has that pretty italian complexion. no fair, no fair.

4 miles w/ Leslie this morning. I gave myself the day off on Thanksgiving, and yesterday because we had to get up early to go on the train trip, but other than that, I've been exercising every day. And I'm still up 2 pounds after the holiday gorge. :( I'm going home tonight and throw out the rest of the leftovers. Although that banana, walnut and cranberry loaf sounds good right now.

How'd the socks turn out, Painty?

Bagzz
11-29-2004, 10:35 PM
thank you wabbsie---i am going over to the Television without pity forum and telling them all to eff off.Great advice.REmember when we all had to say "****" for a while---i sense some more swearing coming down the pipes.Good. I am PMSin so that will fit in nicely.Maybe Peacher's dinner companions would like to come over and chat with me.I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOUR TRAIN RIDE WABBIE0H----HOW DELIGHFUL!!! my sixteen wreaths arrived today---my porch smells like Balsam Fir============MMMMMMMMMMMMMM=====CHRISTMAS DISPLAYS!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING DOWNT' THE KITCHEN WABS??? WHERE ARE ALL THE OTHER BAGS??

Cowpernia
11-29-2004, 11:15 PM
if you tell him to efff off, tell him that ALL THE COWS agree! You have the BEST punctuation. You are original and smart and interesting. He a bore/.

Kiwonk
11-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Oh for PITY'S sake, someone's on you for your punctuation and capitals? What a loser!

I bought 2 wreaths this afternoon at my favorite Christmas tree farm. We're not getting a tree this year because we'll be gone during the whole holiday. Even if I had the inclination to have a tree and decorate it knowing I wouldn't be here, I don't think I would because it would get all depressed knowing that there wouldn't be any presents under it that were going to be opened, don't you think? :dizzy:

Gotta reload my network software. CU later
Kiwi

Wabby
11-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Bagzie, will we get pictures of your beautiful home all decked out? Now that Martha's in the clink, you have the fairest home in the land. My kitchen decor consists of greenery around the tops of the cabinets (the fake kind of course, but I'll tuck in some real stuff for the scent when we get closer to Christmas) and a mini tree decorated w/ gingerbread boys and stars and various mini decorations that I've collected. Some snowman stuff in the window & votive candles. Christmas tray and snowman cookie jar out. Window valance made from old fashioned tea towels w/ candy cane pattern and red and green checked chair pads. I'll be picking up a wreath from the gal that cuts my hair. They also have a Christmas tree farm and she sells beautifully decorated wreathes. This is a heavy duty beauty week. Nails today. Hair tomorrow. My hair gal is getting a boobie bob next week. DH is home w/ his poor pulled tooth pain. He's getting a bridge for Christmas. Hope he's better by Saturday for our company party. It would be sad if all he could eat was oatmeal. :(

Cowpernia
11-30-2004, 02:06 PM
Bagz )))are you out protesting Bush::;;::Please tell, Will you be on the news) ,.*!? I am protesting punctuation,

Kiwonk
11-30-2004, 05:29 PM
hEYwabbIT, tHaT SOUNds ADorabLE!! yOUr hOUsE, I mEaN. I'M prOTEstInG CApITAls

Get this: DD might be playing for the GOVERNOR tomorrow!!! Her music school director called today to tell me that he will be attending open mike at the coffeehouse where DD often plays guitar and sings, and DD is psyched to do it, so I think we will! Isn't that cool? She's hoping to bring a friend of hers who plays the piano really well; they've been practicing some songs together for the variety show, so they have a couple of things they could do. He'll have to bring an electric piano with him. These two can work up a song together in no time, it's uncanny. They really work well together. Hmm, I wonder if there's anything going on....

How's that go? If music be the food of love, play on.....? I don't think I'll share that nugget with her.

Kiwi

SugP
11-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Can't post. Busy making dh a "Joke a Day" Advent calendar. Must have it read for tomorrow. He also made me one. Can't believe it. I think there's fattening stuff inside, but at least he made an effort. Am also supposed to be making cookies for ds8's craft afternoon but those will have to wait until tomorrow morning. Ds8, who is about the shyest kid in the universe, volunteered to be Father Christmas in a little play they're putting on tomorrow. Fake beard is all ready to go.

Cowpernia
11-30-2004, 05:43 PM
wow^ O WOWOOW/ KIwi that is so cool and stupdenous, I would, also,, be }beside myS}elf .<L that girl is MaKIN@@g the pas`ture prOUd\

Bagzz
11-30-2004, 09:03 PM
kiwonkers~~~!!!! this is ultra cool---I WANT TO HEAR YOUR DAUGHTER ---NOW GO MAKE A CD OF HER OR SOMETHING----GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!!!---how about her trying out for American Idol!!!!-----ohhhhhhhhhh FIRST TIME PRESIDENT BUSH HAS BEEN TO CANADA IN HIS ENTIRE PRESIDENCY!!! IMAGINE THAT---FOUR YEARS AND HE COULDN'T STOP BY!!!--- there are alot of Peace Protests and the like in Ottawa and tomorrow in Halifax---maybe i will see if my daughter can get her picture with him!!!she likes to have her pic with Celebrities~~!!!!-----Bush was funny today---he thanked the Canadians who were at the airport waving to him "with all five fingers"!!! haha

Kiwonk
11-30-2004, 11:03 PM
oo, that's pretty edge-y for Bush! Of course he knows perfectly well Canadians think he's a dink.

Lohani
12-01-2004, 08:16 AM
F-ing DH and I are watching the f-ing Sopranos. We started with the first f-ing show and we're up to the third f-ing season. Maybe we need something better to do.
DS 12 is sinking into his yearly bout of pneumonia. The f-ing dr has hit him with 15 different medicines to see if we can duck it this year. No f-ing way, he seems to be sinking regardless of the fact that I'm about 500 f-ing dollars in the f-ing hole with those f-ing co-pays.
Today we're planning to decorate the f-ing house. F-ing DH thinks we should keep the family room couch where it is and get a smaller tree. F that. The minute he clears the f-ing driveway, we're moving the couch across the f-ing room and making way for a f-ing 12 footer.
Congrats to the Kiwiette!!!!!
bye

Cowpernia
12-01-2004, 08:33 AM
I've never seen the F-ing Sopranos. Imagine the deprivation.

Bagzz
12-01-2004, 10:55 AM
"f-that."------------------LUSHIE!!! YOU KILL ME!!! THANKS FOR THE SERIOUS LAUGHING SEIZURE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Bagzz
12-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Ps-------------okay Peach-stick!!! Remember Not To Looose Too Much Weight!!! At Our Age You Must Remember ---"it's Yer Effin Face Or Your Effin A$$" You Can't Have Both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowpernia
12-01-2004, 02:08 PM
was just thinking this morning that I have given up on my face. DO NOT LOOK AT YOUR REFLECTION IN A CAR WINDOW when you have to look DOWNNNN

Wabby
12-01-2004, 03:08 PM
and don't forget to never f-ing be the one on top during s*x. or keep the black out shades drawn.

We did the Sopranos marathon last year when I bought the first season on dvd for DH. we sat thru the first season, then went out and bought the other seasons. then we had to get HBO so we could watch the current season. I can't believe that next year is the last of them.

I got a new Leslie tape - 3 mile fat burner- I almost went up in effing flames today.

Kiwi, what a proud mama cow you must be!!!! And now Sugar's little one is starting his acting career!

SugP
12-01-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm about to wet myself. Lauging so hard I can barely type!!! You guys are TOO funny. I'm not funny today, just f-ing tired. There, I said the f-word.

Ds8 was very cute as Father Christmas but it was an English play and he insisted on putting on a German accent so he'd sound like the other kids even though he doesn't have an accent when he speaks English. Peer pressure starts in 3rd grade, I guess.

Kiwi! Your darling is making us all proud! What a girl!

PeachFace - I'm on the verge of emailing you. Really. Just can't seem to find a moment's peace.

Must go order clothes online despite severe lack of weight loss. I have nothing to wear and a big dinner thingie to go to in 10 days. Dh's best friend's brother-in-law who is also our travel agent's 50th birthday bash. Must look my best. Won't be that difficult because I know I'll get to sit next to Cousin Vera who wears mini skirts and doesn't shave her legs.

Kiwonk
12-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Must look my best. Won't be that difficult because I know I'll get to sit next to Cousin Vera who wears mini skirts and doesn't shave her legs.
F-ing 'ell!!!! What a hoot! Yes, Sug, you'll the hottest motherf-er there just by shaving your legs! Go, Sugar!

Well, tonight fell through. Blame the f-ing weather or the f-ing governor for cancelling, but we're not going. 'ell, why bother entertaining the f-ing masses if the f-ing governor's not going to f-ing be there anyway?

I can't f-ing keep this up. I haven't watched the f-ing Sopranos in a while. I have watched this f-ing HBO show called the Family Bonds, which is almost as replete with f-words, but it really doesn't get under your skin like The Sopranos.

F-ing 'ell, Bye!!

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-01-2004, 05:54 PM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~!!!!! SOCK!!!!TIME TO START A NEW @#$%@@ TOPIC MY DARLING CHRISTMAS H'effers!!!!!

PainterWoman
12-01-2004, 08:37 PM
I am laughing my f'ing ears off... unfortunately they don't weigh much and don't help me get into slinky skirts, etc. Shaving legs doesn't help get into slacks either. You guys are a riot. Sorry you all have so much REAL cold weather. I'm chilled though.. Yeti socks I'm knitting are making my wrists hurt, clients are going nuts, and Hershey's has put out "special issue" MINT CHOCOLATE NUGGATS. OH GOSH.

Kiwonk
12-02-2004, 12:26 AM
Uh-oh. Mint chocolate nuggets. Be afraid. I wonder if I will find any Mint M&Ms this year.

I was going to get back on the exercise wheel on Monday (yep, I'm a hamster). I didn't. And I'm getting really stressed out. Tonight after an entire day of rain, the kitchen ceiling started leaking again (no big surprise, but good god it's depressing). I had leftover smorgasbÝrd for dinner (we had been planning to go to Subway or something before DD would be playing at the coffeehouse; since that was out, I had to face the refrigerator full of leftovers). I get so tired of tracking everyone (all 2 of them :shrug: ) down to see what they will eat when I heat up leftovers, that I just heated up everything, kept it all warm in the oven while I did the next thing, then took it all out of the oven together, whipped off the tinfoil and Voila! Dinner! Help Yourself! Oh well, could have been worse; I could have had to cook something new.....

So then I went to my meeting I was planning to blow off in favor of exciting musical happenings and now I figured I'd better go to. It was still pouring rain. For some reason, the meeting stressed me out further -- I found out DH and I had gotten misinformation from the guidance office during parent conferences -- what's wrong with those people? And they have scheduled one of the 2 weekly show choir practices on Monday, when we have to spend the whole afternoon in OtherTown. So I was stressed out and purchased chocolate on the way home. Then the computer further stressed me out--I had to reload the stupid network again. The chocolate wasn't enough, frankly. I feel the need for a serious binge. Or maybe a good drunk.

I don't deal well with Decembers.

When am I going to get back on the exercise wheel? Tomorrow?

Kiwi