Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 08:17 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Tasty Tuesday

Hi All,

I did well points wise yesterday, I even resisted chocolate so yah! I worked late and luckily BF had made dinner so I ate that and ended the day at 25 points whcih isn't bad at all.

Jess: I know it's a disease, it's still a little discouraging, but I know it wasn't as bad as it is sometimes... I look on the bright side, at least I recognized it and I did eventually manage to stop. I also realize I was getting a little too complacent so it's all a learning experience.

Lori: yah on the exercise!!! Mayeb start logging your klicks/miles to see how far you go each month.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-09-2004, 08:30 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ali
I woke up chattering this AM we need insulators for oru airconditioners so I'm the abomidable snow kier in Woool I love wool esp lambswool ok enough of that
Good job with Points lady I have to break out my ww stuff and manage points
ALthough Today I did the clothes test DH stopped at my moms last night b/c shehad found a stockpile of pants (considering my laundry sitch this was a godsend) and so I have a no "womens" 18 jeans on and everything on the jeans is a bit loose except for the tummy area which is comfortable ie I'm not doing the "these jeans really fit gasping for breath.
Its a hot food day b/c baby its cooooooold outside I'm going to try some stretching and shake it at 4!
Lori! So nice to see you lady
Jess I just got my first scrapbooking stuff and I'm lost and a bit intimidated! HELLLLLP
OH! THe soup I made yesterday became stew it was amazing I tossed a near east rice mix in a can of white beans carrots and frozen green beans DH inhaled it it was soo good
bbiab
Old 11-09-2004, 09:49 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Hey girls!! I am going to join the Shake it challenge - I can stil do that, just not WW!!

My doc visit was great - he confrimed I am about 5 weeks along, and my due date is July 11. And he told me not to obsess about how much weight I gain, but just to maintain my exersise level and increase it slightly. HE said no marathons, but now is agood time to get my body ready for the birthing and I have nine months to really work on it. But I am not allowed to work out til I am tired - so more often, less intensity is a better idea.

He said to do it over the next few weeks - four or five - and at the sixth week, I should maintain that level as much as I can. I'll have to eat more at that point to keep up with this parasite. I liked that advice - it made me feel a bit better, being an overweight mom-to-be and all.

Jess and Lori - good to see you girls on the board again!! Jess, I can't offer you any advice for the dog...I'd have brought her home already. In fact, there is one on the buletin board at work I want to bring home too but I think with our dog and a baby on the way DH will have a very firm NO WAY BELLE for me...I am a bleeding heart for dogs...well, all animals, really.

Lori - woo hoo on the working out! thanks for the challenge!

Ali - I am so proud - resisting chocolate!! I can't do that. good for you woman!!

Kier - it's actually warm here and we turned off our heat!! I am sending you warm vibes!!

OK must get some work done - another busy day....

Ciao for now
Old 11-09-2004, 09:59 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Belle: your doc sounds good! Activity is great and will make the whole birthing process easier from what I have heard. Apparently in your second trimester you'll have tons of energy so take advantage of that. I am so happy for you BTW. It's cold here now, but I shall run on my lunch hour!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-09-2004, 10:03 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Kierie: It's cold here too... I so need to make a pot of garden veggie soup!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-09-2004, 12:16 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

ooooh that sounds great
Although the one time I made it it didn't come out well i think i flubbed Mom and gram are off to PA today to look for houses i found them a gorgeous victorian online i want it for myself! but its in PA and I don't really want to live there
So tonight DH and I are starting the big rearrange hopefully get the mountain of laundry out of the bathroom
Jess I'm a bleeding heart for dogs if we could have one here i'd prolly have 4 lol
Old 11-09-2004, 01:16 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm thinking of reevaluating my weight goal to being 130 according to the ww website thats the higher end of where i'm supposed to be. What do you guys think should I keep 115 or shoot for 130 and re re evaluate as I go along?
Old 11-09-2004, 05:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Kierie - I think you should shoot for 130, and then rethink it once you hit it. It might feel good, or it might feel like you need to lose more. But you don't really know forsure until you get there.

So my update? I'm on day 3 of South Beach, and was so sick last night I almost called 911... this is my theory why! Since my body is detoxing and cleaning itself out, everythign seems to be amplified, so last night when my period cramps hit, it was 10 times as bad. And I took advil instead of my regular ibuprofen. I was up most of the night crying, and let out a few screams.. and was thinking I was dying. I'm alright now though! So I am going to continue to take mass amounts of calcium (which was my saving grace last night), and hope that I never get those kinds of cramps again! It was in my cyatic nerve, which runs thru your butt.. eek, I don't even wanna think about it! Anywho! I jumped on the scale, and was proved right.. once I stop having sugar and wheat my body literally drops weight. I am down 4 pounds. To where my current ticker is ( I had gained 4 pounds), now I'm only 2 pounds from being out of the 260's!! Thats kinda depressing.. lol..

I am off to eat, I have the day off because I called in sick.. so i'm going to take it easy.. Take care gals

-Aimee
Closed Thread