Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#14)

Sherry
11-07-2004, 06:34 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/frog

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

gdeann
11-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Sherry, I love your little pillow fighting angels!!! I wore shorts today too... can you believe this weather? We have either extremely cold or very warm days here this season... no in between. I have a feeling though, once it decides to get cold for good, it could be a rough winter.

I am averaging one day NOT OP out of the week. Today I did ok until tonight...chinese food at my favorite place! Back to drinking gallons of water!

ShelleyM
11-08-2004, 05:47 AM
Gayle-On Body for Life, they allow you 1 day not OP. I think some of us need that in order to stay OP. You are doing great! Thank you for all of your input for a shower. I am forwarding it to my computer at school so that I can show my friend.

4myloves
11-08-2004, 09:42 AM
I tried Body for Life. Right now I can't remember exactly why it didn't work for me. Probably because I didn't work IT the right way. Too much food, and, at that time, I didn't know a thing about the gym. I had a membership (it was when I was living in Newport), but I didn't know how to use any of the equipment or anything. It really makes a difference when you have someone standing beside you making sure your form is right and you are working to your max.

gdeann
11-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Cheryl, I just glanced at your mini goal~~~~GREAT JOB! YOU GO GIRL!

4myloves
11-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Thanks, Gayle!

I'm quite proud of that myself. Of course, this four-day week-end will be the real test for me!

ShelleyM
11-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Cheryl-I never lost much on BFL either. I used to lift some very heavy weights though at 4:30 in the morning!! You have a 4 day weekend??? Lucky you!!

Carol101
11-09-2004, 07:51 AM
Here is Carol the lurker.... I have been reading, but not posting. Sorry.

Gayle: Your doing great. One day off a week... I wish I could be so lucky. BTW Loved your ideas for the party!!

Sherry: Motivation... what is that.. If you find some, please, please, share!! I love your Frog!!! Did you ever find out about those arthritis meds that your Dad takes?? Thanks for thinking of me.

Cheryl: WTG... your doing wonderful. I bet you feel great too!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Dee: Congrats on your loss.... I think of you often and wonder how you survivor your ordeal. I pray for your speedy recovery after this next surgery!!! {{{Hugs}}}

Shelley: I hope everything works itself out at home.

Debbie: Hope is all on the upswing at your house. I pray daily that James will make a full and complete recovery and you can get back to living life to the fullest!!!! Love ya girl!!!

Have a great OP day to all my Floozie Friends!!!

gdeann
11-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Carol, don't be a lurker, we love hearing from you! I'm having a very difficult time staying motivated to stay OP too... I'm not feeling real well, so I want to humor myself with little treats and rich foods. Sounds like I better have a visit with Dr. Phil and see what my problem is! :-) Are you feeling better?

Vickster, same goes for you, we love hearing from you too! But...I guess your just wayyyyyyy toooooooo busy with MIL to spend time with us girls!!! LOL!

Shelley, I hope you can get a few ideas from the shower suggestions. I received an invitation yesterday that asked for the guest to bring the gift unwrapped, this way the bride to be could spend more time visiting. Personally, I like seeing all of the pretty and creative packages/wrappings people come up with.

Cheryl, did you have your fries last night? It sounds like Steve is your perfect match as a trainer. I'm sure it helps to have someone you click with, to motivate you. I'm going to be nosey here...tell me to mind my own business if you want...are you and Stewart still together? I know at one time you told him your feelings about the relationship, I just wondered if you two were still a couple.

Working on craft show stuff, a special order, laundry etc. today!
HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!!

gdeann
11-09-2004, 09:59 AM
I just HAD to post again! I just hit 2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!

4myloves
11-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Gayle, congrats on the 2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may get there someday, sooner or later!

Yes, yes, yes, Stewart and I are still together. I can't believe I've been so out of touch as far as he's concerned---WE'RE GETTING MARRIED THIS MONTH OR NEXT, depending on how our schedules go. We were planning on the week on Thanksgiving, but my boss wouldn't let me have it off (even after I told her my plans). I realized that he really does love me, he's not just with me because I'm convenient, and that makes me happy. Plus, I love him. I'm so ready to be Mrs. Jonathan Stewart Brooks :) I think that's how I'm gonna sign my checks and stuff (not the checks that we mail out at work--hand cramp!).

And, no, I didn't have fries--I had Pintos and Cheese from Taco Bell!! Yum! Showed, too--I had gained a pound this morning at weigh-in!

gdeann
11-09-2004, 11:36 AM
The weight gain is probably salt, don't sweat it Cheryl.
CONGRATULATIONS! My, I'm glad I asked you about the relationship! Some women assume when we meet a man and if it is true love, we should just be overwhelmed with passion and lust. I had that in my first marriage (for awhile) and let me tell you, once the passion wore off, it was a HORRIBLE marriage. When I met Steve, he was so different from the type of man I was attracted to, but we developed a very strong friendship which turned into romance, we now have a great relationship on so many levels, I know him and he knows me, we both tend to agree on most things from parenting to moral issues. I love him dearly and part of that love is from feeling so secure in the relationship. I think I know what you mean when you questioned Stewart about if you were just a convenience. I'm sure he loves you with all of his heart, part of showing that love for you is wanting to commit to you. Tell me just as soon as you offically become Mrs. Jonathan Stewart Brooks! LOVE THE NAME!
BTW: A nice romantic candle lit Christmas Eve wedding sure would be nice....

4myloves
11-09-2004, 12:31 PM
He suggested Christmas Eve, too! And you're right, it DID sound romantic, until he brought up the fact that then he'd only have to buy ONE present each year! I don't think so!!!!

We're not gonna have a church wedding. Just me, him, the parents and a JP. We're using the wedding $ for a honeymoon. Possibly a cruise in the spring....Maybe a trip to Cancun--I hear you can get an all-inclusive for pretty cheap!

ShelleyM
11-09-2004, 05:56 PM
Cheryl-Congratulations! Please let us know as soon as you do it (get married, I mean!!)

Gayle-I printed out your ideas and gave them to Geanne. We haven't even had a chance to talk about the shower yet. I appreciate your ideas so much.

Carol-I'm sorry that you are feeling down. Please know that we are here to help you.

gdeann
11-09-2004, 11:40 PM
Maybe you guys could do what Steve and I do, Cheryl. For our anniversary, we celebrate by going to a movie or out for a meal. We started out exchanging gifts, but finally settled on this...my birthday is the day after our anniversary, so Steve was pretty quick to agree about not giving gifts for anniversaries. :-)

Shelley, how is your weather there? It's starting to get chilly here, even on a sunny day, you can feel the chill in the air. It's great weather though for this time of year!

ShelleyM
11-10-2004, 06:01 AM
Gayle-The mornings have been in the 60's, which is chilly to us. The afternoons are 80-83. It has been beautiful. I am off tomorrow for Veteran's Day, so I am going to try to go 8-10 miles in this gorgeous weather.

gdeann
11-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Your chilly mornings are our very warm days! It is unseasonably mild here this year and our very nice days are in the 50-60's, the mornings have been in the 40's.

bootwoman
11-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Cheryl, congratulations to you and Stewart!! I'm so happy for you!

Can't post to everyone right now. I just had a wreck during my lunch break and I'm still shaking. Talk you all later.

Deelite
11-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Ramona I hope that everything is ok. How is your back?

Sherry how are you doing? You have been posting much. I liked your survey. I am surprised more people haven't taken it. If I could choose one of the places it is Paris. I think that it is so romantic. I am hoping that we can go next year. I have relatives that live in France. We have a mountain that is named after us that I wuld like to go see.

Been really tired and stressed I am so scared to go for the operation.

Gayle I know that my angel of hope came later than you expected but there are always reasons we don't understand. Well now is the time I need it the most. I am so happy that I have it. Thank you.

I spent our anniversary monday very lonely. Larry worked til 10:30 and not even one phone call to wish us Happy Anniversary from anyone. Pretty sad. Oh well life goes on.

I think that Larry is off thursday and friday. I haven't seen him much these last few days so I am not sure. That was the plan.

gdeann
11-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Oh Dee! I'm so sorry! I KNEW it was your anniversary, but then it slipped my mind! Unless I have it written on the calender, there is no way this brain remembers anything! Hopefully Larry will get a few days off and the two of you can just spend some quite time together. I'm glad you like the little angel, I guess there was a reason she arrived so much later then I expected her to.

Ramona, I hope your ok, how's the car? I'm guessing if it was during your lunch break and then you wrote us a note, then you are ok but badly shaken. Try to take some time to yourself to get your wits about you again.

I picked Hawaii, not that I would turn down a chance for any of them! This little hick from Kansas hardly ever makes it out of the state! Dee, if you get to go to Paris, think of me while your there!

ShelleyM
11-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Ramona! I hope you are okay! Please let us know ASAP!

I picked Hawaii also.

Dee-I'm so sorry that I missed wishing you a happy anniversary. I never remember anything these days!

bootwoman
11-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Hi, I'm fine, just irritated that it happened. It will probably be around $3500.00 to fix my car.

Dee, I'm so sorry to have missed your anniversary also! Did Jay and Dez not even call??? I hope you are as good as new after the surgery and you and Larry can head to that mountain in Paris!

As far as the survey, I've been to Hawaii and none of the other places appealed to me so I'm the one who voted none of the above. But then again, I'm perfectly content to stay right here in my little town!

I have tomorrow off for Veterans Day. I'm so glad. I really need a break from work. The first few months I thought this would just be a run of the mill, sometimes boring job. But these last few weeks have been crazy. When I came in this morning, I was told to be ready because we had a homicide the night before. Are you ready for this? A 7 year old boy shot his step-father in the head 3 times! Of course, some of us are speculating that the mother really shot him and then blamed it on the child. Sick, sick, sick people!!!!! I had to download and print all the pictures of the crime scene. Do I have a lovely job or what??!!!

I'm going to go chill for a little while and relish the thought that I can lounge around in the morning until time for my tests. Talk to you tomorrow girls.

gdeann
11-11-2004, 09:18 AM
How sickening and sad Ramona, the boy will forever be changed regarless if he did it or not. I'm thinking of you today... sending good vibes... let us know something as soon as you can. LOVE YOU!!!!!!! I'm out the door to see a Hospice client, I will check in later to get an update on everyone.

HAVE A GREAT MORNING!!!!

Sherry
11-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Good Mornin' :wave:

I'm off today too for Veterans Day. :cp:

Ramona....I'll be thinking of you all day today. Please let us know if you find out something today. We love you! Take Care!!! BTW: So sad about the little boy.I agree: His life has now been changed forever! Bless his heart!

Mom just called from KY...I'll be back on later to post.

gdeann
11-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Ramona, I hope everything is ok....

Dee, hmmmmm.....no sign of you about....did Larry get a few days off to spend with you????

Taking Allison back for her checkup today, she seems to be better, but still not gaining weight. I think I'm going to have him do blood work again even if he doesn't suggest it. I tried uploading her school pic in the photo album, but the file was too large. I'll try to edit it and get it on in the next few days.

Sherry & Deb, did you guys enjoy the extra day off???

ShelleyM
11-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Cheryl-What a nice surprise to open my mailbox and see a card from you! Thank you so much!

Gayle-It gets so frustrating trying to upload pictures on this website. Please post it as soon as you get it figured out. BTW, I am supposed to meet and start planning the shower on Monday afternoon. I gave your ideas to my friend.

Ramona-I've been meaning to ask--do you ever hear from the people that bought your store? Hope your tests turned out okay.

I did something bad yesterday. My MIL called and said that she was going to come by in the afternoon. I had Becky go meet her instead (she was giving Becky her insurance payment.) I just couldn't stand to see her and have her nose around asking all kinds of questions. MIL was meeting someone for lunch (male.) From what I understand, he's married. How awful is that? She has a lot of nerve being in everyone's business while she is seeing someone married, don't you think? What a b@%^#h!!

Sherry
11-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Hello :wave:

I'm so glad this week is over! What a week at work! (both schools!)

Cheryl,
Thank you for the card!!!! That was so sweet of you! The card was so cute! It was sweet of you thinking of Wayne,Drew & me! Congrats on getting married!!!! I hope that you'll always be happy! :) BTW: My Parents will be married 50 yrs. on Christmas Eve! That would be neat if ya'll pick that date.

Shelley,
I laughed so hard at your post! What is your MIL thinking???!!! I hope she forgets this married man and gets herself a life! LOL! Did you enjoy your day off yesterday? I ended up cleaning & doing laundry all day. :(

Gayle,
If you want to send me the picture of Allison I'll post it for you. I'm on AOL and I have the FTP program and it takes photos any size.I can't wait to see her! How was her check-up?

Ramona,
I've been thinking of you! Have you heard from your tests yet? Let us know ASAP when you hear something. Can you send me your email addy? Everytime I send you something it comes back.

Dee,
How are you? I miss reading your posts. I hope you're just spending time with Larry and everything is ok. Did you decide if you were going to decorate for Christmas now? I hope you do. Happy Belated Anniversary!! I'm so sorry I forgot it! How many yrs?

Carol,
Are you staying OP? I've been really, really bad! I've got to start doing better!! Is your arthritis bothering you more now that it's getting cold? I forgot to ask Dad about his medication. I'll try to remember to ask him tomorrow and let you know!!

Vicki,
Stop lurking and post!!!!!!! Miss you!

Debbie,
Where are you?????? I know that we talk everyday but I miss reading your posts! I know everyone misses you here. Try to get some much needed rest tomorrow and be ready for the game Sunday.

Tina,
Where are you???????? I sure miss you! I hope everything is ok. Come back!!!
:grouphug:

Doni,
I hope you're ok too.I miss your posts too! Come out wherever you are!! :D

Did I miss anyone? If so...please forgive me.

Hope to see a post from everyone soon.

HUGS!

Sherry
11-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Click on this clock....It's so cool! :cool:

http://www.suite101.com/files/mysites/AskAlice/Clock.htm

gdeann
11-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Shelley, you could look at it as: It serves the married man right to get involved with your MIL!!! :-) Do you think it actually is a romantic/lust thing? If she was my MIL, I think I could have some fun with this one!!!! (giggles)

Ramona, please let us know how you are today.

Sherry, I will go ahead and send you the pic if you will please, pretty please, post it for me????

Allison went back to the doc yesterday, he decided to do more blood work, we will have the results Monday. She is feeling better and her weight picked up a pound...I'm leaning towards a serious infection in her body. The doctor even said her white blood count was unreal. Hopefully, she is on the mend...now to take care of the ER bills and medical center bills coming in... :-0

Sherry
11-13-2004, 12:14 PM
Go To The Photo Page And See Gayle's Daughter Allison. She's sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!! ;)

ShelleyM
11-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Gayle-Allison is so cute! What a great picture!

As for MIL, I figure the guy gets the raw end of the deal. Actually, I don't care who she's with as long as she's not bothering us!!! :lol:

Dee- How far are you from Vancouver? I am thinking about joining Team in Training and try to raise enough to go to the Vancouver marathon May 1. I have to get $4500.00 raised for the Lukemia Society before I can go. I figure I'll give it a shot and see what happens. There are 2 teachers at school that are doing it and have talked me into it. I will have to come up with a letter to send out to ask for donations. It is such a wonderful cause, I think the effort will be well worth it, even if I can't raise enough.

gdeann
11-13-2004, 03:33 PM
What an awesome thing to do, Shelley!!!!!!! I hope you can raise enough to go...it will truly be a once in a lifetime experience! I know when I sat on the board of a civic organization, we had request's like this come through every so often. Most of the time we gave a substantial amount. You may even want to consider writing in your request~~a request to even help cover travel expenses etc. I feel most organizations will help out, even if they are not directly involved with the Lukemia Foundation. How about a fundraiser or auction? You mentioned a few other teachers involved, maybe you can get the paper to do an article about the group and advertise some type of a fundraiser. We get hit up all of the time with Steves business to donate for special events. Since you have access to a school, you guys have plenty of room for something!!

Sherry
11-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Awesome Shelley!!! If I were rich, I would send the money to you!!! I hope you will be able to raise the money. But then again, I know you WILL!!! :cp:

gdeann
11-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Thank you Sherry for posting the pic!

I sent you all (I think) a link to a neat site. The girl has lost over 30 pounds and offers all kinds of info from product reviews to helpful hints. I was impressed with it once I started going through all of the information. I was going to post the link here, but didn't know if it was allowed or not.

gdeann
11-13-2004, 09:44 PM
BAH~~HUM~~BUG! It's offically Winter where I live...we are having our first snowfall of the season here in Kansas tonight!!!!

siamese
11-15-2004, 06:06 AM
hello friends!
im behind again!
sherry,take care of yourself!
glad wayne is home and doing better!

gayle,how is allison doing?
loved your halloween menu!

ramona,congrats to dan on his medals!
what a honor indeed,we are proud of him!
i get cysts all the time,i remember my obgyn told me how to tell the diff.
close your eyes,
rub gently on your eyelid see how it feels?
now rrub the end of your nose,if it feel like the eyelid its more than likely nothing if it feels like the end of your nose then see a dr.
sorry to hear of your wreck thats a lot of money in damages!
my goodness your work has taken a darkside!
hard to believe that outta a 7 yr old!
id be suspicious to.

dee,sorry to hear bout anouther surgery for you!
prayers for you love!WTGon the 10 pounds down!
HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!

cheryl,great job on your weight loss!
congrats on you getting married!
carol,how you doing?

debbie,im so glad james is home and doing better!
its very frightning i hope you never hafto experience that again!

shelly,i hope things are looking up for you at home!
love your new picture!

well as for me not to good.
i guess im to emotional rite now but feel i need to talk to someone!
no brian never made it up to me,
we hardly have sex anymore because he says im to fat!
even tho ive lost weight!
i got on the puter and found out he been watching porno.
i feel betrayed!
i know most guys do it but i cant compete with that!
i try very hard to stick with things as far as being op,but im stressing,
he didnt want to talk bout it didnt say he was sorry,all he said was delete it.
i dont know what to do!
i want to rip his face off along with other parts.
we have been married almost 17 yrs.
ok but listen to this he is telling me its because im heavy and i have gained weight there ok but im on the pill even tho im older now but my pills went up so bad i couldnt buy them,terrified to become a mom again i toild him he had to wear a condom,
he refuses since then no sex,i think its because he has to wear one and my weight realy has nothing to do with.
but still the same.....
i asked him if he was cheating he said no i believe that cuz he leaves for work in the nick of time and gets home on time,he doesnt leave once he is here if he does i hafta go with him or he wont go!
i homeschool as yall know and i have bad flareups with my hands and feet and sometimes cant keep up with the housework,
but other than that im good to him.
i make sure his supper is ready when he gets home at 1am.
pay all the bills ect. he just goes to work.
i know he loves me in his own stupid way,but im hurt and he acts like its no big deal.
friends...
am i reading to much in this?
do i dismiss it and go on,or what?
he is quiet by nature ,im not!
its not helping me to feel this way,i cant concentrate on staying op and excercing!
what i want to say to him would be hurtful.
ok ill lose this weight ,be the bomb and what the **** makes YOU think id stay with you!
i feel like saying remeber these days cuz when im like 75 pounds lighter make sure your treating me as crappy as you are now!
i dont know what id do if i lost all this weight and he became a sweety.
im still the same person!
im sorry for all the venting,just feeling a little lost!
doni

Carol101
11-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Hello All.

Doni: What a mean thing for your husband to say to you! Weight doesn't make a person. You are the same woman he married 17 years ago!! Weight doesn't change that!

I would feel betrayed the same as you if my hubby was checking out porn on the computer. If fact he did do it once about 5 years or so ago and we had a long discussion about it. He no longer does it anymore. He really didn't think he was doing anything wrong.

You sound like you treat hubby pretty darn good. When your arthritis flares up he should be more understanding about what you can and can't do. I definately understand that with me having arthritis too. My only problem is that I don't have flare ups, mine is constant. Every step I take is painful. I am not sure what my answer is but still looking for ways to feel better.

Sounds like you may be right about hubby making excuses for not wanting to use condoms and he is blaming you instead of taking responsibility. That is cruel. Your gonna be one skinny momma one of these days real soon and then he will be sorry for treating you so badly. He will jealous of all those guys looking at you!!!

Thanks for feeling like you could vent to us. We are here for you.

You have a great day!!!
{{{HUGS}}}}}

Since I have been so bad about posting lately, I am going to try to post to each one of you individually over the next few days. No one liners. :lol: Real posts!! I will be back to post more later.

Love you all

bootwoman
11-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Hi all......just got a quick minute.....

I just got the results from my tests and everything is fine. It was only a fibrous cyst.

I'll try to pop back in tonight and catch up with everyone. Thanks for thinking of me!

gdeann
11-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Doni, check your email...

Carol, NICE TO SEE YOU BACK HERE!!!

gdeann
11-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Ramona, great news!!!!!!! I guess prayers do work!

ShelleyM
11-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Doni-I'm sorry, but I think your husband is an absolute jerk! There is absolutely no excuse for the way that he treats you and you deserve better than that. Sounds to me like he is blaming his own sexual deficiencies on you. I think you should print out our answers and show them to the fool (sorry-I know you love him, but it makes me sick to hear the way you are being treated.)

ShelleyM
11-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Gayle-I love your new turkey ticker!

Carol101
11-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Gayle: I am so glad Allison's test results came back okay. Sounds like maybe she is finally on the mend. It is so scary when our little ones are ill and we don't know what we can do to help them. She is such a beautiful girl. I loved the picture of her.

I can't believe you have snow!!! OMG does that mean it is official winter??? I guess I will have to start my Christmas shopping now!! :lo

How is your new WOL? I am still struggling, but hanging in there. Can't give up the fight!!

Better go feed hubby now.

Have a great night!!!

gdeann
11-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Carol, I'm staying OP, but it is a daily struggle...visions of "sugar anythings" dance in my head.... this was the one kind of snow I like! It snowed and was gone by the next morning!
Allisons second blood test came back today, her count is still up, so now he put her on another antibiotic for 5 additional days. Her count should be 10,000, first time it was 20,000+, this time 11,000+, so it is gradually going down. The doctor is still leaning towards a bacterial infection of some kind.

Shelley, thank you for commenting on my turkey! I figured it might motivate me through Thanksgiving!!

Are you guys ready for Christmas? Done any Christmas shopping yet?

Sherry
11-15-2004, 08:19 PM
STOP!!!!!

Please Go To #15...............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!:D