Support Groups - Wanted: Support

View Full Version : Wanted: Support

Bulging2Much
11-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Well, it's been about 2 1/2 years since I've checked in. I'm about the same, if not worse, shape as I was then. I've contemplated surgery a couple of times, but everytime I start to research it, I get mad as **** and decide I can do it myself. I've resolved to start a new journey...a one-way trip to permanent weight loss. I'm looking for someone to support me along the way. I know I've got it in me. Perhaps you're looking for help, too. I'm great at motivating others, but I'd be a challenge for you. I'm great at making excuses. So don't let me get away with anything! I'm giving you permission to let loose on me, if needed.

Here are my stats: Age: 34, gulp, soon to be 35. Weight: ~285 lbs. Family: Husband and 2 children Location: Pennsylvania

If you're game, let me know. Thanks for considering.

oldwriter
11-07-2004, 09:38 AM
I've done more lurking than anything on the posts.

I think I may even be 3lbs over than when I put my profile on the 100 club. :( Just dread jumpimng in b/c I'll be commited. Hate saying that. :o

Would like a buddy to work with.
Maybe I can really commite to this then. :)

I'm thinking of the South Beach diet as it is low glycemic foods & I'm am type II diabetic.

I am up to 278 on a 5'4' frame - can't even claim big bones. :lol:
I am also a stress & emotion eater- bored , :mad: , :( , celebrating - whatever the occation - :dizzy: Any old excuse to eat.

I did find that a weight loss vitamin helps with cravings. My biggest craving is steak and potato chips. I can eat those on a low glycemic diet if I can keep the amount down to a decent size. I took the (deck of cards) and devided them in two & put them side by side to see what a thinner piece of meat looks like- not bad at all.

Be glad to buddy with you. Let me know. Carol :)

Bulging2Much
11-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Glad to have you, Carol. Yum, steak and pots. Now, we're getting down to business! I'm off to the store. I've read about every book there is and tried many plans. Lower carb works for me. I say lower because I think I'll fail if I don't allow myself some carbs. My problem is moderation. I think we're both in that boat. Think about one goal you want to set for this week. I'll think about mine. We can do this, Carol, I know we can. I hope others join in as well. Take care.

oldwriter
11-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Well it wasn't a bad start - rye toast w/cheese-nuked

Tom was ill so I made beef & noodles over mashed potatoes.
He took liquid tylenol, slept & didn't eat. Guess who did. :( :nono:

Hiding out upstairs now - at least I am away from the kitchen.
Only a 1/4 cup of sesame sticks left up here & coffee. :coffee:

If I can get the excess water :wave: out & exercise in :strong: maybe I can be back at my starting point of 275 by next Sunday. Maybe to 273? :dance: Carol

Bulging2Much
11-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Alright, Carol, here we go. No turning back now. My goal for the week is to exercise at least 3 times. :strong: At least one of those times will be at Curves. I will also walk the dog at least once. I had my last Pepsi for awhile. :cry:

Tomorrow starts "lower" carb for me. I'm a huge popcorn :corn: nut. However, I looked at my bag and realized I can have it as snacks since there's so much fiber. I guess I'll try to start at < to 40 grams of carbs. As time goes on, I'll adjust.

I hope to hear from you as soon. I'll check in sometime tomorrow. I want a definate goal from you, lady! NO EXCUSES! :eek: (I told you I can be a bit pushy! Don't be afraid to give it right back.) Good luck and stay healthy.

gfmomx6
11-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi ladies!
Just wondering if I could join in. My name is Kathy and I want to be a loser! I started the summer at 272 and currently weigh 245. Not much exercise, just drastically cutting back on food, mainly no junk food, and LOTS of water. I never really drank water before, I was a Diet Dr Pepper junkie, I could drink a 6 pack a day. Now I can't stand the taste of drinks that sweet, except my sugar-free Chai tea latte(I don't drink coffee). I am on a group on yahoo that is having a Thanksgiving challenge and my goal is 240 by 11/22. 2 weeks, 5 pounds? My problem with that group is it is s...l...:snail: ...w! I want more! I need more excitement!!

About me-I am 35, married 17 years, 6 kids(this is me-> :crazy: ) Live in Idaho.
Hope to *see* you soon!

Kathy

Bulging2Much
11-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Hi Kathy,

It sounds like your on the right road. Way to go. I want you to make a goal for this week. I know you'll be able to reach that Thanksgiving goal, but take it one week at a time. Do you exercise much? My goal is to exercise 3 days this week. How about an exercise goal? We're all busy but we need to take time for ourselves or we aren't any good to our loved ones. So no excuses woman! :rollpin: (I prefer "motivating" over "pushy.") :D

Keep going on the water. I'm not a coffee drinker either but I'm a sucker for Pepsi. I need to lay off of that. Ok, think about your goal and post it ASAP. You can do this. We can all help each other.

Free2BeMe
11-07-2004, 11:11 PM
Hello,
I'm new here. I weigh about 290 lbs. I haven't weighed in awhile. I'm going to go weigh tomorrow since I'm too big for my scale at home. I'm hoping to find friends & support here. I have to free myself of this addiction to food. I am killing myself slowing and I don't want to die. I want to live, and live free.

gfmomx6
11-07-2004, 11:38 PM
Good evening ladies!
Thanks for the welcome Rebecca, nice to be here. I haven't exercised in about a month :o so my goal will be to exercise 3 times this week. Hopefully it won't get any colder out and I will be able to walk outside. I have contemplated walking up and down the stairs to the kids rooms but then I would have to look at their rooms :fr: Maybe I'll just walk halfway up! :lol:

Free2BeMe, the first step has been taken! You are here! I have read nothing but supportive things on this website, everyone knows where you are, they are there, or have been there. Support is a great motivator! Or if you need more :drill: we can do that too!! Just let us know!

Peace,
Kathy

MichelleRae
11-08-2004, 03:56 AM
Hi Ladies!! I just wanted to welcome you all to 3fc!! Its great to have you here and I'm sure you'll find all the support you need here. This is an excellent forum!
Please roam around a little and check out all the different sections I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful information :)

Michelle

Bulging2Much
11-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Kathy, you're so right! Free2BeMe, you've taken the first step.:bravo: I weighed in at 285.5 this morning. So I'm not that far off from you. Please help me and I'll try to help you. You'll be my inspriation. Just make one goal for this week. Everyone seems to be going with exercise (good idea with the steps, Kathy) but choose something ideal for you. If not exercise, what about drinking more water. Quantify it, don't just say you'll do more. I think you'll find it's easier to stick to your plan if you quantify your goals. What do you think ladies? Free2BeMe, just stick with us. We can all help each other.

I don't know how often everyone can check in. But I thought perhaps we should have Mondays be the day we "weigh in" and post our weekly goal. How does that sound? If not, we can just continue to encourage and support. Personally, I think I'll do better knowing I can count on others to be here with me. Just an idea. :idea:

Ok, gonna go. Have a good Monday. Remember to stick to your plan. We can all do this.

canadian_girl
11-08-2004, 11:22 AM
I'm also new here, and the reason I went looking for this place is that simple. I also need a buddy,, someone who knows what I'm going through when I'm DYING for some mashed potatoes, and chocolate milkshake, someone also going through it, not skinny friends who can eat anything and it never shows.

I started SB last week, today is day 6 and I havne't lost a pound, I haven't cheated, and I'm really getting discouraged (and sick of eggs)

I could use someone to write too, compare notes and little encouragement along the way, and I would be more than willing to offer the same back.

I'm 37, and I weigh 195 pounds, scared to reach that 200 mark on the scale, and I too have read every book, and finally after reading SB I decided to give it a shot, I saw on tv you could loose between 7 and 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks.

HOW long does it take to start. I've weighed myself every day and I decided now not to weigh myself until the 2 weeks are up?

Thanks for listening

oldwriter
11-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Have a diet on the fridge.
Followed that this morning. :D
I'm setting my goal for 275 by Sunday. :)
Rebecca, please stick to darker & bigger colors. I can't read the Tiny & Pale print well. :tired:
Diet Pepsi isn't Taste too bad. I have one on rare occations B/C I am a :coffee: hound.
Glad to see so many others joining in. Pull up a veggie plate & enjoy.
EXG 3x wk Tae Bo or walking :strong:
SW275 :eek:
CW278 :( :nono:
MGW275 - Sun.
NMGW273 - next Sun.
GW150? - depending- maybe less. :shrug:
Diabetic or GI Diet. :dance:

Bulging2Much
11-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Glad to here you're off to a good start, Carol. Canadian Girl, welcome. :wave: You're not to be discouraged. We can all help each other. Are you exercising more than you have? Are you drinking water? Are you sticking to a wide variety of low carb foods? Personally, I love my carbs. I've tried Atkins, SB and CarbAddicts. What I decided is to come up with a plan on my own. I love my popcorn :corn: , a low-carb diet no-no. :nono: But I found I can incorporate it into my diet. I also decided to not be so strict with the carb counts. I'm starting with 40 g/day. That's a huge cut for me. I'm able to be accountable for portion control, too. I understand your need not to hit that 200lb. mark. Don't lose faith. It'll happen. That scale can be a demon, can't it? It's so hard not to step on it everyday. I'm sticking to Mondays only (or at least trying) because it'll consume me. Anyway, Canadian Girl, give your plan a try. Remember, the numbers are for "most" people, not all. Our bodies are going into shock. They're rebelling! It may take a little longer for you to get that jump start.

Thanks for listening ladies. A note to all, please let us know what's worked for you in the past. It may help someone. Have a great day.

raindancer1
11-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi ladies...I am new and love this site! I'll cut out the trimmings (excuse the pun) and get to the meat (uughh) of my problem: I love carbs way too much, and even though I am willing to do Atkins and understand the life-long commitment, my fiance (who is very supportive otherwise) gets this deprived-of-carbs look on his face if he does not get his ration of carbs at the main meal. He, is slim ,healthy athletic. I am athletic, but I weigh 205 on a small-medium frame, and should weigh 145 max. 130 is my goal. I have just a few questions: should I throw out the carbs or the fiance (love them both, just joking!)
should I buddy-up with some one who is stronger on willpower? How to handle the evening meal when rice, rice and beans, cornmeal, potatoes, are expected? We are both from the West Indies and these are staples. HELP!

canadian_girl
11-08-2004, 04:14 PM
thanks for your comments, I haven't exercised more, and I always drink lots of water, I have been drinking more lately. I haven't really had a variety of carbs, just basically omlet for breakfast, chicken breast and salad for lunch, then some type of stir fry or lean meat with salad or veggies for dinner, then some light jello, celery and 20 peanuts for snacks

I didn't see Popcorn on the good or bad list? I assume it's bad. I'm just trying very hard to give it my all this time and can't wait for next Tuesday when phase 1 is over and I can start to eat some whole wheat pasta, brown rice and some fruit.

I am going to stick with this. I have to. I've given up too many times. I promise I won't get on scale again til Next Tuesday morning...

Bulging2Much
11-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Canadian Girl, that sounds like a good goal to me...no stepping on the scale until Tuesday! I know it's hard. We're always fighting that urge, aren't we? Keep up with you diet. I give you so much credit for being tough and hanging in there. Don't be discouraged. It's the times when we don't see changes that we have to be the strongest.:strong: I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised next week.:goodscale Keep in touch.

gfmomx6
11-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Good afternoon ladies! How are we all doing? Today is my weigh in day and I am down 2.5 from last week! :cb: Now we'll see if I can get 5 pounds off by the 22nd!
I am SO happy today! :D My husband and I had a long talk last night and he is going to start losing weight with me!:bravo: He is at 266 this morning and wants to go down to around 200. I have been bugging him for a long time, but he always just eats what/how much he wants. I finally told him yesterday that I was tired of feeling like I nag:nono: him about what/how much he eats. I love him and want him to be around awhile to help me take care of all these kids!:bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb:
Now he is nagging me to tell him what he should eat and how he should exercise. I am SO happy :dancer:
Well, I better go figure out dinner, it's already after 4!!
Peace,
Kathy

oldwriter
11-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Welcome raindancer.
What if you try using a smaller plate for yourself & smaller portions of the potatoe & rice (brown rice when you can)? One trick for your mind is to take your portion, measured or smaller and spread it as far as you can over your plate area. It looks like more & if you eat slower and really taste your food it may satify you better.
You'll be amazed at how much more a 1/2 or 1 cup looks like spread out. Dumped right out of the cup looks puny & your brain says (I"m going to starve!). fool it. You can even us a regular plate then. CAROL

Bulging2Much
11-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Hi Ladies. Kathy, great for you! I'm happy you're down 2.5! Good job. :cp: That's great that your husband's catching on. Keep us posted about your progress. Hey, what's with the ticker? Do you cut and paste after going to the site? I'll have to check it out. That's a pretty good visual.

Carol, great idea about the plate. I kept my portions small last night but I should've used a smaller plate to look like more. I've done that in the past. It does help. However, I actually was full last night or at least I wasn't hungry. I probably could've eaten more but I stopped.

I wanted to post earlier this morning but I decided to walk the dog first. That way I could say have one day down towards my goal this week. I was thinking of going to Curves, but I need to shave my legs! :yikes: So I walked the dog instead. I'll do Curves tomorrow. Ok, off to shower (and shave) and have breakfast. Talk to you soon.

oldwriter
11-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Got me :rofl: about the shaving. My hair is light and thin on my legs so i don't shave often. I did last week b/c i could feel it pulling on my sox. Can't see it well so I use a rasor to make sure I got it. I have to feel for it in my arnpits. :dizzy:
I peeked at my weight - it is still at 278 but my sugar was lower this morning.
I had pan brioled talopia fish and a salad for breakfast. :chef: & :coffee2:

Took my meds & diet vitamin feel pretty good. Well I'm off to the shower too. Have a great day. You can do it! :cheer: :goodscale :goodvibes

gfmomx6
11-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Good Morning Ladies!
Did pretty good yesterday, LOTS of water, floated all day! When I put everything in at fitday.com though, it said I had 65% from carbs :shrug: I better watch it today.
Rebecca-You sound like me! Won't let anyone see my legs hairy('cept hubby) He likes to grow a beard in the winter, says its warmer, so I told him-"So I don't have to shave in the winter???" :lol3:
I have to admit, I have done no exercise yet this week :o , but I will get in my 3 days, I promise!! For the ticker just go to www.tickerfactory.com pick what you want, then cut and copy from the top box on the page(there are 3 boxes) then come here to your CP(control panel) and click on "edit signature", paste it in the box, click save at the bottom and it will be on all your posts, unless you uncheck the box at the bottom of your post. You can go back and change your signature whenever you want, as many times as you want.
Carol-It does help to use a smaller plate and spread that food around, I tried it last night on hubby! He didn't even notice! :D Good job on keeping the sugar down, my FIL is borderline diabetic and has been doing very well keeping his sugar down. What is a diet vitamin? Is it a supplement? I take vitamins from Melaleuca, but I have to admit, I usually forget to take them :^:
Canadian_girl, raindancer1, Free2BeMe, Where are you??? We can't support you if you're not here!! COME BACK!?!?!? We need all the support and encouragement we can get!
Peace,
Kathy

umma
11-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey Ladies,
Was wondering if you minded another person on your list? I need all the motivation I can get. Right now I am on the WW plan and have been for 8 weeks. I have lost 16.8 pounds so far but don't feel like I'm doing enough at home to help my weight loss. I hardly ever exercise, I just hate it. I know I have to though if I want my weight to go down more. I'm really good at telling people that they are doing a good job, but need someone to keep me in check as well. I like the fact that you are setting weekly goals and think I would do better if I had to check in with people to tell them how I did.
With my weight watchers I weigh in every monday evening so I could post my results then.
OK so enough babbling.....my stats now are, start weight was 252, current weight is 236 and as far as my goal weight.....well, I would like to at least be 220 by Christmas.
So what do you think? Can I join or what (lol)? :?:

Thanks for listening, Lori

Bulging2Much
11-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Congrats, Umma! Way to go. You should be so proud of yourself. :cp: That's alot of weight to have shed. Are you like me, happy with progress but always wanting more and wanting it now? Never completely satisfied even with positive results? It sounds like it. Think of it as a loss. No matter what, you're a healthier you because you don't have 16.8 lbs. to carry around. Your heart and joints thank you. Now, as far as accountability, you've come to the right place. I want a goal from you, missy! How about exercising 2 times this week. Think of something you can do...walk outside for 15 minutes, do a tape, etc. Do you belong to a gym? No excuses...I just want an exercise goal for the week. Post it then we'll be checking in with you. (I like to think of myself as "motivating":drill: rather than "pushy"). Everyone is supportive. We're here to help each other. Take care and hope to hear from you soon (that is if I didn't scare you off:))

PS. Ladies, I shaved!!

oldwriter
11-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Kathy, It's a multi vitamin but has the ingrediets for people trying to lose weight.
It will have something in the name to tell you, like : weight loss or ECGC(?) for cravings (works).etc. The grocery store ones work just as well as the high priced.
Glad your hubby didn't notice- apparently he was satified.

umma
11-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Hi Rebecca,
Thanks for welcoming me and yes I am one of those that is never satisfied. It just seems like one day I woke up and I was BIG. Now I want it to be that one day I wake up and I'm little. lol
As far as scaring me off......I don't think so. I have thought about what my goal will be and I think 2 or 3 days of exercise is fair. I don't belong to a gym but I do have tapes in the house. So I have till Monday to do it right?
Everyone here seems to be very supportive......Thanks
I will let you know how tomorrow goes.

Lori

Bulging2Much
11-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey Ladies,

Lori, you have until Sunday night to complete your exercise goal. :drill: We'll all check in on Monday. My problem is denial. I look at myself in the mirror and I still see the 140lb. person, not the 285lb. one. I don't like to see myself in pictures because that's when it's brought home to me. However, it makes me mad that I don't have alot of pictures with my kids and husband. I just hate getting my picture taken. So, I think that's one of the first things I'll do when I lose some serious poundage...get a professional picture of the family taken. I don't like to plan too far into the future. That's why talking with ya'll helps me stay in line. It's easier to accomplish smaller, weekly goals than to think long term. I've always given up. Blah, blah, blah....enough of that. :ziplip: Oh well, I'm off to put the kids into bed. I ate late tonight but I didn't step on the scale today. Hope to hear from you soon.

gfmomx6
11-09-2004, 11:47 PM
How ya'll doing? Pretty good here. I haven't ate much today, but I haven't felt hungry. On fitday.com it says I have only had 800 calories, I know I need more than that, I'm just trying to figure out what to eat :?: . I don't want to totally trash my day. I promise I'll be good!
Welcome to the group Lori, we are just getting started but these are great ladies.
We better keep on our goals, don't want that :drill: Rebecca to come after us :rollpin: !! :stars: (Rebecca- :tape: I didn't say that!!)
Thanks Carol, I will look for those next time I go shopping. Hubby didn't notice tonight either, or if he did he's not saying anything!!
Hope everyone has a great night!
Peace,
Kathy

piink rockz
11-10-2004, 12:15 AM
Hi ladies, I wouldnt mind 'buddying up' myself. I could actually really use it right now.
I finally joined Curves about 4 months ago. I was so determined and so excited at the same time. I was convinced that with my new exercise routine the weight would just start falling off. Boy was I wrong! The last time I measured in was about 3 weeks ago. So at the time I had been working out for exactly 3 months. I had lost a grand total of 27.75 inches and NOT A SINGLE POUND. The first 2 months I was loosing lots of inches but nothing as far as pounds. I didnt let it get to me and I stayed motivated. But by the 3rd month and still not having lost a single pound, it really started to get to me. I was sure that I had lost pounds too, I had tried extra hard that month with my exercise and watching what i was eating I was so confident! This month, even though I was a bit depressed over it, I refused to give up and I kept up with all my workouts, but then Halloween creeped up and I had to indulge = /
I am trying to stay motivated but it is SO HARD. All encouraging words are accepted.

bluekat
11-10-2004, 12:41 AM
Piink rockz, I am new here, but wanted to tell you that muscle weighs more than fat, so you have lost fat but gained muscle from exercising. Lost inches is just as good as lost poundage. Getting into a smaller size is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because I know that muscle weighs more than fat and that your weight varies due to water, I don't weigh myself too much. Look at it this way. A pound of fat would look like a pile of feathers compare to a pound of muscle which would look like a pound of steak. You are doing good girlfriend, keep it up.
Shirley

umma
11-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Morning Ladies,
I plan on getting in some exersice today. (hopefully) Not to mention I have to clean. Today will be my first workout for the week, but I promise sarge, I mean Rebecca I will get in another 1 or 2 by Sunday. I have a meetinga t work today and then right after I have to work till midnight so I will not be checking in again till tomorrow morning.
I agree with bluecat all the way. Muscle does weigh more then fat and if your loseing inches, be proud of yourself. Don't give up, eventually when the muscle stops the weight loss will start. Well, Ladies have a good (and healthy) day and I will check in again tomorrow.

Lori

Bulging2Much
11-10-2004, 11:58 AM
:drill: Hi Grunts. Piink, do not be discouraged. You are doing awesome!! You've lost so many inches! :dancer: Don't you feel a difference in your clothes? That darn scale can consume you. That's why NOBODY should be checking until Monday. Break the habit. Feel the difference in your endurance, your clothes, your flexibility and sense of well-being! The scale has little green men in there to battle our will and desire to be healthy. Bluekat and Lori are correct about the muscle vs. fat. I'd much rather be toned than flabby. Piink, just don't give up. You've got our support. You're doing great.

I went to Curves this morning. I had such a hard time getting my heart rate up. LOL! Usually, I'm winded in no time at all. So, instead of walking in place, I jogged. It wasn't a natural earthquake you felt this morning, girls, it was me. Anyway, that helped. I'm just happy my eyes aren't black and blue. Good support, I always say. :hyper:

Ok, I'm leaving you with this:

A woman joins a gym. After filling out the paper work, discussing a plan of action and setting up her first appointment, her trainer tells her to wear loose clothing for her first workout. She replies, "Mister, if I had loose clothing, we wouldn't be having the conversation!"

bluekat
11-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Yes, the numbers will sabatoge you. No matter whether it is the scales, the tape measure or the BMI. Did you know that gorgeous Governor Arnold BMI says he is obese. He sure doen't look obese to me. Numbers play head games with you. Even clothes sizes will, because they are not standardize. A medium from one company is a large in another. The best judge of how you look is the mirror and the best judge of your health is how you feel.
Another few facts for you. Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14. Very beautiful lady. The skinny boy look became popular in the 60's with Twiggy ( I think we should shoot her) and with her came the stupidity of perfect is being a bean pole. In reality, the average woman in good health and not over weight wears a size 10 or 12 depending on her body frame. Do I wear either one of those sizes no. But I know that I look my best and feel my best when I do. Your perfect body weight changes as your life changes. What was good before you got married and had kids is different from what is good for you after menapause and everything in between.
Shirley Who is getting off of the soap box now and going to go exercise. :soap: :strong:

umma
11-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Hey look I think I figured out how to do this ticker thing. But how do I keep it handy instead of having to keep going to the tickerfactory.com place everytime? Any help?
hhmmmmmm.........I think I'm supposed to be doing a workout instead of this :o . OK so that is what I am going to do now ;) . I will let you all know how I did tomorrow. Have a healthy day, and keep up all the good work.
Oh yea and Sarge, great job going to Curves today. Bet it felt good afterwards.

http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;42;59;0;0/c/-16/t/-102/k/7c85/weight.png

clipper
11-10-2004, 01:17 PM
I'm new here, and just wanted to say "hi".........
clip

oldwriter
11-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Peeked at ,my weight this morn as my ankles were skinny. Down 2 lbs. :dance:
My sugar wasn't but that was the popcorn late at night.
My BP was at 116/67 :cp: :cb:
Heading down to exercise. :strong: :wave:

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;53;104;0;1/c/276/t/150/s/275/k/c375/weight.png
[/url]

How do you ge the old ticker out?

oldwriter
11-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Good old quick links.

luvinmom
11-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Wow, what a group! Can I join? I'm an emotional eater who with the help of 4 pregnancies ate her way up to 226 pounds. My youngest is 5 months and I am finally down to 194, but have been bouncing 5 lbs around for the last 2 months. I'm so frustrated with myself. I eat even when I'm not hungry. I rarely excercise, even though that is a goal of mine. I need some serious pushin. I'm going to check out the SB diet and give it a go. I've been reading a few different books and just letting the motivation of them all sink in. I've seen major improvements over the last few weeks, but not loss. I am drinking all of my water more often than not though! Anyway, I'd love to join, can I please, please! :hyper: :crossed:

Bulging2Much
11-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Hi all. First, welcome Luvinmom. The more the better. It just means more support for us all. Second, Carol, I'll forgive your peek today but no more for the week!! I'm proud of you though. Good job with your BP. That popcorn gets me everytime. Shirley, you rock on with your bad soapbox self!

Now for some news. Sarge went AWOL from the low-carb camp today. :cry: I made chocolate chip cookies. :nono: The dough and cookies actually called me by name! I also crossed enemy lines with the popcorn consumption. Are you going to through me into the brig? I slowed down this evening with sloppy joes on a lite bun and 3 potato wedges. My husband had given me 6 or 7 but I gave some back. I had all my water though. I just really have guilt about the cookies. Well, they say confession is good for the soul. I hope tomorrow is better. Perhaps I should be demoted and someone should get on my case. Darn, I may have to add another day of exercise this week. :tread: Also, I fought really hard not to look at the scale today. You should know that I didn't. At least I can practice what I preach there.

Have a good night. I'll check in AFTER exercising tomorrow. How is everyone doing with their weekly goals? Keep up the good work, otherwise, watch out for me.:s: Take care.

bluekat
11-10-2004, 09:54 PM
:soap: More from the soap box.
I have been Dieting ever since I can remember, I even thought I was fat when I was a size 9. I wasn't even happy at a size 6. Never been bulimic (sp?) though. I have read ever book out there and tried just about ever diet there has been. The best book I ever read was about women and fat written by a female doctor in the early 90s. The best advice she gave was if you have a craving for something, go ahead and eat a small amount. This way you won't binge, which will cause more damage then eating the small amount. For instance if you have a craving for pizza, eat 1 or 2 slices, just NOT THE WHOLE THING! You need a little bit of all food groups, just in moderation and if you cut your calories way down, your body goes into famine mode and refuses to let go of the fat because it does not know when the good times are coming and doesn't want to starve to death. Key word is moderation. Add exercise and the weight will go at least the fat will. Dieting brings to mind of starvation and doing without, you lose the battle before you ever begin. Cutting back and changing lifestyle on the other hand means you don't have to starve or do without. Words and numbers are powerful things and how you look at things make a big difference. Another fact, not only does muscle weighs more than fat, but the more muscle you build the higher the metabolism. Muscles require more fuel than fat. So as you build muscle (eg. exercise) the more fuel you burn and as you cut back the amount you eat, the fuel that is used is fat, thereforth you lose inches, which is what you really want to do, not just weight. Want to add exercise to your day, do things in the 50's way. Watch less tv, cut back on remotes and get up to do things. Walk instead of riding to places, take stairs. The little things will add up. I will get off the soap box now. :soap:
:sorry:
Shirley

umma
11-10-2004, 10:47 PM
I tried to go to work, I really did. Then the school called and told me that my son got hurt in gym class and should probably get his wrist x-rayed:eek:
So instead of work we went to the hospital. He is fine just a real good sprain, but while we were there that stupid snack machine kept talking to me. Kept telling me that because I was missing dinner at that moment I could justifie why I was eating that kind of stuff.Well, I am proud to say, I ignored that machine and waited to get home to eat something healthy. I also did my workout today. So as crazy as it was today, somehoe I stayed on track:cp:
Not sure how but I did.

Anyway, Sarge.....even sarge's have bad days......BUT NO MORE COOKIES!!!! and NO EXCUSES EITHER. Keep those cookies away from you. Give them to someone else, get them out of the house. Tomorrow can, and will be a better day.

Bluekat....I am on weight watchers and everything you have typed I am learning in my meetings. I believe in it all and also believe that if you stick with that plan you can't go wrong. My problem is that I don't stop eating all the stuff I am craving till I feel sick...lol

luvinmom....welcome to the group, like sarge said the more the merrier

oldwriter....imagine what the scale would have said if you waited....I do know the feeling about that scale though. I have one in my bathroom that I just have to step on everytime I am in there. I tried to say that I wouldn't step on it but I just can't help myself.

Well everyone, have a good night and a healthy tomorrow.

Goodnight, Lori

bluekat
11-11-2004, 10:54 AM
:kickcan: Lori, I know how you feel, My first marriage was to a very abusive man, both physically and verbally. I was not allowed much of anything that I liked. When I got married the 2nd time to a very gooc man. I was allowed and encourage to eat what ever I wanted. It was potatoe chips, once I opened the bag, they were gone. That is where most of my weight came from, binging. It took me 14 to 15 years to realizes, I didn't have to eat the entire bag. It was just last year that I was able to open a bag, eat a few and put it back. Right now it is chocolate. My hubby has to have some in the house, but he doesn't eat but a piece or 2. Me, I know it is there so I eat a piece here, a piece there. I have gotten down to just 3 pieces instead of 10 or more a day. Maybe if you sit down by yourself and journal your feeling, you can figure out why you binge. There is a reason. Stress will cause you to go overboard. Good job on ignoring the snack machine.
Shirley

Bulging2Much
11-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Lori, I'm glad your son is ok. I'm so proud of you for winning the battle of the snack machines. You should be so proud of yourself. Way to go! :cb:

Shirley, good for you to cutting down the intake. You're right, moderation is the key.

Clipper, welcome. I hope to hear more from you soon.

Carol, how is your sugar today? Do you also check your BP everyday? If so, how's that? I hope you didn't step on the scale today. No peeking until Monday!! We need to get away from that number and feel the other differences in ourselves. Personally, I sabbatoge myself if I don't see the results I expect from the scale. That's why I look for other differences.

Kathy, how are you doing? Is your husband still hanging in there with you?

Luvinmom, how are you making out?

How's everyone making out with their weekly goal? We're 1/2way through the week. Get that exercise in or else! :drill: (I'm baaaaack!)

My husband offered the last cookie to me this morning and I declined. I walked the dog this morning and even went an extra distance. It's about a mile with some hills. I was breathing pretty steady-heavy. I even had a little sweat going. Anyway, I came home and made my ham & cheese omelet w/egg beaters and had 2 glasses of water. I feel re-energized again. I'm still "step-on-the-scale" free this week (ahem, Lori and Carol). I've accomplished my goal of exercising 3 days this week. It came in time since I work tonight and tomorrow night (11p-7A). I may try to get something in on Sunday.

I have to run, the school just called and I have to get my daughter (fever and stomach ache). Talk to you all soon.

Bulging2Much
11-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Alright, you girlies...I'm issuing a surprise challenge! I want an extra 10 minutes of exercise added to this week. No excuses! You can add it on at one of your sessions or do a separate session. And so you can't point fingers, the Sarge got her husband and dog out for an extra 15 minute walk tonight. You don't have to take a family member or friend this week, although it might be nice, but don't be surprised if it's asked of you in the future. I don't care if it's walking, swimming, sit-ups, stair-walking, biking, pilates, yoga, running (won't be me!) or whatever, just do it! You can do it. 10 minutes isn't that long, is it? We've all made excuses about exercise. But we need to take the time for ourselves. You have to make yourself the priority. That 10 minutes this week will get you closer to your long-term goal. I hope you all take part in this challenge.

"Big goals get big results. No goals get no results or somebody else's results."
- MVH

umma
11-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Hey Sarge,
Is this because you ate the cookies? Just kidding. I will definitaly join in on the challenge. Gotta go get kids in bed. Hope all is well, and I will check in tomorrow.
Have a healthy day.

Lori

gfmomx6
11-12-2004, 01:59 AM
Been MIA for a day or two, seems like things just pile up around here! Everything is going good, got one day of exercise in!! 2 more to go(PLUS an extra 10 minutes for Sarge!!) Good to see more people joining in! The more the merrier! :grouphug:
Hubby is still doing good, I just have to remember that he is taller and weighs more(not by much) and can have more calories than me!! If I could get him to drink more water we would be on the ball!!
Can someone far away from me(I'm in Idaho) please give me their address so I can send them my scale and once a week send it back to me? I can't stay off the darn thing!! :shrug: It is there always, saying just take a peek! Then I get very discouraged if it stays the same or goes up from yesterday. :( I firmly told my hubby to only weigh once a week and then I get on it everyday. I promise to stay off of it until Monday! Really, really, really!!
Well, time to go to bed, gotta get up with hubby in the morning! :coffee:
Peace,
Kathy

Bulging2Much
11-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone. How's your Friday going? Kathy, you are to stay off of that scale until Monday! I think you have found yourself a goal for next week. I know it's soooo hard, but try not to be controlled by the scale. You'll increase the risk of falling into old habits if you don't get the results you want. And the stinker is you could be gaining muscle and losing fat but it won't show on your scale. I can't believe I've lasted all week without checking myself. But I can feel a difference. I don't feel as bloated.

I learned to like Diet Sprite and Diet Sierra Mist. I have NEVER been a diet drinker. I can't believe I like them. But it's a nice alternative to my sugar-filled Pepsi. It's nice to be able to have a soda (pop for westerners) and not worry that much.

Last night the hospital fed us. :D I had a turkey wrap. It was so good. But then they gave us a cookie and bag of chips. I didn't have too much guilt since everything was in moderation. Oh, those cookies. :dizzy: And I don't even eat them that much. But chocolate chip cookies are out to get me! The supervisor gave me 2 extra cookies but I decided to give them to my kids. And for the record, you all may have to suffer with 10 extra minutes due to my moment of weakness, but too bad! :drill: Lori, watch it or you'll get 15! No back talking the Sarge! :)

I was able to get a precious 3 1/2 hours of sleep in this morning. But I work again tonight. My daughter is sick and we're heading to the MD's. So, I won't be napping until this evening. I'll try to be good at work tonight. I sometimes get massive cravings for soda when at work. I've always used work as an excuse but no more. I know you grunts won't let me get away with it. Anyone else work 3rd shift?

Oh, Kathy, I forgot. I want you to consider having your husband hide the scale from you for the week. I had my husband do that once. But I'm thinking you're a very stong woman and will learn not to give into temptation.

Well, gals. I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll check in tomorrow. Have a healthy night.

PS. Pray for me...it's raining and that always brings the babies! :stress:

umma
11-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Hello everyone, and happy friday. Well, let me start by saying that I have done my second workout for the week and the extra 10 minutes today. I am going to try to get in another workout before monday.

I also started talking to an old friend again and she invited us out to dinner for tomorrow night. I was a bit nervous at first because I wasn't sure where she wanted to go but we agreed on Applebees since it has a points menu for me. I am doing WW. So hopefully I don't blow it and eat every fried thing they make. I really have been doing good with counting my points and don't want to blow it.
I wanted to share with all of you my new found joy. BROWNIES..... But they are the good kind, fat free. I made them into cupcake sizes and got 12 of them out of the mix. For me they are only 2 points a serving. They are called
No Pudge Fudge Brownie Mix. All you do is add 2/3 cup vanilla non fat yogurt to them. So for any one who is counting calories or fat or anything else here are the numbers for them per serving.
Calories- 110
Calories from fat- 0
Total fat- 0
Cholesterol- 0
Sodium- 120 mg
Total Carbohydrates- 27 g
Dietary fiber- less tehn 1 g
Sugars- 17 g
Protien- 2 g

They are sooooooo yummy. Even my kids love them. So , I thought I would share them with you all.

Well, time to get back to straightening up. Gotta work tonight:(

Have a happy and healthy night and weekend.

Lori

luvinmom
11-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Grrr. That darn exercise thing! I got on here just to get a little pick me up for a fudged day. Seeing everyone else talking about their goal is making me feel guilty for slacking on mine. I'm going to finish this up and jump on the treadmill. I did peek at the scale this morning. I had weighed myself a few days ago (before joining you all) and had some water weight. Today when I put my pants on they were loose! I had to see what the difference was! Scale only showed I had lost water weight plus 1 lb. Not anything to shout about, but it encouraged me to see that the gain really was just water. I have almost finished my water for the day, and should have no problem finishing before bed. Since I get up with my baby during the night I don't worry to much about the hour I finish up.
I started out the day motivated and positive I could conquer the overeating and emotional roller coasters, I didn't. I'm discouraged, and at the same time I'm trying to keep in mind that even though I didn't have a perfect day, I'm doing so much better than I was a few weeks ago. I eat a little less, I excercise a little more, I drink a lot more. The food I snack on is almost always a healthier choice. I'm cooking for my family again, and we are eating around the table. I've pulled myself out of a pit and though I have a long way to go, I'm no longer sliding backwards like I had been. (I had a friend help me see that I was fighting some post-partum depression.)
You guys are great! It is a big help to keep in mind that there are others here challenging me to stay focused and to meet some goals.
Gotta jump on the treadmill before I hit the sack, night all
Jenn

umma
11-13-2004, 01:36 AM
Hey Jenn,
As long as you keep a possitive attitude then things will change for you. It sounds like your doing a great job so far with all the improving that you have listed already. Then when you get discouarged....before eating the bad things, just sign onto here and read a few stories. It always helps me. Plus knowing that I have some people that I can talk with about the same problem always help. I know I'm not alone, and neither are you. Up untill about 9 weeks ago, I would come home from work, knowing that I needed to lose weight, and eat a pint of Ben and Jerrys ice cream. Then I came onto this site again and read so many success stories that I knew I could do the same thing. All you have to do is keep your ming going in the right direction. You also have to know that if you have a bad day, then just forgive yourself and start again on the very next day, or as soon as you realize it was a bad day.
Things will get easier. And we are all here to help.

Everyone else (and you too Jenn)
Hope all is well and everyone is doing what Sarge says (wink). I am going to get some sleep now. Not long till Monday and reporting in.

Have a healthy day.

Lori

umma
11-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Just wanted to see if I did this right

http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;42;59;0;0/c/-16/t/-92/k/b9b5/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Bulging2Much
11-14-2004, 05:08 AM
BE SURE TO READ THE END OF THIS POST!

I hope your weekend is going well. I just wanted to check in before Monday. I happened to be up at this hour since my head is so clogged. I just finished taking a hot shower, felt some wonderful relief, then took the dog outside and now one nostril is clogged again. :headache: Ugh. I need to dust, change sheets, kick the cat out from sleeping next to my head, etc. (Yes, even Sarge whines at times.) Oh well, I was sleeping since 5:30 last evening so I guess I can't complain too much. At least I got some sleep since it didn't happen after getting home from work yesterday. Now my son has strep throat. He was pretty sick yesterday. My daughter had the starts of it but is feeling much better. Sorry, enough about us.

Jenn, I'm glad to hear you were motivated to exercise. How did you do on the treadmill? Did you have a hard time getting to sleep after that? Do you have a set routine at all? You're making good decisions with your food. Most of all, thank your friend for helping you see PPD. I won't stay on this kick after this sentence, but just talk to your care provider if you think you're still in the midst of it. Exercise, eating healthier and some sense of routine (which is a chore in itself) will definately help, which I'm sure you already know. You've got our support. :grouphug: Hang in there! Lori is right, coming to this site is so inspiring and helpful. I know I can't count on everyone for an encouraging word, funny thought or story and a kick in the can. Remember how wonderful it felt when you put on those loose pants? Keep focusing on that, no matter what the scale says.

Lori, I'm proud that you've done your extra 10 minutes. You rock! How did dinner go? I hope you had a nice time.

How are you all doing with your goals? Start thinking about next week's goal. It can have nothing to do with poundage. I don't want to hear I'll lose this much or be this much by next Monday. Focus away from the scale for now. Remember, as a wise woman said (Shirley), it didn't go on in one day, it won't come off in one day. I've had such a calm about not stepping on the scale. Now, we'll see how calm I am on Monday. LOL, Sarge may have to hand her baton over to someone to use on me!

Ok, there's got to be a word limit which I'm sure I'm fast approaching. :blah: My fingers rattle on as much as my mouth. Keep the faith. We're in this together. We can do it! Ya'll are my inspriration to keep going this time. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

:drill: MONDAY Please Post: 1) If you accomplished your goal, 2) -/=/+ changes in weight, 3) The one thing you're most proud of doing this past week, and 4) your goal for next week. Does this sound too corny? Please let me know. What helps me may not be helpful for you and I don't want to turn anyone off.

Take care and thanks for letting me vent. A little sleep is a dangerous thing for me. :s:

umma
11-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Well today is the last day to get in any goal that we have set for ouselves. Yesterday I got in another 30 minute workout. THen we went to dinner. And I am very proud of myself. I DID NOT BINGE. I stuck to my points. I had a nice dinner and dessert and even had a couple points left over for some midnight munchies. (which I had at like 10 and then went to bed cause I was tired) All in all I had a good night.

Sarge, sorry to hear that you are stuffy, and your son is sick. Hope everyone gets better soon. How old are your kids? Its always hard, no matter how old they are, to see them sick. Oh yea, are you staying away from those cookies?

Everyone else, hope all is well. I must go clean again. I really wish I was rich enough to have someone else do it for me. But then again it is some moving around which turns into exercise somewhat.

Well, have a healthy day all.

Lori

http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;42;59;0;0/c/-16/t/-92/k/b9b5/weight.png

umma
11-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Hello everyone......where are you?

Well, it is Monday and I am here to report that I did accomplish my goal this week. Got my 3 workout days in and also did my extra 10 minutes for Sarge.
Not sure what my weigh in is yet today. I go to my WW meeting tonight to get weighed in and I really go by their scale since I think mine needs new batteries (its digital) and says some really strange weights latly. Although that could be a good thing since I am a scale watcher.
OK, so my goal this week.....I am going to stay off of that scale. Going to put it in the closet and not take it out. (or at least thats what I am going to try to do) I am also going to get in anohter 3 days of workouts. I am buying workout tapes from WW tonight so that I have different things to do. I really am hoping for a tread mill for Christmas.
Well, Im ust get going for now, Hubby is home with a toothache today. Going to start a big pot of soup for dinner tonight, so he can eat.
Hope to hear ALL of your reports soon. I will post tonight with my weigh in.

Have a healthy day.

Lori

Bulging2Much
11-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Lori, way to go meeting your goal for last week! Good job. I think not stepping on the scale is a great idea. It's tough but if I managed to do it, you can. Let us know what your weight is. Also, I think that's great that you're buying tapes. Variety is good.

As for me:

Goal- Met! I actually added 2 extra walks (which included the 10 extra minutes). One day of Curves, the rest was walking the dog.

Weight- I lost 3.5 pounds this week.

Goal for next week-Exercise 4 days, at least 2 being at Curves. (I actually got up at 6:00am and went this morning.) Also, 25 crunches per day this week.

Hope to hear from everyone else soon! Have a great week. Thanks for hanging in there with me, everyone. I appreciate your posts. It's so helpful to hear how others are doing.

Bulging2Much
11-15-2004, 04:34 PM
It got me again! And it tastes better this week than last! Oh, what to do?!

umma
11-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Ok here goes.....for every bite of cookie dough you had, add another 10 minutes exercise, or 10 crunches this week. Maybe if you think about all the extra excersice you won't want to eat it anymore. How old are your kids? Old enough to make the cookies themselves? You can beat this. You have will power. I know you do.

Well, I asked my husband that when I go to my WW meeting to hide the scale so that I can not find it. Although we are not in a big house and I know most hiding places, I am hoping out of site out of mind.

Enough for now....still waiting to hear from everyone else on how their week went.
Have a healthy day.
Lori

luvinmom
11-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Uugghh, I haven't lost anything! (I lost 2 pounds mid week when I snuck a peek, but I've got them back!) I did not meet my workout goal. I had planned on taking the kids on a long walk yesterday afternoon, but I had a sick kid, then I got hit with some wierd bug. I was so dizzy for about 6 hours that I had to hold the walls to stay upright. I fell to the floor while cooking dinner and DH had to help me get up because I kept falling over everytime I started to stand. Scary stuff :( ! However, I was way more active this week than usual. I played more with the kids, and I'm turning an upstairs room into a schoolroom so I ran up and down the stairs at least 10 more times than usual each day, I also went on a cleaning frenzy on Sat. I drank all of my water every day except 1. And today I went to a buffet with my mom. Since I had to do 3 rounds to the bathroom with kids, and 4 rounds to the food bar with kids, my food had plenty of time to get to my tummy. I doubt I ate half of what I've been known to eat at those places! Yeah me! (can it be a yeah me when it wasn't really my discipline that accomplished it??)
I'm noticing a big change in the way I'm thinking. More and more often I hear myself say "When I lose the weight" and not "If I lose the weight". I growled at the scale this morning (literally :lol: ) but I didn't whine about it, or let it ruin my day.
For this week. 1) Continue drinking 64 oz of water daily. 2.) Excercise: 3 times this week, and do toning 3 times. Plus I'll match that 25 a day on abs! 3.) Stop eating by 8:00 4.) Eat everything at the table. I eat a lot less when I have to sit at the table with my food!
This is doable for me, but definitely a challenge! I've got to get busy, I haven't even had half of my water yet today thanks to being gone most of the day.

Jenn

(My hubby is so excited about the new attitude that he asked me how long before we have the next babe! I told him I really want to hit 150 or less and get Samantha sleeping through the night. My new schoolroom may have to turn back into a bedroom for baby #5 :dizzy: )

Bulging2Much
11-15-2004, 07:20 PM
Jenn, are you sure you're not pregnant now? ;) I had vertigo, or what they thought was a virus affecting my inner ears, and it was horrible. I never want to feel that way again. You have my sympathy on that. Jenn, I'm so proud of you! Do you realize you're telling us about the positive changes you made this past week, and also next week, and didn't let the scale get you down. I can tell you have a new mindset. And isn't it great your hubby noticed as well? I think it's great. Don't get so caught up in the scale. You know you have work to do this week. You clearly set your goals and I know you'll achieve them. Keep concentrating on the positive. :)

Lori, I know who should be promoted to 5 star general! Now, what do you consider a bite? I haven't had as many baked cookies as last week. But you're just what I needed. I will do 10, no 15 extra crunches a day. Man, I can't get away with anything. Next you'll have me scrubbing the floor with a toothbrush! My daughter is 10 and my son will be 6 on Thursday. My birthday is on Wednesday. We've already started to celebrate with a little party last night.(I won't tell you that I had cake last night and a peice this morning.) I'm glad you asked your husband to hide the scale. When the urge strikes, think of how ridiculous you'll look hunting through the house for a scale. Do you want that little thing to have that much power over you? :?:

I'm worried that we haven't heard from anyone else. I hope I didn't scare them and that they're still hanging in there. I'm off to have dinner, take a walk and do my CRUNCHES. :mad: ugh.

umma
11-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Hello ladies,

Jenn I am really sorry to hear that you had a bad day with not feeling well, and being dizzy. Is that the first time it has happened? You might want to be carefull. But I am very glad to hear that you DID NOT let the scale ruin your day. you may not have lost pounds but who knows maybe you lost inches?
Things will get easier especially since your mind set has changed. Congrats for that.
Sarge, not sure I want the promotion just yet, but I am trying to keep you on track the way you keep me on. I guess a bite would be at least 1 cookie, or the equivilant (sp?) in cookie dough. One day your just going to stop making them all together (probably not) but you will be able to NOT eat them.

As for me, I bought the tapes from weight watchers tonight and plan on doing them at least 4 times this week. And while I was gone at my meeting my hubby did hide the scale. so we will see how long it takes for me to try to find it. lol
I also lost another 1.8 pounds. My new total is 18.6 down. I am really proud of myself. Some times I get so discouraged but I know I can do this and I WILL do this.
Well its time to get kids in bed and I will post tomorrow.
Have a healthy night.

Lori

http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;42;59;0;0/c/-16/t/-102/k/7c85/weight.png

gfmomx6
11-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Sorry all, I have been so absent lately. Life is busy! Thanks for the PM's, makes me feel good to get on the computer and have email that is not SPAM!! :lol:

Okay for my week- :shrug: I don't know what happened! I did get through without stepping on the scale until this morning! That's the only thing I accomplished! I only exercised 1 time!! :sorry: My weight went down, but only by 1/2 pound :( It's the first time in 15 weeks that it hasn't been at least a pound. I didn't help things today either, the chips were just calling my name all day! I ate some with lunch and a whole :ink: grab bag of french onion Sun Chips on the way to town.(End confession time!)
On the good side- My hubby lost 6 pounds!! :goodscale I am so proud of him!! He is drinking lots of water, usually it's just lots of coffee! :coffee2:

My goals for this week are- 1)Exercise 3 times 2)Continue to drink 100oz or more everyday 3)Write down everything I eat, good and bad!! I keep blaming the cold weather on the lack of exercise, but when I walked the other day it was cold, and it was so refreshing outside. I really have no excuse! SOMEBODY KICK :rollpin: ME INTO GEAR!!!!!!!!!
I have to admit though, I feel really good about myself overall-15 weeks ago I would never have thought I would lose 27.5 pounds in this time. I haven't done too bad, but I know I can do better! I am worth it, my husband and children are worth it!!

Jenn, I hope you are feeling better! If it happens again go see your Dr.! High blood pressure will cause dizziness and fainting. I've been there, had to take medication. My kids are-daughters 18, 11, 9 and 4, sons are 17 and almost 2(January 8) My oldest daughter moved to Washington after she graduated in May. I am homeschooling my 11 & 9 yo girls and my 17 yo son. It is quite a challenge!!

Rebecca and Lori, you guys are doing good(even with the cookie dough!) I am proud of you! :cheer: Next week I will be proud of myself!!

Well, I will end the book now. Glad to see everyone doing good! Keep it up! Tomorrow is a new day, and we will succeed!!
Peace,
Kathy

Bulging2Much
11-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Kathy, you should be proud of yourself. You stayed off of the scale, you exercised once instead of not at all and you lost 1/2 pound! You need to concentrate on the positive. Now, you need to increase the exercise. You didn't meet your goal, but at least you did something which is better than nothing! I know your plate is full (sorry, bad example) but you said it best when you stated you wanted to change for yourself. You'll be such a more energetic mom, wife and friend. You can do this. We don't always have weeks we're proud of but there's always something we can build on. You named your new goals. Now, no excuses. :drill: I want them met this week! You can do it. I'm the queen of excuses. If I can do it, so can you. You're inspiring me to keep going. I can't wait to say that I've lost 27.5 pounds. :cloud9: Concentrate on your goals, not the scale. Think of getting yourself healthier and your body will listen. I won't get on you too much about the chips because I fell to them again, as well. However, mine were of the chocolate variety. :D I also want to be hearing from you more often. It's easier to stay on track if you keep checking in with everyone. We can't keep on you if you don't check in.

Lori, yoo-hoo! :dancer: Good for you. I'm happier about the fact you bought the tapes. Let me know how it goes. Did you find the scale yet? Remember what I said.:nono:

Jenn, how are you feeling? I hope you haven't been dizzy again. Kathy's right, you should see your doctor if you're still experiencing those symptoms. Also, are you eating and drinking enough? If you're breastfeeding, you know that little one will zap it from you. Don't fool around.

As for me, I hit Curves again this morning. :strong: I picked my friend up and we went at 6:20 this morning. I did my 35 crunches after my workout. Oh yes, Lori, my husband made me do 40 last night. UGH! He likes your line of thinking. He thinks I should've done the extra exercise though. We did take the walk. It was a wonderful brisk 15 minute walk. The whole family went. I work tonight but my friend offered to keep my son after kindergarten, so I can sleep tomorrow, and then we're going to Curves tomorrow afternoon.

Ok, well I have to get in the shower. Keep checking in and let us know how you're doing. We can do this ladies. I'm proud of all of you! Lets keep it going! :grouphug:

Have a great day.

umma
11-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Hello everyone,

How is everyone doing today?
Kathy, you don't need us to kick you into gear...sounds like you have already done that yourself. I am proud of you for not getting discouraged, and for staying happy with your self. You did fine this week. You realized where you went wrong and have decided to try to fix that. Congrats. And beside 1/2 a pound is better then no pounds.lol Hang in there, we're all here with ya.
Rebecca, Glad to hear you went to curves this morning. But 6:20 is WAY to early for me. Also glad to hear that you did the extra crunches. Is your husband working out with you? I think its great that he is helping you stay focused.
Jenn, how are you doing? eeling better I hope with NO dizzy spells?

Well, as far as me....I did 2 out of the 3 tapes that I bought today. So that was two 30 minute workouts. The second one was a little tough but I got though it, and right now I feel great. I know I can do this and get at least 2 to 3 more workouts this week. Don't think I can do the crunches just yet. We have all hardwood floors and I really don't have a mat to lay on. I will work on getting one though.
Ok, time to take a shower and get ready to pick my son up from school.
Hope to hear from you all soon. I enjoy reading your posts.

Have a healthy day.
Lori

http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;42;59;0;0/c/-19/t/-102/k/de97/weight.png

umma
11-16-2004, 02:17 PM
How do I get rid of the second ticker? why is 2 of them showing up?

gfmomx6
11-16-2004, 11:38 PM
I just wanted to thank you both! You made me feel better today! :sunny: It really shows me how good it is to have support and encouragement on this journey. I have my husband cheering me on also, but it's not the same as woman to woman support! Ya'll are awesome!
As for my day-I got in my exercise(not on purpose! :^: )The water pump went out on my van :censored:when I went to town and I ended up walking to the bank and back to the store where my van was, but it was still a good 15-20 walk with my 4 yo! One down, two to go!! I didn't get all my water in, I ended up being in town a "little" longer than I thought I would! Food-Chips got me again, and about 1/4 of a loaf of french bread, but the rest of the day was good.
Hope you all had a good day! "See" you tomorrow.
Peace,
Kathy

PS- I came up with a name for our "group"!! Bulging Beauties!! Soon to be the Bikini Beauties!! :rofl: :lol3:

Bulging2Much
11-17-2004, 09:54 AM
What a great name, the Bulging Beauties! Great idea. I'm sorry to hear about your van, Kathy. It sounds like you looked at the positive...you got your exercise in. Now I don't have to hound you about not doing it.:)

Ok, I'm on my way to bed but I had to stop in for a confessional. I arrived home this morning to find my husband and daughter at each other. There were about 15 minutes left until the bus and no one had breakfast yet. So I diffused the situation, managed to get everyone on their way but no one said HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Oh, I know I'll be able to milk this one for awhile. But I was bad and let my emotions get me. I had a sandwich and a "more than average like I'm more than average" piece of cake. It was delicious, but I know I must suck it up and pay the price. So who's going to give it to me? Or are all of you going to give sweet payback? :snooty: Hmm, perhaps I should make all of you pay for my mistake? No, this was a huge infraction. Ok, I'm ready for my punishment, if I must (key word-IF). Just remember I'm a year older so go easy on me. :sorry: I don't mean to whine about this. But golly, I sound pretty self-centered, don't I? Whining's over.

I hope you all have a good day. I'll be talking to you later. Keep up the fight, ladies! We can overcome and underwear. Huh? I get really stupid due to sleep deprivation. Good night.

umma
11-17-2004, 10:15 AM
Hello ladies,
I absolutly agree with the name Buldging Beauties, I love it. Although, not sure you would ever catch me wearing a bikini :o lol.
Kathy, sorry to here about your van. It is always a pain in the butt when a vehicle breaks down. But as Sarge said, you did look at the possitive side and got some walking in. And I have faith in you that you can get at least one maybe two more days in. :D I don't know about Sarge, but I give you a pass for the chips this time. Just try to get the water in, it really is an important key to weight loss.
As for you Sarge...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :balloons: :hb:
I also give you a pass on the cake thing. Since it is your birthday. Besides with the way you are, you will probably do some extra something on your own ;) . But you don't HAVE to. Maybe your family is planning something for tonight. If not, milk it for all its worth :lol: . You deserve it.
As for me, I want you to know that the stupid metal box that used to be in my bathroom is still hidden (the scale). Every time I walked into the bathroom yesterday I was looking for it. How pathetic is that? I even asked my husband to take it out just once. He, of course, told me NO. I wasn't mad though because I know he is only doing what I asked him to. Although the thought of trying to find it did cross my mind, untill I thought about what Sarge said. I would probably be silly looking all over the house for the scale. So I forgot about it and went on with my night.
Last night I had NO cravings for chocolate, and if you all know me yet, that is one of my favorite things. But I didn't even want it. My kids were eating a big candy bar from their halloween bowl and it didn't even bother me. YEA for me :cp: I have to say I was proud of myself. I am also going to try to get in another workout today. I felt good yesterday after doing them. Maybe this exersice thing is catching on.
Well, time to go start my cleaning. Sleep well, Sarge, and have a great birthday. Kathy keep going with that possitive attitude. It will get you far.

Have a healthy day,
Lori

bandit2
11-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Hi everyone - mind if I join this group? I am a ww & have my meetings on Mon.
I am currently at 205# and do WATP tapes for exercise. Just stopped going to Curves for the winter since it is not handy with the extra driving - I really liked Curves when I got there but made alot of excuses not to go. Live with bf for 1 yr & have a 18 yr old in 1st year university. My bf is a big-time junk food eater & is always having treats - I
find this is one of my biggest challenges at night. But I am determined to drop weight & treat each day as a new beginning. My immediate goal is to get under 200# & exercise at least 3x this week. I have no trouble drinking all my water.
Anyway, hope I can get & give some tips here & look forward to chatting with you.
Bye for now!

umma
11-17-2004, 05:56 PM
I think I can speak for everyone and welcome you to our group. We are all doing different things here. We are also a pretty motivating group. Just ask Sarge lol. We are making weekly goals for ourselves, outside of the weight numbers. So your goal for this would be the working out 3 times this week. We check in on Mondays with our results for the week. Weather or not we met our goals, good and bad things that happened during the week and what our losses are. We also set new goals for the week on Mondays.
Besides all of that we post when ever we want during the week.

I am also on WW and weigh in on mondays. Reading about you it sounded like me. I fight the nighttime snack monster all the time, but have found different snacks that fit into my points. Chocolate is one of my biggest monsters. I fight with that one all the time, but have found these wonderful brownies that if you make them into cupcakes they are only 2 points.

Ok enough about that, welcome to our group.

Have a healthy day,
Lori

gfmomx6
11-17-2004, 06:05 PM
Can only stop in for a minute but wanted to say Happy Birthday!! :hb: You're as old as me now! Hope you slept well! I say-make 'em pay for forgetting your birthday this morning-dinner, house cleaned, flowers, whatever you want today and the rest of the week!! Moms birthday should last a week anyway! And since it's your birthday I think we'll let you have cake :D Just don't try it again till next year-we won't fall for it!
Lori, thanks for the pass-I owe you one. I have almost got all my water in for the day. I don't think anyone will see me in a bikini-EVER-but it was a thought!!
Welcome Bandit2, the more the merrier :grouphug:
Well, I better get outta here, we have to go fix my :censored: van! Good thing my husband is a mechanic!!
Hope you all have a great, healthy night! I will stop in tomorrow!!
Peace,
Kathy

Bulging2Much
11-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Welcome, Bandit. Lori summed it up. The more the merrier. I can't believe they didn't warn you about me. Hence, the nickname.:drill: I hope I don't scare you off too soon and I'm glad you're here. We're with you for the one-way journey to a healthier babe. My daughter was laughing at the thought of me wearing a bikini. I was asking my husband if I lost all this weight, should I get plastic surgery to remove the extra skin. Anyway, I told her if I ever have that bod, it's going into a sexy momma bikini! :p

The crew came through. They made me a homemade taco pizza with a candle and a homemade card (a chicken working out with dumbbells). It was very cute. They did while I was at CURVES FOR THE 3RD TIME THIS WEEK! :o I dragged my friend there tonight. She also calls me Sarge. I must really be a pain. Anyway, it's great motivation for both of us to keep going. I was able to do the standing quad stretch tonight. :D My friend had to help me get one of my legs up a bit further. I told her that's why I bring her. I can't wait to be more flexible.

I have to admit, the cake is the tip of the iceberg. I haven't really been eating well this week. But I've been moving soooo much more. I figure I'll wait another week or so before really cracking down on my diet. I just need to keep moving. Ya'll are so motivating as well. It feels so good to be able post that I exercised again. And I did my crunches, Lori. My abs are still rebelling.

Ok, enough of that. Kathy, did you get another day of exercise in? How are you making out with your tapes, Lori? Bandit, I have the WATP tapes as well. I just may have to break out Leslie this week. Good luck to all. And since I'm on such a high, I'm issuing another surprise challenge...Drink 2 extra glasses of water tomorrow or the day you read this. NO EXCUSES! :coach:

I'm off to take a shower. By the way, my husband wants you to know that he does help with the house cleaning and laundry already. I agree. I'm so lucky to have a great one like him.:smug: Don't worry though, he's still feeling guilty. I'm sure I'll get another couple of days out of it. Have a great night.

piink rockz
11-18-2004, 01:16 AM
Hi ladies- Ive been here a couple times but Ms. Rebecca reminds me to get on and receive and offer support. I am doing well, except for those sweet tooth cravings that creep up on me. Rebecca ordered me 10 crunches for that = ) I am doing well. The first few months at Curves I was doing the curves workout 6 times a week and in the beginning I would add a 20 minute walk and/ or pilates. As the months passed I was just doing the Curves workout. After a while I started worrying about burning out at Curves so for the last month or so I have been trying to change it up a bit. I am doing Curves about 3 times a week and power walking the other day. Some days I do pilates and some days I do both. I also started lagging on my 8 glasses of water a day. I am doing better though I've been getting all my water in. My weigh/ measure in day at Curves was Sunday which means I should have done it Monday but I did not. I was thinking of skipping it for a while. I definately do not want to get on the scale. It never fails to disappoint me and I think the scale will be the root of failing for me. Just when I 'know' I lost something stays the same. Does anyone think this is good or bad? I know I should be keeping track of my progress. I plan to measure in, though I havent done it for a little over a month and it is supposed to be done monthly. Blah. Any comments ladies?

luvinmom
11-18-2004, 03:27 AM
Happy Birthday!!! I agree, birthdays get a freebie!

I've been doing well, workouts and water are on track. I've not gotten dizzy again, thanks for all the concern!

I'm having a hard time sleeping tonight, but I still need to get back in bed so I'm making this quick. I've totally missed the late eating goal. Hubby keeps coming in from work late and I always wait for him. I guess I better stop that, hmm. We sign on a house Friday so I may not be in touch much for the next week our 2. I'll be lurking and pop in to post a quick line as often as I can.

Well I've got a baby that should be ready to eat soon, and I have to get up early and get extra school done with the kids to help balance out the next few weeks. Good night all.

Jenni

Bulging2Much
11-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Hi ya! How's everyone doing today? Lori, I forgot to tell you that I'm still cracking up about the "stupid metal box" in your bathroom. :rofl: You're too funny. But I'm glad you remembered what I said. I have to admit, I've been tempted to peek more than I have this week. Did you catch that? Yes, I looked a couple of times. I won't for the rest of the week. I have to practice what I command. Jenni, keep at it, doll. I'm glad you're staying on track. Are you exercising at night? That could be why you're having trouble sleeping. It may also have something to do with the new house, baby, husband working late and about every other 90,000,000 things you have going on right now. I'm glad to hear you haven't had anymore dizzy spells. Keep up with the water. Speaking of that....ahhh, just had a glass. See, you're inspiring me! Ok, ladies, have a good day. I hope to hear from you all soon, including Bandit and Kathy. Oh and thanks for the freebie from yesterday. :D

Fondly,

umma
11-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Hello everyone, and how are we all doing? Me? I am doing pretty good. Although I fell asleep for an hour with my daughter this morning and she woke up before me. Ican't find my living room floor. She lost it under all of her toys. So needless to say I must clean before I can get a workout in today. Wouldn't that count as 2 workouts? ;) I did get in another 2 workouts yesterday. So I have 2 days of workouts but 4 workouts done. This extra 2 glasses of water might have me in the bathroom all night but I will do it. I already get like 10 to 12 glasses in a day, so I might be floating at work tonight.

Kathy, Keep up the good work with getting your water in. I'm glad your hubby is a mechanic, won't cost as much to get your car fixed. How is he doing with his weight loss? Still getting him witht he plate trick?

Sarge, OK, is that an excuse I was reading before? Why do you have to wait till next week to start you lifestyle change (diet)? Why not start it now? You don't have to be so drastic this week but start cutting back now instead of saying,"ok now I can only have this much from now on" Just cut back a litle at a time and keep with the exercise and you can do it. Oh, and congrats on going to Curves 3 times this week already. Keep up the good work.

Piink, Do you really have to weigh yourself or can you just go on the measurements? Maybe thats all you have to do, stay away from the scale.
Inches off is just as good as pounds gone. Just keep up with the activity and water and eventually the weight will start to drop off.

Jenn, You sound like a very busy ladie. When do you have time to even eat? lol I am glad to hear there are no more dizzy spells. Maybe you were just under to much stress. Congrats on the new house. Try to check in every once in a while in the next couple of weeks just so we know your ok.

Well time for me to get my butt going and clean up this toy store, I mean living room. Then get in a workout. We are at mid week and everyone who is having a slow start with their goals for the week should start to get moving.
I will check in tonight after work. Have a healthy day ladies.

Lori

charmed
11-18-2004, 11:00 PM
I'm here, just not sure why....no let me take that back, I know why it's the admitting part I'm having trouble with. Calories today...we just wont go there. Started out great but went straight down hill.

Bfast: oatmeal, water, 1 piece of whole wheat toast, barley there butter
Lunch: hamburger, bun, slushie x2, chips (diet chips)
Dinner: fake taters, dash of gravy, coffee, koolaid 6oz, manicotti 1 1/2 peices and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese.

See no self restraint...I did move furniture and clean today for atleast 2 hours. I'm going to step for a little while. I hope...Better tomorrow, better tomorrow, better tomorrow....
Any advice is welcome....
Hugs and revolution

umma
11-19-2004, 01:21 AM
hello everyone,
Just wanted to post and let Sarge know that I got that extra water in today. Although I think 14 glasses of water in one day is way to much. I think I gained just from the water....lol
Well I did get another workout tape in today. Only one, but it was an intence one. My legs feel like rubber.
Anyway, I am going to go to bed. I will check in again in the morning.
Have a healthy day,
Lori

Bulging2Much
11-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Lori, did you think of me everytime you were up to the potty? :D You're doing great. Good job on the water and tape. I know you're right about the food. I stopped writing everything down and I think that's a no-no for me. I'll start doing it again. I met my exercise goal. 4x's at Curves this week. I'm also doing my crunches. I missed yesterday but I'll make them up after my abs stop quivering for awhile. My water intake must increase today. It was poor yesterday. I feel myself slipping in the diet and water department. Help me ladies. I won't give up though. I'll keep you going if you keep me going.

Charmed, pick a goal for the week. We actually check in on Monday so you'll have a 1/2 week. Concentrate on something you can do by then. For instance, exercise 2 times or drinking 6 glasses of water for the next 3 days. Nothing to do with weight. We'll work on you. But start small. Once you build up your confidence, you'll have more strength to control yourself. At least you're here with us.

How is everyone else doing? I think some of the bulging beauties went MIA. I hope they check in soon. The more the better.

Ok, I hope everyone has a healthy and productive day. Take care. ;)

gfmomx6
11-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Good Morning All! I am having a good day so far(it's only 10:17)!! I have already drank 1 bottle of water(I usually drink 3-4 33.8 oz bottles) Most days I don't start until lunch, so I'm ahead! I am on my way out into the COLD morning to get my 3rd day of exercise in! That will meet my goal for exercise, but I WILL get at least one more in before Monday. I have also been writing down everything I eat, the good and the bad, bad, bad! The only goal I didn't meet was not getting on the scale!! It made me step on it, I swear! :devil: It was there in front of the toilet and said I couldn't pee until I weighed, and with all that water :drill: Sarge made us drink yesterday, I just had to do it, I really had to go!!!! :dizzy: Okay, okay, I'm a bad liar! ;) But I promise to stay off until Monday!
I am little down :( 'cause I know I am not going to make my Monday wieght loss goal. Oh well, I just have to set a new one for Christmas. I am NOT going to beat myself up!
Lori, awesome exercise!! I need to get myself motivated that much! You inspire me to get off my bottom!(and that's quite a chore!! :lol: )
Sarge-Glad to hear your family treated like the :queen: you are for your birthday!!
Luvinmom-I'm glad you're feeling better, good luck on the new house! Check in when you can!
Charmed-Welcome to the Bulging Beauties, the best group on the board!! Better tomorrow is something I always say!! Sometimes it is, sometimes its not, but there is always another one to start over with!! Good Luck, we are here for you!
I better get out of here, with all my distractions(kids) it has taken me an hour! to write this!! :dizzy: I need to go walk and have some quiet time!!
Peace,
Kathy

umma
11-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Hello my fellow buldging beauties,

First things first..... Kathy and Sarge, Way to go on meeting your goals for the week already, and its only Thursday. You guys are awesome. I am really proud of us all. Now all you have to do is stay off the scale. That goes for you too Sarge. Mine is still hidden and I haven't tried to look for it yet. I am glad we are all getting that water in too. Again, VERY PROUD!!!!!

As for me personally, I am doing great with the water today as well. I don't think I will get a workout today. Not enough time, and the fact that my legs still hurt from yesterdays workout doesn't help. But I will get at least one more (maybe two) in this week.

I won't be around till tomorrow night. I am going to spend the night at a friends house. So I will check in tomorrow night when I get home.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK LADIES!!!!

Have a healthy weekend,
Lori

umma
11-19-2004, 03:26 PM
SOrry I missed someone..... Welcome aboard Charmed. Hope to learn more about you soon.
Lori

Bulging2Much
11-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Oh, ladies, where are you when I need you? I had a HUGE ham & cheese sub, w/ xtra cheese and mayo. On top of that, some FF from McD's. I feel like a :moo:. I know better than that. Ugh. Pepsi washed it all down. No doubt about it, I'm in for some extra exercise tomorrow and Sunday. Well, thanks for hearing my confession.

How does everyone feel about measuring themselves in addition to weighing? I thought it might help boost those that aren't losing the pounds but might be losing inches. Just a thought.

Ok, off to do some laundry.

Sincerely, me the :ink:

piink rockz
11-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Hey Rebecca- sounds like a FULL day hehe. Been there, done that. Thats ok, we all have bad days. Don't let 1 silly bad day stop the progress. I think measuring is an excellent idea for those of us, (like moi) who arent shedding pounds. Knowing that I'm loosing inches makes me feel good and forget about the scale. Better eats tomorrow!

gfmomx6
11-20-2004, 12:24 PM
(Start Rant) Why does my husband have to be a mechanic/truck driver/cowboy??? :?: Why can't he do something that would let us live where it is warm :hot: most of the year??? It is only the beginning of Winter and I am COLD!! It is 30* this morning and that is ~warm~! It gets to the -teens here. I know it's colder in other places(we lived in Alaska for a year) BUT I WANT WARM RIGHT NOW!! I want to go outside and walk! I want to see the sun :sunny: , not this fog and inversion!(END Rant)Thanks for listening!

Good Morning Beauties!! Sorry for the rant, just had to get that off my chest! How is everyone? It is 9:12 here and not a single child is awake!! :D It is so quiet(except the cat on my lap that sounds like a buzzsaw!) I know as soon as I pull out my bible study they will all crawl into bed with me! So I will sit here on the :comp: and PLAY! WAKE UP EVERYONE :coffee: (you guys-not my children!!) Come out and play-or I will have to go do work (housework :eek: ) !!
Okay, I guess thats enough of my rambling :blah: I'll check in later!
Peace,
Kathy

oldwriter
11-20-2004, 07:35 PM
First - a concern. :?:
Kathy, how many ounces in those glasses of water?
8oz.-1cup is a glass. They say 8 cups is enough.
14? - you can drownd yourself you know by drinking more than your body can handle. Please at least check with your doctor. I'm worried for you.

Well, I have been hiding in shame. :o I had 4lbs off on that Sat.- exercised and gained 2, :?: Was working late upstairs when Tom came home at 9pm and neither of us had eaten for hours. Went to eat at the good old truck stop. Gained 2 lbs more by Mon morn.
So disgusted, I have been in hiding since and not doing well.

Stresses with Home loan refinancing and getting house ready for my sister (on chemo) and her hubby from Fla. I want their room and bathroom as clean as I can so there aren't so many germs around her.
My body is fighting me. I walked all over Wally World for hours shopping yesterday, missed getting home in time for Tom to help me unload everything. My legs were screaming at me and I have been bushed all day today - everything is creaking. :rolleyes: Everything seems to go at a :snail: pace.
Well enough of being a :bb: :sorry:
Guess i'll grab a :coffee2:relax tonight and get back on track. I have stayed off the scale; but will look on Mon and do a measurement. :dizzy:

oldwriter
11-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Hi Charmed,
Welcome. I really like your avitar, I think I feel like that many days.
jump right in, it's a nice group. Carol

umma
11-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Good Evening all,
Just got home a little while ago from staying at a friends house for the night. Was very good while I was there and did not cheat or anything. Stayed right on the points.......untill now. Well not really, but all I want to do right now is raid the kids halloween candy bowl. I have such a sweet tooth right now its not funny. HELP!!!!

Sarge, tisk tisk tisk, was it at least worth it? By the way, your forgiven. But I want an extra workout from you after you read this. (most likely sunday right?)
Not to sure about measureing myself. Might have to give it a shot. Gotta get a measurer first though.
Kathy, I know how you feel about the cold, but personally I hate the summer too. If it could be spring and fall all year I would be more then happy.
Oldwriter, It was me with the 14 glasses of water. I never thought of it as being harmful. I drink 10 to 12 glasses a day normally. But I did feel pretty full that day.
And please don't feel ashamed, I'm sure we all have done that. Lose weight half way through and then put it back on. I know I have. Although this week I couldn't tell you how I did cause the scale is still in hiding (wink at Sarge)
Well I am sooooooo tired. Stayed up talking like school girls last night. So I must go to bed now. Hope everyone has a healthy and happy day tomorrow (sunday) I will check in later.

oldwriter
11-21-2004, 09:47 AM
Thanks umma for setting me straight. Sorry Kathy.
Found I can't buy Pistaccio nuts. Couldn't stay out of them. They are gone now, crossing them off my list for long time, then will buy small amount.
Have a blessed Sunday. Will see you here tomorrow. Carol

Bulging2Much
11-21-2004, 11:00 AM
HiYa,

Sarge checking in. Lori, in regards to the sub: I was sad for a few minutes. Then I wasn't. Then I was guilty for awhile, then I wasn't. Right now, it's a distant memory in the pages of my flab. Ok, so I know I need to get grip on myself. I will go for a walk after I type this. I had to work over this morning. So my adrenaline was pumping and I hope it lasts until this afternoon. I need to stay awake because the bowling party for my son is in a few hours. Nothing like 8 kids at a bowling alley to pass the time. But it'll be fun. Kathy, that's nothing for you, I'm sure. ;)

As for the water thing, as long as you don't go much over that, you should be ok. Just make sure you space it out and that's if you don't have any other conditions to worry about. Minimum for most people is 8 glasses/day. It also depends on activity, other beverages and diet. You don't want to lose too much sodium. You're looking for light to clear pee, ladies. I wouldn't worry if that's all you drank and you're already used to drinking close to that anyway. Lori, it sounds like you're staying on track. Kathy, Carol, Piink, Jenni, and Charmed, we have to keep up with her!

Come out from the shame, Carol. As you've read, my week has been awful as far as diet is concerned. I'm pretty sure my "stupid metal box in the bathroom" won't be working correctly tomorrow. I think it's coming down with the flu. But if you get back on the ball, so will I, ok? We can do it. It sounds like everyone has had their share of stresses this past week. Let's pray for saner times.

Ok, I'm off to take my walk (ok, Lori?!) and let the chocolate fudge cake cool. :devil: I promise I won't take a bite. GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH TO FIGHT THE CHOCOLATE! :^:

Remember troops, weigh-in is tomorrow. I also want to know how you did on your goals. Think of another, not involving pounds. Also, does everyone have someone to help measure you? Measure tomorrow as well. Let's just keep track of inches lost. We'll check every month. Have a great day.

umma
11-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Hello everyone,
I am going to buy a measureing tape but I have never measured myself before. Where am I measuring? around my waist? (or at least where my waist is supposed to be? lol) Is there anywhere else we are measuring? So now that I sound silly, I will get back to cleaning so I can get a workout in today.
Check back later.

Lori

umma
11-21-2004, 02:10 PM
By the way, the kids candy bowl got me last night. Ended up eating 3 pieces of the candy and them a brownie. :o :(
Just had to confess that. Was trying to forget that it ever happened. :^:
Ok going to really get that workout in now.
TTFN
Lori

gfmomx6
11-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Somebody gave me the flu! :( I don't want it, I've already had it this year! Isn't there a law about only having the flu once a year?? :?: (I WISH!!) Started getting it last night, couldn't go to church this morning, didn't want to lay in bed so I've been cleaning house :dunno: Just can't stay in bed anymore. I just had this a few months ago, the only good thing was I lost 5 pounds that week! :D
What you ladies need is something legal(non fat/low fat)to eat when you want something sweet. Have you tried the WW 1 point crustless pumpkin pie, spoon of fat free whip cream on top?? MMM, good! Or take a two graham crackers(they do make low fat) put fat free whip cream between them and freeze them, almost like an ice cream sandwich. Really helps me when I NEED :hungry: something sweet!
About the water, I drink gallons! The only other thing I drink is a sugar free chai latte in the morning, then, just water all day. I read somewhere that you should drink (in ounces) half your body weight in water. I don't know if it's true but I have definitely been drinking that much, and it does help to curb your appetite. I will be calling my Dr in the morning though and finding out if you can drink "too much" water. I don't want to hurt myself in any way. :faint: I'll let you all know.
Rebecca :drill: STEP AWAY FROM THE CAKE!! ONLY ONE WARNING WOMAN!! You said you wanted some forceful women here, I am a mom of MANY and I can kick some butt! Don't want to have hurt you! ;)
Carol, good to see you back! Don't stay away because of falling off, come back and let us support you! That's what we're here for. :grouphug:
As for the rest of you who aren't checking in-GET BACK HERE!!
Well, I'm going to rest for awhile, then clean some more!
Peace,
Kathy aka the :crazy: lady

umma
11-21-2004, 07:01 PM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE share the recipe. I just saw one on a web site but want to make sure about it. And if it is WW that you have then better for me since that is what I am following. Thanks.
Well, I got in another workout today. My legs are again rubber.
Kathy, I hope you feel better soon. The flu can be a pain in the butt. Especially with the amount of other stresses you have. Take it easy and get better soon.
Rebecca, please post and tell us that you didn't touch any of that cake. Kathy might get you if you did. ;)
Well, time to make dinner. "talk" to you all soon.

Lori

gfmomx6
11-21-2004, 08:09 PM
My family loves this-just made one last night!!

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Serves 8, 1 WWP per serving

1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
1 can evaporated skim milk (12 oz)
3/4 cup egg substitute (or 3 egg whites)-I use egg whites-it's cheaper
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 C. Splenda (or sugar) or to taste-I use half of each so that might up the points a little

Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour into a 9" sprayed pie pan. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, and then at 325 for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

This pie tastes WONDERFUL with light or fat free cool whip, trust me, you won't even miss the crust!

Peace,
Kathy

umma
11-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Thanks Kathy, although there are some differences. Wonder if they matter. The one that I found today said to use 29 ounce can of pumpkin, and 12 ounce can of fat free evaporated milk. Think there is a difference. :?:

gfmomx6
11-21-2004, 08:41 PM
I think you would have to use a larger pie pan if you used 29 oz. This recipe fills a 9 in pan to about 1/2 inch below the rim, and then it "puffs" to the top of the rim. I don't know what difference it would make in taste to use double the pumpkin but not any more sugar or spice? Does the other recipe make 2 pies?? I've never seen another recipe for this, I got this from a lady on another board who has been in weight watchers for years.
Let me know if you try the other recipe.
Peace,
Kathy

Bulging2Much
11-22-2004, 09:24 AM
Kathy, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Take it easy, though. Rest is what you need. Don't overdo. As for the cake, I'm proud to say I stayed away. Lori, 3 pieces is a heck of a lot better than what I would've done. Now, Halloween is over. If there's anymore candy left, get rid of it! The kids will survive. That's an order. :drill:

I just returned from my 6:30 workout at Curves. I went with my friend again. It's so much easier to do it that way. Don't you wish we could all workout together? What fun would that be.

I'm down another 1/2 pound. I completed my exercise goal and then some. I did take a walk with my husband last night after I posted. I did crunches 4 days last week, including my add-ons from Lori. :mad:

So, overall, it wasn't a bad week at all. Except for my eating. I also didn't get all of my water in. This week my goals are:

1) Exercise 5 days, including 2 days at Curves, and 2) Drink at least 8 glasses of water for 5 days. I will have my husband measure me. Lori, you need to get someone to measure you. This is what we're going to measure:
a) Bust
b) Waist
c) Hip
d) Thigh
e) Calf
f) Upper Arm.

Let's compare measurements every four weeks. That'll be 12/20 for check in on inches lost. I hope those of you that are frustrated with the scale will see improvement here.

Ok, I'm off to get my shower and have breakfast. Have a great Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful for. I'll be checking in to see how you all did.

Oh, this is for everyone. Please remember that we're here for you. If you're down, don't let that keep you away. We're here to support each other. We can't do that if you don't check in. Keep at it. Yard by yard is hard, inch by inch is a cinch, especially with the BULGING BEAUTIES!! ;) Have a great and blessed week.

oldwriter
11-22-2004, 04:36 PM
highest lifetime weight 279
sw-275
cw-277 1/2 :(
gw- 150

BEFORE_____ NOW
bust --57 "__ 57"
waist --54"__ 51"__ -3" :)
hips -- 58 1/2"__ 56"__ -2 1/2" :)
thigh-- L _27 1/2"__ 27 1/2"
R_27 1/2 "__ 27 1/2"
calf -- L _16 1/4"__ 16 1/4"
R _16 1/4"__ 16 1/4"
upper arm-- L _17"__ 17"
R _17"__ 17"

must have been all the walking at Wal Mart. :dizzy:
wasn't so bad afterall. :)

Guess I'll celbrate with a :coffee:
Carol

luvinmom
11-22-2004, 10:26 PM
You guys are doing great! I can't believe how much reading I had to catch up on after just a few short days.
I lost! I'm at 192 now, 2 lbs down. I've been working my tush off, but haven't been getting in many workouts. Though I did most of them at the beginning of the week before getting the house. My days are hectic. I drag myself out of bed after the 2nd or 3rd time baby girl wakes me and try to focus on the bible a bit before everyone else is moving. From there I cook, boot laundry, potty and dress kids, check morning routines, feed, school, clean, potty and change diapers again, reboot laundry, cook a meal (times 3-5) to eat for dinner and freeze for the upcoming weeks. Then I potty and diaper everyone again and rush to the store to pick up any new items on everyones list of 'need for repairs' then get over to the other house where I try to keep the kids occupied so I can sand and scrape walls, or spackle, or rake leaves or... I feel like I get no where, and I come home so tired I can barely carry in the sleeping babies, much less give baths and bedtime kisses. The best part about it is that I don't have time to impulse eat, the bad part is I'm not drinking to much water because I don't want to drag 4 kids into a public restrooms, and the bathroom at the house is only somewhat private at the moment. Anyway. I've been trying to get this typed for almost an hour now. Now that most of the kids are in bed I'm going to reboot laundry and feed the baby and shower. (maybe I'll get in a few crunches. You all are going to leave me in the dust!)
Good night all, keep up the good work.

Jenni

SW 199 (after baby)
CW 192
GW 135

gfmomx6
11-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Good Evening Beauties!
I am so happy with myself! I am down 2 pounds and I met my goals this week! I don't think I will do so good this week though!! I pick up my oldest daughter at the airport in the morning, we are going shopping(exercise?? ;) ) and then going to have lunch. She called me today and told me she wants to treat me to lunch anywhere I want! I will TRY to be good!! Then Thanksgiving, oh my! The good thing is I don't have to cook this year, so less food in the house afterwords. We live in an Air Force community and have quite a few AF families in our church family, so we are having a large dinner at church Thurs. afternoon. Let's all pray for each other!
Congratulations to everyone, even if you didn't lose pounds, you lost inches!! I am going to have my hubby measure me and we'll see where I'm at from last month.
Well, it's bedtime!
Peace,
Kathy

umma
11-23-2004, 08:33 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. We were pretty hectic, and I am getting an ear ache.
WAY TO GO EVERYONE. We all had a loss of some sort. As for me I lost 2.2 pounds. I also met all my goals. ( I have to update my ticker, later)
I am very proud of us. Keep up the great work everyone.

Sarge- It is always nice to have someone to work out with. The candy is still on the table cause my kids screamed when I went to get rid of it. So I just have to have more will power to stay away from it.

Jenni- I got tired just reading everything you do. My goodness, when do you have time to drink water? At least with all that running around, your getting exercise in ;) .

Kathy- Another great loss. You are all so inspiring to me. I am making that pumpkin pie tonight, with the directions you gave me. I'll let you know how that goes.

Oldwriter- Great looses with the measurements. Keep up the great work.

As for all of you I don't think I saw anyone give new goals for this week. And if you did I'm sorry, but right now I can't remember. I would like to know everyones goals.

As for me, like I said before I am down 2.2 pounds which brings my total loss to 20.8. And my goals for this week is to get in at least 3-4 workouts, keep up with the water, keep that little stupid metal box hidden, and to behave on Thanksgiving. I still have to get my DH to measure me, and will do that today.

What is everyone else's plan for Thanksgiving? Do you have a plan or are you just going to say," well, its just one day, how much could it hurt?"
My self I have a plan. I am cooking and although I am making all the stuff my family likes I am limiting my self on all the fattening, high calorie stuff (like candied yams) Still going to have some but not nearly like I would have in the past.

Well, it is time to get ready to drive my DS to school. I will check in again later today. Have a happy and healthy day.

TTFN, Lori

umma
11-23-2004, 08:37 AM
By the way, Kathy, enjoy your daughter being with you for Thanksgiving. Have fun shopping (yes, some excersice) and since it is Thanksgiving try to really behave at lunch. But it is a special occation so you could indulge just that little bit. Have fun.

bandit2
11-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Hi everyone:

Had my ww meeting last night & was down 2.4# (which brings me to 202.6#) My goal is get under 200 and get in some exercise. Already starting to get busy with Christmas outtings, last Sat we had the Santa Claus parade & afterwards since bf is on committee we all went out for dinner. Seems every week there is a challenge to contend with but I tried to make some good choices & was pleased with my results this week. My goal for this week is to plan each meal ahead of time & try to avoid fast food outtings & do my tapes 3 times this week.

Everyone sounds like they are doing well so keep up the good work & I will talk to you soon. Bye for now.

piink rockz
11-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone, once again the weekend passed me by and I didnt check in. Thats when I should, the weekends can be tough with that extra free time. I didnt do too bad though, I managed to skip the between meal snacking all weekend. I'm off to room parent at my daughters school. Theyre having their Thanksgiving celebration today.Wish me some self control when someone offers me one of the left over cupcakes or something. Hehe. Have a healthy day Ladies!

umma
11-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Start Rant---- Ok so the turkey that I jsut bought for Thanksgiving is the exact same weight that I have lost. Pretty funny huh? Well, what I am having a hard time with is that fact that while I thought it was heavy in the bag, and I thought it was a good amount, WHY DOESN'T IT SHOW ON MY BODY??????I saw a friend of mine n the store and told her that I had lost the weight, and as honestly as she could, told me that it wasn't that noticible. Now in my opinion, 20.8 pounds IS alot. Why doesn't anyone notice?
I know I have alot to lose and 20 pounds on someone who only had 40 pounds to lose would be noticeable, but dang it I just want someone to notice.------End Rant

Thanks I needed to get that out. I asked my husband if he noticed any change in my weight but as he said, "I see you all the time, I can't tell from day to day" I guess I just let it get to me. I know that I am on my way to a healthier, happier, skinnier me, and thats what should matter. But somehow right now it doesn't.

Off to make dinner.
TTFN
Lori

ittybit71
11-23-2004, 11:28 PM
Hello ladies! Can I join in? I've been reading through all the messages here and you all seem to be a great group. Here's some info on me: I'm 33 yrs. old; live in Texas; I have 1 son who's 7yrs. old; I have a wonderful boyfriend who tells me how beautiful I am every day and appreciates my voluptuous figure (which doesn't help me feel like I need to lose weight! lol) I work full-time, go to school part-time; I've been a regular exerciser for 6 yrs, my latest routine is to do Pilates 3-4 times a week and I also walk/run 5 or 6 days a week for about 50 minutes a day during my lunch break plus bike riding etc. with the kiddo; I'm doing the South Beach diet (again). Low-carb seems to be the thing that works for me. I lost 30 lbs doing a strict low-carb a few years ago, but couldn't stick to it. I ended up gaining it all back plus some. Since then I've roller coastered some more, but this time I really want to find eating habits I can live with. I've battled my weight all my life since puberty, but it was when I hit my mid-twenties that I started to steadily gain every year. My present stats are:

Started out at 210lbs Nov. 1, 2004.
Currently weigh 202 lbs. (I've been here for over almost 2 weeks)
Goal weight is: 140 lbs.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! And don't give in when mom puts the pies right in front of you! lol

Lisa

gfmomx6
11-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Good Evening Beauties! How is everyone? I had a great day shopping with my daughter, I can't remember the last time I was in the mall! My food choices for the day was not wonderful :( We stopped at Krispy Kreme first thing this morning and I had 1/2 of a pumpkin spice cake donut(really good! and I really only had 1/2!) Then lunch :o -we went to the Olive Garden-oh so good!- I had a large serving of Ceasar salad, 2 bread sticks, then my younger daughter and I shared our lunch entree's, I had lasagne and she had chicken alfredo. Then on the way home I ate another bread stick :( Dinner was another bad meal-fried steak, salad w/ff dressing, 2! baked potatoes w/butter and light sour cream. I feel like a stuffed :ink: !!! But I could go eat another potato! :( I have to stay out of the kitchen!! Enough about food!!!!!!!

Lori and Bandit2, great weight loss! Keep it up!

Lisa, welcome to the group, we are the Bulging Beauties, and we welcome everyone! :grouphug: It's a long, hard journey and we need all the support we can get!

Rebecca and Carol---WHERE ARE YOU???GET BACK HERE!!! we miss you :p

Well, I'm going to take a hot bath and try to forget about food! :dizzy:

For those on WW-Can you just go to a meeting and buy the materials? :?: I am in another thread where the girl has lost almost 80 lbs but never went to a meeting!! I am very interested because I can not afford the meetings(25 miles away) and they don't offer the "at home" program where I am. Just curious!

Good night all! Peace,
Kathy

ittybit71
11-24-2004, 12:09 AM
You know Kathy, I was telling my office mate today that I think being on a "healthy eating program" is kind of a catch 22. It's kind of hard not to think about food when to be successful on your diet..oops! sorry... "healthy eating" lifestyle you HAVE to think about food ALL OF THE TIME! :dizzy: Do you agree? And don't feel too bad about your splurge day, I think to be successful at this everyone needs a splurge day on occassion. Just as long as it doesn't turn into a splurge week! :D My big weakness is Starbucks. I love it! :coffee: :cp: :cp: And my boyfriend works there so he can get me free drinks. NOT a good thing for my "healthy eating lifestyle". lol. Oh, and can someone tell me how to get those ticker things on here? I tried to do it, but the only thing that shows up is the line it says to copy? Hmmm...
I'm a Bulging Beauty! Yea!

piink rockz
11-24-2004, 12:49 AM
Hey Lori- I feel your pain girl. 20 lbs is good dent, but like you said its not much on someone who has a long way to go. However, 20 lbs is something to proud of. Just be proud knowing that your clothes are getting bigger and your body is getting healthier. None of my close friends or co workers have noticed that Ive gone down 2 sizes and lost 30 inches off my bod. However, I saw a friend I hadnt seen in months and she noticed right away that I was slimming down. Keep up the good work and be proud. Youre doing this for you and for your health not for anyone else. keep ur head up woman!

N

oldwriter
11-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Hi Lori, I agree with pink rockz.
I only lost inches; but, I have a fake window that I can see my refection before I get on the scales. I can tell by glancing in that window. No one else can tell yet b/c I'm too big. Maybe when I lose 40, they might see a dent. I don't worry so much about them anymore, it's me I have to live with. If I start exercising again, I will see more difference in my body than my weight. This week I am exhausted getting my home ready for company. A form of exercise. :) Carol

umma
11-24-2004, 10:53 AM
And how are you all doing today?

Bandit-- Way to go with your loss :cp: Keep up the great work :D .

Lisa-- Welcome aboard! The more the merrier. :grouphug: We pick goals for ourselves for the week on Mondays. Choose something that you could stick with, like 3 to 4 days of excersize, drinking all you water, stuff like that. Then on the next monday let us know how you did. Including your weight loss or inches lost. Then you pick another goal for the next week.
By the way, I also love Starbucks, but in the summer more so then the winter. I really like the ice drinks. A NO_NO right now though.

Kathy-- Glad to hear that you had a great time with your daughter. Its always nice to go shopping. As far as the food, forget about it and focus on today. Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow try to really get your water in and watch what your eating today and the rest of the week.
I am on WW and will find out about the books at my next meeting on Monday.

Piink and Carol-- Thank you for the encouraging words. They really helped.I am better today, just had a bit of a meltdown yesterday :dizzy: . Again thanks.

Has anyone heard form Rebecca :drill: ? She needs to get back here.

As for me, I am back on track with being proud of myself again. I also have tomorrow planned as best as I can with the food. I am making the 1 point pumpkin pie ;) for myself and anyone else who wants to try it. But my evil mother (only kidding) is bringing real pumpkin pie and apple pie for everyone else. Just pray for me so that I don't take the pies and hide in a room and eat them all myself. My mother is a really good pie maker. :T

Well, it is time to get moving and start cleaning up and making a pie. :D
Also going to get a workout in today, since I haven't done any this week yet.
Hope you all have a great (and healthy) day tomorrow. I will check in tomorrow night after everyone leaves. Might even be back here later to see if Sarge made it back.

TTFN
Lori

ittybit71
11-24-2004, 11:43 AM
:coffee: Ok, so I'm a little late joining in but I'd like to state my goal for the week is to drink my 8 glasses of water (or more) everyday for the week. I've been slacking off in that dept.
Lori, I also feel your pain about no one noticing your weight loss. 20lbs should be noticable, but it is hard for people who see you everyday to notice. Once when I lost 15 lbs one of the ladies I worked with saw me standing outside her office and told me I looked thinner, but it took her a while to notice! No one else did. So don't be discouraged! I was thinking of taking periodic pictures of myself to hang up on the fridge side by side as the weight comes off for inspriration. :D
I'm going to start cooking today also. My little sister makes the pies so I don't have to worry about that. My weakness is the bread, so I got some of those new Pillsbury lower carb rolls. Ok everybody! Buck up! We CAN get through tomorrow without eating ourselves into an extra 5 lbs! I have faith in us!
Lisa

gfmomx6
11-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Good Morning Beauties! It is a beautiful, cloudy, cold day here in Idaho! May even get some snow before the day is over! Those who have read my Rant post know I don't like the cold, but I am going to be HAPPY today! I have some pies to bake and nothing else! :D I am so glad I am not cooking this Thanksgiving! Good luck to those who have to cook, if you're like me, you have to taste everything!! This year, make someone else the ginea pig!!

Lori-I'm with you! I love pie! Just remember, you don't have to eat it all at once, it will not be the last pie you ever eat! :p I know how you feel about people not noticing your weight loss. I did have two women at church comment after I lost 20 but that is because I lost in the face(and the boobs! :mad: ) My husband is very supportive and is trying to lose weight also, but says he can't see where I've lost weight!!(EXCEPT the boobs!!!! :( ) Just makes me want to scream! Oh well, soon, soon, they will all see the results of my evil plan!! hahaha :devil:
And thanks, I did have a great time with my daughter! I will not let the food take away from that!!

Lisa-OOOH the bread!!! I'll have to look for those rolls today and take them with me!! And yes, we can get through tomorrow!!!!

I haven't listed my goals for the week either, but I'm making them simple!! Drink my water, exercise if I can and gain NO weight. I'm not concentrating on losing any, just not gaining! I still haven't got measured, but will post when I do.

Hope everyone has a great day, I will try to pop back in later!

REBECCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHERE ARE YOU?????????

Peace,
Kathy

gfmomx6
11-24-2004, 12:09 PM
ITALIAN PASTA DIET

IT REALLY WORKS !!

1) You walka pasta da bakery.

2) You walka pasta da candy store.

3) You walka pasta da Ice Cream shop.

4) You walka pasta da table and fridge.

and my own addition-You walka pasta da unhealthy, fat food tomorrow!!!

ambytes
11-24-2004, 01:56 PM
I need some weight loss buddies. I started WW 5 weeks ago and have only managed to lose 6.6 pounds. I'm fixing to be 41 next month, have 1 child a girl age 12 and a hubby that I love and he is wonderful but not support at all!
Well he thinks he is, but every time I turn around he is wanting to buy junk food. I'm the type if its not here I won't go at to get it. So I try not to buy it, so I won't eat it. And now that the holiday is here I need even more support.

gfmomx6
11-24-2004, 01:58 PM
24 Things to Always Remember

Your presence is a present to the world.
You're unique and one of a kind.
Your life can be what you want it to be.
Take the days just one at a time.

Count your blessings, not your troubles.
You'll make it through whatever comes along.
Within you are so many answers.
Understand, have courage, be strong.

Don't put limits on yourself.
So many dreams are waiting to be realized.
Decisions are too important to leave to chance.
Reach for your peak, your goal, your prize.

Nothing wastes more energy than worrying.
The longer one carries a problem, the heavier it gets.
Don't take things too seriously.
Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.

Remember that a little love goes a long way
Remember that a lot...goes forever.
Remember that friendship is a wise investment.
Life's treasures are people...together.

Realize that it's never too late.
Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
Have health and hope and happiness.
Take time to wish upon a star.
And don't ever forget...for even a day...
how very special you are.

by: Collin McCarty

gfmomx6
11-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Welcome to the Bulging Beauties! We want everyone to join us! :D

Okay, your hubby needs to be sat down and shown the ugly truth! :o Weight can kill! Does he want you to be around for awhile, or does he want some junk food in the house? I had to put it that way to my hubby and children(and my dad!!). My hubby has now come around(except for chocolate cravings!!) and is losing weight with me, my kids are driving me crazy :dizzy: !! They want all the junk. I told them they will end up like me, dad, aunts and uncle(I have an ex brother in law who is over 400 lbs) if they continue the way we were all eating. It's not healthy, our bodies weren't made to consume that much sugar and fat. If you can't sit him down and talk to him like that then you just need to be strong in yourself and know that YOU are helping you! Love yourself enough to do this for you first, then for them. If you slip once in awhile(I did yesterday), don't beat yourself up, just start again tomorrow with a little more exercise and a little more self control!! Come here for moral support, it helps tremendously to see others stumbling along too! Our ultimate goal is to be healthy, and we will all reach that goal!!

Peace,
Kathy

Again, welcome to the group!! :grouphug:

umma
11-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Kathy,
What a great pick me up. Thank you for posting that. It did me good.

Ambytes-- We have always said the more the merrier. Welcome to the group. Pick a small goal to work on this week. We check in on Mondays with our results from our goals and our weight loss. We are also starting with measurements for anyone that want to do that. We make goals for the week every Monday but since it is Wednesday already, just pick something you can handle. We are also here during the week for any rants, support, motivation, etc.

Going now to do mty workout. :strong: :cb:

TTFN Lori

umma
11-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Kathy I just wanted to thank you once more for the recipe for the pumpkin pie. I just finished baking it and can't wait till tomorrow to eat it. :T
Anyway how are you doing with the flu? Feeling better I hope?
Have a great day
Lori

bandit2
11-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Welcome to Lisa & Alysia!

Kathy - I agree with ittybit about the splurge. It's gonna happen "occasionally" is the key. But remember tomorrow is a new day, a new start, a new attitude. So, starting
right now - get back on track & congrats on how far you have already come. You are doing great!

Loris - I totally agree with pink rockz & Carol. When I started losing some weight a few thought I had changed my hair, which wasn't the case at all & they thought I had new glasses. As long as you realize how great you are doing - that is important.
But I know how you feel & some people might notice but not say anything if they feel you are sensitive about it or they may even be a little envious. Anyway - congrats to you & keep up the good work.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all of you - enjoy your day. Bye for now.

Bulging2Much
11-24-2004, 10:09 PM
I'm alive and kicking, ladies. I just haven't had enough time to even pee the last few days. I'm off to bed because we're traveling tomorrow morning at 5:30. When we get to my mother's, I'll post. And don't worry, I'll have plenty to say! :drill:

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful for.

For those that PM'd me, thank you. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you all. Talk to you soon.

gfmomx6
11-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Just wanted to say

HAPPY

THANKSGIVING!!!!

Peace and Blessings!!!
Kathy

ambytes
11-25-2004, 02:08 AM
I have sat both of them down. I'm diabetic and was put on insulin two months ago, because pills were not working. I have told them that I need to lose weight or I'll end up losing my kidneys or die young. Hubby doesn't want that to happen. And I know he loves me a lot, but his problem is he weighs 440 and doesn't have health problems and doesn't have a problem with his weight. So he trys to be supportive but after about a week he starts bring the goodies in. Or if I give in and eat something that is not on my diet. Its like a big green flag for him to start buying a bunch of goodies. So fustrating!
I have no family here in TX., so that is why I am here. Thank you so much for letting join in to the group. I need all the support I can get!

umma
11-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all you Beauties,

Let me start off by reminding everyone to watch what you eat and I don't mean to watch it go from the plate to the fork to your mouth. :lol:
Try to behave as much as possible, and if you can, try to get some exercise in today. Even if its just a walk after dinner. I am going to do a workout after I type this, before anyone gets here. Also try to get your water in.

Ambytes-- I have that same problem with my family eating snacks and stuff like that but what I did was get things that I know I can incorporate into my daily eating. I am on WW so I have points for each day and I just make sure that I have some points left for a liitle snacks here and there. Its hard when my husband brings out the chips ahoy. I want to eat them so bad but then I just imagine what I am going to look like after I lose all the weight and then I come onto this site and just read things or post something. It really helps to come on here. This place has become a part of my life and the ladies here are so wonderful with helping me stay on track. Not to mention if I do have a bad day they give me a pass (most of the time) and just remind me to get back on track the next day. If that doesn't help then leave the room. Go into a different room and start a workout. That helps me too. If all of that doesn't work then you just simply have to tell your husband that he must start the change of lifestyle (diet) with you, and that you wil hold him accountable for everything that you hold yourself accountable to. Maybe he won't like that and take it easier on the snacks, or goodies. Just a few ideas to try to help you. We are always here to talk to though.

As for me........Today is going to be a healthy day....Today is going to be a healthy day....Today is going to be a healthy day.... Think if I keep telling myself I will actually stick to it? :D
No, really, I think I have everything planned out so that I don't go over my points for WW. Another reason why I am going to do a workout. lol I get 6 activity points for the tape I am going to do so it helps with the fact that I HAVE to have some of those candied yams. Then tomorrow I will do another workout for those 6 points and won't use them. Sounds like a plan right?
Today is going to be a healthy day....Today is going to be a healthy day.... :lol:

Well, ladies, I must go and do my workout now before my mother gets here.
I hope everyone has a safe, happy and HEALTHY Thanksgiving.
I'll be back after guests leave tonight.

TTFN, Lori

ittybit71
11-25-2004, 11:45 AM
First of all, Welcome to the group Alysia!! :wave: I just found these great ladies myself the other day. I also live in Texas and live with non-dieters so I'm feeling your pain. This group is great though and it really is inspiring. I have been stuck at 202 lbs for the past 2 weeks almost and this morning I got on the scale and I finally hit the 200 lb mark! :dancer: It REALLY helps me to get on here and read the posts from other people who are fighting the same battle. My boyfriend does the same thing to me as your husband. I slip up one time and get a starbucks or something and he's bringing me home drinks everyday! (He works there. :dz: ) So I have to make it a point to tell him "NO". Anyway, welcome!
To everyone else, I just wanted to say "Happy Thanksgiving!" And good luck! I have faith in us! We will not overeat today! :D

Lisa

ittybit71
11-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Me again, Just seeing if I finally got this ticker to work...

ittybit71
11-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Yea! Thank you Kathy!

ambytes
11-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Thank you for all the warm welcomes. I hope you all have a happy and Healthy Thanksgiving.

I think I will join umma in the positive thinking, Today is going to be a healthy day..:cheer:..Today is going to be a healthy day..:cheer:..Today is going to be a healthy day. :cheer:

gfmomx6
11-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Beauties!!
Be HEALTHY!! I hope you all have a wonderful day with your family and friends!

I got this from another group and thought it was excellent!
Peace,
Kathy

THE WAY YOU LIVE

Good fortune may sometimes bring success sooner than it otherwise would have come, and bad luck may sometimes cause a temporary setback.

Success in life is not much affected by luck or by accidents in the long run. It is based on the character with which you live from day to day and moment to moment.

In fact, success is not really defined by any particular point that you reach. It is much more a matter of the way that you live.

In order to be successful you do not need any particular circumstance or set of events. Real success comes from living with purpose and meaning.

This is something that requires no one else's consent, assistance or permission. It is something you can begin to do right here and now.

Fortune can bring you a fleeting windfall or a momentary setback. The way you choose to live is what brings true, lasting success.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright 2004 Ralph S. Marston, Jr. All rights reserved.

Bulging2Much
11-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. It's nice to see some new names. I hope everyone does well over the weekend. We made it safely to my mother's. We only ran into snow about a 1/2 hour from here. I measured the road so I know how far I'm walking. I will get a walk in after dinner since I didn't make it to Curves last night like I had wanted.

CONTROL, CONTROL, CONTROL. That's the name of the game. Portion control is it. Psst, please don't tell Lori that I just had a Hershey bar. :^: She'll make me walk double tonight!

Now seriously, this is a challenging time. Yeah for you if you stick to your plans. Otherwise, please don't beat yourself up if you're having a difficult time. This doesn't mean it's a free pass. But you'll get the support you need from all of us.

Ok, I'm anxious to hear how everyone managed. I have to say as much as I enjoy seeing my family, I can't wait to get home and get back in the groove. Have a wonderful day.

Fondly,
Sarge

gfmomx6
11-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Rebecca,
Good to hear you made it safely, I always hate traveling during the holidays!!
It's only 11 am here and I didn't have to cook anything, so I don't think the reality of all the food that will be there has hit me yet! Pray for strength for all of us!! We can do this! We can do this!!
I, too, cannot wait to get past this day of massive food temptations!!

Peace and blessings,
Kathy

gfmomx6
11-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Good Morning Beauties!!
Did we all try our hardest yesterday? I kinda did :^: I did not deny myself anything, I only had small portions, and I only brought home 1 1/2 pies that my children wanted. Although I didn't eat 1/2 of what I would normally eat for Thanksgiving, I was SO full! I felt terrible after we got home. Even eating that much was way more than my everyday eating. I guess thats a good thing!
I am not going to be afraid of stepping on the scale Monday, if I gained, oh well! Today is a new day and there are no leftovers in my house!! :D

Come on everyone, check in!!

Peace,
Kathy

gfmomx6
11-26-2004, 11:41 AM
Now that we have been moved to the Support Groups section, should we start a new thread with a new title?? What do you all think? What would we title it? Let's get some ideas! :write:

Where is everyone?!?!?!

Peace,
Kathy

PS-Thanks Lori for showing me where we moved!!! :D

umma
11-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Hello ladies,

Well, for me yesterday went well. I did a workout in the morning and stayed with in my WW point range. I did eat a little of everything including my moms pumpkin pie. Just couldn't pass it up.

As far as a new name I think we hit it in the nose with Buldging Beauties.
Thats my opinion.

I am going to try to get another workout in today but with cleaning up and then work tonight not sure I will get one in.

Other then that not much new here today. Just waiting to hear from everyone on how they did yesterday. Hope all went well with everyone, and nobody :ink: out to much.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Lori

ittybit71
11-27-2004, 12:31 AM
Well, I did pretty good yesterday. I did have 2 rolls, a little bit of sweet potatoes and one serving of stuffing, otherwise I ate meat and veggies. And I didn't have any seconds.As far as the pies go, I only had 1/2 of a piece. I also got all of my water in. Not too bad. Yet when I got on the scale this morning those 2 lbs I FINALLY lost were back on! :( I'm hoping it's water weight from the carbs I ate and will drop back off. I'm going to make myself stay off the scale till monday. I was running around so much I didn't get my exercise in,(except for the dancing around in the kitchen my little sisters and I did while we cooked :dizzy: ) but I'll catch up on that tomorrow and Sunday. Exercise is routine for me so that's not a problem. It's very rare I go for more than a day without doing something. And I had a wonderful day with my family. Today I've spent the whole day cleaning and decorating for x-mas. I've been so busy doing that I've hardly eaten! :D I'm anxious to hear how everyone else did!

Lisa

umma
11-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Hello everyone,

How are we all doing today? Still waiting to hear from most of you on how Thanksgiving went. So if your hiding because you had a bad day, come out. Nobody is going to scream over Thanksgiving. Although Sarge did eat a Hershey bar :nono: . But again since it was technically Thanksgiving, I will give her a pass. But no more passes till Christmas ;)
Ittybitty- Don't worry about the 2 pound gain. THe way I look at it, you started this week with those 2 pounds and if they are still there on Monday then you didn't have a gain. You maintained through Thanksgiving :cp: which is so much better then a gain. And if you have a loss then thats even better. Right now I feel bloated so I am a little nervous for weigh in on Monday. Hopfully this feeling will go away before then.
Well, the kids want me to watch a movie with them, so I will be back later to see if our missing ladies have checked back in.
Have a healthy day.

TTFN
Lori

mrs.ladybug
11-27-2004, 01:32 PM
ladies, I am inspired by your posts.... I am following a low glycemic diet. and have no real support ariound here. (Arizona) I would love some support from somewhere. I currently weigh 265. I started last week and I am down to 265. I also have PCOS and my husband and I are trying to conceive so I am desperately trying to lose the weight. I have gained 50-60 punds since we got married May 02.

I really look forward to chatting with such great ladies!!!!!

brittney

mrs.ladybug
11-27-2004, 01:42 PM
alyssa

I feel your pain. Althoughmy husband has the opposite problem. He is 6 ft and weighs 125. So he sees no need to eat healthy and he gives me stuff cause he wants me to be happy. Talk about double sabatoge (sp?) well anyway, I am following a low glycemic diet, due to being insulin resistent and having PCOS. I am not on WW. Cant afford it. If you need any tips or ides..or have any for me that would be great. I dont have much support. (my mom tries, bless her) I would love to get to know you and help each other out

mrs.ladybug
11-27-2004, 01:43 PM
hey this goes out to everyone. I am new here. How do you get the ticker on your post?

thanks

umma
11-27-2004, 02:15 PM
Glad to have you along with us. The more the merrier :grouphug: .
Every monday we pick goals for ourselves, such as staying off the scale, a certain amount of workouts per week, or keeping up with our water intake. What ever you feel you need to improve is what you should work on. Then on the following monday we report in on how we did for the week, and pick new goals. We are also here all week long to encourage :cp: , motivate :cb: , yell at you :nono: , or just listen ;) . We like to hear how your doing so don't be afraid to post even if its bad news. Some of us have started measureing ourselves (not me yet) to see what kind of inches we have lost even if there is no difference in the scale. So, make yourself comfortable and start posting lol.

Ok now for everyone.....I am issuing an extra challange. 15 minutes of extra exercise before you check in on monday. Not to hard. right? So who is with me? I am getting mine done today. Good luck.

Have a healthy day.

TTFN
Lori

mrs.ladybug
11-27-2004, 03:45 PM
thanks for the info. I will think of a goal this weekend and start up in Monday. I am excited. Everyone sounds like amazing women. I look forward to get going on this. I know I can. I will also try to get 15 min extra workout in! lol.....

Have a wonderful weekend...

ittybit71
11-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Good afternoon ladies! I will accept the 15 minutes of extra exercise challenge. Today I walked/ran 2 miles and I even got my lazy boyfriend out of the house and made him go with me. :drill: I'm trying to get my water in today (my goal for the week). I did good on Thursday, but yesterday I slacked off again. I drink tons of water in the summer, but in the winter it's hard for me to remember. I'd rather drink my hot tea. My son's at a relatives and my boyfriend is at work so I'm home alone the rest of the day. It'll be a challenge to keep myself from munching all day, so I'm going to concentrate on drinking my water (which will keep me full) and getting my house cleaned up and laundry done. That should keep me busy! If I get tempted, I'll just hop on here for motivation! Thank goodness I found you all! :goodvibes Well, I'm off to drink my water! Everyone have a good day!

Lisa

ambytes
11-28-2004, 07:45 AM
Hello Everyone,

Well I weighed in at my WW Sat. and the results aren't good. :( I gained 2.8 pounds! :o Well I'm recommitted myself to weightloss.
I'm not going to beat myself up about. That only makes me want to eat more, so moving on and I plan to do better.

Mrs. Ladybug:
Welcome to the group. Look forward to getting to know you. Any suggestion are very welcome. I can't afford WW either, but my sister that is in the Army wants to help me and is paying for my WW. We loss a sister less then a year ago and I know she is worried about the possiblities of lossing me. We are very close. She has been very good to me. Even when I told her I gained so much this week she said it was ok, it happens around the holidays, just start over. I wish she lived here but since she is in the Army they have her stationed in Huntsvill, AL. I'm just happy she is in the US! She was stationed in Germany for the past 3 years.

Hope Everyone is having a Happy Holiday Weekend!
I'm also taking the 15 min. of extra exercise challenge!

mrs.ladybug
11-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Alysa,

That is great that your sister is so supportive (and yes, in the USA). My sister that I am best friends with lives in Utah. I have made a wall in my hallway "MY WALL" I have a calender up a weight loss and measurements chart and a picture of my husband on our honeymoon. Right now I would love just to get to that wedding weight!!! lol Our 3 year anniversary is in May and I want to be down at least 20 pounds!! (I can do it, I can do it!!!) So anyway, I am also going to put up motivational sayings on "My Wall"

I was so proud of myself yesterday.... my husband and I went to walmart in the middle of the afternoon. We were both starving!!!! So I got a healthy alternative from the deli and he wanted Mcdonalds from walmart. He ordered and asked what I wanted I told him nothing. So we get in the car and he offers me 2 french fries. Well without thinking I ate them..(ok that is the part I am so proud of! lol) And then I asked him. I thought you wanted a baby. and he kind of looked at me and said of course I do...I said well you need to stop giving this stuff to me. And he said he was just trying to be nice and I told I couldnt have that and it was like feeding my bosy poison. ( I dont think he ever saw it that way) So I told him what he could have done to be nice was to have gotten my deli out. So he did. I think we hit a breakthrough there. I told him I need him to help me and not let me slip up. He didnt want to be mean and wanted me to be happy. So I told him that I would happy in the long run if he didnt give me stuff!!! It was awesome! Then last night I made him a normal dinner and then I fixed my healthy alternative ( I admit his looked better) but I didnt snitch, not even a bite!!!

And I got my 15 minute challenge in!!!!!

I love this place. Sorry if I rambled. I am a talker.

ittybit71
11-28-2004, 12:31 PM
:cheer: I'm very proud of you for staying with it yesterday! I know how it is with the men in our lives. Mine says he likes to see me happy and when I'm depriving myself I'm not happy. I told him that I sure as h*** wouldn't be happy if I gained another 100 lbs either!
And Alysia, don't beat yourself up about the 2+ lbs. I weighed myself Friday and I was 2 lbs. heavier also! :yikes: And Wed. I was so happy because I had FINALLY, after being at the same weight for almost 2 weeks, broke through and lost another 2 lbs. just to gain them right back again. I got back on the scale this morning though and they're gone again. A lot of times if you cheat a day you gain water weight, expecially if you're keeping the carbs down. So don't be discouraged! Just take it one day at a time.You can do it! :strong:
As for me, I got my water in yesterday and managed to not gourge myself while home alone! I'm very proud of myself! Have a wonderful, healthy day Beauties!

Lisa

umma
11-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Hello everyone,

How is everyone today? Remember tomorrow is weigh in and result time. You also have to pick new goals tomorrow. And remember we can all do this TOGETHER :grouphug: .

Alysa--I am very glad that you have your sister who is helping you with your weight loss. Its always nice to have a family member behind you. I am also sorry to hear about the loss of your other sister. That must have been a very hard time in your life. We are all here to lister and help though.

Brittney--Very good NSV (non scale victory) I am very proud of you for not giving in amd havign that McDonalds. Keep up the great work. Maybe your husband will help you more now that you explained it to him as being poison.
Oh and way to go with getting the extra 15 minutes in.

Lisa--very good exercise yesterday, 2 miles? Way to go. I don't think I could get my husband to walk that much. (Although he is only 145 pounds so he really doesn't have to.) How are you doing with your water? It is harder to drink cold water in the winter time but just remember that it will be helping you ALOT with your weight loss. Also very proud to hear that you didn't gorge yourself with nobody home.......and for the 2 pound loss. BUT.....you should really try to NOT weigh yourself untill monday weigh ins. It will help with not watching your weight flucuate during the week. I had my husband hide the scale 2 weeks ago and I haven't tried to find it yet. Someone told me that I would look silly looking for it (Rebecca) and every time I think about it I also think about her comment.

Kathy--Hope all went well with bringing your daughter to the airport yesterday. Did you make it to Costco and did they let you have a pass for the day?

Rebecca, Carol, Piink, Jenn, Bandit, and Charmed...WHERE ARE YOU????

Come on back and let us know how you are doing.

As for me, I did my extra 15 minutes yesterday. And since it is rainy and windy and cold here I am just going to relax in the house with my kids and maybe do some cleaning. It seems like I am always cleaning. I guess thats whay happens when you have a 3 year old daughter and and an 11 year old son. They think its just something fun for me to do, so they help me out by messing the place up.
OK well enough complaining. I will be on and off all day since I am not going anywhere. I will chack back later. Hope you all have a healthy day.

TTFN
Lori

ambytes
11-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Well all my company left this morning. Made sure the pies and stuffing are gone, made them take them with them...LOL They are in the Army so they don't have to worry about excess weight staying on them. I just knew if I let it sit around here I would give in, so wanted the tempation gone. I know I'll get a real work out today. My house is a mess! :lol: I don't know why but every time my little sister comes to my house to visit by the time she leaves it looks like a tornado hit it. Well I need the exercise anyways. Plus I'm going to put in the extra 15 min. And adding the challenge of making sure I get at least 4 - 8oz. glasses of water down.

Anyone have a good way to fix fish or chicken without veggies. Please share with me. I'm tired of fixing them the same way. And just so everyone knows, I do eat my veggies, but don't like them cooked.

ittybit71
11-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Lori- I've done pretty good with the water yesterday and today. I still have a little bit more to drink tonight. I also got my extra 15 minutes in today by taking my son and my dog for a brisk walk down to the convenient store. I wasn't going to exercise today, it's my "off" day usually unless I miss a day during the week.My son has just started earning an allowance and wanted to go buy something. While there I lost it momentarily and bought a Starbucks Frappacino.. :nono: BUT, I only took 3 or 4 drinks (not even half) and I dumped the rest out. A moment of weakness, but it could've been worse I guess. :hun: Oh and about the 2 mile walk yesterday, my boyfriend is hard to get motivated. And he also needs to watch his weight and he doesn't do any exercising since he got out of the Army. He started out by telling me that we were going to go on a nice leisurely stroll (whatever! lol) and I had to fight him about the pace. Then,he started whining not even half way through.." How far are you planning on walking?" etc. :lol: And the scale..... the scale. I have a hard time staying off of it, but I don't let the weight fluctuations bother me much. I write down my weight once a week. I've tried to not weigh myself and I always end up gaining weight. That's how I got to my highest weight of 210 lbs right before I started in on my "healthy eating" again a month ago. I had stopped weighing myself. Believe it or not, it keeps me motivated to see that if I eat more than usual I gain an x-tra 2 lbs. the next day. I'm worried that if I don't weigh in everyday I'll slack off my plan. :shrug:
Alysia- I have tons of healthy, and good, chicken recipes I will send you. I'm not much of a fish eater though. What type of stuff do you like? Like certain seasonings, sauces, etc..
Keep up the good work everybody! And have a good night!

Lisa

Michiemish
11-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Hello everyone newbie here...I was reading through the post and everyone sounds so nice and helpful in here.. I was hoping I could join u.. :?:

My name is Michelle i just turned 26yrs old the day before thanksgiving..Birthday cake and pumpkin..hhmm..tough.. :lol: I live in Southern California and i work in a very stressful and no active job..I work 4 days a week with 12 hour shifts..I know everyone has a stressful job whether it be in the home or in an office so i guess i can't use that as an excuse..But the other day I was looking at my uniform and saw the the buttons on my shirt are starting to strain to stay together..I think they are giving me a hint..And plus I'm just tired of being tired..People that are in my type of work are known to be big or really big and I don't like being like everyone else.. I weighed myself this morning and I saw numbers i thought i would never see 227. :o .That is the highest i have ever weighed..So I making goals for myself and looking in different areas for support with people that know what it is like.

I have looked at this site for a little while and have been telling everyone at work about this site..So i decided if i'm talking about it so much i might as well join.. I hope to get to know everyone..

Have a good night or morning :coffee:

ittybit71
11-29-2004, 12:40 AM
Hi Michelle! Welcome to the Bulging Beauties! :grouphug: I'm pretty new here myself, but I will try to give you the run down on things here as best I can since I seem to be the first one to see your message. Help me out here ladies if I forget anything....
We check in every Monday with our new goal for the week (like drinking enough water, exercise more etc.) and also with our weigh in. During the week we just chat with each other about how we're doing on our goal for the week, to support :cp: , chastise :nono: , sympathize :eek: , motivate :cheer: and pretty much just be here for each other. I know for me personally, finding this site has really been a blessing. Everyone on here seems to be just wonderful and it really helps me to be part of this group. We're all in this together. I started on my new "healthy eating plan" ,aka- South Beach Diet, on Nov. 1 after reaching my highest weight of 210 lbs. I found this site shortly after but didn't join in till just last week. Even just reading it helped me though. I've lost 10 lbs so far. Not bad. Of course, we'll see what toll Thanksgiving takes. :o Anyway, welcome to our group!

Lisa

umma
11-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Let me start by saying WELCOME Michelle. We are always happy to get new people on board with us.
Well, today is Monday and time to pick new goals for the week, post your new weight, and let us know how you did this past week with your goals.
I will be posting my weight after my weigh in at WW tonight. As for everything else, I did 3 workouts this week plus the extra 15 minutes, drank all of my water and stayed off the scale. I also did pretty good with Thanksgiving dinner. Stayed within my point range for the day (although my food choices weren't the greatest, I still stayed within my points). I also sent all the leftovers, except for some turkey, home with my family.
So all in all, I had a pretty good week. We will see how the scale looks tonight though.
So for everyone who is new, please post your goals for the week. Try to stay away from having a pounds related goal. No saying that you will lose 3 pounds this week. Try to give a goal that you can stick with but might be a harder thing for you to do. Some people have a hard time drinking all their water. Some people only get 2 exercise days in a week, so they might say their goals is to get 3 or 4 in.
My goals this week......To continue to drink my water, do 4 workouts, and to stay away from eating after 10 pm. I know that sounds late for most but I work at night till midnight so for me 10 is a good time.
I will be back later tonight to post my weight, after my WW meeting. Since my husband hid the scale I can't do it at home anymore.

Still waiting for all of the other people to come back from either vacation or hiding. ;)

I will type to you all later.
TTFN
Lori

Michiemish
11-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Hello Lisa and Lori...And morning to everyone else

Since I'm just starting out again on getting on the right track...My goals is to walk at least 5miles this week..Unfortanley have to start out slow..Also I'm going to my first ww meeting and start that on weds..Would start sooner but have to work :mad: ... But hey at least it better than never... I also am going to try not to have any soda..Hopefully i can make it...

Have a nice day everyone

Bulging2Much
11-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Hello Beauties, old and new. I'm back from the trip that covered NY and PA. :dizzy: I hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Lori, to think you thought I was hiding. Tsk, tsk. For crying out loud, I admitted to the Hershey bar didn't I?:D I had hoped to post more but my brother's computer was not in working order.

It Monday, time for goals and achievements. For me...I laughed so hard this morning. I'm down 2 pounds but I have no idea how! LOL! I'm so proud to read you all did well faced with the Thanksgiving feast. I didn't do so badly for dinner it was the rest of the time that I had trouble with. Anyway, I'm aiming to get back to work now. My goals are to exercise 4 times this week, 2 being at Curves and to drink 64oz. of water for at least 5 days. I think this was my goal last week, but I need to re-do.

Now for ya'll. The Sarge is back and I'm taking names. :s: Lisa, STAY OFF OF THE STINKIN' SCALE!!! I don't care if you think it doesn't bother you. You don't fool me with that crap. It does bother you or you wouldn't be on it everyday. Don't give the "stupid metal box" that much power over you. Get someone to hide it and don't step on it until Monday mornings. That's an order! :drill: Do you know how silly you'd look running around trying to find it? As Lori said, that thought has worked for her. I'm so proud of her for not looking for all this time. Lori, can you believe it? You sound like you're doing really well. Way to keep it up. I can't wait to hear how you make out tonight. Kathy, good job with no leftovers. I also agree to a new thread name. I'll get that up and going and PM everyone so they know where to find us. Give me at least a day. Alysia, welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your one sister but glad you have the support of your other. Stick with us. You'll get a ton of support here. I think half of my unit went AWOL. I guess I'll have to send out a missing persons party. :mad:

I'll close with a new requirement for you all. If you don't already do this, I want you to start this week. Write your goals on a peice of paper. Keep them posted where you can see them frequently (fridge, computer, etc.). It will help keep you focused and will also help remind you if you're mind starts slipping. Good luck to you all.

Bulging2Much
11-29-2004, 12:02 PM
I forgot to say welcome to Michelle. Your goal of walking 5 miles is good. But I've been down that road before regarding the soda. Either run with the big dogs or stay on the porch. That's good you want to try and cut back but is it a goal? If it is, just be like Nike and just do it. :)

Did Lori explain how rough I am? LOL. I'm the resident butt-kicker. She's much more tactful. Seriously, I think you will try harder if you commit to a goal rather than saying "I'll try." But if that works for you now, so be it. I'm glad you're here. Please don't let me scare you away. We're here to help. Good luck with WW. And there are no "slow" starts when you're going forward.

umma
11-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Welcome back Sarge,
I knew you werent hiding, but I think a few are. But I am glad your back, and very glad you had a good time visiting.

Everyone else, Sarge :drill: (Rebecca) is a great motivator!!! She really isn't as scary as she sounds :devil: ;) . Don't let her scare you off. She really is nice. Although just like I did this week she will issue extra goals during the week so be prepaired, and :goodluck: ;) .
Ok well its time for me to get moving and I will definitly be back tonight.
Have a healthy day.
TTFN
Lori

umma
11-29-2004, 12:15 PM
:bravo: :cp:

WAY TO GO and CONGRATS on your loss Sarge. It was a tough week to get through with it being Thanksgiving, but you did it and lost 2 pounds. Now thats inspiration. Keep up the great work. AND NO MORE CANDY BARS :nono:
Again, congrats.
TTFN,
Lori

ambytes
11-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi,

Welcome Michelle! And anyone else that I've missed. Hello all!
Well we know how I did last week :^: But so far this week has started off great. Been busy decorating for Christmas. Love Christmas!

My goals for this week are to stay with in my WW points and drink water.

How do you get your water in during the winter? I only drink water. Nothing else, but in the winter I'm so cold I don't want any and hot water doesn't sound good. So any suggestion?

Will you Sarge's suggestion and post notes around, any others?

Also about suggestions for cooking Chicken and Fish, I'm a lousy cook, hate it. I usually just sprinkle Mrs. Dash on it and stick it in the oven. If anyone knows a low-cal. Marinade or something different I can do. I really would appreciate them sharing with me. You can PM me.

Hope everyone has a healthy day!

mrs.ladybug
11-29-2004, 09:25 PM
first off..welcome michelle. I just joined this saturday and already feel at home!!! We are close in age!!! My birthday is this saturday and I will be 26!!! And I saw numbers I never that Was possible for me. I saw270at the doctor 2 weeks ago and I was diagnosed with PCOS. I started eating better. I am following the Glycemic Diet. (which is good for my PCOS). So Welcome and I look forward to getting to knwo you better. What part of CA are you from and what line of work are you in?

Ok Ladies.....I am so proud of myself!!! First off I weighed in this morning at 265. I had an active day at work (I work with special needs children) then I went to my moms to see if she would walk with me but she couldnt. But in her kitchen was a strawberry cake with strawberry frosting! One of my favs!! I did take a bite not even a snitch! Then I got home and walked to walmart and back (2 miles roundtrip)!!!! I still cant believe it!! lol

My goals this week are to get at least 3 workouts in (I am already down one!!!) And try to drink more water. I hear everyone talking about water. How much do you try to drink in a day?

Anyway, ladies I am pumped and I CAN do this!!!!!

ittybit71
11-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Sarge- Well, I guess you told me! :rollpin: Yes maam! I will stay off the scale! You're right, it does hold entirely too much power over me. I really obsess about my weight sometimes. I've gotten better since I'm with someone who likes my "voluptous" figure. Actually, I'm going to tell my boyfriend to hide it when I go to the store when I'm done here. Even though he'll think I'm nuts. :dizzy: And congrats on your loss! :cp: I hope you had a great holiday! (And don't worry, you don't scare me ;) )
Brittney- I'm very proud of you for resisting the cake! :strong: I, on the other hand, didn't do so well today. I had 7, count them- 7, fun sized twix bars today for breakfast. :eek: Go ahead girls, lay it on me.... I got a little frustrated this morning. You'll see why in a moment. On the good side, I had a salad for lunch, all my water, a healthy snack and I ran for 35 minutes at lunch. I haven't had dinner yet.
Alysia- I will get you those recipes asap. They're easy. My weekdays are crazy, but I'll try to get you at least one or two tonight or tomorrow.
Now for the weigh in this morning- I GAINED BACK THOSE FRIGGIN TWO POUNDS! :stress:

Lisa

SW- 210
Last week- 202 (was down to 200 on Saturday. I know, I know, stay off the scale!)
This week- 202
Mini goal- 180

gfmomx6
11-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Good evening Beauties! I want to say "Welcome" to the newbies, so good to come back and "see" new faces!!! Sorry I haven't been around in a few days. Hubby ended up with a few days off and we skipped town!! Good to see everyone doing well! I'm happy to report that I lost 1.5 lbs!! Probably the first time in my life I have lost weight over a holiday!! :D
I'm with you Lisa, I have the hardest time staying off the scale. :( I will have to have my hubby hide it while I'm gone tomorrow! Now-Stay away from the candy!!!!!!
Lori, I did have a great visit with my daughter and miss her already. Good news though-she is thinking about moving back!! :D
Sarge-Good to see you back!! :cheer: -for 2 pounds gone!!!
Well, I got the pack buggin' me, I'll try to check in later!
Peace,
Kathy

Michiemish
11-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Hello everyone.. Hope eveyone had a good day

Sarge...I'm sorry... I will not was the "T" would when it comes to goals... :D ..Thanks for the kick in the butt..No hard feelings..I'm use to strong personalities..

LadyBug...I live in Riverside,CA..And i'm a 911 dispatcher..What about yourself??

I can't wait 2 more days and i can go to WW meeting...Would go sooner but every meeting near me is when i'm working...Still trying (oppss sorry sarge). ;) ..I mean im watching what i eat right now..so i dont the damage of i'll eat everything i can because i start a diet plan tomorrow thing.. :dizzy: ..

I was going to walk my mile this morning before work but I just couldn't get out of bed early enough..Have been fighting a cold and i can't get sicker both of my parents have been in and out of the hospital lately and i have been taking care of them and their animals...Being the good daughter i am... :devil:

see everyone later

mrs.ladybug
11-30-2004, 09:15 AM
hey michelle...

I live in mesa, arizona. (mesa, is outside of Phoenix) I am a teachers assistant in a special needs schools. I work with children who have Autism. I am majoringin Special Education. So this job is awesome!!!

Hope you dont get sicker that is never fun!! Have fun at your WW meeting. Just one more day!! Yippeee!!!! I love your doing good to not ruin your diet when you start! That is awesome!! Good luck I KNOW you can do it!!!

Brittney

umma
11-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Hello everyone,
I trust everyone is behaving so far today? I havn't even had breakfast yet so I am behaving so far. :lol: Sorry I didn't post last night but when I got home from my meeting my little one just wanted to be on my lap or follow me every where I went, so sitting at the computer was just not happening last night. However, I do have good news....I am down another 2 pounds. :cb:

As for all of you....

Brittney--Way to go with the loss :cp: and Great job with not eating that cake. Sweets are always my weakness, so I know how hard it is to NOT eat it. As far as water goes, I drink at least 8 glasses a day, but usually get about 10 to 12 glasses in. I carry a bottle of water with me every where I go.

Lisa-- Don't worry to much about those 2 pounds. THe way I see it is you started the week off with them and they are still there, so you DIDN"T GAIN anything this week. You stayed the same and that is great. :dance: Those 2 pounds will go away in no time, AS LONG AS YOU DON"T EAT CANDY FOR BREAKFAST (or any other meal) ANYMORE.

Kathy--CONGRATS, :bravo: on your 1.5 pound loss. Always a great acheivment with the holidays around. Glad to hear you had a good time with your daughter. Sorry you miss her already, but its great news that she might be moving back.

Michelle-- Hope you feel better soon. Getting a cold around this time of the year is terrible. Also hope that your parents get better soon too. Sorry to hear they are sick.

Well I am about to go get my breakfast and then a workout. I can do this, you can do this, WE ALL CAN DO THIS...TOGETHER :grouphug:
Have I told you all lately that I am thankful to have found this group. I really enjoy comming on here and talking with such great people. Keeps me motivated to tell you all that I did good for the day or week. Thanks :flow1: :goodvibes

Have a healthy day,
TTFN
Lori

oldwriter
12-01-2004, 10:28 AM
Well, my sister & hubby went back to Fla. All we did was eat out. I held my breath & got on the scales on Mon. Only 1/2 lb gained. Whew!

My Brother-in-Law gained 10lbs. They will be back to a strict diet as my sister is on chemo & homeopathic meds. My BIL & I made a pact to lose at least 40lb by next June when they come back for the family reunion.

Worst eye opener - the pictures. :( :o :rolleyes:

Back doing much better today. ON TO VICTORY! :lol: :dance: :goodvibes

bandit2
12-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone - hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

Lori - nice job on the 2# loss - that is great!

Oldwriter - That little gain you had could have been a lot worse especially eating out all the time - so I think you still did very well & good for you for getting back on track.

All you people - keep up the good work!

My goal for this week is to stay OP and have healthier snacks & keep within my points target for the day.

Have a good one - bye for now.

mrs.ladybug
12-01-2004, 07:09 PM
quick question...is anyone else out there trying to conceive?

luvinmom
12-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Ladies I've got a full page of post to read so I'm just popping in to say I'm still trying to stay with you. I've been fighting a bit of ?depression? I'm so overwhelmed by everything going on I can't think through anything. I'm having a hard time remember what I just said, much less getting anything done. I did lose 2 more pounds, weighed yesterday. Welcome to any new people, I feel like I'm a newbie it has been so long since I posted. I'll try to get everything read tonight and tomorrow, and I'll post more then.

Jenn

Oh yeah, keep my 5 year old in prayer! He had blood work done today. Testing for Mono, Anemia and the worst.. Lukemia. Doc is pretty sure it isn't lukemia, but due to family history and my current stress level she is checking anyway. She did not seem very optimistic about the problem though.

ittybit71
12-01-2004, 09:45 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that we started a new thread. Look for "Bulging Beauties" ! See you there!

Lisa