South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 07:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Weekend on the Beach!!

Back in a sec... must get coffee...
Old 11-06-2004, 07:22 AM   #2  
The cat lady

Ellis - knew you were online and probably starting a thread so I waited. Hmm, my cup is empty as well.. better fill it!!

That's better. Well, I'm down another pound! Thats a pound a day! I almost gave up yesterday but seeing the loss has helped me so I can make it through another day. I have a dinner with friends from church tonight. Hoping they have stuff I can eat. I am sure she will at least have salad and some meat of some kind. This is a thing we call "Dinner for six" so we can all get to know one another. I don't know these people yet so didn't feel comfortable asking her to make sure she had something I could eat. I'll figure it out and stay OP, don't worry!! I'll just have a good snack before we leave so that I won't be over hungry and splurge!!!

I am thinking of going back to bed again. Lazy......I know. Figured I better enjoy it before I have little ones running around and can't get enough sleep!
Other than that I am going to do some housecleaning and then take it easy so my back doesn't act up again.

Have a great day y'all!!
Old 11-06-2004, 07:58 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Davoswoman, I feel like going back to bed too! It's such a dull and miserable morning here! I guess it's time to start using my SAD preventing light every morning.

Ellis, what stage are you at with your kitchen? Are you and DH still speaking? Can you work in it now? Notice I didn't say cook!

Today I have absolutely nothing planned except to continue putting the kitchen back together. I'd love to stick on the border to finish it off but the decorator lady tells me I need to let the paint "cure" for a few weeks! I want everything done NOW, dammit! I'll get the pictures back up and Harry can put the books back in the bookcase. I was planning to weed out useless cookbooks but that can wait.

Since I'm showing some physical signs of stress (eczema and the runs), I must work on those lines a lot today. Tomorrow is going to be very busy with Church, picking up set furniture, putting up the set and afternoon AND evening rehearsals! Poor Harry and Lucy! They'll need extra attention today.

Time for another coffee, a bit of a petting and tummy rubbing session with Lucy and then hack away at memorizing this darn script!

Happy weekend, chickies!
Old 11-06-2004, 08:01 AM   #4  
i luv my dog!

Mornin' everybody, hope your weekend has started out well. It's cold here, and damp. YUK.

Bra shopping - not particulary fun. I went shopping yesterday to try and get some new undergarments. I started out trying on about 8 bras but none of them fit and I didn't feel like staying so I left and forgot all about the undies. Oh, well.

Appointments, please - Earlier this week the doorbell rang at 7:30am. Luckily I was up and about, albeit in my sweats (warm/loungewear) but I wasn't expecting anyone. I looked out and saw the chimney sweeper dude so I answered the door. They are required by law to do this (landlord pays) so I figured I'd just get it over with. What I really wanted to do was ask him if his company believed in making appointments, or at least waiting until a reasonable 8:00am start time, but there was a language barrier so I just showed him in and let the dog bark at him.

Weight loss - TOM, that , snuck in a week early this month. (Maybe it was the lunar eclipse...) and teamed up with consti****** to sabatoge my week of phase 1. ARGH. I'll probably have to continue P.1 for anther week.

Cooking - DH made homemade salsa yesterday and I put some in my omelet and it was gooood! Try it sometime. Today I made mock potato salad with cauliflower and that turned out pretty tasty, too and it was easy. I found a recipe for low-carb brownies that is very similar to the one we have for decadent fudge brownies. I'm going to make that later today and if its good I'll post it.

davoswoman mentioned that she checked out the SBD cookbook from the library and was glad that she didn't buy it. I was wondering how many of you have it and if you think it is worth having?

Eating - yesterday I had too many peanuts. Gotta quit doing that. Gonna have extra veggies this weekend.

Well, better run. Hello to those yet to drop in. Ciao.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:12 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick drive by this morning. I have company so no time to chat. Hope you all have a good day. See y'all later!
Old 11-06-2004, 09:15 AM   #6  

Good morning!

It has been awhile since I have posted- I hope that everyone is doing well. We are good- had a rough weekend last weekend with exhaustion and nausea, but have felt great the last couple of days.

My house is an absolute disaster, so that is the agenda for the weekend! I have 3 different "events" going on at my house this month, so need to get it into tip-top shape!

Hope you are wonderful, I will catch up on posts one of these days!
Old 11-06-2004, 09:16 AM   #7  

Candace, another pound!! You go, girl!!
Good luck at the dinner tonight. Don't be concerned about offending anyone... it's your body, and your health is top priority! Tell them you'll have a coronary if you eat anything with carbs in it.

Ruth, the kitchen is still in a terrible state. DH has the wire placed for the potlights, the sound insulation is in place, and today we're going to start drywalling the ceiling. I've put together most of the new cabinets, and they're sitting in the dining room. We still have to rip out the old ones, which will involve more electrical and a great deal of plumbing.
I envy you being able to start putting things back in place!
I'm sorry you're stressed, sweetie... sending you love and hugs...

a broad abroad, 7:30!?!? What a nut!
Hey, eat your veggies!!

The wind was SO strong yesterday! I really enjoyed it, except for when it blew open and broke one of our windows.
This is such a drafty, big old house. It's ironic that when you spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to replace your windows for the sake of saving on energy costs, your property taxes go up.

Mamacita, I hope you're doing okay... thinking about you, hon.

Have a great day, girls!
Old 11-06-2004, 09:17 AM   #8  

Bamie and Karen... I missed your posts... hi girls!
Karen, we've missed you! So sorry you've all been ill.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:40 PM   #9  
Palm tree/Beach fanatic

Hi Ladies - this is going to be a quick one. DH is sick and DS need attention. I had a great session with my psychologist today. Visited my DMIL in the hospital. Busy morning so far. Need to do some shopping and clean the house. Doing good OP eating. I've purposely stayed off the scale. I'll weigh in Wednesday instead of of Thursday since I'm leaving for CA then. Have an awsome day. I'll try and check back later.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Hi all

Most of you are probably winding down with your day, but I'm still slogging through housework............ugh. Bathrooms...........when I become queen and in charge there will be no bathrooms. Let them...you know.....go outside. The pilgrim moms weren't idiots, they knew what indoor plumbing would lead to!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't done great eating for two days, don't know why, but I'm not depressed about it. I'm doing better right now! Drinking water like a camel and will go shopping for food later today.

My kids all got together and bought me an ipod mini....for no reason!!!! I've wanted one for over a year so when I went running I wouldn't have my bulky CD player. Pretty excited, been downloading music and having a ball.

Well, you chickies, take a day off!!!!
Old 11-06-2004, 05:00 PM   #11  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone. It is a gorgeous day here today. DH is trying to get the windows in our master bedroom refinished before winter sets in for good. Soooo, he is busy and I can sneak away to check out what's going on.

Davos - WTG. Another pound. Keep it up, you are doing sooooo well. Don't fret about the dinner tonight. Just eat what you know is allowed and beg out of the dessert (I usually use the line that dinner was so good and I couldn't eat another bite ) That's usually true because I don't plan to eat dessert, so fill myself on the entree. Having a snack before is a great idea, also. Good luck. I know you will be just fine.

Ruth - Sorry to hear you are so stressed. Take a deep breath and do what you can. Some days you just can't be superwoman to everyone and everything that is around. It will get done and you will do a fine job. Take care of yourself.

a broad - It's the truth...showing up on someone's doorstep at 7 am is a bit on the nervey side, I'd say. I did collections on my first job and we were not allowed to contact anyone before 9 am. Obviously, times have changed.

I have both the SBD book and the cookbook. Although I don't use them frequently, I find them a handy resource when I want something special. However, if you understand the principle of the good/bad fats and the good/bad carbs and how carbs actually work in your system, then have the food list, you will probably get on fine using the recipes on this forum.

Bamiegurl - Have a good weekend.

Kiko - Great to hear from you. Take care of yourself. See you back here soon.

Ellis - I really feel for you. We are doing major renos to our house, too. We want to update it, then sell and downsize. This, however, has been going on for yeeaaarrrs. We are hoping to have the master bedroom finished by Christmas, then it will be....2 more bathrooms, 1 1/2 bedrooms, the family room and a bunch of finishing work throughout the house. Then, the outside of the house needs to be finished - new doors, new soffits/eavestrough and new driveway and sidewalks. After that, it is on to the basement. My head spins just thinking of the amount of work left to do. You will be in your new kitchen before too long. And it will be worth the time it takes and the effort. It is just soooo frustrating working in the mess and trying to keep up with life at the same time.

Palm - Great that you are doing so well. Keep up with the program - you can do it just take one day at a time.

RNMOM - No winding down here. I am cleaning, DH is sanding. This is not a good combination. However, I need to get the house in some kind of order. DS and his girlfriend moved out last weekend - at least that's what they call it. I don't quite see it that way. They have stuff strewn all over the house. I have been picking up all week, trying to collect it in one place, then have to clean. You are right...indoor plumbing isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Me - We are taking mom and DS out tonight for their birthdays. Their birthdays were last Saturday, but since we were away, we delayed the dinner. I have called my mom all week, so that she may have a chance to remember (she is in the first stages of dimentia). When I called this morning to remind her, she informed me that someone had already called to ask her out tonight, but she couldn't remember who... It's sweet, but difficult to watch an aging parent that has been so independent all her life.

Well better get back to that indoor plumbing...

Have a great weekend.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:17 PM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Quick post to say hello and with all my shopping and eating out these past 2 days I have stayed OP! Well I did have a caffe latte! OOPS!
Old 11-07-2004, 07:47 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick check-in as this will be a flat-out running day! Aside from the runs and eczema, I seem to be getting a damned cold! You chicks don't need to listen to my whining, I'm sure.
Have a good Sunday. I'll see you Monday if I survive the next 18 hours!
Old 11-07-2004, 09:36 AM   #14  

Ruth Take care of yourself!! You sound like you need some rest!

Mama How are your eyes?? I don't think I will ever catch up on all of the posts that I have missed, but read yesterdays. That sounds scary to me.

Laurie We read constantly to our DD. She is just shy of 3 and LOVES books. We read her at least 2 every night and by the time she wakes up in the morning she has gotten several more off of her shelf and has them in her bed.

Me- Just sipping on some coffee (severely limited these days ), making a grocery list. We are going to head out shortly to shop prior to church. This has been a wonderfuly relaxing and productive weekend, which I needed desperately!! DH has worked all weekend, so DD and I have had a wonderful time together.

I hope to be here more this week as I seem to be coming out of a fog.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:46 AM   #15  

Oh, Ruth... take care of that cold, sweetie. I'd bring you chicken soup if I weren't so far away.

Peggy... phew!! What a lot of work you're doing! I don't know why, I thought you'd already sold your house and moved into your new apartment!
Well, you've certainly made me feel a lot better about my puny kitchen job... thanks, hon. I hope your renovations all go smoothly and quickly.
I'm so sorry about your Mom... It must be so difficult to see the changes. I'll keep her (and you!) in my prayers.

RNMom, a mini ipod! How cool!

Under a Palm Tree, sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now... sending you hugs, sweetie...

Bamie, stay OP, girl! You're doing great!!

Isn't it a drag how the entire bunch of bananas ripens on the same day?! I've got six bananas here, and they weren't ripe yesterday. Now, if we don't eat them TODAY, I'll have to throw them out.
Today we're drywalling. Which means that DH and I won't exactly be arguing, but we'll be giving each other steely looks, and snorting through our noses at one another.
Closed Thread