100 lb. Club - Thank you! A new start...

View Full Version : Thank you! A new start...

tkdkathy
11-04-2004, 08:12 PM
I just wanted to thank each person who responded to my first post here. I appreciate each one of you so much. ;) I have been doing some thinking and I think it will take me awhile to get acclimated to how I want to go about losing this weight. I have the Thin For Life book and the Thin books. I need to read some more in both of them, and actually apply it to my life. I have already started eating a little better since I posted a couple of days ago. I think it is hard for me to accept that I really have to change some things...but I am very determined! I drink about 75 ounces of water a day. I might try drinking more. I eat three meals a day (plus a bunch of extra stuff :( ), which is actually a big change from what I used to do. I exercise 5 to 6 days a week.

I am thinking right now about whether I need to make more of a change or just do baby steps. I was happy to hear that most people are using their own plan of some sort. I have the WW materials from awhile ago, but it seems too restrictive for me. Anyhow, I just wanted to check in and say thanks. Oh, and I think I might try not weighing for awhile---like every 4 to 6 weeks or so. The numbers thing really messes me up. I can't wait until I figure out how to make my messages look cool like all of yours. I am definitely NOT the computer whiz. Take care.

Kathy

heather_dw
11-05-2004, 03:43 PM
You sound like you have a great plan!!! I havent read the books you mentioned but I heard they are really good.
I think you are well on your way with the eating changes and exercise. That is the way I am going about things,.. just taking small steps at a time and trying to make more good choices than bad overall:-)

*applause* :cp:and continued success to you!

Amanda Panda
11-06-2004, 01:34 PM
Well done Kathy, it sounds like you have made a great start!

Love Amanda x

pyxie
11-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi Kathy:

sounds like you are making good plans for a successful weight loss.

You did ask if you thought that baby steps or more of a change were better. My vote goes to the baby steps. That's how I did my plan. I changed small things but kept the changes permanent because I wanted to be successful in maintenance. I read a phrase somewhere and wrote it down, to burn it into my mind "Permanent, liveable, sustainable lifestyle changes"

I thought that if I could make small but liveable and permanent changes that I could sustain for a lifetime I'd have a whole new thin lifestyle when I reached maintenance.
I lost 115 lbs to maintenance, maintained for 6 months and had to take time off for a foot injury and regained some weight - but I'm back on the exercises and taking the added lbs off again.

Allie
SW/258 CW/156 GW 140-145

dowsx4
11-07-2004, 11:10 AM
I like the baby steps, I didn't change everything all at once and it made me feel more in control and not overwhelmed, I am still fine tuning things and it's been almost 2 years!

mezmerize
11-07-2004, 11:29 AM
It's looks like you put some deep thought into this that is a huge step. Your going to do great. Were here for you!!
Mez