Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 07:58 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Happy Hump Day

Hi All,

Hope everyone is okay, I am just overtired which sucks.. my eating has been OK but not as good as it could be so this week I'll commit to eating well as much as possible.

Aimee: my brother just moved to Coquitlam!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-03-2004, 08:05 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies!
I stayed up late last night to see about the election. I'm unhappy with the impending results but life goes on. Dinner was BLOWN last night we were doing fast food with mom and while I wanted Wendys Baked potato chili and salad everyone else wanted chinese. Anyway I'm going to start fresh I have PT today and I have to help my mom with the house again So I'm trying to get some research done this AM
OH! I'm going to journal what I eat for the challenge here on the forum if you guys want to join cool if not np
Aimee I always have the bizarre transit experience.
bbiab
Old 11-03-2004, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

'morning gals! Oh my.. I'm already having a bad day... my tummy area is SO SO SO sore!! I think it's a combo between being hungry and my TOM approaching.. but me no likey.. heh..

So I've been viewing this election thing.. and I am shocked.. I don't follow politics, or really anything like that.. and just barely knew who was running... my brother of course filled me in when I went to visit him a month ago. So with all Bush's bad press, how could it be so close? I was just a little shocked about the whole thing.. I guess it's my own fault though, I watched Farenheit 9/11, which as we know paints Bush in a very bad light.. I'm interested to see how it'll all play out..

Anyways, since I don't know anything the election, I shall move on.. heh.

Kierie - I dun wanna put down what I eat! I've been eating SO SO bad lately.. and my days yesterday consisted of corn dogs for breakfast, and burger king for dinner.. lol. No WONDER my tummy is so sore!

Ali - where in Coquitlam does he live? I live in Westwood Plateau, which is up the mountain behind Coquitlam Centre (which is a major mall).

I'm off to shower! have a great day

-Aimee
Old 11-03-2004, 10:00 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

aim if you write it down it makes you accountable for what you eat no ones going to put you down lady!
our elections a sham unfortunately sigh now I want to move to canada! and no offense its COLD THERE!
(I hate cold)
Old 11-03-2004, 10:24 AM   #5  

It's true.. it is a little cold out here... but it doesn't really snow where I am.. mostly just rain. And I hate rain.. but I guess you take what you can get, right? Yup!

They are saying that 80% of Canadian's want John Kerry to win. I suspect thats just mainly because of the war, which Canada doesn't support. I like to watch the news and learn about all this stuff.. but it ends up making me mad.. we've had to discontinue our morning paper, and I generally only watch the morning news, which focus's more on weather and traffic.. heh..

Okay, I'm really going to work now! hehe bye

-Aimee
Old 11-03-2004, 10:42 AM   #6  
Running Babe

Yeah... that election thing grrr... sorry did I say that out loud....

Aimee: we're colder here inI think.....

Kierie: Think how pretty Vermont is in the winter.... go a little further and then you're in Canada.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-03-2004, 10:45 AM   #7  

Oh! (yes I'm back... but I'm not late late yet.. just almost late! ) Vancouver's weather is basically identical to Seattle's.. which I consider pretty mild.. but I am origionally from the prairie's... very very very cold there! I'm gone for REAL this time! bye

-Aimee
Old 11-03-2004, 10:51 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

now if you could just tell DH that we might be in business!
Old 11-03-2004, 12:50 PM   #9  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning, Ladies!!

Good morning! Well, I voted yesterday. While I think voting is a wonderful thing to have the option to do, I'm not sure I'll do it again. I'm the type of person who is ALWAYS second-guessing themself. I voted for Bush, because I think that he has done many good things and made many correct decisions, and most importantly, I feel safe with him in office. But then I also liked Kerry and I wonder if maybe I should have voted for him. Yeah, it's just one vote, but I'm sure there are other people like me who could have gone either way. I'm glad to be able to vote, but I hate that I can't be confident of my decision.

My eating hasn't been too bad. Monday wasn't great--I ate what I was supposed to eat for meals, but I ate a few too many halloween candy bars. Yesterday was great, filled with lots of fruits and veggies, chicken breasts, and some air-popped popcorn. Monday, I did a 2 mile WATP tape and yesterday, I did 1/2 hour of Pilates. Today, I work until 7, but after that, I'm going to try to go to the Y and do some treadmill and elliptical machine time. If not, I'll probably just do the WATP tape again. Two days down, a lifetime to go.

Ali--I don't know if I've posted this link before, but it has some interesting stuff that may be helpful for your busy schedule. The link is http://www.aicr.org/press/pubsearchd...sso?index=1794. I had some trouble downloading it this morning, but you can call the 800 number and get one sent to you for free. It might help.

Kierie--I'm sorry to hear that dinner was blown, but you had a good day yesterday aside from that right? And you'll have a good day today, so don't fret, my pet.

AImee--Yikes about your tummers! I hope you're feeling better soon, doll. And don't be ashamed to put down what you eat--the gals here are so nice they'd never say anything. Plus, like Kier said--it will keep you accountable. I will if you will, OK?

I kind of want to move to Canada, too.

OK, I better get some work done now. See ya!
Old 11-03-2004, 03:34 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Hey girls! I heard that Kerry conceded this morning. Interesting election! I certainly have strong feelings, but I won't share - esp since I am not American! Jess, I know how you feel, but your one vote is important!! Esp if everyone felt their one vote didn't really count...glad you did it anyway! Consider that your good deed for the week! Hope your lines were too bad! Same to you Kier!

Ali - at first glance, I thought you wrote "I'll commit to eating as much as possible". Missed the "well" that was funny

Kier - Most of cities aren't any colder than NYC - we get similar weather. Vancouver is super warm and rarely even gets snow, but as Aimee says, it does rain a lot so if you have SADD don't move there And yeah, Chinese is killer - DON'T WI today - you'll def see a water gain from the sodium...the dread Chinese food water gain. Lucky it passes!

Did I mention how much I LOVE the tickers? Oh, Kier the food journals are great...it totally keeps you accountable and gives some menu ideas- Jen L had great recipes toshare sometimes from those threads (and others too, but she was Recipe Queen).

Hmmmmm....that gives me an idea....
Closed Thread