South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 05:54 PM   #1  

Talking New to SB

Hello all thought this would be a good motivater I began the SB on 11-1 and really excited so far. No cravings either thank goodness. I have tried Atkins and WW but wasn't able to stick to those for a long amount a time. I have a friend who is doing this too so that should help some. I have some fatique but most so far I seem to get so full on a meal that I dont want to eat lunch or dinner. Any suggestions would be appreciated. GL to all
Old 11-02-2004, 06:39 PM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey gal welcome to the beach! Glad to have another spot occupied! teehee I am no good at food advice cause I have a hard time eating 3 meals myself! teehee Don't worry though we have lots of experts around here!
Old 11-02-2004, 11:59 PM   #3  

Hi and welcome to the site..
Old 11-03-2004, 06:03 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach. The fatigue will leave once you are de-toxed. Perhaps you could post what you are eating. It's important to have three meals and two snacks to keep your metabolism humming along.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:18 AM   #5  
Trapped Skinny Person

Welcome Rugrats!

I too started on Monday. So far so good - even down 3 lbs of water weight so far (hey the number on the scale changed - that is all that matters

I found preplanning my meals and cutting and bagging my veggies as snacks has helped me a lot.

I am already getting sick of salads though - with the weather changing I want warm comfort foods - I will have to find a nice meat & veggie casserole to satisfy this craving.

Best of luck - stick with it!

Kim
Old 11-03-2004, 09:07 AM   #6  

Welcome to the Beach, Rugrats! Preplanning is critical. I always plan a weeks worth of meals and snacks. And if my week will be busy with activities in the evening, I plan which meals will be on which days to make sure I have enough time to cook them.

Check out the recipe section. There are lots of good ideas there. This time of year I love to make soups and chilis. I have posted my Hearty Bean and Pasta soup which is a great Phase 2 soup. You could do it on Phase 1 if you left out the pasta. I'm not crazy about salad so I rarely eat it. There is so much to choose from!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:53 AM   #7  

Heres My normal Meals so far
2 quiche cups v8juice and 2 slices of boiled ham for breakfast

snack cheese stick

lunch-- grilled lemon pepper chicken breast with melted cheese ( i skipped lunch day one )

snack 15 almonds

dinner lean steak grilled with broiled tomatoes
jello

for day 2 i just had celery with laughing cow light cheese cherry tomatoes and 2 slices of turkey jello and the vanilla ricotta for dinner.
any suggestions besides force to eat 3 meals?
Old 11-03-2004, 10:21 AM   #8  

I would suggest increasing your vegetable count. It doesn't look like you are getting anywhere near enough although the quiche probably has some. Also included legumes like black beans in your meals since you need to get carbs so you don't go into ketosis.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:33 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey! Welcome to the Beach!
Closed Thread