Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 08:40 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Election Tuesday

Hi All,

I am not American, but just wanted to remind all of you in the US to vote. Anyway today is busy, I work and then work again after work... Busy busy, and I need to catch up on some sleep. Kind of annoyed, I have next Sunday off, BUT I have been scheduled for a meeting Sunday night grrr... Oh well, at least I can relax (I can't sleep in however).

Jess: yah you've worked it out!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-02-2004, 09:21 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ali!
Yesterday I cruised ebay and got a holiday house for under our tree best part? it was HALF PRICE! I love a discount
Jess I'm so glad you openned up to your friends its hard but if ppl know whats going on then they have a better appreciation of the sitch
Aimee I'm sorry your "Friend" bailed does she do that alot?
Today I have ALOT to do and im still in a meds induced haze mom gram and I are going to vote I never reregistered for my new address so BACK to my elementary school!
Theres someone interested in my moms house and they're coming tommorrow so tonight is the big push to get the last minute things done
I had a bologna and cheese sandwich for breakfast it was on sale last night and it was the good bologna thats actually beef I couldn't resist
Also DH left me alone by the Entemens display and I picked up devils food cake donuts and once it goes in the cart its not leaving but I had one and dh put it on a high shelf so i can't get them! the benefits of being short
But the killer is I'm thinking about them grrrrr
I'm going to kill the craving tho with a stoneyfield FF choc yogurt I'll report back on the taste
bbiab
Kierie
Old 11-02-2004, 09:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies! I am TIRED this morning, and I think it's raining out... poo! All this rain is driving me insane.. but it's supposed to clear up tomorrow

Yes my "friend" does that a lot.. apparently she fell asleep, which is probably true. But still, anyways, I just give up. No more making stupid plans with a stupid person!

I'm too tired to make any sense, so I'm going to go shower.. heh.. have a great day girls.. I won't be back until late!

-Aimee
Old 11-02-2004, 09:50 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

the yogurt was DECADENT! and 170 cal no fat 3grams of fiber
Aimee Do that ot her once and she'll see how it feels
better yet just be busy when she wants you around
Gotta go pick up clothes ahhh domestic bliss
Old 11-02-2004, 10:07 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Morning girls!

I am in better spirits today - last night I took my dog for a walk and gave her a bath, and went grocery shopping. I also came to terms with my hair and today I don't care what people say. I CAN pull it off and you know what, it's not that dramatic - I can still put it in a tiny pony just like I always do, and the blonde highlights are kind of fun. So I am sucking it up.

My OBGYN appt was LONG - 2 hours!! But it was good. THey found right away (I say they b/c there was an intern as well, both women) that my cervix bleeds right away - which has NOTHING to do with fertility, thank goodness. And they found that I have wonky hormones, but are checking me out. I go for blood tests on the third day of my cycle (which is this week sometime) and the 23rd day. and an ultrasound for my ovarian cyst. And I see her in 6 weeks. The OBGYN was very good and very encouraging. She also had the same hair as me So of course I liked her a lot. Plus, she delivers at the hospital I want.

YOu know, it hit me for the first time, that we are REALLY trying. I mean, I can have a baby this time next year. I better really focus on getting my body in good shape b/c it's not just me -it's a little life that will depend on my body! That is totally scary!! Being at the OBGYN really drove it home. Happily, all my tests from my physical in May were perfect - cholesterol, CBC, thyroid, heart rate, blood pressure, all that. But she is doing them all again,just to be sure -which is nice too.

Anyway, just a scary thought for your Tuesday morning.

Aimee- your friend is one of "those". There are people that just don't have regard for others the way we do!! I am sorry that you had to deal with that!

Kier - does your vote count in your drug induced haze?

Ali - you are right, it has been a tough October altogether. How about we elect November as a fresh start and focus on the 8.5 weeks to the end of the year!?

I am going to upodate my New Year New Body challenge...
Old 11-02-2004, 12:48 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Belle thats the kind of stuff DH and I are going to have to deal with when we finally TTC my big worry is getting pregnant before I'm in good shape and miscarrying my hormones are wonktastic too. . .btw my gyno visits always have an audience never just me and the doc
as for my haze I laid down for a bit and while I'm still in my usual haze :P
the worlds fuzz factor is gone

You can file the following under Kier knows tons of wierd stuff:
October in the pagan calender is the end of the year when all the energy and stresses of the year build up ie Octobers usually a really bizarre tough month. Nov 1 is the first day of the "new year" when everything starts fresh again

ok enough wierdness I think I'll update at the challenge too
Old 11-02-2004, 10:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

omg!!!! That makes sense Kierie! Today my boyfriend decided to go with the fulltime job where he makes more now, but less in the long run.. and will be working normal hours. October just felt extreme.. I love weird things

So!! I was on my way home today,and found out the skytrain wasn't running.. but later found out it wasn't running from downtown to where I was.. but from where I was out my way it WAS running.. just slowly. So in Vancouver and area most people work IN vancouver but commute, and the skytrain comes from Coquitlam (where I live) and Surrey ( a major major city).. SO many people were stranded until the skytrain people came up with buses to shuttle people to the skytrain station where the trains WERE running. It was crazy weirdness, this is such a major thing.. But I made it home! And thanks to some GREAT timing, I made it home within 5 minutes of my normal time I just had to share my story..

-Aimee
Closed Thread