100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh-In Thread 11/1 - 11/7

lessofsarahtolove
11-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Hello, everybody! :o Sorry, Amy Jo and Gretchen -- just thought I'd get this up and running since we didn't have one yet and I'm sure there are folks eager to share their good news! ;)

My "official" weigh-in day is not Monday, it's later in the week, so I'll just give a "current" report and report back officially later in the week. I'm now at 212, so 72 pounds down. (And 13 pounds from my Winter Solstice goal of 199!!)

I can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!!

lil_cara_mia
11-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Congratulations Sarah :) I'm sure you'll make your solstice goal with no trouble.. just imagine.. Onederland!

teapotdynamo
11-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Well, I had a slower week, but jumped off the plateau this weekend. Down 2 from 225 to 223.

Congrats, Sarah - Onederland is just around the corner!

howie6267
11-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Congrats Sarah and Jennifer. You both are doing great and both are getting close to onederland. I can't wait to get to 299 that will be my onederland since I will never be under 200. My current goal is to be there by March.

Annie-Rose
11-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Excellent news that you're off that plateau Jennifer.Well done!
Great on the 212 too Sarah!
I've not lost this week and am not sure why??? But I'm plugging away and will have better news next Monday! I PROMISE!!!!

Ivanna B. Skinny
11-01-2004, 02:18 PM
WAY TO GO YOU ALL!!!
You're almost there Sarah! You'll probably beat me to your goal!! ;)
Allright Jennifer for dumpng that plateau!!
Annie Rose, I know how you feel sister! But you'll see a loss next week Im sure!

As for me...TOM is here, so no weigh in for me this week. (Or at least till its gone)

barbygirl43
11-01-2004, 03:49 PM
WTG Sarah and Jennifer--2 pounds is great.

I'm up one more pound to 263.5 but in all honesty, I expected a 5 pound gain so this is nothing. I'm finally back on track and am getting my life in order. I made out my menu last week and I can tell I have a different mindset.

djs06
11-01-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm going to weigh in on Friday. I've gained in the vicinity of 5 pounds, i *think*
Hopefully it'll come off soon.

Glad to hear the good news from everyone. Keep up the excellent work.

tolose85
11-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Good job everyone... I lost a pound... SO I am thrilled! Especially given the past couple of weeks I've had!

teapotdynamo
11-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Congrats, Gretchen! Sometimes all it takes to get remotivated (at least for me) is just a little success.

I'm so proud of how far you've come -- you're looking (and I'm sure feeling) great!!!

Jen

StarAngel2528
11-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Hey, I'm down to 210 this week, thats three pounds for the week!

howie6267
11-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Good for you Gretchen. See I told you today would be better. Keep up the good work we are all pulling for you.

Jessica 3 lbs that is awsome.

Annie-Rose
11-02-2004, 12:12 PM
congrats Gretchen and Star Angel!!!!

barbygirl43
11-02-2004, 12:30 PM
wtg gretchen and jessica!!!

nelie
11-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Congratulations everyone who has lost. As for me, I'm not going to talk about it ;)

jkfla
11-02-2004, 06:12 PM
great job you guys! and i'm with the ones who are having a rough time this week. i have a pass that i am going to use tomorrow. i'll still weigh and record it on my weight commander but i'm not going to post because i have just had the most horrible week. so here's to a better week next week for everyone who needs it! and keep up the great work everyone!

Annie-Rose
11-03-2004, 02:42 AM
Hope things get better for you Shelly!

jkfla
11-03-2004, 03:15 AM
thanks annie, you sweetheart!

Ivanna B. Skinny
11-03-2004, 10:46 AM
:dance: CONGRATS TO YOU ALL!!! :dance:

Jazzmine
11-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Today (Wednesday's) are my weigh in day and I have lost 5.8 pounds

lessofsarahtolove
11-03-2004, 11:57 AM
Wow, Jazzmine! Congratulations! Shelly, it's a new day, girlfriend. :grouphug:

mezmerize
11-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Congratulations everyone! As for me I finally made it into the teens. 219 :) I'm trying my best to do what I can by eating right. My knee is still out. :( So I'm being very good not to over work it.
Mez

lessofsarahtolove
11-03-2004, 01:07 PM
GO, GO MEZSTER!!!!!!!!!!

Yay, you're in the teens!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I'm really sorry your knee is troubling you. Have you seen a doc about it? How long has it been now? My knees trouble me occasionally, and I find that sometimes if I've overdone it, after a couple of days I just go back to working out (with a nice warm-up) and they actually feel better than if I'd done nothing at all -- provided I don't overdue it again. But then, I don't have anything seriously wrong with them. Hope it feels better soon! Again, I'm really happy for you, and I think you're doing just great ....... keep at it, my friend!! :grouphug:

howie6267
11-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Wow Jazzmine you go. That is fantastic.

Good for you Mezz your getting close to the Oneunder mark. Hope your knee is feeling better. I take glucosamine for my knees that with the weight loss seems to be helping a lot.

Shelly you can do it just hang in there. We all have weeks where we don't do so good. I'm pulling for you.

mezmerize
11-03-2004, 01:43 PM
:) Thanks Sarah your encouragement means alot to me :)

I haven't seen the doctor I've been playing this by ear for years.
I've had trouble with my knees (both) since I was a preteen. At one point they wanted to operate on them. Basically I needed my knee capps scraped. It was before they had the scope. So they gave me 2 choices do both knees and be in a wheel chair for 6 months or do one at a time and be finished in a year. I went for option #3 chicken out and don't tell mom and dad when it hurts. :)
I was "Tomboy" and had to prove that girls could do just as much/or better than boys. Which often ment I wouldn't tell when I hurt myself. Where I grew up there were 15 boys and 4 girls in the area. Dolls always bored me... I wanted to run, climb trees and get dirty. (Humm... I'd still rather do those thing ;) )
Mez

mezmerize
11-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the info Howie. I'm going to look for some today. Would I find it in a Health food store or Dept. store in the Vit. Dept?
Mez

howie6267
11-03-2004, 02:24 PM
I get mine at Walmart. And my doctor says don't bother with the kind that has Chondroitin in it because they are finding that does not do anything anyway. Plus it's a lot more expensive. My doctor told me to take 1500 mg a day. It's a acumlative thing though so don't expect any results for 4 to 6 weeks. I get the Spring Valley Glucosamine Sulfate and for 100 pills it's around $10.00.

CassandraA
11-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Down 1lb

Safora
11-05-2004, 02:52 AM
Lost 3 lbs...Down to 302...my goal is by this time next week to be out of the 3's forever.

lessofsarahtolove
11-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Congrat's everybody on jobs well done! :bravo:

Mez, I'm really sorry you've had to deal with that for so long :( .....so what is your plan now?

I'm 212 with TOM....ugh. At least I didn't gain, that's says a good thing I hope! :crossed:

howie6267
11-05-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm down 2 more this week for a Grand Total of 70 lbs. I am now the lowest I've been in 10 years. I'm getting closer and closer to that virgin fat. 302 is the magic number for that. I would like to see that in the spring sometime.

That does say a good thing Sarah. It's says your still doing great. You did lose this week did'nt you? Just not any more since early in the week right?

lessofsarahtolove
11-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Howie that's GREAT!! You just need to be so proud of yourself for this wonderful accomplishment!! My hat is off to you. :D

Thanks for the support too! Yes, this is just since Monday; I lost 4 pounds between this past Monday and the previous Monday. I've had a bit of emotional eating -- and exercise slack-off -- this week, between PMS and the election results ;) -- but it's nothing major, not so bad in the greater scheme of things. I'm totally back on track now though. We're going out to dinner tonight, but I'll be having some lovely fish, salad and veggies -- with water, of course. :)

Again, Howie, congratulations!

howie6267
11-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks Sarah it does feel good and I am proud of my self. It's been a long time since I've been to this point and it is really feeling good. I have made it past the hump of that last few years and I know I am going all the way this time.

mezmerize
11-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Howie That IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!
I'm SOOOOO SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!!

:bravo: :bravo: :dance: :dance: :hat: :hat: :dance: :dance: :cb: :cb: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Sheila53
11-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Howie, that's wonderful! Sarah, you're getting so close to Onederland--how exciting!!

I lost another pound this week, and am now at my driver's license weight. I've never actually been at my driver's license weight. :) I'm now at the lowest weight I've been in 26 years (I weighed 147 before getting pregnant with my 26 year old son). Frankly, I was a touch disappointed because I wanted to be 179 this week--missed it by .2 lbs.

Jillegal
11-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Wow, everyone's doing so well!! :cb:

Howie and Sheila deserve extra special congrats due to their extra special acheivements. Way to go, both of you!! :cp:

How motivating is all this? I'll tell you, so much that I'm determined to kick all your skinny bums during the challenges. :s:

Ivanna B. Skinny
11-05-2004, 08:18 PM
:dancer: Im SOOO proud of you ALL!!! :dancer:

Tammy32
11-06-2004, 04:30 PM
I know I have been gone forever. I'm still alive and ticking though. I got home from vacation and my computer was dead and there was not anything I could do about it. My husband is home now and has it all fixed. :cp:

Just wanted to give a progress report. I am officially down to 196!! :dance: I've lost a grand total of 49 pounds.

I should be around alot now since the computer is working properly. I can't wait to get all caught up. :) :) I've really missed you guys!! I hope everyones having a great weekend. Inspire me Sarah. :bubbles:

Ivanna B. Skinny
11-07-2004, 10:25 AM
YAY Tamy! Im glad your back!! Congrats on the 49 pounds! We're right at the same spot!! ;)

howie6267
11-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Good to see you back Tammy. Your doing great. Wow onederland, Congrats! :bravo:

djs06
11-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Congratulations, Howie and Sheila! great news.

Tammy, it's great to see you back! Congratulations, you are doing great. Hope to see you around more often!

mezmerize
11-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Mez, I'm really sorry you've had to deal with that for so long :( .....so what is your plan now?

I'm going to try the Spring Valley Glucosamine Sulfate and get better workout shoes. (cross trainers) I also feel maybe a longer warm up. (I'm going to try a few thing before I go to the doctor.)

Mez

lessofsarahtolove
11-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Oh my gosh, I sure wish I'd checked this thread yesterday!!! WOW! Where to begin??? Ok, first things first:

TAMMY'S BACK! TAMMY'S BACK! :dancer: Tammy I have missed you SOOOOOOOOOO much!! You have no IDEA, truly I know you don't. :spin: I am so happy I can hardly stand it, I swear! Since there's no smiley jumping up and down excitedly, I'll have to just give you a big, big hug. :grouphug: Yay! *Insert happy sigh here* I'm REALLY happy about your 49 pound loss too! And Onederland???? Get OUT of here!! *Insert full-body, two-handed chest smack here -- Elaine style* :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:

Aw Sheila, that stupid .2 pounds doesn't mean a thing. That sliver of difference between 179 and 180?? It's just a number. Let your body give you your real report card. Look at your healthy life now, and how you take care of yourself now, and how healthy your days and nights are now vs. then. .2 pounds??? Psshaw. I SPIT on that little piece of nothing! You are a superhero in my book, Sheila. Honestly. Give yourself full credit. (Rather than 99.8% credit.) :yes:

Mez, these sound like good steps, and I sure hope they help you sufficiently. But keep in mind that what you heard from the doc was told you long ago, and it's possible the recovery times are not so long now. I know that people get hips replaced and their lives are renewed without a huge amount of down time, and they usually wish they'd done it sooner. Sorry, not trying to push you to go the surgical route, but it's possible that would be the most effective and least painful route in the long run, you know? Then again, maybe these changes will be sufficient to get you through for now. :crossed: Hope it works out for you....and keep us posted, ok? :goodvibes

Jill, :yes: on the motivation factor -- nothing motivates me like seeing the success of others! :hyper:

Annie-Rose
11-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Hi Tammy! 49 is excellent. Well done Shelia and Howie too!

barbygirl43
11-08-2004, 03:48 PM
welcome back tammy. and your hubby is home? is this for good or just a short visit? WTG on the weight loss. Looks like you lost all that you had gained while quitting smoking.