Support Groups - Desperate Housewives (Formerly SAHM's) #283 Monday

mamawithdreams
11-01-2004, 07:28 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .

mamawithdreams
11-01-2004, 07:42 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Good morning ladies. We are now entering my favorite time of year.
Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween. We had lunch/dinner at dh's grandparents, after finding out a couple of hours before, I hate that...anyways, then went to MIL's but because of the rain there were no other kids there. But that was okay. We all had cookies, candy, popcorn, punch and danced and did limbo, I didn't do it, and the hokey pokey and such. Then on the way home stopped by my parents for a few, they live in town and we were there while there were trick or treaters. That was neat.

Dh was in a really bad mood yesterday morning and later on he apologized for it and said he knew he was but didn't know why. He got better until we got home then he was pi**y again. We got in an argument which I hate when we do but I don't really care. So he went to bed at 815 and the kids were pooped and went to bed at 800 so I watched the rest of Desperate Housewives and then Boston Legal. I know dh will be moody and have a chip on his shoulder today especially because we've got too much rain it's going to stop things up for us a bit. And he thinks it's his luck as if it never happens to anyone building a house or something, I know that's why he's moody anyways. Oh well, he'll get over it. I'll just keep grooving along as if nothings the matter and he'll get over his little baby fit sooner or later and I come out being the bigger person.
We've got to school today and luckily stay home today. I'll probably do alittle laundry and that's about it.

Mel, great pics, you look really good. And those kids look adorable.

Deana, mil doesn't get her candy from there. But thanks for the tip.

Geri, how is work going?

Steph, great pics. You look tall in those pictures, are you?

Spryng and Penny, where are you girls at?

Mel, I haven't forgotten about you and the $ order, but believe it or not, we have $0 cash in the bank, we are living off of our last credit card which I don't like. But we're using it for necessities only. Hopefully dh will get some pay by early next week or so. We can't get a draw until the slab is poured and we'll have to assess the damages outside to know how off schedule we'll be.

Jill, hope Bayley is doing better. Is it a cool or warm mist humidifier? I actually had to learn about this. I used one alot when Andrew was a baby.

Hello Chris, Amy, Sherry, Jaymi and all you other sahm's out there. Hope everyone has a great day and I'll bbl.

bobsgal
11-01-2004, 08:07 AM
Just popping in real quick before taking the kids to school and going to work. To answer your question Crystal, I am 5'11" so yes I'm pretty tall. Always have been. Gotta go for now. Be back later.
Steph

mompen
11-01-2004, 08:14 AM
HI everyone! :wave:

I am off to bring Hunter to school, get headed to the gym ( i miss it :() then I have company coming over... So I will check in later :)

Mel~ Congrats on the weight and I am glad Bubba is feeling well! I am soooo happy that you got into a new size! That is AWESOME!!!!!! HOORAY :cheer: :bravo: :cheer:

Crystal,
Hang in there girly! I know the weather did the same thing to us when we where building :( It sucks I know.

Michelle,
Great pics! Didcha get the clothes yet?

Jill,
I'm still here :) Love ya!

I would to address everyone but I gotta get everyone out the house! Have a wonderful day!

Geri, Ginny, Ricci, Jaymi, Kristen, Cheri, Melinda, Deana, Steph, Spryng, Chris, Cindi, Julie... and all you other SAHM's :) Have a great one!

1hot_tomato
11-01-2004, 08:24 AM
Good morning to Y'all!

Thanks for the warm welcome over the weekend!

I'm going to c&p my last post for Sat. night cause it will answer some questions. I have to zip off the kids to school right now and won't be back
for a while. then home a short bit mid- morn and then off again for the childrens all day party. TTYL~Roxy :coffee:

p.s. rats! be back later try again!

melmcc99
11-01-2004, 08:46 AM
Michelle, the pics of the kids and you and dh are great! Abigail saw the pics of your little cinderella and said "LOOOK another Cinderella!!!!" It was really cute... I'm sure they, and you guys of course, enjoyed trick or treating!

Crystal, hope dh has a better day, so you don't have to deal with the moodiness. Don't worry about rushing with the MO. If you can only send me half when you get money then thats what you can do. Just send what you can when you can...k?

Penny, ttyl. I'll try to give you a buzz later today to get the dirt on your trip. Thanks again for the snail mail.

Welcome Roxy!

Hey Steph! HOw's the gym going? Have a good one!

Deana, did you get to check out Curves this weekend? If I find more coups I'll let ya know! Sometimes I get stuff.

Anyway, slow moving morning. Abigail has no school this week. I am doing some laundry and then I'm going to head out to the gym and catch up on my cardio. I think I need an hour of it today. Uhhhhhh! I missed friday-today, because bugga had the eye appointment friday. I need a bit extra, especially, that I snuck in a piece or two of the candy and Had a half creame filled donut at a friends. And what did she serve for dinner????? Lassanga!!! Not something I make, but will eat if. I have a lot to work off this a.m. I'll check back in later. I'll posts pics too.

MichelleRae
11-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Good Morning girls!!

Penny PM me the email addy you want me to use to paypal you okay :) Oh and how much! I'm glad you had a great time and thanks so much for the postcard!! I loved it!! They haven't arrived yet maybe today :)

Mel congrats on getting into a new size!! That is so exciting!! Yes I just couldn't resist the cinderella dress and Taylor just loved it too! But it was a bit big on her so she kept tripping over the hem of the dress so maybe she can be cinderella again next year :)

Crystal How are you feeling? I may have missed the post but did something happen with your new home?

So I had to get up at 4 this morning Teagan woke up screaming and not feeling good at all :( So I took her up to the ER and she had a fever and they diagnosed her with an upper respiratory virus but her lungs were clear on xray so no pneumonia. But I feel so bad for her she is just miserable :( So needless to say I'm going back to bed I'm exhausted!!

I will TTYL!!
Michelle

melmcc99
11-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Michelle, I'm soooo sorry about Teagan. How is she this morning? Any better? Poor little thing. I hate when they are sick like that. Also, Abigail's dress was big too, so I glue gunned a hem.... I don't have a sewing machine and my trusty glue gun does the trick for stuff like that...lol. Wish I would have konw, I would have given you my trusty hint earlier.

Here's some pics all. One is Abigail and her bf. Also, the first is bugga playing in front of our house and the second is the view from our house to across the street. Thought I'd share, since it was so pretty. Enjoy! Sorry, the one is so big! :o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/melmcc99/leaves040006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/melmcc99/leaves040010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/melmcc99/kidshalloween04.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/melmcc99/mommykidshalloween04.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/melmcc99/patrickthomastrain.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/melmcc99/carleyabigailhalloween04.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/melmcc99/leaves040009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/melmcc99/kidshalloween2-04.jpg

Deana1113
11-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

It's rainy and gloomy here again today for the 3rd day in a row. Of course it would be...no school today. So needless to say the kids are stuck inside again...uggghhhh.

Mel: I didn't get to check it out this weekend but dh knows I am planning to go tomorrow so I won't have to worry about trying to talk to them over Abby :dizzy: . We will be going to vote in the morning then he can be home with her while I go to Curves. I'll let you know when I get back if they will take it and what it's worth on membership. Dh has already said I can go ahead and join, I'm just a little tight when it comes to putting out money on myself so hopefully it will be a huge discount :) .

Michelle: Poor Teagan, hope she gets to feeling better soon. Sooo glad it wasn't pneumonia. I take it the rum punch was really good last night?!? Glad you had a good time.

Penny: Well......did ya hit a big jackpot? Did ya? Huh, huh? Where did you stay? Did you have a great time? it was just you and dh, right? We want details hon!!!

Roxy: Have a great day!

Crystal: Men can be such babies! Mine got frustrated with my mood yesterday and left for work 10 minutes early. He was over it later though when he called me. It must be something in the air :( .

Steph: Wow, wish I was taller! I'm 5'5" and almost as wide :rofl:. Have a great day!

Well when dh called last night it sealed what I figured....I'm not going anywhere tonight because he was asked to volunteer for 4 hours tonight, 8-midnight. And then he tried to play it off that he needed to get to sleep so he could get up and spend some time with me before he has to leave. But I know how that goes....he'll be in his garage rearranging things again until I send one of the kids to tell him supper is ready...then out the door. I told him I won't plan on going out anywhere by myself because if I do he will have to work extra. He said he would just tell them he can't but I don't want him to pass up work and extra money because there are things he wants and bills to pay. Not to mention Christmas coming and I need to start my shopping soon. Besides, if I do go somewhere that takes away an evening I could be spending with him. Guess it's a no win situation :( :?: . Oh well, enough whining!

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

TTYL

Deana1113
11-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Mel: Those are sooooo cute!!! And the view is just beautiful! All I can see is bean fields for 3 directions and the one view that is decent, the leave are almost gone already. Can't believe winter is almost here!

BIGtimeLOSER
11-01-2004, 10:02 AM
I start on Monday! Do you have any idea how scary that is??? I will be a teaching assisitant for the 2 year old class and my hours will be from 8am til the numbers drop and I can go home! I have done the work before, but I just haven't had to work with 7 kids before, so I hope it works out well. They better plan on helping me more around here, that's for sure.

I have to buy clothes to wear. I can only wear blue jeans on Friday, and that's all I have!! Yikes!

So much to do and think about and plan! I can do this, can't I?

I wil be back to post more later! Going to the grocery store!

Love to all my chicks!

sherybaby
11-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Hi Girls!
Can't chat for long but wanted to drop in and say hi! It's been a few days since I've been on. Busy w/the kiddies you know! Mel....love the pictures! What cute kids and your house is beautiful!

Ok, check back later!

spryng
11-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Good morning all!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. We got up and went in search of some nice slacks for me for work... didn't find any. I want some that looks young and not an old ladies dress pant, lol... hard to find. I guess I will go search again next weekend. I did find a pair at walmart that were ok. But they only had size 8 and up and I tried the 8 on and it was too big. I can't believe I'm really and truly a size 6 now! It's hard to wrap my head around I guess. I still see me as that size 16 at times.
Anyway, bubba ending up getting sick yesterday. Ran and fever and body aches. He refused to take medicine. He has no other symptoms so I don't know what he has. But today his fever is 100.6 and he says he doesn't hurt anymore so maybe his body is fighting it on it's own. We'll see. But I'll be staying in today.
So since he was sick yesterday we didn't go anywhere after we came back home. We were suppose to go to MIL house but I didn't want them to catch what Bubba had. So we stayed home and did some karaoke (always fun, lol) played video games, ate pizza, and then watched all our shows last night on tv. So it was a comfy night at home. Dh left at 6:30 this morning and I miss him already.
BUT--- one week from today I start working!!!! I get so excited just thinking about it!!
So today I have a house to re-clean. Shouldn't take too long though. I'm going to work some more in my bedroom too. Not sure what I'm having for dinner tonight, I'll have to look at my menu. So I'll post that later.

Cindi, when did this happen?? I haven't caught up on yesterday's thread yet so I didn't know you applied for a job! How exciting!!! Fill me in on all the details!

Deana, so sorry you can't go anywhere tonight. Where were you planning on going? What will you be making for dinner?

Mel, thanks for all the pics!!! Such cute costumes! And congrats on the size down!!! Feels so good doesn't it?

Michelle, so sorry to hear about Teagan! I hope she gets better today. Did they give her something to take?

Penny, welcome back!! How was your trip? HOw was the hotel room? Did you take lots of pics?

Steph, how are you today?

Crystal, hopefully your dh cheers up today. I'm sure building a house is stressful but it sounds like you handled yourself well. Your night last night sounded fun!

OK, I'm going to read sunday's thread so I get caught up. TTYL!

melmcc99
11-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Spryng, Hey Lady! I know what you mean about finding an in between style. It's either teeniebobber or old ladyish. Frustrating. Try Macy's style and co. I find some stuff that's in between. Sorry, bubba's not feeling well. Sounds like you had fun at home with the family though. I love karaoke and hanging out! Hope bubba feels better soon, at least he doesn't have the aches anymore. That's the worst. Have a good day.

Cindi, Congrats on the job. Cloths hunting. Yuck! Just get the basics, mix and match! If you have the wear the same 4 things each week do it! You'll have plenty for Fridays...lol. Have a good one@!

mamawithdreams
11-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Checking in before we start school.

Hi Spryng, sorry you couldn't find any slacks.

Cindi, WTG on the job. So happy for you. I'm sure it will work out great.

Steph, you are tall, how I would LOVE to be taller.

Mel, great pics. You're kids look alot like you and look like each other.

Michelle, I'm feeling fine. The house is fine, it just rained like crazy last night and may have postponed our slab pouring by a day or so, not too big of a deal.

Well dh is NO better today. BIG chip on his shoulder. Always handles things that way. See he called me the B**CH and I'm over it but he's still mad, go figure. I realized he wins if it annoys me for him to call me names, but if I pretend like it doesn't bother me then what does he win...??? Nothing!!! I told him yes, I was being one and had to be to put up with him. I just can't figure out how he can stay mad but I'm the one he called names...Oh well. I'm the bigger person here and he can have his fit and so on.
Anyways, we're getting ready to start school, ttyl.

sydsmom
11-01-2004, 11:32 AM
hey ladies - Just wanted to check in and say hi! :wave: real quick. I have a few errands to run and LOTS to do around here as always, after a whirlwind weekend! Sydney had a fun halloween.....and I am getting rid of half the candy around here so I don't get tempted. There is a little girl that lives down the street from us, she is mildly ******ed and her mom is sick as well...dad wasn't home so they didn't get to go trick or treating, so I am going to trick or treat to them!!! Anyway, everyone that posted pics, TOO CUTE! :) I have some from sydneys b-day party and misc. ones that I want to get on the MSN site....maybe later, if I get some dishes done, etc. I hate not having a digital cam..gotta wait to get em developed before I can put halloween pics here. Hopefully we can get one soon! There are so many high priced items that I want right now! an area rug that is really cool, a craft table, plantation blinds for the front room.....aahh! NOt sure what I will choose to get first! well...I'll get back here later, to get personal! Sydney is torturing the dog! TTYL!

1hot_tomato
11-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi I'm back for just a little while before our church/school party. Here's Sat. nite's post. I couldn't get it on this morn. Dead car battery! Late! Bad thing!
Good thing...DH was the last one that drove it! :devil:

I'll try to answer all those questions!

Spryng- Yes, they're all mine-no blends- same husband too- almost 21 years of marriage. There's a method to my madness, there's NO divorcing a woman with 10 children. evil chuckle. We're actually happily married!

Kristin- No, not everyone is home now #2 son is in Kansas.
I'll simplify for you believe me it gets complicated.

Wes (ds#1-20) college
Aaron (ds#2-17) H.S. (prep-boarding school) HIS Idea! All expenses paid. He found someone to sponsor him. Good Kid, hard worker!
Steven(ds-#3-15) in H.S. all children currently going to
church academy.

Elissa (dd#1-14)
Michaela (dd#2-10)
Kaitlin (dd#3-8)  6 girls -- P.M.S. catastrophe waiting to happen!
Rosalie (dd#4-7)
Mariel (dd#5-5)
Celine (dd#6-almost 3)

Martin (ds#4- 6 mo.) feel sorry for him now ladies!

Those are my chicks--Plus dh John 1 near-sighted border collie
1 stupid barn cat

Chris-How do I do it? Who says I do? Everyone is required to pitch in!
It's actually easier having 10 than it was 4. Really! It does get
crazy, and there's no such thing as silence. Well, 2:00 a.m.

Jill- Yes, sometimes it's like Ringling Bros. around here! Me- trying to sew
at kitchen table. DH listening to tunes (loudly) little girls #4,5,6 chasing
around the room-tag (shrill laughing) DD#1 yelling at DD#2 to help her
make lunches for tomorrow. DS#3 upstairs playing keyboard, classical,
not as loud as DH, clashes with Dave Matthews though. #3DD holding
#4 DS telling me he's hungry. #4 DS just LOOKING at me thumb in mouth.
Stop sewing-Me. Take #4 DS, beat it upstairs, close door. Man O Man
do I Love Nursing!! FYI sometimes I do hide in the bathroom.
I don't drink,(surprised?), smoke or do drugs of any kind. Drug of choice
Food!
But I wouldn't have them any other way!

BTW-Way to go Bayley! I love first steps! First everything! Smiles, tooth,
steps, Potty wait and see, big time. Personal Favorite. First time
they say "I love you, Mom" around 18-20 months. Melt. Heart actually
expands its so big.

1hot_tomato
11-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Okay, First off I want to say I DID'NT gain any wait over the weekend! I wasn't perfect, but NO candy! I did lick my fingers when I was making rice krispy treats :mad: , man I'm so weak.

Michelle -great pics of the family. Pretty you! Lovely kiddies, and I'm sorry to hear Teagan is sick. Glad it's not serious, Almost lost DD#6 - 1 years ago
because of pneumonia. She is unstoppable now, looks like a tank too!
She'll be three in Dec. So I've been in E.R. many, many times.

Mel- I mis lasagna! Sounds good! Congrats on the littler you! WTG :cp:

Deana -Do you live in the country too? Hope you get out often :dizzy:

Spryng- 8??? 8!!!! OMG One of my legs is an 8! :dancer: WTG!!!!
Hope your Bubba's felling better soon. Season change, time of the
year :?: .

Crystal- Is your hubby thin? Guess what, they vent, have their tantrums and
feel better. We calmly watch, stew and seeth inside. I suppose for
me its: "Not what I'm eating, It's what eating me" gal. Emotional

Hi everyone else, I can reply now. Love to though. I better get my posse to that party. I'll check back later when I'm back. TTFN

~Roxy
sw/265
cw/264
gw/140

mamawithdreams
11-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Roxy, dh is very thin. We weighed the same when we got married and he's gained about 20 pounds. He is almost 6'2" and has a very high metabolism. He can eat, eat, eat and never gains. They do have to vent and throw their baby tantrums and we always have to be the grown ups with our kids and our dh's. Aren't we lucky that God made us the way he made us? I mean I do believe that joke that God wasn't pleased with man, therefore he made woman. He knew he could do better, lol.
Anyways, we're finishing up with school. TTYL

1hot_tomato
11-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Hee Hee! God surely does have a sense of humor and justice. I was very impatient when I was younger! The kids are a good remedy for that! Get back to school and Have a wonderful day! TTYL~Big'Ol Tomato :lol:

sharqueen76
11-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Good morning ladies!! My husband had to leave for work at 5 this morning. I've been up since 4:30! I am so tierd. I did my exercise video from the Firm. I am starting to see my body reshape and tone. I finally finished cleaning my whole house too!! That was a workout in itself.LOL! My son gave me a huge scare this morning..My daughter gave him a piece of bottle cap candy and he started choking on it. I had to put my hands down his throat to try to get it out but he just started turning blue..so I began to pray and he got sick and it came back up..Thank God!! It was very scary.

Mel~ I love your house! It's very pretty. You have beautiful children as well.

Michelle~ Poor Teagan..Is she feeling any better? I hate it when my kids are sick too..it really does wear you out.

Cindi~ Congrats on your new job!! I know you're nervous but you'll do just fine. Way to go!!

Spryng~ Hey!! I know exactly what you mean about wanting to find the right pair of pants. I feel really youthful and alot of the clothes out there are so old looking. You should be glad you're in a size 6..they have alot of fashionable clothes in that size. I can't wait til I'm in a size 5/6 again!! Great job!!

Crystal~ I know exactly how you're feeling right now! Hubby and I got into it last night too..He said alot of hurtful things to me but like you I am trying to be the bigger man and ignore even though the words really hurt. Men!! You've gotta love them. Hang in there, he'll calm down..hubby always does and then he apologizes

Sherry~ Hey you!! I was wondering where you were. I hope you had a great weekend..

Well, I better get off for now but I'll be back and post later.

Have a great day to anyone I forgot and God bless!!

mompen
11-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Hi Everyone!

Melissa,
Hope to catch up with you soon! Didcha get to the gym? Why is Abbigail out this week? Hunter is just out tomorrow for elections. I just loved the pics!!! Very nice :)

Spryng,
Sorry no luck with the pants :( How is dh liking the job?? So excited for you to start! WOOHOO! Hope Bubba is feeling better :D

Deana,
Congrats on the weigh in last week! WOOHOO! Awesome Lady :D

Crystal,
Dh would be getting a smackin' if he called me that! How RUDE! GRRRR to dh :mad:

Roxy,
Welcome :wave: Sorry I missed your posts :) We just got back from vacation so I am checking in slowly but surely :) Hope you love it here.

Kristen,
How are you doing on plan? Hope you get your errands ran! I will be looking for pics soon :)

Steph,
How are you doing today??

Michelle,
I loved your pics! Very nice :) The shipping was $15 something..... I thought it was high but the box was crammed packed. If it is too much just let me know, i'll pay half or all or something :) the addy for paypal is (i'm gonna put the no spam thing in there:)) tacklehut2nospam@i-55.com That is the addy I use for paypal just without the no spam thing :)

Cindi,
WTG to you on the job! WOOHOO!!! Awesome!

Well we didn't win BIG but hubby won a couple hundred I think anyhow the flight, hotel, all the food, rides, shows, souviners and everything came to $1000 after we won so dh was excited!

He has me looking into Disney World for the first week of December!EKKKKK!!! The kids missed us and the boys were upset b/c we flew..... so dh said we can fly to disney world and I think it is less than 2 hours.! So

HERE WE GO AGAIN......lol

Have a wonderful day..... Gonna see if I can load a couple pics real quick!

mamawithdreams
11-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Jeniqua, sorry about your fight with dh. Must be in the air like someone here already said. How long have you been married? After so many years, being the bigger person gets easier because you can always come back and throw it in their face later. My dh never ever apologizes. He did yesterday after being in a bad mood which surprised me but I don't expect him to he never does. He just keeps this little attitude until he gets over it. I do think that I do more damage by acting like nothing is wrong.

Penny, I know what you mean, but I used to throw a bigger fit when dh called me a name but realized that only made things worse. There's nothing I can do to stop it. He only does it during fights. Not that it's okay then, but it's not like every day stuff for him to do that. But he knows how much I hate it so I figure if I pretend like it doesn't bother me then that may make him madder. After he called me that last night, I agreed and said I have to be to put up with you he said nothing and he's not one to say nothing, he likes the last word so I must have got to him some how.

We finished school and Alisa's is finishing decorating her November calendar. Andrew is napping and I didn't sleep well last night so I'm gonna try to nap too.

MichelleRae
11-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Okay I will be drawing names sometime today for the friendship swap. I will post them later tonight :)

spryng
11-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Ok, Bubba's temp got up to 104.8 that is very high so I forced him to take some medicine. I don't know why all of a sudden he hates medicine, they used to beg for it. But anyway, 20 min after taking some Motrin it was down to 102. 8 so it's working and he's feeling better. Poor thing. But he has no other symptoms, any idea what he might have?
Lunch was a taco salad, it was quick and hit the spot. Dinner will be skillet chicken stew.

Michelle, I am so excited about the drawing!!! Can't wait to see who I'm paired with. :)

Penny, what was your favorite part of your trip?? Where did you eat? What casino's did you visit? See any shows?? Details please! LOL!

Jeniqua, it's always so scary when one of the kids chokes on something. Glad everything turned out fine for you. And I am glad I am in a size 6, I can't even remember the last time I was this size. I was 102 lbs when I got married and I size 2 and 8 months later I put on 40 lbs, so I kinda flew by all those other sizes, lol. Then pregnancies added to that, so I'm happy to be where I am now I just can't accept I'm small again, lol. I still feel big all the time. But they say your brain takes a lot longer to catch up to your weightloss than your body does.

Roxy, you have such an interesting life! I would love to have a big family. We may have one more someday, if we win the lottery, lol.. we may have a dozen, lol. Did you always want lots of kids? Were they planned? Do you think you'll have anymore? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just so curious, lol.

Kristin, that is so sweet of you to help your neighbors! I'm sure they'll appreciate it! So did TOM ever arrive for you?

Well, I'm beat. Tanner got up at 6:30 because of this time change thing, hopefully tomorrow he'll be back to normal. Any of your kids not adjusting well to this? So I'm going down for a nap. TTYL!

BIGtimeLOSER
11-01-2004, 02:30 PM
I know I told you a while back to count me in, however, I don't think I went to the other site and put my name there. I do want to be included, do you have me listed?

Hope so

MichelleRae
11-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Penny
Crystal
Mel
Jill
Michelle
Spryng
Deana
Kristin
Geri
Ginny
Chris
Cindi
Ricci

Can anyone tell me if Leigh ever said she wanted to be a part of the swap? Also let me know if I left anyone off the list who signed up :) I'm getting ready to draw :)

Michelle

mompen
11-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Hi Ladies :D

Not usually here at this time but Hunter pottied on himself today so I had to go get em :) anyhow I am here and let's see.....

Michelle,
HURRY! On the names! I wanna know :) and again, is this secret?

Spryng,
Poor Bubba .... not sure what it might be? maybe teeth? Hope he is still feeling a little better :)

Crystal,
I know what you mean about sometimes it is better to just let it go.

Jeniqua,
I am sorry I missed your post earlier! Poor baby! Do you know the hymelic? I know it comes in handy to know cpr and all that with kids..... very scary I know! Glad everything is ok though :)

As far as the details on the trip..... Figured I wouldn't bore ya...lol

We walked the whole strip on the last day there and back..... 10 miles! We went into all the big hotels on the way... very very nice :) New York, New York, MGM Grand, Addalin, Venetian, Caesar's Palace, Treasure Island, Mandalay Bay, Excalibur......etc.. We saw Rita Rudner, comedian. We ate some Chinese, Asian, Irish, and Buffet food.

All in all very nice trip! I went into the Coyote Ugly bar and felt very much out of place with all the teeny boppers......lol So we went to the Times Square Bar to listen to the dual piano players... :)

Anyhow, That is the just of it I guess :D

Ok I will brb with a pic or two :)

mompen
11-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Ok Here is some pics of the Trip:

Penny and Brad:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/mompen/trip3fc.jpg

Penny Meeting Comedian Rita Rudner:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/mompen/pennyrita.jpg

Penny:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/mompen/pennywaterfall.jpg

Happy Halloween from left to Right: Hunter, Rubie, Andrew, Nicholas
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/mompen/kidshalloween.jpg

mompen
11-01-2004, 03:45 PM
sorry they are so big :(

but i am not going back to photobucket and reload.....lol

mamawithdreams
11-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Penny, sounds like fun. A nice get away. Those hotels are SOOOO nice. The Venetian is amazing. Did you see the laser light show?

Spryng, all I can think of is teeth. Maybe the molars. That's a high fever. Does he tend to run higher fever anyways. When Alisa runs a fever it ALWAYS gets high. At one point when she was little her fever had gotten around 104 but no other symptons, it was bronchitis and inner ear infections. The doc didn't catch it, I had to take her to the ER. She had no coughing or nothing, I couldn't figure it out. Hope he gets better.

Okay, dh is better. I guess he got out a while and it helped. He's in a much better mood so that makes things nicer. I'm grilling thin T-bones for dinner on my George Foreman grill and I don't know what else.

I didn't get a nap in, dh had gotten home and I had to get lunch going. Okay, talk to you later.

MichelleRae
11-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Penny great pics!! I love them and you look fabulous! Hubby wants me to pay pal you on friday since I spent 200 bucks on the ER visit today. Will that be okay?

Okay names are drawn, I want everyone to know that I drew names fair and square out of a bowl without looking :)

Now, its up to you all, do you want this to be kept secret or would you like me to post the names list on the msn group page? the first 3 posts telling me what they would like to do majority wins :)

I'll be waiting :D
Michelle

Bayleysmom
11-01-2004, 05:07 PM
I don't think it should be secret. Lets just know who everyone has. BBL for a long post, need to get dinner started.

MichelleRae
11-01-2004, 05:54 PM
come on ladies I need two more votes before I will post or PM the results of the drawing :)

Bayleysmom
11-01-2004, 06:13 PM
ya hurry up guys I want to see who I got!!!!

mamawithdreams
11-01-2004, 06:45 PM
I don't think it should be a secret either. Others can help us decide if we need input. Just my thoughts.

MichelleRae
11-01-2004, 06:56 PM
okay 2 votes out of 3 possible so majority wins here is the list of who got who:

Crystal give to Leigh
Penny give to Kristin
Cindi give to Mel
Ginny give to Chris
Leigh give to Deana
Michelle give to Spryng
Geri give to Ricci
Jill give to Geri
Deana give to Crystal
Spryng give to Penny
Mel give to Cindi
Kristin give to Michelle
Chris give to Jill
Ricci give to Ginny

Okay thats the list only two people got drawn to give to the same person they were receiving from and that is Mel and Cindi :)

mamawithdreams
11-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Okay Michelle, can you give the rules once more? Is there a date to do this by? $ amount? Does that exclude shipping costs? Do you have a list of everyone's address or do we need to ask them? You know everything I'm sure you've stated and I just didn't catch.
Thanks

spryng
11-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Good evening all!

Michelle, I'm so excited about this gift swap!!! Ok, so now when do we do this?? Thanks so much for putting the names together, you're the best!

Crystal, I didn't think about teeth. I mean, SIL and her kids have strep right now so I guess I thought it might be that, but he isn't complaining of a sore throat or anything. So it's so hard for me to tell. But his fever has been down since nap time so maybe it's over? I hope so. And no, he doesnt run that high of a fever, ever, so it scared me a little but I knew it was so high because he wouldn't take any medicine and as soon as the motrin started working it brought it down right away. So glad your dh is in a better mood tonight.

Penny, loved all the pics!!! Someday I hope to go to las vegas, looks like fun. See any prostitutes?? I hear they are all over the place.

Ok, guess I will get off here. Dinner was good. It was a very hearty stew so it filled me up quick. OK, TTYL!

MichelleRae
11-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Okay rules again :)

1. If something comes up and you won't be able to provide a gift for your person please let me know so we can cover bases. It wouldn't be fair for one person to not receive a gift so if you can't do it, it is very important to let me know.

2. I would like to see that everyone receives their package by the 10th of December so please send them out a week before the 10th (the 3rd of December)

3. I would like to have a group friendship swap day...a day we can all post what we received from our swapper and ooo and ahhh and all that jazz. Preferably I would like to have this event on the 10th of december and perhaps we can all set a time to chat in the chat room at that time?....Let me know....

4. Okay I don't really want to set a limit because to me friendship has no limits :) but at the same time I don't want anyone feeling bad because they aren't able to spend as much money as the next person. So, that being said, the limit is minimum ten maximum 20 and that includes shipping. Does that sound fair to everyone?

5. I would like our gifts to reflect our friendship to one another so please if you don't have any clue as to what your person would like, ask them questions, get personal, get creative :)

6. Have fun with this! It isn't meant to be a burden but a fun thing amongst a group of friends.

Anyone want to make any amendments to the rules?

MichelleRae
11-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Oh yeah I have most everyones address in fact I think I have all of them so I will give out addresses when it gets close to time :)

sydsmom
11-01-2004, 08:10 PM
yippee!!! That sounds so fun !! I am so excited about the swap! who-hoo! The only thing that I could think of, is taking pics of what we got from the other person. I don't have a digital (maybe by then I will! :lol: ) but that would be nice! :)

Spryng - I hope its not strep, that is so tough for little ones, did you check his tonsils, inflammed? white spots? poor guy..hope he feels better! oh yes, forgot to tell you...TOM has FINALLY ARRIVED! JUst cross your fingers that it stays and everything gets back to normal :) :)

Michelle - So I noticed in your "picture" the other day that you were drinking a shake of some type...I was thinking that I would get you some of those for our exchange....what flavor is your favorite!?!?? :lol: :rofl: :lol3: I'm evil I know.....I am so excited...I have to go back and read about what you like so I can start coming up with some ideas! :)

Crystal - Glad that dh is over the tantrum.....men are babies some times! Hope you can stay on course with the house progress!

Penny - HI! :wave: Walcome back! I forgot you were on vacation! Glad that you had a great time! Pics were great!

Mel - your home looks so beautiful with all the fall leaves...those pictures of the children were priceless as well! :)

HI to the rest of you! sorry dh is calling and wanting to talk about some thing "important"......I will get back to the rest of you hopefully tonight, if not, tomorrow morning for sure! :)

mamawithdreams
11-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Okay, Michelle, the rules sound fine to me. I'm very, very limited on funds but I so badly wanted to participate because this forum and these ladies have been so awesome to me. I hope to be around for a long time to come. I'll do the best I can.
I'll try to catch Leigh when she's around and chat with her a bit. Thanks for doing all this for us and I know this will turn out to be a great 1st annual friendship swap between desperate housewives.
Spryng, I know that was a high fever but belive it or not, at least I believe, that kids run fever sometimes for almost no reason at all. At bubba's age I would very likely say teething especially those molars. I'm glad the fever is gone.
Hello to everyone else out there. We didn't get to do anything on the house today because it's too wet and they're calling for more showers tomorrow. After that it looks sunny and dry so we'll see. But the pour has been postponed and I'm not sure when. Possibly Saturday, or Friday if we don't get much tomorrow. But once the slab is down, the rest should go great even if it rains. It's just a trying experience. Dh and I are losing contact it seems. We are both so tired at the end of the day or else we stay up late talking about the house and plans and such. I'm hoping tonight we can spend some quality time together but we'll see.
I don't know if I'll be back later or not, so I may see you all in the morning.
TTYL

melmcc99
11-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Hey everyone. Friendship swap stuff sounds great!!!! Michelle, thanks so much for organizing it.

Penny, great pics.

Thanks to all for the nice pic's comments.

Gym was good. I was tired though. did a bit of shopping and visited my friend. I didn't get home till 8pm. Ughh. Tired and have to get Bugga to bed. He's too wound up still. TTy in the a.m.

sharqueen76
11-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Hello Ladies!!

Crystal~ Hubby and I will be married 6 years on Feburary 13th. My husband told me it bugs him when I act like I don't care and just let it go. I just don't like to say anything because I don't want to argue in front of the kids. My husband always apologizes. I've learned to just let him have his pity party and he'll come around. I'm glad he apologized!

Spryng~ Could your son be teething?? My son has been very miserable the last couple of days. He tries to eat and drink but cries after he takes a couple of bites and says he doesn't want it. He hasn't been running a temp though..He's been rubbing his ears alot but I don't think he could have an ear infection because he has tubes in his ears, can he?? He's 2 1/2. About the fevers, you need to make sure you keep it down..When my kids get a fever of 104 they go into seizures. I would keep giving him the meds until he has no fever at all..trust me a seizure is very scary..

Penny~ I'm glad you had a great time on your trip!! I loved the pics! I am a certified daycare provider. I do know the hymelic and CPR but when it's your child it's totally different. I don't know what comes over me, I just freeze and freak! I know I have to do it but initally panic takes over.

Deana1113
11-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Good Evening Ladies! :D

Cindi: WOW! WTG on the job! :dance: You're gonna do great! Good luck on clothes shopping. Any news on having to move? Maybe the landlord will change his mind!

Spryng: I wanted to go see a movie tonight, but they aren't going to be showing Ray for a couple weeks. I asked the lady who owns the theatre when we were trick-or-treating last night. So I did go to the grocery store for a few things after dh got up. Supper was frozen pizzas for everyone else and I had a Smart Ones meal. I am soooo short on cals today, I can have a snack in a few. I still have like 610 left for the day. But WI is tomorrow morning so I will take it easy and hope for a good WI. Glad Bubba's fever is down. I would check his tonsils for white spots although not everyone gets them. Only a strep culture would tell for sure. Sounds like you are sooo ready to go to work! You go girl!

Kristin: That is sooo nice to help your neighbors like that. Hope you got all your errands done today.

Roxy: Thank you for posting your kids' names and ages. You cracked me up with your analogy of a day in your house! :rofl: Yes I live in the country, on 2 acres about 3 miles outside of town. I hope I can get out soon too! I think I'm just feeling couped up and sorry for myself because I don't get much time by myself, just trips to town.

Jeniqua: How scary! Glad your son is okay now.

Penny: You are BEAUTIFUL babe! So glad you had a great time, even if you didn't win really big. And you met Rita Rudner, how cool is that? :D Thanks for the wtg, another WI tomorrow. Hope you have fun at Disney World! I know the kids will enjoy it. I went with my mom and brother when I was 16, so I'm sure it's changed alot since.

Crystal: Glad dh is in a better mood now. Make sure you get that quality time in tonight ;) .

Michelle: Thank you so much for all your organization for the swap. How will you be giving out addresses? email? The rules are all fine with me.

Mel: Hope you had fun with your friend and shopping. Whadya buy? Anything special? Glad you made it to the gym today. I get to check out Curves tomorrow wooohoooo! I can't wait.

Well not much going on here. Dh went to work and kids go back to school tomorrow...YEAH!!!! Andrew has a field trip to the zoo with his gifted class tomorrow then Wednesday I am walking to the library with Abby's preschool class, my excercise for the day. It's about 5 blocks each way and chasing after 13 three to five year olds....should count for something I guess. Will be going to vote tomorrow and check out Curves and maybe checking on tires for dh's truck.

TTYL

chrily
11-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Evening all,
Been busy busy busy today. I worked, and went shopping for groceries. I just got home and everything is put away. Time to relax.

How was last night for everyone? We were home by 8:30. Took the kiddies trick or treating and went to see our friends' house all decorated for halloween. They animated some ghosts and other ghouls, had fog machines in the ground and tons of creepy stuff. It looked really cool. But my kids just poop out fast. We were done trick or treating by 7 and went to my sister's MIL's house for apple bobbing, some donut game, and some pumpkin pie and hot apple cider.

Today I actually got up and exercised before I went to work. I was good for food today too. And to top it all off, I drank a ton of water.

Michelle-The rules are fine with me.

I'll get personal tomorrow. I just don't feel much like doing anything tonight. Kind of tired and not really feeling very good.

~chris

bobsgal
11-01-2004, 10:36 PM
Wow I have a lot to catch up on.You girls were chatty today. My Mondays are pretty busy between the kids and work so I don't have a lot of time for the computer. I have my second session with my trainer tomorrow afternoon. I've been doing very well on my water and food so far. I guess my weigh in day will be Friday as that was the day I weighed at the gym. I know that I'll see a loss. I'm too tired to reply to everyone right now, but I did want to welcome Penny back. Glad you had a great time. Hope to get to know you better. Talk to the rest of you girls tomorrow. Goodnight.
Steph

Chubba
11-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Good evening all :wave:

Michelle..thanks soooo much for putting the swap together. You're a wonderful friend to all of us :D .

Chris..congrats on the exercise this morning. It's the hardest thing for me to do...get up early to exercise! I'm trying very hard to do some when I get home on the days I work. That's tough too 'cause the kids want all my attention then.

Deana..good luck on the WI tomorrow. I KNOW you'll do great! Curves sounds like fun..hope you like it. As an AVON rep I get the month of December free. Don't know how much I'll get to use it if at all...just never enough time in the day and don't want to pay a sitter to watch the kids. I think Dh may let me sneak out a couple of times. Since we're probably buying that Expedition there's absolutely no extra money for a membership.

I test drove it today and fell in LOVE with it. We're getting an excellent trade in on our Explorer. We could probably sell it outright for more money...but we don't want to hassle with selling it ourselves. Find out the finance rate and other details tomorrow. I'm soooo excited :D .

Jeniqua...glad things worked out with your son. So, I'm not the only one that would panic in that situation :dizzy:

Mel, loved the pics...your neighborhood looks very cozy and friendly. The kids are beautiful too!

Penny..glad you had a good time. Loved the pics...how did you get to meet Ms Rudner??

Hi to Crystal, Kristin, Spryng, & Jill and all else out there. Need to get my beauty sleep...must work tomorrow.

BTW...down 1.5 this week. Finally moving back in the right direction! Hoping for another good week now. Thanks to you ladies for all your inspiration! (Spryng..I'm still calling you by your nick name..but now put a "size 6" in front of it....you know I love ya!!!)

TTYL!

mompen
11-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Hi Ladies! :)

I am just pooped! :faint:

I am so tired so I am gonna hit the sack but I just wanted to check in..
Have a good night

mompen
11-01-2004, 11:03 PM
PS I never did tell Michelle THANK YOU! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/mompen/angel1e.gif

For organizing the friendship swap. You are the best! Oh btw, a friend emailed me a thank you note for donating to the Night the Light for Allie .... I wanted to pass on a pic to you :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/mompen/allieangels.jpg

MichelleRae
11-02-2004, 12:28 AM
OMG Penny That just brought the happiest tears to my eyes!!! I love you girl!!! That is so awesome!!

Everyone is so very welcome, but I don't feel as if anyone should thank me! We are all friends and without any of you this wouldn't be possible :D I love you all :D

Crystal Now I understand that some people have financial strains especially this time of year. Now keep in mind that you don't have to spend a dime....if you are crafty and can knit or crochet or anything that you like to do then do that! Like I said the swap is meant to be fun but I don't want anyone to feel like it is going to place a burden on them :) If you need some help let me know and I'll do my best or maybe we can have some of us donate a few dollars to help those who are a little low on cash. Crystal email me if you want or send me a PM. I'm here for ya :D

Sounds like everyone had a good day! I'm glad!! Well I'm gonna go back to sleep I just woke up for a few minutes lol Ive been asleep since 7 pm wow thats early for me!

TTYL!!
Love to all!
Michelle

mompen
11-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Gonna start a new thread #284