South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 03:05 PM   #1  
Delicate Flower

Default Bill on SBD?

Did anyone else see Hillary Clinton on "Good Morning America"? She blames the SBD for Bill's heart condition. She said though, that he was eating cheeseburgers every day for lunch. That sounds more like Atkin's to me. I had first heard that his heart problem was congenital, so I didn't know what to think about the GMA spot.

SoCalMinew
Old 10-30-2004, 03:25 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

What a couple of TWITS!!
Gee, is it possible he's been eating badly for more than just a year or so?
Old 10-30-2004, 03:54 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm sure he was on Atkins. Anyhow, Hilary always has some excuse. Maybe it's a right-wing conspiracy - or is it left-wing?
This is not a political comment!
Old 10-30-2004, 09:00 PM   #4  
Delicate Flower

Lightbulb Light Bulb Moment

I think it was Atkins too. It occured to me later that she (Hillary) may be angry about his heart condition and is looking for someone to blame. That's a pretty human thing to do.
You are right though, he had been eating bad for a very long time and that has to be the problem. A lot of that is heredity too.
Thanks for letting me be scared there for a minute!

SCMinew
Old 10-31-2004, 12:35 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Well I had heard reports in the past that he was on SBD and they were singing it's praises but as always if something goes wrong they point the finger anywhere but where it should be which is at themselves!
Old 10-31-2004, 01:44 AM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Correct me if I'm wrong but cheeseburgers aren't on allowed on Atkins either, unless they're wrapped lettuce or something.

Here's a clip from a CNN article:

Clinton, 58, has been in good health with no known history of heart problems.

A medical report in January of 2001 showed he had an above-normal cholesterol level and borderline high blood pressure.

During his presidency, Clinton had a reputation for eating fast-food meals.

"Some of this is genetic, and I may have done some damage in those years when I was too careless about what I ate," Clinton said Friday night. "So for whatever reason, I've got a problem, and I've got a chance to deal with it."

Since leaving office, Clinton has lost weight, and he told talk show host Oprah Winfrey that he had gone on The South Beach Diet.

Sunday, Clinton delivered what was described as an energetic and forceful speech at the historic Riverside Church in Manhattan.

Clinton was on the campaign trail Monday in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, stumping for Rep. Joe Hoeffel, the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate running against incumbent Arlen Specter. (Special report: America Votes 2004, Pennsylvania's races)

And Wednesday, Clinton attended a book signing in New Orleans, Louisiana.

During that appearance, Clinton was asked about his weight loss after leaving office.

"I work out a lot, and I went on The South Beach Diet for a while, that helped, but the combination -- I have a wonderful man that comes in two or three times a week and we work out," he said.

"You know when you get older you really got to watch it. It gets harder. The older I get, the harder it is [to watch my weig
ht]."
Old 10-31-2004, 09:07 AM   #7  

Didn't it say recently in The National Enquirer that he'd suffered somewhat in brain capacity because of his surgery? I'm sure that's what it is. We can't all afford to take a dip in IQ.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:20 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

How does that explain Hillary, Ellis?

I know...it's a bit hypocritical, but honestly, I enjoyed Bill as a president, but really dislike Hillary. Immensely!

Anyways, it's not as if she's helping. Our region is well known for great Italian food (where there are definitely lower fat choices), but when Hillary and Bill came to campaign for her sentatorial seat, they ate at a local soul food restaurant, known for their fried chicken and greasy hush puppies!

I hate it when uninformed people bash SBD!
Old 11-01-2004, 12:59 PM   #9  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ummmm...this is the guy that used to go jogging with his secret service men in tow and stop halfway through his run at McDonalds to pick up a burger....perhaps his previous lifestyle had something to do with it?
Old 11-01-2004, 05:01 PM   #10  
Delicate Flower

I remember the reports of his jogging and stopping at McDs too. He had to have done a lot of damage back then and who knows how long he'd been eating that way. If he even did South Beach, he probably didn't do it long enough to undo the damage he'd already done.
That reminds me, has anyone seen that "Supersize Me" movie about the fellow who ate at nothing but fast food restaurants?

Teri
Old 11-01-2004, 05:50 PM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Chickies, chickies,

Hilary is just MAAAAAAAD that ole Bill didn't kick the bucket with the heart condition. That man has put her through the wringer. I would be a sour puss too if he was my husband.

South Beach Diet (if done correctly) is the healthiest diet I've ever been on in my life. My doctor recommended it for me.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:13 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Super Size Me was amazing...I really appreciated seeing what happened to his body...told me what I had been doing for years!
Old 11-02-2004, 01:25 PM   #13  
Delicate Flower

Talking

I want to see Super Size Me, beachgirl. Is it out on video yet?

anchor weight, you cracked me up! If he was my husband, I would have been in complete control of his diet. "Another cheeseburger, darling? A glass of cream, perhaps?"

Teri
Old 11-02-2004, 02:21 PM   #14  
I can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMinew
"Another cheeseburger, darling? A glass of cream, perhaps?"
Teri

You are cracking me up, girl!

Super size me is out on video. That's how I saw it. We got it at Hollywood Video. Definitely a must see!
Old 11-02-2004, 03:30 PM   #15  

mmmm... I saw SuperSize Me at the theatre. Very good. Unfortunately, it hasn't stopped me from still occasionally pulling through the drive-through.
Closed Thread