Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 05:14 PM   #1  

Angry Frustration Station

Okay,
I started back at weight watchers the same time a friend of mine started the south beach diet which I "poo-pooed" as being just another low-carb fad diet.
Well, months roll past and I've lost 8 pounds she's lost close to 18 and says she's lost her cravings for sweets ( I was over points because of chocolate chip cookies )

To make a long story short, I feel like I've wasted my time and money and and going to Borders after work to buy a copy of this book for myself!!

Mel
Old 10-29-2004, 05:39 PM   #2  
i luv my dog!

Hi Mel, I used to think of SBD as just another diet fad too, but that was my loss of valuable time for not doing any personal research into the plan. With all the media hype about every new diet I just filed it away mentally as 'another book'. That was until I met a friend who lost 65 pounds within several months. She mostly did this for health reasons, but also wanted to lose LBs, too. She explained the strategy to me and I was very interested. (I tried WW in the past and didn't like the $$ or the constant counting of points and thinking of food.)

SB is not a low carb diet, its a good carb diet. I didn't have problems with sugar and sweets like so many, but have heard wonders about how it breaks the addiction. If you eat a lot of sweets then Phase 1 will be tough but, but really worth it. You must not cheat on P. 1 or you won't see the average results of 8 - 13 pounds gone after two weeks. Once you're finished you move to Ph. 2. Its really the simplest, most common sense WOE approach I've encountered and IT WORKS.

Glad you found us and welcome to the beach.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:32 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Mel, welcome to South Beach!
There are so many women here who have done well on this program. Two of our many "stars" are Peggy (what the heck is your nickname... ah! sweet tooth!!) and Laurie (beachgal).
This is a great life-style change if you put your back into it.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:41 PM   #4  

Hi Mel,
Again, I thought the same thing Last January 1 when most of the people in my office started this. Jan 12 I started it as I was watching all of them lose amazing amounts of weight in two weeks. Well, here we are almost 11 months later and I'm the only one doing this lifestyle. So many people come to me and tell me that "I'm an inspiration"...well...since I don't think I have weighed this little since um, I was 6 months old, then I guess I"m an inspiration to myself!
When it truely feels like your way of life, then it's a good thing...hang in there, don't cheat in phase one and enjoy you're new life as it unfolds before your eyes!!
Closed Thread