Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 12:12 AM   #1  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Thumbs down

Hi guys,
A few of you Thinsters were asking about starting a Memorial Day Challenge so here one is.

There are 27 more days till Memorial Day so I have started a thread to help us on our way.

I would like to lose 5 lbs by than. I can't make it a big loss because than I would set myself up for failure. I also pledge to really stick to my WW program and that includes following my program, journaling, drinking my water and exercising 3-5 times a week.

Come on guys, join in and post and let us all know what you pledge to do by Memorial Day. :LOL:

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 05-02-2001, 08:26 PM   #2  

Hi!

I responded to Jo's challenge on April 27 and set an additional 8 lbs. as my goal. I'll try to lose at least that amount by Memorial Day. I've been keeping a food journal and counting points since April 9 and plan to continue.

Trish
Old 05-03-2001, 10:10 AM   #3  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

I set a goal on Jo's challenge too. 6 lbs and I have 1 down since then and 5 to go. . .
Come on everyone let's hear your goals

Gina
Old 05-03-2001, 11:54 PM   #4  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Me too .....

Well, I will try for 5 lbs, also try to get in more walking. 5 lbs is really reaching according to my slow losing record, but I'll try .... Actually, even 2 lbs would be great (I'll get my 10 lb ribbon)!!!

I have been journaling faithfully since I joined WW the end of January so of course, I will continue to do that every day!

We should all check back periodically on how we are doing with our challenge....

Love, Cj
Old 05-05-2001, 10:36 PM   #5  
MK

OKAY, count me in. I WILL lose 5 lbs by Memorial Day. I will try and do my cardio glide everyday for at least 5 min. Good Luck everyone. Mary Kay
Old 05-07-2001, 08:19 PM   #6  

It's three weeks until Memorial Day, and so far I've lost 3 lbs. That leaves only 5 more lbs. Maybe I can surpass my goal!

Trish
Old 05-12-2001, 06:09 PM   #7  

Default Doing good so far!

Hi guys,
Lost 2.8 lbs at my Weight Watcher meeting. So now am getting close. Hope to lose some more next Monday to help me along my way.

Trish-Good going with that 3 lb loss. Way to go!

Mary Kay-How is it going on the Cardio Glide? Hope great!

CJ-I don't need to ask how your walking is going cause I know you are a WALKING FOOL right? RIGHT! LOL Keep it up girl!

ginabob-That is great that you got a pound of it off. You will get there!

Trish-It is nice that you are journaling what you eat. I always have trouble with that, but I am trying to correct that.

We are getting there guys! WE CAN DO THIS

Sassy Sharon
Old 05-14-2001, 08:21 PM   #8  

Hi!

Another week has gone by, and my total for the challenge is 4 1/2 lbs., and a total of 10 1/2 since starting on April 9. My goal was an additonal 8 lbs by Memorial Day. so I have 3 1/2 left to lose in the next two weeks. I think I can do it!

Sharon, 2.8, nice job!

MK, Gina, CJ, and Jo, post youir progress!

Trish
Old 05-15-2001, 04:33 PM   #9  
Long Lost Chickie

Oh boy am I embarrassed! I guess I was the one who first suggested this Memorial Day challenge and then I keep forgetting to post here. OK, so I don't remember where I was when I started this but I guess I can join in now?? Better late than never?

It's May 15 so that makes it just a little less than 2 weeks till Memorial Day. (Yikes!) I'm hoping to do well both weeks' weigh-in's so I'm going to say I'll lose another 4 lbs. by then. That'll tuck me safely (???) into the 160's finally at long last. Hopefully, I'll stay there or rather go down from there!!

We'll see.
Jo.
Old 05-16-2001, 12:11 AM   #10  
MK

I have lost 4lbs. I have one more to go to hit my goal of 5lbs. I am also going to try to lose one or two more lbs. That will put me below 250 by three lbs. That will be the first time in ages for that to happen. I hope that will get me really going. The cardio glide I am still trying to do. I will have to push myself so it can help me get to my goal. I CAN make it!

Mary Kay
Old 05-23-2001, 02:02 PM   #11  

Default YAAA I DID IT!

Hi Thinsters,
Well I made my goal. I made a goal of 5 lbs. I lost 6.6 lbs. I have lost every week. First 2.8 lbs than another 2.6 lbs and this past Monday I lost another 1.2 lbs making it a total of 6.6 lbs which I am happy for. So I had lost the weight I put on in April visiting my daughter Tracy and going to Michigan for the sentencing, which was 5.6 lbs so I if I look at it than way I got off that weight again PLUS another 1 lb so thank goodness. I am happy!

Mary Kay-Good for you just one more pound to go! YOU CAN DO IT MK!

Jello-Good luck Jo, YOU GO JO!

Trish-How you doing? I'll bet you made it!

Gina-Post and let us know how you are faring too.

Take care and hope everyone makes it. We also need after this to start a 4th of July challenge as well. We have quite a bit of time before that. So anyone can start it, but just wait till Memorial Day is over than GO AHEAD!

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 05-23-2001, 08:39 PM   #12  

Hi!

I'm happy to say I made my goal of 8 lbs. by Memorial Day and a total of 14 lbs. overall. I'm off on vacation tomorrow to Ireland for ten days. Let's hope I don't gain too much back!

Sharon, congratulations on reaching your goal too! Nice job!

How are the rest of you doing?

Trish
Closed Thread