Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-29-2004, 01:06 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Hi

Every now and then I pop in and read your threads So I was wondering if I could join in every now and then
My Name is Kierie (its a lifetime nickname) I'm 28 and a newlywed I have battled depression since i was 9
Most people think I'm really outgoing and funny and the one I hate "you're always happy" at this point I want to tell people to pucker up to my posterior
I learned to eat away pain, which also translates to other quick fixes like shopping or sex (sorry if it's TMI) I was on Paxil for about a year and while it helped my depression and anxiety it also made me crazy and heavier one minute i'd be ok and the next TOONSVILLE
I don't have insurance right now b/c DH's company are CHEAP SOB and want $600 a month for insurance
On another lovely note my menstrual cycle (this really is Totally TMI post sorry!) is all screwed up so I'm constantly on a hormone roller coaster
I'm going to planned parenthood on Saturday to try a different prescription to control it and hopefully not make me nuts or fat
I constantly feel like I'm in a black hole and while DH wants to help he doesn't really have the tools to do it
he had clinical depression himself and is on meds
OH lol I forgot to mention I have a disability (that I'm fine with) but our apartment building is inaccessible (that I'm not fine with) So I can never get out by myself
I'm constantly at someone elses mercy and I HATE IT.
I don't think I've had a day without tears in the last week and a half
I'm totally out of control I want my independence back before I go crazy
Anyway thanks for the ears/eyes
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:46 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kierie, welcome to this board !!

We would LOVE for you to join in. You really don't need an invitation, everyone is welcomed here. I know alot of folks suffer w/depression and are afraid and/or ashamed to talk about it. I find it really helps when you can talk to some one who understands or will just listen to you.

Congratulation on your new marriage

I'm looking forward to seeing you on the daily.

HUGS !!!!!

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote