South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 01:02 AM   #1  

Default Moving into Phase 2 - any hints?

Hi Chickies!

We have almost finished our two weeks of Phase 1, but think that we will keep up another week of it - until I leave for Cambodia. I am a bit concerned about making choices while away, apartentlt almost every meal has rice or noodles, even breakfast. No cheese or nuts. Heaps of fruit - high GI stuff. Hopefully the exercise will counteract it!

My weight loss has been solid but not spectacular and I realised today that my snacking is pretty bad. I am just grabbing handfuls of peanuts at a time and am eating fairly unconsciously - its only when I went to look in the pantry for shopping that I noticed how bad I had been... I would say that I do that around 4-5 times per day.. so i will need to keep an eye out. I think it is mostly habit, because I dont feel that hungry in between meals..rather I think I should be like before.. does that make sense?

We have the book and is it best to follow the first few weeks of Phase 2 meal planners that have been set? Or have there been big changes since the book was published?

Are there any rules for Phase 2 that we should follow? Any help that you can give to assist with transitioning into this phase would be lovely!

Thanks in advance.
Marianna
Old 10-29-2004, 03:16 AM   #2  

I would take the transition slowly. Maybe add in one new item a day the first week, see how the scale is going and then add another the next week. I believe I added in a ww tortilla or a serving of the triscuit crisps each day my first week. These items made lunch so much easier for me. I would just make a few cans worth of tuna salad and eat on crackers or make a wrap. Then the next week you might want to add a fruit or some cereal for breakfast. Maybe take the hardest meal a day for you and make that the one you add a phase 2 food to first. Everyone is different and some people can add lots and still lose. For me I find 2 servings a day the max my body can handle.
Good Luck!
Old 10-29-2004, 03:22 AM   #3  

Me again...
Get rid of those nuts if they are too tempting for you. I find the small amount for a serving is rarely enough to satisfy me. Maybe once a week as a treat I will add about 15 semi-swet morsals to a serving of nuts in a baggie and have a sort of trail mix.
Can you pack any food for this trip and how long will you be gone? It will be tough no doubt but you may be able to find a way to make it work. Maybe you can pack a box or 2 of uncle sam's cereal if you think they will have milk. Or maybe a few boxes of those yummy triscuit crisps. Maybe some of those tuna kits (but you will have to forego the relish in them as I think it is sweet), or I think they have chicken salad ones out. If you could find a place to grab some packets of mayo to pack that would be great.
Closed Thread