100 lb. Club - The Winter Solstice Challenge

View Full Version : The Winter Solstice Challenge

Sheila53
10-29-2004, 12:26 AM
The winter solstice marks the shortest day of the year, and means just 6 months before bikini season arrives. While you'll never, ever catch me in a bikini, I'd certainly like to be at goal by the time summer arrives. How about you? Now is the perfect time to start getting on the stick and making those goals that will put us in good shape for summer.

Choose a measurement goal, a weight goal, a clothes size goal, or whatever goal you'd like to make by December 21. This challenge encompasses a major American holiday, Thanksgiving, and for those of us who celebrate Christmas, December is the season for holiday parties. So be sure to plan for those as you make your goals.

My goal: I would like to be able to wear my size 10 jeans in public by December 21.

SwimGirl
10-29-2004, 12:32 AM
I've been planning and working at losing a total of 20 pounds by Dec 4th (major christmas party), so far I'm down 5 pounds. But I'd like to keep that going! I believe it would take me down to a size 16, which would also increase my wardrobe (I have a huge huge box of size 14-16 clothes, not to mention a HUGER box of size 8-10 clothes). I'm thinking I might have to low carb it (I have issues with sugar and wheat) to make that goal, because I just can't with eating so many carbs. IBS is a pain. Anyways, to recap, my goal is to lose 15 pounds by Dec 4th!

-Aimee

Jillegal
10-29-2004, 12:45 AM
I'M IN, I'M IN! The REAL Thanksgiving was a few weeks ago :devil:, so I just have all the "festive parties" (as the PC call them) to fret about. I'll never wear a bikini again either, and I don't want to be overly ambitious only to disappoint myself, so my goal will be to lose one pound each and every week from now to December 21, 2004 (someone please do the math and let me know how much I will be losing?). There, I've commited to it. :smug: I guess I'd better sign up for the November points challenge too. May as well be accountable to as many as possible. :lol: So, the challenge commences as of....now?

As for goal, I want it by March 10 (the day I leave for Russia) - so after this current challenge I might start a "Russian to lose with Jill" challenge. :D

howie6267
10-29-2004, 01:46 AM
The real Thanksgiving is coming up :devil: and I was thinking we should have a challange to get us through the holidays. So I'm in. My new goal is to be 325 by New Years day. So I guess for the 21st I'll go for 21 lbs.

seashell
10-29-2004, 07:47 AM
You beat me to it! I started a Turkey Challange last night, but the computer crashed before I could post it.

Here's my goals

1) lose 12 pounds by thanksgiving
2) lose 10 by Dec. 21
3) get the momentum back in exercising. Since the cold set in, I am having a hard time staying motivated. I didn't walk today. It was so much easier to snuggle under the blankies.

Thanksgiving Challange Slogan? To Gobble, or not to Gobble, that is the question!

seashell
10-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Hey Howie,

Love the new pic! You're looking younger and younger!

Safora
10-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Im going for a 15 lb loss by the 21st. I am so bad around the holidays and this year on top of it we are moving so Im sure the added stress will do nothing for my waistline. So I definately need this challange. Soooo My goal is to be 290 by 12/21. Hey Ill be out of the 3's forever!

djs06
10-29-2004, 10:46 AM
I'm going to go for 205, although onderland would be quite nice, I'm going to go for that ultimately, but 205 would be fabulous.

tolose85
10-29-2004, 11:09 AM
I would LOVE to be at ultimate goal of 130. I gained a little (5 lbs more/less) so I've got a good 22 lbs or so to go to ultimate goal. I'm Definitely in!

I've got to get back into the groove here.. I am definitely in a lull right now!

howie6267
10-29-2004, 11:25 AM
I've been wondering how you were doing Gretchen. You have not been around much lately. Don't let the small set back get to you. You will wipe that out in no time. You have done fantastic and will continue.

Shelly someone else told me yesterday that I was looking younger. That will really burn Kimberley. Everyone has always guessed me younger than her. We are both 37.

lessofsarahtolove
10-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Count me in! And I LOVE the idea of a Winter Solstice Challenge, Sheila! Thanks for starting it!

As of today, I'm 213, so I'm aiming for 199 -- yep, Onederland! :hyper:

Andria
10-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Ok, I'm in too. I'm going to go with a goal of 20 pounds by December 21. A little extra motivation to get me through the holidays is exactly what I need. Great idea.

310/289/165

barbygirl43
10-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Since I've been plateauing and gaining some I'd like to lose 10 pounds or so and get down to 250.

lessofsarahtolove
10-29-2004, 04:11 PM
Oh yeah, and Jill, you're losing 7-8 pounds. Congratulations in advance! ;)

teapotdynamo
10-29-2004, 07:41 PM
OK, I want in, too. My first goal is a weight one. By December 21, I would like to be at 210, for a loss of 15 pounds, 55 overall. That will require hopping off my current plateau for starters, but I am pretty sure I can make 210. Of course, I would prefer to be at Onederland by the end of the year but don't want to set myself up for failure, especially given the holidays.

My second goal is a less tangible one related to the holidays. Christmas is not much of a challenge for me, since hubby and I only lightly celebrate it, but Thanksgiving is ALL ABOUT THE FOOD for my family. My goals, therefore, are to a) keep the eating sensible and 2) keep up my exercise while I'm home. I'd love to get my mom walking with me; she's pretty sedentary, and I think a little exercise would help her both physically and emotionally.

Thanks for getting this challenge up and running. We're off...!

SkinnyBoPeep
10-29-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm in for 20 pounds! Good idea, Sheila! I already have a standing goal of 240 by my birthday (12/27), but two goals are better than one...

jkfla
10-30-2004, 12:04 AM
all i want is to be at or below my first 10% which is 245. if i make it to pre pregnancy weight of 242 (with my daughter) that will be even greater!

missaprylj
10-30-2004, 01:34 AM
I took measurments the other day, and it would be cool to get the waist one to change a little bit.

Small, but satisfying. :)

Also, to keep myself working out regularly.

glynne
10-30-2004, 04:05 PM
I've never done one of the challenge things before ~ I'm not good at knowing how to choose a goal weight and what is a reasonable time to do it in. I mess it up and end up feeling like I've failed one more time. So, my challenge to myself is a less tangible one. I want to make it through the hollidays ~ participate in the different celebrations that happen ~ eat keeping mindful of portion sizes, and not have a binge because of it. Participate and get right back on track.

lessofsarahtolove
10-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Glynne, that sounds like a great goal! And I know you can do it! :)

Annie-Rose
10-31-2004, 01:39 PM
Well I've been reading your challenges and have been well and truly motivated to participate!!!!! Go for it - that's what I say!!!

I'm joining the 14 pounds theme and going for being 184 by 21st!!!! Father Christmas won't recognise me, so I may go to bed on Christmas Eve with a few pillows stuffed up my pajamas just in case!
:hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: Here's to the best challenge achievement so far!

mezmerize
10-31-2004, 06:04 PM
My goal is to stay with in my WW points (24) and to do upper body workouts til my knee is better. I would like to lose 10 lbs. I hope for more but I'm not sure what I can do since my knee is out. I'm hoping that with the upper body workout and diet I can lose 10.
Mez

Amanda Panda
10-31-2004, 06:42 PM
I've also never done a 100lb club challenge before - but I'm in! I need a kick up the butt because i have done the math and worked out that I need to lose 7lb every month for the next 17 months, if I want to be 140lb by March 2006 - which is when i am getting married (or thereabouts).

I will aim to lose 14lb (1 stone), which is just about right to keep to my monthly goals.

Love Amanda x

dharmaspell
10-31-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm going for the minimum goal of one pound per week. I'm working on my achilles heel of abandoning the sweet taste of sugar. My real goal is to have a sugar free diet by Dec. 21. But I want to be at 325 by then as well.

Jillegal
10-31-2004, 11:34 PM
Alright - so far, so good. For one thing, I made it through Halloween unscathed. The secret was to find "shell-outs" that I'd have no desire to dip into between visits from the li'l monsters. It was a difficult task at first, as anything of a chocolate nature was out (ditto chips, cheesies and the like). I was almost at my wit's end and considered handing out sardines when I remembered an intense dislike for "sours" and "gummies". And so my treat basket was filled with packets of "Cherry Blasters", "Gummi Bears" and "Sour Worms". Whew.....close call. :D

Making it through a weekend is a big deal for me. Weekdays are a breeze - I'm into a good routine food and exercise-wise and usually lose my safe Weight Watchers 1-2 lbs. a week, only to gain it back over my unstructured weekends. I think I've lost and gained the same single pound every week since June, which, in a yo-yoish way, is a warped form of maintenance, I guess. However, seeing as I'm 25lbs. from goal, its not an ideal situation. I just know if I can string together a few good weekends (like I did for two years for heaven's sake) it'll all be good. Challenge indeed - bring it on!! :smug:

SkinnyBoPeep
11-01-2004, 12:23 AM
For one thing, I made it through Halloween unscathed.
Me too! :) I was dumb enough to buy chocolate for the kids this year, but didn't eat any of it. That's huge for me!!! In my past life, I could polish of a bag of Halloween candy before I acknowledged what I was doing (it didn't even have to be Halloween :ink: )... I'm down 1.5 pounds for my 20 pound challenge-- that's the upside of starting a challenge while teetering on the back edge of a plateau. But I'll take it any way I can get it!

Best of luck to everyone on your chosen goals. I have learned so much from all of you. Thank you for the inspiration! Your successes make me want to be successful too!

bella23
11-01-2004, 12:56 AM
I'm in on this one as well. The october challange is the first that I have made it through so I need the extra motivation to get me through the holidays.

Ok my goal is to loose 15lbs by Dec. 21

Good luck all!

Goddess Jessica
11-01-2004, 01:56 AM
Can I tell you how much I love that we called it Solstice Challenge? Not that I'm super PC or anything - but Christmas brings up a world of grumpiness for me (I have trouble with this holiday, Bah humbug). (I'm sure I could dig up my rant on the winter holidays from last year...)

By Solstice, I'd like to be 235. That's a lot for me but I'm really got gusto this month and I'm hoping it will carry all the way until... May. :)

lessofsarahtolove
11-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Can I tell you how much I love that we called it Solstice Challenge?
Amen! I think it's WONDERFUL!! Thank you again, Sheila!

By Solstice, I'd like to be 235. That's a lot for me but I'm really got gusto this month and I'm hoping it will carry all the way until... May. :)
Jessica, it's ambitious but doable, with great focus and singlemindedness of purpose. :s: I'm here for you, babe, if you need any support at all. Just name it! Go, YOU! :hyper:

Amanda Panda
11-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Well I had a successful first day back on track - I've stuck to my daily menu plan and went swimming for the first time in a month, so I'm pleased with that.

Love Amanda x

vivian10
11-01-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm game for the challenge. I would like to lose an ambitious 30 pounds by the 21st.

V

lessofsarahtolove
11-01-2004, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the challenge, Vivian! 30 pounds in 50 days?? Wow, that's 4.2 pounds per week.....at the risk of TOTALLY overstepping my bounds, I feel like saying that I'm fearing a teensy bit for your muscle tissue! When you lose weight that quickly, you run the risk of losing a lot of lean muscle, and that not only makes you look flabbier while still being lighter on the scale, it also slows down your metabolism. I'm so sorry to jump on you.... :^: I mean well, I really, really do. Just want to help. :)

Whatever you decide I'll cheer you on though! :cp: Again, BIGtime congratulations on the 18 pounds you lost during your first month! You go, girl!

barbygirl43
11-01-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm going to also add for my solstice goal to do 85 miles from now until then (I'm shooting for 50 miles in November)

lessofsarahtolove
11-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the concern Sarah. Feel free to jump away...I love your personality on here as I read the threads. Yes...I know 30 is a stretch, but I will be working out 2x a day to hopefully avoid muscle loss. I am at 290 now and can drop to the 70's quite easily as I tend to hover at that weight, so the last 12 pounds will be the more substantive weight.
Gotcha. You go, knowing your body and putting a plan in place. :yes: And you even love my personality?? Well, I think you're a FABULOUS addition to the group, yes indeed! :lol:

Seriously, I'm glad you're aware of what is achievable and why -- sounds like you're well along the way on your learning curve, Ms. Vivian.

And AGAIN, seriously, you're a great addition to our group. :goodvibes

Jillegal
11-09-2004, 04:04 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I awoke to snow this morning. :( Seems like an ideal time for a winter solstice challenge update. How's everyone doing?

howie6267
11-09-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm doing good over all. I had some miner set backs this past weekend but I'm right back on track for 328 by the 21st.

Annie-Rose
11-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Excellent news Howie!
Well I'm 1 down and 13 to go!

Amanda Panda
11-09-2004, 03:53 PM
I've had a couple of wobbly days foodwise (PMS :rollpin: :rollpin: :rollpin: ) - but I did go swimming 4 times last week, cycled once and went for 2 walks. So it could have been better, but it could have been MUCH worse also!

Love Amanda x

barbygirl43
11-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Down 4.5...only 9 more to go. Looks like I'll finally meet one of these challenges :D

Annie-Rose
11-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Great Dawnyal!

Sheila53
11-09-2004, 05:48 PM
That horrible four letter word--snow! I'm glad that I now live where I seldom wake up to snow.

I tried my sz. 10 jeans on the other day, and they were fitting better, but still tighter than I like. I also tried on the pair of sz. 10 shorts I bought at the Gap for $6 and they're actually pretty comfortable right now. They're lime green, however, and very short, and I'd never wear them in public, ever--got 'em just for the size check. Anyway, if things go well (i.e., if I make the right choices), I will wear those jeans when I go to the airport to pick my DD and her DH up on Dec. 21.

Jillegal
11-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Lime green short shorts?? I'd still say you spent about $5.99 too much, Sheila! :p Seriously though, great job so far on the size 10 jeans - I bet they'll be positively loose by the time you drive to the airport!

Good job everyone else too; we do seem to be a motivated bunch! I'm moving along nicely, as evidenced by my ticker (I love those things) and trying to think good thoughts about winter cold and snow - such as burning calories shovelling the driveway, all my wonderfully comforting veggie stew recipes, skating on frozen ponds, Carnation's Lite Hot Chocolate and ... its no use, winter can go to :devil:!!

P.S. - Sheila, the new pic of your granddaughter is lovely!

SkinnyBoPeep
11-10-2004, 12:17 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm 6 pounds down so far for the challenge!!! :cb: Woo Hoo!!

Tammy32
11-10-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm glad this was brought back up. I'm a little late getting in. I'm looking for a 12 pound loss by Dec. 21. That is roughly 2 lbs per week. Easily attainable. Recently I went down to a size 16 jeans. I was overjoyed. I would say I was in a size 22 when I started this. I have a friend who has lost a great deal of weight also and I am a few pounds below her now and she is in a size 12-14 jean. Darn baby belly. The more weight I lose the flabbier it gets. I'm not sure that I can get that skin back to the way it was before I had babies. I know I should not dwell on that but it looks really gross and I hate it. Good luck you all with the challenge. Alot of you are well on your way to meeting your goals.

lessofsarahtolove
11-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Welcome to the challenge, Tammy! Did I MENTION how happy I was that you're back?? Oh, I did? :lol:

Sheila, sorry, but I've got to say that I'm with Jill on the lime green shorts thing....although I'm sure they come as close as they possibly can to looking lovely on you. (How's that for a repair?) Honestly, congrat's on the size 10! :cp:

As for me, I'm down another 2 to 210. So with 11 pounds to lose in 5 1/2 weeks, I think I'll make it. 2 pounds/week is achievable as long as I don't overdo it over the Thanksgiving holiday. I'd say I'm right on track. :)

SPOILDWoman
11-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Hey! I'm new but is it ok if I join this? I love challenges! Let's see, in 6 weeks I want to lose 18 pounds. That's about 3 pounds per week, but I'm just starting so it should be doable. That will also put me about right to fit into this fabulous pantsuit I bought without trying on and can't quite wear. Well I could but someone would get hurt when the buttons popped off flying at the speed of sound. So my goal is to lose 18 pounds and fit into my fabulous pantsuit!
Carol

lessofsarahtolove
11-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Here's to Carol losing 18 pounds and fitting into her fabulous new pantsuit! :cb:

lessofsarahtolove
12-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Just wanted to pull this back up to the top as a reminder that December 21st will soon be upon us, and to see if anyone else wanted to check in on their progress towards goal.

I'm not sure if I'm going to make my goal of 199 (ahhhh, behold wondrous Onederland... :love: ) -- today, 12/6, I weigh 207, so 8 pounds in 15 days is pretty darned aggressive. But heck if I'm not going for it. The closer I get, the happier I'll be. I'm sure I'll be in Onederland going into the new year, but I REALLY want to make this Winter Solstice goal!!

I'll update you guys again in a week.......hopefully I'll have some good news!!

And how's everyone else doing?

Jillegal
12-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Slowly but surely, I'm getting there (tomorrow is weigh-in and I've been pristine, so hopefully the scale will co-operate). I'm going to swallow my disappointment at not winning the November points challenge :lol: and shall anticipate instead savouring success at the Winter Solstice Challenge :smug:

Next?

barbygirl43
12-06-2004, 03:05 PM
With my loss this week, it puts me closer but unless I lose 4.25 pounds each of the next two weeks I won't make it. I'm not too discouraged though because I think I've finally found a plan that is doable for me and I'm seeing results. Next week will be the test to see if I gain or not. :)

Tammy32
12-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Well, I have only lost 1 pound. Starting strength training has slowed my weight loss down to little of nothing. I set a goal of 12 pounds, so I am really doubting I will even come close. I won't be bummed, I won't be bummed, I won't be bummed....but darn it, it's hard.

lessofsarahtolove
12-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Tammy, I understand completely what you're going through. I'm not weight-training currently as much as I was previously, but I know from personal experience that the resistance training initially slows your loss to a huge degree. Longterm, it's awesome, but there is definitely a period of transition. Are you doing any cardio at all? I'm reading consistently that a combination of the two is ideal, with the doing of one or the other exclusively not recommended for long-term weight loss. The cardio/resistance combo is by far the best for increasing your metabolism.

Why don't you change your goal now to one more related to inches? Or perhaps to something weight-training related? Like maybe rep's or weight lifted? Or consecutive number of weights workouts achieved? I really believe that you should make this goal something achievable and in keeping with your CURRENT goals....what do you think?? It sure can't feel very motivating to have a goal looming over you that you know you're not going to meet.....your goals have changed since making that last commitment to yourself, so I think the goal should change in response to your new focus and elected means to the same end.

Sending you love, you weight-lifting badass! :lol: :grouphug:

mezmerize
12-06-2004, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure what my goal weight is I had added fluff from Halloween and from not being able to workout I was at 224 and now I'm anywhere from 217 - 215. depending on the day. It's so weird my scale won't make up it's mind. I'm going to say I'd like to be 210. I hope no one minds me doing this.

howie6267
12-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Well as off last week I was right on track. However after this weekend I will have to see what the scales say Friday. I have 7 lbs to go to meet my goal and 2 weeks to do it so it's not going good plus I may have a gain this week. I went off plan Friday which was not planed and then Saturday also which was planed.

Tammy32
12-07-2004, 12:13 PM
Sarah, yep, I am doing cardio almost everyday. I have one of those body types that is very receptive to weight training. I'll have to watch it after awhile because I will start to bulk up and I really just want to have a bit of definition. I think I will give this at least another month and if I don't see any loss by the end of that I am going to tweak the weights some. For the moment I don't feel like I am overdoing it with the resistance training. I think only time will tell with that though. I've not been doing it long enough yet to make any projections. The trainer says that I need this. That weight training highers the metabolism for up to two days after the workout. He says that cardio is great but as for the metabolism nothing is better than a good weight day. I guess what it comes down to is this: I need to quit whining and be glad that I even have the opportunity to visit a gym, have a trainer, and have had success at this. The impatient me is peeking its ugly head. This is one of those time I really just need to kick myself in the @ss and let all the positive information sink in. So, as of today. I'm done whining. I am my own person. I don't need to compare my weight loss achievements to anyone elses or be jealous that others are losing and I am not. I need to trust myself. And anyways, who ever said this was a freaking race? For so long I have made myself think that if I don't have the weight gone by a certain time then I was a failure. Well, that is not true at all. As long as I am trying my hardest I am a winner. Weight training is good requardless of whether I am losing big numbers on the scale or not. I'm doing a wonderful thing for my body and in the end it will thank me three folds. I know this. I swear PMS makes me temporaily insane sometimes. Pass me the valium. :)

So, Sarah, I'm going to take your advice and set different goals that pertain to what I am doing at the moement to reflect my improvement in that particular area. Guess if I'm not a skinny babe at the moment I can be a buff one ;) Oh yeah, Sometimes I'm not the fattest chick in the gym anymore. That's what I get for going to a marine corps facility. :) Nothing more motivating than being the most over-weight person at the gym. Same motivation comes from also not being the fattest girl in the gym. Recognizing that I came from the point they are currently at is a big breakthrough for me. I am finally starting to realize that I have indeed lost weight and it does show. I force myself to look at myself in the mirrors at the gym when I am working out now. I am starting to get more and more comfortable with who I am. I can actually look at myself and not feel humiliation. Also, I don't constantly think people are looking at me and secretly laughing at the chubby girl doing weights. I think I have some confidence trying to make an appearance, and I like it!

Ok, I'm done now. I get a little long winded sometimes. You all have a fabulous day.

Sheila53
12-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Less than a week to go! How is everyone doing?

howie6267
12-15-2004, 10:35 PM
I did awful this weekend and I did not have a chance to make goal even before that. So I know I won't make goal.

Jillegal
12-16-2004, 02:17 AM
I probably won't make it (see ticker below) but I'll be pretty darn close and feel pretty smug about that :smug:

seashell
12-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Hey everyone!

I was laughing at your post Sarah. Not laughing at YOU, but at the situation. It's funny how your situatuion seems to mirrior my own. Same starting weight, same goal, same current weight and same plateau! I'm also stuck at 207. I was really hoping for 199 by Christmas, but It's not a possibility at this point. SIGH! I guess everything happens for a reason. There's always next year!

mezmerize
12-16-2004, 10:21 AM
I don't know if I'm going to make my 210 with TOM. I'm fairly close 3 lbs to go. I've also missed couple workouts. I am very happy someone started this tread it made me rethink how to eat healthy even on the holidays. I'm learning a wonderful life lesson. Thanks =)

Sheila53
12-16-2004, 09:44 PM
While I've been exercising as much, if not more, than usual, my eating has been horrible. My pants are feeling tighter than I'd like so I'm not going to make my goal. But there's always the next one!

This time of year is so darn hard, that I think anyone who even gets close to their goal is a winner!!

Tammy32
12-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Great job to everyone who is putting so much effort into this challenge. I think Sheila is right. As long as you are trying you are a winner for sure. This is a super hard time of the year to stay right on track. I only lost one of the twelve pounds I wanted to. But, that certainly is better than it could have been.

There is still a few more days. I'll be looking forward to hearing about those of you who met their challenges and their to support the rest of us who fell a bit short. :)

barbygirl43
12-20-2004, 03:49 PM
I did not make my goal..I'm still 7.5 pounds from it, but I'm not going to complain and give up. I've lost 37.5 pounds since March and I can do so much more now. Plus, we had a family dinner on Saturday and I couldn't tell you the number of compliments I got from family members on how well I look now. I can't wait until I see them all again on Easter when I'll be looking a lot better :) (This is the extended family on mom's side and there were over 50 people there. )

Jillegal
12-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Aw shucks - I didn't quite make it either. However, I'm pleased with what I did lose and now the challenge is not to gain it all back by New Years!! :D

Okay, who's got the next challenge? I'm raring to go!!

P.S. Yesterday it was -38 with the windchill factor and today it'll be dark at 4pm - Winter Solstice can kiss my @$$!

Tammy32
12-21-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm all for the next challenge. I think I need something new to give me a swift kick back into action! I've only made one challenge so far since I have been here. So, what's it gonna be? Any suggestions?

mezmerize
12-22-2004, 12:04 PM
I wanted to be down to 210 I'm at 211. So close. I'm going to try not to be bummed out.

howie6267
12-22-2004, 01:50 PM
I'm afraid to even weigh after these last two weeks. I've been totally off plan. I'm going back at it for today and tommorrow and maybe even christmas. I'm sick of feeling so bloated and drained.

seashell
12-23-2004, 08:39 AM
I missed by 4 pounds. UGHHH. I understand though. I have had a few cookies and my exercise has decreased greatly as the cold weather has settled in. I have a friend who is bringing me a Gazell next week. Im really excited. I can do my morning routine in heat and exercise different muscles. Bring on the next challange . . . Onederland, here I come!

Tammy32
12-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Mez, you came so close!! What a great job especially with the time of the year it is. There is nothing for you to be bummed out about. Be proud!! :)

Shelley, same for you too!! Any weight loss during the challenge is an achievement. I'm in Southern California so the winter here is a piece of cake. I've lived in alot of cold climates before though and I know it is super tough to exercise in the winter. Those gazelles look really neat. Let us know how you like it.