Weight Loss Support - good days vs. bad days

View Full Version : good days vs. bad days

jansan
10-28-2004, 02:07 AM
Hi all, I was thinking this evening the difference between having good days vs bad days with respect to eating. While I really dont believe any day is either good or bad depending on what is eaten, that's just diet lingo.

Anyway, yesterday I had a bad day. Not eating the wrong things as much as just eating way too much in general, one 'diet' item after another, hence not having a deficite to lose any weight. Yet less than 24 hours later, I had a very good day, eating healthy lean things and not very much of them, and I have felt satisfied the entire day with respect to food.

What was the difference between the two days? Yesterday I didnt feel much like doing anything constructive, hence I didnt get too much accomplished at all. The dishes remained in the sink, the bed remained un made, and I felt like eating. Time was heavy on my hands and I felt like a slug.

Today, the 'good' day, I woke and started to work first thing, and did so for about 6-7 hours on and off. I also did the dishes and other work, enjoyed myself, and in general felt as if I was accomplishing good things. And in doing things I was distracted from feeling hungry and ate less, and yet felt more satisfied.

In general my better food days are associated with having interesting, time-consuming, productive things to do. My less than good days generally do not have structure and I drift, and then eat too much to fill the void. Seems like a good hint for how to live each day :dizzy: .

Has anyone else noticed any life patterns associated with good food days that you can duplicate resulting in having more 'good' days?

Jan

almostheaven
10-28-2004, 07:18 AM
I've had two bad days in a row myself. Where I've wanted to snack more than usual and haven't felt at all like exercising. But I felt like I was trying to come down with something, so took a lot of vitamin C and decided to lay off pushing it and see how today goes.

So while it may seem like a bad day, sometimes it's just our body's way of telling us to slow down. Not always, but sometimes.

Annie-Rose
10-28-2004, 07:42 AM
I always feel like eating too much when I'm tired, sad, ill, fighting something off etc.
Thankfully those days don't last forever!!

Carolfromfl
10-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Boredom is probably the biggest reason I eat more on those off days or bad days!! If I keep busy, then of course, I don't think about eating, and the time flies by!! On those lazy days that we all have, is when I especially want to eat more and not worry about eating those unhealthy foods!!LOL Those days aren't often, but when they do hit, look out!!LOL
CAROL

punkinbutt
10-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Like you, I have my best days when I have something constructive to keep me busy.

I guess there was a little truth in it when my granny always said idle hands were the devil's workshop. :lol:

jansan
10-30-2004, 07:22 PM
I was looking back over the week, and just about when my 'bad' day hit and I was tired and unmotivated, it coincided with my having prepared several things that contained milk in them. When I was younger I had a severe dairy protein allergy, and then is slowly went away over the years. I still eat less dairy than most because of years of counter conditioning, but earlier this week I used alot of it. I didnt have the old acute reaction, but I would bet what I felt was related to too much milk consumption. When I decreased the milk, I felt better and have had more energy again.

Jan.

*laura
11-15-2004, 04:31 PM
I too judge my days as good or bad depending on my food intake for the day!!! Sometimes I fell as if it consumes me completely. I'm so glad I found this site to help me vent and give me support!