Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#12)

Sherry
10-27-2004, 11:18 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/welcomefall6

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
10-27-2004, 11:32 PM
Hey Friends,

I have some very bad news. Debbie's husband James had a heart attack this afternoon. I just got home from the hospital. He had 70% blockage in his artery.They put a stint in.The bad part.... He has got internal bleeding from the arterygram (sp). His blood pressure dropped down to 52/40. He is stablelized right now and they are trying to stop the bleeding.The Dr. told us that right now all we can do is pray and take 1 hour at a time.If he continues to bleed they will do surgery tonight and give him blood tranfusions.I don't know what else to tell you except thank the Lord above that he's stable right now and pray for him to make a complete recovery.I pray he doesn't get worse tonight or continues to bleed.

I'll let you know something as soon as I hear from Debbie.She will be calling me through-out the night for updates.

I love You All...

siamese
10-28-2004, 04:08 AM
sherry,oh my,please tell debbie she and james are in my prayers!
and im praying for a speedy recovery!

im sorry to hear of the things your going thru as well,
glad it wasnt broken but then again sometimes sprains are worse..

sorry ive been missing in action,i got rid of my dial up and have spent the last week moving all my stuff over to my new server.
man thats time consuming.
havent had a chance to read most of the posts .
please sherry let us know when you can how james is doing.

hugs,
http://tinypic.com/eni3m

siamese
10-28-2004, 04:14 AM
ok im testing,
ignore please!
doni

ShelleyM
10-28-2004, 05:21 AM
Sherry-Please tell Debbie that she and James are in my thoughts and prayers! Please keep us informed as to how he is doing.

4myloves
10-28-2004, 09:27 AM
Sherry--Please tell Debbie that she's in my thoughts as well. Praying for James' speedy and full recovery.

Cheryl

gdeann
10-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Gosh, I wish now I would of checked my mail last night. I will be saying prayers for James and Debbie, hopefully they can keep him stabilized long enough to do everything they need to get done. Please, Sherry, when you hear from Debbie, let us know what is going on and how Debbie is coping. Give her my love and tell her even though I can't be by her side, I am with her in thoughts and prayers.

Deelite
10-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Sherry that is tragic news. What a terrible shock! Has he had heart problems before? Tell Debbie that we are behind her with the strenght of our prayers. My holy candle will be lit after I post this. Hug Debbie for me and let her know that my thoughts and prayers are going out to them.

bootwoman
10-28-2004, 11:55 AM
I just now checked the board. I'm so very sorry that Debbie and James are going through this. I pray that everything will be okay and that a complete recovery can be made. Please give Debbie my love. I feel so helpless not being there to help comfort her.

Sherry
10-28-2004, 07:11 PM
I only have time for a quick update on James:

He is still in CCU and is still in stable condition. The Dr. said that they may start taking the weight and sand bags off his groin area tonight to may sure it doesn't start bleeding again (they think it's stopped...which is great!).His b/p is slowly getting back to normal also. Debbie said last night was from good to bad & bad to good most of the night but has done better today which is wonderful!!

Thank you all for your prayers and thinking of him. Debbie really appricates it. She sends her love.

Love You All...

gdeann
10-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Thank goodness it's looking better for James! Send Deb my love and tell her I continue to pray for James a full recovery!

ShelleyM
10-29-2004, 05:57 AM
Sherry-Please tell Debbie that I also continue to send prayers and love to her and James!

Sherry
10-29-2004, 07:04 AM
James had a good night. They took the weights and sand bags off him and the bleeding did not continue!!! :cp: They even had him sitting up in a chair!!! Hopefully if he continues to improve they will move him from CCU to a regular room today!!!

Keep your prayers coming & the candle lit. :angel: The Dr. said James was one lucky, strong man.

I Love Ya'll....

Deelite
10-29-2004, 09:53 AM
Sherry that is good news. When I seen the post from you early this morning I helded my breath when I read it. Holy Mary is burning and I will continue to pray not only for James but his family.

gdeann
10-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Great news Sherry! Tell Deb & James I am wishing and praying only the best of thoughts for them!

James probably never knew he was ever going to have so many women praying for him! LOL!

4myloves
10-29-2004, 04:21 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONI!!!!!!!!

HOPE IT'S A GREAT ONE!!!

Sherry
10-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Doni.....I Hope Your Birthday Is As Special As You Are!!!! :gift: :balloons:

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/doni

Deelite
10-29-2004, 05:50 PM
Happy Birthday Doni....I hope that you have the best one yet!!! :D

gdeann
10-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Happy birthday to you...happy birthday toooo youuuuu....happy birthday dearrrrrrrr Doni, happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be happy you just have to read it instead of listening to it!!! LOL!

I hope you have a very special day filled with neat stuff and the people you love!

Love, Gayle

gdeann
10-29-2004, 06:08 PM
Tonight is our Halloween meal, we had to arrange a time that would fit everyones work schedule.

The menu is:

**Dracula in his coffin with blood sauce
Pigs in the blanket, I'm going to put a toothpick(stake) in it the biscuit where the heart would be and place a bit of ketchup around it.

**Mummy fingers
Crinkle cut french fries

**Slivered lizards
French cut green beans

**Frankenbrains
Vanilla pudding with mandarin orange pieces and crushed pineapple

**Witches potion
Diet cherry 7-up on crushed ice with a plastic eyeball floating in it

Did I gross you guys out???? LOL!

After the meal, we are carving pumpkins!!!

ShelleyM
10-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Happy Birthday, Doni! I hope your birthday was filled with love and good cheer!

Carol101
10-29-2004, 09:30 PM
OMG I take a few days away from my computer and the world comes crashing down!!!

Debbie: My prayers are with you and James!! I can't believe this has happened, but I am so glad he is getting better. I love you so much and wish I could be with you to help you both through this difficult time. I am praying for a speedy recovery.

Sherry: How are your men doing? Crutches and all!!! They must keep you on your toes. Hang in there. Love you.

Gayle: I loved your menu!! Sounds delicious!! :lol:

Doni: Hope you are having wonderful birthday!!!!

Hello to all my floozie friends.. Vicki, Shelley, Dee; Cheryl, Tina... hope I didn't miss anyone. Love you all

I love everyone's new markers. I just had to make myself one.

DebbieA
10-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Hello all my dear friends!!

I just got home from the hospital and James is doing so much better. They moved him to a regular room this afternoon, so I came home to sleep in my bed tonight. Wednesday was such a nightmare, with him almost dieing twice. Goes to show we don't ever know when our lives will be cut short. I thank God I still have my husband with me, can't imagation my life without him. It is going to be a long road to full recovery but he is strong.

Thank you all so much for all your prayers and thank you Sherry for keeping everyone informed.
Love you all...Deb

Sherry
10-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Hello All :wave:

I'm sick again. This morning I woke up at 3:00 thinking I was having a heart attack but then remembered that this is the way that my Pleurisy felt last year. I took 2 of Wayne's lortabs and finally went back to sleep. Later, I managed to get dressed through the pain and get to work.As soon as I got there I knew I had better get to the Dr. So I drove myself. After the xrays came back, I was correct.I do have Pleurisy again with a touch of Pneumonia. I got 2 shots and I'm taking the Z-Pack and Prednisone.

When it rains it pours! Let see:Since last Friday...My car broke down....Wayne had knee surgery.......Drew sprained his ankle........James had a heart attack.......Me sick with Pleurisy! What else could happen? :(

I have slept most of the day. I'm about to go back to bed but wanted to share {hopfully the last!} of my bad news.

Gayle,
Your dinner sounds so good! What a very neat idea! I bet your family thinks you're the best like we do!!!!! You are 1 cool Mom! BTW: Are you taking Alison out trick or treating tomorrow night or Sunday night?

Doni,
I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!! :hb: What did you do?

Debbie,
I'm so glad that Wayne's best friend is doing better! Damn...doesn't prayers work miracles?! We love you both so much and couldn't imagine life without either one of you!!! Things like this really makes you appricate life more.I'm so happy he's doing so well now. We were all so scared & worried huh? Hugs g/f!!!

Carol,
Did you get my email where I wrote you back? I wonder why you couldn't get on the site? That's weird! I love you too!

Got to go lay back down...I'm hurting. Please forgive me if I didn't post to you but PLEASE know I care & love each of you!!

Hugs...

gdeann
10-29-2004, 11:46 PM
Debbie, so nice to hear from you, take care of hubby!!! Life is way to short to not live it like we should. Hopefully you two will have many more blessed years together!

Sherry, please rest and take it easy if you can. Is Wayne able to get up and around much? Hopefully things will get better soon! Things here usually happens in 3's, so hopefully your finished!
We will take Allison Sunday, I did hear that some people are actually going on Saturday.

Carol, I think of you often and I always enjoy seeing a post from you. How are things going for you??

ShelleyM
10-30-2004, 05:07 AM
Sherry-Please try to rest this weekend.
Debbie-I continue to pray for James.
Okay, ladies-how do you change the weight on the ticker thing?

gdeann
10-30-2004, 10:27 AM
My thinking is every time we lose or gain, we need to just go in and re-do it all, just like the original one????

Deelite
10-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Debbie I am glad that James is doing so much better. The power of prayer can be a mazing. My mom shouldn't have made it last winter and after being on life support for 10 days we didn't know what to expect. She miracously (sp?) survived and with no damage. Our life can be taken away in a flash. Hug your love ones today.

Sherry can you hear me yelling at you. Slow down, you do to much and push it to far and then you get horrible sick. Please worry about yourself right now. The guys can fend for themselves, they are not life threatened.

Gayle your meal sounds so spooky. Allison is going to love it. What a fun Mom you are.
Tell Allison Happy Halloween.

Carol it is nice hearing from you. Sixteen pounds down that is awesome!

Larry worked this morning and will be home shortly. Not sure if we will do much today but as long as we get to spend some time together. Dez is staying at the dorm again this weekend. I am glad because I know that she is starting to make a new life there.

GTR my Prince has arrived.

Enjoy your spooky weekend.

Deelite
10-30-2004, 02:21 PM
Sherry just thought of something, since you all will not be able to get to the door for giving out treats (don't even think about it) give them to the neighbor to give out.Just leave a note on your door. Just want to take care of you, Sherbear!

Carol101
10-30-2004, 02:24 PM
Sherry and Debbie: My dear, sweet. kind. loveable friends. Boy when it rains it pours. I want so bad to just jump in my car and come down there to take care of both of you and your families. I sure wish I lived closer. My heart breaks with all the pain, hurt, worry and stress you are both going through. I am sure it will all turn around soon. People like you two deserve the best life has to offer. I am praying for speed recoveries for all, good health and happiness always. I love you all! :angel:

Gayle: Sounds like your dinner has to be one of the most inventive I have ever heard of. You are so creative! I just love your ideas. Keep up the good work of being you! Love you!

Shelley: Aren't those weight ticker things awesome!! How are you doing?

You can't believe what I heard happened in a nearby town on trick or treat night. There was a 18-19 year old (probably high on drugs) with a baseball bat and a knife threating smaller children to get their candy away from them. It took 3-4 police officers to bring him down! Is nothing safe for our children any more!!! How horrible!!

I am not doing very well staying OP. Can't make it through a whole day for some reason. But I haven't given up hope of something clicking one of these days. As far as my feet & ankles, if I take meds every day, the pain is bearable. I still can't be on them for long periods of time, but I am taking it one day at a time. Maybe someone will come up with something one day to make it even better. I am hoping.

To all my floozie friends, I am happy to know each and every one of you! My life is so much better for knowing all of you. Here's a big hug to all of you. It is something we all can use daily. :grouphug:

:love:

Sherry
10-31-2004, 08:04 AM
Hope everyone has a nice Halloween!!

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/halloween2

Deelite
10-31-2004, 10:49 AM
Sherry and Debbie it sounds like both of you are suffering from your smoking. This is probably a very sinsitive matter so I won't say much but since Debbie brought it up the other day.........my Mom should not be smoking either. It is a matter of how much longer she will live if she continues. With family incouragement she has agreed to try the lazer treatments friday. It is like acupuncture. I will let you know how she does.

Sorry have to go. A friend has come over for coffee.

gdeann
10-31-2004, 02:46 PM
I know personally, when I smoked, I suffered from allergies and infections 24/7.
Now it is 100% better, but then I traded one bad habit for another...eating!!
My FIL is on oxegen because of his smoking, he won't quit, but then again, the damage is done. Now he sucks oxegen, takes a breathing treatment, then heads outdoors to smoke a cig!!
If there were no damaging side effects from smoking, I would of continued, I STILL crave them!!!!

Not staying OP today! Baking cookies and cupcakes to take to friends and family tonight when we trick or treat. I probably won't post my food menu today, snitched a few cookies already and planning on drinking some beer tonight.

gdeann
10-31-2004, 03:14 PM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL MY GHOUL-FRIENDS!!!!!
:dance: :yikes: :dance:

ShelleyM
10-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Ditto for me, Gayle. I'm not posting my menu today either. Not because I'm not staying OP, but I have been snacking all day on OP stuff and don't remember everything I've eaten.

siamese
11-01-2004, 05:40 AM
hello friends!
debbie,
im so glad james is doing better!
what you must be going thru!
hugs!!!!!

sherry,you poor thing you got it again?
hugs to you as well,you have been thru the wringer for sure!

well as for my birthday :(
brian forgot!
im stubborn and didnt feel like reminding him.
he remembered tonight,of course it was to late then.
a very lonely day...
i guess its a man thing!
thank you all for remembering!
i havent been on plan much stressing bout this and that.
everyone please take care!

gdeann
11-01-2004, 08:39 AM
Doni, I'm sorry Brian didn't remember your birthday, I think sometimes men just blow some things off until reminded. You have done great losing the 30 pounds and I just know you will reach your goal of losing the other 90. Even if you have a few days off track, you can get right back with it. Today is a new day!

Deelite
11-01-2004, 09:36 AM
Doni I feel for you that Brian didn't remember your birthday. I would have cried all day. After all it is the one day that is special to you that you don't share with everyone else. If you aren't on plan right now that is ok just try to maintain because you remember how hard it was to lose a pound?

Shelley and Gayle we all have to live. That means it is a lifestyle we choose to eat healthier and have some special days off. BUT THOSE ARE THE DAYS THAT YOU REALLY NEED TO RECORD WHAT YOU EAT!!!! We are all gluttons somedays and don't want everyone to know how bad we were. If you can't ppost the bad days at least write it down on a paper so you can acknowledge what you ate. Just because we didn't write it down doesn't mean our bodies aren't counting it. I am guilty of this too. I know that when I do this I don't have as much guilt that goes with just gorging and it is easier for me to forgive myself and get on with it tomorrow.

gdeann
11-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Friends I'm asking for your prayers for little Allison. She has struggled with allergy like symptoms over the past 4-5 weeks, getting better a few days then turning bad again. We made an appointment with a doctor because she is just not herself even with the prescriptions. Since her kindergarten physical, she has lost 4-5 pounds and her lymph nodes are swollen badly. The doctor checked her liver and spleen and could find no problems there, he ordered new blood test, we should know later today. He said the nodes are a sign something isn't right in the body, it could be an infection or possibly mononucleosis. I will let you guys know later today what we find out.

Deelite
11-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Gayle you can garantee (sp? excuse my brain fart) Allison is on the top of my prayer list. That is a lot of weight for a little one to lose. Give her a big hug for me.

ShelleyM
11-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Gayle-Please know that I am praying that Allison is okay. Please let us know what the blood test says.

Carol101
11-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Gayle: My prayers are with you and little Allison.

Doni: I am so glad your friends here at the Floozie's remembered your birthday! Men can be so forgetful! Hugs & love coming your way.

Shelley: How is the running going.

Sherry: Are you feeling any better? How are the gimps doing? What a house full of people who need waited on. I hope you are up and around in no time!

Debbie: Is James doing okay? Keep us up to date when you can. Love & Hugs to you and yours.

Well, I got up today with a new attitude. I have been telling myself over and over all day (positive reinforcement) I can do this and I will do this!! So as of today, I am back OP!!

Hugs to all

Sherry
11-01-2004, 06:49 PM
STOP!!!!!!!

Please Go To #13.............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!! :spin: