Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 09:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default ww has confused me again... lol

I just got my issue of this months ww magazine and in it was some recipes for core... two are muffins. Doesn't make any sense because why can we have blueberry muffins and not cornbread made from core ingrediants?? muffins are a kind of bread, and sweet bread at that... I just wish they would make their mind up, you know? Anyone else catch that or know what this is happening?
Old 10-27-2004, 11:18 AM   #2  

if it helps - you are not alone Spryng. I've heard a few people comment on the turnaround program being aptly name - since every time we turn around the rules are a bit different.

Apparently - WW has called the reference to the muffin recipe as being Core a misprint and is issueing a retraction/correction. There is a lot of talk about it on the WW site and on BCB. That's my only reference.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:31 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

I am sure that is the case too...remember even editors and writers are human so we will have to see what comes out in the next issue but........if it says Core now then I would call it core! LOL!

I think W/W did not do a good job rolling out core and making it clear....
Old 10-27-2004, 02:15 PM   #4  
Heather

WW has a quiz up now on the homepage (link at the bottom of WW.com) and one of the questions is about making muffins with all core ingredients.

The answer was FALSE...You can't make muffins or any other bakery type thing and call it Core.

A few people on the boards called WW international and were told the muffin recipes were a mistake. They need to get their act together!!!
Old 10-27-2004, 04:36 PM   #5  

Thanks for clearing that up for me! Obvisouly I've been behind, lol. I didn't know they recanted the muffins... sheesh. Sometimes it bothers me... like I can eat one muffin and be satisfied. It isn't a trigger food for me. I hate that they choose what you can and cant have that is core ingrediants because it "might" cause someone to binge (like we can't binge on chocolate fudge ff/sf pudding first?) when the whole point of Core is eat until satisfied, so whether it's muffins or cornbread or a chicken breast, and if we over eat we cheated ourselves and went off program right?
Ok, I'll stop whining, lol.. I just wanted some cornbread without feeling guilty about it!!! LOL!
Old 10-27-2004, 05:00 PM   #6  
Heather

Spryng...just noticed your stats. WOW..you are so close to your personal goal. I keep moving mine backwards. LOL. I think it is 149 now so 10 more pounds. Congrats to you!

Oh and by the way..I heard the muffins in the magazine are just awful. Really dry and you CAN taste the beans even though they say you can't. LOL.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:33 PM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng
...I hate that they choose what you can and cant have that is core ingrediants because it "might" cause someone to binge (like we can't binge on chocolate fudge ff/sf pudding first?) ...
It is not only the 'binge' or 'abuse' factor it is the calorie denseness (is that a word but you know what I am trying to get across right?). Sugarfree, fatfree pudding per serving is only 40 calories....
Old 10-28-2004, 04:59 PM   #8  

The whole point of core is not only to eat until satisfied but to learn to eat healthy foods in moderate amounts. I can eat ice cream without binging so why can't I have 2 cups of that instead of milk? Right, it's not a healthy substitution. Core is only for a few who are truly willing to give up the junk and follow a narrow food plan.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I guess I've never thought of core as a "narrow food plan." Following the core plan for me has created a lot more variety, which is something I didn't expect. Anybody else find this? I never ate avocados, olives, rice, or even shredded wheat on flexpoints. And, luckily, if I want to eat a Luna bar each week (or a couple of fun-size candy bars on Halloween) and the Trader Ming's orange chicken I love, I can use my points.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:48 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila53
Anybody else find this?
I agree. There's no shortage of foods on the list to pick from ... and lots of things I wouldn't have spent points on before, like you said.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:48 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm enjoying the wonderful variety on Core. I must agree with Kathy...I'm eating things that I never would have spent points on before; like fruit. I was always too busy still trying to eat hamburgers and fries. I have never been so satisfied on a plan before.....ever.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:36 AM   #12  

Here I am lurking again...

I was on Core for about 3 weeks, and while I enjoyed the freedom it gave me (somewhat) I found it too restrictive overall for my life style. I eat out on average 4 or 5 times a week (lunch) maybe one dinner...and It was really hard to find variety in rest. options. I am usually pretty good about adjusting things, asking about portion sizes,etc...but I would look at a menu and be lost....which is a VERY odd feeling for me. Now I do have a question, for anyone who has done Core and Gone back to Flex....did it "screw you up for a while"? In that I mean, did it make it harder to journal, and keep track of things like you once did. I know it drove me nutz....I felt like a raosted cashew. I have slowly been able to readjust. I wonde what the overall response to the program is...and how it has been accepted with members. I know 99 percent of those in my meeting are Flex, and the people I run into out in the real world seem to be Flex as well.......on that note.....see-ya

-nate
Old 10-29-2004, 11:00 AM   #13  
Cowboy Up Chick

I did core for 2 weeks and it just didn't fit my lifestyle and I have never not had anything I did not enjoy even on Flex ever. I eat mostly CoreFoods on Flex and have never felt unsatisified or worried about not reaching TP or going over. Many times is our 'mind' playing games and what we choose. I actually gained on Core the 2 weeks I did so I went back to Flex with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA
Core is only for a few who are truly willing to give up the junk and follow a narrow food plan.
This is a terrible, terrible statement. Becuase not everyone on Flex is/was a junkaholic. Sometimes reformed junkaholics are like smokers and think they are perfect and they aren't. Sorry if this offends you but you make this statement over and over and insist if someone does Flex they are eating nothing but junk and that is not true. And as other's have posted Core is not necessarily a 'narrow' plan as there are many choices but for some is just isn't liveable.

Last edited by Kelly_S; 10-29-2004 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:42 AM   #14  

I agree Kelly, I have done both plans (obviously) and on flex I ate healthy too! I did eat more frozen meals and such but it was healthy. Of course on flex I also had my big macs and hershey bars, lol... but you know what? I still eat them on Core too! That is what my WPA's are for, lol. So now I feel like I eat simpler foods on core and such but I still get my junk and I do not feel core is restrictive at all but I still think Flex is a great plan! I got to my goal weight on flex so it will always be special to me. But I agree with you completely Kelly
Old 10-29-2004, 12:07 PM   #15  
Cowboy Up Chick

Srpyng, I really upsets me when people say that people on Flex only eat junk when unless they are sitting right there with them monitoring their foods they have no clue...especially as big as the "internet" is and we are all on here from various locations. Yes there are people (and I never disputed that) that do eat nothing but junk and eliminate the 'core' foods that keep us satisified but for the most part people learn and move on to those foods or quit. LOL!
Closed Thread