Support Groups - Desperate Housewives (Formerly SAHM's) #278 *Wednesday*

mamawithdreams
10-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 Ĺ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

kandie60
10-27-2004, 08:52 AM
goodmorning:)

well I had a bit of a set back last evening...probably ate about 1900 calories....I am PMSing.....not that, that is an excuse....but anyway....back at it again today....as the only way to lose is to keep at it.....normally I would have thrown in the towel........but that just is the path to being fatter.......onward we go!!

will check back in for personals later.

have a great day!

Jaymi_Dol_78
10-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Hi everyone!! Itís still early today, so I haventí done anything yet. I really want to go back to sleep! I always get up to exercise.. So it shouldnít be that big of a deal!! Well anyways I met this woman yesterday with my dh. We went out to eat with them. FINALLY someone I have in common right here in SC.. but I'll be moving soon probably so that sucks! She has a 3rd grader, but she stays at home and watches 2 toddlers during the day.(for money) She's on WW.. so she diets and everything! She's cool! Maybe for once I'll make a friend. Derrick says, we'll here's someone that you will meet and never talk to again! But since I got an email address too.. I doubt it! LOL So I exercised and my calories were going GREAT until..... we went ate out. I'll be damned if I pay 10.00 for a stupid salad! I might as well eat some real food! So me and my dh shared some fried shrimp, ribs, and chicken strips with fries. It came with a salad, so I ate that too! My calories were probably high... but not that bad! I didn't over eat. So letís see

Michelle- I will say special prayers for him! Iím soo sorry to hear about that!
I hope the doctors are wrong, and heíll be better soon. Oh, and since I donít have AOL anymore, I lost the msn website address. Can you let me know what it is again?

Ok my mind just went BLANK!! All the comments I wanted to make from the last threadÖ I forgot. So Iíll try to get back with you all later!

To everyone else I missedÖ. Have a great day!!

Deana1113
10-27-2004, 09:16 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry I didn't get back on last night, the kids had the copmputer tied up all night and I was busy sewing patches....again. Quite a bit planned today. Abby's Fall party for preschool is at 10:15 this morning, bring her home and get lunch then head off to school for the boys parties, then cub scouts right after that. And to top it off, Scott volunteered to go in for 4 hours tonight so......

Michelle: Too scary about that young man. How old is he? Any word yet? I will keep them in my thoughts. Too cool about the Halloween party.

Jeniqua: Sorry to hear about the incident with your neighbors. Some people are just real idiots.

Mel: Soooo glad to hear that Patrick doesn't have sugar diabetes. Hope they don't find anything serious.

Chris: Did ya find it? HUH? HUH? Tell me you did, please.

Jill: Oh no! You talk to your mother about me? :lol: . How is she doing? Isn't she dieting too? How did the family pics come out? We wanna see em!

Spryng: Hope you finally got to the movies last night. What did you see? Did you have fun?

Kristin: Forced TOM? That sux. Hope it all works itself out soon. Then you'll be preggo before you know it ;) .

Crystal: Does having the forms done put the size of it in more perspective now? I bet it does. Is it going to be huge?

Jaymi: WTG on the excercise and eating yesterday. Have you tried putting something in your water to make it go down easier so you can drink more? Keep it up girl. 10 pounds in a month is completely feasible. You can do it!!! ;)

Angel: YES YES YES it does feel great. I have adopted a new lifestyle as far as eating and a new attitude about being fat. I don't wanna anymore!!! The tickers are at tickerfactory.com. It will walk you through the steps just be sure if you are doing weight pick the one that says weight, not weight tracker. I think that is more for babies weights as they grow. If you have any questions just ask.

Thank you all for the wtg's and woohoo's on my loss. I have a goal in sight and I'm going to keep it that way. Holidays~pishawww~ I can eat around the fattening stuff! :D

Well dh is home and waiting on a friend to come by and get him to go look at a barn he is tearing down then he'll be off to bed as soon as he gets back. I need to hop in the shower nad get ready for the school parties today.

TTYL

spryng
10-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Good morning all!

Boy I am dragging today for some reason. The movies went fine last night. Shark Tale was cute... not as funny as I thought it would be but it was cute. There is a cartoon coming out called Robots that has Robin Williams in it that looks hilarious, can't wait until that comes out. DS (3 yo) was a pain the butt 1/2 way through the movie. He didn't want to sit he wanted to crawl all over the floor (and we all know what lurks down there, lol) then he started leaving the aisle and I'd have to go get him. Irritating to say the least. He ended up in alot of trouble. But all in all it was fine. Glad I can just stay home today and do nothing... well I say nothing but I mean clean clean clean! LOL... since we went to the movies it through me off schedule so I didn't get Ava's room clean yesterday or work on my room at all, so today I'll catch up on those plus what I have planned for today, which is the living room and to deep clean the kitchen. So it sounds like alot of stuff but if I get started by 9 am I should be done by noon. Dinner tonight will be fish and fries, what are you all having?

Deana, your day sounds busy today!

Jaymi, I feel the same way when I eat out, I hate paying high prices for lettuce, lol. You would think salads would be the cheapest thing on the menu because goodness knows you can get a huge bag of premade salad for nothing... they make a huge profit on that stuff, lol. So I never order it either, I'd rather order something fattening but eat half, you know? So glad you made a new friend? Where did you meet her? And why and when are you moving? I guess I missed that post.

Kathy, I wouldn't worry about the cals you ate yesterday. Sounds like 1900 is enough to maintain your weight so you won't gain from it. Just keep moving forward!

Angel, congrats on the exercise this morning! You are starting off great today!

MIchelle, thanks for the reminder about the swap! I'm so excited about it!! Do you think we should fill out some sort of questionaire that tells our hobbies and interests so we have some sort of idea what to buy the other person? So sorry to hear about your sister's nephew. Scary. I hope I never have to worry about my kids like that and I pray it was the spider bite. Keep us updated. When will they know?

Kristin, did you watch the biggest loser last night? I caught the last 10 min. I like the red team alot so I was sad for them. But after the first week of amazing losses it's only normal for them to not lose or maintain this week, you know? Why isn't anyone telling them that? They are working out like crazy and that is building lean muscle, so they all probably lost fat and not know it. So inches were gone I bet. O-well, things will pick up for them again I know it.

Crystal, any pics you can share with us yet??

Well I need to get off here and get dressed. Looks like I'll get an early start on this house, lol. TTYL!

MichelleRae
10-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Good Morning Girls!

Jaymi the msn site is http://groups.msn.com/momslosingweight

Kathy hang in there girly...today you should purge your household of junk food, just get it out of there. Stock up on fresh fruits and veggies and tea, bottles of water etc...just get the bad stuff out!! Also in the afternoon try a wedge of lemon in your water....it may help curb your night time cravings. :)

Crystal....hows my baby ;) JK~~But really how is the baby doing? How are you?

Spryng yes I will go put up a short questionaire at the msn group site. :) I'm glad you had a pretty good time out at the movies last night. Taylor can't wait to go see Polar Express and I must admit that neither can I!!

Deana, hopefully we will hear more back today, I should clarify that Shaun isn't a "Direct" Member of my family but in the extended family or family by association lol. I've already talked to my sister about all of his stuff so far and informed her that I will be there for them no matter what! I'm praying too that it is nothing serious. I guess they did find poison in his leg but it hadn't yet reached the muscle and at this point they really don't think his "bad" bloodwork and the painful leg and muscle atropy has anything to do with a spider bite that is over a week old. I'm waiting patiently for an update and praying for a miracle.

Okay I finished all my assignments for this week for my IT 101 course I had to do a web search and find 3 sites that would be helpful in writing my COM110 final paper and then I had to research the sites to make sure they were up to date and that the information was valid and that the site providing the information was credible with acceptible credentials. Now I just have to work on my assignments for COM110 the rest of the week.

I better get off here Taylor has stripped down to nothing and is running around screaming NAKEY BUTT!!

Love to all
Michelle

sherybaby
10-27-2004, 10:09 AM
Goodmorning ladies!
Just popping in to say hi! Seems as tho some of us are still sleeping! ;) Or busy! I myself had a girlscout mtg this mng at Dunkin doughnuts. Like I told Deanna I'm going to be a Brownie leader and had to find out what to do. I totally had no idea. I volunteered to do this because no one else wanted to....as usual. Why is it it 's the same moms (parents) that do everything? My mom told me that's how it's always been and always will be. But it's just not fair. I don't want to kids to ever lose out on anything because a parent won't help so I always end up doing it. I must say it does make me feel good when the kids enjoy it tho! I wasn't very good at the doughnut shop...no doughnuts but I had a bagel w/ sausage egg and cheese. DH and I had an entertainment book coupon fo buy one get one free and he wanted one so I got one too! Bad idea. But....on the bright side it's all I've had so far today and I won't eat again till 1:30ish. On the down side I'm sure it's all the calories and pts I've even allowed for the entire day! I'll just have to be extra good the rest of the day!

I hope you all have a good one! I'll check in later.

mamawithdreams
10-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Morning ladies, can't post much, going to check the progress outside. The pictures I'm taking are on a disposable camera, when it's full then I can post some. Hope everyone is doing well. Be back later.

sharqueen76
10-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Good morning everyone!! Today I am very motivated and energized. I woke up this morning and did my Cardio exercise video. I've drank all 64 oz of water today already! I've been so full of energy. I'm so glad it's Wednesday!! I am finally focused and ready to reach my goal. All my clothes have gotten too small or are very tight on me and I hate it! I started the South Beach Diet today phase 1. This morning for breakfast I had eggs, sausage. I also had my glass of lemon water of course with it. I have to admit that I don't care for salads but I'm going to make myself eat it. Size 5 here I come..*YAY*

My husband and I are in the process of remodeling a house before we close on it. It has been very draining financially. We have to paint the whole house, repaint all the walls and fix every broken window. The people that used to live here before us really messed up the house. It's a gorgeous house though. We were suppose to close this week but we're waiting til March now, Thank God! That will help us alot.

Kathy~ I'm with you..I'm getting rid of all the junk food in my house today as well, we can do this!!

Michelle~ Have you heard anything on Shaun yet?? I'm praying for him.

Jaymi~ I am the same as well when I go out and eat too! I feel as long as I don't overeat I'm okay. We have to splurge every once in a while, right??

Sherry~ Good morning Lady!! I'm so glad you're going to be a brownie leader! That's so nice. I signed my daughter up for girl Scouts and they don't have a leader for kindergartners either. You're doing great!! Keep it up!

Angel~ Great job with working out! Way to go!

Michelle~ What is the Swap? LOL!! Your son sounds like mine..:) You've gotta love them!

Deana~ Thnaks, I hate that people are so ignorant. Your day sounds like a Saturday for me! Have a good one.

Spryng~ I just realized our kids are close in age. My husband and I will be married 6 years on Feb. 13th. I have a 5,3(will be 4 Dec.27th) and a 2 year old. I know, if your kids are anything like mine, you're a real busy lady :)

Well back to tending to the kids..I'll be back in a bit!! Everyone else I forgot to mention..may today be a day that we eat healthy and focus on our goals!

SW/CW/GW
160/160/120

melmcc99
10-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Hello All. Hope you are all having a good day so far. I burned 329 calories on the treadmill and then another 20 on the eliptical. That thing is harder than it looks! I did it for about 8 minutes or so just to try it! I also did some stretching with the weight ball. I feel pretty good. Food has been a bit tough, but not bad.

Spryng, did you watch the Biggest Loser last night? I felt so bad for the guy that gained the three pounds. I also wanted to strangle the guy who made a joke about voting that girl off. I hope he gets voted off. That's not team effort teasing people the way he does. When do you start your job? Good luck cleaning today.

Deana, maybe you'll have the coupon today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

MIchelle, any more news on the poison, did it go past his leg?

Crystal, Can't wait to see pics of the house beginnings.

Sherry, good luck at the girl scout meeting. Don't eat any of those donuts!

Kathy, don't worry about yesterday. You are doing the right thing about plugging along today. I know what you mean though. It's hard when you know you did something you shouldn't have and you feel like you messed the whole thing up. But you didn't mess it all up, just one day ...right? You're doing so well! Keep up that spirit and you'll do great!

Jaymi, I'm so glad you found you found someone who you have can relate too. This will really help you along.

Jeniqua, great job on the exercise this morning! Keep up the good work.

Anyway, no call from the doctor yet on Patricks blood work, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

MichelleRae
10-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Update on shaun: It is Leukemia, they don't know what sub type yet but definately Leukemia. They've brought him out of the drug induced coma and he seemed to be feeling better but it could be the heavy meds he's on. They don't want to tell him yet because they kind of want him to get more used to the idea that what's happening can be very serious. Just wanted to update you all.

MichelleRae
10-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Jeniqua go to http://groups.msn.com/momslosingweight and apply to join the group we are having a friendship swap for this holiday season. Its not an xmas swap because some of us don't celebrate the holidays so we are having a friendship swap to send a small token of our friendship and commitment to one another. Deadline to sign up is 10-31-03 and I posted a few rules for the swap on the last thread.

LOL its so funny you called Taylor my son, she is actually my daughter ;) but I always say that I think she should have been a boy lol. Its all my fault I told my doctor I wasn't going to leave the hospital until she was a girl ;)

Have a great day girls, I'm going to go make some phone calls and see if I can get some of Allies Angels in Spokane WA to deliver a meal to Shauns family in the hospital, they can't really afford anything.

TTYL
Michelle

melmcc99
10-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Michelle, thoughts and prayers for shaun. That's really awful!

sherybaby
10-27-2004, 02:23 PM
Michelle,
I'm so sorry to hear about shaun! I don't know what I'd do if it were one of my children! My prayers are definately w/you. If you need an ear you know we're all here!

sydsmom
10-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Good Morning Gals ! I have gotten so much done today! Got the whole main floor of the house done, the living, dining and kitchen. Washed the wood floor by hand and spot cleaned the carpet, etc. I am beat now! So I am done "cleaning" for the day...well deep cleaning...I can't help myself, I am constantly picking things up when they are out of place, so I know that will happen, and I need to fold the laundry that is ALL DONE !!! WHO-HOO!! SO I am pumped!

Michelle - I am so sorry to hear about Shaun...I know that you will be such a wonderful person to have in his life. Whatever we can do to help you make a difference, LET US KNOW! Its people like you that made The Scott Family so successful to raise the money,etc, since we all know that nothing can be accomplished alone! I'm praying hard, hunny! :)

Crystal - Glad that things are going so well! Keep us updated! When is the expected finish date?

Spryng - I saw the whole episode last night, I was not surprised at all that they didn't lose as much. THe first week was all the water weight and getting all the toxins out from what they were eating before. I liked the read team too. I like their trainer better, but the 'funny guy" and the one that won't work as hard is really bothering me! ITs not on for another 2 weeks, and I guess that (according to the previews) they make a lot of progress and things are going better for both teams) Did you see what they had to do to call home (as a preview for next week?? EAT A GIANT CINNAMON ROLL WITH TONS OF FROSTING!!! How rude!!! LOL! :lol:

Melissa - Keeping my fingers crossed for you too! :) I hope it is nothing seroious with Patrick. I hear ya about the food being a challenge...that is the one thing that is pulling me. I love sliced deli roast beef and I almost bought some at the store yesterday.....I was talking to myself out loud so I would stay away from it! LOL! :lol:

Shaniqua - I understand the stress of remodeling to sell a house, that is what my parents are going through too, and I (being an only child) am asked about every little detail, so I get stressed that I am giving them the right advise!

Sherry - I know, it always ends up being the same moms, but just think that you could help make a diference in some young womens lives, and it is their loss fi they don't want to experience that! so HA! LOL!

Jaymi - MOVING? yeah, fill me in too! I must have missed that! LOL!! I understand about going out, and eating your moneys worth...anywhere we go, I try and always order a "lite" item or something that they hae marked healthy, or low carb, etc. It usually tastes just as good! :)

Deana - You are doing awesome, and I love the sound effects. LOL! I was dying laughing while doign that, and picturing a smart a@@ look on your face while you were sayign that! ;) Have fun at the parties! :)

Kathy - Take one day at a time, its all you can do! Better yet take it half a day at a time. If you screw up on breakfast, make it right at lunch, etc! You can do it! :) We are here for you!

Angel - WAY to go!!! YOu are getting right back on track like you wanted....I bet that posting here again is helping...admitt it, you like us, you need us! LOL! Im a brat I know! :)

Love to anyone I missed!:) Have a great OP day! :grouphug:

bobsgal
10-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Michelle- Just wanted to let you know how sorry I am about Shaun. I'm praying for your family.
Mel- Way to go on the workout. I went to the gym for the first time last night. I used the treadmill and tried some of the weight machines. We are going again tonight. I think I'm going to try the elliptical tonight and maybe the stepper. I can't wait to meet with the trainer on Friday.
Jeniqua- My anniversary is Feb 12. Good luck on South Beach and with your house.
Crystal- Can't wait to see the pics.
Well I have to go for now. Time to pick up the kids from school. Be back later.
Steph

sydsmom
10-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Steph - WTG on the exercise! I can't until my period comes, but I can walk! So that is what I will be doing! :)

melmcc99
10-27-2004, 03:06 PM
Steph, great job at the gym last night. Good luck with the trainer too. You'll love it! It's hard work though. That's for sure.

Kristin, Hey there girl. Any pd. yet??? Are ya PMS'ing? Glad you got lots done today. Wanna come here and do some. They gym is taking up so much time, that the house is suffering the daily cleanups. Actually, it's suffering 4 out of 5 cleanups. I just get to straightening in the afternoon and do laundry and dinner prep and then I do my end of day run through, but that's doesn't seem to be enough. Oh well, at least my time at the gym is getting in and that's what's really important right now. ttyl

melmcc99
10-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Kristin, lol, you snuck in on me and answered my question about the pd.....

spryng
10-27-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm back! LOl....
I got a great two hour nap in. Boy do I feel better. I was so tired all morning. I got everything on my list cleaned but the laundry room and I figure I can do it after dinner tonight. But I attacked my dd's room and half way through I lost all energy. So I sat on the bed and supervised, lol... and then vacuumed. It was a mess in there. Tomorrow I hit Bubba's room. Not looking forward to it. But I used to make them clean their rooms before bed at night, every night and they stayed so clean... I need to go back to that, especially since I will be gone soon everyday for 9 hours, and an extra child will be here to make messes. I need some order back around here, you know?
But anyway, my day has been going fine. Looking forward to Lost and Wife Swap tonight. What are you all watching tonight?

Steph, you didn't say anything about yourself.. how are you doing today?

Kristin, if that is what PMS does to you, makes you a cleaning freak, lol... let me have some too!! LOL! You have been burning calories today! What challenge did the teams have to do last night and what did they win? more lard? Anyone been cheating on their diets? I love that show, I hate that I missed most of it.

Michelle, so sorry to hear about Shaun. It broke my heart to read that. What is the next step? how bad is it? Keep us updated ok?

Mel, great job on the exercise! And yes, I caught the last 10 min of the biggest loser... I felt bad hearing that guy gained 3 lbs, but after a 22 lbs loss the first week and working out so hard I'm sure it was all muscle! I wish he could have seen that. There was no way it was fat. And I start my new job Nov 8. I'm so excited about it!

Jeniqua, how tall are you? A size 5 sounds great!!! I'm almost there myself. I forgot to tell everyone I put on an old pair of size 6's the other day (the only pair I had) and they fit perfectly!! Not too snug, just right. All my 8's were falling off me. I haven't went and bought anymore 6's, I'm waiting. So for now you just see me constantly pulling up my drawers, lol. And yes, our kids and our marriages are similar! LOL. My two oldest turn 5,4 in december also! Dec 6 for my ds and dec 24 for my dd. And you are right, I stay pretty busy just chasing after them, lol.

Crystal, how is the progress going today? And how are you feeling? When is your next appointment?

Michelle, I looked for that questionaire but didn't find it... have you posted it yet? Sorry to keep bothering you, lol.

OK, gotta go seperate the kids.. I think they are trying to kill one another. TTYL!

sharqueen76
10-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Hello Ladies..I wanted to stop in quick and ask if you could pray for my mother..she's in the hospital with Congested Heart Failure..Thanks! I'll stop in later!!

melmcc99
10-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Jeniqua, Prayers are of course with you and your mother. I'm sorry to hear she is ill.

Chubba
10-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Well, HELLLLLLLOOOOOOO everyone!

Welcome newbies! I'm Geri, part-time SAHM to Will (3.5) and Tony (1.5). I just started working 3 days a week so I don't get too much time to post anymore. I've also been heading up the scale instead of down so that probably has something to do with it too :o .

Spryng...I want to take Will to Shark Tale but I'm afraid he won't sit either...but if I get him a bucket of popcorn he just might. :lol: Size 6???? Congrats you ........ (insert pet name here). I'm just jealous, you know! You deserve a whole new wardrobe!!

Michelle..sorry about Shaun...I have to go back and catch up. I just read today's thread but have missed a couple of days. Hugs to you and your family... extended and all.

Janiqua...so sorry about your Mother...hope all works out well.

Crystal...looking forward to the pictures. How many more are left on the camera?? We're so impatient aren't we?

Mel, WTG on all the exercising. It's the only thing that has saved me from not gaining ALL my weight back. I can only imagine what would have happened had I stopped exercising :o .

Kristin...I've sent TOM your way...he just left my house :lol: . I need to catch up on you too...but sounds like you're waiting for him.

Hi Steph, Sherry, Deana, Candi...anyone else I missed.

Last night I did the 4 mile walk after dinner. I was impressed since it was a work day...I usually don't do anything. This morning I did the 3 mile power walk (my usual). Eating has been my downfall lately. Don't know what that's all about. Even if I don't buy junk food I find things to eat...like pb&j or something. Why don't I just grab a yogurt or fruit??? I went grocery shopping today and stocked up so hopefully that will help. Sunday is Halloween and although I didn't buy any chocolate to hand out I know the boys will be bringing it home. I will just have to exercise some self control!!

Hope you all have a great day. I need to check out a few more things then start getting stuff ready for work tomorrow. The more I get together in the evening, the better my morning goes. TTYL!!

chrily
10-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Jeniqua-Prayers to your mother and your family. My MIL has been hospitalized 3 times in the last year for CHF and she also has emphesyma. It's so scary.

Michelle-Prayers are going on to Shaun too. I am so sorry to hear about both Shaun and Jeniqua's mom.

Seems like there is so much happening...

On a lighter note...I walked a mile today...carrying Nicole of course...looking for that D*** pumpkin. We have a general area, but no luck yet. It's good that I got some exercise in though. I'm right on track today.

Don't have much time for personals. I have to go do the 2 yr. old roundup again. Kyle (my nephew) and Nicole are too busy for their own good.

~ chris

Angel Marie
10-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Jenquia-Prayers will be coming from my way also. :angel:

Afternoon all you other chicks.

Just a quick post to let ya know my OP fell through right after dh went to work.Plus I think that dreaded week will be here soon also,I know thats know excuse,I just haven't learned how to control my impulses all the time.I know it's doable I just got to do it.Since my dh went to work at 3 i've had an apple with peanut butter,nachos and cheese,chex mix,and a minni candybar.WOW that is alot when you write it out like that.I'll skip supper I think I can,I think I can. :D.One of you girls need to come over here and put duct tape on my mouth and hands to keep my eating under control.lol
Were having Hotdogs wit mac and cheese and baked beans for supper.I don't need to eat that stuff anyhow.Well I guess that s all for now.
I'm going to try and get me one of those weight trackers now.Ya'll will know if I did it or not.ttyl

Angel Marie
10-27-2004, 05:25 PM
yeah i'm not a total ******.lol :lol: I have a tracker to.

Chubba
10-27-2004, 05:31 PM
Angel...I'll duct tape you if you duct tape me!!!
Ooooo...that sounds kind of funny...if you know what I mean! LOL

sydsmom
10-27-2004, 05:48 PM
HI ladies! Dd down for a snooze, and I am bumming around here..its so funny, I stop to look at my clean rooms, and savor the moment before walking through them...I know its only a matter of time before they are torn apart again! LOL! I am going to take some pictures..since a long time ago it was MY idea to take pics of the inside and outside of our home...just because I love design! ;)

Spryng - They had to have a bake sale! LOL! at disney land....they had 2 hours to make as many treats,etc to sell and then had 1 hour ( i think) to sell as much as they could! The team that sold the most got a say at the spa! also since it was an uneven weigh in now, from now on, whichever team wins the challenge gets to pick whos weigh in doesn't count for the team with the odd number! (hope I explained that right!LOL!) This coming week there won't be that problem because now they have each voted one off! They also threw in a twist that whoever was the first one to lick their fingers while baking, etc...their team got 50% of the mney raised knocked off their total!! NO ONE LICKED! I was so glad! :) LOL! I think that is all that I can remember...OH I forgot to tell you, that there are repeats of the show on MOndays at 7pm on the USA network, so you could watch it! LOL! also the web site is really cool that NBC has set up for them....it even tells about the diets that the 2 teams are on, and you can set up your own diet plan too! I encourage ALL of you to check it out!:) Pretty cool! here is the link: http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/

Geri - glad that you are here! Way to go on the exercising, and sounds like you are tryiing to get the eating part under control, good choice to stock the fridge full of good snacks! To you and Angel...have you seen those 00 calorie packs of snacks that they offer at the grocery store now. I bought the wheat thins ons, and they are great! I dip them in FF ranch.....um...not bad at all! :) As for the TOM thing, yeah youve missed some...haven't had one since july, and want to have another baby..so need some ovulation for that to happen! :lol: so I got a shot that will induce TOM and in roughly 10 days he should be here and my cycle (cross your fingers) will be back to normal! :)

Angel - Girl, you better eat dinner! that is the worst thing you could do is not eat! Just have a salad or veggies...something....but healthy! Are your kids picky eaters..sydney is not, and she will eat whatever I make, so I just focus on making something healthy for me to eat, and in turn she eats heathly too! Check out our moms losing weight sight, its got some great recipes that others have posted, and they TASTE GREAT TOO!! :)

Jeniqua - Prayers are coming your way too hun. I'm so sorry about your mother, that would be so stressful....hang in there!

Mel - HI! :wave: Hope you are having a great afternoon! :)

Chris - YAY for OP days! ;) Way to go! :) Hope the rest of your day is just as good! :)

okay ladies going to my parents for dinner and said I would make dessert....just remembered and I have to be there in half an hour! WHOOPS! SO I gotta go and get the crustless pumplin pie going, might have to finish it over there! LOL! :)
See you all later! love and hugs to all that need them! :)

spryng
10-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Just got finished with dinner. Yummy! I love fish and fries! Hit the spot.

Kristin, that is too funny about a bake sale... those poor people. Do they seem to be minding it at all? I mean do they really want to give in to their cravings? And thanks for that link! I'm going to check it out right after I post here. Enjoy that pie for me too!! I may pop one in the oven tonight myself... I just bought some ff cool whip... mmmm... Have fun at your parents!

Angel, I agree 100% with Kristin... DO NOT SKIP DINNER! It will only make you ravenous and then you'll binge later on because of it. So just find something light and I'll give you some good advice... make healthy things for your kids dinners too! They are never too young to teach to eat healthy. In fact, you can get ff hot dogs and light buns and make it much healthier... you can also lighten up mac n cheese by using ff milk and no butter in it (I'm assuming it's a box one right?) So I feel everything has a healthy alternative, you just have to really want it. And get yourself one hot dog and 1/2 cup mac and cheese and drink lots of water tonight, or skip the mac and cheese and eat the beans with your hot dog. You can do this!!! I know you can. But for one you need to quit cooking things that will tempt you (mac and cheese is one of my downfalls so I stopped making it unless I have pts to spare) But don't let some bad eating today ruin the rest of your day, don't say O-well, I messed up I'll start over tomorrow and eat crap the rest of the night... instead say I messed up but my next meal I'll get it right and keep moving forward. Always move forward. Ok, I'll stop harping at you, lol... I just want to see you succeed.

Chris, that pumpkin hunting sounds fun! And it is exercise so that is great!

Geri, you know how to butter me up, lol.. I always get goosebumps when I hear about my pet name, I know you love me, LOL! And yes, popcorn probably would have helped my ds sit better but we ate right before getting there so I didn't want to waste money on popcorn but I should have anyway, lol. Lesson Learned, lol.

Jeniqua, so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll keep her in my thoughts. How bad is it?

Well, I better get off here. I want to get some crochet in and relax until Lost starts tonight. TTYL!

mamawithdreams
10-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Hello all. Just checking in again. I'll try to post later or in the morning.
Michelle, my prayers are totally with all of you and Shaun. How old is he?

SharQueen, my prayers are with your mother and you and your family.

Not alot of progress today except they will start rough plumbing tomorrow and that's great. I'll talk more later, gotta get dinner ready. TTYL

MichelleRae
10-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Hey girls thanks for all the prayers I will be putting up a caring bridge site for shaun tonight and I will send the link to you all! Also I will be putting up the questionaire for the swap tonight so look for it tomorrow :)

Sorry but I really needed a nap today I was up late studying.

Okay time to get ready for work
Love to all
Michelle

sharqueen76
10-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Hello Ladies..My mom is doing good. They're running tests on her to see why she doesn't have energy and why she's so tierd all the time. Thank you for your prayers! They are greatly appreciated!

Michelle~ I am continuing to pray for Shaun as well and his family

Steph~ How long have you been married? I've done the South Beach Diet and I had great results from it in the past. Oh, I soo can't wait til we're done doing everything with this house..money pit.. :)

Geri~ I'm with you on practicing self control when it comes to chocolate :). We can do it though. Lets kick this bad habit in the butt.

Spyrng~ I am only 5 ft tall. I weigh 160 pounds. 2 Summers ago I was back into a size 5 again and I know I can do it again. Right now I am a size 10/12. It's a wonderful feeling though when everything is soo baggy on you though, isn't it?? If only I could run, the weight would just fall off like before. Sometimes from chasing the kids all the time I just lose weight like crazy without even having to diet..LOL! Here's to a healthy lifestlye of eating!

Everything over here is good. The kids were extra hyper today. I didn't even give them any sugar today either. They were all gone by 6pm. Tonight I am feeling extra motivated to workout a second time. I will be doing the WATP 4. My mother is overweight and alot of her medical problems stem from that. I plan to be here a long time for my kids. I made a promise to myself growing up that when I had kids I was going to be skinny and eat healthy so they can have a healthy and hip mom :). My mom was never able to be very active due to her weight. My mom almost passed away 2 years ago and it was then I decided to make a lifestyle of healthy eating and living. I have a twin sister(fraternal) and we both made up our minds to do this. That summer I was at my goal 120 pounds(I ran 2miles everyday and worked out in the gym everyday as well). My sister had a rought start but then proceeded to go on the Atkins diet and has since then lost 70 pounds! She started out at a size 28 and is now in a size 14!! I am soo proud of her. I come from a family of large women and I long to see many family members to lose weight. All throughout high school I never had to worry about my weight until I got married and had kids. In high school I was a size 3/4 my senior year. Now I am at my highest and am hating it! So today, I make a promise to myself and to all of you that I will eat only healthy choices and exercise at least 6 days a week. My goal is to also drink 90 oz of water a day! Thank you ladies for all your encouraging words..We can all do this!! Here's to success!:)

Angel Marie
10-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Well I did have supper kind of it was a sucker.I'm really not hungry and I plan on going to bed soon after the kids.

Spryng-I do cook everything healthy as possible.I only buy ff milk and ff spray butter.Thanks for your support.I plan on doing a much better job tomorrow and hopefully I won't go on an eating frinzy after dh leaves for work.I'm still doing good with my water.It's the eating and exercising I have to get better at.I try to think that way as much as possible but some days are better than others.All though since i've got my thyroid under control i've been having alot better days lately.

Kristen-Thanks i'll be sure to check out that sight.

Well my kids are still up they had RA"S and GA's at church tonight so they are getting in the bed later.Gotta go their moving furniture.

Love to all chickidies

bobsgal
10-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Jeniqua- My prayers are with you and your family. And to answer your question, we will have been married for 6 years this coming February.

Spryng- look back at yesterdays thread. I posted a bit about myself there.

Kristin- I'm going to check out that thread as well. Last night was the first time I watched that show as I usually work on Tuesday nights. I'm going to have to tape it from now on. Of course now I have to wait 2 weeks since it won't be on next week because of the election.

Chris- good luck finding that pumpkin. Hey at least it's getting you some exercise, right?

Geri- Nice to meet you. Bravo on the 4 miles.

Angel- sorry your having a hard time being op right now. You can do this. We are all here for you.

Well, as for me, we went to the gym again tonight. I tried the elliptical and the stepper. I wish I had joined a gym a lot sooner. It is actually fun to work out in that kind of setting. After the gym, we went to Target for a few things, and just missed running into Donovan McNabb, who happened to be there. For those of you who don't know of him, he is the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback. Talk about a buzz going through the store. The man in front of me in line even forgot his credit card what with all the excitement. I turned it in so hopefully he realizes that he left it and goes back for it. He's lucky that I'm an honest person. I'm sure if it got into the wrong hands alot of damage could be caused. So, what are everyone's kids dressing up as for Halloween? My daughter is being Cinderella and my son is being Batman. I believe my stepdaughter is being a girl from the 50's, poodle skirt and all. This is going to be a busy weekend. On Friday, I have my daughters Halloween party and parade at scholl from 11:10-12:45, then I have to go to my son's school for his party and parade from 1:00-2:45. I have to pick up my stepdaughter at 4 and take all the kids to the high school to go trick or treating through the halls. Then it's home for dinner and off to the gym to meet with the trainer. Boy, I'm getting tired just thinking about it. So, I don't know how much I'll be in this weekend, but from what I've read so far, it tends to slow down on the weekends here. Well gotta get the kids lunches made for tomorrow then its off to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Steph

Deana1113
10-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Geeeeesh!!! Ladies! I thought I was long winded :rofl:

I am sooooo proud of me! :D At Abby's preschool party I resisted fudge striped cookies with hershey's kisses on top, at school I resisted a sugar cookie with chocolate on the bottom and sprinkles and then at scouts I resisted birthday cake ice-cream....WOOHOOOO!!!!! Talk about seeing goals! Then I came home and had beef stew with croutons for supper and dry cereal for a snack and I'm still almost 200 calories short for the day and not hungry :) .

Michelle: I will be keeping Shaun and his family in my thoughts. How scary.

Kristin: You cleaning fool you! I don't live far from you...(hint, hint). Wtg to on the cals burned. I definitly had that look on my face while I typed it :rofl:

Mel: WTG on the workout today. Nothing in the mail today, should be tomorrow then dh can stay home with the kids Friday morning while I go check it out...hehe!

Spryng: Glad the movie was cute. Sorry ds didn't sit well. Mine don't either. Glad you got a nap in today.

Jeniqua: Will keep your mom in my thoughts as well.

Geri: WTG on the walk! STAY AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE!!!

Sherry: You're right, it's always the same parents doing everything. Is there any Leader training for Brownies? I attended Leader training for cub scouts a little over a week ago and it gives you alot of insight. Check into it.

Angel: WTG on the excercise this morning! Shame on the food! Stay away from mac and cheese....do you realize how many calories are in that stuff? It used to be one of my faves too until I looked at the box and saw just what I had been eating. It really made me see how I got to where I am now. It takes me twice as long to grocery shop now because I read every label as I go. Just don't skip eating, keep that metabolism going!

Chris: WTG on the walking! Keep looking, that darned pupmkin is there, probably right under your noses ;)

Steph: WTG on the gym! Mel sent me a coupon for Curves and as soon as I get it I'm going to check it out. I can't afford to pay all of what it costs to join so I'm hoping this coupon will be a great discount and dh can get me a membership for my birthday....hehe. I already put the bug in my mom's ear that that's what I really want. So if she can pitch in and mil gives me money like usual I cna atleast get started.

Crystal: Glad to hear they are progressing well. How did re-starting school go this week so far?

Well, dh wil be home from his 4 hour stint at work in about 45 minutes and I'm getting tired. I know it's late and I don't even know if everyone will read this but I want to wish everyone a
HAPPY ON PLAN DAY for tomorow. Together we can beat the fat monster!!!

TTYL

MichelleRae
10-28-2004, 12:19 AM
Okay they have typed Shauns Leukemia and it is ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) I guess it has the highest survival rate of all the sub types so I'm praying for him. My sister and I are setting up fundraising events and will be setting up a trust for him.

I'm off to set up the questionaire at the msn group site so stop by and check it out. :D
Michelle

Jaymi_Dol_78
10-28-2004, 01:32 AM
Ok, I missed tons and ton of stuff! But I just have time to update, it's 1:30 am!!! So tomorrow I'll get personal. I did exercise for 20 minutes. Thats pretty much all I could get done. My whole body is sore from yesterday's workout. I did ok with food.. until I ate my dh's zebra cake. (over 330 calories) whoo! But anyways just got my daughter to sleep and gotta go! Bye all

Bayleysmom
10-28-2004, 03:35 AM
New Thread. Go To Desperate Housewives #279