Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2001, 08:02 PM   #1  

This group is doing lots of traveling for middle of the winter.

We are all home with head colds and I want to go out and get my new kitchen rack and get organized. Of course, I took the day off from work, so I am energized.

I have planned out two weeks of menus and food for myself and family and hopeful that it gets me through the TOM with better losing results. Usually I just hang around the same number of the scale. And if I could breath I could get onto the ski machine, but right now I feel like an accident waiting to happen.

Have a great weekend,

Dena, hope the connections get sorted out, fustrating.

Liza 195/189.5/140
Old 02-24-2001, 09:22 PM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Happy Saturday Everybody~~

Liza~~~I hope your cold and sore throat will be gone real soon

Dena~~~I wondered where you went. I hope you get your board problems corrected asap.
I'm sure the weight I lost last week will not stay there. In the past when I lose that much at once it hasn't stayed consistant. I'm just thrilled that I broke thru the plateau I was stuck in for so long

The next 3-4 weeks are going to get busy for me so i hope that will help me to either burn more calories or take in less.
I return to work next weekend and I have 2 landscape plans due in 4 weeks and of course there is gardening I want to do.

Well everybody have a wonderful weekend !!
~~~Sil
Old 02-25-2001, 03:08 AM   #3  
snerdlet

hi guys -
I just thought I would drop in and say hello. I am taking off for DC again for a week. This trip should be better than the last because I have a better flight (boeing 777) and a better hotel. I am traveling with a co-worker who is also trying to lose weight so no going over the top at the fancy restaurants. So with any luck I will be back here to read the posts on Friday. Have a great week you guys.
Pat

Old 02-25-2001, 06:58 PM   #4  

Good Morning everyone,

Been real busy. It seems that I am the substitute for everyone lately. I subbed three days last week at my daughters school and twice for people at work. I was supposed to sub for someone last night at work but I got someone to sub for me. Brielle my little one was up all Friday night throwing up and I've been fighting a cold and sore throat so enough is enough. Brielle is much better. Must have been a 24 hour bug or something she ate. And I have recovered. I went to bed early like the kids last night.

LIZA-Hope you are feeling better. Isn't it hard to slow down and take care of yourself when you are sick? It is for me.

SIL: Congrats on your 3# loss. That's awesome. I'm crossing my fingers that it stays off for you.

DENA- Whatever happened with your foot. I wasn't around for awhile. Is everything ok?

PAT- Have a good trip if I haven't missed you already. That's great that your traveling partner is also watching what they eat. That would help me here if my family would do the same thing!

Well it's rainy and dreary here. Having a birthday dinner for my 83yr. old Mom today. It should be ok food wise since I don't usually eat much when I cook. I'll send the cake home with them.

I've mostly been working on my water. Have seen an improvement with the scale. I actually saw 226 one day. That's my first 20# goal. But I usually go up and down daily 1 to 3 pounds. So atleast I never see 230 anymore.

Have put off walking until I feel better. Hopefully that will be this week some time.

Have a Good Day All. It's nice to be back.

Take Care,
Sharon

[This message has been edited by shashe (edited 02-25-2001).]
Old 02-25-2001, 09:14 PM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning Everybody

It's warm and wet here in Georgia. Can't be outside in the garden so I guess I better do my homework that is due tomorrow

Pat~~~ I hope you have a wonderful time in NY. We'll miss ya while you're gone.

Sharon~~~Congratulations on losing your first 20 lbs!!! Way to go. Say goodbye to the 30's, hello 20's and here I come teens. You did so well on the last 20#'s the next 20 will here sooner than you realize.
Check your PM's.

Yesterday my DH brought me home a hamburger for lunch (double Whopper). I hadn't eaten breakfast and I haven't had a burger in like forever~so I ate it. Kept points very low at dinner. Then checked out the points of the burger online. 23 points That's my alotment for the whole day. I was so bummed out for the rest of the evening.

I knew for sure that this morning my scale would say "Oh my God woman, what did you do to yourself?" Thankfully, it stayed the same Can't do that again. I will always have a better idea of the point value before it goes in my mouth;D

For those that are in the challenge~~don't forget to update
~~~Sil

------------------
"NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS"
[email protected]
Old 02-26-2001, 05:34 PM   #6  

Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing well.

We had a bad ice, sleet, snow, rain storm on Sat. A little of everything. Good thing we had done our getting around on Fri. It was so nasty. We got up to 52 degrees during the night Sat. and then it got cold again yesterday. Went out to church, then stayed in for the rest of the day. Was afraid we would "blow" away.

Gotta get back to the t/mill. Took 2 days off, and shouldn't have done that. I tend to eat more if I don't exercise. I like to go down at 9:00 A.M. and can watch the last of the Today show while I'm walking. Makes the time go faster. Still don't like it.

Sil....hope you thoroughly enjoyed your "double Whopper" Those things are soooo good, like you, haven't had one in an age. I guess once in a while (a long while) it won't hurt.

shashe....hope everyone is fully recovered at your house. I hate being sick, but always hated it worse when my kids got sick.

Pat.....it's hard traveling, going to restaurants etc. and trying to lose weight. Good luck, at least you have a companion who is trying too.

Liza....hope you and your family are all on the mend too. Two weeks worth of menus!!! that's an accomplishment. Good for you, I go from day to day. Have stuff in my freezer, but then again there are only the two of us, and DH will eat anything I put on the table, so I'm lucky in that respect.

Ladies, I just got my first copy of Reiman publications, "Light and Tasty" I also get "Quick Cooking" and "Taste of Home" and love them too, but this one looks very promising. The nutritional information is on EVERY recipe, makes it easy to figure points. The recipes looked great. It's worth the money to me. I have every copy of each of the magazines I've gotten over the years, keep going back to them.

Almost breakfast time, so........have a good day everyone.

------------------
Keep on keeping on!
Ellie
Old 02-26-2001, 10:57 PM   #7  

Good Morning, Everyone!

Well, I just hopped on the scale and nothing. I stayed the same. What gives with that?

I know I was out of town, but I did try hard. I even brought fruits, veggies, luna bars and water to make sure we didn't have to go out to eat at restaurants all the time. We even walked in the malls for exercise. Sheesh. Okay, okay I'll stop whining.LOL I'll just have to get busy this week and shake things up a bit.

Sil, so glad to hear that you are feeling better and better. And now you are out there in the garden and also doing landscaping projects. I'm sooo impressed that you recovered so quickly. Faaaaaantastic!! Oh, and forget about the whopper. We all need a break once-in-a-while. I think it's great that you didn't gain any of those fabulous 3 lbs. back!

Liza, hope you and your family are feeling a lot better. Smart idea about making menu ideas... planning ahead for two weeks yet!

Pat, have fun in DC! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Sharon, the strangest thing about my foot... Well, I went to my HMO and saw 2 stupid people. A Nurse Practicioner looked at my hurt foot and sent me to an Internal Medicine guy, who was afraid to even touch my foot... let alone take any X-rays or anything. He signed me up to see a foot doctor, which is who I wanted to see in the first place. My appointment is on March 12th! Hello!! In the meantime I babied my foot, stayed off of it for a few weeks, played around with different kinds of shoes and somehow I healed it, because it doesn't hurt anymore. Do I still see the foot doc in March or will that bring me more stress?LOL

Ellie, your cooking publications sound great. Can you buy these in a bookstore?

Well, I better get some work done around here. I've got tons of laundry, a billion chores to do and have to stand in line at the post office. Sounds like a fun day. Not!

Hope everyone has an OP day!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 02-27-2001, 02:55 AM   #8  
Check out my homepage=>

Howdy, Gals!

Just thought I'd check in...still mostly OP, having missed that goal only once this week. Weighed in today instead of Wednesday (not sure why - maybe excited?!) and am happy to report...-1.5! Now down to 121! That despite a bad day Saturday (the only day I was off-program). Was working at stepdaughter's house (remodeling) and had to choose between eating junk & not eating at all. Decided that not eating was just plain foolish, considering the work I was doing. Looks like it was the better choice, as I still lost!

Hope everyone's weekend was wonderful. Have a "loser" of a week, everyone!

------------------
-Liz
125/121/105
"Half of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up to get it." -Bill Phillips
Old 02-27-2001, 04:29 AM   #9  
Dave Matthews Addict

Hi, everyone!

I know that I've been AWOL for a while (again!) but things here have been terribly hectic, between school, work, visiting a friend in the hospital, and feeling a little under the weather, I've been terribly busy.

I'm sad to report that I went on vacation last weekend and ate like crazy. So I let myself spend the rest of that week off program, hoping that maybe I just wasn't eating enough and that's why I felt miserable. It wasn't. So now I'm four pounds heavier and still sick. Yuck.

I've not had time to catch up, so I can't quite post individually yet. I wanted to say hello though, and I'm going to be back now, hopefully!

Kendra
Old 02-27-2001, 07:07 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Welcome back Kendra. I just sent you a PM.
Hope to see ya more often and I'm glad you joined the Challenge with us. We only have a few weeks until St. Pat's so let's all stay OP until then.

Liz~~~Congratulations on losing 1.5 pounds !!
I'm with you, let's all have a loser of a week.

Ellie~~~I also got the first issue of Light and Tastey. The recipies look good but I haven't figured out the points yet. I also love Cooking Light. It also lists the nutritional info w/each recipe. Maybe this week I'll try a new recipe.

Dena~~~ So glad that your foot is feeling better.

Today is my B-Day (47 ) and I'm going out to lunch with a friend. I will do my best to chose wisely and try to stay OP.
~~~Sil

[This message has been edited by 2BFIT1 (edited 02-27-2001).]
Old 02-27-2001, 05:33 PM   #11  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIL

Hope you have a good day!!!

------------------
Keep on keeping on!
Ellie
Old 02-27-2001, 06:30 PM   #12  

IT'S PARTY TIME.........

LET'S CELEBRATE!!!.....IT'S SIL'S BIRTHDAY!!!

CELEBRATION TIME...COME ON!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIL...HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIL

You are loved!!!

Carla
Old 02-27-2001, 06:41 PM   #13  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIL!!!!!

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO....

THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY....

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO

WELL, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA....

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO...

THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO...

WE'RE GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME...

I think those are the words, but it's only 4:37 a.m. here.LOL In any event, have a happy, happy birthday, Sil!! (Oh, by the way, in case this makes no sense, you sing this to the Beatles tune.)

Hugs,
Dena
Old 02-27-2001, 07:38 PM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

Thanks everybody for all the b-day posts and PM's. I'm very fortunate to have such a great group of cyber-friends.
~~~Sil
Old 02-27-2001, 08:13 PM   #15  

Good morning!

Liz Congratulations on losing that 1.5 pounds

Sil Happy Birthday to yo-o-o-ouuuu
Happy Birthday to yoooo-o-o-ou
Happy Birthday, Dear Si-i-illll,
Happy Birthday tooooo youooooooo!!

Jeri

252/242/130
Closed Thread