General Diet Plans and Questions - Can anyone tell me...?

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me...?

doulachic
10-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Hi all. a friend of mine mentioned a diet in which you eat your fruits, carbs, and protiens seperately and at different times of the day, but she didn't know the specifics. can anyone out there tell me more about this, or at least the name so i can research it myself? any info is appreciated, pro or con... ;)

thanks!

srmb60
10-26-2004, 10:14 AM
How about food combining? Has something to do with mixing things for proper digestion.

aphil
10-26-2004, 12:10 PM
The Suzanne Somers plan (Somersizing) has food combinations...fruits eaten alone...and there are certain ways to combine the veggies, proteins, and carbs. That may be what she is talking about...

I personally don't buy into the whole food combining thing myself. If I eat the same calories per day...and eat whole, minimally processed foods...I don't find that I have ever lost weight any faster or slower if I ate oatmeal for breakfast and a piece of fruit alone as a snack-or actually ate the fruit along with my oatmeal in the morning.

I have read the Suzanne Somers book...and I don't think it is the food "combining" that has helped her lose weight...it was replacing processed carbs (heavily processed and refined bread and pastas, etc.) with better for you carbs-such as fruits, veggies, and whole grain pastas instead.

Not all carbs are created equal...

doulachic
10-26-2004, 11:54 PM
thanks for your responses! I think i will just stick with my reduced calorie eating...i like my meals to be normal! LOL

thanks again. :)