Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-25-2004, 02:41 PM   #1  

Default Any Tae Bo lovers out here?

Hi there! My name is Margaret and I have been using the Tae Bo workout tapes for about 2 months now and love them! I have the Tae Bo Cardio dvd and the "Ripped" advanced workout and boy, that one is a killer!
I have 2 boys, Joshua my 1 yr old and David is 3 1/2. I have spent the past 2 1/2 years losing 160 pounds going from 315 to 155! Now i'm really just learning how to maintain but have a lot of "issues" about where to go now? kwim?

Thanks for reading
Maggs
bluedaisy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:59 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Hi, Maggs! Congratulations on losing all that weight! I tried TaeBo and as much fun as I had, it killed my knees. I do better with Kathy Smith kickboxing. I do it all but the jumps. My knees can't handle it!

Check out our Maintainers forum. That is the perfect place to keep you where you're at!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:40 AM   #3  

Hi Maggs. I am Gabrielle. I love to do Taebo also. I was doing the advanced Taebo Live but haven't in a couple of weeks. I planned on fitting it back into my workout schedule since I need to lose my thighs and it has a part that concentrates on just that. Since I ran about 5 miles today, I think that tomorrow I will run 3 and do my taebo again. I haven't tried the ones you have but want to get news ones as soon as the advanced one I have becomes easy for me.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:49 AM   #4  

Thanks so much for answering my post! Tae Bo is great. I am addicted to it. I do rotate TaeBo with a little step aerobics. The one thing I would like to add into my routine is some floor work and weights. I was thinking of asking about Pilates. I see people asking about it and trying it and never heard anything negative about it.
Have a great day!
Maggs
Highest weight: 315
Current weight: 156
bluedaisy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:26 AM   #5  

Hi, Maggs. Much congratulations on your loss very inspiring! I have the old TaeBo tapes and when I did them regularly - I got great results. B/C the weather is really great here usually I tend to like to do outside activities, so i have not done TaeBo in a while. I also have Winsor Pilates DVDs and these things are great! I highly recommend them. I typically do the 20 minute, b/c it's quick yet effective and b/c I have tried the advanced and don't feel advanced enough which is actually pretty great, b/c it is something to work up to. You sweat more than you expect and your "core" gets an amazing workout! Your arms, butt and legs soon follow suit. It's interesting how things get lifted and start to change shape and your posture and walk change a bit. You feel taller and stronger, kind of like a dancer. Try it! Would love to know your thoughts!
txlawchic is offline   Reply With Quote