South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 10:13 AM   #1  

Default New to South Beach Diet from 6WBMO

Hi, I am interested in seeing if anyone tried the 6 week body makeover before doing the SOuth Beach Diet. I lost about 17 pounds on the 6WBMO and have gained several back. I just cannot live long term on that diet. It is too restrictive and one day off the plan and I gain 4 pounds. I am so tired of it. I ate bad this weekend so I am hitting the 6WBMO plan hard this week since I know I can lose about 5 pounds by next Monday (11/1) then I am going to start the South Beach Diet. Does anyone know if I will gain weight first due to switching plans? I need to do something new. I wieghed 164 when I started, today I was at 157, but I"m really bloated and feel sick, so I know I can be at 152 by end of week. I just want to get to 140. My size 12's are too big and my 10's are too small. Help! I can use any and all advice.

Thanks
Sher
Old 10-25-2004, 10:40 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sher, welcome!

SBD is really, to my way of thinking, a change in lifestyle...a way of eating that you keep for life because you believe it improves your health, not just your weight. Since you are so close to goal, you are unlikely to see a huge drop during Phase 1. Just keep that in mind, and make sure you read the book!
Old 10-25-2004, 12:35 PM   #3  

Laurie - thanks for the input. I read the book last week and was impressed with the fact that I was not eliminating carbs for a long time and that I was learning about good carbs. The 6WBMO is great, however doing it long term is very hard. The Living Lean section of their plan is basically stay on the plan for 6 days and eat whatever you want on the 7th. Still eliminating salt, sugar, etc. It works for fast weight loss and I do the treadmill 4-5 days a week for 45 minutes and love their sculpting program, but their diet is more than a lifestyle change. Its' too restrictive.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:07 PM   #4  

Hi Sher, welcome to the beach. SB Diet is a certainly a change of lifestyle rather than a diet. There is a big emphasis on lean meats, loads of vegies, replacing your carbos with healthier choices, drinking lots of water and getting plenty of exercise. All of these will give you better long term eating habits if you stay on SB Diet for awhile. If you have lost a lot of weight recently you may not get such a big weight loss in phase one but you will stop craving simple starches (bread, pasta, rice) and sugary food by the end of phase one. For longer term weight loss it is better to lose it slower anyway.

I have found SB Diet relatively easy to sustain over a longer period of time but as it is not so restrictive it is easy to stray.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:15 PM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Sher, Welcome to the beach! The chicks are right your loss may not be rapid due to you only have about 17 lbs. to lose but with this woe it will come off and stay off if you stick with it. Especially with the exercise you do. Good luck!
Closed Thread