Support Groups - Desperate Housewives (Formerly SAHM's) #276* Monday *

mamawithdreams
10-25-2004, 07:23 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 Ĺ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

mamawithdreams
10-25-2004, 07:34 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Hi ladies. Hope everyone had a great Sunday. Hope everyone slept well. My night was okay. Obviously if this medicine is going to help Andrew sleep, it's going to take longer than a week. Not bad, just usual. I'm gonn pay for it later, getting up at 510, but after Andrew woke me up at 430 he went back to sleep but I couldn't so I got up. But I have missed not getting up earlier than my kids. And now that dh is working on the house, his help shows up at 800 and I'm usually still in pj's and hair's a mess and so forth, so I'm gonna try to get ready earlier so if they have to come in my house, I don't have to hide.

Penny, how are you? How did you sleep?

Michelle, I'm getting VERY anxious for little Allison to come out and so are my kids. But right now I'm full of patience. I was saying the other day that the friends of mine that got that new BIG house has made me MORE anxious and after seeing my new niece, Libby, it made me more anxious for my baby so I'm just full of patience right now. Luckily I've got the holidays coming up, my favorite time of year. So we're focus on enjoying these holidays while we wait. The kids know that first we'll have Christmas, then Allison will be here then the new house will be ready. So that's the plan.

Hello to Geri, Cindi, Angel, Deana, Chris, Amy, Jill, Jaymi, Spryng, Mel and everyone else out there in sahm world. Today we are back to school, not sure if it will be this morning or afternoon, we'll play it by ear I suppose. Now we spend as much time outside as we possibly can so we'll fit it in. I'll continue to do laundry and keeping the house picked up and dinner will be chicken enchiladas, so I have a plan. Thursday will be Alisa's first Girl Scouts meeting too.

I forgot to share the funniest story with you all. While we were buying groceries at Walmart last week, we were in the can goods isle. Ally picked up a can of corn with the Green Giant on it and asked so seriously..."Is this God?" My mouth dropped, it was so cute. I said why would you ask that? I said no it's the Green Giant and she said oh, I want it to be God. I just laughed and said okay baby. That was the cutest thing ever and I wanted to share it with you.
Okay gonna get school lesson prepared and coffee sipped. TTYL

P.S. Btw, Michelle, little Allison is kicking this morning just for you, LOL!!!

mompen
10-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Morning Ladies....

Michelle,
The new program sounds neat :) Hope you had a good night at work... I am going to Wal Mart today so hopefully I can snag a box and ship ya out :)

Crystal,
Sounds like you were up early! Hope Andrew takes a good nap today! :)

Well I am getting all the last minute things done for the trip. But don't worry ladies, I don't plan on screwing up! ;)

I have all my gym stuff, me and hubby both to utilize the gym at the hotel :) WOOHOO! :)

Well I gotta get all hubby's bookwork finished so I can get the gets up and Adam!

melmcc99
10-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Morning Crystal! Such a cute story about The Green Giant being good. Out of the mouths of Babes! I bet they had the best time in the dirt yesterday!

Ok, all, heading for the gym today. Training at 10a.m. I am pooped, I hope I enough energy to do my workout. I'll check back in later.

melmcc99
10-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Penny, u snuck in on me............HI! glad your walk went well.

mompen
10-25-2004, 09:37 AM
Mel,
Ya know I'm sneeky! BARRRRHARRRR HARRR!!!! ( the amanda show...;))

Have a good time at the training session!!!!

Deana1113
10-25-2004, 09:49 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday. Dh and our friends pulled in about 1:15 and I was throwing lunch together then we ate and talked for a while. They left to head back to Michigan around 4:00. After that I went to help dh put his things away in the garage, finished washing our bedsheets and next thing I knew it was time for bed.

When I went to bed last night I had 5 chicks hatched. This morning there were 15! and still more working at it. I should end up with atleast 20 this time. I am splitting these with the people that gave me the eggs to hatch so I will have the 1 rooster and 4 hens I already had, 10 chicks from the last hatching and probably 10 from this one, so I will have 25 then.The new ones should start laying eggs in about March, weather permitting.

Chris: Too scary about the choking, Glad he's ok.

Penny: Great walk. You'll be gone in the morning when I report my WI, but I snuck a peek this morning and was down 2.5 and tomorrow is measurement day too.

Michelle: So glad you are feeling better! That program sounds too cool girl!

Mel: Have you mailed that yet? I still haven't told dh about it. Of course he had alot to do yesterday when he got home. Have a great workout.

Kathy: When I started dieting, I just made my mind up that I was going to do it. Started reading up on metabolism and how to jump start it and keep it going, then went from eating twice a day to 3 meals, 3 snacks....overnight. Drink lots of water and excercise. I checked out some of the diet plans and knew that I couldn't be too restricted for 1) I knew it would be more expensive to have ot buy my food and their food and 2) If I am too resticted, I burn out too fast. No snacking after 8:00 p.m. and make sure I don't just sit after that. I'm not much on watching tv anyway so that helps. Hope you find what will work for you soon and you can join us in watching that scale go DOWN!!!

Crystal: Too cute about Ally in the store! Can't wait to hear how Alisa likes girl scouts.

Well I need to get dh up so he will be able to sleep again later before work. Abby has school today and I need to go to the bank.

TTYL

mompen
10-25-2004, 09:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/mompen/walk.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/mompen/walk2.jpg

sharqueen76
10-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Jeniqua~28 SAHM to 3 children, Jasmine 5, Juliesa 3(almost 4 Dec 27th),and JT 2 1/2. My husband and will be married 6 years on Feburary 13th! I am currently eating in moderation but am looking into starting the South Beach Diet. :)

kandie60
10-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Morning Ladies!!!

YAH RED SOX!!!

okay, got that out of my system!

Crystal:too funny about the greengiant and God....what a smart little girl you have there!!

Deanna: That is so cool about the chickens......we would love to have chickens...but with three cats who hunt...probably not a good mix??

Goodmorning to everyone else....today is definitely a brand new day for me....I had a nice long conversation about weightloss with some friends and I feel energized....I have joined fitday.com to keep track....and here we go!!....it sure has helped that I have a scale...until I actually saw it in those digital numbers......it wasnt real....well indeed it is real!!

Have a great day all...I am sure I will check in later

sharqueen76
10-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Crystal~ Your son sounds soo adorable..isn't it amazing how kids truly do speak fromtheir hearts.. I have a 2 1/2 year old son and he already tells everyone GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!! Can you believe it?? Have a blessed day!

Deana1113
10-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Jeniqua: Nice to have you here. Post often and let us get to know you better. What kind of excercise are you doing, other than running after kids :lol: . I am Deana, almost 37 yo sahm of Erik 16, Andrew almost 9, Matthew 7 and Abby almost 5. I am limiting calories, drinking lots of water and using the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. This is a busy thread during the week so try to keep up if you can :rofl:.

Kathy: You're right, cats and chickens don't mix well, unless the chickens are well enclosed. We don't have cats and our dog has been trained to leave them alone. I now have 20 hatched and 1 more working on it. I will leave the other eggs in until tomorrow to make sure they are all hatched before i throw them out, so who knows, maybe more by then.

Well gotta start getting Abby ready for preschool then I have to go to the bank. Will check in later.

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!! :D :D :D

TTYL

Loveliam
10-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Hey gals . . . a flyby from me. I've been bombarded with our guests and everyone has been using my computer nonstop. But people are all going home this evening, so I'll hopefully catch up tonight or tomorrow :)

jbbm
10-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Leigh wanted to say Happy Birthday to Liam! 1 year age is so much fun. Enjoy him, they grow to fast!

Spryng congrats on everything. Sounds like life is really going your way :)!

Penny you look great. It is so neat you are involved in so many things, church and charities. Your a wonder woman.

Jaymi, hi nice to see you back. I have been in lurking mode :^:.

Everyone have a great week, and a great OP week! Julie
sorry so short but life is calling to get things done!!

bobsgal
10-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi everyone! I've been reading along with you all for a while now and have decided to jump in. My name is Stephanie. I am 26 years old and have been married for 5 1/2 years( feb 12) to Bob. I have 2 kids of my own plus a step daughter. My stepdaughter's name is Ashley and she's 10. My son, Brandon, is 6 1/2 and my daughter, Kayla, just turned 4 on Oct 20. I have a lot of weight to lose. I'm not quite sure as to what I weigh right now as I don't have a working scale, but I know I have over 100 lbs to lose. My husband and I just joined Bally's Total Fitness the other day and will be going for the first time tomorrow night. I'm so excited. We also get 5 1hour sessions with a personal trainer, which I desperately need. I look forward to getting to know you all better and winning this weight loss battle.
Steph

melmcc99
10-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Steph, Welcome, I am Melissa. Where r u in Jersey? I live in Oakland, near wayne, pomptain lakes and all. You'll love it here.

Deana, the envelope is going out today. I've had it in the envelope for 2 days and didn't have a stamp. I'll mail it at the post office. You should have it in two days.

Leah, Hi, how is the walking doing? How many steps so far? Are they increasing?

Crystal, Hello again!

Penny, hope you are having a good day. Have you finished dh's book work? I bet you can't wait to get away with hubby. You are going to have a super duper time.

Hi Jeniqua, nice to meet you. I am Melissa SAHM of 2. You'll like it here.

Hi, Jbbm, nice to hear from you again. I'm sorry, I can't remember your name, was it lori or amy? Put it in your signature. I remember you, but not your name, bad me.! How's the dieting going? Hope you are well.

Kathy, you are soooo right. Today is a new day and you are going to do awesome. Are you getting in any exercise? What i've been doing is looking at lables and then thinking, "well, it took me a half hour to burn off 200 calories, I'm not going to waste it on ...." Try that and see if it helps you. You will do awesome!

Anyway all. I was so tired today, and my training reflected it. Everything seemed soooo hard! But I plugged along doing the best I could. I was joking with the trainer saying " maybe we burn more calories this way, since it seemed like so much more work, maybe it is when you tired." What da ya thing? Yah right! Wishful thinking. ANyway, no gym tomorrow, it's bugga's Endocrinologist appointment. Wish us luck! Friday is his Eye dr appointment. We'll see if we leave with a rx for glasses. The doctor said probably. Poor bugga, he can't catch a break and neither can I. Sorry, to babble.

Have a good day all!

sherybaby
10-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi girls!
My name is Sherry, I'm kind of a SAHM I just started lunch monitoring at my kids school this yr. 2.25 hrs. a day M-F. I have 2 kids, Taylor (girl) 7 (alomost 8 Dec. 29th) and Trent (Boy) 9. I've been married to Jim for 11 yrs. now as of Oct. 16th...just a week ago! I've recently started ww a couple weeks ago, well, I should say restarted...I've been a lifetime member of ww since 1993, the yr. I got married. Having a hard time getting started again too. I'm 39 and since I've been 35 put on an extra 50 lbs. I really feel aweful about the way I look and need to get this under control ASAP! I am lookingfor all the motivation I can get. You all seem so nice. I think I'm gonna like it here! :D
I do know Jeiqua from another forum and let me tell you ladies she's a fabulous person! I just love knowing her and am happy to be here at this forum w/her!

Chubba
10-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Hello to all the newbies!!

Spryng...congrats to you and dh!! Have fun working!

Just a fly by for me too....it's beautiful outside so we have to enjoy it. It'll be gone so soon. Tomorrow is a work day so I'll check back in sometime!

Hugs to all~

melmcc99
10-25-2004, 03:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/melmcc99/abigailcinderella.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/melmcc99/abigailcinderella2.jpg
Some pics of Princess Abigail, aka, Cinderella. Bugga wouldn't where his Train costume.

mamawithdreams
10-25-2004, 03:49 PM
Welcome Sherry and Steph, I'm Crystal 27 yo, sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa is 6, Ally is 3, Andrew is almost 23 months and I'm due Feb. 1st. I've stuck around here even after I found out I was pregnant, because for one I'm addicted,lol and also the support here is awesome. If that's what you need and some motivation you have totally come to the right spot. I live in Texas and I homeschool, been married for 9 years. Hope you girls stick around.

Mel, Hi how are you? Those pictures are tooooo cute and I think she looks like you, do you get that alot?

Okay, the guys were getting the forms set and took a lunch break and I'm afraid are going to be rained out today. They're waiting for a bit to see. Seeing the forms up look so REAL!!! I'll let you all know.
TTYL

bobsgal
10-25-2004, 04:17 PM
Mel- I live in Burlington, NJ. It's considered South Jersey. I'm assuming you're up North. Thanks to Crystal for welcoming me. Hi Sherry, I'm new here as well. Hope to get to know everyone else soon. I know from reading that this can be a very chatty group, which I love. Gotta go help my son with his homework. Hopefully I'll be able to pop in later. Bye for now.
Steph

kandie60
10-25-2004, 04:35 PM
mid afternoon hello!!

welcome to the new members

I am also a new member:) I am Kathy, 33....my hubby and I have been married for 5 yrs....we have two daughters, Natalie 5, and Ashley 4, we have been trying for #3 since April 2002
I just shocked myself with a purchase of a scale....to see I weigh 190...which is heavier then I was when 9 month prego with Ashley!!

before Natalie I was 10lbs if that overweight....with two kids 12 months apart....the weight never left after pregnancy.......and here I am now.....

This seems like a great bunch of ladies!!! great for motivation and support.

Deana1113
10-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

Welcome to Sherry and Steph. You have come to the right place! This is the best group of women for support and a shoulder when you need one.

I'm Deana, 37 yo sahm of Erik 16, Andrew almost 9 (Dec 29th as well Sherry), Matthew 7 and Abby almost 5 (Jan 8th). Have been married to Scott for 6 years (Oct. 17th). I am VERY onvolved in my boys' scouting and trying to prepare for Daisy's next year with Abby. We have alot of things close Sherry.

Mel: THANK YOU AGAIN!!! I can't wait to get it and go check it out. Although with the schedule this week it will be either Thursday morning or Friday before I can get in there. Abigail is just beautiful, like her Mommy. My Abby wanted to be a ballerina then last night she told me she wanted to be Cinderella, so I don't know what we're doing yet. I have to get on it soon. Both the boys are going as cowboys so that's an easy one.

Geri: Hi :wave:. Don;t fly by too fast, we might miss you....:rofl:

Leigh: Hope life gets back to normal for you soon. We miss you. How did Liam's birthday party turn out. I bet he loved all the attention :D .

Julie: :wave: glad you stopped in.

Crystal: Hope the rain doesn't slow them down too much.

I'm working on supper, chili, then have to get Scott up for work in an hour. I'll be back later.

TTYL

Loveliam
10-25-2004, 07:51 PM
OMG!! I am soooo exhausted LOL. Everyone has left (even DH :lol:, but he returns tomorrow). Liam is passed out on the couch, catching up from all the over-stimulation. But if he wakes, I'll have to sign off and continue this later.

We had a wonderful 5 days with the relatives and celebrating Liam's Birthday. It's a little sad feeling now that everyone has left, but it's also nice to get back to our normal routine. For example, Liam is so off schedule that he won't really eat solid food, so he's been having way too many bottles. But, it's back to solid food and our normal day tomorrow :)

Liam's party was tons of fun . . . he hated his costume, so I didn't get too many great pics of him with the froggy hood part on, but I'll post some pics anyway. He also slept through part of the party, but that's okay :rofl:

Crystal- the holidays are my favorite time of year too. The Green Giant thing is sooo funny! Hope you wrote it down somewhere so you'll never forget it :D

Penny- love the photos! Hope you have a good trip - where are ya'll going? I think I wasn't here when you posted abou it.

Melissa- ohhhh! How cute she is!!!

Kathy- glad you're excited about your goals :0 I bet fitday will work well for you.

Jeniqua, Sherry, and Stephanie, welcome! I'm Leigh. SAHM to a one year old. I'm restaring my diet plan (after being way off plan for a while). I look forward to getting to know both of you.

Melissa- at least you did the workout even when you didn't feel like it! Good luck with bugga's appointment tomorrow.

Hi, Julie! Hope everything is great for you this week too.

Spryng- I take it you got the job??? Whoo-hoo!!!!! Congrats.

Uh-oh! Liam's waking. I'm going to post this and then finish posting to each of you in a bit . . .

Bayleysmom
10-25-2004, 08:30 PM
No time to chat a lot right now but wanted to say hi to the newbies and to share these pics with ya! Penny your's are great. Hope I can get back on this thing a little later and address everyone! TTYL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/hurley1751/dadandbay2.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/hurley1751/pumpkin4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/hurley1751/Bayleypumpkin1.gif

ya no smiles from her! LOL she was tired but I still think she had fun!

Bayleysmom
10-25-2004, 08:32 PM
P.S. sorry so big. I haven't mastered the resizing tool yet. That little boy is Hunter, the one I watch everyday, which by the way I will be watching till 9 pm on Tuesdays so his mom can go to class, extra money!! WHoo Hoo

Bayleysmom
10-25-2004, 09:24 PM
P.S.S Mel your daughter is adorable!!!

sherybaby
10-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! You all are so sweet! I am so loving this forum so far! I'm looking forward to spending lots of time here. Baley's mom...(Love the name!) those are the cutest pictures and kids! I have pics like that of my kids at that age. Oh how I miss it! :( I guess they all have to grow up sometime tho huh?!

Deanna....you can't believe how much we probly have in common! Kids ages, birthdays AND I just signed up to be a Brownie leader! LOL! :lol: I really wanted to just be a co-leader but you know how that goes. No one ever wants to step up and I hate to see the kids suffer so here I am. My girlfriend and I swear we must have the word SUCKER stamped on our forheads! But I do enjoy spending time w/the kids. I do alot w/the PTA too which is alot of work but again fullfilling! We'll have to chat sometime!

Have a good nite and I'm sure I'll be here daily if possible! :cb:

Jaymi_Dol_78
10-25-2004, 10:01 PM
Hello everyone! Just have time to update today, no time to get personal with everyone.. but I see that everyone is doing much better! I'm so proud of everyone! YAY! So... I exercised for an hour today, and my calories came in at 1550 or something. But I'm starving right now. I drank a whole 16 oz of water.. YAY :) I know thatís not a lot to you all, but to me it is. I hate water, and going from none to 16 is big. Iím going to try for 24 tomorrow. I bought some fruit 2 0.. But I can tell that Iím going to get sick of it real quick like. I might exercise again so that I can eat something else! Not for an hour though... running out of time. I need to TRY and sleep early... but I doubt it. My daughter just woke up from her nap.. YIKES! Anyways I haven't even set a calorie goal for myself yet. I'm just basically watching what I eat! Those da*n Wendy burgers get me every time! I tried these "guilt free French fries" or the recipe I just say and it was a disaster. There is NO good fat free food! NONE!! It all stinks! My dh tasted some f/f dressing and thought it was soo disgusting. I say, now you see why I'm so miserable and what I have to go through each day. But anyways maybe I'll try them again another day. I hope everyone is doing great! I didn't get any housework done today, but I did cook, or am cooking now. Pork chops. I have no idea what else. So..... I guess I'll go now. If I exercise again I'll come back and check in!

KathyÖ Iíve been there.. As you can see. I canít say that my road to weight loss has been easy. Itís been **** actually. Iíve been here crying.. Iíve given up like 3 times. But the most effective way that I lost weight, was counting calories and exercising 7 days a week. I depressed myselfÖ but I worked hard and didnít realize that I was doing good and should have been proud. Now Iíve gained 15 lbs back and I gotta start again! So hereís to losing weight! You can do it!

OkÖso hereís my own personal QOTDÖ is anyone else out there having the ďwanting another babyĒ disease?!? MY dh doesnít want anymore every.. And that is the LAST thing we need right now.. But I sooo want to get pregnant againÖ. Anyone else out there wanting this {secretly} :lol:

Welcome Jeniqua!!!!

Great Pics Penny!!!

Welcome Steph!!!

Hey JBBM!! LMAO I forgot your name too! That sucks!! Sorry, do ya forgive me?! Well Iím glad to see ya too!

Welcome Sherry!!!

Mel.. Cute pics! OOOHHH :lol:

JILL.. Cute pics!!!! AWWWW :lol:

OOOOO :lol3:Ö Just had to put that in there!

spryng
10-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Good evening all!

Sorry I was MIA most of the day. DH didn't leave until 1 pm and I got stuck at MIL house. We were suppose to go see Shark Tale, then something came up and they had to leave so I stayed and watched SIL kids and mine while they ran into town. Well SIL came back but MIL and FIL decided to go do something else and never even called so we waited around for nothing because we missed the movie anyway. O-well. I was tired anyway and ready to come home.

Well this next two weeks I plan on staying very busy in this house preparing for my new job. I want to do flylady right this time so that when I do go to work it won't take long in the mornings and at night to clean house and keep it tidy. I hope anyway.

OK, well, I wish I can get personal but I have to get the kids ready for bed. We are all going down early tonight, I am so tired. Welcome to all the newbies! I look forward to getting to know you all! And Jaymi, yes there are times I wish I was pregnant... but I know now is not the right time, you know? Maybe in a few years we'll have our 4th and final baby, but maybe in a few years I'll like all my kids in school and not want to start over, lol... so who knows. But let's just say that if I did come up pregnant right now (freak accident of course) I wouldn't be upset about it. :)

Ok, loved all the pics everyone shared! I'll be around a whole lot more tomorrow. Forgive me for keeping this short! I really do miss you all I'm just so tired! TTYL!

sharqueen76
10-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Hello Ladies :) I am so glad to tell be a part of this forum!! You all seem soo nice. I must tell you though, Sherry is a real sweetheart..she's played a big part in keeping me motivated. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be here ;) . Thanks Sherry for being there for me.

About my exercise routines.. I workout to the Body Sculpting System 2 by The Firm. The system comes with 2 videos( I brought an extra one), a sculpting stick and a fanny lifter(I know what a name huh :lol: ?) But let me tell you, it really reshapes your buns though. They say after 10 workouts you'll see results but honestly after 5 workouts people noticed :D . I also work in WATP 1,2 and 3 into my exercise rotation. I try to drink 8 8 oz glasses of water everyday. I drink my water with lemon. Did you know lemon water is good for you?? It cleans out your system. I never knew that, I just love the way it tastes :o . That's all for now..

PS~ Do any of you live in NY?? I live in Upstate,NY.

kandie60
10-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Mel: awww your daughter is so cute!! love it!!

Deanna: how did the chili turn out?? was it low fat? I loooove chilli and havent had some in a few years...I wonder how good turkey chilli is??

Leigh: sounds like a great 5 days!! but I hear you on getting back to routine...especially when you have a toddler in the house (yep its official...you now have a toddler!!)

Jill: those are great pictures!! your daughter and that liitle boy are soo cute!! is that your hubby??? he is a hottie eh? I havent done any pumpkin pictures yet this year....I am an avid scrapbooker and love to scrap those sort of pages.....better get my butt in gear!!

Jaymi: look at how far you have come!! see, you are what inspires me, too see that good of a weight loss! I know it can be done!! I am with you on the water thing....I avoid it at all costs.......I cant stand our well water anyway unless it is flavoured with something....like crystal lite!! one step at a time though!

Spryng: congrats on the job!! and good luck with flylady..I have tried that a couple of times but was overwhelmed with all the emails.

QOTD: well as you can see from my ticker....yep we want to be pregnant again.....we have been trying since April 2002....my daughters were conceived easily.....well they were suprise babies...Natalie was a birthcontrol pill baby and 3 months after my c-section with her.....we were pregnant again...I didnt even get a period post partum!!!...I have endometriosis and when on the pill it kept it in control and the first pregnancy kept it back as well...so that is why I got pregnant...now it has been almost 3 years since I have been off the pill....I am sure I am chuck full of endometriosis by this point....so it literally would be a miracle if I got pregnant!! I would be crying my eyes out for joy if for once I peed on that dam stick and got a second line.....it has been a rough road and I am not getting any younger!! too bad we dont have the $$ for infertility treatment.

I have added pictures of my daughters: the one with the curly hair is my 5 year old Natalie, and the straight haired one is my 4 yr old Ashley

kandie60
10-25-2004, 10:56 PM
Jeniqua: where about in upstate NY do you live?? I used to live close to Albany, in Bennington, VT...anyway I travel a lot on I-90 to get to my brothers who live in Southern Ontario.

bobsgal
10-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Jill- that picture of your husband and daughter is hysterical. How cute! Hello out there to everyone else who's posted since I did last. I look forward to getting to know you all. I work part time at Home Depot(about 30 hours a week) I try to get most of my hours in while the kids are in school, but I do work some nights and weekends. I've lived in NJ all my life and all of my immediate family lives in the general area. I've struggled with my weight since middle school. I lost weight my junior year of high school and started putting it back on when I got pregnant with my son at 19. I kept gaining weight after that and was at my highest weight of 292 lbs when I got pregnant with my daughter. I've yo-yoed ever since then and I'm probably at a new high, sad to say. But that's going to change. As I mentioned before, my husband and I joined a gym and will have sessions with a personal trainer. Knowing that I have someone to be accountable to is a big motivator. I'd ultimately like to get to about 160 lbs(I'm 5'11"), but I'm taking it in small steps along the way. Talk to you all later.
Steph

Deana1113
10-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Good Evening Ladies!

Kathy: The chili turned out great and no not really low fat. I used about 2 lbs of 81%lean ground Angus beef, 1 onion, green peppers, pakcages chili seasoning, 1 can red beans, 1 can dark red kidney beans, 1 can tomato juice and 2 cans of diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and onions, garlic salt to taste. I didn't figure the calories in it but it's not a whole lot and I stil lcame up short on cals today. WI is tomorrow and I hope it's a good one. It's also measurement day. Really hope I see a loss in both. Ok, I went and figured it....1 cup was about 200 calories, I had 1.5 cups, so about 350 calories. With that I came up about 200 cals short for the day. I only count calories so I'm not sure on the fat. Guess I could figure that too from the cans. If my calculations are correct it looks like about 7.5 g of fat per cup. I use the fat and calorie calculator on foodnetwork.com, it's under recipes on the right, and the ground turkey isn't that much less fat and the same calories as ground beef.
You're girls are sooooo cute!!!

Steph: You can do this and we are here for any support you may need. Oh, the havoc pregnancy wreaks on our bodies :( . Good luck with the gym and trainer.

Spryng: Sorry you missed the movie. Get some rest and see us tomorrow.

Jeniqua: Sounds like you are on the right path. Keep it up on the excercise and water!

Jaymi: You're getting there girl!!! Baby steps! It will happen. ;)

QOTD: NO WAY, NO HOW!!!!!!!! 4 of them keep me busy enough and I had my tubes tied almost 3.5 years ago. Best thing I ever did. No worries now.

Sherry: Sounds like we do have alot in common. My oldest is working on his Eagle Scout, I am Asst. Leader for the Bear Den, Leader for the Wolf Den and Abby soooo wants to be a cub scout :rofl:. I think I finally have her convinced that she can't be a CUB scout and next year she can be a Daisy. I will probably be a leader with her too. Yes, We'll have to chat sometime.

Jill: Those pics are just toooooo cute girl!!! :D Better watch putting pics of your hottie on the net...... ;)

Leigh: Glad to hear Liam's party went great. Get life back to normal and we'll see you soon. Try not to work too hard this week.

As for the water drinking....I hate the taste of any water by itself and I know this may sound weird but I put 3 packets of Splenda in 20 oz. of purified water. I used to be such a popaholic and now I think using the Splenda in my water gives me that sweet taste and I haven't even wanted a soda in over 2 months.

Well, wish me luck on WI in the morning :D , please?

I got me a decongestant to try to clear up my ear and about 30 minutes after I took it I started feeling really tired, even though the box says non-drowsy. It is really kicking my butt. So I'm off to bed in a few. Talk to you all in the morning.

TTYL

mompen
10-26-2004, 01:05 AM
HI Ladies :D

I know that it is very late and we are leaving at 5:30 in the morning.. the airport is an hour away and our plane boards at 8:00...

So anyhow I hope everyone has a great night!

I will talk to you all FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Lots of luv to ya all!

Hi to the newbies :)

Great PICS to all you ladies! VERY CUTE!!!!

MichelleRae
10-26-2004, 01:37 AM
Penny I hope you have a great time!! I will miss youuuuuu!!! :grouphug: You really deserve this!!!! I love ya!!

Hi Jeniqua and Sherry its great having you here!! I look forward to getting to know you better :D

Geri hope you enjoyed the day!!!

Spryng I'm so glad that you are excited to build a career outside the home. Your new job sounds more like a career than say...working at a hotel....ahem...ahem...not talking about my position LOL!! You career lady you!! Woohoo!! Okay I'm better now I don't know what came over me ;)

Jill I loved the pics!! Bayley is just adorable!!

Mel Abby is CUTE!!!!!! Taylor is going to be cinderella too how cute!!!!

Jaymi yes I have been wanting to be pregnant again but we all know that isn't going to happen unless hubbys sperm can run through knots and jump 2 or three inches lol. Okay okay maybe that was too visual ;)

Crystal, see that baby wants out and she wants to come see Aunt Michelle in Montana!! Man oh man you give me baby fever.....I'm running away lol JK Have you started having the wierd pregnancy dreams yet?

Okay I'm obviously looped, meaning tired, so I'm getting off here before ya'll think I'm even more nuts than you already do ;)
Love to you all!!
Michelle

Jaymi_Dol_78
10-26-2004, 01:39 AM
Hello everyone! Just wanted to update everyone! I was soo hungry.. So I exercised for 50 more minutes. My total calories so far is at 1620. Iím still starved, and want to eat an apple. But I need to save those 90 calories for tomorrow. I also added 24 more oz of water for a total of 40!! WOW!! I was thirsty though! :lol: Well anyways 1620 is pretty high. I need to do better. If I hadnít eaten that darned burger from Wendyís! Iím going to start bringing sandwiches with me. I said I was going to do that before, but never do. Never hurts to try! Have a nice night all!

mamawithdreams
10-26-2004, 08:39 AM
starting a new thread.